UKStrength is slicing up some British Beef with IGF-2!

UKStrength

Hey everyone and welcome to my first log on AM :D

After some great advice from the guys over on the Applied Nutriceuticals forum I decided to throw in a run of their IGF-2 to the last few weeks of my cut before I head out to Ibiza for 2 weeks of sun, sea, sand and senioritas! :)

For those who don't know much about IGF-2 there's a great FAQ over in the Applied Nutriceuticals Forums:

I'm planning on running the IGF-2 for the next three weeks and then having a break from any 'special supplements' outside of my staples for two weeks before jumping on a 7 week run of E-Stane (check out that log in June).

I'll try to keep this log as detailed as possible, updating daily for all those AM-obsessed to peruse, ask questions and generally deface (Zero I'm looking at you...;) ) as you will.

Current Goals:
Drop the last few pounds of stubborn fat, leaving me in a 'primed' position for my lean bulk in June after my holiday.

Long term goal:
Compete in my first bodybuilding competition in the UKBBF in 2012 (Classic Bodybuilding Category).

Starting Stats:

Current Weight: 171lb
Height: 5ft 9in
Body fat (not accurate, I'm estimating tentatively at 9-10%)

Measurements:

Chest (measured at nipple level): 40"
Waist (measured at Navel): 32.5"
Right Mid Upper Arm Circumference: 12" :(
Right Upper Leg Circumference: 22"
Right Calf Circumference: 16"

I'll be updating the measurements weekly alongside pictures.

Diet:

My diet is pretty consistent, I've been dropping calories slowly over the last couple of months and now hovering around the 2500-2600 kcal/day territory. I'll probably have to step up the cardio even more or sacrifice some more tasty cals to drop the last few lbs of fat :(

High protein (40% ~250g/day) moderate carbohydrate (30-40%) and moderate/low fat intake (20-30%), I've found this works best for me.

Supplementation:

Daily Multivitamin
4g of high EPA/DHA content fish oil.
Whey protein concentrate
Creatine Monohydrate (currently loading)
AX Perfect Cycle
ZMA
ECA

IGF-2 as directed :)

Notes on supplements:

I was given some nasty liver function test results at the start of the year (high AST and bilirubin) from off the back of my last cycle (Test E) so I've been using AX perfect cycle since to help normalise my liver function. Recent tests came back fine, so all is well :D

Current Training Program:

Monday: Legs and Calves
Tuesday: Chest, Triceps and Forearms
Wednesday: HIIT Cardio
Thursday: Shoulders, Traps and Calves
Friday: Back, biceps and forearms
Saturday: HIIT Cardio
Sunday: AM fasted cardio and rest.

I'm following an amalgamated German Volume / Optimal Volume Training program, hitting each bodypart once per week with extra work for 'lagging' bodyparts.

Fasted cardio every morning or postworkout (depends how tired I am!) consisting of walking either on an incline treadmill or the training partner (dog :))

The HIIT cardio is a calisthenic circuit with skipping in-between to burn extra calories...

150 turns of the rope
20 push ups
10 pullups
10 squat jumps

Rest 30 seconds and repeat another 9 times.

Starting Pictures:

Attachments

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
subbed! :)

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Interesting to see a log of this i'll be watching

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Subbed. I don't know much about IGF-2 (or IGF-1 for that matter). I am curious to see the results this brings you.

UKStrength

Cheers mate ;) Hopefully it'll match up to yours! (If not the E-stane log will!)

Interesting to see a log of this i'll be watching
Yeah there's very little in the way of reviews/logs of IGF-2 so I'll be keen to see how it helps me in these last few weeks.

Subbed. I don't know much about IGF-2 (or IGF-1 for that matter). I am curious to see the results this brings you.
Definitely check out the link to the Applied Nutriceutical FAQ mate, it's wealth of info on the product, but I'll try to keep my log as detailed as you guys need it.

subbed, good luck
Thanks mate ;)

UKStrength

I've updated the first post with some pictures for you all to laugh at! ;)

Day 1

Took my first dosage of IGF-2 this morning (4 caps upon waking), along with my other batch of pills (except the fish oil), my ECA and creatine

Since I had to wait 45mins before eating :( I got on with the fasted cardio, didn't feel any different at all but this stuff isn't supposed to kick in for at least 7 days.

