1. NutraPlanet Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Roight, and if 'im like da supplement geeza, den dat means 'e is sold wif geezas as a addition to 'dem.
    Aiii bruva! yous already nah wa gwan. peeps on in da house don't feel east side away...well not evun afta da while. fe da win!
    Nutraplanet Representative
    PM me with any order questions and concerns

2. NutraPlanet Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.81%

Attached Images Attached Images  
  3. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.22%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Haha, yes. Sorry Volcom: more complexity, less absurdity.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.88%

Quote Originally Posted by MrBigPR View Post
    OH NO!!!! THEY HAVE MR. BUCKET!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.4%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Haha, yes. Sorry Volcom: more complexity, less absurdity.
    It's all to tha good. It makes me feel less like a down syndromed caveman when I can comprehend the gist of your posts.
    NSCA - CSCS
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.4%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    I just finished it and loved it A bottle of DTH 120 tab, 5 tabs a day was my sweet spot.
    There ya go. I've read more posts like this regarding DTH, then one's like mine.
    NSCA - CSCS
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    There ya go. I've read more posts like this regarding DTH, then one's like mine.
    I read all the great posts as well....that was why I tried it. It didn't prove out. Oh well....move on to other supplements. Hell, that's where the fun is anyway... the anticipation.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.4%

Resolve/Dragonfly'ish'esque Style

Chest

Flat Bench
    225lbs x 12 reps
    275lbs x 10 reps [This was about avg when I "started" on flat, during my last PRIME cycle]
    275lbs x 8 reps
    275lbs x 6 reps [I normally would have stopped here at 315lbs for 4-5 reps]
    275lbs x 5 reps [trying something new & pushing the limits]
    275lbs x 5 reps

Incline Bench
    185lbs x 10 reps
    205lbs x 8 reps
    225lbs x 7 reps
    225lbs x 6 reps
    225lbs x 5 reps

Hammer Dips
    180lbs x 10 reps
    230lbs x 8 reps
    230lbs x 7 reps [Threw up real quick ]
    230lbs x 6 reps
    230lbs x 5 reps

Close Grip Bench
    135lbs x 15 reps
    155lbs x 8 reps
    155lbs x 7 reps
    155lbs x 7 reps

I felt like taking a more voluminous approach to my high intensity weight. My right spinae erector is giving me problems, so that discouraged my core/compound premise that I've been working with. When all else fails, we tend to reset to our default settings and for me, that's more traditional bodybuilding. As I contemplated a possible full-on transition back to my more traditional routine, I thought, "I've done the 3 sets, pyramid thing with PRIME before, but that's very been there done that and I'm much more curious about something new, rather then revisiting that same road (as successful as it was)."

Resolve's psychotic 7 set routine always makes me scratch my head in intrigue and Dragonfly has been averaging 5-6 working sets as well. Only Resolve doesn't pyramid to the same extent as DF (if my memory serves me correctly), so I was spontaneously inspired to do a bit of both.

I know that on the flat bench, 275lbs is a limit where adding just 20lbs more (dimes on each side), completely devastates my rep range, so I kept it at 275lbs, with the idea that I'll just keep going until I can't exceed 5 reps.

I knew that on the incline, I'm not as strong, but the 185 was too easy, so I pyramided until I found a weight that I felt drew the most out of me, without it being too heavy for a decent reps count, and again, I'd just keep going until I can't exceed 5 reps.

It's just a trial hybrid of high intensity and high volume, and it's no revolutionary idea, nor do I feel it's especially advantageous, I'm just looking for a new way to travel to the same State, but a different part of the City.

NSCA - CSCS
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.13%

keep it up brotha that's a lot of sets.
  10. yea!!!!!
    Stats
    6'3"  249 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.61%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Good #'s on bench brah! Keep it up
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.31%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    I just finished it and loved it A bottle of DTH 120 tab, 5 tabs a day was my sweet spot.
    Good to hear... I'll run a similar dosage, I have 2 bottles of the older version don't know how many tabs. It's a bit of a let down when not on Prime... looking for something to keep me going when not Priming.
    LG Sciences sponsored athlete
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.4%

I'm still trying out my newly, Resolve & Dragonfly inspired routine; Uncharacteristically high number of sets for high intensity lifts, while maintaining some aspects of pyramiding.

BACK

Behind The Neck Pull Ups (Body weight)
    x 10 reps
    x 8 reps
    x 7 reps
    x 6 reps
    x 6 reps
    x 5 reps

Neutral Grip Pull Ups (BW)
    x 8 reps
    x 7 reps
    x 6 reps
    x 5 reps

Behind The Neck, Hammer Lat Pull Downs
    180lbs x 10 reps
    200lbs x 8 reps
    200lbs x 6 reps
    200lbs x 5 reps

Lat Pull Downs
    190lbs x 10 reps
    210lbs x 8 reps
    230lbs x 6 reps
    250lbs x 5 reps

My workout felt a bit underwhelming this morning, but I sort of expected it. Early morning, pre-work, workouts don't normally turn out well unless I'm on jet-fuel stims, which I'm not. I'm on SX by Anabolic Xtreme, but that's more of a low level, all day sustained stim, not the get you out of bed from 0-60 stims.

I'm definitely a post-work, workout type of guy, but no worries. I intend on hitting a second session later, delts & traps, so I may have a chance to make up for my underwhelming morning. Truth be told, I'm not so sure that my workout was so much generally lame in terms of numbers, as it was that I felt that I simply lacked intensity, but again, I'm certain that had everything to do with lifting in an early morning, zombie state.

PRIME/T-911
    The three most notable aspects I've noticed on this stack, was:

1. Increased Strength (self explanatory)

2. Increased Muscle Endurance/Stamina: I've noticed that toward the end of my workouts, though I may be suffering from a general sense of fatigue, I find that I can still push with an almost fresh intensity when the rubber meets the road and I begin the next set. I find that I can still push very heavy toward the end of my workouts lately.

3. Increased Recovery (self explanatory)

One side benefit I've enjoyed from running PRIME & T-911, is that on my PRIME "off" days, I'm still on SOMETHING. I've only been able to do a 5 ON, 1 OFF schedule with PRIME. I'm hoping to do a 7 days a week dosing schedule, but we'll see if certain things work out.

P.S. I'm not very sore from yesterday's chest devastation and I SHOULD be, if for no other reason then it was a new routine and my muscles should be shocked. I took those heavy sets two to three times deeper then I normally do.
    NSCA - CSCS
  13. NutraPlanet Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.81%

You still like everything from the back I see
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.4%

You still like everything from the back I see
    and I like behind the neck pull ups, SHABOINGA!!!
    NSCA - CSCS
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.4%

Actually, those behind the neck pull ups are a bit of a Rocky Balboa effect. I think I recall seeing him doing behind the neck pull ups when I was young and I wanted to do them, too, but I've always been too heavy to be able to do regular pull ups, let alone Balboa Pull Ups. It wasn't until just recently, following my cut about 2-3 months ago, that I started to be able to effectively do pull ups. I tried a Balboa Pull Up one day, when I cut down to around 195lbs and what the hell, I was able to do them, so I've been making up for lost time.

I weigh 198lbs, clearly I can do lat pull downs well beyond my body weight, but pull ups are still the most challenging, so I really feel that they are especially effective.

Apart from that, I have always preferred behind the neck shrugs and behind the neck Military's.
    NSCA - CSCS
  16. NutraPlanet Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.81%

I might have to try those
  17. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.52%

They just look so much more baddass!
    Body Performance Solutions
    Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/
    Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions
  18. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.22%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Did I ever tell you about the Crucifix Pulldowns, Volcom? The one where you lay flat on the lat tower, and pull down in front of you?
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.25%

Did I ever tell you about the Crucifix Pulldowns, Volcom? The one where you lay flat on the lat tower, and pull down in front of you?
    I've heard you mention this before... You're laying back, while seated on the pulldown chair? Would the cable then be at a 45(ish) degree angle?
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.4%

I don't believe so, could you provide a more detailed description por favor? I'm all ears to all things lats.
    NSCA - CSCS
  21. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.52%

Im listening..
  22. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.22%

Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    I've heard you mention this before... You're laying back, while seated on the pulldown chair? Would the cable then be at a 45(ish) degree angle?
    I don't believe so, could you provide a more detailed description por favor? I'm all ears to all things lats.
    Essentially, it is like a laying down lat pulldown. At the top of the eccentric motion, you look like you are being crucified; hence, Crucifix Lat Pulldowns.

This is the set up: take the leg holders, and set them at around middle position. Once you have that setup, grip the bar and pull the cable out, and rest your pelvis on the leg holders, and your feet straight back behind you. So, at the start of the lift, your hands are in the air, gripping the bar at the widest position, and your body is lying completely flat, with pelvis on the leg holders, and legs completely straight. (Picture a horizontal crucifixion.) On the concentric, I alternate between pulling behind the neck, and in front of the face, as it concentrates on different muscle groups.

I usually pair these with rope pulldowns, on a 3 set super-set: 15 reps each set, 4 second eccentric, 2 second concentric, 2 second pause.
  23. yea!!!!!
    Stats
    6'3"  249 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.61%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Actually, those behind the neck pull ups are a bit of a Rocky Balboa effect. I think I recall seeing him doing behind the neck pull ups when I was young and I wanted to do them, too, but I've always been too heavy to be able to do regular pull ups, let alone Balboa Pull Ups. It wasn't until just recently, following my cut about 2-3 months ago, that I started to be able to effectively do pull ups. I tried a Balboa Pull Up one day, when I cut down to around 195lbs and what the hell, I was able to do them, so I've been making up for lost time.

I weigh 198lbs, clearly I can do lat pull downs well beyond my body weight, but pull ups are still the most challenging, so I really feel that they are especially effective.

Apart from that, I have always preferred behind the neck shrugs and behind the neck Military's.
    You could try "clap" pullups as well. Explode up, clap hands in mid air and grab hold the bar immediatley after, let yourself down. I cant do them anymore at my gym now, as they do not have a straight pull up bar but some flimsy angled bar, which is harder to actually grab hold of. I think these gave me pretty much most of the lats I am rocking now. Plus they make regular pull ups so much easier down the road, by giving you alot more explosive strength at the bottom of the rep.
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Curious as well...
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.25%

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Curious as well...
    Post 222...
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by brk_nemesis View Post
    You could try "clap" pullups as well. Explode up, clap hands in mid air and grab hold the bar immediatley after, let yourself down. I cant do them anymore at my gym now, as they do not have a straight pull up bar but some flimsy angled bar, which is harder to actually grab hold of. I think these gave me pretty much most of the lats I am rocking now. Plus they make regular pull ups so much easier down the road, by giving you alot more explosive strength at the bottom of the rep.
    Holy sh*t. Those sound intense!
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  27. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.22%

Post 222...
    Did that explanation make sense?
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.3%

Post 222...
    yeah, my connection is in slow motion today.
  29. yea!!!!!
    Stats
    6'3"  249 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.61%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    Holy sh*t. Those sound intense!
    lol, yea they are. You overload the lats by using some body English at the bottom, which allows you to go higher, (so you can clap and have enough time to grab a hold of the bar on the way down). I think it really shocks them in a different way, and is the main reason I can do pullups all day long......and I aint no lightweight, lol.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1JqtbRPNps"]YouTube - 20 clapping pullups[/ame]
  30. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.52%

Dood is ruckin fipped!!
  31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.4%

Essentially, it is like a laying down lat pulldown. At the top of the eccentric motion, you look like you are being crucified; hence, Crucifix Lat Pulldowns.

This is the set up: take the leg holders, and set them at around middle position. Once you have that setup, grip the bar and pull the cable out, and rest your pelvis on the leg holders, and your feet straight back behind you. So, at the start of the lift, your hands are in the air, gripping the bar at the widest position, and your body is lying completely flat, with pelvis on the leg holders, and legs completely straight. (Picture a horizontal crucifixion.) On the concentric, I alternate between pulling behind the neck, and in front of the face, as it concentrates on different muscle groups.

I usually pair these with rope pulldowns, on a 3 set super-set: 15 reps each set, 4 second eccentric, 2 second concentric, 2 second pause.
    Ah, gotcha, thanks for the details. I always like trying news ways to stimulate the muscle. I "used" to do something to the same effect, but a different way.

Essentially, I'd lay down on a decline bench, usually the free decline bench. The one's where you'd find near the Db's. Take the EZ Bar and a very wide grip, where the hands are just at the end of the bar, behind the weights.

Lay back on the decline bench, the starting position would look like a wide grip bench press, but you'd bring the bar back and end with your arms stretched above your head (which requires crazy eccentric control)... lather, rinse, repeat.
    NSCA - CSCS
  32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.4%

Quote Originally Posted by brk_nemesis View Post
    I don't think I'm light enough to be able to do clap pull ups. I'm still hyped just to be able to do regular pull ups at the moment, but they looked pretty crazy.
    NSCA - CSCS
  33. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.41%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I've done plyometric chin-ups in past routines; they're another fun option for mixing up back work. Have to say though, deads and weighted chins remain my faves...
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.4%

Today's 2nd Workout

Delts

Behind The Neck Military Press
    135lbs x 10 reps
    155lbs x 8 reps
    155lbs x 6 reps
    155lbs x 6 reps
    155lbs x 5 reps

Hammer Shoulder Press
    180lbs x 10 reps
    230lbs x 10 reps
    230lbs x 7 reps
    230lbs x 7 reps
    230lbs x 5 reps

Db Lateral Raises
    40lbs Db's x 10 reps
    40lbs Db's x 9 reps
    40lbs Db's x 8 reps

Bent Over Db Lateral Raises
    40lbs Db's x 10 reps
    45lbs Db's x 8 reps
    50lbs Db's x 8 reps
    55lbs Db's x 6 reps

Upright Rows
    95lbs x 10 reps
    115lbs x 7 reps
    115lbs x 6 reps
    115lbs x 6 reps
    115lbs x 5 reps

I kind of feel like crap. I probably shouldn't have done a double-workout on my third consistent day. It's not that working out three days in a row is anything extraordinary, its not uncommon for me to do five, six days in a row, but it's the fact I'm doing it on PRIME, and PRIME allows me to exert more then what I am normally able to, both in weights used and total volume. Therefore, I assume my body needs more rest then usual.

I didn't get this feeling on T-911, but I was also doing an every other day workout schedule, so recovery was never an issue.

Either way, it's all good. I sort of like the feeling that I've thrashed myself, I just need to ensure that I take a rest day tomorrow. I get OCD about working out when I'm making some form of progression somewhere in my workout with each session (via supplements), so I need to take a break tomorrow.

All in all, I'm enjoying myself.
    NSCA - CSCS
  35. NutraPlanet Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.81%

Prime is giving you THAT much endurance and recovery?

ZOMGZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzZZZZZ
  36. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.83%

Wow, just wow.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  37. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.4%

Prime is giving you THAT much endurance and recovery?

ZOMGZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzZZZZZ
    The endurance portion can also be effected by a placebo effect of enthusiasm, but not solely placebo. I could still be enthused, but too gassed to perform ya know, but in reality, I am closing out my workouts really strong and I wouldn't know how to fake that.

I've noted improved recovery, but I don't think I've really made that much of a hoopla about the recovery portion... have I?
    NSCA - CSCS
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.4%

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    Wow, just wow.
    Don't be too impressed, I'm fudging my numbers... DAMN! this was suppose to be a PM!
    NSCA - CSCS
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.83%

The endurance portion can also be effected by a placebo effect of enthusiasm, but not solely placebo. I could still be enthused, but too gassed to perform ya know, but in reality, I am closing out my workouts really strong and I wouldn't know how to fake that.
    That's what she said, OH!

WHITE WHALE!
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.4%

deutschland in the heeze!
    NSCA - CSCS

Similar Forum Threads

1. Volcom's Nata-Prime-Pro-911-Madrol-iian log
    By VolcomX311 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 03:09 PM
  2. Prime Stack???
    By laxmachine in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-24-2010, 08:41 PM
  3. Volcom's Optimus PRIME Log