Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.78%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I've taken today off as well, and I believe I will be discontinuing this stack indeffinitely (for the time being)

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.32%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Sorry to hear that Natty...
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.78%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I've debated on whether or not to post up the reasons why. This product is obviously quality, it's treated a lot of people very well, if you're looking for a fat burner that doesn't make you jittery or anything I would still suggest giving it a try.

However, while on it, I was incredibly stressed out (I don't want to say it was sx's fault but I've been off of it for two days now and I'm back to normal) I couldn't sleep, and I had zero appetite suppression. As i've said before I think it actually made me hungrier. However I did lose 15 pounds in 5 days on it, I can't say it was all water because I was still drinking 2 gallons a day, and taking upwards of 5 grams of creatine a day.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.3%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by natty texan View Post
    Update: I've lost 12 pounds so far. (today's the fifth day)

To give ya'll an idea of just how opposite my appetite suppression has been, I had packed about 3 pounds of chicken to get me through the day. I also packed a cup of rice a sweet potato and some fruit.

I ate it all for lunch, an hour ago, and I'm hungry again.

like hungry hungry, stomach growling, wanna go to a chinese buffet hungry.

I was up untill 3:30 last night, staying awake through 5 grams of gaba, somnidren, zmk, 3 mg of melatonin, nocturnabol and an otc sleep aid.
    all of that actually made me decide to get back on an all natural sleep cycle, so i may have to bump the dosage down tomorrow. I'm going to do extra cardio tonight, so we'll see.
    damn bro, what time are u taking the slimx? keeping you up that late isnt what you want i assume. But anyways, 3 pounds of chicken will definitely keep the muscle looking good, and 12 pounds down is pretty damn significant!
    Get your FREE RIPPED GUIDE

www.newstarathletics.com/rippedfree
  5. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.98%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 0-hero View Post
    Really? What kind of symptoms did you have?

Leathargy and short temper dont sound like hypo to me but i may be off.
    Tell that to a diabetic, who hasn't eaten after their humalog shot.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  6. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.98%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I ended up staying up untill 5 before I finally gave in and took a sleep aid.

I'm not taking any S.X. today to try to get back on a good sleep cycle.
    That's always been my problem with designing a stimulant product; there is such a wide variety of tolerances. If it's getting to the point where it's messing with your daily life, definitely lay off for a little bit or at least regroup. Based on what's been reported in this log, 12lbs in 5 days? That's a lot. That's like clen-caliber weightloss. One thing you could try is to take once every other day, or every two days, as not to continuously mess with your sleep cycles, but still create an appreciable weightloss. This has been what I've been doing: not taking it every day. This helps me get more mileage from a bottle, maintain tolerance (or protect against withdrawals), and catch up on my sleep.

Be careful when mixing sleep aids and stimulants. Taking too much of a sleep aid can cause the opposite response, making it harder to fall asleep.

As for the appetite suppression, it seems to be a hit or miss. From my experience, it seemed to come and go. My theory behind it is that appetite suppression might be correlated with glycogen storage. Low carb diets have always suffered from this, as low glycogen necessitates the need for other energy sources, such as food energy. In the case of taking a strong stimulant, stimulants work by converting glycogen to glucose for which to use for energy. What seems to be happening is your body rips through all of its stored glycogen very quickly, and needs to refuel.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  7. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.3%

Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    Based on what's been reported in this log, 12lbs in 5 days? That's a lot. That's like clen-caliber weightloss.

Be careful when mixing sleep aids and stimulants. Taking too much of a sleep aid can cause the opposite response, making it harder to fall asleep.

Agreed on the weightloss in 5 days... thats not all fat, maybe 1-2 lbs of it is fat... most the rest would be water, possibly lowered glycogen if youve been a)eating less carbs or b) been more active with the same diet...

Also agreed on the sleep aids.... Ive taken too much melatonin and gaba before and actually could NOT fall asleep... it messed my sleep pattern for days

8. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.98%

Quote Originally Posted by sublimejeh View Post
    Agreed on the weightloss in 5 days... thats not all fat, maybe 1-2 lbs of it is fat... most the rest would be water, possibly lowered glycogen if youve been a)eating less carbs or b) been more active with the same diet...

Also agreed on the sleep aids.... Ive taken too much melatonin and gaba before and actually could NOT fall asleep... it messed my sleep pattern for days
    I had a LONG conversation with Dr.D a few years ago on this, and tried some experimentation on my own. Too much melatonin becomes an MAOI and stimulant. From my experiences, less is more. If I take 3mg, it's a hit or miss. I cut it in half, and it works a little better. Cut it in half again, and it works wonders.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.78%
    Achievements Posting Pro

thanks for dropping by the log guys.

I've given it some thought, and I think I will go about two weeks off of this stuff to re-right my sleep patterns and get my stress levels back to normal, then start again and keep the dosage down to just one a day. I only upped it to two in hopes of having the appetite "oppression" sam talked about.
  10. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.98%

Hahaha. Yeah, some people get appetite suppression like crazy off the stuff. People like you and me... not so much. I remember when T-AD tried it his first time, it was like anorexia in a bottle for him.

With regards to taking any supplements, I'd rather your safety and to not have them interfere with your life. If you decide to go back on, remember to take it slow, and definitely look into taking days off during the week or on the weekends. From my experience, I still have decent energy on SX-free days and get the chance to catch up on some zzzz's, if I stayed up later the night before.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.44%

natty texan, we are about same weight, i started right off on 2 caps. i am currently prepping for jr. usa's in may, and when i ran my SX i was 6 weeks out from the ronnie coleman classic in TX. on a contest diet, i too didn't notice a drastic suppression in appetite. i chalked this up mainly do to the fact of my meals being so clean, oats, brown rice and sweet potatoes being my source of carbs, with minimal fats. my protein sources consisted of b/s chick. breast, tilapia, ground turkey, and vpx zero carb graham cracker protein. i don't think there is a appetite suppressant product out there that could totally ward of hunger on such a clean diet. so, i decided to refrain on judging the appetite suppressing qualities of SX until a more 'normal' diet is started. the increased energy was there, would take my 2 caps upon waking, on empty stomach, then begin my am cardio session aprox. 1/2 hour later. the energy was noticeable, a steady increase, not a rush or geeked feeling. most noticeable for me was the abiltiy to focus better on the limited grams of carbs i was taking in. for me, when my carbs start dropping over an extended period of time, my concentration, focus, attention span suffer. i didn't feel this while on my cycle of SX. overall, i was very impressed natty, but again, look forward to a cycle while not dieting to compare the results. i think our stats and diet are similar, so i thought this might be helpful. best of luck bro-
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.78%
    Achievements Posting Pro

thanks a lot man. That could help explain it, because that's all I eat. My bulks are extremely clean, the only difference between them and my cuts is one meal taken out and red meat removed.

I would have continued on my cycle had I not had the stress and sleep problems. I don't attribute all the stress on s.x. both of my parents have been in and out of the hospital the last two months, I'm taking 17 hours of class, and working 35 hours a week. I'm already pretty stressed I think it just magnified it.

I'm going to start my cycle again when school gets out for the summer.

I still want to stress to anyone reading this log for research, I think this is a very quality product from a great company. AX has been one of the more helpful companies I've come across. Everything I've seen on SX has been extremely positive which is why I decided to run it over anything else.
  13. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.3%

thanks a lot man. That could help explain it, because that's all I eat. My bulks are extremely clean, the only difference between them and my cuts is one meal taken out and red meat removed.

I would have continued on my cycle had I not had the stress and sleep problems. I don't attribute all the stress on s.x. both of my parents have been in and out of the hospital the last two months, I'm taking 17 hours of class, and working 35 hours a week. I'm already pretty stressed I think it just magnified it.

I'm going to start my cycle again when school gets out for the summer.

I still want to stress to anyone reading this log for research, I think this is a very quality product from a great company. AX has been one of the more helpful companies I've come across. Everything I've seen on SX has been extremely positive which is why I decided to run it over anything else.
    Its too bad those sleep issues had to come into play. Give it another shot in a few weeks if you'd like. Thanks for the feedback!

14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.78%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Alright guys, today was my first day back on it. I set my alarm clock for 6 am, got up and took a cap, and went back to sleep untill 10 am...I wasn't expecting to sleep that long, I thought it would kick in and wake me up long before that haha. I've decided to keep it to just one cap from here on out though to avoid sleep issues.

Today was great. I was well energized all day, didn't wear down at all and I was extremely tempted to do some extra cardio tonight (i would have done it if i weren't cooking all my meals for the week).

I weighed in at 262 today powo so that's a good starting point. I'm pretty soft in the mirror. I've got some slight seperation in my delts, but that's more because I've got very well developed delt's (genetic gift). I've definitely got atleast 15 pounds of fat to lose, most likely more. I'm not dieting for comp or anything, I just need to drop the weight.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.15%

This review makes me think this is not worth $36 a bottle. I wonder if all the 5 stars reviews on Nutraplanet were contrived reviews w. incentive from AX on some thread.
    Last edited by Rough08; 05-04-2009 at 02:10 PM. Reason: wasn't done posting
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.78%
    Achievements Posting Pro

^^ As I've tried to say several times, I've had a lot of crxp going on in my life and I wasn't able to give it my full attention at the time. Don't base your opinion off of one bad review. Search Volcom's SX mini log...
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.78%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Some other factors that could be playing into how this is/was effecting me. I might have CTE...or punch drunk syndrom from all my concussions. Doc's don't know for sure yet but if this is so, it will help explain why slight differences affect my mood so much.

Anyway Day 2 was good. I'm having a much better time on this the second time around than I was the first. My life has been much more stable and I've been able to eat properly! However, the main thing I've noticed while on this is I'm hungrier more often. I attribute this to an increase in metabolism and all the clean food I'm eating. My food has no added spices, not salt's, nothing. I've been flavoring my chicken by cooking it covered in sweet potatoes, fresh pineapple, or fresh chilli's. My once a week cheat meal is a bowl of honey nut cherio's.

I'm semi cross training between football and bodybuilding until we figure out if somethings wrong with my head or I just naturally have a bad memory and depression. If it's CTE or related I'm retired (as I thought i was a month ago) if it's not, I'll play again.
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.78%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Pictures:

Again I have the most fat i've had in years...it's embarrassing me right now actually....so much so I almost didn't post them up.

Front Flexed:

Front Relaxed:

Close up of flexed Delt:

Back Relaxed:

Back Flexed:

Side Relaxed:
    as ya'll can see me and swoll may be the same height and weight, but he's...well swoll. I've got a lot of fat to cut to get back to where I was. (I blew my knee out and spent the following year and a half sitting on the couch. I've been lifting now since March)
  19. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.98%

You've got a journey ahead of you, but if you've got the determination and knowledge to get where you want to go, I think you can do it.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.78%
    Achievements Posting Pro

leg pic.

I'm down to 259 today.

2 1/2 days, 3 pounds. I haven't added much cardio in yet, and i'm still taking creatine mono and drinking 2 gallons of water a day.
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.32%
    Achievements Posting Pro

looking good T!
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.78%
    Achievements Posting Pro

well i had to quit again.

my anxiety shot through the roof again (nothing else i can really blame it on this time) and i've never had anxiety...stress yes, but never anxiety.

Similar Forum Threads

1. SLIM XTREME SX
    By BAMABEAR in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 04:34 PM
  2. Slim Xtreme
    By bigrobbierob in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-11-2009, 09:54 AM
  3. 1 cap of Slim Xtreme
    By Ubiyca in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8