Training: Legs

ATG Back Squats (GVT Style) 10 sets of 10 reps - managed 80kg today
Stiff Leg Barbell Deadlift - 5 sets of 8 reps at 100kg.
Leg Extension - 5 sets of 12-15 reps
Seated Calf Raise - RussianStar style! 75 reps with 60kg

Thoughts on training: This session is grueling at the best of times. Usually if I'm not nearly puking by the 10th set of squats, I'm dragging every last sinew into action for the calf raises!

The session went better than I thought, I managed to push some PRs today even though I've been pretty tired recently, lots of assessment has been due in recently at University so many a late night has been needed. The creatine must be kicking in :)

Diet

Ate a little more than I wanted, (~3000kcal today) but I'll balance it out by the end of the week. Didn't feel particularly hungry today at all.

Mood

Was miserable this afternoon from the tiredness and needed to hit the gym badly, but I'm feeling pretty great now :)

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
In the last picture is that a mattress on the floor? I had no bed and just a mattress for 6 months or so while i took my time decorating my room. It was great, no bed squeaking while shagging lol

Looking solid in those pics too :)

UKStrength

In the last picture is that a mattress on the floor? I had no bed and just a mattress for 6 months or so while i took my time decorating my room. It was great, no bed squeaking while shagging lol
Lol, yeah mate. The folks had 'helpfully' chucked out my bed when I left for university a few years ago. When I came back this year, all I had was a mattress! (a damn comfortable one though :))

Too true on the shagging mate, my attic bedroom is like a sexual boudoir! ;)
Looking solid in those pics too :)
Cheers. I'm feeling 'tiny' at the moment with all this cutting but I think it'll be worth it come June. I've got a long way to go before competing though, I've worked out that I can be a maximum weight of 84kg for my height in my category, that's a lot of muscle to put on yet!

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Looking good mate, lean with pretty good vascularity, I assume you are cutting sice you are taking in 2500cals a day.

UKStrength

Looking good mate, lean with pretty good vascularity, I assume you are cutting sice you are taking in 2500cals a day.
Cheers mate. Yeah I am, trying to shift the last of the fat before heading off to the sunny isle! :cool:

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
In.

Id say 7lbs and your going to be lean and mean.

3kcal on a cut? You bastard, if i looked at that amount of cals on a cut id gain 2lbs.

UKStrength

In for the ride, and to avoid low tide!
I expect some smut in here at some point, the theme is Ibiza girls...do with that as you will ;)

In.

3kcal on a cut? You bastard, if i looked at that amount of cals on a cut id gain 2lbs.
I always go with the cardio in the initial stages of a cut, adding in the extra HIIT sessions, then cardio post workout, finally fasted cardio in the am.

Then when I really cannot do anymore cardio or its affecting my lifting ability I start to cut the calories, I personally feel this avoids much of the 'rebound' effect when you come to bulk again (people adding insane amounts of weight as the calories increase), as cardio helps with repartitioning of the nutrients you give your body.

Plus it lets you eat like a horse for longer :)

in over here.........best of luck
Cheers mate, glad to have you aboard.

rbuecker

rbuecker

Awards
  • Established
subbed! this is going to be a great log, can't wait to watch it take shape!

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah no doubt on the "rebound" comment, for me the days of bulking and cutting are over, its gotten me in more messes than i can count in the quest to be a mass monsters.

Nothing but quality mass from here on out, that is when i can see some fking abs :D

7lbs, a few cheeky sunbed sessions and a naughty smile and those chicks wont know what hit them on the golden sands.

Any structure to your rep scheme ?

I did GVT for a while for various bodyparts, didnt do any harm but i didnt see the benefits, am i right in remembering it should only be used for compound movements? And not biceps curls etc?

My cuts going well, and weirdly im stronger than ever.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just found half a bottle of my own IGF-2 the order day I forgot about. You might notice improved sleep if you take it pre-bed.

