Starting strength with Diesel Test hardcore & Applied Nutriceuticals Drive

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Summer is here and I am going to be re-dedicated to getting some of that lean mass I lost this last school year. The program I will be using is riptoes starting strength for mass & strength gains. I am going to be doing a powerlifting simple routine to just get me back into the swing of things.

Workout RoutineI will also be hitting 1-2 auxilary lifts per workout as well and include three warm up sets along with my 3 working sets.With Starting strength the goal is to progress weight wise each workout, not each week.

Week odd number (1,3,5 etc)
MONDAY - WORKOUT A
WEDNESDAY - WORKOUT B
FRIDAY - WORKOUT A

WEEK Even number (2,4,6, etc)
MONDAY - WORKOUT B
WEDNESDAY - WORKOUT A
FRIDAY - WORKOUT B

WORKOUT A:
SQUATS 3X5
BENCH PRESS 3X5
DEADLIFT 1X5

WORKOUT B:
SQUATS 3X5
STANDING MILITARY PRESS 3X5
POWER CLEAN OR PENDLAY ROW 3X5

I will also be hitting 1-2 auxilary lifts per workout as well and include three warm up sets along with my 3 working sets.With Starting strength the goal is to progress weight wise each workout, not each week.

Supplements used
  • Get Diesel's Diesel Test Hardcore
  • Applied Nutriceuticals Drive
  • All The Whey Peanut Butter Cup Blend
  • Controlled Labs Golden Gains

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Day 1: (this was actually 3 days ago)

weight: 164 lbs

SQUATS
warm up
working sets 3X5: 225lbs

BENCH PRESS
warm up
working sets 3X5: 160 lbs

DEADLIFT
warm up
working set1X5: 225 lbs

• Today was very light working myself back into the lifts
  • The workout felt short and easy so I am anxious to see how much this will help me grow
  • I have not started Drive or DTH yet

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
  • Today I tried 2 tabs of DTH (and will continue this for the recommended time), but will not be starting drive till tomorrow.
  • Today was supposed to be my B workout, but I went to the gym only to find out they had closed early.
Proposed Dosing For supplements
  • Diesel Test Hardcore: 2 tabs per day for the first 5 days as recommended. Then I will bump up accordingly. I will be cycling 6 days on, 1 day off as recommended as well
  • Drive: I will be starting out with 6 caps per day

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Alright guys just took my DTH & drive. I am dividing the DTH doses up 1/1 and the drive dosage up 3/3 for now....

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Day 2

weight 168 (up 4 lbs)

Dosing:
  • DTH:2 Tabs (1 @ wake up, 1 Post Workout
  • Drive: 6 caps ( 3 caps wake up, 3 caps Pre-workout
  • Golden gains: 2 scoops post workout

Squat: working sets 3x5x225
Standing BB Military press: working sets 3x5x115
BB Bent Rows: 3x5x135

• Quick workout & great workout! never feels hard during, but I keep feeling great afterwards!
  • up 4 lbs already! My body loves the nutrition I am giving it (water weight as well). It feels great to finally eat good, clean, healthy foods again instead of crap cafeteria food.
  • I am looking forward to these supplements coming into play! Both are great and excell in what they are used for and they should compliment each other greatly towards my goals

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck bro, you will prolly respond well to 3-4 Dth a day. Stay focused, and give it hell. Try to notice any increase in aggression, or shortness with people. It just kinda creeps up on ya sometimes.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Good luck bro, you will prolly respond well to 3-4 Dth a day. Stay focused, and give it hell. Try to notice any increase in aggression, or shortness with people. It just kinda creeps up on ya sometimes.
Is the 2 a day really necessary for the first 5 days or can I go straight to 3-4 a day? I feel stuff, but it's just placebo because I am glad to be back and rededicated for the summer.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Need more people in here tex! Its all cuz we never made them BCAA candies(me and my buddy actually are working on our own goodies...maybe someday it will hit market).

Nice so far, In for the ride. Duno how I missed it at first.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Need more people in here tex! Its all cuz we never made them BCAA candies(me and my buddy actually are working on our own goodies...maybe someday it will hit market).

Nice so far, In for the ride. Duno how I missed it at first.
I know man. That was a good idea we had too!

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
subn fo sho

i really like this workout program, I have done it twice over that last 2-3 years. 12 to 16 week runs

Dont skimp on the calories or rest.

I highly recommend to be running some sort of stack with this workout program.

good luck........

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
i really like this workout program, I have done it twice over that last 2-3 years. 12 to 16 week runs

Dont skimp on the calories or rest.

I highly recommend to be running some sort of stack with this workout program.

good luck........
yeah I have heard it is great that is why I chose it, plus I wanted to get my strength back up to what it used to be. Hopefully I chose a good stack to run with this program, regardless I love drive & DTH seems to be a quality product... so I will get something out of it.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was looking for the other thread and couldn't find it, then remember you said something about moving it. Anyhow... subbed.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I was looking for the other thread and couldn't find it, then remember you said something about moving it. Anyhow... subbed.
yeah haha. It was in workout log and also had some workouts in it before I decided to introduce these two bad boys (drive & DTH).

Sorry about not informing you and the rest of the gang who was following. I do have a question though for anyone with Riptoe background.... You are supposed to increase your weight by 2.5% per workout, well squats is the only exercise i do 3 times a week, so does that mean increase it each workout day, or just workout A's?

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is the 2 a day really necessary for the first 5 days or can I go straight to 3-4 a day? I feel stuff, but it's just placebo because I am glad to be back and rededicated for the summer.
I would say after like 2 days on 2 if you dont have any adverse reactions, its not a huge issue to jump to 3-4.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I had a new job interview today so I will be hitting the gym tonight

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
GL on the interview results. Hope it went well. How are things feeling with this combo in you? I can only imagine the certain drives that are increasing lol.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Libido is starting to go up. I don't even realize it till I find myself thinking about it haha. Agression hasn't yet though as I am already a pretty short temper person. Going to the gym. I bumped up to 3 DTH today also as Trip said.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Day 3

Squat: working set 3x5x230

flat bench: working set: 185

Deadlift: Didn't get a chance to do (way too many people at the gym)

• DTH: 3 tabs (2 at wake up, 1 pre workout)
  • Drive: 6 caps (3 wake up, 3 pre workout)

• None of these lifts were hard weight wise, but I am making sure to progress nice and easy as this program suggests
  • Libido is starting to go up, I find myself craving my girlfriend quite frequently haha
  • body composition effects are beginning to come into play ( i believe this is because it is my first week back at my parents house actually eating real & healthy food, but the supplements could be playing a part)
  • The gym was way too packed today and I literally had to wait in lines to do all of these, the free squat/ deadlift was way too packed to even get to do deadlift

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
i'm interested in seeing how this workout schedule treats you....

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I hate waiting in line at the gym.... Hence my 24 hour one I just picked up. It always used to tick me off.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
i'm interested in seeing how this workout schedule treats you....
Yup, thus far I am enjoying it... not too much, and it's not hard, but it is making progress

I hate waiting in line at the gym.... Hence my 24 hour one I just picked up. It always used to tick me off.
I agree... it pisses me off. I usually like going to the gym

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
i think i'm pretty lucky...we have a huge variety of machines and the free weights are wayyyyyyy in the back of the gym after all the cardio and machine weights so the free weights usually only get the athletes and intense lifters...

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
i think i'm pretty lucky...we have a huge variety of machines and the free weights are wayyyyyyy in the back of the gym after all the cardio and machine weights so the free weights usually only get the athletes and intense lifters...
same with us, but still all the guys my age who think they are hot shots and all dudes and a few fat guys.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
just finished todays dosage worth of DTH & drive, this is my second day at 3 tabs/day on DTH and I could tell a difference between it and 2 tabs. I think I will run 3 tabs for a week and then bump up to 4 tabs a day for awhile and eventually go up to 5-6 tabs to evaluate where I am feeing the best effects at.

I also forgot to add that I used Golden gains post workout yesterday. Usually I am in the mood to drink it and it is a refreshing thing to have post workout, but yesterday I didn't enjoy it and found myself wanting to not even finish it....

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love that about DTH, the fact that one can play around and tweak the dosing quite easily for effect.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
agreed... most people have to do that with forskolin as well, but I am fortunate to knowing my spot

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
hey guys how long do i take off before started a new week? I just finished week 1 and will be starting week 2, but how many days should I take off before starting week 2?

