Controlled Labs Purple InTrain Log

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I have a very unique training program lately. I will do my best to keep you guys updated and review the product objectively.

Supplements Used
Orange TRIad
Purple InTrain

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Workout 1

1 scoop Purple InTrain (PIT) consumed 20 mins pre workout
1 scoop Purple InTrain (PIT) sipped during workout

20 minutes stretching & warmups
40 minutes taijiquan / kung fu
40 minutes meditation & iron palm training
45 minutes weight training
10 minute cooldown

Weights
3x5 Deadlifts
3x5 Bench press
3x5 BB Rows
50 Dips / 50 Chins

Notes
Most of my workouts are based around martial arts, but I still do endurance and strength training at the end. The only product I am using is Purple InTrain. I also wanted to note that while this adds up to approx. a <2 hour workout, only about 40 minutes is spent actually lifting weights. Much of it is low impact technique training.

Purple InTrain First Impressions
* Mixes fine, no sediment or need to "reshake"
* One of the best tasting supplements I've tried so far. Think of a light rasberry flavor.
* Beta Alanine Tingle is present.
* Gives me a boost mentally and physically. It seems like the Vitamin B is playing a definite roll.
* Foam is not too bad, a little sediment left at the end, but nothing significant.

More to come.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am in on this RR, good luck

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Sweet, thanks AE.

I'll try to get some before and after pics.
It's pretty objective since all I'm using is InTrain and a multivitamin.
Post workout consists of a high protein meal with whole milk.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
nice to see you logging this, rr. ok, the obvious question-how does it compare to pw and are they compatible?

jonnyxbox22

Awards
subbed seems like an interesting product....does it give you any stomach discomfort?

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
sub'd, feeling the martial arts training!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
subbed seems like an interesting product....does it give you any stomach discomfort?
None. There are few products out there that do that to me.

nice to see you logging this, rr. ok, the obvious question-how does it compare to pw and are they compatible?
They are def. compatible I would say. 1 scoop of each sipped during workout. How does it compare...hmm too soon to tell. The BA tingle is the same, endurance is high up and pumps are there.

sub'd, feeling the martial arts training!
Thanks bro, its nice to add some flavor.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Workout 2

2 scoops Purple InTrain (PIT) consumed pre and during workout

10 minute cooldown

Weights
10x5 close grip bench press
100 Dips

Notes
Well I'm kind of playing catch up here. I've had the product for a few days but just started the log. Last night I went and bought some more cinderblocks to add to my iron palm stand. I tell ya, that was a workout right there. I then proceeded to do my routine. I added another 10 hits to my IP bag today. That makes the total of 40. With both hands, that means I hit the bag 320 times per day (4 different strikes each hand.) My bag is filled with soy beans. In 2 weeks my progression will be 50 times twice per day, making a total of 800 hits of the bag everyday for a year. At which point I change to steel/iron shot. This is added to medicine I use for my hands and also a breathing/meditation routine done prior. Here's a picture for fun.

Weights
Todays weight training was a focus on "push" ... mainly chest and triceps. I was completely gassed at the end of the workout which was my goal. Drank a muscle milk RTD post workout. They were on sale $4/4 at the local supermarket. I was very pumped after the workout, and the morning after (right now) I'm very sore in my chest and tricep area as well as front delts. I'm going in a few minutes to do a "pull" workout as well as my martial arts routine. Will be back in a little while. Maybe will add a pic or two of the physique.

Purple InTrain Notes
I had slight hunger preworkout. The InTrain helped this, as well as helped my endurance. I still think this is one of the best supplements out there. The taste is great, and there's WMS, Whey, Leucine and Beta Alanine... not to mention a hefty dose of Vitamin B-12 to get the energy levels high. Here's a few pics for fun.

"All white Nike's, I call em my boat shoes"

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Workout 3

1 scoop Purple InTrain (PIT) consumed pre and during workout

10 minute cooldown

Weights
5x8 Deadlifts
5x8 Inverted Rows
5x8 Wide grip Chins
3x8 BB curls
3x8 Lateral raises

Notes
Good workout today. I felt strong, got a good night's rest last night and had high spirits. The only drawback was a relatively sore lower back. This is due to my neighbor being a drunk the other night, and creating a neighborhood domestic disturbance. I calmly walked him to my backyard, and after calming him down we had a nice wrestling match. No police were involved, and I gassed him (as well as myself) while avoiding any serious problems.

So in this case I went light with my deadlifts, something I didn't want to do but did anyway to be safe.

Purple InTrain Notes
Still loving this. I had a serving this AM as well, simply because it tastes good and gets me energized without a stimmed out type of feeling.

Here are two pictures I took post workout, to give you an idea of my physique. At these pictures I am 5'8", probably around 145lbs. Again, my goals are not to become a bodybuilder. They were in the past, but I have since changed that. My goal is to become strong, look good and be agile/flexible.

I apologize for the bad pictures as it was a camera phone. But I made up for that with my hawaiin shorts.

Relaxed:

Again with the camera phone, hard to get any good shots.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
pit jug looks lot like pw. is pit the updated version? you got me wanting to try the pit, as much as i like pw this looks like a great combo. btw pics look lean and mean-you gonna add any weight on this log or just add strength to fighting weight?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
pit jug looks lot like pw. is pit the updated version? you got me wanting to try the pit, as much as i like pw this looks like a great combo. btw pics look lean and mean-you gonna add any weight on this log or just add strength to fighting weight?
Nope PIT is just a new product, they still have PW. It would be a nice combo!

Add strength, if size is added while keeping BF low, that'd be OK with me. I don't have to make any weight as I'm not an MMA fighter, more of a traditional martial artist.

And thank you for the comment on the pic bro. :bling:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Nope PIT is just a new product, they still have PW. It would be a nice combo!

Add strength, if size is added while keeping BF low, that'd be OK with me. I don't have to make any weight as I'm not an MMA fighter, more of a traditional martial artist.

And thank you for the comment on the pic bro. :bling:
enjoy the lean look as long as you can, it gets a whole lot harder as you get older. :sigh1:

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
enjoy the lean look as long as you can, it gets a whole lot harder as you get older. :sigh1:
So everyone tells me... :D Here I am a few years back trying really hard to gain weight... now I realize I should just take advantage of my natural leanness.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So everyone tells me... :D Here I am a few years back trying really hard to gain weight... now I realize I should just take advantage of my natural leanness.
one thing i will tell you, the bigger you get the harder it will be to maintain as you get older. you will fill out as you age, almost a given. i have gone from 260 to 210 and have more bf today than 10 years ago at the heavier weight-of course as you get older you tend not be motivated to train as hard, lots of factors involved including job/family-kids. even arnold had to 'cut', lol.:laugh2:

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Subscribed!
I think the set-up for your hands is bad-ass, man. Also, nice tats!

I'm not sure how much leaner you could possibly be, Jon. You are at the apex of leanness, my friend!

Oh, and respond to my PMs, d*ckhead!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
one thing i will tell you, the bigger you get the harder it will be to maintain as you get older. you will fill out as you age, almost a given. i have gone from 260 to 210 and have more bf today than 10 years ago at the heavier weight-of course as you get older you tend not be motivated to train as hard, lots of factors involved including job/family-kids. even arnold had to 'cut', lol.:laugh2:
True, very true! Even now my insatiable hunger is getting the best of me, chicken and pasta salad. Although my dad still is lean, I don't think he has the appetite I have grown to enjoy :D

Subscribed!
I think the set-up for your hands is bad-ass, man. Also, nice tats!

I'm not sure how much leaner you could possibly be, Jon. You are at the apex of leanness, my friend!

Oh, and respond to my PMs, d*ckhead!
Thank you so much Fin!!! Just realized my Gold membership ran out, and I was way over my quota for PMs. check your PMs bro, you know I always hit you back. :)

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Hey Jon- do you break the cinderblocks with your fist? If so, how does that feel?

Looking real good to btw!!

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
that setup is bad! i used to strike logs when i trained s.kenpo. Why so long before you switch to iron shot?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Hey Jon- do you break the cinderblocks with your fist? If so, how does that feel?

Looking real good to btw!!
I don't break the blocks yet... I will in about a year!
And thank you very much!

that setup is bad! i used to strike logs when i trained s.kenpo. Why so long before you switch to iron shot?
nice man! It's just the program my teacher has me on. Wolf's Law if you will: a gradual increase. Jumping into iron right now would be equivilent to a new lifter going in and trying to bench 300lbs. The beans are surprisingly hard though, and still leave occasional bruises.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established

thats pretty awesome man. How long have you been training? I did muai thai for 4 years, shaolin kenpo for 5. i also took a little taekwondo when I was a kid.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
thats pretty awesome man. How long have you been training? I did muai thai for 4 years, shaolin kenpo for 5. i also took a little taekwondo when I was a kid.
Nice!!! I like Muay thai. Very good art there.

i've been doing martial arts since I was about 14 or 15. I'm 25 now. I've studied parker Kenpo, Northern Shaolin, Hung gar, Jeet kune do. I've been into the internal arts (taijiquan and baguazhang) for about 2 years now, and just started my hand training approx. 2 months ago. I've always dug the chinese systems, there's alot of similar principles that you see with them. It's cool to cross train and say "oh, that's like in this system XYZ". I only practice the "internal" arts now. I can't remember half the stuff I've learned over the years, as far as details of forms and nuances... but it's all muscle memory now. It's almost like I can do it without thinking.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Since everyone seems interested in the iron palm, I thought I'd post a video of my teacher doing some breaking.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Just to update...
Took yesterday off to recover. Was pretty tired from my earlier workouts plus a busy weekend and a long class on Sunday.

