Testing TestoPRO like a Pro (sponsored)

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
NEW Anabolic Innovations product: TestoPRO

special thanks to everyone at Anabolic Innovations for putting me down with a full bottle of TestoPRO and the small bottles of Stoked! and Glycobol!!!

Check out http://anabolicminds.com/forum/anabolic-innovations/135378-testopro-faq.html

About Me: I am a 22 year old that lives in Houston, Texas. I first started lifting in high school for the basketball team, but I hated it! When I turned 20 I was still stick thin and I finally decided that I was going to do something about it. Then I started doing research about lifting and eating and stuff and in two years I have put on around 50 pounds. Right now I am sitting at 205 pounds. I cut 10 pounds since June, but I have kept my strenght up. In July I had some back pains and I stopped going heavy on squats and the deadlift, but I am almost back up to were I used to be on both.

My goals for this 30 day run of TestoPRO are:
Get my weight up to at least 210 lbs, bench 225 lbs, and squat 300 lbs.
All of which should be attainable in the next 30 days.

The closest supplement that I have used to TestoPRO is activate xtreme. I enjoyed this supplement very much and my gains while using were fairly good. This was longer than a year ago though and I look foward to

Training Split: Right now I am focused on gaining size and strength (duh) and I am going to try a split that I have never used before.

Day 1 will be Chest/Triceps/Hams
Day 2 will be Back/Biceps/Core
Day 3 will be Quads/Shoulders/Calfs
The rep ranges and everything will change throughout.

I may do cardio on some days as well, but my current job requires me to run around a lot for 3 to 5 hours a day. Most of the time if I am doing a cardio day though I will also include a series of complexes, similar to the Cosgrove Complex. Also I may throw in rest days whenever I feel the need.

Diet: I'm basically eating as much and as often as I can. My diet is very clean and there will be no junk food and as little processed food as possible. At work I can almost eat as much as I want and it is very clean food. I want to put on a few pounds while utilizing TestoPRO so it can reach its full potential.

The other supplementation that I will be doing along with TestoPRO will just include the basics. A few different protein powders, various carb powders (dextrose, waxy maize, malto), creatine mono, fish oil, a multi, and other various vitamins and minerals that I inlcude.

If anyone has any questions or suggestions feel free to ask or let me know. As of now I am not at my home base and I will not be back until Friday evening. Luckily the package of TestoPRO came in just before I left lastnight!! I am going to try to get a session in today, but I am going to hold off for the pics until I get back home.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
looks good man! Tear it up!

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
I'll be following this for sure... AI sure takes good care of their testers from what I've seen...

I like that training split, I did that earlier during a cycle and loved it! Now let it rip big J! :thumbsup:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subscribed. :bandit:

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I will follow as best as I can, for I have been activated. Things are crazy right now; getting all my ducks in a row, and the stacks and stacks of paper work is ridiculous.

jim623

I will follow as best as I can, for I have been activated. Things are crazy right now; getting all my ducks in a row, and the stacks and stacks of paper work is ridiculous.
Watch your ass bro, be safe.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Watching the progress!

Be safe Iron..

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yo Yo Yo I'm subb'd for TestoPro! Cant wait to see what happens. Just got my bottle in starting it next week. How am I gonna make myself wait.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Workout #1

Intial Notes
Popped open the fresh bottle of TestoPRO this morning and swallowed down my fist two caps!! I like bottle design, it's sharp just like the other AI bottles. I was hyped to lift today, but since I'm away from home I did not have access to all of my usual equipment (just do not have that much weight up here) but I made do.

I did not having anything pre-workout*

The Lifting:

Bent Rows - 105 x 10, 115 x 10, 135 x 16

Alternating DB Curls - 40 x 6,5,5

Bent DB Rows - 55 x 10,10 75 x 15

Reverse BB Curls - 65x 8,8,11

Deadlifts - 135 x 32,26,19

Pull Up/Chin Up BW - 10/8, 7/6, 5/3

No core work today

This may seem like a light and weak workout for some (most) of you guys but I was shot after it. Nearly all sets were down with minimal rest. All reps were down in a slow controlled manner with a tight squeeze of the working muscles at the top of each rep (especially the DB Rows). I took the third sets of the two rowing movements and the reverse curls to failure. On the deadlift I was aiming for 50 reps in one set, but my grip failed me so I knoced out two more sets until my forearms coul not handle anymore. Once I got around to the pull ups my arms and back were toast. I was suprised that I completed 10 reps of pull ups on my first set.

