..::: The Ultima Sponsored Conquest :::..

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
So you're just going to rest up he shoulder and wait a bit? I was a bit confused.
It was actually a planned/scheduled break right before my cut/transformation.

I will be getting mentally prepared and get my meals scheduled.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I know royd's pictures show up when you search for "bag of dicks" using MSN's live search, but have we ever seen pictures of xjsynx?
I have....they were posted on my previous AM logs too....and I might post some shoulder pics....

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Upcoming Training Split (03.16.09) looks like this for two weeks

Monday: Lower body
Tuesday: Upper body + steady state cardio
Wednesday: Intervals + Abs
Thursday: Lower body
Friday: OFF
Saturday: Metabolic training
Sunday: Upper body​

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
Subbed. Late to the party lol. Lots of love in hear I see..............:D

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Ultima Day 6

*Stopped set and had to throw up....the stutter reps were more intense than I had thought they would be.

The remaining workout was a struggle, for I had a headache, felt dizzy, weak, and started cramping up, so I kept the remaining weight light and rested as much as I needed, but did manage to keep the same weight for leg curls.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think i could survive stutter reps on the romanian deadlifts, but not on squats

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Weird. You weren't dehydrated or anything? Maybe the lower carbs?

I've been slamming water, so not sure what the culprit was....but I slammed Powerade Zero last night and today to help balance out any electrolyte loss...

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Ultima Day 7

Had a solid workout, but I took it lighter on the presses to test the shoulder. In addition, did some elastic band work prior to workout and post workout for rotor cuff.

Stutter reps are killer. Since this is my first run on this routine, I am looking for greater muscle endurance to increase.

I hate cardio of all forms. But I was mentally prepared and felt fine, before cardio and post cardio.

DOMS is up, but legs actually feel better after the steady state cardio.
But DOMS for upper body starting to kick in...

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
I know royd's pictures show up when you search for "bag of dicks" using MSN's live search, but have we ever seen pictures of xjsynx?
Lol no. He knows better. If he were a company rep no one would take him seriousz. :)

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established

Had a solid workout, but I took it lighter on the presses to test the shoulder. In addition, did some elastic band work prior to workout and post workout for rotor cuff.

Stutter reps are killer. Since this is my first run on this routine, I am looking for greater muscle endurance to increase.

I hate cardio of all forms. But I was mentally prepared and felt fine, before cardio and post cardio.

DOMS is up, but legs actually feel better after the steady state cardio.
But DOMS for upper body starting to kick in...
I do believe that I would literally die if I attempted your workout. :D

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Xjsynx, have you ever tried Poseidon to combat the electrolye loss? Iron Lungz needed fluids, and here you are cramping. Perhaps my Poseidon will help keep me topped up, I take 2 scoops w/ my Intra-WO shake, and have been taking ULTIMA before/right at start.

Also I like the image with your workout, although it is kinda big :)

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Xjsynx, have you ever tried Poseidon to combat the electrolye loss? Iron Lungz needed fluids, and here you are cramping. Perhaps my Poseidon will help keep me topped up, I take 2 scoops w/ my Intra-WO shake, and have been taking ULTIMA before/right at start.

Also I like the image with your workout, although it is kinda big :)
Steveoph,

yeah I am a big fan of Poseidon, and will take a dose in the morning and another one around noon.

The dehydration issues I was experiencing, I believe was caused by throwing up, and I am no longer experiencing muscle cramps. Just a lil sore now : D

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Ultima Day 7.25

I dosed a 1/4+- scoop of Ultima sublingually about 30 minutes prior to Elliptical intervals and Abs.

Intervals felt good...was in a good place mentally....it felt like the 12 minutes flew by.

The Ab routine was also solid. I haven't directly targeted abs for awhile, so my stomach feels nice and tight today...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I need to figure out some way to get a tub of ultima without paying for it. cash too tight the next few months still. I'm probably not back to normal finances till August. ugh.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
I need to figure out some way to get a tub of ultima without paying for it. cash too tight the next few months still. I'm probably not back to normal finances till August. ugh.
Become a solo performer. $2500 + limo ride.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Wanna cut my grass?

:D

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Ultima Day 8.25

Decent workout. Wasn't too motivated at first, but once in the gym, I was good to go.

