SilentBob's Cordygen5 and Cre-02 log (sponsored)

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
SilentBob is back for another fun filled log. This one is with the company that was the cause of my VERY FIRST purchase on Nutraplanet. The company was Millennium Sports Technologies and the product was Ragnarok. Needless to say, I haven't been the same since. I am a big fan of MST and was thrilled that there was a logging opportunity for some of their products.

CTDeuce and MST selected me to run 2 bottles of Cordygen5 and CRE-02. Thank you, I will do my best to ensure your products do their best. As with any Bob Logs I give you my training, diet (unless y'all get tired of seeing the same foods everyday,) supps I'm taking, and thoughts for each day. I also have an affinity for music and beautiful women.

Stats

5'9"
204lb
Endo for life!

Training

My current training program is a Sheiko powerlifting routine. This program is lifting only 3 days a week and the purpose is to increase an individuals Bench, Deadlift, and Squat numbers. I think it's safe to say that my Deadlift is the only one that isn't really benefiting from this program, but my Bench has shot up through the roof. There are only 2 more weeks of this program before I change it up to a 4 day split with cardio.

Diet

I am currently eating at or just above maintenance for the sake of this type of training. It kicks your ass and asks for seconds. When I switch to my 4 day split I will be eating at and below maintenance with recomp as my goal.

Supps

Cordygen5
Cre-02
MVP365
ZMK
Somnidren GH

Fish Oil
Ultra-40
Gut Health
Xtend
WMS
Jacked (almost empty)
IntraAid (almost empty)

So yeah, I've got a bit of an MST thing going on. I'm saving the Somnidren for the start of the new routine. Everything else is locked and loaded. I do about 10g of fish oil at night about an hour before I go to bed. I pop Ultra-40s throughout the day. Some of my meals are in the mid 20s when it comes to protein so 4 of those suckers help to bring it closer to 30g/meal. Gut Health, another product I take before bed. Xtend is immediately post workout and once IntraAid is gone, it will be intra-workout once again + WMS. Jacked is USPLabs' new preworkout. It gets me going in the morning. IntraAid is the new product from Universal, I mix it with about 60g of WMS to help power me through these 2 hour workouts that Sheiko demands.

SilentBob

I've been bulking for a few months with no cardio so I don't want to hear it.

What do I expect to get out of Cre-02 and Cordygen5?

Increased endurance, which will play a major role when I move back to sets of 8 and 10 instead of 3.

Increased Oxygen utilization, this will help me power through my 30 minute interval cardio sessions which are starting in 2 weeks.

Maintain Strength, it'll be difficult to gauge since I will be lowering the weight and increasing the reps. But we'll see what happens. I'll find some way to monitor this.

Anything else?

Megan Fox, SALUTE! :usa2:

Song of the Day
Tobias Sammet's Avantasia - Devil In The Belfry
YouTube - Tobias Sammet's Avantasia - Devil In The Belfry

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Final Review

Final Review

I'd like to thank Chuck and Matt and the whole crew at MST for giving me the chance to try out their products. In two months time I've moved from a power lifing style and a bulking diet to more of a recomp workout with a caloric intake right around my maintenance level. I've dropped about 10 pounds since the beginning of this log. 204lb to 194lb. I would like to think that with a high protein diet (~200g/day,) and lifting every other day for about an hour, I've been able to retain most of my muscle mass. Now on to the finer points of this review:

What do I expect to get out of Cre-02 and Cordygen5?

Increased endurance, which will play a major role when I move back to sets of 8 and 10 instead of 3.
Endurance is great on Cordygen5. I transitioned from Sheiko to a 4x5 to a 4x8 routine with ease. There were ups and downs in this log but all of the downs were due to my uncanny ability to find new ways to destroy my recovery. From my attempt at CopyCat's 100 pullups contest, a bad day with the wheel of death, and most recently high rep calf raises; anything that has affected my lifting was not due to a lack of gas in the tank, or endurance.

