East Texas Style feat- Nettle & Prime

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Hello everyone, this is my first time logging stuff online, so I'm pretty excited to get to it:
About me:
I am 21 y/o, 6'3" & 1/2, and between 188-192 pounds (do not know body fat %). I have been lifting since I was a freshman in high school (2001) and starting lifting routinely last July. I was always very skinny growing up (around 150) until I started lifting and got to the weight I am now. I have used a few different routines including basic volume training, GVT, and most recently DC training. I really just try to lift as hard as I can all of the time.

Supplements:
Bulk Nettle (weeks 1-4 & 9-12) Dosed at 1500 or 2000 mg
ATD (weeks 1-4 & 9-12) Dosed at 25 mg every night
Blue Up (weeks 1-4) Dosed at 2 per day
Prime (weeks 5-8) Dosed at 6 per day, 5 days a week
Bulk 1-Carboxy (weeks 5-8) Dosed at 1/3 tsp before bed

Staples:
Creatine Mono
L-Luecine
Bulk P-Slin (post w/o)
Fish Oil
Multi
Coconut Oil
Protein

Stuff I rarely use:
Jacked
White Flood
Cordygen V02

Diet:
I think I eat pretty good, lots of greens, veggies, fruits, lean chicken, tuna, salmon, beans, eggs, cheese, rice, whole grain breads and pastas. I'm not going to list every meal though. Also I try to limit my carbs after 6 P.M.

Work Out Protocol:
6 Day Split
  1. Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, Back
  2. Biceps, Quads, Hams, Calfs
  3. Just Cardio
  4. Heavy Upper Body
  5. Heavy Lower Body
  6. Just Cardio
Days 1 & 2 are EDT style
Days 4 & 5 are mostly compound lifts (i. e. Clean & press) & body weight stuff (i. e. Push ups)
On cardio days I will let y'all know how much I ran, and an approx time
Also I do an ab workout every other morning

Conclusion:
I look forward to hearing anything ya'll on AM have to say or advice you have to give me. Oh and I will try to get some current pics up soon...

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
So today was the first day. Took 500 mg of Nettle upon waking up and 500 mg at lunch, and two Blue Up before lifting.
The Work Out
Incline DB press & Bent Rows for 20 minutes
I got 101 reps @ 60 lbs on the Incline Press & 105 reps @ 120 lbs on the Rows.

DB Shoulder press & DB extensions for 20 minutes
I got 59 reps @ 45 lbs on the Shoulder presses & 70 reps @ 55 lbs on the Extensions.

Pull ups for 5 minutes
I did 28 pull ups

I also did a 5 minute walk/jog/sprint after lifting

After thoughts
After completing the work out I consumed 20 grams of Dextrose, 30 grams of Waxy Maize Starch, 10 grams of Luecine, and 5 grams of Creatine Mono (this is my typical post work out drink) Then about 15 minutes later I had a protein shake with around 60 grams of protein. Another 15 minutes later I took one serving of bulk p-slin and after 30 minutes I ate a full plate of rice, potatoes, and chicken.

I still have another serving of nettle to take and the ATD tonight. The workout today felt really good and I already look forward to tommrows little leg and bicep workout.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Alright guys, had a great breakfast this morning, followed by a pretty good workout:
The Work Out
Barbell Lunges & Hammer Curls for 20 minutes
I got 112 reps @ 90 lbs on the lunges & 72 reps @ 35 lbs on the curls

Stiff Leg Deadlift & DB Calf Raises for 20 minutes
I got 93 reps @ 135 lbs on the SLDL & 128 reps @ 55 lbs on the calf raises

No jog or anything after the workout

After thoughts
I think I had a fairly good workout today, my hams are sore and my lower back was too but only right after I finished the workout. After I consumed the same post workout drink, followed by a 60 gram protein shake. I am about to consume a serving of pslin and eat a big lunch consisting of: a chicken breast, rice, freshly picked mustard greens, and some carrots.
I took the first ATD last night with my last serving of the nettle and a bioperine cap. I can't wait to start seeing the results in a few weeks.
Oh yeah, and today I tried one scoop of Jacked pre workout and it does taste pretty good, i can't compare it to sierra mist or anything like that bc I have never had one, but it wasn't bad. I did notice an increase in my performance though today which I can attribute to it. I might try another scoop or two before my run tomorrow, but I will probably just stick to a few Cordygen V02 for my pre cardio.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Man I woke up this morning and I have the worst DOMS that I have since I can remeber. My upper body feels more sore today than it did yesterday, and my both of my legs are completely sore. This morning I ate a banana, tsp of coconut oil, a 30 protein drink 30 minutes after waking up. In about two hours or so I'll have a few scrambled eggs with two peices of whole wheat toast covered in salmonella infested peanut butter. And laster today I got a short run, maybe 2 or 3 miles straight, then I'm gonna do a short ab/core routine after. I'll keep you guys posted...

