1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Bludevil's Renew His Physique w/BBS - sponsored

1st, I would like to thank Better Body Sports and OvercOm3 for selecting me for the “Renew Your Physique” contest.

For those unfamiliar with the supplements, “Phoenix and C-Bolic”, here’s the breakdown:

We would like to introduce to you Phoenix – A Scientific breakthrough in fat loss, energy, and mood enhacement! Phoenix contains a synergistic blend of herbs and amino acids targeting the many issues that surround fat loss today while combating the action/reaction factors that are associated with ingredients found in other diet pills.
    • No Crash
    • Jitter free energy
    • Relieves hypertension
    Phoenix contains a series of Phenylethylalamine (PEA) derivitives which have shown to be a very important asset in weight loss supplementation by improving metabolism, reducing stress, suppressing appetitie, and increasing energy. Better Body Sports has formulated several analogs of Phenylethylalamine that allow for maximum absorption and slow release effects. On top of this we have included several Natural monamine oxidase inhibitors (MIAO) such as siberian and red korean ginseng so that metabolism of PEA Is prevented allowing it to be utilized by the body for fat loss before being broken down and passed through the body.
    We all know that Ephedra was a very powerful catalyst of fat loss and produced somewhat dramatic results. Because of this we have added 2 compounds that contain many similiarities to ephedra in fat loss benefits. Acacia Rigidula Extract contains Acacia Alkaloids that readily pass into the brain in a similar fashion to ma haung. Methyl synephrine is an alkaloid that has a structure similar to ephedrine and can affect the alpha-adrenergenic receptors and beta-adrenergic receptors in a familiar way. These two compounds further the metabolism effects and appetite suppression of Phoenix.

Not only is Phoenix a very complete fat loss product but we have also kept the consumers health in mind further attacking the Action/reaction factors. Fat loss can have a negative impact on the body by increasing free radicals and lowering the immune system. This is bad news because it can result in a loss of muscle tissue which means fewer calories burned through the day! By adding ingredients like ginka biloba, bee pollen, and cats claw we are not leaving anything to chance and giving you necessary compounds to improve your immune system and boost anti-oxidant levels. Even better these compounds also increase metabolism as well! As you can see Phoenix is one of the most complete fat loss formulas too date!

Pharmaceutical Grade Anti-Catabolic Agent
    We all know the dreads that come with dieting.. loss of strength, low mood, low energy, but the worst of them all… loss of muscle. We work so hard in the gym day after day, workout after workout only to start losing that hard gained muscle at the time we are looking to get ripped. It makes no sense.. why gain the muscle, only to lose it when your trying to get shredded?
    Bettery Body Sports has presented the industry with the answer to gaining muscle, while losing fat: C-Bolic. C-Bolic is a patented form of the widely popularized Forskolin. But this isn’t some cheap Indian extract from some foreign supplier.. this is PURE 95% pharmaceutical grade patented ForsLean®. ForsLean®, or the better known Forskolin is a natural compound produced in India which has been shown in several studies to not only reduce fat, but to optimize hormone levels as well as signaling to keep the body in a prime muscle building state.
    How does this work you ask?
    Answer is simple – cAMP. Forskolin in the body activates a hormone in the body known as adenlyate cyclase. When this is activated, it goes into its respected cell and increases levels of cAMP (cycle adenosine monophosphate). cAMP was the beauty behind the brains of Ephedrine. Ephedrine (R.I.P.) was well known for its ability to not only burn pound after pound of fat, but to also doing it while sparing muscle. Forskolin works similar to Ephedrine in that it increases levels of cAMP. cAMP in the fat cell triggers a process known as lipolysis, which is the breaking down of fat for use of energy while actually sparing muscle! What does this mean for all you dieters out there? LOSE FAT NOT MUSCLE!
    But wait.. it gets better. In a clinical study performed on Forskolin, the users who used 25mg active Forslean® two times a day (total of 50mg) not only lost 9.9 pounds of body fat and gained 8.2 pounds of lean muscle mass.. but their Testosterone levels actually shot up! So now.. we are losing fat, gaining muscle, and increasing levels of testosterone, all at the same time!
    If you are dieting, whether it is to just lose the holiday pounds, getting ready for beach season, or are prepping for your next contest, there is no reason why Better Body Sports C-Bolic should not be part of your arsenal!

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.35%

Now, down to the detail!!!

At the beginning of summer, I was at 10%bf while weighing 186lbs. Currently, after an extended beach vacation and many summer cook-outs, my weight has shot up to 196lbs . It’s my goal to use the supplements provided by Better Body Sports, Phoenix and C-Bolic to get back to my pre-summer bf% and weight.

So, where am I at currently?
    Age - 36
    Height - 6'0
    Weight - 196
    BF% - 13.1 (taken today with Tanita scale)

My diet will consist of:
    Morning Shake
    10oz water
    1/2 cup of Oats
    1 scoop of Chocolate Protein Pwder
    2 tsp of natty peanut butter
    Cinammon to taste

Pre w/o
    8oz of lean meat (chicken, fish or red meat)
    veggies
    1/2 apple
    2 fish oil capsules

Post w/o
    veggies
    1/2 cup of fiber one cereal (optional)
    1/2 apple

Dinner
    veggies
    small piece of fruit (like handful of grapes, strawberries, etc...)
    2 fish oil capsules

Night
    ½ cup of no fat cottage cheese
    3 tsp of natty PB.
    Cinnamon to taste

Supplements
    Fish Oil
    Multi
    Whey protein

Training
    I’ve decided to stir things up a little bit and try a new routine. It’s basically a full body workout where I do supersets with 60 seconds rest after the exercise.

The exercises will change from week to week, but here’s an example of week 1

Monday
    Front Squat 4 sets of 5-7 reps
    BB Row 4 sets of 5-7 reps

Bench Press 4 sets of 5-7 reps
    Good Morning 4 sets of 5-7 reps

Chin Ups 4 sets of 5-7 reps
    DB Push Press 4 sets of 5-7 reps

Tuesday
    DB Step Ups 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Hammer curl to press overhead 3 sets of 10-12 reps

Single arm db row (standing) 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    incline db bench press 3 sets of 10-12 reps

pullover to tri ext 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    romanian deadlift 3 sets of 10-12 reps

Wednesday
    45 minutes of cardio and ab-work

Thursday
    Front Squat 4 sets of 5-7 reps
    BB Row 4 sets of 5-7 reps

Bench Press 4 sets of 5-7 reps
    Good Morning 4 sets of 5-7 reps

Chin Ups 4 sets of 5-7 reps
    DB Push Press 4 sets of 5-7 reps

Friday
    Cardio - 1.5 hours of basketball

I may do 15 to 20 minutes of low to moderate cardio after training routine if time permits and if I feel like it. I’m not going to make it mandatory now to do cardio daily right now, but may change my mind during the run.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.35%

I haven't received my shipment from BBS yet, but I do plan on adjusting my diet today.

Note - While performing squats today, I felt a very sharp pain in the lower right-hand side of my back, just above my tailbone. It felt like someone stuck a hot knife into my back. I'm hoping I just strained a muscle. I quickly called it a day for weights and started streching. I hit the treadmill for 30 minutes and stretched some more. It's been about an hour later now, and while I do feel the pain, it's manageable. I'm hoping over the long weekend, I'll be ready to hit gym hard come next Tuesday.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.03%

Will be watchin' dev! Keep an eye on that back, hopefully it was just a freak thing that will pass quickly.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

sub'd - hope the back gets bette blue!
  6. Better Body Sports Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.18%

off to an awesome start!
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.35%

Quote Originally Posted by 0verc0m3 View Post
    off to an awesome start!
    Thanks, hopefully I'll have before pics and measurements posted shortly
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.35%

Did a shoulder/ab routine today. The back felt a little better so I went ahead and grabbed the big weights (big weights for me anyway), against my better judgement.

Routine:
    DB shoulder press 3x5 @ 60lbs superset with 3 sets of 25 situps.
    Cable Upright rows 3x10 @ 35lbs superset with 3 sets of 25 side crunches
    Machine Lateral Raise 3x12 @ 120lbs superset with 3 sets of 25 cable crunches

At the end of the routine my back started hurting again. Surprisingly, I still didn't have enough common sense to stop, so I hit the treadmill for 20 minutes at 6.0 speed. After that, my lower back was hurting pretty good. Got back to my desk (I workout during my lunch break) and popped some ibuprofen. It feels a little better now but it's tight and hurts when I bend over.
    I'm supposed to play bball tomorrow, so we'll see how hard-headed I am and see if I actually play or use my better judgement and take tomorrow off.

