Volcom's PRIME & T-911 Stack

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
T-911 & PRIME

PRIME @6 caps daily, 5 x week, 2 days break/T-911 @3 tabs a day, 7 x week.

Where the rubber meets the road.

The last time I was on PRIME, I was lifting primarily for the purpose of hypertrophy and my gains were phenomenal. My response to PRIME was prevalent on day 1, no saturation period.

I'm already 2 weeks into T-911, so there won't be a need to wait for saturation to occur. I've already experienced strength gains and "unintended" weight gain from the T-911, which speaks volumes.

I already announced that my previous experience with PRIME was intended primarily for physical sculpting, higher reps, higher frequency, and a lot of isolated & single joint movements as per traditional bodybuilding.

OBJECTIVES

Currently, core strength & compound movements are my primary concern. My raw grip strength is sub-par, imo, due to years of over-dependency on wraps and my raw core strength is also sub-par, due to #1. Over-dependency on a weight belt for years and #2. A severe slip disc injury that kept me from performing squats or deads for years, therefore, I'm in severe need of re-establishing my foundations, (I can genuinely bench more then I can squat!).

Currently, I'm performing compound lifts almost exclusively. All my workouts begin with raw squats, raw deads & incline bench as the core and other varying exercise I include are flat bench, standing military and raw shrugs. It's not traditional bodybuilding for the sake of effective sculpting, but my aim is strength, specifically, core strength.

I believe in both of these supplements and have had positive experiences with both, separately. The combination of the two should be fun. I'll need to remind myself to check my ego and not grab my wraps so I can rip on the dead lifts. The hardest challenge for me is to take things slowly and let my questionable lumbar develop appropriately. I made a deal with myself that I won't lift what I can't naturally hold, so we'll see.

So here we go.... no belts, no wraps.

[EDIT: It's the first day and I'll already be breaking stride out of impatience and anticipation.

My recent lifts have been exclusively compound, but as of today, my spinal erectors are not recovered enough to tax, and I really, REALLY want to start lifting today. I plan on hitting back and back alone, so apparently, this will be a mix of both core taxation days and good ole fashion bodybuilding, which I suppose will be of greater interest and relevancy to the general public.]

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
HULK SMASH! subbed!

1st!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Badass! Glad to see you start this stack!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Badass! Glad to see you start this stack!
Noice! Thanks for dropping in. You had a hand in planting the seed, so if this doesn't work out, then its kind of like 40/60 liability between me & you :usa1:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks sweeeet! Can't wait to do this same stack!

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
In! Ah time for some fun. Sure you got time to lift between missions and smacking down werewolf's? lol

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks sweeeet! Can't wait to do this same stack!
NOICE!!! I don't know why I'm on this Aussie accent kick. I'm hoping the lethargy won't be as prevalent with me this time, but last time I was using 9 caps a day, 7 days a week and on top of that, I was probably over-training like crazy. My current schedule is conducive to not running my body to the ground, so we'll see how it all works out.

Background supps are:
- SX
- Lean Xtreme

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dang, it went up 200mg/cap? That's 33% more per cap! Hollaaaaa!

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Oh, and by the way... I started doing seated Military two shoulder workouts ago... Talk about humbling... I can just tell its going to blow my shoulders up though - so I'm excited.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh, and by the way... I started doing seated Military two shoulder workouts ago... Talk about humbling... I can just tell its going to blow my shoulders up though - so I'm excited.
I hear ya, and if you do it standing, plan on dropping another 20lbs from your seated.

I can do 185 seated, but I can only go "as high as" 135 standing. Some people use the knee bend assist with their standing military's, but I keep it legit.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I hear ya, and if you do it standing, plan on dropping another 20lbs from your seated.

I can do 185 seated, but I can only go "as high as" 135 standing. Some people use the knee bend assist with their standing military's, but I keep it legit.
I've done standing in the past. I figured seated would really keep me from cheating with knees as you pointed out, but I can see where that would add in another level of complexity with core strength.

I'm embarrassed to say I had trouble cranking out a full set of 10 with 115 seated.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've done standing in the past. I figured seated would really keep me from cheating with knees as you pointed out, but I can see where that would add in another level of complexity with core strength.

I'm embarrassed to say I had trouble cranking out a full set of 10 with 115 seated.
Stabilizer strength is a real beeznaz, but your strength will pop up quickly. As far as delt muscle fibers and the varying levels of activating motor units are concerned, you're probably pretty strong, so you'll notice as soon as there's some muscle familiarity with stabilizers and balance, you'll start killing it.

It's almost literally impossible that my pecs can produce more force then my legs, but at the moment, due to my inability to develop proper core strength (via slip disc injury), I can genuinely bench more then I can squat, and that's because I'm still working on stabilizers, balance, core.... I'm waiting for that day when squatting doesn't make me shake on the descent or I feel like I'm tipping toward one side (and not because it's heavy). It'll come shortly, I'm a few sessions in already, so I'm close.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbidge, Prime has interested me for a long time. I agree on the humbling effect of standing, no legs assist press Vol.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Stabilizer strength is a real beeznaz, but your strength will pop up quickly. As far as delt muscle fibers and the varying levels of activating motor units are concerned, you're probably pretty strong, so you'll notice as soon as there's some muscle familiarity with stabilizers and balance, you'll start killing it.

It's almost literally impossible that my pecs can produce more force then my legs, but at the moment, due to my inability to develop proper core strength (via slip disc injury), I can genuinely bench more then I can squat, and that's because I'm still working on stabilizers, balance, core.... I'm waiting for that day when squatting doesn't make me shake on the descent or I feel like I'm tipping toward one side (and not because it's heavy). It'll come shortly, I'm a few sessions in already, so I'm close.

