East Texas Style feat- Nettle & Prime

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Diamond Member
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,754
    Rep Power
    774631
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    25.09%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    How are you dosing your Bulk P-Slin? In your second or third post, you mentioned taking it about 30 minutes after your carbs. Why? And do you still use it that way?


  2. Senior Member
    jdg487's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,316
    Rep Power
    738
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    24.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    How are you dosing your Bulk P-Slin? In your second or third post, you mentioned taking it about 30 minutes after your carbs. Why? And do you still use it that way?

    Hey strategic- yeah I am still dosing one 1/4 tsp of bulk PSlin around 30 post carb/15 min post protein shake. The reasoning that I have been doing it this way is because I have heard some supplement "guru's" say that you do not need any insulin supplement immediatley post workout since your muscles are starving so much for the nutrients/carbs/aminos. So I just decide to wait a little bit. What do you think about this and what would you recomend doing. I have dosed the same dosage immediatley post workout with my carb drink a while back. I just always change things up every few weeks.
  3. Senior Member
    jdg487's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,316
    Rep Power
    738
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    24.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Leg Day


    I felt really good this morning and vert anxious to hit the weights:

    The Work Out

    Stiff Leg Dead Lifts @ 185 lbs. - 9,6,4=19 reps
    Standing DB Calf Raises @ 75 lbs. - 15,9,6=30 reps
    Front Squats @ 145 lbs one set for 20 reps
    Single Leg squats - 20 total doing sets of 5 or less
    Core work

    After Thoughts
    I am trying to bring up my front squats, so I figured I better start doing them a lot more now. I used to really hate them, but now I can not wait to get the bar on my shoulders and start reppin it out. I am still not feeling good doing this rest pasue stuff again. I may take this weekend completely off and come back Monday with a new type of routine, but the same upper/lower split. I just really like doing a bit more volume than this, somewhere in the 30-40 rep per body part I think would be good for me now. I think I might do like 5 sets of 8 with a real low rest in between sets, somewhere in the 15 second range. While trying to keep the low reps on the deadlift, and high reps on my squats. Today I also ate great. Post workout I had some egg burritos- which had eggs, avacadoes, black beans, onions, and green bell peppers. Lunch was some bean soup with ground turkey and a slice of buckwheat bread. Dinner was just some taco soup and some fresh french bread. If anybody wants to make some recomendations for a rountine that you think might interest me let me know. I hope eveyone has a nice weekend.
    •   
       

  4. Diamond Member
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,754
    Rep Power
    774631
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    25.09%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by jdg487 View Post
    Hey strategic- yeah I am still dosing one 1/4 tsp of bulk PSlin around 30 post carb/15 min post protein shake. The reasoning that I have been doing it this way is because I have heard some supplement "guru's" say that you do not need any insulin supplement immediatley post workout since your muscles are starving so much for the nutrients/carbs/aminos. So I just decide to wait a little bit. What do you think about this and what would you recomend doing. I have dosed the same dosage immediatley post workout with my carb drink a while back. I just always change things up every few weeks.
    Simply put, exercise stimulates GLUT 4 activation/insulin synthesis, and this is one reason a post-exercise meal can be very beneficial. However, though a very anabolic hormone, insulin is also a storage hormone, and will not discriminate between glucose storage in (skeletal) muscle tissue and adipose tissue. This is one reason it will be beneficial to ensure maximized efficiency of macronutrient disposal. Considering that P-Slin works independently of insulin, it should help optimize glucose metabolism. Consequently, I would consider taking the P-Slin fifteen minutes before your post-workout meal or, at the latest, with your post-workout shake.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  5. Senior Member
    jdg487's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,316
    Rep Power
    738
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    24.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    Simply put, exercise stimulates GLUT 4 activation/insulin synthesis, and this is one reason a post-exercise meal can be very beneficial. However, though a very anabolic hormone, insulin is also a storage hormone, and will not discriminate between glucose storage in (skeletal) muscle tissue and adipose tissue. This is one reason it will be beneficial to ensure maximized efficiency of macronutrient disposal. Considering that P-Slin works independently of insulin, it should help optimize glucose metabolism. Consequently, I would consider taking the P-Slin fifteen minutes before your post-workout meal or, at the latest, with your post-workout shake.
    Thanks for the adive strategic, I think I will put that knowledge to use soon.
  6. Senior Member
    jdg487's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,316
    Rep Power
    738
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    24.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CTDeuce View Post
    thank you everyone for your applications and your patience while we sorted through them all. After following up on all of the information given and doing some back research through the boards on each of the contestants to find out who would fit for this log the best, the 2 winners to run the GHSR stack are as follows :

    Jdg487
    Irish Cannon

    Please PM me your information fellas and I will get it into our warehouse ASAP to get these products shipped out. Also please make sure to link your log thread into this thread for easy access for anyone that wants to follow along!

    To all of the runner's up : Please do not let this discourage you from entering future opportunites coming from MST. We have a few new and exciting products coming in the next few months and are going to need some new and fresh faces to help us test them out
    From MST wants you to SLEEP ON IT!!

    Alright guys, looks like I was picked to run MST's GHSR stack of ZMK & Somnidren GH. Since I haven't been feeling 100% over the last few days I am going to take a few days completely off until I get the products. I will then start a new log, take new measurements, and post new pictures. I think this extra time off will be very beneficial, and I also have got a ton of work to do in the garden over the next few days with planting time coming soon. I will still continue my Prime, but stop the bulk carboxy dosing. And I will take strategic's advise and change up my post workout nutrition. If anybody has any questions let me know. I appreciate all of the advice and support from everyone.
  7. MST Reppin Hard!
    CTDeuce's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,116
    Rep Power
    187522
    Level
    53
    Lv. Percent
    94.87%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Very much looking forward to your GHSR log...and I have been thoroughly enjoying this one. Strat is a real smart guy...so taking his advice is usually a good idea
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net
  8. Senior Member
    jdg487's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,316
    Rep Power
    738
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    24.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    I know, the knowledge of strat is known far and wide. I am feeling good now after 4 days of not lifting, I can't remember the last time I have taken this much time off. I'm checking my mail box everyday anticipating the ar*****.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Dirty South Texas Style Training Log...
    By TexasLifter89 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 12-06-2008, 01:13 PM
  2. Dirty South Texas Style Training Log...
    By TexasLifter89 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 12-03-2008, 07:01 AM
  3. A little 'Feat' - good for what ails ya!
    By BodyWizard in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-15-2008, 11:15 AM
  4. Shoot thy neighbor!-Texas style justice
    By anabolicrhino in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-27-2007, 01:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in