Universals Lemon Lime BCAA's

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Hey everyone. I recently just won the BCAA promo Universal was running so I thought I would review the product. I just received it today in the mail. I have not used it yet but will update.

First Impressions

The packaging is the sweet Universal packaging and the product container is very very small haha. The nutrition label says it has 27 servings. The product is very powdery and contains a small scoop. It smells very similar to Lemonade Xtend. I also received a real gains sample which I will give a mini review for. Be on the look out for updates!

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
I know this is an odd question, but does it contain any natural citrus or anything like that (citric acid) to get the lemonade flavoring? Will probably say on the label.

Would love to scoop some of this up (haha) but cannot eat/drink a lot of citrus...

Keep us updated though. Any product from Universal is usually not a letdown.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Citric Acid is listed as the first ingredient under "Other ingredients:"

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:worried:

Thanks mate! :cheers:
Not a problem bro,

I think just about every citrus flavored BCAA powder will probably have it in there. There are other flavors you could get that I am sure wouldnt have it in it. You just a big fan of citrus?

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Not a problem bro,

I think just about every citrus flavored BCAA powder will probably have it in there. There are other flavors you could get that I am sure wouldnt have it in it. You just a big fan of citrus?
Yeah I figure they will. Indeed, I love me some lemonade flavored sups -- they always seem to get rid of that "taste".

I'll have to see if CL Green Mag or White Flood have it in them as I have taken them in the past no prob. Thanks again.

UKStrength

That tub is virtually pocket-sized! :) Nice pics mate. Looking forward to the taste test...

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It has 27 servings in it. But I am guessing It would be best to double dose it. So more like 13.5 servings lol.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

First Dose

Taste: A very nice lemon flavor. Not so much like lemonade just lemon drink. I can taste the actual BCAA taste afterwards but its not bad. Pretty smooth flavor. Definitely would be good to by some seltzer and make some Lemon Lime faux soda!!!

Mixability: Mixed very nice. Universal BCAA Stack mixed about as well or a bit better than most BCAA products I am familiar with.

Recommendations to consumer: Mix it and put some ice in it. Definitely makes it more refreshing.

Recommendations to Universal: make the scoop longer, I can tell the more I use the harder its going to be to get all of it out. Maybe make the stick on the scoop about double the size?

If your a lemon fan and you dislike other products give this a try its bit different then the flavor of Xtend's lemon BCAA's.

What is the ratio of this reps??

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
bump tuh bump tuh bump that thang!

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

UPDATE:

For one scoop the flavoring in this stuff is strong!!!​

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
Subbed!!! Yeah, I noticed that about the flavor as well... But, if you play around with the water levels, you can hit a sweet spot...

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed!!! Yeah, I noticed that about the flavor as well... But, if you play around with the water levels, you can hit a sweet spot...

I will have to try to find that sweet spot! Not that its bad that its strong it just depends on your taste buds.

I might try this stuff out now!
I am not sure how much they are selling it for but why not? lol

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have really been enjoying the convenience of such a small tub. I can easily take it along anywhere I go!

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
I know this is an odd question, but does it contain any natural citrus or anything like that (citric acid) to get the lemonade flavoring? Will probably say on the label.

Would love to scoop some of this up (haha) but cannot eat/drink a lot of citrus...

Keep us updated though. Any product from Universal is usually not a letdown.
It does contain citric acid, yes.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Universal, what ratio is this amino acid profile?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
UPDATE:

I took some Universal Lemon Lime BCAA's and took some pink lemonade powder and made some wonderfully delicious pink lemonade today!

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
UPDATE:

I took some Universal Lemon Lime BCAA's and took some pink lemonade powder and made some wonderfully delicious pink lemonade today!
That actually sounds pretty good... Know what I like? Them lime/lemon flavored diet colas. I wonder how that would taste? Diet cola + this???

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am always willing to try things, would you like me to try and post??

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Lemon Iced Tea anyone?

about 15 ounces of unsweetned sun tea with 1 scoop of Universal Lemon Lime BCAA with ice added. Actually really tastey.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The Lemon Iced tea was dang good.

I will be trying to make a pepsi lime type deal sometime.

Any other creative ideas?? I was thinking maybe a nice smoothing or something.???

And I will get some seltzer and make some faux lemon lime soda :)

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Hey nice work in here bro. I see you have been putting the BCAA Stack through it's paces well. I agree with you on the scooper, needs a longer handle. Feel free to post that in our Suggestion box thread.

Digging that iced tea idea too man :)

Hg

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey nice work in here bro. I see you have been putting the BCAA Stack through it's paces well. I agree with you on the scooper, needs a longer handle. Feel free to post that in our Suggestion box thread.

Digging that iced tea idea too man :)

Hg
Thanks Hoomgar, I will do that indeed!

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

This review is a mini review of Real Gains. I received a sample with my BCAA's. This is only a sample packet which is 1/5 the actual serving size.

Taste
This product had a very sweet smell to it upon opening. I thought it would taste exactly like banana laffy taffy but was wrong. It was pretty nice smooth banana flavor. The taste was a little artificial but nothing like previous banana products I have had.

Mixability
This product came in a very fine powder. I was almost surprised by how fine it was. The product mixed almost better than any whey I have mixed by shaking. It was completely dissolved within a few shakes.

Would I Purchase Real Gains?
I have never been into weight gainers, but I think if I were to try one I would definitely consider Real Gains. Its got a nice profile, good taste, and mixes very well.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Solid work on the RG review bro. I feel the same way about it. I use gainers sparingly but when I do it's RG all the way.

Hg

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No problem Hoomgar. Thought I would toss it up since you guys were nice to throw in a sample :)

clownbaby

clownbaby

Awards
  • Established

First Dose

Taste: A very nice lemon flavor. Not so much like lemonade just lemon drink. I can taste the actual BCAA taste afterwards but its not bad. Pretty smooth flavor. Definitely would be good to by some seltzer and make some Lemon Lime faux soda!!!

Mixability: Mixed very nice. Universal BCAA Stack mixed about as well or a bit better than most BCAA products I am familiar with.

Recommendations to consumer: Mix it and put some ice in it. Definitely makes it more refreshing.

Recommendations to Universal: make the scoop longer, I can tell the more I use the harder its going to be to get all of it out. Maybe make the stick on the scoop about double the size?

If your a lemon fan and you dislike other products give this a try its bit different then the flavor of Xtend's lemon BCAA's.

What is the ratio of this reps??

thank you for the feedback. is this more lemony?

the universal isolate is DEF like having a lemon. wasnt lemonade but lemon.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thank you for the feedback. is this more lemony?

the universal isolate is DEF like having a lemon. wasnt lemonade but lemon.
No problem man, IMO yes its more lemony, doesnt have that over sweet lemonade flavor but very refreshing!

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Coke Lime anyone???

1 can of diet coke
1 scoop of Universal Lemon Lime BCAA's

This tasted ok, I think it would be better to use 2 cans of diet coke or maybe 1/2 a scoop of BCAA's. It was way to lemony. haha But nevertheless it was not bad. I will try again and update :)

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established

Coke Lime anyone???

1 can of diet coke
1 scoop of Universal Lemon Lime BCAA's

This tasted ok, I think it would be better to use 2 cans of diet coke or maybe 1/2 a scoop of BCAA's. It was way to lemony. haha But nevertheless it was not bad. I will try again and update :)
You're a very brave man... *LOL*

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You're a very brave man... *LOL*
With another can of diet I think it would have tasted pretty good, the lemon lime flavor was just too strong for one can.