Increased Oxygen utilization, this will help me power through my 30 minute interval cardio sessions which are starting in 2 weeks.
This is one of the greatest benefits of Cordygen5 and Cre-02. I never felt like I was out of breath. When running, I felt like I could go on forever, even after not running for 9 weeks. The only problem I had with running was lactic acid. Even with the Rhodiola in Cre-02, I think I would have benefited from more consistent BCAA and Beta-Alanine supplementation

Maintain Strength, it'll be difficult to gauge since I will be lowering the weight and increasing the reps. But we'll see what happens. I'll find some way to monitor this.
A good way to measure strength is using a total body workout, like squats. My most recent squat outting was 225x4x8. I would say that being able to complete 4 sets of 8 full, clean reps at 225 says to me that my strength is still high. It's no doubt gone down a little due to the shift in lifting styles, but it's by no means a substantial drop. I'd like to think that Cre-02 has played a significant role in me maintaining my strength.

Summation of Cordygen5:

Bottom line, if you're looking to run further, decrease time between sets, and don't want to feel like you're gasping for air after a tough set, Cordygen5 is a good choice for you.

Summation of Cre-02:

With all the different types of creatine available, it's sometimes difficult to know which one is right for you. Cre-02 is not only a creatine supplement, it also contains cultured Cordyceps Sinensis Hybrid strain which "allows for rapid aerobic, anaerobic and ATP recovery." It also contains Rhodiola and other adaptogens for additional endurance support.

Last edited:
jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
on board :bandit: SB :thumbsup:

cre-02 is of interest to me fo' sure

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Day 1

Training:
Sheiko Week 7, Day 3
Highlights:
Bench: 2x3x250
Squat: 2x3x255

Diet:
3359 calories
221g protein
306g carbs (46g fiber, 71g sugar)
139g fat (47g poly, 43g mono, 34g sat)

Narrative:
Today was the first day of Cordygen5 and Cre-02. I had a decent lift considering how exhausting deads were on Wednesday, but nothing to really write home about. I'm tired, I'm hoping for 10 hours of sleep tonight. Wish me luck.

No song for today, Tobias is still rocking hard from the first post.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Let's do this fellow logger.

I'm an endo also, classic endo. :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
are you going to do any endurance specific "testing" or evaluations ?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
are you going to do any endurance specific "testing" or evaluations ?
Well jumping in to 30 minutes of interval cardio after almost 3 months of no cardio would certainly be a test.

But to answer your question it will probably be more of a series of evaluations.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
Sub'd... looking forward to you see your progress B

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Day 4

Training:
Sheiko Week 8, Day 1
Highlights
Squats: 2x2x265
Bench: 4x3x250

Diet:
2968 calories
250g protein
294g carbs (41g fiber, 49g sugar)
88g fat (28g poly, 16g mono, 18g sat)

Narrative:
Well, nothing much to report. I've been dosing Cre-02 a 3 a day 2 hours before my workouts and 1, 3x a day on non-workout days. Cordygen5 I've been dosing either 2 hours before my workout or first thing in the morning. If there is a better dosing schedule for my off days I'd definately like to hear it.

Sheiko is winding down and I can't wait. I've gained a little tub which is apparent in those pictures, but this was a bulk and a powerlifting routine. It kinda comes with the territory. Two weeks and I'll be recomping like a mofugger. :) I'm not saying I'm looking forward to cardio, but it will be a great way to put these two products to the test.

Diet could have been better today. I usually eat every three hours but stretched one to 4 hours so I wouldn't piss off the folk at work by eating all the damn time (which I am liable to do.) I figured that 2nd breakfast and my Pre-workout meal were a little more important than throwing in a snack 2 hours inbetween.

I know it's not part of my 'log' per say, but I have to share my love for ZMK. I have the most vivid, memorable, and lengthy dreams while on this products. I'm not one to 'jump out of bed,' in the mornings but I can honestly say that I wake up refreshed when I take ZMK, regardless if I've had 5 hours of sleep or a full 8 hours.

I had a bit of a runny nose all weekend, and it was raining, so I spent most of the weekend in bed reading.

