Getting Bad Ass in the Jungle log(unsponsored)

thomasmaduck

thomasmaduck

Awards
Well first off I'd like to say hi to everyone on AM. I am looking forward to getting to know a few of you over the next 8 weeks. I will be stacking ALRI's Jungle Warfare with Bad Ass Mass while clean bulking for the next two months.
My Background​
I am a 21 yr old male from Canada.I am currently going to University working on a Geology degree. I have been lifting weights for 6 years, 3 of which I have taken pretty seriously. Eating healthy is a second nature to me, as my mom is a personal trainer and father is a registered nurse, and have influenced me from a young age. I am just getting back to the gym after having my appendix taken out 3 weeks ago, so figured it would be a great time to start this stack as I have some specific goals in mind after not working out for close to a month.
Lifting​
For the next two weeks I will be easing back into the heavy lifting. I personally prefer lifting really heavy weights with low reps for putting on size. So I will be doing a modified 5x5 training program starting in 2 weeks...until then i will be keeping the reps in the 8-12 range so as to not get a hernia. I will try to log every workout and note any personal bests that I may achieve.
Nutrition​
My current weight is 190.5 as of this morning. And I am guessing that my bodyfat is around 12-14%. I will be taking before pictures this coming weekend as my parents are coming down for a visit, and are bringing my camera and my bodyfat calipers. So for diet I am going to start with

285g protein
355g carbs
106g fat
and adjust from there so as to gain about 1-1.5 pounds a week.My main sources of food will be:
chicken
tuna
extra lean beef
eggs
cottage cheese
whey protein
cucumber
brocoli
oatmeal
brown rice
Peanut Butter
EVOO
Salad
Green Beans
Supplements:
Multivitamin
Vitamin C
Fish Oil
FLax oil
Desiccated Liver Tablets
also have been taking SP250 and SizeOn for my creatine and preworkout sources but may switch brands once they are done.
The JW and BAM will be done in this protocol:
Weeks 1-2: JW
Weeks 3-4: JW + BAM
Weeks 5-6: JW + BAM
Weeks 7-8: JW + BAM
Weeks 9-10: BAM

Goals​
My goal is to gain 10 lbs of lbm over the course of this log while staying around the 10-12% for bodyfat wise.I will be taking my weight once a week as well as progress pics everyonce in a while :) As well as reporting:
mood:
strength:
libido:
sleep:
side effects:
and anything else I can think of or ppl ask for. Alright time to get started!!!!Wish me luck!!!

thomasmaduck

thomasmaduck

Awards
Day 1

So today was the first day of JW and BAM so nothing really to report today.I would also like to mention that this is the first time I've used any supplements of this nature. So am really excited to see what they can do for me.

My workout today consisted of chest/tri's:
Incline Bench: 185x12,185x12,205x10,225x8
Incline DB Flies:35x12,35x12,35x12
Cable Flyes:45x12,45x12,45x12
Close Grip Bench:185x10,185x10,185x10
Cable pushdown:225x12,225x12,225x12
As I mentioned in the above post I am just getting back to the gym after a surgery so won't be lifting heavy for another 2 weeks or so. At that point I will be doing a 5x5 based program that I've used in the past to good success. But other than that the workout went good today...felt strong but didn't want to hurt myself so kept the reps high. Got a pretty good pump as well.

thomasmaduck

thomasmaduck

Awards
Day 2

Well I was pissed off all day today and took it out in the gym. Had a really good Back/Bi's workout. Got an amazing pump, probably from the amount of food ive been eating and the higher reps. Tried to really focus on the mind muscle connection today and it worked out great. My workout was as follows:

Lat pulldown: 225x12, 225x12, 225x10, 225x9
Closegrip cable row: 250x12, 250x12, 250x10
T-Bar Row: 90x15, 90x14, 90x12
DB curl: 40x12, 40x10
Cable Curl:50x12, 50x10, 50x9

I enjoy the pump from high reps but i can't wait to get back to throwing some bigger weights around.

Mood: pissed off all day, not related to JW
Strength: felt strong but didn't want to injure myself
Libido:high
Sleep: had a great sleep last night which is rare..but had trouble waking up...didn't feel like getting out of bed
Side effects: slightly lethargic this morning?

thomasmaduck

thomasmaduck

Awards
Day 3

Day off from the gym today. Really sore from the last couple days.

aggression:normal
libido:high
strength:na
pumps:na
intensity:na
energy:lots
sides:none
sleep quality:really deep sleep again which is weird?

thomasmaduck

thomasmaduck

Awards
Day 4

Had a unbelievable day! Cooked up about 4 pounds of chicken and 2 pounds of extra lean beef, as well as a whack load of brown rice and steamed broccoli. So im set for the next couple days. Went to the gym mid afternoon and killed shoulders, traps and calves.Felt so good to have my old intensity back so i tore it up!

