AE's Gaining Gold and Keeping the Joints working (sponsored)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Let me first thank RR and Controlled Labs as well as CC and Forged for this opportunity. What a wonderful day it has been. I returned home from work getting ready to change and head to the gym, and I was greeted with 2 packages from my friend the UPS man. 1 CL's golden gains and one joint supplement by forged. It is friggin Christmas.

Here is a bit about me:
33 years old, 6' 208lbs. Been on a lean bulk the last month and a half, and up about 7-9lbs depending on the water :)

Current supplements (changed a bit recently for $$$ reasons):
ATW WPI CPBC
Orange Triad
IBE Reverse
White Flood
Bulk Fish Oil

About 3 weeks ago, decided I wanted to go back to powerlifting and am scheduled to compete again in October, so I changed the split a great deal, and have seen phenomenal results thus far.

Split
Sunday: Heavy chest/Tri's
Monday: Back
Tuesday: off
Wednesday: Upper Chest
Thursday: Back (focus on deads)
Friday: Shoulders
Saturday: Legs

Also, 7 days a week I am at the gym very early in the am (prior to 5am) for cardio. Right now it has been approximately 40 minutes of reclined bike as the treadmill has screwed up an already bad ankle.

So here is how today went

Seated Military press (10 sets) 255lbs 2 reps
BTN press (2 sets) 175lbs 5 reps
Reverse peck deck (12 sets) 3 giant sets 4 weights each 90,75,60,45lbs
BTB BB shrugs (8 sets) 405lbs 5 reps
Incline Bench leaning laterals (5 sets) 20lbs

Half way through the workout I started drinking the GG. Interesting flavor, not so much Apple Pie IMO, more fruity. Taste is fine, and mixes fairly easily. The only issue from day 1 was you can tell that there is an oat content. It was a tad grainy, however, if you have ever used oats, than no real surprises there.

Really looking forward to seeing how both of these together work in. Tomorrow with legs will be an interesting challenge. Will be posting pics in a few minutes as well, as I am curious how this works with the lean bulk.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If anyone knows how to resize the pics, please let me know. Struggling mightly

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just an update from the morning. Hit the bike at an incline of 6% for 40 minutes. Feels much better on the bike than treadmill, as it allows me to walk without a limp afterward. Will be heading back this afternoon for legs :woohoo:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A bit late of a response but here was leg day

Back Squats 10 sets: 2 sets @ 315
Front Squats 5 sets: 155lbs
Leg Press 5 sets: 495lbs

Seated calf raises 7 sets: 2 45's 25 reps per set
Standing calf raises 10 sets: 110, 80, 50lbs in giant set form

Felt good, and started with the Golden Gains 3/4 way through the workout. Felt good and not as fatigued

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did my normal bike routine this am and will be heading back by 1pm for chest/tris

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
In!!! This is looking great so far... :D

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks man, and thanks for the GG.

HEre was todays Chest/Tris day

Flat BP (10 sets) 335lbs 2 reps
Incline BP (5 sets) 295lbs 2 reps
Floor Press (8 sets) 300lbs 1 rep (i was dying at this point)

Reverse grip 2 hand pulldowns (5 sets) 110lbs
2arm db extensions (5 sets) 85lbs
CG BP (5 sets) 255lbs 3 reps

I actually used a sample of BSN's volumaize intra workout, which pushed the GG totally post. Saw nothing from volumaize btw.

Some thoughts
Ankle is still struggling, however tenderness in my right elbowis not as bad so maybe the Forged is working. Also, on the GG front, my recovery seems pretty good, not sore from leg day at all

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
man I wish my GG came already! I am so excited to try it. I love apple pie flavored stuff!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the flavor is interesting, it is not so much apple pie, but more so very fruit like

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ok, somewhat abbreviated today as had meetings after work which just suck

hit the bike for 40 minutes early this am, god mondy mornings suck

got back to the gym around 4:30 for back

BB Rows (8 sets) 245lbs 5 reps
Wide grip chins (5 sets) bw
HS tbar rows (6 sets) 3 45's
BTN NG pulldowns (5 sets) 195lbs
Hyperextensions (5 sets) 45lbs plate

Felt good, however here in Pa we are hitting 92 degrees, and the gym didnt have the air on. Whoa!!!

Overall feeling pretty good. No major joint issues, although my ankle certainly likes to let me know it is there.

In terms of GG, started drinking 3/4 of the way through the workout, and felt good with it. The flavor is starting to work for me now. Not gonna lie, the first day the flavor was a tad disappointing.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
like GFH, the flavor will grow on you. play with the water / scoops to find your sweet spot

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's my plan. I actually just had some on my off day as an afternoon snack. Quite enjoyable.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Love the PL'ing-induced camel traps, AE!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks man. I actually got stopped at walmart while out with my daughter about my traps. Guy wanted a break down of all the exercises I do.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just a little aside, it has been 5 days with GG and I am noticing some stomach discomfort, and greater frequency running to the toilet. In fact, just had to (and I mean had to) use immodium. Might be the Concentrate.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chest and Bi's

Had a ral nice workout today, coupled with a little incline pr

Incline BP (10 sets) 315lbs 3 reps :woohoo:
Flat BP (8 sets) 315lbs 2 reps (I was spent)
Incline flys (5 sets) 75lbs

Hammer curls (5 sets) 55lbs
BB curls (5 sets) 115lbs
Hero curls (5 sets) 60lbs

Felt very good. In terms of joint issues, feel great outside of the ankle, which is still tender and a tad unreliable. Drank GG totally post workout. All things are a go there, if I could just get my stomach to tolerate it :(

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just got back from a a back workout where I should have gotten a DL pr but lost focus and blew it

DL (10 sets) missed 450 2x however blew up 425 for an easy 2 :aargh:
Weighted chins (5 sets) 35-45lbs
1arm cable rows (5 sets) 100lbs
BTN pull downs (5 sets) 190lbs
2arm seated cable rows (5 sets) 225lbs

Felt great, just lost focus, also forgot my ipod as I was rushing from a meeting at work and it totally threw me off. Son of a @#$%^

Feel great otherwise, still slight stomach discomfort from GG, however immodium is a sweet thing

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had a great shoulder workout.

Seated MP (10 sets) 255lbs 2 reps :woohoo:
BTN PRess (5 sets) 175lbs 5 reps
BTB BB Shrugs (8 sets) 405lbs 8 reps
Reverse Peck deck (8 sets) 90-45lbs
Side cable laterals (5 sets) 40lbs

Felt great, really never got tired and stayed strong pretty much throughout.

Joints feel great!!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Leg day

Damn do I hate leg day, but feeling good afterward. It seems that 1. squatting in my wrestling shoes seemed to give more support, 2. the joint support is qorking well, and 3. my ankle as a result of the previous 2 seems to be better (somewhat)

Quads
Back squats (10 sets) 365lbs 3 reps (deep ones)
Front Squats (5 sets) 175lbs 5 reps
Leg press (5 sets) 495lbs

Hams
Stiff leg DL (5 sets) 185lbs
Seated leg curls (5 sets) 130lbs (favorite ham exercise)

Calves
Seated calf raises (5 sets)
Leg press machine calf ext. (5 sets) 495lbs

Felt strong throughout. Am sipping GG right now. I have noticed that I am staying fairly strong throughout the workouts, not fatiguing as easily.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
got back from chest day, got fatigued early in the workout which is not typical for me

Flat BP (10 sets) 355 2 reps (struggled)
Incline BP (8 sets) 305 2 reps
Floor Press (8 sets) 275 5 reps

Tri's
Close grip BP (5 sets) 225lbs 10 reps
2arm reverse pulldowns (5 sets) 120lbs
2arm db extensions (5 sets) 90lbs

I am completely wiped out, in fact, I feel like I could take a nap. Put up decent #'s, however not too sure if fatigue was holding me back (most likely)

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Try drinking the GG slower to avoid GI problems. YOu don't have to chug it all post workout

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Great log. I hope you can tolerate the GG.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks SS, seems to be holding better now. Just might have taken my body some time to adjust

Here is my back workout from today.
Weighted chins (5 sets) 45lbs
Barn doors (5 sets) 110lbs
Rack pulls (6 sets) 515lbs
BB Rows (5 sets) 225lbs
Front pulldowns (5 sets) 240lbs

Felt good, very strong (for me). All things moving along nicely. As requested by RR, sipping my GG right now

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
alright, just a quick update. I was finally able to get on the treadmill this am, as my ankle has felt much, much better. Did 36 minutes at 15% incline and 4.5mph. A nice rapid walk, which gave a good sweat. Joint support, I love you :)

Regarding GG, I have 3 more days left, after which I will put up a final, in depth review of the product.

Will post again after upper chest today

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok just got back a bit ago from chest and bi's. Feeling good but tired.

Incline BP (10 sets) 325lbs 2 reps :woohoo:
Flat BP (5 sets) 315lbs 4 reps
Leaning BW dips (5 sets)

BB Curls (5 sets) 115lbs 6 reps
Machine preacher hammers (5 sets) 120lbs

Felt good and strong, and was thrilled with 325 on the incline, that is huge for me.

The GGS was sipped post workout, and what looks like 2 more days left.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Ok just got back a bit ago from chest and bi's. Feeling good but tired.

Incline BP (10 sets) 325lbs 2 reps :woohoo:
Flat BP (5 sets) 315lbs 4 reps
Leaning BW dips (5 sets)

BB Curls (5 sets) 115lbs 6 reps
Machine preacher hammers (5 sets) 120lbs

Felt good and strong, and was thrilled with 325 on the incline, that is huge for me.

The GGS was sipped post workout, and what looks like 2 more days left.
Nice numbers bro. 325 incline is TIGHT!!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks man, I was thrilled. the only thing that sucks is that my flat is not very far ahead of my incline, I just always feel more comfortable on the incline, and my competition in october doesnt ask for incline, damn it

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
thanks man, I was thrilled. the only thing that sucks is that my flat is not very far ahead of my incline, I just always feel more comfortable on the incline, and my competition in october doesnt ask for incline, damn it
I was the same way for a long time, better incline. Its better for building anyway, but your in a power meet no?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yep in oct, working my butt off on flat, but the gains are all incline. I was happy though, as I still only weigh in around 206-208

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
good log my friend, keep it up, rs

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
so does the 8sets of 2-3 reps help that much on size or is it only strength increases?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am noticing more with strength, however, the size issue seems to be more so with a bit of thickness. Not visibly noticeable, but more in feel of clothes if that makes sense

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here is my back day, and more red badge of courage on my left shin :)

DL (10 sets) 450 for an easy 1 :woohoo:
Power Cleans (5 sets) 135 (first time doing this in years)
BB Rows (5 sets) 225lbs
BTN Neutral grip pulldowns (5 sets) 210lbs

Stayed strong throughout, and felt great. Really took my time on deads, and kept saying over and over to tuck my a$$ (sounds so wrong). Also, my work with my grip is successful as well as I used no straps or hooks. Stayed light on power cleans as I am really trying to work my form, and not do too much right away.

1 more day of GGS as well, but feeling good across the board. I will have a final review tomorrow night of GGS.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Here is my back day, and more red badge of courage on my left shin :)

DL (10 sets) 450 for an easy 1 :woohoo:
Power Cleans (5 sets) 135 (first time doing this in years)
BB Rows (5 sets) 225lbs
BTN Neutral grip pulldowns (5 sets) 210lbs

Stayed strong throughout, and felt great. Really took my time on deads, and kept saying over and over to tuck my a$$ (sounds so wrong). Also, my work with my grip is successful as well as I used no straps or hooks. Stayed light on power cleans as I am really trying to work my form, and not do too much right away.

1 more day of GGS as well, but feeling good across the board. I will have a final review tomorrow night of GGS.
Looking good brother!!I know what you mean by fuller in clothes. When i ran a 20 rep squat routine with all my compounds heavy and short reps, i felt same way. Not to hijack but i pulled 505 for 3 tonite, new pr for me, im feeling pretty good about that.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking good brother!!I know what you mean by fuller in clothes. When i ran a 20 rep squat routine with all my compounds heavy and short reps, i felt same way. Not to hijack but i pulled 505 for 3 tonite, new pr for me, im feeling pretty good about that.
that is a great pull man, congrats. Its funny, I always hated deads, but know as I get more acclimated, I find myself looking forward to them. Go figure

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
that is a great pull man, congrats. Its funny, I always hated deads, but know as I get more acclimated, I find myself looking forward to them. Go figure
I agree. When i was younger, all i cared about was benching and curling,lol. Deads are now my favorite lift, hence my name. Squatting is my close second, then push press. I am not a big fan of the bench, but that could be because its my weak point (315x2).

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it is funny how preferences change

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
it is funny how preferences change
No kiddin. i myself am a bit more interested in power than sculpting right now, but with my shoulder injury, its hard. I am interested in your new product, the 1-andro. Cant wait to see the logs.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No kiddin. i myself am a bit more interested in power than sculpting right now, but with my shoulder injury, its hard. I am interested in your new product, the 1-andro. Cant wait to see the logs.
the overall strength and size gains should be real solid. Additionally, the sides should be quite minimal as well, based on previous user reports

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OK, had a nice shoulder routine today.

Seated BB press (10 sets) 265 for 1 rep :woohoo:
BB Shrugs (7 sets) 495lbs 5 reps
Reverse peck deck (2 giant sets 5 weights per)
Upright rows (5 sets) 135lbs

WIll post final GGS review later tonight. However, I feel good and strong today. Training is moving smoothly which always makes thing easier

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
OK, had a nice shoulder routine today.

Seated BB press (10 sets) 265 for 1 rep :woohoo:
BB Shrugs (7 sets) 495lbs 5 reps
Reverse peck deck (2 giant sets 5 weights per)
Upright rows (5 sets) 135lbs

WIll post final GGS review later tonight. However, I feel good and strong today. Training is moving smoothly which always makes thing easier
dude, 265 for 1? Damn, thats impressive.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks man, I have gone as high as 275 for 1, but I weighed in the 230's at the time. Right now only about 208

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Final Reivew

Well, now that I have finished my 15 days of Golden Gains, lets take a look at my final analysis.

Taste
If I would have been asked about this after the first day, in all honesty I would have gone with a rating of about 4 out of 10. However, over the 15 days the taste truly does endear itself to you in a very positive way. My only complaint in this regard is that to me, it did not taste like apple pie. It had a much more fruity taste.
Rating: 8 out of 10

Mixability
This has its positives and negatives. The only negative imo was the oats. Anyone familiar with oats in a shake knows that the oats have a tendency to settle at the bottom of the cup. Even with a blender bottle, golden gains is no different. On the flip side, if you give a fairly constant shake while drinking, it stays well mixed and goes down easy
Rating: 9 out of 10

Effectiveness
This is a tricky one for me. It is truly very difficult to get a gauge of how effective a product is in 2 weeks. The only thing I can say is that I did feel strong while on it, and my recovery never seemed to take any step back.
Not enough time for rating

Extras
My biggest issue with GGS is the use of concentrate. For those of you like me, concentrate forces a very rapid run to the bathroom, and sadly GGS was no different. Another aspect of concern will be the price per serving. Since the container is only 15 servings, it is imperative that this be cost effective. Based on the CL website, it is listed at a staggering $72.99, however I imagine that once it is out of the GNC exclusive, the price will be much more moderate.
Rating 6 out of 10

Overall
CL has created a unique product here, and one that is worth a shot for many once the price becomes more reasonable. I want to thank RR for giving me the opportunity to log this, as even with the stomach issues, I did enjoy my time with GGS.
Final Rating:7.6 out of 10

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I forgot to mention, I will keep this log up with weekly updates based on my continued use of Forged Joint Support

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Nice review, i agree, hard to ascertain results from a pwo supp in 2 weeks. I take dark matter right now, i am just starting to see a jump in recovery.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it is difficult, 2 weeks is not enough time