5'10"  215 lbs.

Haha, bump that.
    Nutraplanet Representative
    PM me with any order questions and concerns

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    I just remember seeing her in Face Off and P.S. I Love You and thinking, "Why so serious?!!"
    Bahahaha!!!!!!
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Today's an OFF day, only T-911 doses, pero, no PRIME, and it's a recovery day. Carry on.
    NSCA - CSCS
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Today's workout was less then impressive in terms of strength, it actually started off worse then I'd anticipated, but ended up okay.

Though strength improvements were not as prevalent this time, my muscle endurance & general stamina definitely was. The last time I performed this same workout, I left exhausted, this time, I would have stayed longer had I not gone quasi-hypo and I feel great right now. In fact, I have another workout scheduled for later tonight.

CHEST

Incline Bench
    225lbs x 7 reps (1 less then last week)
    235lbs x 5 reps
    235lbs x 5 reps

Flat Bench
    185lbs x 10 reps
    225lbs x 8 reps
    245lbs x 5 reps

Incline Hammer Press
    180lbs x 10 reps
    230lbs x 10 reps
    280lbs x 7 reps

Incline Press, Smith
    185lbs x 10 reps
    225lbs x 8 reps
    245lbs x 5 reps

Flat Bench, Smith
    185lbs x 10 reps
    225lbs x 8 reps
    245lbs x 6 reps

As The Dumbbell Turns (Gym drama).
    Have you ever picked someone out to be your ***** for the day? I went into the gym and there was another guy next to me, that looked about 20lbs lighter/leaner. He was on the incline with 225lbs and 90% of the time, I don't see a respectable ROM with this exercise. To my surprise, he was producing legitimate reps. I noticed he was glancing at me as well, and maybe or maybe not, to check the legitimacy of my ROM on the incline, as we were both doing the same weight (which is why I slid the nickles on, I know...).

He went and did a second exercise and I moved on to the flat, where at this point, he was on his third exercise, the Incline Hammers. I know about how strong I would be if I were to have hit the incline hammers by my third exercise and again, this guy surprised me with his strength (and looking about 20lbs lighter/leaner). I of course then hit the Hammer Incline and throw up 10lbs more then he does. It was odd behavior. We were glancing at each other (no homo) and looking at each others lbs used, but not in a mad dog way (I've had those, too). I almost said something to him to give him props (I'm like that), but I never got the chance. Last time I had an encounter like this, the ***** stranger ended up becoming my best workout partner ever and a good friend. I've talked about him before, the pro MMA guy, Zack. Anyway.

Good workout, not outstanding, but socially acceptable, saved by sheer muscle endurance. I was surprised my muscles still felt so fresh by the last exercise, but it was the quasi-hypo'ness that made me stop. I had one fish taco pre-workout (I know, but it was free and I'm po pimp'n at the moment, so it was that or nothing, because I was heading to the gym straight from work, so it was fuel).

I might come on later with another workout report. Big Back if I'm lucky.
    NSCA - CSCS
  5. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I try not to evaluate those around me any more, it just makes me mad. But every once in a while, when someone does have particularly good form I am pleasantly surprised, this dude you speak sounds like one of those rare occasions.

I've had a powerlifter recently start lifting at my gym - it's awesome to watch him lift. He was benching 510 for singles last week with perfect form and controlled eccentrics.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Glad to hear you had some endurance. I hate those workouts where I blast 25 reps on the first set, and then the next set with the same weight I get like 12.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.

Great stuff in here! I hope to gain some knowledge from your posts dood
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
    Great stuff in here! I hope to gain some knowledge from your posts dood
    Sweet, nice have'n ya!

NSCA - CSCS
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Sweet, nice have'n ya!

i've been out of the building game for a while. been mostly just gymin it up. so don't get mad if i say anything stupid. especailly about a cashier at wally world. OH NO HE DIDN'T!!!!
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.

sam when you get a chance, check this thread. its my squat form critique.

squat form critique (videos)

and it was done at la fitness diamond bar. a buddy of mine got me in. hes a sneaky kind of korean.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  123 lbs.

Today's workout was less then impressive in terms of strength, it actually started off worse then I'd anticipated, but ended up okay.

Though strength improvements were not as prevalent this time, my muscle endurance & general stamina definitely was. The last time I performed this same workout, I left exhausted, this time, I would have stayed longer had I not gone quasi-hypo and I feel great right now. In fact, I have another workout scheduled for later tonight.

CHEST

Incline Bench
    225lbs x 7 reps (1 less then last week)
    235lbs x 5 reps
    235lbs x 5 reps

Flat Bench
    185lbs x 10 reps
    225lbs x 8 reps
    245lbs x 5 reps

Incline Hammer Press
    180lbs x 10 reps
    230lbs x 10 reps
    280lbs x 7 reps

Incline Press, Smith
    185lbs x 10 reps
    225lbs x 8 reps
    245lbs x 5 reps

Flat Bench, Smith
    185lbs x 10 reps
    225lbs x 8 reps
    245lbs x 6 reps

Another one ? After all that ^^ ?! Hey V, what happened to well deserved rest ?

Climbing up in endurance is just as important as climbing up in strength Progress is progress
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post

Climbing up in endurance is just as important as climbing up in strength Progress is progress
    Not every workout is going to yeild massive strength increases, sometimes the body just gets tired and won't repond the way we want. I had a sub par day on monday and then a killer day on tuesday. You just never know sometimes.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    I try not to evaluate those around me any more, it just makes me mad. But every once in a while, when someone does have particularly good form I am pleasantly surprised, this dude you speak sounds like one of those rare occasions.

I've had a powerlifter recently start lifting at my gym - it's awesome to watch him lift. He was benching 510 for singles last week with perfect form and controlled eccentrics.
    I'm "normally" pretty apathetic and unaware of my surroundings, it was this guys uncommonly respectable ROM on the incline that caught my eye and with a respectable amount of weight (particularly for his size).
    NSCA - CSCS
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by rolandajoint View Post
    sam when you get a chance, check this thread. its my squat form critique.

squat form critique (videos)

and it was done at la fitness diamond bar. a buddy of mine got me in. hes a sneaky kind of korean.
    I checked it out, and I thought you were below parallel. Maybe not IC standard ATG, but if I was walking by you at the gym and saw you doing those squats, I'd still give you mental props
    NSCA - CSCS
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I ended up resting after all.

To my utter shock, I do not have DOMS this morning and I tore my pecs to utter high hell. My pecs are THEE most susceptible to DOMS, too. If by 2:00pm today I still show no signs of DOMS, then wow (strangely, I almost, ALWAYS get DOMS in my chest post chest day; not so with other body parts). This would be quite the recovery effect from this PRIME 911 compound.
    NSCA - CSCS
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Not every workout is going to yeild massive strength increases, sometimes the body just gets tired and won't repond the way we want. I had a sub par day on monday and then a killer day on tuesday. You just never know sometimes.
    Oh totally. I realize this, I could probably list you a whole list mediating variables that could have negatively effected my strength, from sleep to dietary inadequacies.

I started off sub-par, but I was satisfied with how I strong I ended. I was thinking to myself on my last exercise, "A really good ending can sometimes save a bad movie."

NSCA - CSCS
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Again, today was more so good ole fashioned bodybuilding, as oppose to my current, primary routine (which takes a few days to fully recover from). I also felt like I was doing more of a RESOLVE'esque type of sets scheme, as my sets were more voluminous then usual.

BACK

Behind The Neck Pull Ups
    x 12 reps
    x 8 reps
    x 6 reps
    x 6 reps
    x 5 reps

Front Side Pull Ups
    x 8 reps
    x 7 reps
    x 6 reps
    x 6 reps
    x 5 reps

Lat Pull Downs
    190lbs x 10 reps
    210lbs x 8 reps
    230lbs x 6 reps
    250lbs x 5 reps

Behind The Neck Lat Pull Downs
    190lbs x 10 reps
    190lbs x 8 reps
    190lbs x 7 reps
    190lbs x 6 reps
    190lbs x 6 reps

Some weird Nautilus, free ROM [upper] Back [row] Machine (Incline Row if you will)
    150lbs x 8 reps x 3 sets [weight and/or equipment that I believe is less likely to be universal, I find almost arbitrary to post and this was an odd machine. This is especially true considering I'll probably never use this machine again.]

I think I'll start bringing my chain belt so I can begin performing weighted pull ups. For both pull ups & dips, I have a wall in terms of total reps, but the addition of weight doesn't necessarily effect the number of reps I can accomplish.

I would have probably still hit 8 reps on my second set of behind the neck pull ups with a 25lbs plate strapped to me. Its kind of an odd thing.

I've been reading a lot of PRIME logs, reviews, reports and I've found that a lot of people have reported an Alpha Male sensation. I'm not getting that. I didn't get that last time and I'm not getting it this time. I don't feel anything, apart from increased strength. This was just a general observation I'm sharing, not complaining or anything.

In case you're saying to yourself, "what about back thickness? where are your rows? Back blasphemy!" I'm being careful with my erectors at the moment. I tax the ever love'n hell out of the them on my core/compound day. In time, I'll have more confidence in exposing my erectors/lumbar to more frequent load.
    NSCA - CSCS
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  123 lbs.

AGREE DW.
    Best sessions are those where strength increases come up against all odds. Had one of those not that long ago. I entered the gym feeling defeated. I ended up having one of the best workouts in my 2ys-or-so lifting career

I'm "normally" pretty apathetic and unaware of my surroundings, it was this guys uncommonly respectable ROM on the incline that caught my eye and with a respectable amount of weight (particularly for his size).
    Good form and full ROM is such a rarity in gyms these days and when it does happen, it deserves attention

I ended up resting after all.

To my utter shock, I do not have DOMS this morning and I tore my pecs to utter high hell. My pecs are THEE most susceptible to DOMS, too. If by 2:00pm today I still show no signs of DOMS, then wow (strangely, I almost, ALWAYS get DOMS in my chest post chest day; not so with other body parts). This would be quite the recovery effect from this PRIME 911 compound.
    Lack of DOMS is one of the first "side-effects" I've noticed from Prime

Again, today was more so good ole fashioned bodybuilding, as oppose to my current, primary routine (which takes a few days to fully recover from). I also felt like I was doing more of a RESOLVE'esque type of sets scheme, as my sets were more voluminous then usual.

BACK

Behind The Neck Pull Ups
    x 12 reps
    x 8 reps
    x 6 reps
    x 6 reps
    x 5 reps

Front Side Pull Ups
    x 8 reps
    x 7 reps
    x 6 reps
    x 6 reps
    x 5 reps

Lat Pull Downs
    190lbs x 10 reps
    210lbs x 8 reps
    230lbs x 6 reps
    250lbs x 5 reps

Behind The Neck Lat Pull Downs
    190lbs x 10 reps
    190lbs x 8 reps
    190lbs x 7 reps
    190lbs x 6 reps
    190lbs x 6 reps

Some weird Nautilus, free ROM [upper] Back [row] Machine (Incline Row if you will)
    150lbs x 8 reps x 3 sets [weight and/or equipment that I believe is less likely to be universal, I find almost arbitrary to post and this was an odd machine. This is especially true considering I'll probably never use this machine again.]

I think I'll start bringing my chain belt so I can begin performing weighted pull ups. For both pull ups & dips, I have a wall in terms of total reps, but the addition of weight doesn't necessarily effect the number of reps I can accomplish.
    I got that same problem on certain exercises. It takes a ridiculous effort to overcome these walls, and one thing that works for me is a dropset routine.
    My theory is that if my brain thinks something is too hard I got to re-program it by hitting it with something that is much MUCH harder

For a long time, I was able to do no more than 6 BW dips. Then, I started adding weight and dropseting to no weight dips. Soon enough BW dips stopped being a challenge

I've been reading a lot of PRIME logs, reviews, reports and I've found that a lot of people have reported an Alpha Male sensation. I'm not getting that. I didn't get that last time and I'm not getting it this time. I don't feel anything, apart from increased strength. This was just a general observation I'm sharing, not complaining or anything.
    You are weird indeed V, even I get the ALPHA MALE sensation

In case you're saying to yourself, "what about back thickness? where are your rows? Back blasphemy!" I'm being careful with my erectors at the moment. I tax the ever love'n hell out of the them on my core/compound day. In time, I'll have more confidence in exposing my erectors/lumbar to more frequent load.

I doubt you not
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

AGREE DW.
    Best sessions are those where strength increases come up against all odds. Had one of those not that long ago. I entered the gym feeling defeated. I ended up having one of the best workouts in my 2ys-or-so lifting career
    That's when my best workouts happen when I feel like I am going to have a bad one or am apprehensive about the workload. Don't know why that is but it happens a lot. Maybe it's the humility ...paying homage to the iron. Who knows.....
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

AGREE DW.
    True, and I recall that quite enthusiastic post. I used to say those kind of prayers of reliance before I went for my 8.8 mile runs (3-4 times a week, 12-15 miles on the weekends). Needless to say, I shrunk and not in a cool bodybuilding cutting way.

Lack of DOMS is one of the first "side-effects" I've noticed from Prime
    What I've noticed is that my DOMS is delayed, which for me is really a phenomenon, because I am one of those guys where DOMS sets in VERY quickly. Also, when the DOMS does set in, it sets in at a diminished manner. I'm also T-911, so I'm sure this is having a recovery effect, tambien.

My theory is that if my brain thinks something is too hard I got to re-program it by hitting it with something that is much MUCH harder
    Your theory is proven by physiological and neural adaption, re-adaption, kudos for your 6th sense. (your theory perpetuates increased muscle fiber recruitment per motor unit, coordinated motor unit firing, hypertrophy of the sarcolema, thus, greater release of calcium, thus, greater contraction force via sliding filament theory, increased volume of larger mitochondria, improved general awesomeness, reported positive effects that you are pimping gym members around you...etc)

You're hilarious
    NSCA - CSCS
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

That's when my best workouts happen when I feel like I am going to have a bad one or am apprehensive about the workload. Don't know why that is but it happens a lot. Maybe it's the humility ...paying homage to the iron. Who knows.....
    I hate Arnold Swarztentether, because he's become a political @-hole, bastard, that's some weird spineless hybrid of a Republocrat, but one of the most memorable interviews I remember watching of his, was when he didn't feel like "vurking out" because he just felt like laying out that day and relaxing, but Franco convinced him that they needed to workout, so Arnie (on a rare occasion) dragged his feet into the gym, but ended up having one of the best "vurk outs" of his life.

P.S. Arnies doing better recently. He's "voicing" a strong wall and have been sticking it to our tax raising psychos. If he sticks to his guns, he'll earn a lot of respect back, but we'll see.
    NSCA - CSCS
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

194lbs this morning.

Weight down, strength up, that's what I call, "Tha Bizzness."

Zero found this clip, but I wanted to share it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcK-M...layer_embedded
    NSCA - CSCS
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.

194lbs this morning.

hahahaha get the eff outta here! that shizzle is nuts!
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

194lbs this morning.

I see your 'Stolen Identity 3' and raise you 'Terminator 2: The Superfantastic Musical!'

"I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I think it's hilarious how you dose something like ActX or AE at 1tab/day, yet your doses of PRIME ***** that of many male members.

"D, give me your keys. You've had enough PRIME."

Dfly: "I'll be the judge of that!...BWAAAAA!!!!!!!!"
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    I see your 'Stolen Identity 3' and raise you 'Terminator 2: The Superfantastic Musical!'

LOL!!!!
    NSCA - CSCS
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I think it's hilarious how you dose something like ActX or AE at 1tab/day, yet your doses of PRIME ***** that of many male members.

"What's that?... is that, is that Di-Calcium Phosphate I smell?..... and [sniff-sniff] Magnesium Stearate- I KNEW IT!! You're on the PRIME again!"
    NSCA - CSCS
  28. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.

"What's that?... is that, is that Di-Calcium Phosphate I smell?..... and [sniff-sniff] Magnesium Stearate- I KNEW IT!! You're on the PRIME again!"
    oh you big muscley guys and your supplement jokes.
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

July 3rd Workout, extra credit sort of.

DELTS

Seated Military Press
    135lbs x 10 reps
    185lbs x 8 reps
    185lbs x 7 reps
    185lbs x 6 reps
    205lbs x 5 reps

Seated Military - Behind The Neck [honestly, I just wanted to stay seated]
    135lbs x 10 reps
    140lbs x 8 reps
    145lbs x 7 reps [I thought I was adding 5lbs, but I discovered they were only 2.5lbs]
    155lbs x 6 reps

Bent Over Db Lateral Raises
    50lbs Db's x 10 reps
    55lbs Db's x 8 reps
    60lbs Db's x 7 reps

Behind The Neck Shrugs
    225lbs x 12 reps
    275lbs x 10 reps
    325lbs x 8 reps

I didn't have the energy to do what I initially wanted to do, the core/compound squat/dead and everything else, so I did what I could. I actually performed alright. I felt I lacked a little intensity, but my numbers weren't detrimentally effected by it. Tomorrow is a rest day and hopefully, it's core/compound after Church on Sunday.

Happy 4th
    NSCA - CSCS
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.

mmmm shrugtastic. my traps are still very sore from my trap sesh on wed. a few warm up sets, then a giant drop set.

120s drop 100s drop 80s drop 60s. my traps are still very DOMSy right now. hesitant to go do squats and deads tonight.
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  123 lbs.

True, and I recall that quite enthusiastic post. I used to say those kind of prayers of reliance before I went for my 8.8 mile runs (3-4 times a week, 12-15 miles on the weekends). Needless to say, I shrunk and not in a cool bodybuilding cutting way.
    Funny how most of us used to be cardio freaks in our past. If I remember correctly, Irish used to run a lot too and I used to ride 5hrs 4-5x a week

As I walked into the gym this morning I saw this sign that said the cardio area would be out of function for several days due to some renovation work. I thought to myself, I couldn't care less, as long as no one touches MY SQUAT RACK I'll be happy

What I've noticed is that my DOMS is delayed, which for me is really a phenomenon, because I am one of those guys where DOMS sets in VERY quickly. Also, when the DOMS does set in, it sets in at a diminished manner. I'm also T-911, so I'm sure this is having a recovery effect, tambien.

T-911 is not to be underestimated When is LG going to make a Y-less version ?!

Your theory is proven by physiological and neural adaption, re-adaption, kudos for your 6th sense. (your theory perpetuates increased muscle fiber recruitment per motor unit, coordinated motor unit firing, hypertrophy of the sarcolema, thus, greater release of calcium, thus, greater contraction force via sliding filament theory, increased volume of larger mitochondria, improved general awesomeness, reported positive effects that you are pimping gym members around you...etc)

194lbs this morning.

And again....

Well, as of two weeks ago I've been taking 2 of each !

I'm innocent I swear !
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  123 lbs.

July 3rd Workout, extra credit sort of.

DELTS

Seated Military Press
    135lbs x 10 reps
    185lbs x 8 reps
    185lbs x 7 reps
    185lbs x 6 reps
    205lbs x 5 reps

Seated Military - Behind The Neck [honestly, I just wanted to stay seated]
    135lbs x 10 reps
    140lbs x 8 reps
    145lbs x 7 reps [I thought I was adding 5lbs, but I discovered they were only 2.5lbs]
    155lbs x 6 reps
    HAHA ! I had the same feeling today when I moved on from squats to leg press and then to Leg Ext...except I really JUST wanted stay seated. Period.

Bent Over Db Lateral Raises
    50lbs Db's x 10 reps
    55lbs Db's x 8 reps
    60lbs Db's x 7 reps

Behind The Neck Shrugs
    225lbs x 12 reps
    275lbs x 10 reps
    325lbs x 8 reps

I didn't have the energy to do what I initially wanted to do, the core/compound squat/dead and everything else, so I did what I could. I actually performed alright. I felt I lacked a little intensity, but my numbers weren't detrimentally effected by it. Tomorrow is a rest day and hopefully, it's core/compound after Church on Sunday.
    Sounds like you need one V
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Funny how most of us used to be cardio freaks in our past. If I remember correctly, Irish used to run a lot too and I used to ride 5hrs 4-5x a week
    The first thing to go when I was losing weight too fast was the excess cardio. I don't like it!! It's a necessary evil.... I am down to 2.5 hours a week now which is pretty low for me.
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

4th of July (early morn)

LEGS:

I was suppose to rest today, but then I realized TOMORROW was going to be my rest day, so I went and did legs.

Funny but painful story:
    I walk up to the squat rack and next to me, I run into one of my old athlete's I used to train. He's doing squats on the squat rack next to me. He also has magnificent form in going ATG to the T. As such, being his once training "superior" I felt a responsibility & obligation to go lower then whatever he was doing, it just felt necessary. I don't know what's beyond ATG, Cornhole To Gym Mat or Knees to Nipples, I suppose, so I kept my weight a tad lower then usual, as I wanted to display quality of form over quantity of weight.

Barbell Squats
    135lbs x 10 reps (CHTGM or KTN)
    155lbs x 10 reps
    185lbs x 8 reps
    205lbs x 6 reps

Barbell Hack Squats
    135lbs x 10 reps
    225lbs x 5 reps
    225lbs x 5 reps
    225lbs x 5 reps

Incline Sled Press
    270lbs x 10 reps
    360lbs x 8 reps
    410lbs x 6 reps

I don't feel my legs are getting any stronger, I've been stuck on that same progression on squats for a little while now. I have experienced notable strength improvements on "less" compound movements, such as chest presses and various back exercises, but lifts involving my core, such as squats and deads seem to be at a stand still for the moment.

On a brighter note, as a result of my last back workout, I don't think I've ever felt my lats DOM up so low into my lats. I'm usually sore around the top portion of my lats, but I feel DOMage in its entirety, which is awesome. I just enjoy DOMS, especially in the back.

NSCA - CSCS
  35. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.

i enjoy your patriotism! Happy 4th!

How do you Seated MP so much? what is your normal shoulder workout like? i need some basketball sized shoulders!
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

i enjoy your patriotism! Happy 4th!

How do you Seated MP so much? what is your normal shoulder workout like? i need some basketball sized shoulders!
    Thanks, I had a great July 4th at The Rose Bowl. My mom is very patriotic. She left Taiwan for American in the early 80's and even then, she was able to appreciate the contrast in societies, so all her pro American gratitude rubbed off on me.

My "normal" shoulder workout isn't very extraordinary in terms of particular exercises performed or a particular routine.

Basically, I like to do 2-3 compound lifts. I would typically move from Military's then to Hammer Shoulder Presses (and/or Rear Military), then a Db Lat Raise, Db Front Raise and Upright Rows. There's nothing special or advantageous about my routine. If you apply enough intensity (integral to your upper limits), dedication and consistency to any program, it'll work for you.

NSCA - CSCS
  37. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

The first thing to go when I was losing weight too fast was the excess cardio. I don't like it!! It's a necessary evil.... I am down to 2.5 hours a week now which is pretty low for me.
    You'll have to forgive my lack of sympathy
    NSCA - CSCS
  38. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.

Thanks, I had a great July 4th at The Rose Bowl. My mom is very patriotic. She left Taiwan for American in the early 80's and even then, she was able to appreciate the contrast in societies, so all her pro American gratitude rubbed off on me.

My "normal" shoulder workout isn't very extraordinary in terms of particular exercises performed or a particular routine.

Basically, I like to do 2-3 compound lifts. I would typically move from Military's then to Hammer Shoulder Presses (and/or Rear Military), then a Db Lat Raise, Db Front Raise and Upright Rows. There's nothing special or advantageous about my routine. If you apply enough intensity (integral to your upper limits), dedication and consistency to any program, it'll work for you.

effin money dood. i guess i'll just have to quit being a biatch.
  39. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

effin money dood. i guess i'll just have to quit being a biatch.
    I highly doubt your a biatch, but in addressing that statement for general purposes. Apart from proper training and nutrition knowledge, because with the internet, you can learn all you need to learn to have the informational road map for bodybuilding success. You don't need to know anatomy & physiology in depth to be a decent bodybuilder and again, that information is wide spread and easy to obtain. Also, not taking into considering the element of amazing genetics, but being successful at bodybuilding comes down to this bottom line, your pain threshold. The higher your pain threshold, the better. Fatigue is pain, lactic build up is pain, pushing beyond the numbing reps is pain, general exhaustion is pain, the mental wear down as a result of the pain, is more pain, and people with high pain thresholds, lift closer to their full potential and at a level acclaimated for effective growth.

I see a lot of unprogressed people at the gym, smart, both knowledge about training schemes and dietary demands, but because they look like they're comfortable when they lift and seem to keep away from painful intensities, they lack progression, ie... more often the not, biceps curls don't end because you can no longer overcome the actual weight itself, it's the inability to overcome the pain of the next rep, the burn, the fatigue, the exhaustion...etc. Super-sets and drop sets are the zenith of pain and that's why they're so effective.

One of the traps of bodybuilding is that when you first begin, you can trip over a dumbbell and see results, but as your body becomes a veteran to resistance training, it demands entering that realm of uncomfortability and pain, which some people never cross over to. They do what worked in the beginning, but that's just not enough anymore.

I know when I lift, I'm expecting pain. I think on every single exercise I perform, I come to a point of grimace. My last rep is always a slow fight to finish and it's painful, in terms of burning, general fatigue, specific fatigue to the working muscle, general exhaustion, the numbing of that particular working muscle, all pain. To my gratitude, I have a decent pain threshold, so I can take my sets deep into that margin of pain, and once I fight through a painful set, I'm ready for more pain without any hesitation (once I catch my breath).

Delts are particularly painful, the burn is so condensed, so the pain is augmented (like bi's), but again, it's just keeping integral to your own pain threshold, or increasing that bar in order to reach new heights.

[P.S. Injurious pain is not included in this pain principle. If something feels off to the joints or if the pain is sharp & shooting, listen to the body and stop, but apart from that, it's the pain threshold that holds a lot of people back, in spite of their training & nutrition knowledge].
    NSCA - CSCS
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

P.S. I wasn't trying to be preachy or sound like a guru and I wasn't addressing you or anything. I didn't want to sound like I was insinuating that you're not pushing yourself to the limits. Your comments just raised a thought I and I ranted to get that off my chest
    NSCA - CSCS

Similar Forum Threads

1. Volcom's Nata-Prime-Pro-911-Madrol-iian log
    By VolcomX311 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 01:09 PM
  2. Prime Stack???
    By laxmachine in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-24-2010, 06:41 PM
  3. Volcom's Optimus PRIME Log
    By VolcomX311 in forum Supplement Logs