Shoulders/Traps/Calves

Seated BB military press- 135x15, 135x14, 135x13
DB Lateral Raises- 40x12, 40x12, 40x10
Seated DB lateral raise- 40x10 drop set to 20x15
Bent over lateral-40x15, 40x15, 40x13 These were super setted with
Front Raises- 30x15, 30x15, 30x15
Db Shrugs- 90x15, 90x15, 90x15 super setted with
Farmer Carry-60lb dumbells each hand walked length of gym and back = 1 set
DB Calf raise-40x15, 40x15, 40x15, 40x15

Now this is way more volume than I usually use but I'm not going to failure and the reps are high with light weight.

aggression:really high in the gym
strength:awesome
pumps:crazy
intensity:through the roof
sleep quality:really deep sleep again which i am really enjoying

thomasmaduck

thomasmaduck

Awards
Day 5

I am gone out of town till sunday so won't have anything to report till then. I hit snooze 4 times thisaggression:really high in the gym

intensity:day off from the gym but really wish it wasn't
sleep quality:broken sleep and weird dreams...really lethargic this morning

thomasmaduck

thomasmaduck

Awards
oh I will also put up some pics on sunday or monday as I will have my camera with me again.

thomasmaduck

thomasmaduck

Awards
Day 8

Got back from my trip yesterday so spend the remainder of the night cooking and relaxing. Today I hit the gym hard and crushed my chest...had a good workout. I also took some pics yesterday so I'll try and figure out how to put them up.

Chest

Flat Bench- 225x10, 225x10, 225x10 drop set to 135x 11
Incline Bench- 175x12, 175x110, 175x9
Incline Flyes- 45x11, 45x10, 45x9
Cable crossover- 45x12, 45x12
Pushups- 35, 33

Last week of light lifting. Super pumped.

strength:feel really strong but haven't had a chance to test it yet
pumps:crazy pumps happening
intensity:im in the zone!
sides:couple pimples developing on my back and get lethargic in the morning
sleep quality:i'm sleeping really well which i like...but any suggestions to get rid of the lethargy in the morning?

thomasmaduck

thomasmaduck

Awards
Day 9

Thanks panther I hope to be a beast by the end of this!

Trained back today, and felt pretty good.
Back
Reverse grip lat pulldown-205x14, 205x14, 205x12
Reverse grip bentover row-175x12, 175x12, 175x12
Lat pullup-10, 9,7
Closegrip cablerow-225x12, 225x12, 225x110

strength:feeling strongggg
pumps:average today
intensity:can't stop me!
energy:not much today
sides:skin is definitely more oily than normal
sleep quality:had a horrible sleep last night so it probably is what effected my energy levels today

thomasmaduck

thomasmaduck

Awards
6 whole eggs + 150 grams lean ground beef with two slice of cheese and 2 slices of whole grain bread yummmmmm

Now its time to kill shoulders and arms in the gym. Feel like a pyscho today so we'll see what happens! :)

thomasmaduck

thomasmaduck

Awards
Day 10

So I was in a rush to get to the gym and make it to class on time so I utilized some giant sets and little rest time to get a quick shoulders and arms workout in. The pump was sick!

Shoulers/Arms

Seated DB press-75x15, 75x14
Tricep Pushdown-105x12, 105x12
BB curl-80x14, 80x12
Did each of those exercises in a row then 90 sec rest then went through them again.

Db lateral raise- 35x12, 35x10
Closegrip pushup-33, 29
incline seated db curl- 25x15, 25x13

Same thing did two giant sets with this group then had to get to class...pump was nuts but i felt really rushed. Oh well next week Ill start throwing some heavier weights up.

libido:really high
strength:felt strong
pumps:wicked
intensity:im in the zone
energy:mediocre
sides: oily skin
sleep quality:had a deep sleep with weird dreams last night

topchoic

Awards
I dont see your starting weight anywhere man! please post it

thomasmaduck

thomasmaduck

Awards
Day 11

My starting weight was 190.5 and I am now up to 192.5. So I'm up 2lbs so far! And I haven't even started moving the big weights yet! Look out. Today wasn't a workout day as I was driving 7hrs to be home for feb break. Will be hitting legs for the first time since my surgery tomorrow...will keep ya posted.

libido:really high
intensity:wanted to rip my stearing wheel off a couple times when I got stuck behind some slow drivers lol
sides:eek:ily skin
sleep quality:sleeping great still
Aggression:thought I'd add this one because i have noticed more aggression and irritability the last couple days...i like it!!

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Your rear double bi is wicked nice hardness.

thomasmaduck

thomasmaduck

Awards
thanks somewhatgifted....trying to get those lats wider and the chest bigger

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I can tell by the pics you have a strong shoulder press, strong triceps and upper chest. THis means your shoulder probably dominates over your mid and lower chest and hampers its growth. This is tough to over come but you can re-train yourself to hit the lower portions and your lower chest will blow up and your lifts will increase.

thomasmaduck

thomasmaduck

Awards
you hit the nail on the head....my shoulders really dominate the lift and im really trying to focus on using my chest to press or fly but having trouble.any suggestions?