2 Q's: How high were your AST levels, and what kind of dog :)

EVILADAMS

EVILADAMS

Awards
  • Established
Sub

UKStrength

Any structure to your rep scheme ?
I tend to use OVT for most of my training (2 exercises back to back, 1 compound, 1 isolation, 5 x 5 rep range) I've found that this allows me to make the best strength gains and still get that time under tension needed for hypertrophy.

I try to periodise my training as much as I can, but I prefer volume training over any other method, get the best gains from it and don't seem to overtrain even though it is pretty taxing on the CNS.

I did GVT for a while for various bodyparts, didnt do any harm but i didnt see the benefits, am i right in remembering it should only be used for compound movements? And not biceps curls etc?
The GVT I use for a few exercises, mainly due to some advice I got some Charles Poliquin at a seminar a few weeks back. He advised throwing in 1 exercise per muscle group using GVT principles (e.g. squat, deadlift, bench) and the rest of the workout do as you please.

It seems to be working nicely so far (strength gains every week) and I'm 'filling out' in all the places I've adopted the principles to (quads, upper chest, back, triceps), even though I'm in a pretty big energy deficit.

He believes it can be used for isolation movements (e.g. curls) but to use common sense and listen to your body, if your joints start to play up, then ease off or try something else as it's pretty intense.

subbed! this is going to be a great log, can't wait to watch it take shape!
Cheers mate, I hope so too! :D

I'm in man...Nice lean Physique already...good work.
Thanks mate, that means a lot coming from yourself. Hopefully I'll be as big as you come my contest in a couple of years.

I just found half a bottle of my own IGF-2 the order day I forgot about. You might notice improved sleep if you take it pre-bed.
I most certainly have! See my day 2 write-up mate :)

2 Q's: How high were your AST levels, and what kind of dog :)
Pretty high. My AST was at 65 and Bilirubin at 15, 3 months after finishing my last cycle (Test E and M-drol), ALT and all other liver function tests were normal.

So I started dosing AX Perfect Cycle again for 6 weeks (was saving it for my E-Stane cycle) and the enzymes returned to just within the normal ranges.

I have a black labrador, she's an old dear now (12 years), best training partner I've ever had :)

Thanks mate.

UKStrength

Day 2

Thoughts on IGF-2:First off I had the BEST night's sleep I've had in ages! I slept so deeply that I've had that horrible 'groggy' feeling when you know you've had a lot of sleep and need a bit more.

No DOMS today in my legs at all, which was really weird considering that workout always gives me crazy DOMS the day after...

Libido is about the same, still a sexual animal :)

Training: Chest, triceps and forearms

Chest:

Incline Dumbell Bench: 10 x 10; 10,10,10,10,10,10,8,7,6,6 (26kg DB)
Flat Dumbell Press: 5 x 5, 5,5,5,5,5 (34kg DB)
...superset with Dumbell Flies: 5 x 5; 6,6,6,6,6 (17.5kg DB)

Triceps:

Decline EZ-bar Tricep Extensions: 5 x 6-8; 9,7,7,7,6 (EZ Bar + 25kg)
V-Bar Tricep Cable Extensions: 5 x 8-12; 12,12,8,8,8 (30kg)

Forearms

Reverse EZ Bar Curl: 3 x 6-8; 7,6,6 (EZ bar + 25kg)
Reverse Cable Curl: 3 x 6-8; 9,8,7 (35kg)
...superset with Seated Zottman Curls: 3 x 6-8; 7,6,6 (8kg DB)
Barbell Shrug Hold: 3 x 12-15; 15,15,15 (70kg)

Comments on training:

This session was ridiculous! I can't be sure that the IGF-2 has kicked in yet but I had the most unbelievable pump in the gym, I seriously haven't had pumps like this since I was on Test. All I can say is Creatine never gives me pumps like I felt today, awesome workout, can't wait for Thursday :)

I did split my morning dosage of IGF-2 up (2 caps in the AM and 2 caps 45mins pre-workout) as recommended by the reps, could this have had an effect? I might try taking it all in the morning and see if the pumps are any different.

Diet: Really on point today, should hit 2600kcal by the end of the night, I'm not liking the taking IGF-2 on an empty stomach and waiting for a meal currently but I'll muscle it out.

Testosterone Booster of the day:​

Ibiza Tune of the Day: Operation Blade - Public Domain​

EVILADAMS

EVILADAMS

Awards
  • Established
I would do everything to her ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

simmons

simmons

Awards
  • Established
In on this one. Nice log so far. Make Captain Britain proud. ;)

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
The first chick was a beaut.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey everyone and welcome to my first log on AM :D

Current Training Program:

Monday: Legs and Calves
Tuesday: Chest, Triceps and Forearms
Wednesday: HIIT Cardio
Thursday: Shoulders, Traps and Calves
Friday: Back, biceps and forearms
Saturday: HIIT Cardio
Sunday: AM fasted cardio and rest.
Hiya, Rick, I'll be watching. Not sure how you can say that you're "resting" whilst still doing cardio on Sunday. Your body DOES need a day COMPLETELY OFF (trust me, I know; I used to train EVERY day until I was FORCED to take a day off every 6-8 weeks or so; now I'm scheduling in a complete day off ALL training, and hoping my body responds well).

IGF-2 and IGF-1 are two completely DIFFERENT things. IGF-2 is a natural herbal testosterone and GH booster. IGF-1 is one of the Insulin-Like Growth Factors, a hormone in the body.

Yeah there's very little in the way of reviews/logs of IGF-2 so I'll be keen to see how it helps me in these last few weeks.
There's actually been quite a few logs that have included/run IGF-2, including my own, craigmatthew, metroba, Chub, SamBoz19, to name a few.

Since I had to wait 45mins before eating :( I got on with the fasted cardio, didn't feel any different at all but this stuff isn't supposed to kick in for at least 7 days.
You'll find that it kicks in much earlier than this (try a few days), especially re sleep, decreased DOMS, pumps, and strength, etc.

In.

LOL. If you train hard and intense enough, then you can cut on that much :D

Then when I really cannot do anymore cardio or its affecting my lifting ability I start to cut the calories, I personally feel this avoids much of the 'rebound' effect when you come to bulk again (people adding insane amounts of weight as the calories increase), as cardio helps with repartitioning of the nutrients you give your body.

Plus it lets you eat like a horse for longer :)
True that. By consuming the same calories, but increasing intensity or duration of exercise (i.e. adding in cardio), then you can lose the fat withOUT depriving your body.

Day 2

Thoughts on IGF-2:First off I had the BEST night's sleep I've had in ages! I slept so deeply that I've had that horrible 'groggy' feeling when you know you've had a lot of sleep and need a bit more.

No DOMS today in my legs at all, which was really weird considering that workout always gives me crazy DOMS the day after...

Comments on training:

This session was ridiculous! I can't be sure that the IGF-2 has kicked in yet but I had the most unbelievable pump in the gym, I seriously haven't had pumps like this since I was on Test. All I can say is Creatine never gives me pumps like I felt today, awesome workout, can't wait for Thursday :)

I did split my morning dosage of IGF-2 up (2 caps in the AM and 2 caps 45mins pre-workout) as recommended by the reps, could this have had an effect? I might try taking it all in the morning and see if the pumps are any different.
Sleep is good.

And yay, you're feeling the elimination of DOMS already (that's one of my favourite effects).

Splitting the dosage into three (instead of only two) on resistance training days and having a dose before the gym definitely makes a difference.

Keep going strong, Rick. If you have any questions I am here.

UKStrength

Hiya, Rick, I'll be watching. Not sure how you can say that you're "resting" whilst still doing cardio on Sunday. Your body DOES need a day COMPLETELY OFF (trust me, I know; I used to train EVERY day until I was FORCED to take a day off every 6-8 weeks or so; now I'm scheduling in a complete day off ALL training, and hoping my body responds well).
Yeah I know...I'm terrible for taking time off, I shall force myself to have that Sunday as a complete rest day from training.

Sleep is good.
The sleep is frigging amazing Rosie! I can't wait to hit the pillow tonight! :) For someone who suffers from periods of insomnia, it's a godsend.

