Irish Cannon Gets Knocked Out by MST's Sleep Stack (Sponsored)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.23%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Irish Cannon Gets Knocked Out by MST's Sleep Stack (Sponsored)

A huge THANK YOU to CTDeuce and everyone else at Millennium Sport Technologies that made this log possible. I haven't logged for these guys before, but I'm extremely excited to be doing so. I've done quite a few other sponsored logs, as well as personal logs, and I always enjoy sharing my training, diet/nutrition, and any other advice I have.

I'll be logging both Somnidren GH and ZMK.

In the past, I have taken Primaforce ZMA, USPlabs Powerfull, bulk 1-Carboxy, Melatonin, and a few other supplements for sleep aid. I will be comparing the effects of all of this to those of the MST products. I have high hopes for both ZMK and Somnidren; MST is a top-notch company, and the ingredient profile on both of these supplements is awesome.

I've recently been having some on and off sleep issues, and I really hope these products help to fix that. I will be using recommended doses, taken about 45mins before bedtime.

Current Stats:

Height: 5'8"
    Weight: 175 lbs
    BF%: ~ 9%

If interested in photos, my other log may be found HERE.

Other Supplements:

LG Sciences MMV2
    LG Sciences Anadraulic State
    NP ATD
    Bulk Super Cissus
    Bulk SuperSapoins
    USP Labs Anabolic Pump
    Bulk P-Slin
    Controlled Labs Glycer Grow
    Universal Nutrition Super Cuts 3
    Axis Labs Adipo X
    Omega-3
    ATW Isolate - Cinnamon Bun
    Dymatize Elite 12-hr
    Bulk BCAAs
    Kwick Karb (WMS)
    AST Multi 32x
    NOW C-1000 (VitC)
    NOW Virgin Coconut Oil

First dosing of both ZMK and Somnidren GH will be tonight!

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.62%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Good luck cannon- sub'd
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.23%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Thanks, man! Have yo started your first dose yet? I guess I should get in your log, too.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.65%

sub'd
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Hey! I am in! I've been following along your other log quite a bit, as I will be here.
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.84%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Nice log man, enjoy
    I still have my Somnidren GH locked away for a rainy 4 week trial
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.23%

Quote Originally Posted by babywifey View Post
    Hey! I am in! I've been following along your other log quite a bit, as I will be here.
    Always good to have the Babywife in my logs!

Quote Originally Posted by Craigmatthew View Post
    Nice log man, enjoy
    I still have my Somnidren GH locked away for a rainy 4 week trial
    Maaaan...I'm about 10 mins away from taking my Somnidren and ZMK! I'm excited...almost a little too excited...I have a feeling that MST is going to quickly become one of my favorite supplement companies. I'm trying to get more into the natural/athletic-based performance supplements, and MST is definitely on the top of the list. I've still yet to try CordygenV02, which I've had my eye on for quite some time.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  123 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.44%
    Achievements Posting Pro

My dad says this helps with sleeping issues...and lots of other issues...
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.84%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Always good to have the Babywife in my logs!

Maaaan...I'm about 10 mins away from taking my Somnidren and ZMK! I'm excited...almost a little too excited...I have a feeling that MST is going to quickly become one of my favorite supplement companies. I'm trying to get more into the natural/athletic-based performance supplements, and MST is definitely on the top of the list. I've still yet to try CordygenV02, which I've had my eye on for quite some time.
    MST is a good company, that's for sure
  10. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.3%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

In; the ZMK alone has deeply impressed me. I had dreams on it for almost 3 weeks, whereas I nver dream. Needless to say it has become a staple of mine, I didn't realize there was such a difference between it and the ZMA.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.62%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Thanks, man! Have yo started your first dose yet? I guess I should get in your log, too.
    No I haven't started taking mine yet, tomorrow is the big day. I hope you slept good last night!
  12. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.3%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by jdg487 View Post
    No I haven't started taking mine yet, tomorrow is the big day. I hope you slept well last night!
    Had to
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.62%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Had to
    No doubt
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.29%

You do enjoy your sleep assisting supps.
    NSCA - CSCS
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.23%

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Yes I do!...first night on this was AMAZING! Updates later.
  16. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.3%

They make a big difference for me; I just finished my 2 days off L-Dopa, and I'm looking forward to 5 good days of deep, long sleep I do wish I could get that without the L-Dopa, but living conditions aren't ideal.