I'm hoping that is the case. On the Military Hammer, I push 2 45s and 1 25 per side... Not saying I should be anywhere near there, but I'd like to get up to at least 135 so I don't look like a weenie. :lol:

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
You would have a naturally strong core if you were a werewolf. :D

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbidge, Prime has interested me for a long time. I agree on the humbling effect of standing, no legs assist press Vol.
nice to have you :wave2:

I also like a full ROM with the Military, just like the incline bench, I push off the clavicle (area). I don't think you necessarily have to take it that deep, because some people have a legit ROM limitations, whether it be injury or simple joint restriction, but I hate seeing people bringing the bar parallel to the top of the head and then have the nerve to call that a rep.

I'll have to apologize in advance, in the case that I have a ROM rant day. On occasion I'll witness crimes against humanity at the gym where I see people doing vertical over-head triceps presses they call Military's, or worse yet, laying wide grip triceps presses they call a bench press, or twitch reps, like someone tickled their rib & that little reaction was then deemed a rep. That stuff irritates me in an irrational fashion (sometimes) :dunno: but I think I've reported at least one crimes against humanity that I witnessed at the gym in my previous logs.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
i'm going to have to try this tomorrow. oh, in :)

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
subbed brother!

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
looks like im in before any doodz in thongs have been posted.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well you know I have been curious about this stack...only problem is there is some banned substances in T-911 and I want to be able to compete naturally this year. Also customs nabbed it when I tried to order it. I guess what I'll do is wait for Jacob's new product. After 10 days on Prime and product X I am significantly leaner and up 3 lbs if you can believe it. I am not getting the monstrous strength gains snag was getting yet, but I am experiencing increased recovery and well unprecedented recomp. I am gaining strength but the routine I am on I'm lucky I can even get through a workout.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well you know I have been curious about this stack...only problem is there is some banned substances in T-911 and I want to be able to compete naturally this year. Also customs nabbed it when I tried to order it. I guess what I'll do is wait for Jacob's new product. After 10 days on Prime and product X I am significantly leaner and up 3 lbs if you can believe it. I am not getting the monstrous strength gains snag was getting yet, but I am experiencing increased recovery and well unprecedented recomp. I am gaining strength but the routine I am on I'm lucky I can even get through a workout.
Same here - ever since you suggested it way-back-when in my T-911 log DW, this stack has been mulling in my head.

Glad to see it's finally coming to fruition!

I think I will do something similar when I run prime, only I'll use Formex, as I'm gonna use up the last of the T-911 I have on hand this month.

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Same here - ever since you suggested it way-back-when in my T-911 log DW, this stack has been mulling in my head.

Glad to see it's finally coming to fruition!

I think I will do something similar when I run prime, only I'll use Formex, as I'm gonna use up the last of the T-911 I have on hand this month.
I've been waiting for this one too ;)

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have always had my doubts on PRIME so I am happy to follow along.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
A smitten of recomp is music to my ears, D-dubja, and I've been trolling your log, so I know you've been on a bit of a hardcore tip.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's the first day and I'll already be breaking stride out of impatience and anticipation.

My recent lifts have been exclusively compound, but as of today, my spinal erectors are not recovered enough to tax, and I really, REALLY want to start lifting today. I plan on hitting back and back alone, so apparently, this will be a mix of both core taxation days and good ole fashion bodybuilding, which I suppose will be of greater interest and relevancy to the general public.

Back, later tonight, this is going to be a slow, long day....

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's the first day and I'll already be breaking stride out of impatience and anticipation.

My recent lifts have been exclusively compound, but as of today, my spinal erectors are not recovered enough to tax, and I really, REALLY want to start lifting today. I plan on hitting back and back alone, so apparently, this will be a mix of both core taxation days and good ole fashion bodybuilding, which I suppose will of greater interest and relevancy to the general public.

Back, later tonight, this is going to be a slow, long day....
And away we go... good times!!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
1st Workout..... damn

198lbs

I haven't done these particular exercises in a good few weeks, so I was expecting my returning base strength to be less then average, but instead, I nail a PR on my first set.

Behind The Neck Pull Ups (from full extension, dead hang each rep)
x 12 reps
x 8 reps
x 7 reps

Behind The Neck Hammer Pull Downs
180lbs x 10 reps
200lbs x 8 reps
220lbs x 6 reps

One Arm Barbell Rows (Smith)
135lbs x 10 reps, each arm
155lbs x 7 reps, each arm
155lbs x 7 reps, each arm

Incline Bench, Close Grip Barbell Rows (chest down on incline bench)
135lbs x 10 reps
185lbs x 8 reps
235lbs x 6 reps

Behind The Neck Shrugs (Smith)
225lbs x 10 reps
225lbs x 10 reps
275lbs x 8 reps
275lbs x 6 reps

I did use my wraps for the shrugs today. If I wasn't going to use the free BB and not gain the core benefits, then I figured I'd try to tax my traps a little bit. However, as I mentioned earlier, the reason I skipped out on my normal Core Taxation routine, is that my spinal erectors were not completely recovered and I felt it spasm during the shrugs, so I kept the weight safe & manageable.

Opening behind the neck pull ups was a shocker. I was hitting 10 reps on avg when I was 186lbs and I haven't really performed them since I was around 186-189lbs, so I was expecting a diminished performance at 198lbs by a rep or two or three and to my surprise, I hit two more then I ever had.

As far as opening day is concerned, T-911 & PRIME are kicking ass. Keep in mind I've been on T-911 for about 2-3 weeks, so the T-911 is in full circulation and from my last experience with PRIME, I had a response on the first day (or 3 doses in, I workout in the PM).

PRIME & T-911. Great 1st day.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So are you the hulk then? lol

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Don't you know who I am?! I'm the Juggernaut b*tch!!