Song of the Day:
Kamelot - Ghost Opera
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-TUufvK0gU"]YouTube - Kamelot - Ghost Opera[/ame]

Motivational Model:

Izabel Goulart

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
oh wow..... she is smokin....

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
MST is such a great company. Subbed for the blood sweat tears and laughter.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Day 5

Training:
Off

Diet:
2563 calories
189g protein
184g carbs (34g fiber, 40g sugar)
119g fat (37g poly, 33g mono, 22g sat)

Narrative:
Didn't feel like eating a lot today. 2500 is right around maintenance for me. I really need to cook up some chicken, I'm getting bored of nattypb sandwhiches.

Todays Motivation:

Rhona Mitra

Song of the Day:
Metallica - Am I Evil?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u-HCHCuHMg"]YouTube - Metallica- Am I Evil? (Studio Version)[/ame]

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
wow SB - Im impressed on how you know you're exact macros and sub-category breakdown :thumbsup:

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
wow SB - Im impressed on how you know you're exact macros and sub-category breakdown :thumbsup:
Thanks JP. After a day or two of entering custom foods on the AM diet tracker I can plug in an entire day in about 5 minutes. I eat mostly the same thing everyday so after a little work it's very simple.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
Thanks JP. After a day or two of entering custom foods on the AM diet tracker I can plug in an entire day in about 5 minutes. I eat mostly the same thing everyday so after a little work it's very simple.
So thats how you do it? I've been wanting to ask you how you track it.... you use only AM diet tracker?

btw, great job on your log!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
So thats how you do it? I've been wanting to ask you how you track it.... you use only AM diet tracker?
Yessir, just spend a few minutes adding a custom food or two whenever I eat something that's not on the list, or something that's already prepared (oats, bars, protein powders, frozen fish, etc.) and next thing you know you have a big list of foods where you can add up your day in just a few clicks.

I've used fitday.com and sometimes I use nutritiondata.com for foods that I'm curious about and don't have in front of me, but for sheer convience I stick to AMs tracker. It already has a bunch of foods in it's database and once you get used to it, it's very simple to use.

Attachments

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Day 6

Training:
Sheiko Week 8, Day 2
Highlights:
Bench: 2x2x250
Deadlift: 2x2x275

Diet:
3456 calories
243g protein
333g carbs (76g fiber, 64g sugar)
128g fat (46g poly, 31g mono, 25g sat)

Narrative:
This is the first time in awhile where I can say I had a good DL day. Most of my DLs lately have been discouraging. But the total reps for today were lower and not as taxing as normal which leads me to believe that when I go for my 1 RM next week I'll be able to achieve something higher than my initial 1 RM when I started this rodeo. The only supplemental difference has been the addition of Cordygen5 and CRE-02. Everything else has been the same for 2+ weeks.

Sham-WOW!

Brooke Richards

Song of the Day:
Metallica - King Nothing
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFBbOHohwR8"]YouTube - Metallica - King Nothing[/ame]

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn, sorry i'm late to the party, bob. I have some reading to do.

BTW - Solid choice in metallica with "king nothing!" :head:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subscribed.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Subb's for the motivational models.

And the cord5 and Cre-02 as well.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Day 7

Training:
Off

Diet:
2545 calories
240g protein
169g carbs (29g fiber, 36g sugar)
101g fat (38g poly, 20g mono, 22g sat)

Narrative:
I noticed a bit of an increase in vascularity today, which is saying something since it was an off day. Had a big ole T-bone for dinner. It was awesome.

Hi2U!

AJ Alexander

Song of the Day:
Sevendust - Denial
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJGc8W38IUU"]YouTube - Sevendust - Denial[/ame]

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
damn... AJ Alexander, thats hell of a good motivation right there!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Day 8

Training:
Sheiko Week 8, Day 3
Highlights:
Squats: 315x2
Bench: 265x2
Pullups: 2x5 (unassisted) Lats are still there, surprising.

Diet:
2846 calories
231g protein
260g carbs (30g fiber, 43g sugar)
98g fat (19g poly, 12g mono, 26g sat)

Narrative:
This is the info from Friday. I never got around to posting it yesterday. My bad. I felt strong like bull. Repping the old 1RM for squats felt good. I can't wait to see what my new 1RM will be. We threw in some pullups at the end of the lift because we still had a lot of energy. I couldn't beleive that I was able to do sets of 5, unassisted. That's right around where I left off many months ago when I last did pullups.

Wonder Twins

Lucy Pinder

Song of the Day:
Edguy - Rise of the Morning Glory
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UmMCtVTqr0"]YouTube - Edguy - Rise of the Morning Glory[/ame]

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
hey B, theres a pullups challenge thread going on starting on monday if you want to push pass the 5 mark!

I'm going to try but probably drop out at 10 ;)

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
hey B, theres a pullups challenge thread going on starting on monday if you want to push pass the 5 mark!

I'm going to try but probably drop out at 10 ;)
Yeah I saw that, we'll see. CC said they didn't have to all be at once :burnout: no burnouts here.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
thank god you dont have to them all at once, else 10 might be too optimistic :)

you can spread them out through out the day but my days off will be a problem

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure their's some guys on here that could blow away the 10 rep mark on pullups, which leaves me out :rant:

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the comical part for me is that i work out of the house, and have a pullup bar here. so even for the 100, I can figure i just need to do 10 an hour :D it didn't have to be a continuous 100 right, its breaks as necessary :D

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Day 9

Training:
Sheiko Week 9, Day 1
Highlights:
Deadlift: 2x3x275
Bench: 2x2x250, 1x2x275
Pullups: 14 unassisted, broken into 4 sets

Diet:
3312 calories
259g protein
299g carbs (40g fiber, 36g sugar)
120g fat (28g poly, 45g mono, 40g sat)

Narrative:
Was feeling pretty big today in the gym so I went above the listed numbers on my Sheiko sheet. Actually got a raise at work today. Sure it's retail, right now I'm not picky when it comes to the job market. I get to eat every three hours, I get to talk about vitamins/sports supps and encourage a healthy lifestyle. I'm a bit of a hedonist and I'm content with my current situation.

Yes, she has brown eyes:

Kelly Brook

Song of the Day:
Meshuggah - War
YouTube - Meshuggah - War
:aargh: <-- My Meshuggah face

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
Nice workout B, you even mentioned the pullups... this is going to be fun to track :D

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
subscrizzled. Good to see ya keep hammering at it bro

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
With Sheiko, are you finding that it takes 2 hours to work through. I'm interested in this style of training but can't devote that much time to the gym

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
With Sheiko, are you finding that it takes 2 hours to work through. I'm interested in this style of training but can't devote that much time to the gym
The first 7 weeks took a little more than 2 hours. These last few days have taken just under 90 minutes. They've just been short so as not to get burned out before the 'competition' day.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Im in...and im glad to see all is going well so far!!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Day 11

Training:
Sheiko Week 9, Day 2
Highlights:
Squats: 3x2x275
Bench: 2x2x250, 1x1x275
Pullups: 10 unassisted (2 sets of 5)

Diet:
3724g calories
222g protein
338g carbs (62g fiber, 94g sugar)
170g fat (47g poly, 30g mono, 48g sat)

Narrative:
Ate a little bit more than normal today. This is going to be the trend for the next 3 days as I prepare for my 'competition day' on Saturday. More food = more strength in my book.

Vascularity is still really high from Cordygen and Cre-02. I did a half hour on the elliptical pre-workout waiting for my buddy to show up. I didn't feel the least bit fatigued. This coming from the guy that's been bulking for winter and putting cardio on the back burner. I wasn't even breathing heavier than normal.

B-A-N-A-N-A-S

Gwen Stefani aka SilentBob Kryptonite

Song of the Day:
Metallica - Fixxxer
YouTube - Metallica - Fixxxer (Audio Only)
Jab another pin in me.

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
NICE....

Heard a Rumor that my man SB187 was running a log... I'm in this for sure...

Day 11.... just made it..

Best of luck brother!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking good here, bob.

This sh*t is.....B-A-N-A-N-A-S! :laugh: