Need help gaining mass

bige211

Awards
Can anyone just advise me on how to gain mass. I don't need to get cut or lose weight. Im just having trouble putting on mass. I'm 6'1 and 170 pounds. I used to take sus500 and was up to 190-195lbs. Since it was banned I haven't found anything that compares. I took testoPro, hgh up, Anedrol, and nothing had the same effects.

Any help is appreciated

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can anyone just advise me on how to gain mass. I don't need to get cut or lose weight. Im just having trouble putting on mass. I'm 6'1 and 170 pounds. I used to take sus500 and was up to 190-195lbs. Since it was banned I haven't found anything that compares. I took testoPro, hgh up, Anedrol, and nothing had the same effects.

Any help is appreciated
If you're having trouble putting on mass, then the FIRST thing you need to look at is your NUTRITION, not your supplements - honestly, you could make gains with just the Basic Staples (creatine, multivitamin/antioxidant, good fats, protein, and BCAAs).

If you want gains, then you need to eat enough for them, and no supplement is going to help you gain muscle if you're not eating for it, period! At your age NUTRITION and TRAINING are the two factors that you need to focus on. FOOD, FOOD, and MORE FOOD is going to be IMPORTANT - if you want muscle gains, you needs to EAT for it!

Next to nutrition for mass is training. You have to be training correctly for mass - check out the article How To Maximize Mass Through Weights And Adaptation for an idea of how to train correctly for mass. And although The Essential 8 is in the fat loss section, the same exercises that are best for fat loss are also the best for gaining muscle! You also need to NOT lift almost daily - your body NEEDS recovery, since it's in your RECOVERY that you GROW (if you are eating enough).

I recommend having a training programme (AND nutrition plan - can't forget your nutrition, since that's what is going to make or break your success with gaining muscle mass!) written specifically for YOU for your goals and needs. If you can't afford a professional trainer, then take some time out to research and look around, because there is a TON of information on training for mass!

~Rosie~

bige211

Awards
Thanks a lot for all the info. Your prob. right about the eating portion. I consider myself a picky eater and I don't get alot of greens in my system which i know are really good for training. I do take creatine, i drink protein shakes daily and take a multi-vitamin, fish oil, and garlic daily. I have to look into BCAA's, wasn't even sure what they were. I am going to take your advice though, I appreciate it.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Sus500 is a prohormone thus it is easy to understand that your body would carry a ton more glycogen and intracellular water. Did you have a pct after that run?

Anyways, if you are not measuring your diet and lifting routine, that is the place to start. How are you supposed to see progress if you aren't measuring your efforts? If you are measuring your efforts, then simply raise calories and volume and your body must comply and grow. Also, TIME is a huge component. Without aid, the body can only synthesize new muscle at slow rate. You need to give your body time to adjust and hold onto the new muscle.

bige211

Awards
Ya I took Tribulus to restore my test levels after taking sus 500. To be honest, I've been lifting pretty consistently for over 2 years now. However I did take breaks due to work. I consider myself to be in pretty good shape. I just changed up my usual lifting routine which was...day 1 chest/back....day 2 arms....day 3 shoulders/legs....put in on average 4-5 days a week in the gym. I just started Vince Garonda's 8x8 routine and can already feel the burn. However I have never really measured my diet or my body. Carcaya do you have any further advice, being that I never did. I appreciate it and thank you

bige211

Awards
And its not that my body hasnt changed, its just that with sus 500 it was quick and easy. Before sus and after sus hasn't been nearly as easy. I just feel I am doing something wrong and should have better results

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks a lot for all the info. Your prob. right about the eating portion. I consider myself a picky eater and I don't get alot of greens in my system which i know are really good for training. I do take creatine, i drink protein shakes daily and take a multi-vitamin, fish oil, and garlic daily. I have to look into BCAA's, wasn't even sure what they were. I am going to take your advice though, I appreciate it.
No worries :)

No "probably" - if you're not making gains, you're NOT EATING ENOUGH for them, period!

Read the article linked in post #2 re Basic Staples - it explains each of the basic staples supplements, what they are, what they do, and why they are staples.

~Rosie~

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
No "probably" - if you're not making gains, you're NOT EATING ENOUGH for them, period!
This ^^^

If you can't gain wait with what you're eating now, you won't gain weight regardless of what you're taking.

One thing you could try would be a Tbsp of Olive Oil with every meal. 120 calories each. 720 calories extra per day. :biggthumpup: Healthy fat too.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Everyone's body is a bit different in macronutrient digestion and utelization, so all i can tell you is that i grow the best and remain lean when my diet consists roughly 45% carbs, 35% protein, 20% fat macronutrients. This means that 45% of the calories i eat come from carbs and so on. I break it into 7 meals each consisting of a roughly equal amount of protein. Here is an example, but you will want to tune it and switch it up with equivalents.

Meal 1 - 3 slices wheat bread(ezekiel), 2 Whole eggs, 4 egg whites, 1 tablespoon smart balance butter spread
Meal 2 preworkout - Banana, 20 grams dextrose (a cheap simple carb), and 80 cals of berries in a shake with 5g AAKG and 5g creatine monohydrate
Meal 3 postworkout - 16 ounces skim milk, 40 grams dextrose, 2 scoops myofusion protein, 5g creatine monohydrate
Meal 4 - 5 ounces tuna, 4 ounces whole wheat pasta, 2 tablespoons smart balance
Meal 5 - 6 ounces chicken breast, 1.5 cups brown rice, 1 tablespoon sb, 1 cup green beans
Meal 6 - 5 ounces tuna, 1 orange, 2 slices wheat bread, 1 ounce peanuts
Meal 7 prebed - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 8 ounces skim milk, 2 scoops casein protein, 1 ounce almonds

This is roughly 3800 cals, 320g prot, 450g carb, 90g fat. I have lost fat and put on muscle with this. You should probably throw a few more veggies in as well.

Treat your body like a machine and monitor exactly whats going into it. Lift like you are, do 30 mins cardio after your lifts @135-155 heartrate.

Take steps with this. A written out diet is often intimidating to most. So start with what you can do. Lots of people will tell you a lot of things on this forum. You got to try them and test them and gain your own hands on knowledge to get the results you want. Best of luck with you bro. Ultimately, your dedication and commitment to not give up is the most important thing.

PM me for any other questions.

chandlerbing

Awards
These guys are right, it's probably your diet. And maybe your PCT after. Because you probably could have kept yourself near that 190 if you came off right and kept up the diet.

I used Sus500 over a year ago: was okay stuff, gained 10-15, made me angry as hell though...

chaka69

Awards
Could anybody give me some guidence on taking this sus 500. I'm a first timer and want to get as much info as possible before i take this stuff.