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
hey guys how long do i take off before started a new week? I just finished week 1 and will be starting week 2, but how many days should I take off before starting week 2?
take off from what?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
take off from what?
I had read something about taking off the training for a few days after each A,B,A or B,A,B circuit with this workout and I didn't really feel like I needed it. I will be hitting the gym tomorrow however.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys just got back from the gym and I am feeling great, I figured I would take a few photos to show what im looking at right now. I went with a workout buddy and tried his workout today... I loved it. It blew SS out of the water intesity and volume wise (my body takes loads of volume to grow). We did drop sets/pyramids on flat bench up to 225 and back down, same with incline, we then hit machine flyes, reverse cable curls, regular cable curls, BB curl, and DB alt curl. WOW I feel great.

DTH: 3 tabs (2 am, 1 PM)
Drive: 6 caps (3am, 3pm)

Drinking my golden gains right now... nice and cold and them eating a tuna steak!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
went with my buddy again and did back and triceps. A nice workout, but I never really feel it in my back for some reasons. Also, my biceps are sore today... this is the first day I have been sore in quite awhile.

I am thinking of switching to my friends routine because I just feel better on it, I feel like I am getting more accomplished... I don't know though we will see.

I am still at three DTH per day and 6 drive per day, I think I will take tomorrow off DTH and then start at 4 per day on monday... does that sound good to you all?

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Looking freaking sick man. You are left handed arent you?

I like the setup ur using. But I have no knowledge on it :( I will be logging your log in memory files for the setup for future reference ^.^

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Looking freaking sick man. You are left handed arent you?

I like the setup ur using. But I have no knowledge on it :( I will be logging your log in memory files for the setup for future reference ^.^
Yes, I am left handed... can you tell or something? Which set up... the workout ?

H

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
The starting strength is a slow progressing routine. But, imagine, 4 weeks from now, while you are adding % each w/o, how much heavier it's going to be.

When I did it the first time, I was saying that it was to simple, but as i got into week 5-6, I realized that the weight jumps were getting pretty heavy quickly.

I'd stay with it for at least 8 weeks, but, if you feel that this other routine is better.....

I have an original excel sheet with his formula plugged in. It'll give you the exact numbers so that you can play off of those after you plug your maxes in. If i can find it, i'll email it to you, but I have no clue where it is on my comp with 300GB of files flying around...i'll try.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
The starting strength is a slow progressing routine. But, imagine, 4 weeks from now, while you are adding % each w/o, how much heavier it's going to be.

When I did it the first time, I was saying that it was to simple, but as i got into week 5-6, I realized that the weight jumps were getting pretty heavy quickly.

I'd stay with it for at least 8 weeks, but, if you feel that this other routine is better.....

I have an original excel sheet with his formula plugged in. It'll give you the exact numbers so that you can play off of those after you plug your maxes in. If i can find it, i'll email it to you, but I have no clue where it is on my comp with 300GB of files flying around...i'll try.
that would be cool. I'm finding this similar to 5x5 routine somewhat and I grow like a weed on those strength wise, but it's not has easy to push yourself without a spotter like I have during the school year.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I am left handed... can you tell or something? Which set up... the workout ?
Yes I can tell. I live in a world of psychology and problem solving. Look at your neck & shoulders as well how close your left arm is to your chest than your right. Generally your dominant arm pulls in closer to the body and the other is a bit looser. Also like I said your neck, your traps tell all. One of the easiest ways to pick up on someones side dominance in a fight is a quick glance at their traps. Though its not a surefire way.

And yeah your workout is what I meant.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Yes I can tell. I live in a world of psychology and problem solving. Look at your neck & shoulders as well how close your left arm is to your chest than your right. Generally your dominant arm pulls in closer to the body and the other is a bit looser. Also like I said your neck, your traps tell all. One of the easiest ways to pick up on someones side dominance in a fight is a quick glance at their traps. Though its not a surefire way.

And yeah your workout is what I meant.
interesting... your talking about trap height? It is weird though because my right side is bigger and stronger than left.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
man it has been rainy and then really nice down here this weekend. The weather can't make up its mind, so I wentand saw a few movies... and I was not disappointed by a single one. Great stuff.

I am going to be hitting the gym up later today on legs.