Irish are we getting the full-dream runthrough?
  17. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.42%

Body Performance Solutions
    Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/
    Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.23%

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    My dad says this helps with sleeping issues...and lots of other issues...
    - No more of that for me! ...Unless of course it was with your Dad. I'd like to ask him some mustache-growing tips, and that would obviously require a beer or two.

Day 1

...or should I say "Night 1?" ...

Well, I must say, my first night on this stack was incredible. I resembled that of a brick laying on a pillow the entire night...I don't think I moved at all. Since I've been taking Super Cuts 3, which is partially a diuretic, I've been having to get up at night to go to the bathroom, usually around 3-4am. Well, last night, I didn't wake up at all...and MAN did I have to go in the morning. - I probably drank about 40oz of water before bed.

I dosed both ZMK and Somnidren about 20-30mins before bed. I mixed the Somnidren in about 20oz of water with 10g of BCAAs. Surprisingly the taste was not bad at all...I was a little weary, but I didn't mind it one bit...there was also some Crystal Light mix in the water. I get the "Orange Sunrise" flavor because the acidity helps dissolve the BCAAs.

I can't quite note if I felt a calming or relaxing sensation, but I will make note of that tonight. I'll probably dose them closer to 60mins before bed just to see if there is any difference...It seems like everything is dosed just perfectly in the Somnidren. No nasty hangover from the Phenibut, and no rapid heart-beat or panic attacks from the GABA. Just right!

Woke up feeling perfectly refreshed and rested...Jumped out of bed as soon as the alarm went off.

Dose number two in...3hrs.

Thanks for joining me, everyone!
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.62%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Man i can't wait to take mine tomorrow night
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.23%

Does anyone know of a time-frame between when you can have calcium and these supplements? My last meal contains some cottage cheese and a nighttime shake, both of which contain calcium, and then I wait about 2.5hrs before I take Somnidren and ZMK...is that enough time, or do I need to cut the calcium?
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.62%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I got the same question... and cannon are you going to try to take the Somnidren any of the other ways?
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.23%

I got the same question... and cannon are you going to try to take the Somnidren any of the other ways?
    For the sake of the log, yes. Just to test them out for everyone else. If it were me personally, I'd just stick to dumping it in water.
  23. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.43%

I'm Sub'd
  24. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.27%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Does anyone know of a time-frame between when you can have calcium and these supplements? My last meal contains some cottage cheese and a nighttime shake, both of which contain calcium, and then I wait about 2.5hrs before I take Somnidren and ZMK...is that enough time, or do I need to cut the calcium?
    From what I understand, 2.5hr should be ok. However, that's just what I've read about calcium and zinc. Cottage Cheese takes a long time to digest (6-8hrs, or more dependent on how much you have), so I would think that some calcium would still be present even after 2.5hr.
    I typically take zinc 1/2 to an 1hr before calcium-containing foods, rather than after them, just to ensure it's better absorption.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.62%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Hey cannon how much coconut oil do you take? I usually take a tbl spoon or two a day, I was just wondering
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.1%

I agree with resolve, I take anything with zinc in about an hour before anything containing calcium. When I was just doing ZMA, I did the cottage cheese thing after about an hour of the ZMA.
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.23%

Hey cannon how much coconut oil do you take? I usually take a tbl spoon or two a day, I was just wondering
    1/2 tbsp/day.
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.62%
    Achievements Posting Pro

alright appreciate it
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.23%

Night 2

Once again, completely knocked out last night. I dosed it the same way as before, but will be trying sublingual dosing sometime this week.

No dreams that I can remember, but I'm sure I had multiple ones. Slept all the way through to my alarm. I was a little groggy this morning, but I just bought some really comfy new sheets and comforter, so I think it was more of me just wanting to stay in bed rather than being tired.

I had a great workout this morning, and was extremely focused and energized throughout the session. Endurance was up, as was strength.
  30. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.42%

Im glad things are going well man
    Body Performance Solutions
    Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/
    Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions
  31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.29%

Night 2

Once again, completely knocked out last night. I dosed it the same way as before, but will be trying sublingual dosing sometime this week.

No dreams that I can remember, but I'm sure I had multiple ones. Slept all the way through to my alarm. I was a little groggy this morning, but I just bought some really comfy new sheets and comforter, so I think it was more of me just wanting to stay in bed rather than being tired.

