Irish Cannon Gets Knocked Out by MST's Sleep Stack (Sponsored)

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
A huge THANK YOU to CTDeuce and everyone else at Millennium Sport Technologies that made this log possible. I haven't logged for these guys before, but I'm extremely excited to be doing so. I've done quite a few other sponsored logs, as well as personal logs, and I always enjoy sharing my training, diet/nutrition, and any other advice I have.

I'll be logging both Somnidren GH and ZMK.

In the past, I have taken Primaforce ZMA, USPlabs Powerfull, bulk 1-Carboxy, Melatonin, and a few other supplements for sleep aid. I will be comparing the effects of all of this to those of the MST products. I have high hopes for both ZMK and Somnidren; MST is a top-notch company, and the ingredient profile on both of these supplements is awesome.

I've recently been having some on and off sleep issues, and I really hope these products help to fix that. I will be using recommended doses, taken about 45mins before bedtime.

Current Stats:

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 175 lbs
BF%: ~ 9%

If interested in photos, my other log may be found HERE.

Other Supplements:

LG Sciences MMV2
LG Sciences Anadraulic State
NP ATD
Bulk Super Cissus
Bulk SuperSapoins
USP Labs Anabolic Pump
Bulk P-Slin
Controlled Labs Glycer Grow
Universal Nutrition Super Cuts 3
Axis Labs Adipo X
Omega-3
ATW Isolate - Cinnamon Bun
Dymatize Elite 12-hr
Bulk BCAAs
Kwick Karb (WMS)
AST Multi 32x
NOW C-1000 (VitC)
NOW Virgin Coconut Oil

First dosing of both ZMK and Somnidren GH will be tonight!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks, man! Have yo started your first dose yet? I guess I should get in your log, too. :)

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hey! I am in! :D I've been following along your other log quite a bit, as I will be here.

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Nice log man, enjoy :)
I still have my Somnidren GH locked away for a rainy 4 week trial ;)

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey! I am in! :D I've been following along your other log quite a bit, as I will be here.
Always good to have the Babywife in my logs! ;)

Nice log man, enjoy :)
I still have my Somnidren GH locked away for a rainy 4 week trial ;)
Maaaan...I'm about 10 mins away from taking my Somnidren and ZMK! I'm excited...almost a little too excited...I have a feeling that MST is going to quickly become one of my favorite supplement companies. I'm trying to get more into the natural/athletic-based performance supplements, and MST is definitely on the top of the list. I've still yet to try CordygenV02, which I've had my eye on for quite some time.

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
My dad says this helps with sleeping issues...and lots of other issues...

:D

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Always good to have the Babywife in my logs! ;)

Maaaan...I'm about 10 mins away from taking my Somnidren and ZMK! I'm excited...almost a little too excited...I have a feeling that MST is going to quickly become one of my favorite supplement companies. I'm trying to get more into the natural/athletic-based performance supplements, and MST is definitely on the top of the list. I've still yet to try CordygenV02, which I've had my eye on for quite some time.
MST is a good company, that's for sure :)

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
In; the ZMK alone has deeply impressed me. I had dreams on it for almost 3 weeks, whereas I nver dream. Needless to say it has become a staple of mine, I didn't realize there was such a difference between it and the ZMA. :thumbsup:

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, man! Have yo started your first dose yet? I guess I should get in your log, too. :)
No I haven't started taking mine yet, tomorrow is the big day. I hope you slept good last night!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You do enjoy your sleep assisting supps.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You do enjoy your sleep assisting supps.
They make a big difference for me; I just finished my 2 days off L-Dopa, and I'm looking forward to 5 good days of deep, long sleep :) I do wish I could get that without the L-Dopa, but living conditions aren't ideal.

Irish are we getting the full-dream runthrough?

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:wave2:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My dad says this helps with sleeping issues...and lots of other issues...

:D
:nono: - No more of that for me! :p ...Unless of course it was with your Dad. I'd like to ask him some mustache-growing tips, and that would obviously require a beer or two.

Day 1

...or should I say "Night 1?" ...

Well, I must say, my first night on this stack was incredible. I resembled that of a brick laying on a pillow the entire night...I don't think I moved at all. Since I've been taking Super Cuts 3, which is partially a diuretic, I've been having to get up at night to go to the bathroom, usually around 3-4am. Well, last night, I didn't wake up at all...and MAN did I have to go in the morning. :lol: - I probably drank about 40oz of water before bed.

I dosed both ZMK and Somnidren about 20-30mins before bed. I mixed the Somnidren in about 20oz of water with 10g of BCAAs. Surprisingly the taste was not bad at all...I was a little weary, but I didn't mind it one bit...there was also some Crystal Light mix in the water. I get the "Orange Sunrise" flavor because the acidity helps dissolve the BCAAs.

I can't quite note if I felt a calming or relaxing sensation, but I will make note of that tonight. I'll probably dose them closer to 60mins before bed just to see if there is any difference...It seems like everything is dosed just perfectly in the Somnidren. No nasty hangover from the Phenibut, and no rapid heart-beat or panic attacks from the GABA. Just right!

Woke up feeling perfectly refreshed and rested...Jumped out of bed as soon as the alarm went off. :)

Dose number two in...3hrs. :thumbsup:

Thanks for joining me, everyone!

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Man i can't wait to take mine tomorrow night

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does anyone know of a time-frame between when you can have calcium and these supplements? My last meal contains some cottage cheese and a nighttime shake, both of which contain calcium, and then I wait about 2.5hrs before I take Somnidren and ZMK...is that enough time, or do I need to cut the calcium?

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
I got the same question... and cannon are you going to try to take the Somnidren any of the other ways?

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I got the same question... and cannon are you going to try to take the Somnidren any of the other ways?
For the sake of the log, yes. Just to test them out for everyone else. If it were me personally, I'd just stick to dumping it in water.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Does anyone know of a time-frame between when you can have calcium and these supplements? My last meal contains some cottage cheese and a nighttime shake, both of which contain calcium, and then I wait about 2.5hrs before I take Somnidren and ZMK...is that enough time, or do I need to cut the calcium?
From what I understand, 2.5hr should be ok. However, that's just what I've read about calcium and zinc. Cottage Cheese takes a long time to digest (6-8hrs, or more dependent on how much you have), so I would think that some calcium would still be present even after 2.5hr.
I typically take zinc 1/2 to an 1hr before calcium-containing foods, rather than after them, just to ensure it's better absorption.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Hey cannon how much coconut oil do you take? I usually take a tbl spoon or two a day, I was just wondering

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
I agree with resolve, I take anything with zinc in about an hour before anything containing calcium. When I was just doing ZMA, I did the cottage cheese thing after about an hour of the ZMA.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Night 2

Once again, completely knocked out last night. I dosed it the same way as before, but will be trying sublingual dosing sometime this week.

No dreams that I can remember, but I'm sure I had multiple ones. Slept all the way through to my alarm. I was a little groggy this morning, but I just bought some really comfy new sheets and comforter, so I think it was more of me just wanting to stay in bed rather than being tired.

I had a great workout this morning, and was extremely focused and energized throughout the session. Endurance was up, as was strength.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im glad things are going well man :cheers:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Night 2

Once again, completely knocked out last night. I dosed it the same way as before, but will be trying sublingual dosing sometime this week.

No dreams that I can remember, but I'm sure I had multiple ones. Slept all the way through to my alarm. I was a little groggy this morning, but I just bought some really comfy new sheets and comforter, so I think it was more of me just wanting to stay in bed rather than being tired.

I had a great workout this morning, and was extremely focused and energized throughout the session. Endurance was up, as was strength.
I almost purchased the stack this morning, but then I decided I want to hear about more added benefits then improved sleep. $65 (w/ tax, S&H) is a lot for a sleep stack. I've not had many positive experiences with PM "bodybuilding" products in the past, so we'll see how things go with ya. I think ZMK would be a great compliment to my T-911, but I didn't get anything from past ZMA products and although Somnidren sounds promising, until you've reaped anything worthwhile, such as benefits in the gym, I'll be waiting patiently to finalize that order.

True & Current Story: I think I'm lame. I wanted to wean myself off of OTC sleep aids that make you groggy in the morning, so took a more herbal approach, 1000 mg L-Tryptophan and 9mg Melatonin. Although this stack knocks me out about as well as OTC sleep aids, I wake up feeling like I got 2 hours of sleep on my 3rd week of a hormonal at the peak of lethargy. I actually sleep better with the OTC crap. One of my prime fears is that this Somnidren might have that same effect on my quality of sleep. Again, I think I'm lame.

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Hehe, I've heard nothing and read nothing but good reviews for this stack. I've used a similar stack in the past, just separate ingredients, in addition to Nocturnabol. The best sleep I can remember. I just had to make sure I got at least 6 hrs. sleep though. Seriously, I'd hit hay, and wake up in exactly the same position and same damn spot as when I crashed, no joke. Usually, I'm shadow boxing and kicking in my sleep, looks like a grenade went off on the bed. I enjoyed that stack, and really am looking forward to this one.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I definitely dig my bulk 1-C. Never tried the L-dopa...Somnidren and ZMK is by far the best sleep stack I've ever used (I can honestly say that already)...as far as bodybuilding, we'll see what happens.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Volcom the Melatonin is probably what made you groggy. I much prefer the L-Dopa 5on/2off route. 5-HTP/Tryptophan and Valerian are also pretty useful.
I'll try the tryptophan without the Melatonin tonight and see how that works out.

I'll also look more into L-Dopa, thanks Steveo.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll try the tryptophan without the Melatonin tonight and see how that works out.