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Run

I just finished up my little run today. I took three Cordygen V02 30 min pre run.
The Run
I warmed up with a 7:15 mile, then after a 2 min rest I ran 10 50 yard and back sprints all under 20 seconds, resting the remaining minute until starting on the next one. Once I completed all 10 I did a 1/2 mile cool down.

After the run I did an ab routine consisting of 10 minutes of swiss ball crunches, ball reverse crunches, and DB side bends with a 45 lbs DB. And then I did two 2 minute planks to finish it off.

After Thoughts
Post run I changed up my first drink. I opened up a Dymatize Flud (waxy maize) fruit punch flavored and mixed it with the usual 10 grams of Leucine and 5 grams of creatine mono. Then I just had a 30 gram protein drink, and now I am waiting on my lunch which is: a chicken breast, red potatoes, and some rice.

I will try to get some more veggies and greens in today, along with an apple and maybe an orange or some fresh squeezed orange juice. No I think I just might juice some carrots and yams in a little bit. I am looking forward to tomorrows w/o- probably some clean & press, deadlifts, pull/chin ups, push ups, and some bench dips. Have a good day...

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
So tired...

Alright so today I did a ton of upper body stuff, it went down like this:
The Work Out
Clean and Press (all the way up and down) w/ Bench dips & push ups for 15 minutes
Clean & press @ 100 lbs for 48 reps and 58 dips along with 57 push ups (legs 1 1/2 feet off ground)

Deadlfit for 3 working sets after two 205 lb warm ups sets
245 for 11 reps, 260 for 6 reps, 260 for 5 reps

Pull ups/chin ups and resistance band side/bent laterals for 15 minutes
53 total pull/chin ups and I just did 5 side/bent laterals slowly after each pull/chin set

I did a short 3 minute cool down walk/jog/sprint after

After Thoughts
I was dead tired after this one, but I think I did a really good job today. I was extremely pumped up with two scoops of Jacked 30 minutes pre workout. The clean and presses took a lot out of me and I took my time getting to the deadlifts after them. I was so pumped though when I was doing the deadlifts, I didn't want to stop doing them, but I had to proceed with the workout. I followed it up with the usual post workout procedures, and now I am waiting on my chicken breast, greens, and rice- I just took a 1/4 tsp of pslin. I am really enjoying this so far- and tomorrow I got some lower body stuff to get to, probably just some squats and power cleans. If anyone has any advice or anything just let me know...

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Leg Day

The Work Out
Squats- warm up w/ 165 & 185
Working sets- 215 for 10 reps, 235 for 8 reps, & 245 for 5 reps

Calf Raises- 165 for 3 sets and 20 reps

Power Cleans- 105 for 5 reps, 125 for 5 reps, and 150 for 3 reps

Box Jumps (24 in) 3 sets of 5 jumps

After Thoughts
I felt really good today after this one, of course I was beat after doing those power cleans. Today was the first day that I had done them for a few months, and I thought that my form was really good. I would have liked to go heavier on squats but I wasn't really in the mood. Tomorrow I got a little run and some abs to do...

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Cardio

Today was just a light and easy cardio/abs day. My legs were pretty sore this morning so I did not want to go to hard

The Work Out
1/2 mile - jump rope until I messed up 5 times
repeated 3 times - total time of 20 minutes

After Thoughts
I felt good after the short run and jump rope. Today I ate a ton after: wheat pancakes, eggs, and a banana. The last few days I have been axing out stumps and I can really feel it in my shoulders. But tomorrow I still got a bunch of upper body stuff to do. I think I going to bump up my dosage to 2 total grams a day of the nettle root starting tomorrow.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Upper Body Day

Today was a pretty tought upper day, here is what I did:

The Work Out
Flat DB Press and DB Row for 20 minutes
Flat DB Press @ 75 lbs for 65 reps & DB row @ 55 lbs for 78 reps

Reverse Grip Bench Press and Upright Rows for 20 minutes
RGBP @ 110 lbs for 75 reps & Upright Rows @ 75 lbs for 81 reps