Will be hitting the weights and bags again today, so look for an update.

Purple InTrain
I noticed I was not as sore as I usually am after consecutive push/pull workouts. Been drinking this once in the morning, 1-1.5 scoops along with normal protein intake. Like I said, nothing in my routine has changed except the addition of Purple InTrain.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
sweet, so recovery is better then. how is endurance, any difference?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
sweet, so recovery is better then. how is endurance, any difference?
I would say endurance has been increased as well. This would be a good supplement for someone cutting, as I see alot of people who workout on an empty stomach. This is the alternative for aminos and a small meal - a given amount of fast acting carbs, leucine, whey and performance enhancers such as BA with minimal cals. I would say my endurance has definitely increased, perhaps I will put that to the test this week!!!

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
that would be awesome, i am sort of carb cycling right now, on a recomp, i would be interested in this supps endurance effects.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Workout 4

1 scoops Purple InTrain (PIT) consumed during workout

40 minutes taijiquan / baguazhang
10 minute cooldown

Weights
3x12 Squats
10x5 close grip bench press
100 dips
1st set: 27

Notes
Here's how I'm going to measure endurance caused by Purple InTrain:
Max out my 1st set of dips on push day, then compare with no PIT halfway through this cycle, and then pick back up after a few workouts without.

I got 27 on my first set. Not bad after doing 10 sets of close grip bench. I tell ya they were a struggle though. Had a good session, and I have a steak cooking on the grill right now, with some cheese potatoes. Getting hungry just thinking about them.

One thing to note is that it was extremely humid out today (almost 90 degrees.) My weights are located in my basement, where it's nice and cool. However I had to go out to my garage for my powertower and well the humidity just makes me plain lazy.

Training kung fu again later. Have my BJJ/Wing chun friend coming over to spar and grapple with for fun. Will consume a muscle milk after that, just to be safe.

Pulling comes tomorrow

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
impressive dips RR, especially after the cgbp!!!

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
awesome job dude, i am interested in the endurance for sure.

Dracoy

Dracoy

Controlled Labs Representative
Awards
  • Established
Awesome log.
Did Tank every send you a tub of PI? I had you on my list, I hope I sent your name in.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
subb

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Alright Jon, I know you will appreciate this...
YouTube - Aesop Rock -The yes and the yall

Also, the bigger picture is that you can download the entire album for free on Amazon:
Amazon.com: Definitive Jux Free Amazon Sampler [Explicit]: Various Artists: MP3 Downloads

If the link does not work, type this: Definitive Jux Free Amazon Sampler [Explicit]
There's good Hip Hop on the entire sampler, with full song included.
Enjoy, my friend. :D
Gotta love that Aesop, man I haven't heard his stuff in soo long. Thanks Fin!!! I'll start posting videos with my workouts...

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Workout 5

1 scoops Purple InTrain (PIT) consumed during workout

40 minutes taijiquan / baguazhang
10 minute cooldown

Weights
4x5 Deadlifts
5x10 Chinups
5x10 Inverted rows
3x15 Lateral Raises

Notes
Last set of Deads I tweeked my lower back. Guess I jumped into the heavier weights too fast. I recognized the muscle strain early enough to stop, and move onto some chinups. Thus avoiding any serious injury.

So far this is one of my favorite products. I usually have an array of creatines, protein and stuff in my arsenal. It's nice to back off, use one solid product and see the type of gains it produces. I feel as if I'm getting bigger, but the scale says I'm only up 2lbs from when I started. :)
:18:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad you didn't hurt yourself on the Deads. I'm dealing with an injury right now and it's no fun. I've had it for over three months now. :(

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Glad you didn't hurt yourself on the Deads. I'm dealing with an injury right now and it's no fun. I've had it for over three months now. :(
Lower back? from deads?

3 months is a long time... damn bro!

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
I hurt my back on the hack...it took me over 9 months to get back to training legs. Your back is no joke. :(
True, I tweaked something in back two months ago and it hasn't felt right since....