And yay, you're feeling the elimination of DOMS already (that's one of my favourite effects).
So soon? I'm pretty impressed if it's kicked in that quickly, although I can't really put it down to anything else.

Splitting the dosage into three (instead of only two) on resistance training days and having a dose before the gym definitely makes a difference.
Sweet. I'll scrap the idea of trying out different dosing protocols then! :D

Keep going strong, Rick. If you have any questions I am here.
Thanks Rosie, you're a legend.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So soon? I'm pretty impressed if it's kicked in that quickly, although I can't really put it down to anything else.

Sweet. I'll scrap the idea of trying out different dosing protocols then! :D
Re DOMS, yes, it works that soon! The first time I used IGF-2 my DOMS was eliminated by day 3! And every time I have even a week off it I notice the difference and can't wait to be on it again!

Re dosing, we gave you the dosing/timing protocol that we did because it's the most EFFECTIVE.

UKStrength

Your arms look bigger than 12 inches.
You're too kind mate :) If I used the 'Grecian Ideal' proportions this is what I should be:

Chest: 43 inches
Waist: 30 inches
Hip: 37 inches
Bicep: 15 inches
Forearm: 12 inches
Thigh: 23 inches
Calve: 15 inches
Neck: 16 inches

(Source:http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson207.htm)

I've got a bit of way to go yet in the arm department! Although my legs are almost there :)

I think I could skip my DTH today lol ^.^
Mate if she trained in my gym there'd be no need for 'anabolics' anymore! :)

In on this one. Nice log so far. Make Captain Britain proud. ;)
Will do sir :D

The first chick was a beaut.
Cheers, there's plenty more, stay tuned...;)

spearfisher

spearfisher

Awards
Sweet, I'll be interested to see how things go for you. I've been a lifter for a long time but recently got stuck in an "academic rut". All books and no weights :( I'm starting to get back in the gym again and was toying with the idea of getting some IGF2. Looking forward to seeing how it goes for you. Good luck with it! Time to hit the books again. You'd think with all the mental excercise I'd have a bigger brain...........

UKStrength

Sweet, I'll be interested to see how things go for you. I've been a lifter for a long time but recently got stuck in an "academic rut". All books and no weights :( I'm starting to get back in the gym again and was toying with the idea of getting some IGF2. Looking forward to seeing how it goes for you. Good luck with it! Time to hit the books again. You'd think with all the mental excercise I'd have a bigger brain...........
Welcome to AM mate :)

I can completely sympathise with you being a student myself, it's hard juggling the training and studying sometimes but I just prioritise it over anything else I have planned.

Definitely stick around mate, it's early days yet but I'm really liking IGF-2 already!

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Whoa im late! I was gonna say lets get this bxtch rollin but it looks like the train left without me! But im all caught up to speed and ready to enjoy the show!

Good luck UK and thanks for the invite my brotha!

UKStrength

Whoa im late! I was gonna say lets get this bxtch rollin but it looks like the train left without me! But im all caught up to speed and ready to enjoy the show!

Good luck UK and thanks for the invite my brotha!
No worries mate, glad to have you aboard ;)

UKStrength

Day 3

Thoughts on IGF-2: Holy mother of insomnia I had the best nights' sleep in about 3 years!:)

I slept for 8 hours solid, something I've not done since I was on prescribed sleeping pills (had an acute bout of insomnia a few years back). I woke up feeling fresh and regenerated, with virtually no DOMS in my chest after my brutal session on Tuesday. After practically 'skipping' along during my morning cardio (my dog was looking at me with a :wtf1: expression the entire time), I've felt awesome all day long.

Dare I say it (might be the better lighting in my bathroom) but I'm sure I looked a little leaner in the midsection, lower abs are starting to 'peek' through. We'll know for sure next week when the measurements and next photos are in.