Today's Diet:

This morning I had a protein shake, two peices of toast with peanut butter, and a banana. A few hours later I ate an egg sandwhich. (all bread and tortillas are For Good Life brand) For lunch I ate two chicken sandwhiches and steamed carrots. Post workout I had a large protein shake w/ some dextrose along with two nectarines. Then I ate a large bowl of lentil soup with chicken. Next I think for dinner is some kind of taco soup and then I'll probably get some eggs after that. Before bed I'll get another protein shake and swallow the 2nd dose of TestoPRO.

Notes:

I think I had a nice placebo feeling today, although the weight was relatively light I still managed to hit reps that I was not sure I could. Tomorrow is going to be the same kind of workout. Lighter than usual weight, but I'll add more reps. I am looking forward to when the TestoPRO kicks in. I'll be sure to check my skin to measure if there is an increase of pimples or just oily skin flares up. I remember that I did experience that while on activate.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Way to jump in the game JD!! Let's see if AI has another winner here.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
You know im in jd, do it to it young buck!!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whats the werd?...and don't say the bird

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Session #2

Alright I took my second dose of TestoPRO last night and I was tossing and turning all night. I do not know if this had anything to do w/ TestoPRO or if it is becuase I am not sleeping in my normal bed. I still woke up early and ate a large plate of eggs w/ two peices of bread covered in peanut butter then popped 2 more TestoPROs. A few hours later I had a shake w/ about 50 grams of whey and a handfull of strawberries. For lunch I had a small salad w/ two chicken breast sandwhiches. Then I waited an hour to start my session.

The Lifting:

Split Squats - 135 x 5,5,5

DB Shoulder Press w/ Push Press (palms facing each other) - 55 x 8/7, 6/6, 5/5, 4/4

BB Hack Squats - 135 x 15,15,15 superset w/
BB behind my back Shrugs - 135 x 15,15,15

Side Laterals - 30 x 8,8,7 superset w/
One Leg DB Calf Raises - 30 x 20,20,20

Front Squat - 135 x 22

Finishes up w/ Resistance Band Front Laterals w/ Upright Rows and BW Sissy Squats

Notes:

I got a 30 gram whey shake in w/ 40 grams of dextrose postworkout. Then an hour later I ate two chicken breasts w/ a cup of whole wheat noddles and a small salad.

Today's workout was pretty brutal for not going so heavy. The 135 split squats are the heaviest I have gone on them and they were difficult, not so much because of the weight but because of the mobility required to squat it. Everything else went fine, except I was shooting for 25 to 30 reps at 135 on the front squats.

I have no idea what I get to eat tonight for dinner, but I'm going to go fix a large snack of whatever I can get my hands on right now. After that I plan on taking a nap. Tomorrow I got to drive back to Houston and be at work at 11:30. I hope I can find some time tomorrow to lift...

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
training looks good, log looks good too... I would recommend bumping the protein intake post workout to 40-60 grams, thats when your body needs a good boost!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's a good baseline here so we can see where the numbers go when TPro kicks in. Keep hammering JD!! At least you will be in your own bed tomorrow night..Eat big buuba.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Split squats sounds nutz. Never even thought of it before

jim623

Nice wo bro, but I must say, I laugh when reading your post every time I look at your avi. It's hard to think it's serious with that womans expression.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
it sure looks a lot like lunges if you alternate... did you do them like this?

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Nice wo bro, but I must say, I laugh when reading your post every time I look at your avi. It's hard to think it's serious with that womans expression.
lol - it's Hope Solo - the finest US Womens Soccer goalie

it sure looks a lot like lunges if you alternate... did you do them like this?

the way that I do them I think they are called "Bulgarian Split Squats" where you put stand in front of a bench and place one leg laces down on the bench behind you and squat down with the front leg just until the back legs knee almost touches or touches the ground. I know some people like to do these holding DB's in there hands instead. Sometimes I'll go that route too...

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
alright I just went down to eat and all I saw a jar of home made blackberry jam. I saw it and I knew that I had to eat some. So I grabbed the last three peices of a loaf of ezekiel bread and smothered two of them w/ it and put peanut butter on the third. It was fricken good and it went great w/ a vanilla whey shake.... delicious

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Cool!! Along for the ride man!! Already stoked to give this a whirl. it's jsut torture to read about everyone loggin' it!! Good luck and can't wait to see the results!!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
alright I just went down to eat and all I saw a jar of home made blackberry jam. I saw it and I knew that I had to eat some. So I grabbed the last three peices of a loaf of ezekiel bread and smothered two of them w/ it and put peanut butter on the third. It was fricken good and it went great w/ a vanilla whey shake.... delicious

I usually down that pre w/o sans the peanut butter!!

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice job so far JD....bro, the hell with the numbers compared to other people, do your thing! how much protein are you taking in a day? maybe i missed it but whats the dosing looking like, 4ed? keep it up bro:)

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Nice job so far JD....bro, the hell with the numbers compared to other people, do your thing! how much protein are you taking in a day? maybe i missed it but whats the dosing looking like, 4ed? keep it up bro:)
I do not know the exact amount of protein that I am getting per day, but I know for sure that it is over 300 grams for sure. Around 150 grams from protein powders, give or take 10 or 20. Plenty from real food. All meals include a nice size peice of meat; mostly from fish, beef, and chicken. I'm going to try to stuff as much protein as I can while using TestoPRO for sure.:biggthumpup:
oh yeah and lots of eggs

Yep, 4 caps everyday- 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sweet man!, over 300grm is plenty:) let me know if you start to break out, seems when Im on a great test booster i break out easy , more so the back, but that tells me its working:) hahahaha

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
oh yeah for sure- the same thing happens to me too.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
I barely use shakes at all, maybe 2 a day, and only like 1 scoop at 24 grams per. Your diet looks good buddy, keep up the good work!!

UNCnate

UNCnate

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I barely use shakes at all, maybe 2 a day, and only like 1 scoop at 24 grams per. Your diet looks good buddy, keep up the good work!!
I rarely use shakes. Im lucky enough to where I can get most of my nutrition through whole foods.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed... Oh yeah. Have you heard... Birds' the word!!!!!

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Session #3

What happened today:
This morning was the first time that I noticed the fenugreek taste from the TestoPRO caps. It is kind of like a syrup flavor. Doesn't bother me one bit though. Breakfast was 6 eggs, three peices of toast (2 w/ peanut butter and one w/ blueberry jam). Had to drive a few hours to Houston and get to work around lunch time. As soon as I got there I ate a big plate of brown rice, veggies, a few peices of salmon, and some potatoes. About two hours later I went back to get another plate of the same thing, but this time I also threw down some meat loaf, which was not that good.

After that meal I had to do some work for like an hour and a half. As soon as I was done I hit up the food room again. This time they had rice, mashed potatoes, veggies, and some fricken chicken fried steaks. Now I'm not a big fan of chicken fried steaks, but I got two large ones and they were really good. By the time I got home it was getting late, and I was not sure if I should lift. I said "what the hack" and I got ready...

The Session:

Flat Bench - 135 x 10, 185 x 7,8,6 205 x 2,2

Stiff Leg Deads - 135 x 10, 205 x 5,5,5 215 x 3

Dips - BW x 10, +35 x 7,5,3 BW x 6

Circut (no rest)-
Push Ups - x 25,18,15
Leg Curls - 60 x 7,7,7
EZ Overhead Extension 65 x 12,10,8

After the workout I had 40 grams of whey, 30 grams dextrose, and some strawberries. For my meal I had 6 eggs, a banana, and 1 cup of oatmeal. I know it sounds like breakfast, but it was just what I was in the mood for.

I'm about to get my second and final dose of TestoPRO in a minute. Nothing to report so far. I promise I will get some pics up tomorrow. I just got to work in the morning, and I will probably get a core session in w/ some complexes.

I really appreciate everyone following along in my log!!!! It really helps motivate me for sure!

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Great updates man!!! Lookin' forward to runnin' this myself!!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Way to get your grub on JD! I want to work there if they feed me like that.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Helluva food day for you!! Where do you work that you a "food room"? Sounds awesome!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You certainly packed in quite a bunch of food in style. :food: :thumbsup:

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Certainly a different combination, but nutrious none the less!!:biggthumpup:

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Right now I'm working at a country club, and they let the employees eat for free. I think the restraunt at the club is a four star spot and they feed the employees some of the unused food and stuff. But sometimes they also make stuff just for employees. There have been rumors going around that every few months they will put fillet mignon in there. So far the best thing that I have had though was the chicken cordon bleu, it was amazing...

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Right now I'm working at a country club, and they let the employees eat for free. I think the restraunt at the club is a four star spot and they feed the employees some of the unused food and stuff. But sometimes they also make stuff just for employees......
Awesome opportunity for a bulk! :bandit:

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was a cook at country club, and boy, when we hosted weddings for 300+ we ate like Kings...

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shoulder/arms/back seem to be king here.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
my legs are twigs, literally...
but they are a lot bigger than even a few months ago