I need help from all my friends here at A.M

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
Ive been a member here at a.m for a long time. Ive learned alot about supps and excercise, but unf. I was one of those who thought supps were the miracle cure but in then end they dont help if your diet and training isnt in check. The last two years ive battled depression and anxiety very heavily. I have also stayed away from the gym more and more and have put on alot of weight. Im FAT my friends and my self esteem has dropped to a all time low. I finally realized the only way I can get better is too believe in myself and ask for help. I need help learning about nutrition, the best and safest ways too lose weight and the types of training to use to get there. I will also be using supps. I have alot of supps on hand. Please if u would, point me in the right direction. Give me ideas, help me design a plan. I can do this. I want to do this and I want to log my tough journey here on anabolicminds and be accountable to myself and to the world. So if there are anyone out there who would like to help me, chime in and lets get this party started. It wont be easy, it will be the toughest thing I ever had to do.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
What kind of routine are you thinking about?

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
not sure. its been awhile since Ive been in the gym, depression is a killer my friend. Any ideas?

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
What do you enjoy doing in the gym? Obviously i'd think the best thing would be a good mix of cardio and lifting. It just depends on how much time you can devote to the gym or exercising.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
I luv cardio, weights are good, I dont have a partner so alot of heavy lifting could be trouble. Besides Ive been out of the gym so long, I doubt i could lift anything heavy.

As far as time, I got time. I work 6-230 so I can do whatever it takes. Cardio before work, weights after, whatever it takes. I want to do this no matter how hard it is.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What i'll tell you for sure, is that if you've built a habit over 2 years trying to make radical changes in one month will hurt, and be discouraging. Also, having too high an expectation for how fast the fat loss will be will also be discouraging. I'm going to repost here some advice i've given before.

For now, you need to forget about "dieting" and instead learn how to eat. You can't view what you are doing as a phase or something you'll stop once you reach x goal, it has to be a change of life. Lets just say you wants to get down to 200lbs. All you really needs to do is eat what maintenance would be for 200, and over time you'll get there. You should target either one meal or one of your weak food points every 3-4 weeks to change. That gives you enough time to have adjusted to the last change and have it feel like a normal part of life. If you want faster results, remind yourself of how long it took to get to the size you are starting from.

Here is some referential stuff for you to think about, or pick up this book. They have it and some of the variations on it at Sams Club even

I feel like I've posted this a thousand times but here it goes again :)

So do you eat the muffin normally and then eat a ton of other stuff as well? or do you eat 1/3 of the pile of fruit and save the rest for later?

Do you have the tart for 440 cals or just one bowl of the raspberries for 55 cals?

Do you end up eating all the things on the left side, instead of the meal on teh right side that ends up being 1/3 the calories?

This is from Dr Randy Shapiro's Picture Perfect Weight Loss

As far as routine goes, almost the same advice applies. Start with something, anything. Get into the habit of doing that part whatever it is, do it consistently for a month, then add more. A full leap into a rough 4 day split with cardio the other 3 days is a recipe to wear yourself out, be sore as hell, and be unmotivated. So pick something you like doing in the gym, whatever it is. Playing handball, jumping rope, it doesn't quite matter what. And then slowly add on more over time.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
Your right easy, no quick fixes. i dont want to drop a ton of weight in one month, I want a life long change.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ive been a member here at a.m for a long time. Ive learned alot about supps and excercise, but unf. I was one of those who thought supps were the miracle cure but in then end they dont help if your diet and training isnt in check. The last two years ive battled depression and anxiety very heavily. I have also stayed away from the gym more and more and have put on alot of weight. Im FAT my friends and my self esteem has dropped to a all time low. I finally realized the only way I can get better is too believe in myself and ask for help. I need help learning about nutrition, the best and safest ways too lose weight and the types of training to use to get there. I will also be using supps. I have alot of supps on hand. Please if u would, point me in the right direction. Give me ideas, help me design a plan. I can do this. I want to do this and I want to log my tough journey here on anabolicminds and be accountable to myself and to the world. So if there are anyone out there who would like to help me, chime in and lets get this party started. It wont be easy, it will be the toughest thing I ever had to do.
The 3 Keys to Fat Loss comprehensively covers nutrition, supplementation - you only need the basics, and training for effective and successful fat loss. Everything mentioned in the article can be used as a LIFESTYLE - just change your caloric intake up when you change your goals. There's also a few extra fat loss training articles linked there, and a Sample Training Programme for Fat Loss - as well as a couple in the article.

Read the information Eric has provided as well. With both that and those articles you should well be able to put together a nutrition plan and training programme that will help you re fat loss.

Remember to start off slow - don't change everything at once, because there is less chance of success with that. Experiment a little with the principles you learn and find out what works best for YOU and just do it.

~Team APPNUT

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
When you say heavy weight... You can't expect to jump back in and hit some new PRs. If it's been a while since you've been to the gym, you probably will have to set smaller goals for yourself and just bust ass in the kitchen and in the gym. You can always use hammer strength machines (rows, chest press, shoulder press, leg press) to mimmick compound movements, you could use the smith machine, and you can use a power rack for squats and put the levers on the side in case of failure. Lots of options, don't think you NEED a spotter. All you need is to listen to yourself and to make progress.

Im a big dude, so Im not the best with diet, but if you have any questions about training, feel free to PM me. I know that different routines work for different people, but I can share what little has worked for me. Good luck bro and keep us updated how things are going...

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
thank u guys, theres some really good info there. im trying to soak it all up

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
and SC, dont worry, I know for a fact I will not be hitting any heavy prs for a long time. I feel pretty weak right now. Its the last thing Im worried about. I have nothing to prove to any but myself

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
rocky balboa is from philly and im from philly so lets go

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
now all you need is Adrien...

AYO ADRIEN!!!!!!!!!!! lol

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
hey man, i wish you luck. i know you can do it!!!

bigsexy74

bigsexy74

Awards
  • Established
hey bro, i started at 310 a year ago, i actually used the rippetoe 5x5 program. you could maybe look into that. i also learned that i NEEDED to track everything i ate, that helped a ton. good luck man. i'm in for ya.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
just got back from a long walk with the family. Ya, I know walking isnt the same as running but im out of shape and need to build up to it. Its a start. Its hot and muggie so we walked the big trail around the lake and the kids swam in the water for a bit

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Keep us posted man. All eyes are on you :p

bigsexy74

bigsexy74

Awards
  • Established
may i ask where your at now bigsexy!
ya man, i've been fluctuating between 255 and 260. i'm actually gonna start another log this week, we can keep each other going brother. johnnynutz is running a log also man, you can get some great advice from everyone.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Hit me up freezi. You have my sword.

mmacrazy

mmacrazy

Awards
  • Established
just got back from a long walk with the family. Ya, I know walking isnt the same as running but im out of shape and need to build up to it. Its a start. Its hot and muggie so we walked the big trail around the lake and the kids swam in the water for a bit

Walking and running are both very good. Difference being of course that walking is less stress on the important stuff which is good.
There is no miracle to weight loss but what I can tell you is what I did.

Last october I was 260 pounds. I had numerous helth issues which I wont go into here but they were bad news. I decided to sign on for an mma class to try and lose weight and got control of my diet.

Usually I would eat as follows
granola with fat free greek yogurt for breakfast
apple or banana for snack
turkey sandwich with cheese for lunch. sometimes side salad
next snack was more fruit
dinner was healthy but more or less whatever I wanted. Whole wheat pasta with chicken as an example.
I only worked out 2 days a week and was able to drop weight pretty quickly and I felt awesome doing it !
Of course no soda or juice or stuff like that.
I prefer to eat my calories as apposed to drinking them.

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
You can do it!! I wish you luck my man.

I am trying to cut my bodyfat down big time, just started a log for it to. I will be keeping an eye on your progress. You should think about taking some before pics, even if you dont plan on posting them anytime soon. You seem really motivated and its always cool to see someones full progress and to see where they came from.

Good luck!

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
Today was tuesday, I did morning cardio for 40 minutes with moderate intensity. I also stretched out later for 20 minutes

Before and after pics are a must. I already took the before. I will someday post them but for right now they are safe and sound.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
havent figured out diet yet but I did figure out my maitenance dose of calories is 3145 so minus 500=2645 for my deficit. Will be working the rest of the week on a plan and hope to intament it next week. for now Ive been trying to cut back and eat smaller meals more often and leave the sweets and pop alone. One day at a time

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Looks good man, and good job on the cardio. You're right, one day at a time brother.

NCAA68

NCAA68

Awards
  • Established
for me I need routines and schedules, more options leads to slipping. I plan it out monday I eat this tuesday this and so on. Military like repetition. Cuz if I start giving myself a chance to go Ill have this or this then I start thinking I could just have that if I make up for it tomorrow or I wont eat that later for this now, and that crap wont cut it. Sorry I confused myself, good luck Im subbed and rooting for ya :arms:

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
Woke up at 5, work at 6. Took a quick 20 min jog, took a shower, downed a protein shake with oats and headed to work

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
Can someone enlighten me on when the best times for taking in carve is? Upon rising? Before and after workouts?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Really it doesn't qute matter that much, so long as they are complex carbs, and reasonable portions

NCAA68

NCAA68

Awards
  • Established
Some ppl say no carbs after 6pm. Other ppl obviously know more than me but ive read that as a simple guide

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
Got a 20 min break, downed a fiber one yogurt and took a 20 min power walk around the grounds. Beautiful out and it felt great

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
Realized one thing, I need to drink more water. I took my lunchbrreak and ate a turkey sand on wahoos grain with sum cucumbers. Then I took another 20 min power walk

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can someone enlighten me on when the best times for taking in carve is? Upon rising? Before and after workouts?
It's really very dependent on the individual, but IMO definitely post-training - to replenish muscle glycogen stores, and with your first meal of the day.

Some ppl say no carbs after 6pm. Other ppl obviously know more than me but ive read that as a simple guide
Ignore that - you can effectively AND successfully lose fat eating carbohydrates after 6pm, and even right up until 1-2 hours (or just before - I know I do sometimes) pre-bed. You just have to find what works for YOU.

NCAA68

NCAA68

Awards
  • Established
Ignore that - you can effectively AND successfully lose fat eating carbohydrates after 6pm, and even right up until 1-2 hours (or just before - I know I do sometimes) pre-bed. You just have to find what works for YOU.
Point taken :nutkick: just something I read possibly part of the DC workout. But if I learned one thing never doubt rosie girl knows her shyt :love:

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
On my way to the gym, wish me luck! Downed some asgt 60 min prior and anadraulic pump 15 min before! I'm nervous but I can do this

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
Back and bi's took a beating along with sum an work! Felt great, I feel like a winner. One day down, the rest of my life to go

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
Post walkout carbs and protein down the old hatch

bigsexy74

bigsexy74

Awards
  • Established
great job brother....one day at a time man.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
two minor victories today were, i was offered bday cake and i resisted and played a little xbox at a buddies house and he was trying to get me to drink. I resisted both, it was hard but its now or never

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
woke up a 745, had to be at school oreintation for my son so I downed some syntha6 and hit the road. sat there for 3 hours and came home to sum nice tuna on whole grain and now im going to go power walk on the bike trail. Jam to my favorite tunes.

Hope your all having a good day! Keep up the faith and take it one day at a time

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
resist cake AND beer? You must be taking this seriously!

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
I hate beer, its whisky and captain i must resist. Cake that wasnt too hard. Im not much on cake and ice cream

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
Just played ball with my boys, hanging out with ur kids is priceless

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
sorry to hear that killer, I can loan you mine if you want! On a serious note, kids are the bomb! I have five and they are to die for.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
today i hit cardio hard thanks to some T911 i took right before working out and I cant believe the run i had. the beast came out