Training: HIIT Cardio

Today was my Jump Rope HIIT cardio session, A.K.A. '10 minutes in hell' it consisted of 10 sets of the following circuit with 30 seconds rest in-between. If 'training' twice a day I always keep the sessions as far away from each other as possible (e.g. morning fasted cardio and late afternoon HIIT) and dose my ECA at least 2 hours prior to the HIIT cardio. So far I've never had any cardio-pulmonary problems (touches wood).

150 turns of the rope - Virtually on-the-spot sprinting, boxing style :D
20 pushups - These felt easy, I exploded through them.
10 Pullups - Didn't quite make 10 each set (10,10,10,8,8,7,7,7,6,5)
10 squat jumps - Again these felt easy, got loads of height (might change these to box jumps on saturday).

Thoughts on training:Unbelieveable...I haven't felt this good during cardio literally since I was on Test. I can only describe the feeling as 'euphoric', when you're so tired from the training but it feels so good that you wish it could go on all night! It's definitely not the ECA since I've been on it for weeks, all I can put it down to is the IGF-2.

I didn't split my dosage of IGF-2 today and took all 4 caps this morning before morning cardio, to be honest I forgot and just ate all the caps before remembering. I shall divide them up at my next HIIT session and see how that feels...

My ECA is running out, (probably have about anther 3-4 days worth) so I'll literally just be on IGF-2 for the rest of the cycle. To be honest I'm quite looking forward to it, as I feel pretty burnt out from all that constant stimulation.

Diet:Awesome today :) Hit my macros and calories easily and haven't felt hungry at all really (others have reported increased hunger on IGF-2). Perhaps this will change as the cycle goes on. I'll be maintaining my 2500-2600kcal intake for the rest of this week and dropping the cals again (by a fraction) if there's no change in the measurements.

Testosterone Booster of The Day​

Ibiza Tune of the Day: Ebeneezer Goode - The Shamen

YouTube - THE SHAMEN - Ebeneezer Goode

Has anyone got any Veras? ;)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I didn't split my dosage of IGF-2 today and took all 4 caps this morning before morning cardio, to be honest I forgot and just ate all the caps before remembering. I shall divide them up at my next HIIT session and see how that feels...
If you DON'T do resistance training (i.e. only cardio), then you dose as you did, with 4 caps first thing in the morning, and 4 caps last thing at night (the 3 caps first thing, 3 caps 40 min pre-gym, and 2 caps last thing at night, is only for resistance training days).

UKStrength

If you DON'T do resistance training (i.e. only cardio), then you dose as you did, with 4 caps first thing in the morning, and 4 caps last thing at night (the 3 caps first thing, 3 caps 40 min pre-gym, and 2 caps last thing at night, is only for resistance training days).
Oh right, my bad. I did 2 caps in the morning, 2 caps before resistance training and then 4 caps at night yesterday (Tuesday).

I'll change it to the protocol you suggested for tomorrow's shoulders session :)

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
lookin good man, glad to see you likin the igf-2, seems to be a solid product

UKStrength

lookin good man, glad to see you likin the igf-2, seems to be a solid product
Definitely is mate, had some weird experiences last night that I'll post in my update tonight. Glad you're tagging along.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Definitely is mate, had some weird experiences last night that I'll post in my update tonight. Glad you're tagging along.
weird experiences huh...I know of certain experiences IGF-2 causes....*look ma, the circus is in town!*

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dreams or libido? :006: :lick:

UKStrength

Day 4

Just got back from the cinema to see 'Angels and Demons' - not bad, get it on DVD is all I'll say (was worth it for the transformers 2 trailer, giant Megan Fox...:684:)

Thoughts on IGF-2: I have to say I'm more 'bemused' than anything else! Last night's sleep was weird, for a start I kept waking up randomly from very lucid dreams, but every time I put my head back on the pillow I fell into very deep sleep almost instantaneously! Only to wake up about an hour later!

Strangely enough in the morning I didn't feel tired at all, not as refreshed as the previous night but certainly not knackered as usual. Hopefully I won't get the same strange sleep patterns tonight.

On a brighter note, the libido enhancing effects have kicked in with the force of tornado! :D Every girl I walked past today went up about 3 points higher on the hotness scale than usual! Mood has just been great all day long

Muscle soreness continues to be minimal, even after a serious HIIT session yesterday I hardly feel any discomfort today at all.

I used the protocol for dosing as Rosie suggested (3 in the AM, 3 prior to training and just popped 2 now before bed), I'll see if that makes a difference to the sleep patterns.

Training: Shoulders, Traps and Calves

Everything in this workout is supersetted, so A2 immediately follows A1 etc. It's a beast of a workout and intense.

Shoulders and Traps

A1 Dumbell Shoulder Press: 4 x 6-8, 10,9,8,6, (30kg DB)
A2 Dumbell Seated Shrug: 4 x 6-8, 8,7,7,7 (50kg DB)
B1 Lateral Raise: 4 x 12-15, 16,16,16,16 (12kg DB)
B2 Behind the back Barbell Shrug: 4 x 6-8, 8,8,8,8, (125kg)
C1 Lying Lateral Raise: 4 x 12-15, 13,13,13,13 (10kg DB)
C2 Close Grip Barbell Shrug: 4 x 12-15, 14,14,14,14 (85kg)
D1 Reverse DB Fly: 4 x 12-15, 15,15,15,15 (10kg DB)
D2 Neutral Grip Shoulder Press: 4 x 6-8, 10,8,8,7 (22kg DB)

Calves

RussianStar's Calve routine of madness! 75 reps at 60kg (seated calf machine).

Thoughts on Training: Training was awesome again today, intense and I just flew through the exercises (especially the calf routine!). I normally find this workout really taxing and I'm drained by the end of the session, but today I wasn't.

I seriously can't wait for the deadlifts tomorrow, the IGF-2 has had time to kick in now so I want to break new ground and increase the weight for this exercise (not managed so far).

Diet: Again, oddly enough I don't feel very hungry. I'm pretty ravenous most of the time so to not be constantly craving extra food during my cut is unheard of! I seem to be getting satisfied quicker at a meal, so I hit my calories and macros pretty easily today again :) Was feeling quite thirsty today for some reason, can't pin it down to anything though.

Note: Trident Chocolate-mint sugarfree gum is amazing!

Testosterone Booster of the day

Ibiza Tune of the Day: Insomnia - Faithless​

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1hzXKcQrg0"]YouTube - Faithless - Insomnia[/nomedia]​

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thoughts on IGF-2: I have to say I'm more 'bemused' than anything else! Last night's sleep was weird, for a start I kept waking up randomly from very lucid dreams, but every time I put my head back on the pillow I fell into very deep sleep almost instantaneously! Only to wake up about an hour later!

Strangely enough in the morning I didn't feel tired at all, not as refreshed as the previous night but certainly not knackered as usual. Hopefully I won't get the same strange sleep patterns tonight.

On a brighter note, the libido enhancing effects have kicked in with the force of tornado! :D Every girl I walked past today went up about 3 points higher on the hotness scale than usual! Mood has just been great all day long

Muscle soreness continues to be minimal, even after a serious HIIT session yesterday I hardly feel any discomfort today at all.

I used the protocol for dosing as Rosie suggested (3 in the AM, 3 prior to training and just popped 2 now before bed), I'll see if that makes a difference to the sleep patterns.
Lucid dreaming is interesting, aye. What else did you do differently yesterday (perhaps that affected your sleep)?

And you know I'm going to say "typical male" and shake my head in disgust re libido.

Great re DOMS.

Not sure that that dosing protocol will do anything different re sleep, since it is so, to get the optimal benefits from training.

UKStrength

Lucid dreaming is interesting, aye. What else did you do differently yesterday (perhaps that affected your sleep)?
I can't think of anything specific really, although I'm not the best subject when it comes to sleep patterns. They tend to be random, with no root cause of insomnia at times. All I can say is that I slept like a baby last night again :), no crazy dreams, libido continues to rage like a perpetually-stoked fire :D

...And you know I'm going to say "typical male" and shake my head in disgust re libido.
Now now Rosie, let's be fair ;) I'm pretty sure you'd be more worried if I had no libido eh?

Great re DOMS.
You're telling me :) Foam rolling + IGF-2 = ultimate DOMS recovery stack!