Either way, I've decided Sat, Sun and Mon are off days for training. Going to try and get this back healed up for my run. My wife has talked me into going to see the Dr. for x-rays if it doesn't feel better next week. I guess we'll wait and see.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.35%

Here are the before pics. Their kind of grainy because I had to shoot them against the bathroom mirror

10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

looking good blue!
    I think something similar happened to the left side of my back a while ago. Heating and icing it really helped out, but at random times it would give me hell. Even bending down to tie my left shoe would cause me to shout out random expletives.
  11. Better Body Sports Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.18%

Quote Originally Posted by jdg487 View Post
    looking good blue!
    I think something similar happened to the left side of my back a while ago. Heating and icing it really helped out, but at random times it would give me hell. Even bending down to tie my left shoe would cause me to shout out random expletives.
    Yeah I'm a huge fan of ice and rest.
    Without it, my shoulder would be torn to shreds right now
  12. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.72%

Nice start ! you look pretty lean already so we should see some good results here ! Wooooooooot
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.35%

Against my better judgement, I popped some ibuprofen and played. I felt like I had to though, as they only had 9 guys and I made the 10th. What I've found out is I can run and jump just fine as long as my back is straight, but as soon as I bend over I have a pain that shoots up my back and down my leg. I'm hoping a couple of days of rest will take care of it, but my teenager healing powers of yesterday are far behind me :-)
    Anyways, I managed to work up a good sweat playing ball. I ran for a solid hour straight. I didn't weigh myself but I'm guessing I ran off a few lbs of water.

All right, I'm off to get my AM Fantasy Football rankings setup just in case I miss the draft tomorrow night.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I might need to do that too...
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.35%

Quote Originally Posted by FitnFirm View Post
    Nice start ! you look pretty lean already so we should see some good results here ! Wooooooooot
    Thanks FitnFirm. I like to stay in the 8 - 12% range year round. I was pretty dissapointed when I saw 13% bf come up. I think this stack is just what I needed to get back into gear.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.35%

Quote Originally Posted by jdg487 View Post
    I might need to do that too...
    Good luck.

Disclaimer - I really don't wish you good luck in the league. I'm going to crush all competitors.
  17. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

hey man, subbed.

When are these products going to be available? Is NP going to stock them?

The thought of pure forskolin gives me a chubby . . .
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.35%

Quote Originally Posted by jakellpet View Post
    hey man, subbed.

When are these products going to be available? Is NP going to stock them?

The thought of pure forskolin gives me a chubby . . .
    I'm not sure which retailers carry BBS products. I know Nutraplanet doesn't currently carry them, but hopefully they will in the near future. I'm sure OverC0m3 or FitnFirm can answer the retailer question.
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.35%

OK, here's the deal. I couldn't take the pain in my back any longer so I went to the Dr. over the weekend. He said I had a misplaced joint. You have 2 joints that connect your spine to your tailbone, and I've dislocated the one on the left side. The inflammation in my back will not allow the joint to pop back in. So I have to take some steroids, muscle relaxers, pain med's for the next couple of weeks to get inflammation down. Hopefully after this, the joint will fall back in place. If not, he said surgery or physical therapy maybe needed.

So, the 1st question I asked my doc, was how long until I could start lifting again. He informed me that I couldn't do any exercises for 2 weeks. After 2 weeks I could do some light jogging on a treadmill. After 4 weeks, if I felt better, I could go back to some light lifting and just go from there.

So, with that said, I would like to apologize to BBS and Overc0m3 for this situation. I haven't received the products yet, but I am more than willing to pay for shipping and send it back so BBS can choose another member. Whatever you want me to do, it's your call. Again I'm sorry for this, as I was eagerly awaiting to run this stack.
  20. Better Body Sports Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.18%

Quote Originally Posted by bludevil View Post
    I'm not sure which retailers carry BBS products. I know Nutraplanet doesn't currently carry them, but hopefully they will in the near future. I'm sure OverC0m3 or FitnFirm can answer the retailer question.
    PM sent

and Blu....sorry to hear the bad news

I'll let you know what to do from here ASAP when I hear back.
    Hang in there bro, and get better!
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.35%

just for an fyi, the last 2 days I've done some very light cardio on the treadmill. I walked for 30 - 40 minutes with no incline at a 3.0 speed. Not really exercising, but it's better than nothing.
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.35%

Sadly due to the back, I'm going to have to end this log before it really officially started. I will be shipping the supps back to BBS and hopefully they will select another board member to run a log.

I want to thank BBS and OvercOm3 for selecting me in the beginning. Hopefully I'll be back in the game before to much longer.
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.03%

Hey you are doing the right thing. Glad you got it checked out before making it worse. Hopefully you have a speedy recovery and you are back in the game before you know it. G'luck!
  24. Better Body Sports Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.18%

Get well soon brother. Definitely give me an update on your back!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bludevil's LG SubSterone run (sponsored)
    By bludevil in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 12-22-2010, 08:29 PM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-02-2009, 03:28 PM
  3. Bludevil's Cre-O2 & Cordygen 5 endurance log (Sponsored)
    Replies: 161
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 10:57 PM
  4. Bludevil's Cut with Lipo-PM (Sponsored)
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 05-15-2008, 12:35 PM
  5. Bludevil's Swell Run (sponsored)
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 08:58 AM