I had a great workout this morning, and was extremely focused and energized throughout the session. Endurance was up, as was strength.
    I almost purchased the stack this morning, but then I decided I want to hear about more added benefits then improved sleep. $65 (w/ tax, S&H) is a lot for a sleep stack. I've not had many positive experiences with PM "bodybuilding" products in the past, so we'll see how things go with ya. I think ZMK would be a great compliment to my T-911, but I didn't get anything from past ZMA products and although Somnidren sounds promising, until you've reaped anything worthwhile, such as benefits in the gym, I'll be waiting patiently to finalize that order.

True & Current Story: I think I'm lame. I wanted to wean myself off of OTC sleep aids that make you groggy in the morning, so took a more herbal approach, 1000 mg L-Tryptophan and 9mg Melatonin. Although this stack knocks me out about as well as OTC sleep aids, I wake up feeling like I got 2 hours of sleep on my 3rd week of a hormonal at the peak of lethargy. I actually sleep better with the OTC crap. One of my prime fears is that this Somnidren might have that same effect on my quality of sleep. Again, I think I'm lame.
    NSCA - CSCS
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.1%

Hehe, I've heard nothing and read nothing but good reviews for this stack. I've used a similar stack in the past, just separate ingredients, in addition to Nocturnabol. The best sleep I can remember. I just had to make sure I got at least 6 hrs. sleep though. Seriously, I'd hit hay, and wake up in exactly the same position and same damn spot as when I crashed, no joke. Usually, I'm shadow boxing and kicking in my sleep, looks like a grenade went off on the bed. I enjoyed that stack, and really am looking forward to this one.
  33. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.3%

Volcom the Melatonin is probably what made you groggy. I much prefer the L-Dopa 5on/2off route. 5-HTP/Tryptophan and Valerian are also pretty useful.
  34. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.82%

subbed
  35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.23%

I definitely dig my bulk 1-C. Never tried the L-dopa...Somnidren and ZMK is by far the best sleep stack I've ever used (I can honestly say that already)...as far as bodybuilding, we'll see what happens.
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.29%

Volcom the Melatonin is probably what made you groggy. I much prefer the L-Dopa 5on/2off route. 5-HTP/Tryptophan and Valerian are also pretty useful.
    I'll try the tryptophan without the Melatonin tonight and see how that works out.

I'll also look more into L-Dopa, thanks Steveo.
    NSCA - CSCS
  37. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.23%

I'll try the tryptophan without the Melatonin tonight and see how that works out.

I'll also look more into L-Dopa, thanks Steveo.
    Could someone explain the difference in L-Dopa and 1-C? Is there a benefit in one over the other? Do they work differently? I always thought L-Dopa was just a lower standardized extract than 1-C.
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.29%

Good news and bad news. Good news, I axed the Melatonin and I did not wake up groggy as a zombie with aids. Bad news, L-Tryptophan as a stand alone is about as effective as a sleep aid as Ephedrine.
    NSCA - CSCS
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.1%

Bad news, L-Tryptophan as a stand alone is about as effective as a sleep aid as Ephedrine.
    Haha!!
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.23%

Night 3

Another great night of rest.

It was cut a little short by my loud roommate, but whatever. I was sort of awake, but hardly at all, and then I heard a door slam, and my eyes popped open...that was around 6am, and I never fell back asleep...My alarm was set for 7am.

I picked up some Purple Wrath, so I'll be mixing my Somnidren with that tonight. I really could use a good rest tonight. I've got an exam tomorrow...I really haven't studied for it much. I'll have to wake up kind of early to cram for it. Eek!

I hit Quads/Delts today...Strength was down a bit, but not related to anything with Somnidren/ZMK. My lower back is sore from yesterday, so Squats suffered...BB Hacks were UP a good bit...Delt exercises were pretty solid...I guess I shouldn't say my strength was down too much, but I judge my Quad/Delt day purely on my squat strength.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Irish Cannon Teams-Up with LG Science's T-911! (Sponsored)
    By Irish Cannon in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 722
    Last Post: 07-26-2011, 12:37 AM
  2. Replies: 119
    Last Post: 12-09-2008, 11:38 PM
  3. Replies: 514
    Last Post: 10-27-2008, 12:15 PM
  4. Replies: 344
    Last Post: 09-20-2008, 01:48 PM
  5. Irish Cannon Gets Loaded with LG Sciences (Sponsored)
    By Irish Cannon in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 08-25-2008, 04:41 PM