Pull Ups for 5 minutes
30 total pull ups

3 minutes jog/walk/sprint

After Thoughts
I was kind of upset following the DB presses, I struggled for the last 5 minutes to get the weight up and only got like 6 reps during that time. The rows were to easy, I think I should have used like 65 lbs for that one. The RGBP and Upright Rows were pretty good, I will go a bit higher on the weight with those next time too. I got two more pull ups in the 5 minutes this time than I did last time, so that pretty good. Tomorrow I am upping the doage to two grams a day on the nettle root from the 1.5 grams I used for the first seven days. I might go to some supplement shop down in Houston tomorrow to pick up a different flavor protein powder since I am getting tired of chocolate and the unflavored stuff that I have a ton of. All in all a good day of lifting today and tomorrow will be a lower body day along with a little biceps.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Lower Body Day

Jeez I was sore this morning, my back, shoulders, and especially my chest were burning...

The Work Out
Barbell Step Ups (24 inches) & Reverse Grip EZ bar curls for 20 minutes
Step ups @ 85 lbs I got 90 reps (45 each leg) & curls @ 60 lbs I got 86 reps

DB Stiff leg deadlift & Single leg standing DB calf raise
DB SLDL @ 65 lbs per DB for 85 reps & calf raises @ 45 lbs for 89 reps per leg

After Thoughts
Today went really well although it was cold and windy outside with a real light misty sprinkle of percipitation. I was worried that I might slip when doing the step ups but luckily I did not. Pre work out I finally took a full serving of Jacked and I could tell a differnce. I was not really winded until the final few minutes of lifting and I felt a nice pump through out the session. I weighed in this morning @ an even 190, so I am up two pounds in a week which is good. Today I am going up to two grams of nettle for the day and I will be making the trip down to Houston in a little bit (gf's sister's b-day party/night out) so I will tell the gf to stop me by a supplement shop to see if they have any good deals on some flavored protein powder.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
So tired...

Ok sorry I did not update yesterday, I was out all day. I did not get a chance to do any cardio, but I still did do like 20 min worth of ab/core stuff.

The Work Out
Alt DB Clean & Press & Push Press for 15 minutes
Clean @ 55 lbs for 23 reps & Press @ 65 lbs for 49 reps

Deadlift - Warm up sets of 165, 205, & 255 - Working set @ 275 for 8 reps

Pull/chin ups & Diamond push ups for 10 minutes
48 total pull/chin ups & 41 total push ups

After Thoughts
I still cannot believe that I got that 275 for 8 reps on the deadlift. The most I had got at 275 was 3 reps and today I almost triples that. I was so pupped up, it could have come from the Jacked? After that though I was really fatigued and kind of just pushed myself as hard as I could go for the pull ups and push ups, which did not amount to much. I did get some new protein powder at the shop, some no name stuff that the owner gave me a good deal on. I do not even remember the name brand right now, but it's a meal replacement. It was so cheap I just could not pass on the deal, so I picked up a few of them. I also picked up my favorite peanut butter in the world, "Power Butter", in the four pound tub. This stuff is so good if havent tried it. I wish nutra would carry it so I could have a study supply. The last one pound jar I had was stretched out to last me like a month, I wonder how long I can make the four pound tub last? Well all in all it was a great day today for me, and tomorrow I got legs so I'll let y'all know how it goes...

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
To cold...

This morning was really cold outside (where my squat rack is) but it was leg day...

The Work Out

Squats - a few warm up sets - 1 working set @ 215 for 20 reps

After Thoughts
It was too cold for me to really do anything else today, so I just did what I could and called it a day. The one set was really hard though, that is the most I have ever got on a 20 rep set. Now my knees kind of hurt though, not too much, just a little bit of pain. I think tomorrow I am going to go really lite on the cardio, probably just do some slow jogging or walking for a while. I never get sore joints like this, even while doing heavy squats and deads, I think that the ATD is kicking in, maybe? I'm still eating really good, got some homemade oatmeal bread, chicken, & greens coming up in a little bit.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
A short run

No more knee soreness today...

The Work Out
2 mile jog/ very slow pace, just under 20 minutes
20 minutes of ab/core stuff

After Thoughts
I felt good this morning and went on the early jog in the freezing weather. My knees felt nice after the run, so that is good. Tomorrow is going to be the same workout as day 1, so I can see if I have improved (which I am pretty sure I have) or got weaker. I think I am going to bump up the incline db press to 65, and the bent row to 130, but I do not know about the other two. I'm excited about tomorow...

