..::: The Ultima Sponsored Conquest :::..

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
..::: The Ultima Conquest :::..

Training - 4% Broad Pyramid
Duration - 6 weeks (5 day split)
Day - 1 Arms (workouts 1-4 no Ultima);
Day - 2 Legs (workouts 1-3 no Ultima);
Day - 3 Off
Day - 4 Chest & Back (workouts 1-3 no Ultima);
Day -5 Off
repeat​

Training detail will be up after 50 posts

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
First off I would like to Thank Matt and Omega for giving me the opportunity to log Ultima.

The primary blend that caught my eye is the Cogni5 blend, but interested in the product as a whole.

And a special shout out to B5150, and The Aryan.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Aw damn, look who it be! Welcome back, bro!

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
..::: Workout 4 :::..​

I was going to wait for week/workout 5 came around again, but I've been anticipating Ultima since it's initial release.

As previously stated, I was looking at the Cogni5 blend primarily, and it played a major roll for legs:workout4. It was the typical hard day at work, by the time I got home I wasn't able to get the rest I have grown accustom to, but I fell asleep about an hour pre-workout.

I awoke 30 minutes prior. I mixed 1 scoop of Ultima with about 16oz of water. I started sipping on the Ultima and holding it under my tongue for about 30 seconds. I did this as I prepared for my workout.

If I had to rank my mental awareness (MA) on a scale of 1-10, it would have been about 3.5. I was feeling very crappy pre-Ultima. I was even contemplating, 15 minutes prior to workout on picking up a Spike Shooter, because I was still feeling sluggish and brain dead. However, by the time I left my house, mental I was aware, and I would rank my MA has risen to about 6.

Once I was in the gym, I would say my MA raised to about 7.5. And when I started working out; mentally I was there, but almost felt like a zombie between supersets, but when I was lifting I felt strong, and throughout my workout I would sip on my Ultima while holding it in my mouth for approx 30seconds.

Overall, my workout was solid and my strength felt solid and muscle endurance felt strong. And by the end of my workout I would say my MA was 10+. I was wide awake after my workout and was in a great mood.

The taste was good. It was a nice orange flavor, reminded me of tang.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like they added the extra flavouring into the product with the latest batch. Good the heard it doesn't taste terrible :)

It doesn't leave your teeth/lips yellow at all does it? I tried sublingual dosing my B-Complex vitamin the other day... bad idea lol.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Sounds like they added the extra flavouring into the product with the latest batch. Good the heard it doesn't taste terrible :)

It doesn't leave your teeth/lips yellow at all does it? I tried sublingual dosing my B-Complex vitamin the other day... bad idea lol.
I will have to check...might look cool if I ever go to a rave or a club with a black light...

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
It will stain if you get it on your clothing, but it rinses off your hands/face just fine.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
It will stain if you get it on your clothing, but it rinses off your hands/face just fine.
Great, I use wrist wraps on some lifts and now it looks like I have pee stains on them :D

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
oh like you didn't already
Yeah, but they were clear...plus, who doesn't like going to the bathroom and not washing their hands and touching all the DB's and BB's afterward???

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
off to a good start so far......no nudes or board violations....yet.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Ultima Day 2

..::: Workout 4 - Chest & Back :::..​

30 minutes prior to workout I placed a 1/2 scoop (divided doses) of Ultima under my tongue. I thought the taste was pretty good; I've always been a fan of sweet and sour candy :D

I then poured the other half scoop into 10oz of water which I sipped throughout my workout.

I just finished a heavy training scheme which incorporated direct shoulder work (primarily presses). I typically don't like to add the additional shoulder work in order to save my shoulders, and by my 3rd set of bench presses, since workout 2, my shoulder has been the weak link, and from the 3rd set on it has been down hill for my bench.

Which is the reason why I chose to do incline on the Hammer Strength Machine; however, I have someone to help with lift off, where I do feel some slight discomfort. But overall energy and mentally I felt good, and finished the second half of my workout strong, even with decreased rest. The decreased rest was not by choice, but for the gym closes early on Friday nights and I was up against the clock.

The increased intensity was catching up to me. My CNS was getting beat up at the end of my supersets. But by the time I racked the weights and headed out the door, I felt recovered, and could have done some more work if needed.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
FYI

Legs workout 4 occurred on Wednesday 02.25.2009
Chest & Back workout 4 occurred on Friday 02.27.2009
Arms workout 5 occurred on Sunday 03.01.2009 (Details not posted yet)

And tonight is Legs workout 5.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Ultima Day 3

..::: Workout 5 - Arms :::..​

Taking a half of scoop of Ultima sublingualy 30-45 minutes pre-workout will be my standard protocol. I can't verify the benefits are increased by this method; however, it appears to kick in faster. I do start feeling the effects generally in around 15 minutes, but the full effects seem more pronounced around the 30-45 minute mark, depending on daily stress levels.

Weekend workouts are a weird day for me. In the morning I am less active mentally and physically, and it makes me more lethargic and unmotivated, but man is it nice to relax and get away from the everyday norm... anywho, my meals sometime lack, and I make up for it with shakes, and manage maybe one solid meal pre-workout.

This Sunday I put forth a little more effort, got in two solid meals, and did some chores. I probably should have dosed the Ultima when I was doing chores :hmmm:

This last workout was more pronounced then the other workouts, but I had a pretty positive attitude. Typically I am looking for that aggression; the kind where you want to kick someone in the teef if they steal your weights....but the positive state I've noticed so far from Ultima might have an edge for me. At times with the aggression, you can get it sidetracked if someone does piss you off, even if it is something small and meaningless...

My arm workout was solid, but it is a bit tough incrementing and decrementing by 5lbs with arms. The lighter weight might be light for x amount of reps, but +-5 would be too much or too less. And the lower reps were actually pretty solid, since I based the rep/weight scheme off of the heavy lifts.

Another note, I substituted close-grip decline presses with Reverse Single Arm Cable Pulldowns, to give my shoulders a break. Typically regular decline press takes the stress off of my shoulders, but the close-grip added stress. However, I actually like performing a unilateral lift for my tris.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
..::: Workout 4 - Chest & Back :::..​

Taking a half of scoop of Ultima sublingualy 30-45 minutes pre-workout will be my standard protocol. I can't verify the benefits are increased by this method; however, it appears to kick in faster. I do start feeling the effects generally in around 15 minutes, but the full effects seem more pronounced around the 30-45 minute mark, depending on daily stress levels.

Weekend workouts are a weird day for me. In the morning I am less active mentally and physically, and it makes me more lethargic and unmotivated, but man is it nice to relax and get away from the everyday norm... anywho, my meals sometime lack, and I make up for it with shakes, and manage maybe one solid meal pre-workout.
I'm the same way on the weekends.

I guess I cannot say that I noticed it "kick" in at all even using it sublingually.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I'm the same way on the weekends.

I guess I cannot say that I noticed it "kick" in at all even using it sublingually.
Not kick in like a stim, but a sense of well being...And maybe it can explain my mood as of late...

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
i have a hard time being patient with the whole sublingual thing.
i never know how long you are supposed to hold it under your tongue. i assume the longer the better but i can't wait and just end up swallowing.
i hope this statement didn't sound too roman.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
i have a hard time being patient with the whole sublingual thing.
i never know how long you are supposed to hold it under your tongue. i assume the longer the better but i can't wait and just end up swallowing.
i hope this statement didn't sound too roman.
I guess it depends on the size of the load. The bigger the load, the longer to hold for the mood enhancing effects.

I hope this statement didn't sound too roman.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ewww. Anyways I thought the only thing in Ultima that really benefited from sublingual administration was the b12.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Ultima Day 4

..::: Workout 5 - Legs :::..​

No power nap, because I felt good.
Started my Ultima dosing 30 min pre-workout.

Ultima is almost making me a likable person. I joked around with a couple cats I generally just give a head nod to. And talked more between sets.

I felt highly focused; however, the first superset I ended up doing an extra reps for sets 3 & 4.

For squats, 315x2 last workout was a bit tough, but tonight I did 315x4 fairly easy. And I didn't realize until my deadlifts, but instead of loading 300 on the bar for 5 reps, I was actually loading 310x5 for squats. I guess I was memorized by the pretty pyramid I was building with the weights.

As noted, by the time I reached deads and my 3rd set felt a lot heavier than the last workout. But between sets I noticed the load was 310 and not 300.

To conclude, strength was up without knowing it; as well as, muscle endurance up.

At the end of the workout, I did some supplemental rotar cuff work.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
it's like surprise strength.
you should work out blindfolded and have someone else load the weight on the bar.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sort of like seeing a piece of surprise shoulder

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
it's like surprise strength.
you should work out blindfolded and have someone else load the weight on the bar.
Mainly in high school, we use to slap on an extra 10lbs on one side if some cat was benching....and then try not to lawl as they struggle keeping the bar straight.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
..::: Workout 5 - Legs :::..​

No power nap, because I felt good.
Started my Ultima dosing 30 min pre-workout.

Ultima is almost making me a likable person. I joked around with a couple cats I generally just give a head nod to. And talked more between sets.

I felt highly focused; however, the first superset I ended up doing an extra reps for sets 3 & 4.

For squats, 315x2 last workout was a bit tough, but tonight I did 315x4 fairly easy. And I didn't realize until my deadlifts, but instead of loading 300 on the bar for 5 reps, I was actually loading 310x5 for squats. I guess I was memorized by the pretty pyramid I was building with the weights.

As noted, by the time I reached deads and my 3rd set felt a lot heavier than the last workout. But between sets I noticed the load was 310 and not 300.

To conclude, strength was up without knowing it; as well as, muscle endurance up.

At the end of the workout, I did some supplemental rotar cuff work.

improving your strength and personal character! How about that.

;)

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
wow, that's a pretty flashy workout summary.
is that log something you kept on the omega site? or did you spend time with your fancy graphic skilz? i see the logo in the background.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
wow, that's a pretty flashy workout summary.
is that log something you kept on the omega site? or did you spend time with your fancy graphic skilz? i see the logo in the background.
Don't patronize me Hank...

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Ultima Day 5

..::: Workout 5 - Chest & Back :::..

I haven't needed to take any of my typical power naps pre workout. I was a little bit more tired today then I was yesterday. Not sure if that is because I do not dose Ultima on my days off.

As usual 1/2 scoop sublingual, with 1/2 a scoop with around 16oz of water peri-workout.

Workout 1 for chest and back was strong. I felt good, and my shoulder felt fine. But since workout 2, my shoulder hasn't improved and I feel as if I am losing strength, or at least losing muscle endurance.

I typically use a 3-4 second eccentric on most lifts; however, it feels as if I am even going slower now, or at least I have to put more effort in control the bar coming down, because it feels as if the bar wants to just drop, which I attribute to shoulder stability. Then on the concentric it is a struggle to keep the bar even, so after tonight's workout and set #2, I called it quits on the BB bench. I went over to the dumbbells and immediately my shoulder felt better.

I took it slow on the DB's though. with 4 sets starting at 85lbs, 95lbs and finishing my last two sets at 110.

As far as all my other lifts. I am getting stronger and increasing muscle endurance.

Mentally I was prepared, but felt down having to call it quits on BB bench, but was able to get into that zone when I needed to do a work set.

I will finish workout 6 with DB's, even though I want to give the bar another shot...

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I want to take shots at the bar too. Wat?

The last time you took shots at teh barz, you ended up being filled up from head to toe with mood enhancer....but I guess that is what you call a good time...

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Tonight is week/workout 6 of my 5-day split, and this phase of lifting will end on Monday...well theoretically Tuesday which will be day 5 and an off day.

My goal is to take the remaining week off and recover. Might do some light shoulder saver work, more than likely will.

Then my new phase will start Monday 03.16.09 which will be a 12 week cutting/transformation, which should really put Ultima to test...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know royd's pictures show up when you search for "bag of dicks" using MSN's live search, but have we ever seen pictures of xjsynx?

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Tonight is week/workout 6 of my 5-day split, and this phase of lifting will end on Monday...well theoretically Tuesday which will be day 5 and an off day.

My goal is to take the remaining week off and recover. Might do some light shoulder saver work, more than likely will.

Then my new phase will start Monday 03.16.09 which will be a 12 week cutting/transformation, which should really put Ultima to test...
So you're just going to rest up he shoulder and wait a bit? I was a bit confused.