During the workout, I start feeling drained, because of the minimal rest, but when switching exercises, the extended rest helps me catch my breath, and ready to hit the next superset.

And once I leave the gym, I feel fine again, and if I had to do more work I would be able to, even though I wouldn't want too...

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Ultima Day 8.75

Used 1/2 scoop pre-workout.

Muscle endurance really kicked my ass. Generally I can hammer out 12-15 Burpess, but it was tough following DB Thrusters., and although I felt I could do more body squats, I stopped at 20, trying to save something in the tank.

135 for squats felt like a ton, and did not get any easier. Legs were super pumped from the explosive exercises.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Ultima Day 9.75

Upper body work feels like a walk in the park, when compared to leg and metabolic work.

The Iso-dynamic lat pulldowns hit the back real nice, but weight needed to be kept on the low end.

DB presses were weak. I was hoping to hit 80-85, but hitting shoulders first didn't allow me to.

*I finished the remaining hammer curls, unilaterally, which made me feel much stronger, and really focus on contraction.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
solid workouts. notice anything in body composition?

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Ultima Day 10.75

After throwing up during this workout last week. I was looking forward to hitting it again, and seeing what I can do; however, as time approached to actually do the workout, I was thinking of every excuse I can make to skip or take it easy.

Once I got to the gym, I thought about just using a warm up as a work set, starting at 135 and work my way up...but instead I finally got myself to attempt the weight that made me want to puke last time, and was able to do it all 5 sets.

I wanted to squeeze out more reps; after the 2nd and third set, but since some douche was doing who knows what in the only power rack in the gym, I was using the standard squat racks, and in order for me to squat a2g I had to walk out of the rack. Walking back and reracking the weight was the fun part.

And now, after fight myself and not lose motivation, I relit that fire and pumped up for the remaining week.

*Forthcoming, midpoint Ultima review

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
solid workouts. notice anything in body composition?
I've been feeling more dense and full.

After starting the diet last week, I was up around 208, and since Sunday (night) down to 201. I am sure the majority is water.

So, in regards to body comp because of Ultima. I believe it will help out most during this phase if my work capacity increases, and I believe it did play a role in last night's workout along with adaptation.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Midway Review

I can't say I can tell a difference between dosing sublingually; however, it keeps the stomach light and I don't get bloated.

Sipping on Ultima intraworkout, could be part of the reason after the workout I still feel good despite a grueling workout, but would need to dose all pre-workout to tell the difference.

Muscle endurance. During heavy workouts, I did feel an increase in muscle endurance and strength.
Last week muscle endurance was down on a new routine, which was somewhat expected. And increased muscle endurance was up the second week; however, a portion wold be due to adaptation.

I would say for myself the greateast assist Ultima delivers is it's mind and muscle connection. The level of focus and preparedness has been great, and extremely noticeable when feeling mentally fatigued after a long day at work.

Mix ability is solid, no complaints.

Taste. No qualms with the taste either. It is actually quite refreshing form the typical flavorings out there.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Ultima Day 11.75

Another solid "stim-free" workout. Recovery has also been improving.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Ultima Day 12

1/4 scoop pre-intervals + abs.

Intervals went smooth, nothing new to report...

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Ultima Day 13

CNS still feels strong, but still pushing muscle endurance.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Ultima Day 14

Dosed a 1/2 a scoop pre-metabolic training (mt), and had another half-scoop for peri-mt.

I was hardly able to sip on the Ultima peri-mt, since it felt like I never caught my breath.

Visibly sweatier than normal. When Ii would do Burpess, I left a more sweatier hand print than normal.

Burpess were still tough, but more manageable.

Second circuit, still was brutal.

Well, after 14 dosing of Ultima, I can say the biggest improvement has to do with my CNS.

Muscle endurance increases with workouts, but this it typical.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Ultima Day 15

Stutter reps never get easy, shoulder is starting to feel much stronger, but not pushing 100% until I feel my shoulder is near 100%.

I am not a big advocate of the so called "pump"; however, iso-dynamics really get you pumped, but my routine does not revolve around the pump.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
Awesome before and after pictures! Quite an improvement!:thumbsup: