East Texas Style feat- Nettle & Prime

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Leg Day

I am going to start Prime & Carboxy (pre bed) on Saturday, I'm pretty excited

The Work Out
    Front Squats @ 160 followed right up w/ Back Squats @ 210 for 3 sets
    8 reps/6 reps - 8/6 - 8/5

Squats all the way up to my tippy toes for 1 set @ 210 for 8 reps

Single leg squats for 3 sets & 5 reps each

After Thoughts
    My whole body was sore from yesterday workout, so I kind of took it easy today. Tomorrow will be the last day of bulk nettle (Divanex) & ATD for now. The Prime will then start on Saturday with me taking Friday off to plan on what I want to do for the next few weeks with the Prime. I think I might want to go back with some rest pause stuff again. I had good results from that awhile back, then come back to this stuff in a few weeks. I will post some updated pics tomorrow with a review of the supplements that I have used over the past 24 days. Tomorrow I will probably just jog a few miles, nothing to strenous at all. Now I got some huge turkey burgers to get my hands on...

2. I am going to take today off, along with tomorrow, this includes no running or lifting. I think I got a pretty good idea of how I will be training while on the Prime. Something like Upper body, off, lower body, off, upper body, off, lower body, off and so on.
    •   

3. I hear ya about rest/pause brother...i've done some work in that field recently and it has definitely at least shocked my system.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net
  4. Gettin Ready

So tomorrow I'm gonna start the Prime, 6 caps per day-no days off. I will be doing rest pause training. Working one excercise per body part per workout. There will be one set, 15 deep breaths, another set, 15 more deep breaths, and one final set for most excercises. I will post what other stuff that I take throughout the log as usual.

The review of the 24 days using the bulk Divanex & ATD - I liked it, I put on a few pounds, increases in strenght & endurance. Some slight acne on the back of my shoulders, I look foward to using these again in the future. I have liked Jacked for pre workout, I still have some left to use. The Cordygen V02 has been good on cardio, I still got like half a bottle and I want to use it pre workout some time soon.

Here are some current pics to compare to the first two that I posted. I know that my right arm/chest/shoulder is underdeveloped compaired to my left side. I'm going to push my right a lot more now, and try to use it for more eveyday activities (I'm left handed).
    Attached Images Attached Images   
  5. Upper Body

Today was my first day of rest pause training & Prime:

The Work Out

Decline DB Press @ 80 lbs - 11,5,3=19 total reps
    Bent Rows @ 130 lbs - 12,7,3=22 total reps
    Chin Ups - 10,4,3=17 total reps
    Front Shoulder Press @ 115 lbs - 12,4,4=20 total reps
    Skullcrushers @ 70 lbs - 12,6,4=22 total reps
    Rackpulls (at knee level) @ 280 lbs - 1 set for 14 reps

After Thoughts
    I feel so weak right now, seriously. I am not used to lifting like this anymore, and I feel sore but not sore like I was feeling for the last few weeks. I thought my endurance would be up, but I felt exhausted after the first set of decline DB presses. I was most dissapointed with the shoulder press. I hoped that I would have got around 25 reps, but I guess I just got to keep pushing. Now on to the supplements, I dosed two Prime with my first meal, which is a good two, two and a half hours pre workout. Then 40 mintues pre workout I took four Cordygen V02, no Jacked. Then I just sipped water throughout, and 10 min post workout I had the usual 30 gram WMS, 20-30 gram dextrose, 10 gram Leucine, 5 gram creatine, I even through in some old bulk BCAA, and some NOW stevia to not make it taste as bad as it should. After another 15 min I drank a 50 gram whey shake. Then 10 min later I had 1/4 tsp of bulk PSin. Finally after another 20 minutes I had two large egg sandwhiched on some whole wheat bread, with a second dose of two Prime. I will take the last two for the day around 6 with my last big meal of the day. I just finished off one right now, it was just some more fresh chicken pot pie with burning hot fresh out of the oven home made biscuits. I can't really describe how good it was, but I got a few bowls and biscuits. Tomorrow is an off day, then on Monday morning I got a leg workout, with some core stuff too. I think it will just be some rest paused SLDL, calf raises, then a 20 or more rep squat set.
    •   

6. Man this morning I was sore! The worst of it was my triceps and shoulders. Today is an off day for now, nothing to do. I'm just going to take my Prime and eat everything I can. Oh yeah, and last night I took a 1/3 tsp of the bulk carboxy and I just fell straight asleep, no hesitation or anything. And it was a deep sleep to, I usually wake up once a night and use the restroom, but not last night. I hope this continues throughout.
  7. Leg Day

I had to get up early today to get my lifting in, here's what I did:

The Work Out

DB Stiff Leg Deadlift @ 85 lbs - 11,6,4=21 reps
    Ab Work
    Standing Barbell Calf raises @ 205 lbs - 24 total reps (1 set)
    Squats @ 215 lbs - 21 total reps (1 set)

After Thoughts
    I felt good after this one today. The sldl were ok, and the calf raises were ok, and I think I did good on the squats - I made sure to get my but to the ground on every rep. I'm sure that 215 is the most I have ever got for a 20+ squat. I made the trip down to Houston after to visit my family for the day and just get some rest. Tomorrow is an off day, then I have an upper body workout the following day.
  8. Upper Body Day

I did not sleep good last night, and woke up feeling sick. Unfortunatley I lifted anyway:

The Work Out

Incline DB Press @ 70 lbs. - 9,7,5=21 reps
    Reverse Close grip Bent Rows @ 125 lbs. - 8,5,4=17 reps
    Wide Grip Pull Ups - 8,4,3=15 reps
    Upright Row @ 85 lbs. - 9,6,3=18 reps
    Close Grip Bench Press @ 135 lbs. - 10,5,3=18 reps
    Deadlift - 305 lbs for 5 reps & 310 lbs for 3 reps

After Thoughts
    I felt real sick once I was done with this one, I couldn't even get myself to eat whole foods until lunch time. Even then I had a hard time swallowing anything. I still had a nice size lunch of 3 wheat burritos with chicken, cheese, black beans, and avacadoes. Tomorrow is an off day, I look forward to just resting and taking it easy all day. I am not really enjoying this rest pause stuff so far, and I may switch to some other stuff after the next leg workout. I am still undecided though.

9. hey nice fu(kin progress man, u got pics and i can deffently c ur gaining man
    do wat works u say u dont rest sum ppl dont have to. just keep ur goals ahead of u
    just hit it hard and heavy!

Quote Originally Posted by jdg487 View Post
    I did not sleep good last night, and woke up feeling sick. Unfortunatley I lifted anyways

hey man when ur sick think of ur lifting as u fighting off the sickness
    u may feel bad and u might puke! but dont ever not lift unless ur in the hospital

10. Well I woke up today feeling a ton better than I yesterday. I had a nice restfull night of sleep last night. I'm pretty sure I had a fever before going to bed, but when I woke up I did not. I appreciate the support and advice always, I always go as hard I can. I ate a nice breakfast this morning- a few scrammbled eggs and toast - then lunch was a large potatoe, baked chicken, and some greens. I haven't weighed in a few days, so tomorrow morning I will and I'll let you know where I am at.

11. How are you dosing your Bulk P-Slin? In your second or third post, you mentioned taking it about 30 minutes after your carbs. Why? And do you still use it that way?

12. Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    How are you dosing your Bulk P-Slin? In your second or third post, you mentioned taking it about 30 minutes after your carbs. Why? And do you still use it that way?

Hey strategic- yeah I am still dosing one 1/4 tsp of bulk PSlin around 30 post carb/15 min post protein shake. The reasoning that I have been doing it this way is because I have heard some supplement "guru's" say that you do not need any insulin supplement immediatley post workout since your muscles are starving so much for the nutrients/carbs/aminos. So I just decide to wait a little bit. What do you think about this and what would you recomend doing. I have dosed the same dosage immediatley post workout with my carb drink a while back. I just always change things up every few weeks.
  13. Leg Day

I felt really good this morning and vert anxious to hit the weights:

The Work Out

Stiff Leg Dead Lifts @ 185 lbs. - 9,6,4=19 reps
    Standing DB Calf Raises @ 75 lbs. - 15,9,6=30 reps
    Front Squats @ 145 lbs one set for 20 reps
    Single Leg squats - 20 total doing sets of 5 or less
    Core work

After Thoughts
    I am trying to bring up my front squats, so I figured I better start doing them a lot more now. I used to really hate them, but now I can not wait to get the bar on my shoulders and start reppin it out. I am still not feeling good doing this rest pasue stuff again. I may take this weekend completely off and come back Monday with a new type of routine, but the same upper/lower split. I just really like doing a bit more volume than this, somewhere in the 30-40 rep per body part I think would be good for me now. I think I might do like 5 sets of 8 with a real low rest in between sets, somewhere in the 15 second range. While trying to keep the low reps on the deadlift, and high reps on my squats. Today I also ate great. Post workout I had some egg burritos- which had eggs, avacadoes, black beans, onions, and green bell peppers. Lunch was some bean soup with ground turkey and a slice of buckwheat bread. Dinner was just some taco soup and some fresh french bread. If anybody wants to make some recomendations for a rountine that you think might interest me let me know. I hope eveyone has a nice weekend.

14. Quote Originally Posted by jdg487 View Post
    Hey strategic- yeah I am still dosing one 1/4 tsp of bulk PSlin around 30 post carb/15 min post protein shake. The reasoning that I have been doing it this way is because I have heard some supplement "guru's" say that you do not need any insulin supplement immediatley post workout since your muscles are starving so much for the nutrients/carbs/aminos. So I just decide to wait a little bit. What do you think about this and what would you recomend doing. I have dosed the same dosage immediatley post workout with my carb drink a while back. I just always change things up every few weeks.
    Simply put, exercise stimulates GLUT 4 activation/insulin synthesis, and this is one reason a post-exercise meal can be very beneficial. However, though a very anabolic hormone, insulin is also a storage hormone, and will not discriminate between glucose storage in (skeletal) muscle tissue and adipose tissue. This is one reason it will be beneficial to ensure maximized efficiency of macronutrient disposal. Considering that P-Slin works independently of insulin, it should help optimize glucose metabolism. Consequently, I would consider taking the P-Slin fifteen minutes before your post-workout meal or, at the latest, with your post-workout shake.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.

15. Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    Simply put, exercise stimulates GLUT 4 activation/insulin synthesis, and this is one reason a post-exercise meal can be very beneficial. However, though a very anabolic hormone, insulin is also a storage hormone, and will not discriminate between glucose storage in (skeletal) muscle tissue and adipose tissue. This is one reason it will be beneficial to ensure maximized efficiency of macronutrient disposal. Considering that P-Slin works independently of insulin, it should help optimize glucose metabolism. Consequently, I would consider taking the P-Slin fifteen minutes before your post-workout meal or, at the latest, with your post-workout shake.
    Thanks for the adive strategic, I think I will put that knowledge to use soon.

16. Quote Originally Posted by CTDeuce View Post
    thank you everyone for your applications and your patience while we sorted through them all. After following up on all of the information given and doing some back research through the boards on each of the contestants to find out who would fit for this log the best, the 2 winners to run the GHSR stack are as follows :

Jdg487
    Irish Cannon

Please PM me your information fellas and I will get it into our warehouse ASAP to get these products shipped out. Also please make sure to link your log thread into this thread for easy access for anyone that wants to follow along!

To all of the runner's up : Please do not let this discourage you from entering future opportunites coming from MST. We have a few new and exciting products coming in the next few months and are going to need some new and fresh faces to help us test them out
    From MST wants you to SLEEP ON IT!!

Alright guys, looks like I was picked to run MST's GHSR stack of ZMK & Somnidren GH. Since I haven't been feeling 100% over the last few days I am going to take a few days completely off until I get the products. I will then start a new log, take new measurements, and post new pictures. I think this extra time off will be very beneficial, and I also have got a ton of work to do in the garden over the next few days with planting time coming soon. I will still continue my Prime, but stop the bulk carboxy dosing. And I will take strategic's advise and change up my post workout nutrition. If anybody has any questions let me know. I appreciate all of the advice and support from everyone.

17. Very much looking forward to your GHSR log...and I have been thoroughly enjoying this one. Strat is a real smart guy...so taking his advice is usually a good idea
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net

18. I know, the knowledge of strat is known far and wide. I am feeling good now after 4 days of not lifting, I can't remember the last time I have taken this much time off. I'm checking my mail box everyday anticipating the arrival.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Dirty South Texas Style Training Log...
    By TexasLifter89 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 12-06-2008, 01:13 PM
  2. Dirty South Texas Style Training Log...
    By TexasLifter89 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 12-03-2008, 07:01 AM
  3. A little 'Feat' - good for what ails ya!
    By BodyWizard in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-15-2008, 11:15 AM