I'll also look more into L-Dopa, thanks Steveo.
Could someone explain the difference in L-Dopa and 1-C? Is there a benefit in one over the other? Do they work differently? I always thought L-Dopa was just a lower standardized extract than 1-C.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Volcom the Melatonin is probably what made you groggy. I much prefer the L-Dopa 5on/2off route. 5-HTP/Tryptophan and Valerian are also pretty useful.
Good news and bad news. Good news, I axed the Melatonin and I did not wake up groggy as a zombie with aids. Bad news, L-Tryptophan as a stand alone is about as effective as a sleep aid as Ephedrine.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Night 3

Another great night of rest.

It was cut a little short by my loud roommate, but whatever. I was sort of awake, but hardly at all, and then I heard a door slam, and my eyes popped open...that was around 6am, and I never fell back asleep...My alarm was set for 7am.

I picked up some Purple Wrath, so I'll be mixing my Somnidren with that tonight. I really could use a good rest tonight. I've got an exam tomorrow...I really haven't studied for it much. I'll have to wake up kind of early to cram for it. Eek!

I hit Quads/Delts today...Strength was down a bit, but not related to anything with Somnidren/ZMK. My lower back is sore from yesterday, so Squats suffered...BB Hacks were UP a good bit...Delt exercises were pretty solid...I guess I shouldn't say my strength was down too much, but I judge my Quad/Delt day purely on my squat strength. :lol:

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Could someone explain the difference in L-Dopa and 1-C? Is there a benefit in one over the other? Do they work differently? I always thought L-Dopa was just a lower standardized extract than 1-C.
Yes, 1-C is a 50% extract, and NP's L-Dopa is 15%. USP Labs states/claims they extracted for Peripheral Decarboxylase INhibitors, which make their product superior. If you find that the L-Dopa isn't working for you, add some Green Tea, a natural PDCI . :cheers:

With 1-C at $12 though, it's a great price. And you can use a smaller dose. I know I picked up 500g of the stuff, love it.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good news and bad news. Good news, I axed the Melatonin and I did not wake up groggy as a zombie with aids. Bad news, L-Tryptophan as a stand alone is about as effective as a sleep aid as Ephedrine.
Heh yea; Tryptophan doesn't seem to do too much on it's own. It the melatonin that's got the kick; however it leaves some feeling groggy. The X-Dreams has a bromine which helps decrease the duration of Melatonin's effects, decreasing the groggy effect. GABA knocks me out pretty quickly too , cheap and easy to experiment with. Just be careful not to dose to high, the GABA rush makes you think you're going to die for a sec, kinda scary.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If Melatonin doesn't work for you, don't try the new X-Dream. If it works, give it a go if you have the money...I ran a log of it. Melatonin works for me off and on, as did the X-Dream. It's definitely superior to regular melatonin, but I wouldn't say it's worth the extra $$$.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is it okay to have Somnidren sit in water for a while before I drink it?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
El Uno logs are popping up like baby rabbits. Just say'n.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
I'm with you cannon, gonna try somnidren w/ water tonight for the first time. Will it take longer for me to feel it this way compaired to sublingually?

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Night 4

I got kicked out of my room this night, so I had to sleep on the couch. I didn't get too much sleep, but what I did get was nice.

I stayed up for a bit longer after my dose of ZMK/Somnidren and noticed some rapid heartbeating from the GABA, I'm guessing; perhaps the phenibut also had something to do with it. Not a big problem. It didn't keep me up...I seem to notice these effects from sleep products when I stay up more than 30mins after dosing.

Today was an off day. Nothing to say that's gym-related.
Night 5

Took me a bit to get to sleep, but about 1hr after dosing I finally dozed off. Had some good sleep, but was woken up a little early. Somnidren/ZMK doesn't protect you from loud roomates. :rolleyes:

Had a pretty good workout this morning. Felt great in the gym. Good pump. Cranked out some nice weight on a few exercises. Overall it was a great workout. Feeling a little tired today, but that's normal at this point in the day.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry guys! I've been out of town, but I've also been doing the Somnidren/ZMK 5 on / 2 off, so I haven't taken it since the last update. Starts up again today. Hopefully I get some great sleep tonight...it's been lacking a little in duration, so hopefully I can get a good 8hrs tonight.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Night 6

Sleep duration last night was kind of short; about 5.5 - 6hrs. I was woken up by my nephew...Not a big deal, sleep was good regardless. I got back pretty late, took my ZMK/Somnidren, and crashed on the sofa (I'm hanging out at my parent's house over my spring break, and they've got other company over that are using "my" room).

I'm going to try the sublingual dosing tonight for the first time.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Is it okay to have Somnidren sit in water for a while before I drink it?
If needed, its possible. Also to answer some earlier questions and a note that I saw, 2.5 hours is enough time between calcium intake and ZMK usage. It only really needs to clear the main sections of your stomach which occurs in about 2 hours. Also the effects you feel from somnidren (heavy heartbeat, quick to sleep, etc) will be slightly effected by your addition of PW....but both products will still work perfectly fine. I often take mine sublingually and chug a bcaa drink before bed.

ps - i'm subbed...lol