Getting Primed for the stage CEO Style with some other nice goodies

Page 11 of 33 First ... 910111213 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by oufinny View Post
    Drugs or not the bodies metabolism is what he is playing with and you have plenty of natural help (just cause your on OEP instead of Tren doesn't mean it won't work). I noticed within the first half day when i started to carb up my body went into overdrive and thermogenesis was through the roof. Trying it once should not have a negative impact on your end goal. Do it far enough out so you have time to perfect it. Plus, you have AP/Glycobol/P-Slin at your disposal where as he doesn't mention anything like that in the article.
    That is true and If I try it this weekend I will have some time to perfect it. I am just trying to look at all the angles. Eating junkfood is so against my nature is scares me a bit. It also sound like a lot of fun...
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

2. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    That is true and If I try it this weekend I will have some time to perfect it. I am just trying to look at all the angles. Eating junkfood is so against my nature is scares me a bit. It also sound like a lot of fun...
    Even if you don't get the result you want you gave yourself a few days of sanity then back to the grindstone.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by oufinny View Post
    Even if you don't get the result you want you gave yourself a few days of sanity then back to the grindstone.
    Yah sanity days are few and far between, I have such a good handle on things though. I want to give it a shot and have something already planned based on that article.

4. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Yah sanity days are few and far between, I have such a good handle on things though. I want to give it a shot and have something already planned based on that article.
    May I suggest some cinnamon life cereal, tasty and has cinnamon in it for natural glucose modulation .

5. Quote Originally Posted by oufinny View Post
    May I suggest some cinnamon life cereal, tasty and has cinnamon in it for natural glucose modulation .
    That sounds good ...

Yah I am thinking making wiser choices like that, like don't go all Captain Crunch on it but something more in between....
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    That sounds good ...

Yah I am thinking making wiser choices like that, like don't go all Captain Crunch on it but something more in between....
    He said the more processed the better though that goes against every instinct we have... basically rips up the rule book at page 1!

7. Quote Originally Posted by oufinny View Post
    He said the more processed the better though that goes against every instinct we have... basically rips up the rule book at page 1!
    He's talking about a higher insulin spike I guess..

8. mmmmmmmm.... CPT Crunch!!!
    Working on living

9. Ok so by my research people are consuming about 2000 grams of carbs in one 24 hour period...

Something like this...

Monday night about 9pm:
    4 4” Pancakes ½ cup real real maple syrup
    protein powder mixed with water (Reese's Peanut Butter Puffs cereal 4 cups , 1 cup Oatmeal crisp triple berry) 1 large cinnamon and raisin bagel with jam 1 tbsp and light cream cheese

Tuesday:
    8:00am
    protein powder mixed with water (Reese's Peanut Butter Puffs cereal 4 cups , 1 cup Oatmeal crisp triple berry) 1 large cinnamon and raisin bagel with 1 tbsp jam and light cream cheese

11am
    4 cups spaghetti with spaghetti sauce
    protein powder mixed with water (Reese's Peanut Butter Puffs cereal 4 cups , 1 cup Oatmeal crisp triple berry)

2:00pm 2 large cinnamon and raisin bagels with light cream cheese and 2 tbsp Jam
    protein powder mixed with water (Reese's Peanut Butter Puffs cereal 4 cups , 1 cup Oatmeal crisp triple berry)

5pm 4 cups spaghetti with spaghetti sauce 4cups low fat ice cream…

10. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Ok so by my research people are consuming about 2000 grams of carbs in one 24 hour period...

Something like this...

Monday night about 9pm:
    protein powder mixed with water (Reese's Peanut Butter Puffs cereal 4 cups , 1 cup Oatmeal crisp triple berry) 1 large cinnamon and raisin bagel with jam 1 tbsp and light cream cheese

Tuesday:
    8:00am
    protein powder mixed with water (Reese's Peanut Butter Puffs cereal 4 cups , 1 cup Oatmeal crisp triple berry) 1 large cinnamon and raisin bagel with 1 tbsp jam and light cream cheese

11am
    4 cups spaghetti with spaghetti sauce

2:00pm 2 large cinnamon and raisin bagels with light cream cheese and 2 tbsp Jam

5pm 4 cups spaghetti with spaghetti sauce 4cups low fat ice cream…

Wow is the 4 cups spaghetti measured cooked or dry? Man that looks great and makes me ill all at the same time!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

11. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Wow is the 4 cups spaghetti measured cooked or dry? Man that looks great and makes me ill all at the same time!
    Exactly how I'd describe my reaction... that is cooked, dry that would be to insane.

You see why they use crappier food now, it's the get enough carbs in. I want to play with it some to get it less sweet. I have to get to the grocery store and see what is available in low fat. Low fat pizza etc...

12. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Same thoughts here Kleen! Looks like heaven but really starts getting closer to hell after a couple of those meals are down. What is the total protein intake during that?
    Always open light. It’s not what you open with, it’s what you finish with. Louie Simmons

13. would love and hate to be you right now DW!!!
    Working on living

14. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Same thoughts here Kleen! Looks like heaven but really starts getting closer to hell after a couple of those meals are down. What is the total protein intake during that?
    Will try and keep it low as protein will lower the glycemic index of a meal so I have to think that through as well. Protein will just make me have to eat more... can't have that...

15. Quote Originally Posted by Army Guy View Post
    would love and hate to be you right now DW!!!
    Yah it's really a fine line between bliss and torture...

16. Oh good news!! My PM is in, will start on Friday right on schedule and it will take me right up to contest day.

17. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post

From the article that I posted it does not sound like much more than 100 grams in 24 hours. With that many calories you really don't need much protein I would imagine; plus that is not the goal for the skiploading. You go back to your normal diet the next day as if nothing changed and over a few days you dry out and supposed come out dry and hard as a rock.

18. Quote Originally Posted by oufinny View Post
    From the article that I posted it does not sound like much more than 100 grams in 24 hours. With that many calories you really don't need much protein I would imagine; plus that is not the goal for the skiploading. You go back to your normal diet the next day as if nothing changed and over a few days you dry out and supposed come out dry and hard as a rock.
    Well you want to drink plenty of water on the following days to get the flushing effect, however by that point in prep if you are not approaching 1.5 gallons you just aren't drinking enough water anyway. The protein is not really of any consequence, you will not be working out other than posing so not really destroying anything so no need to rebuild anything protein requirement drops drastically.

I am going to try this with protein powder as well but honestly I think all protein on that day will come from.... You guessed it BCAA's and why you ask? Because BCAA's produce an insuline reaction all on their own. No digestion really needed so not slowing anything down. Just pure BCAA's to the tune of about 75-100 grams throughout the day and what ever incidentals come up in the other foods.

One difference you will probably note during the practice weeks and peak week, you will be lifting weights during this carb up, and after as well. That may slightly speed up the recovery process after the carb up, and or may slow down the process of the load do to minor depletion from the workout. Unless of course that Tuesday is an off day for you.
    Current Training Log -

19. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Well you want to drink plenty of water on the following days to get the flushing effect, however by that point in prep if you are not approaching 1.5 gallons you just aren't drinking enough water anyway. The protein is not really of any consequence, you will not be working out other than posing so not really destroying anything so no need to rebuild anything protein requirement drops drastically.

I am going to try this with protein powder as well but honestly I think all protein on that day will come from.... You guessed it BCAA's and why you ask? Because BCAA's produce an insuline reaction all on their own. No digestion really needed so not slowing anything down. Just pure BCAA's to the tune of about 75-100 grams throughout the day and what ever incidentals come up in the other foods.

One difference you will probably note during the practice weeks and peak week, you will be lifting weights during this carb up, and after as well. That may slightly speed up the recovery process after the carb up, and or may slow down the process of the load do to minor depletion from the workout. Unless of course that Tuesday is an off day for you.
    I am actually doing this over the weekend and it ends on Saturday night (practice runs) and I workout Sunday morning. With calories this high the last thing I am worried about is catabolism though...

20. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    I am actually doing this over the weekend and it ends on Saturday night (practice runs) and I workout Sunday morning. With calories this high the last thing I am worried about is catabolism though...
    Oh I didn't mean catabolism, I meant regarding timing. Like if you did this Saturday and Saturday during the carb up was a workout, that it could slow down how quickly your muscle reaches saturation, as opposed to not having a workout burning of the glycogen you are trying to stuff yourself full of. Also that if working out afterwards like you will on Sunday you will burn more of that glycogen back down faster than you actually would on peak week because you will not be lifting that week. Those are minor details but may matter when it comes down to timing.
    Current Training Log -

21. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Oh I didn't mean catabolism, I meant regarding timing. Like if you did this Saturday and Saturday during the carb up was a workout, that it could slow down how quickly your muscle reaches saturation, as opposed to not having a workout burning of the glycogen you are trying to stuff yourself full of. Also that if working out afterwards like you will on Sunday you will burn more of that glycogen back down faster than you actually would on peak week because you will not be lifting that week. Those are minor details but may matter when it comes down to timing.
    Ok, yah I guess that should be taken into consideration concerning timing. So you might actually peak before 3 days but that's ok in that situation... I think you should be able to hold a peak for about 24 hours if you do it like this. I wonder how much we should adjust time wise based on the workouts. I am thinking only a few hours... so if you peak 3 hours early in practice then your probably right on the money... then you can gauge how long you hold it and adust accordingly.
  22. Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

23. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Ok, yah I guess that should be taken into consideration concerning timing. So you might actually peak before 3 days but that's ok in that situation... I think you should be able to hold a peak for about 24 hours if you do it like this. I wonder how much we should adjust time wise based on the workouts. I am thinking only a few hours... so if you peak 3 hours early in practice then your probably right on the money... then you can gauge how long you hold it and adust accordingly.
    Honestly from my experience last year during prep, there really wont be much to holding the peak. As long as the water comes off and you lean and dry you should stay full just by eating maintenance carbs. You wont be burning off any glycogen other than what you use up during posing so you could not go flat again. Honestly this way seems to take out so many of the uncontrollable variables out of the equation. Since you are no longer trying to increase the glycogen stores in your muscle there really is no chance of you spilling over. If you did start to spill over again for some reason, more carbs and no water would fix that in an emergency situation but I just don't even see how that could happen.
    Current Training Log -

24. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Honestly from my experience last year during prep, there really wont be much to holding the peak. As long as the water comes off and you lean and dry you should stay full just by eating maintenance carbs. You wont be burning off any glycogen other than what you use up during posing so you could not go flat again. Honestly this way seems to take out so many of the uncontrollable variables out of the equation. Since you are no longer trying to increase the glycogen stores in your muscle there really is no chance of you spilling over. If you did start to spill over again for some reason, more carbs and no water would fix that in an emergency situation but I just don't even see how that could happen.
    That's what I am thinkng as well, seems to be quite a margin for error or peaking early. I just threw the 24 hours out there as a safe guess. If I get in good peak condition the night before I will be satisfied with that even it it's earlier in the evening. He says if you still look flat to eat fast food... lol I would love to walk back stage with a big mac in each hand looking ripped!! lol

25. Update from the last couple days... cardio in am and pm 30 minutes. I slowed it down this morning for a change didn't really seem any easier. I pushed my workouts back 1 day due to scheduling. Tonight I lift then late Friday morning, which is my first day on Pink Magic.

Oh and since my pics were taken 5 days ago it appears that have dropped quite a bit of body fat... the changes are coming quick now. I may be able to reduce cardio for the coming week, nothing too drastic just ease off till I find the sweet spot as I am losing pretty quickly. I am experiencing accelerated weight loss from OEP and this will happen when you cycle macros, weight loss may actually accelerate.

26. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Update from the last couple days... cardio in am and pm 30 minutes. I slowed it down this morning for a change didn't really seem any easier. I pushed my workouts back 1 day due to scheduling. Tonight I lift then late Friday morning, which is my first day on Pink Magic.

Oh and since my pics were taken 5 days ago it appears that have dropped quite a bit of body fat... the changes are coming quick now. I may be able to reduce cardio for the coming week, nothing too drastic just ease off till I find the sweet spot as I am losing pretty quickly. I am experiencing accelerated weight loss from OEP and this will happen when you cycle macros, weight loss may actually accelerate.
    Sounds good bro.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition

27. are you going to throw a vid up??? Would love to see the on stage routine!!!
    Working on living

28. Quote Originally Posted by Army Guy View Post
    are you going to throw a vid up??? Would love to see the on stage routine!!!
    Yah maybe if I can get someone to film it..

29. We want vids LOL!!!
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition

30. Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    We want vids LOL!!!
    Ok I'm on it, I'm on it lol
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 279
    Last Post: 02-09-2010, 10:04 PM
  2. Jjohn's way to the stage!
    By jjohn in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation