Volcom's PRIME & T-911 Stack

Page 11 of 15 First ... 6910111213 ... Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.24%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tyler4 View Post
    Yea, I can see that but it's like being called the best basketball player in the world but not playing in the NBA anymore. But as long as he keeps fighthing, I think it's OK.

Plus, I might be different than some recent fans on this one but I dont think a Lesner/Fedor fight is justified right now anyway. Fedor would break Lesner off properly, or at least I think so.

That being said, I would pay a good amount of $$ to see Fedor/Lesner
    I agree with the NBA analogy, and that's part of the argument going against Fedor as number one. I think what's floating his number status is his record. He worked his way through Pride, during a time of the best HW class to date, and he's still relatively young.

I don't think Lesnar should be fighting Fedor either. I would give it a 85/15 chance for Fedor, because although Fedor is leaps & bounds above Lesnar in talent, Lesnar has a striker's chance of landing a flailing KO. Apart from that, I agree, Fedor would end it on the ground.
    NSCA - CSCS

2. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.47%

Pride in it's prime was loads deeper than the UFC in basically every weight. And that was when Fedor was kickin it hard.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Yea, I can see that but it's like being called the best basketball player in the world but not playing in the NBA anymore. But as long as he keeps fighthing, I think it's OK.

Plus, I might be different than some recent fans on this one but I dont think a Lesner/Fedor fight is justified right now anyway. Fedor would break Lesner off properly, or at least I think so.

That being said, I would pay a good amount of $$ to see Fedor/Lesner
    Using your analogy however... the best basketball players (heavies) aren't necessarily in the NBA...
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.47%

Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    Using your analogy however... the best basketball players (heavies) aren't necessarily in the NBA...
    Yea, I can see that but I guess you could go as far to say that the entire class of heavies of MMA arent really anything too spectacular. UFC or other.

But the UFC is the best MMA org. in the world so it would only be fitting for him to fight there, IMHO. When he was in Pride, they were the best.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.99%

Yea, I can see that but I guess you could go as far to say that the entire class of heavies of MMA arent really anything too spectacular. UFC or other.

But the UFC is the best MMA org. in the world so it would only be fitting for him to fight there, IMHO. When he was in Pride, they were the best.
    I would give you that the UFC is the best MMA organization in the Americas. Would be a tougher sell globally, and no where near as big in Asia - esp Japan. Japan is a huuuuge market with a lot of cheddar for this sh*t.
  6. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.47%

True. But when Pride was alive I thought they were the deepest and most talented and since most of that talent is now in the ufc, that's why I think it's probably the best, at least in my opinion.
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.24%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I would give you that the UFC is the best MMA organization in the Americas. Would be a tougher sell globally, and no where near as big in Asia - esp Japan. Japan is a huuuuge market with a lot of cheddar for this sh*t.
    What the American athletes do that Japanese athletes have a hard time overcoming or even dealing with, is the level of strength in wrestling. PRIDE used have deeper talent all around in my opinion, but I think the UFC's talent pool is climbing perhaps in greater bounds then we might assume. First, as we're flooded with the Brazilians, our BJJ game is going up, I'm not saying its as good or better then the avg. Japanese MMA'ist, but my main point is just that our standard of BJJ has been forced upward as a result of the Brazilians being an influential & integrated part of our talent pool. I also think as a whole, we have better strikers, in terms of boxing. Kick boxing, muay thai, I give to the international stage. I give the Japanese Judo and I think there are a greater amount of expertise Jiu Jitsu guys in Japan, but in terms of UFC's best vs Japans best, I think we are pretty good in that comparison.

Truthfully, much of everything I just said could be argued back & forth, but as far as wrestling is concerned, hands down UFC athletes, any weight class.
    NSCA - CSCS
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.24%

True. But when Pride was alive I thought they were the deepest and most talented and since most of that talent is now in the ufc, that's why I think it's probably the best, at least in my opinion.
    I think the only Pride born athletes that are still competitive are Rampage, Hendo, and Anderson Silva. Big Nog looks like a shell of who he was and Wandy isn't quite a shell of who he was, but he's not the Wandy of Pride.

Cro Cop is rumored to come over, or perhaps officially announced already, but he's in the same boat Big Nog is, and Cro Cop used to be my main.
    NSCA - CSCS
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.99%

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    What the American athletes do that Japanese athletes have a hard time overcoming or even dealing with, is the level of strength in wrestling. PRIDE used have deeper talent all around in my opinion, but I think the UFC's talent pool is climbing perhaps in greater bounds then we might assume. First, as we're flooded with the Brazilians, our BJJ game is going up, I'm not saying its as good or better then the avg. Japanese MMA'ist, but my main point is just that our standard of BJJ has been forced upward as a result of the Brazilians being an influential & integrated part of our talent pool. I also think as a whole, we have better strikers, in terms of boxing. Kick boxing, muay thai, I give to the international stage. I give the Japanese Judo and I think there are a greater amount of expertise Jiu Jitsu guys in Japan, but in terms of UFC's best vs Japans best, I think we are pretty good in that comparison.

Truthfully, much of everything I just said could be argued back & forth, but as far as wrestling is concerned, hands down UFC athletes, any weight class.
    I think UFC has better wrestlers, because our collegiate wrestlers see it as a legitimate career path. There are some amazing wrestlers in Russia / Germany / Nordics that just don't have the exposure to MMA - yet... In international wrestling competitions, the US usually does not bode very well... I think this landscape will change once scouting becomes more prevalent and international wrestlers are lured to MMA just like BJJ players have been as of late.
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.24%

Hey Tyler, I thought this was a pretty cool short clip.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=984fN-gt4lA"]YouTube - July 27th 2009 - Fedor Emelianenko, Gegard Mousasi and BJ Penn[/ame]
    NSCA - CSCS
  11. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.47%

Yea. Cro cop is still signed. I hope to see the cro cop of old. I to used to be a huge fan. I mean I still like the dude, I just want to see him like he used to be.
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.24%

I think UFC has better wrestlers, because our collegiate wrestlers see it as a legitimate career path. There are some amazing wrestlers in Russia / Germany / Nordics that just don't have the exposure to MMA - yet... In international wrestling competitions, the US usually does not bode very well... I think this landscape will change once scouting becomes more prevalent and international wrestlers are lured to MMA just like BJJ players have been as of late.
    Yeah, I was about to bring up the Your-a-pee'n's, I can't argue against those Bears.
    NSCA - CSCS
  13. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.47%

Hey Tyler, I thought this was a pretty cool short clip.

YouTube - July 27th 2009 - Fedor Emelianenko, Gegard Mousasi and BJ Penn
    I saw that too on bj's blog. He looks kinda scared next to Fedor. Ha ha.
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.24%

Yea. Cro cop is still signed. I hope to see the cro cop of old. I to used to be a huge fan. I mean I still like the dude, I just want to see him like he used to be.
    me too, I rooted for him when he fought Fedor. One can only hope, but it seems the Cage throws a real wrench in fighters used to a ring.
    NSCA - CSCS
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.24%

I saw that too on bj's blog. He looks kinda scared next to Fedor. Ha ha.
    You know you're tight when you make Diva Penn feel humbled
    NSCA - CSCS
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.24%

Ghetto Fitness - Lower Chest

I wanted to try something new today, so I tried something new. Firstly, my lower and outer pecs are my biggest problem area. It's developed, but it develops slower then my upper chest, which is odd, so I decided to ghetto fitness it today and see where or if any DOMS appears tomorrow.

Weighted Dips
    BW x 15 reps
    BW + 45lbs x 10 reps
    BW + 70lbs x 10 reps
    BW + 90lbs x 8 reps
    BW + 90lbs x 6 reps
    BW + 90lbs x 4.5 reps
    BW + 70lbs x 8 reps
    BW + 70lbs x 6 reps
    BW + 70lbs x 5 reps
    BW + 45lbs x 8 reps
    BW + 45lbs x 6 reps
    BW + 45lbs x 6 reps
    BW x 10 reps
    BW x 8 reps
    BW x 8 reps [dry heaved a little]

Hammer Dips - Gironda Grip
    180lbs x 10 reps
    200lbs x 8 reps
    220lbs x 6 reps [almost threw up in my mouth]
    220lbs x 6 reps

There you have it, ghetto fitness chest day. I can't wait to try this when my new bottle of 800mg PRIME comes in.
    NSCA - CSCS
  17. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.19%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

One lift workouts rock. Just beating yourself into the dirt with a single movement - there's something about it that is very satisfying...
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.24%

Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    One lift workouts rock. Just beating yourself into the dirt with a single movement - there's something about it that is very satisfying...
    If a scientist is on my side, I don't feel so strange having done that

I think this has to be your official signature:

NSCA - CSCS
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.17%

Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    I agree. Slamming one muscle group with one movement; I used to lift that way.

Day 1
    Flat Bench x 10
    RDL x 10

Day 2
    Bent Over BB Row x 10
    Squats x 10

Ya, those were good workouts
  20. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.19%

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post

Day 1
    Flat Bench x 10
    RDL x 10

Day 2
    Bent Over BB Row x 10
    Squats x 10

Yeah, it can really do the trick. My personal favorites for one lift workouts though are the clean and jerk or front squats. Do either for 45min with a good load and you will feel it all over the next day - you'll even get biceps, chest and calf DOMS.

***NOW @ NP***
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.24%

Testosterone Release Party

Dead Lifts
    225lbs x 10 reps
    315lbs x 8 reps
    375lbs x 1 rep

[I was looking for 5 reps on the 375, but I only got one....]

Barbell Hack Squats
    135lbs x 10 reps
    185lbs x 8 reps
    225lbs x 5 reps

Barbell Squats
    135lbs x 10 reps, x 8 reps, x 6 reps
    NSCA - CSCS
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.24%

Day 1
    Flat Bench x 10
    RDL x 10

Day 2
    Bent Over BB Row x 10
    Squats x 10

I don't think I've ever taken it to such an exclusive extreme, but I did enjoy it. My lower, outer pecs are majorly DOMSicled.
    NSCA - CSCS
  23. yea!!!!!
    Stats
    6'3"  249 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.85%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Dead Lifts
    225lbs x 10 reps
    315lbs x 8 reps
    375lbs x 1 rep

[I was looking for 5 reps on the 375, but I only got one....]

Barbell Hack Squats
    135lbs x 10 reps
    185lbs x 8 reps
    225lbs x 5 reps

Barbell Squats
    135lbs x 10 reps, x 8 reps, x 6 reps
    Ha! What a coincidence. I'm on my 3rd week of PCT now,.... and last week's deads was the exact same occurrence. My 5 rep set ended up being a one rep set, Dropped it before locking out a second. Dont you just hate those days.....
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.24%

Quote Originally Posted by brk_nemesis View Post
    Ha! What a coincidence. I'm on my 3rd week of PCT now,.... and last week's deads was the exact same occurrence. My 5 rep set ended up being a one rep set, Dropped it before locking out a second. Dont you just hate those days.....
    Tell me about it, I didn't even have enough in me to GO for a second rep
    NSCA - CSCS
  25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.24%

Resolve,

Or anyone concerned about grip strength. I did a little something extra with my Barbell Reverse Curls today. I took two Squat neck-pads, and lined them across a barbell, which in turn created an EXTREMELY thick grip environment. As I clamped my hands down on the bar, my fingers and thumbs were a good 3 inches apart, which meant I had to grip the bar with the jaws of life type of grip. There is enough room between your thumb and fingers for the bar to slip out of your hands if you don't clamp down hard enough. Basically, I was not able to not pyramid at all today and did 4 sets with just the bar in this manner, (before moving on).

Forearms Emphasized

Fat Grip Barbell Reverse Curls x 4 sets

Barbell Reverse Curls x 4 sets

Smith-Barbell Reverse Curls x 3 sets

Db Hammer Curls x 3 sets

Machine, Preacher Curls x 3 sets

The fat grip method can also be utilized in a regular curl to give the forearms more work, but there isn't that same need for a jaws of life grip as a reverse curl in this fashion.
    NSCA - CSCS
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.17%

That's good thinking on the grip, Volcom. My workouts will be changing quite heavily in the next few weeks and I'm going to incorporate some of this stuff in there. I plan on altering my physique a great deal and seeing how I do when I focus solely on aesthetics and athletic ability. I'm going to try to go from bodybuilder to functional athlete if at all possible.
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.24%

That's good thinking on the grip, Volcom. My workouts will be changing quite heavily in the next few weeks and I'm going to incorporate some of this stuff in there. I plan on altering my physique a great deal and seeing how I do when I focus solely on aesthetics and athletic ability. I'm going to try to go from bodybuilder to functional athlete if at all possible.
    Functional strength was the root motivation of me wanting to really develop my core strength. You don't get any more foundational then core and grip strength when it comes to functional strength
    NSCA - CSCS
  28. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.04%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Functional strength was the root motivation of me wanting to really develop my core strength. You don't get any more foundational then core and grip strength when it comes to functional strength
    Another filthy variation of reverse BB preachers is using a claw-grip, with a wrist flexion at the bottom.
  29. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.19%

I cannot wait until I'm able to lift again - you know me too well Sam, the fat bar reverse curls are calling my name!

***NOW @ NP***
  30. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.36%

I do fat bar reverse curls every time I have to shake those last two drops out
    Body Performance Solutions
    Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/
    Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions
  31. yea!!!!!
    Stats
    6'3"  249 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.85%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I love reverse BB curls. Except I do 20-25 rep sets on them, rest- pause style after each 5 reps, and they are BLOWIN' up. Im going pretty crazy now on my arms/forearm routines, as I want me some Phil Health arms.
  32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.24%

Quote Originally Posted by brk_nemesis View Post
    I want me some Phil Health arms.
    you and me BOTH!!
    NSCA - CSCS
  33. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.04%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

50 rep Zottman Curl/Reverse Preacher Curl super-set = the most heinous and disgusting forearm pump you have ever experienced. Small children run from it.
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.24%

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    50 rep Zottman Curl/Reverse Preacher Curl super-set = the most heinous and disgusting forearm pump you have ever experienced. Small children run from it.
    You and your Zottman's and Gironda's. You have to be the Canadian crowned prince of variation.
    NSCA - CSCS
  35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.17%

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgG_uPJFV6E"]YouTube - Elaine and the Goiter Woman[/ame]
  36. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.36%

bahahah
  37. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.17%

Man that was supposed to go in Met's thread. lol
  38. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.36%

hahah I figured
  39. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.24%

Man that was supposed to go in Met's thread. lol
    I welcome all things Seinfeld.

NSCA - CSCS
  40. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.36%

Similar Forum Threads

1. Volcom's Nata-Prime-Pro-911-Madrol-iian log
    By VolcomX311 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 02:09 PM
  2. Prime Stack???
    By laxmachine in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-24-2010, 07:41 PM