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Day 13

Today was an upper body day

The Work Out
Incline DB press & Bent Rows for 20 minutes
Incline DB press @ 65 lbs for 94 reps & Bent rows @ 130 lbs for 96 reps

DB shoulder press & DB extension for 20 minutes
DB shoulder press @ 45 lbs for 76 reps & Extensions @ 60 lbs for 76 reps

5 minutes of pull ups ( I did these different than regular pull ups, I held onto the bar while it is racked on my squat rack and put my feet on a bench and pulled up, I haven't done these in awhile so I didn't add weight)
I did 54 reps in the 5 minutes

After Thoughts
So I got the percentages in total work this time. A .825% increase in total work in the Incline DB press, .95% decrease in Bent Rows, 28.8% increase in DB shoulder press, & 18.4% increase in DB extensions. I think that these are all good, except for the obvious bent row lift. I think I should have only jumped up 5 lbs instead of the full 10 that I added. It was noticably more difficult this time around. I was most proud of the way I was knocking out the shoulder presses, last time I was fatigued a lot from the incline press, but this time I wasn't as tired. Just finished my post work out meal, some whole wheat pancakes and eggs, it was so good.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Lower Body day

So today I did legs & some biceps

The Work Out
Lunges & Hammer curls for 20 minutes
Lunges @ 95 lbs for 122 reps (61 pre leg) & curls @ 40 lbs for 79 reps

Stiff leg deadlift & DB Calf raises for 20 minutes
SLDL @ 145 lbs for 93 reps & DB CR @ 60 lbs for 130 reps

After Thoughts
My percentage increase were up all pretty high on the total work done today, compared to the last time I did this workout. Lunges increased by 15%, Hammer curls by 25.4%, SLDL by 7.4% (the hardest thing I did today), & DB CR by 10.8%. I also weighed in this morning at 192 lbs, up by 2 pounds from last week. I saw that sale on Prime this morning at Nutra, and I'm contemplating pick up some. I might also have to get another Jacked (I am starting to become a pretty big fan of this), and some other essentails that I can use. I also got a flag football game today in Houston with one of my friends that plays in a league, he asked me if I wanted to play and I said sure. So I will be down there until it is kinda late tonight.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Little Run

The Work Out
3 mile run/walk - 5 min run then 2 min walk for 3 miles- elapsed time 29 min
Short ab/core workout

After Thoughts
This morning it was really cold outside, but I felt like doing something that took a bit longer than my last few runs. I really liked the pace I was able to hold on for the 5 min run stages, and the 2 min walk really helped me do that. I did not get to eat that much so far today, had lots of work to keep me busy and away from the table, sucks. But I hope I can get some more food tonight, maybe get some scrambled eggs or something in a little bit. Tomorrow is going to be an upper body day, some clean & press, deadlifts, and pull ups. I think I going for reps on the deadlift, I might try to rep out @ like 225 and see how many I can get. I'll post on that tomorrow.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Upper Body

The Work Out
Clean & Press, Bench dips, & push ups for 15 minutes
Clean & Press @ 110 for 39 reps, 96 total push ups & dips

Deadlifts @ 225 for 21 reps

Pull/chin ups & resistance band side laterals for 15 minutes
70 total pull/chin ups

After Thoughts
I don't know what happened today, I felt really sluggish, even after my first set of the clean & presses. I really had a hard time with the clean & presses, and it carried over to the deadlifts. I thought I was going to get closer to 25 reps, but I only got 21. I did a good job with the pull/chin ups, they keep feeling easier & easier. I felt hungry all day, but I didn't eat that much. I am about to put in an order from Nutra, probably just like the Prime deal and some other essential stuff. Tomorrow is a lower body day, I think I am going to do a few heavy sets of squats...

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Lower Body...

The Work Out
Squats - two warm up sets then 4 sets of 3 @ 255 lbs
Calf Raises - two sets to failure @ 185 lbs for 22 & 12 reps
Front Squats - two sets of 12 @ 125 lbs

After Thoughts
My quads were dead after this one, I am still almost limping around here. I hate front squats badly, but I just felt like doing them and I might start doing them more frequently. I placed more order w/ Nutra on the Prime, so I think I am going to extend the Prime out to 6 weeks @ 6 caps a day. I also just picked up some extra creatine mono, alcar, & digestive enzymes. I got some potatoes, backed chicken breast, homemaid bread, and some homemaid tomato soup for lunch. Tomorrow is going to be a cardio day, I think I am going to do some sprints...

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Cardio Day

Hey CT- funny thing I popped 4 V02 this morning 30 min pre cardio

The Work Out
30 minutes of 50 yard sprints w/ short rests in between
Short ab/core routine

After Thoughts
I felt like I could have went longer on the sprints, but my knees were bothering me again. I saw some of my friends that I hadn't seen in a few weeks and they remarked that I looked leaner than the last time they had seen me, then I told them that I was up a few pounds since then. I don't know if they believed me but it was the truth. I got a busy day ahead of me today, lots of painting and stuff, so I don't know if I am going to be able to eat a bunch but i'll try. Tomorrow is upper body day so i'll keep ya'll posted...

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
How's the v02 treatin ya buddy? Log looks real good so far by the way!

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
How's the strength thus far and do you contribute it to the supplements?
Also, how's the weight gain thus far?

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Upper Body

Hardknock- my strength is up & my endurance is way up as of now, I can attribute some this to the nettle root. I have put on around 6 pounds so far in almost three weeks, which is real good for me. And I'm not eating so much that I would put on a bunch of fat, I think I'm eating just the right amount.

The Work Out
Flat DB Press & Bent DB Row for 20 minutes
DB Press @ 75 lbs for 76 reps & DB Row @ 60 lbs for 73 reps

Reverse grip bench & Upright Rows for 20 minutes
Reverse grip @ 120 lbs for 72 reps & Upright @ 80 lbs for 82 reps

5 minutes of the chair pull ups w/ 20 lbs added resistance for 35 reps

After Thoughts
Today was a real good day, all of my % changes were up enough for me to be somewhat satisfied. My DB press was up 16.9% (real happy about this one), DB Row up only 2.1%, Reverse grip up 4.7%, and the upright row up 7.9%. I was almost exhausted after the DB press & row today, but I just had to keep pushing. I didn't weigh in until after the workout and I was still up 6 (to 194) pounds for almost four weeks. I will weigh in on Monday morning to keep it official, I hope I am up to 195. Tomorrow is a leg day & biceps...

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Lowe Body

The Work Out
Step ups & Reverse Grip curls for 20 minutes
step ups @ 95 lbs for 88 reps & curls @ 65 lbs for 93 reps

DB Stiff leg deadlifts @ Single DB One leg calf raise for 20 minutes
DB SLDL @ 70 lbs for 86 reps & Calf raises @ 50 lbs for 89 reps

After Thoughts
I was beat after this one, and my knees were kind of hurting too. But all of % were positive: a 8.5% increase in the step ups, 10.7% on the reverse curls, 8.2% on the stiff leg deadlift, & a 7.9% on the calf raise. Today I ate extremely good, had some chicken, potatoes, peas, & home made bread for lunch. And then some egg burritos for dinner like an hour ago. I had yet to notice this until now but I got a lot of acne built up on the back of my shoulder and on my back too. I got to weigh in tomorrow morning first thing, I hope I am around 195 again. Then I got a little bit of cardio to do.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Cardio Day

The Work Out
5 sprints up hill about 1/4 mile long - walk back down - all sprints about 90 seconds long

Core work

After Thoughts
I weighed in this morning at only 193, I hoped to be at 195 but I just fell short. I think I'm going to try to get more food in me over the next few days to try to get there before I start the Prime. I think I am just going to start a new log when I start the Prime run, I just got to wait on my shipment from Nutra for the other two bottles. I will post some updated pics & give a final review after the next two work outs, and also do a final weigh in. I think so far though I have done a good job...

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Upper Body

The Work Out
DB Clean & Press & Push Press for 15 minutes
DB c&p @ 55 lbs for 32 reps & Push press @ 65 lbs for 64 reps

Deadlifts - 285 lbs for 6 reps & 300 lbs for 5 reps

Pull/Chin up & diamond push ups for 10 minutes
46 pull/chin ups & 48 push ups

After Thoughts
So today I wiped out all of my previous bests on the Deadlift. My old max was 295 for 1, lets just say I was really stoked to get the 300 for 5 reps after getting 285 for 6. I also got 9 more reps on the DB clean & press & 15 more reps on the push press. I ate like a freak after this one too; I had two huge bowls of some fresh homemade chicken pot pie w/ two homemade bisquets & some fresh picked mustard greens. I still feal pumped like two hours after the workout in my back. Tomorrow is a leg day, I'm thinking of just doing some front squats & back squats but we'll see about that.

The Work Out
DB Clean & Press & Push Press for 15 minutes
DB c&p @ 55 lbs for 32 reps & Push press @ 65 lbs for 64 reps

Deadlifts - 285 lbs for 6 reps & 300 lbs for 5 reps

Pull/Chin up & diamond push ups for 10 minutes
46 pull/chin ups & 48 push ups

After Thoughts
So today I wiped out all of my previous bests on the Deadlift. My old max was 295 for 1, lets just say I was really stoked to get the 300 for 5 reps after getting 285 for 6. I also got 9 more reps on the DB clean & press & 15 more reps on the push press. I ate like a freak after this one too; I had two huge bowls of some fresh homemade chicken pot pie w/ two homemade bisquets & some fresh picked mustard greens. I still feal pumped like two hours after the workout in my back. Tomorrow is a leg day, I'm thinking of just doing some front squats & back squats but we'll see about that.

couple questions.

1. are you resting any? Seems like you are working out or running every day?
2. Why are you taking your protien post workout after your carbohydrates intead of with it? what is the reasoning of drinking the protein drink later?
3. If you are tying to gain weight eat more(good foods of course) exercise less. Or do you run for a sport?

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
couple questions.

1. are you resting any? Seems like you are working out or running every day?
2. Why are you taking your protien post workout after your carbohydrates intead of with it? what is the reasoning of drinking the protein drink later?
3. If you are tying to gain weight eat more(good foods of course) exercise less. Or do you run for a sport?
No I do not take days off, I probably should but I have always had a saying "No Days Off" since I was young.
I have just read/heard that it is better to take your carb/free form aminos like 15 min post, then wait another 15 min until you take in your whey. I have taken them together before, but I just always change stuff up.
I am gaining weight, I do eat a bunch of food, I just enjoy running to tell you the truth, and it helps to keep the fat gain down and I feel that it helps my lifting too.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Leg Day

I am going to start Prime & Carboxy (pre bed) on Saturday, I'm pretty excited

The Work Out
Front Squats @ 160 followed right up w/ Back Squats @ 210 for 3 sets
8 reps/6 reps - 8/6 - 8/5

Squats all the way up to my tippy toes for 1 set @ 210 for 8 reps

Single leg squats for 3 sets & 5 reps each

After Thoughts
My whole body was sore from yesterday workout, so I kind of took it easy today. Tomorrow will be the last day of bulk nettle (Divanex) & ATD for now. The Prime will then start on Saturday with me taking Friday off to plan on what I want to do for the next few weeks with the Prime. I think I might want to go back with some rest pause stuff again. I had good results from that awhile back, then come back to this stuff in a few weeks. I will post some updated pics tomorrow with a review of the supplements that I have used over the past 24 days. Tomorrow I will probably just jog a few miles, nothing to strenous at all. Now I got some huge turkey burgers to get my hands on...

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
I am going to take today off, along with tomorrow, this includes no running or lifting. I think I got a pretty good idea of how I will be training while on the Prime. Something like Upper body, off, lower body, off, upper body, off, lower body, off and so on.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I hear ya about rest/pause brother...i've done some work in that field recently and it has definitely at least shocked my system.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Gettin Ready

So tomorrow I'm gonna start the Prime, 6 caps per day-no days off. I will be doing rest pause training. Working one excercise per body part per workout. There will be one set, 15 deep breaths, another set, 15 more deep breaths, and one final set for most excercises. I will post what other stuff that I take throughout the log as usual.

The review of the 24 days using the bulk Divanex & ATD - I liked it, I put on a few pounds, increases in strenght & endurance. Some slight acne on the back of my shoulders, I look foward to using these again in the future. I have liked Jacked for pre workout, I still have some left to use. The Cordygen V02 has been good on cardio, I still got like half a bottle and I want to use it pre workout some time soon.

Here are some current pics to compare to the first two that I posted. I know that my right arm/chest/shoulder is underdeveloped compaired to my left side. I'm going to push my right a lot more now, and try to use it for more eveyday activities (I'm left handed).

Attachments

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Upper Body

Today was my first day of rest pause training & Prime:

The Work Out

Decline DB Press @ 80 lbs - 11,5,3=19 total reps
Bent Rows @ 130 lbs - 12,7,3=22 total reps
Chin Ups - 10,4,3=17 total reps
Front Shoulder Press @ 115 lbs - 12,4,4=20 total reps
Skullcrushers @ 70 lbs - 12,6,4=22 total reps
Rackpulls (at knee level) @ 280 lbs - 1 set for 14 reps

After Thoughts
I feel so weak right now, seriously. I am not used to lifting like this anymore, and I feel sore but not sore like I was feeling for the last few weeks. I thought my endurance would be up, but I felt exhausted after the first set of decline DB presses. I was most dissapointed with the shoulder press. I hoped that I would have got around 25 reps, but I guess I just got to keep pushing. Now on to the supplements, I dosed two Prime with my first meal, which is a good two, two and a half hours pre workout. Then 40 mintues pre workout I took four Cordygen V02, no Jacked. Then I just sipped water throughout, and 10 min post workout I had the usual 30 gram WMS, 20-30 gram dextrose, 10 gram Leucine, 5 gram creatine, I even through in some old bulk BCAA, and some NOW stevia to not make it taste as bad as it should. After another 15 min I drank a 50 gram whey shake. Then 10 min later I had 1/4 tsp of bulk PSin. Finally after another 20 minutes I had two large egg sandwhiched on some whole wheat bread, with a second dose of two Prime. I will take the last two for the day around 6 with my last big meal of the day. I just finished off one right now, it was just some more fresh chicken pot pie with burning hot fresh out of the oven home made biscuits. I can't really describe how good it was, but I got a few bowls and biscuits. Tomorrow is an off day, then on Monday morning I got a leg workout, with some core stuff too. I think it will just be some rest paused SLDL, calf raises, then a 20 or more rep squat set.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Man this morning I was sore! The worst of it was my triceps and shoulders. Today is an off day for now, nothing to do. I'm just going to take my Prime and eat everything I can. Oh yeah, and last night I took a 1/3 tsp of the bulk carboxy and I just fell straight asleep, no hesitation or anything. And it was a deep sleep to, I usually wake up once a night and use the restroom, but not last night. I hope this continues throughout.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Leg Day

I had to get up early today to get my lifting in, here's what I did:

The Work Out

DB Stiff Leg Deadlift @ 85 lbs - 11,6,4=21 reps
Ab Work
Standing Barbell Calf raises @ 205 lbs - 24 total reps (1 set)
Squats @ 215 lbs - 21 total reps (1 set)

After Thoughts
I felt good after this one today. The sldl were ok, and the calf raises were ok, and I think I did good on the squats - I made sure to get my but to the ground on every rep. I'm sure that 215 is the most I have ever got for a 20+ squat. I made the trip down to Houston after to visit my family for the day and just get some rest. Tomorrow is an off day, then I have an upper body workout the following day.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Upper Body Day

I did not sleep good last night, and woke up feeling sick. Unfortunatley I lifted anyway:

The Work Out

Incline DB Press @ 70 lbs. - 9,7,5=21 reps
Reverse Close grip Bent Rows @ 125 lbs. - 8,5,4=17 reps
Wide Grip Pull Ups - 8,4,3=15 reps
Upright Row @ 85 lbs. - 9,6,3=18 reps
Close Grip Bench Press @ 135 lbs. - 10,5,3=18 reps
Deadlift - 305 lbs for 5 reps & 310 lbs for 3 reps

After Thoughts
I felt real sick once I was done with this one, I couldn't even get myself to eat whole foods until lunch time. Even then I had a hard time swallowing anything. I still had a nice size lunch of 3 wheat burritos with chicken, cheese, black beans, and avacadoes. Tomorrow is an off day, I look forward to just resting and taking it easy all day. I am not really enjoying this rest pause stuff so far, and I may switch to some other stuff after the next leg workout. I am still undecided though.

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
hey nice fu(kin progress man, u got pics and i can deffently c ur gaining man
do wat works u say u dont rest sum ppl dont have to. just keep ur goals ahead of u
just hit it hard and heavy!

I did not sleep good last night, and woke up feeling sick. Unfortunatley I lifted anyways

hey man when ur sick think of ur lifting as u fighting off the sickness
u may feel bad and u might puke! but dont ever not lift unless ur in the hospital

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Well I woke up today feeling a ton better than I yesterday. I had a nice restfull night of sleep last night. I'm pretty sure I had a fever before going to bed, but when I woke up I did not. I appreciate the support and advice always, I always go as hard I can. I ate a nice breakfast this morning- a few scrammbled eggs and toast - then lunch was a large potatoe, baked chicken, and some greens. I haven't weighed in a few days, so tomorrow morning I will and I'll let you know where I am at.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How are you dosing your Bulk P-Slin? In your second or third post, you mentioned taking it about 30 minutes after your carbs. Why? And do you still use it that way?

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
How are you dosing your Bulk P-Slin? In your second or third post, you mentioned taking it about 30 minutes after your carbs. Why? And do you still use it that way?

Hey strategic- yeah I am still dosing one 1/4 tsp of bulk PSlin around 30 post carb/15 min post protein shake. The reasoning that I have been doing it this way is because I have heard some supplement "guru's" say that you do not need any insulin supplement immediatley post workout since your muscles are starving so much for the nutrients/carbs/aminos. So I just decide to wait a little bit. What do you think about this and what would you recomend doing. I have dosed the same dosage immediatley post workout with my carb drink a while back. I just always change things up every few weeks.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Leg Day

I felt really good this morning and vert anxious to hit the weights:

The Work Out

Stiff Leg Dead Lifts @ 185 lbs. - 9,6,4=19 reps
Standing DB Calf Raises @ 75 lbs. - 15,9,6=30 reps
Front Squats @ 145 lbs one set for 20 reps
Single Leg squats - 20 total doing sets of 5 or less
Core work

After Thoughts
I am trying to bring up my front squats, so I figured I better start doing them a lot more now. I used to really hate them, but now I can not wait to get the bar on my shoulders and start reppin it out. I am still not feeling good doing this rest pasue stuff again. I may take this weekend completely off and come back Monday with a new type of routine, but the same upper/lower split. I just really like doing a bit more volume than this, somewhere in the 30-40 rep per body part I think would be good for me now. I think I might do like 5 sets of 8 with a real low rest in between sets, somewhere in the 15 second range. While trying to keep the low reps on the deadlift, and high reps on my squats. Today I also ate great. Post workout I had some egg burritos- which had eggs, avacadoes, black beans, onions, and green bell peppers. Lunch was some bean soup with ground turkey and a slice of buckwheat bread. Dinner was just some taco soup and some fresh french bread. If anybody wants to make some recomendations for a rountine that you think might interest me let me know. I hope eveyone has a nice weekend.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey strategic- yeah I am still dosing one 1/4 tsp of bulk PSlin around 30 post carb/15 min post protein shake. The reasoning that I have been doing it this way is because I have heard some supplement "guru's" say that you do not need any insulin supplement immediatley post workout since your muscles are starving so much for the nutrients/carbs/aminos. So I just decide to wait a little bit. What do you think about this and what would you recomend doing. I have dosed the same dosage immediatley post workout with my carb drink a while back. I just always change things up every few weeks.
Simply put, exercise stimulates GLUT 4 activation/insulin synthesis, and this is one reason a post-exercise meal can be very beneficial. However, though a very anabolic hormone, insulin is also a storage hormone, and will not discriminate between glucose storage in (skeletal) muscle tissue and adipose tissue. This is one reason it will be beneficial to ensure maximized efficiency of macronutrient disposal. Considering that P-Slin works independently of insulin, it should help optimize glucose metabolism. Consequently, I would consider taking the P-Slin fifteen minutes before your post-workout meal or, at the latest, with your post-workout shake.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Simply put, exercise stimulates GLUT 4 activation/insulin synthesis, and this is one reason a post-exercise meal can be very beneficial. However, though a very anabolic hormone, insulin is also a storage hormone, and will not discriminate between glucose storage in (skeletal) muscle tissue and adipose tissue. This is one reason it will be beneficial to ensure maximized efficiency of macronutrient disposal. Considering that P-Slin works independently of insulin, it should help optimize glucose metabolism. Consequently, I would consider taking the P-Slin fifteen minutes before your post-workout meal or, at the latest, with your post-workout shake.
Thanks for the adive strategic, I think I will put that knowledge to use soon.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
thank you everyone for your applications and your patience while we sorted through them all. After following up on all of the information given and doing some back research through the boards on each of the contestants to find out who would fit for this log the best, the 2 winners to run the GHSR stack are as follows :

Jdg487
Irish Cannon

Please PM me your information fellas and I will get it into our warehouse ASAP to get these products shipped out. Also please make sure to link your log thread into this thread for easy access for anyone that wants to follow along!

To all of the runner's up : Please do not let this discourage you from entering future opportunites coming from MST. We have a few new and exciting products coming in the next few months and are going to need some new and fresh faces to help us test them out :biglaugh:
From http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/116990-mst-wants-you-2.html

Alright guys, looks like I was picked to run MST's GHSR stack of ZMK & Somnidren GH. Since I haven't been feeling 100% over the last few days I am going to take a few days completely off until I get the products. I will then start a new log, take new measurements, and post new pictures. I think this extra time off will be very beneficial, and I also have got a ton of work to do in the garden over the next few days with planting time coming soon. I will still continue my Prime, but stop the bulk carboxy dosing. And I will take strategic's advise and change up my post workout nutrition. If anybody has any questions let me know. I appreciate all of the advice and support from everyone.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Very much looking forward to your GHSR log...and I have been thoroughly enjoying this one. Strat is a real smart guy...so taking his advice is usually a good idea ;)

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
I know, the knowledge of strat is known far and wide. I am feeling good now after 4 days of not lifting, I can't remember the last time I have taken this much time off. I'm checking my mail box everyday anticipating the arrival.