Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
INTRODUCTION

Name: Rosie.
Training Status: Highly Trained/Ex-Elite Athlete.
Goal (of this phase): Increase the lean muscle mass in my upper body, in particular my delts and arms, so that my body is more balanced, whilst staying relatively lean (i.e. Recomping).

Body Statistics

Height - 156.6cm - i.e. 5'2"
Body mass - 51kg - i.e. 112.2 pounds
Body composition - 9.7% bodyfat (BF)

It's a new year and time for a log of epic proprtions (i.e. something to last the year), covering everything from supplements to training. 2008 was great, but 2009 is going to be AWESOME!

DIET

I use a calorie/CHO cycling method, but no specific diet as such, as I listen to my body. Therefore macronutrient ratios and amount of calories (anywhere from 1800 to 4000+ cal/day) will change on a day-to-day basis. CHO sources will be primarily from oats, and sometimes basmati rice and kumara. Protein sources will be from Leppin Sport Pro 4 (four tiered protein matrix (that also includes BCAA?s and L-Glutamine) of whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, calcium caseinate, and egg albumin), tuna, chicken breast, lean beef, salmon, and sometimes egg whites and seafood (i.e. prawns, scallops, other types of fish). Fat sources will be from flaxseed oil, natural peanut butter, and sometimes nuts and seeds (i.e. almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds).

SUPPLEMENTS

Just to make sure that I am creating the most anabolic environment for my body, and ensuring that I stay lean (I am 9.7% BF right now) and even get leanER, whilst gaining strength and improving endurance, and keeping my joints under control, I will be using the full AN range (except Drive, Lipotrophin-AM, and Osteobolin-C - using OsteoSport as my joint supplement). Other supplements (AN and other companies) will be cycled in and out as the log progresses, with any changes noted when relevant.

ESSENTIALS

Creatine
NeoVar Recomped: 2 caps 30 min pre-gym, and 2 caps immediately post-gym, (on NON-gym days - 2 caps immediately post-cardio, and 2 caps 20 min pre-high-carbohydrate-meal later in the day); sometimes 4 caps last thing at night.

Protein Powder/BCAA's
Leppin Sport Pro4: 40g (contains 30g protein per 40g) with breakfast (i.e. meal 1), 20-40g with meal 2, 20-40g with meal 4.

Good Fats
Omega-Essentials: 2 caps immediately post-breakfast.

Vitamins/Minerals
Complete-Balance: 2 caps immediately post-breakfast.
Bio-Mend: 2 caps immediately post-breakfast.

OTHER

OsteoSport: 4 caps first thing in the morning.

IGF-2: 3 caps first thing in the morning, and 3 caps last thing at night.

Lipotrophin-PM: 2 caps first thing in the morning, and 2 caps last thing at night.

RPM: 2 caps 80 min pre-gym (NOT using on NON-gym days).

TRAINING

Cardio

Cardio is to be done either boxing, cycling, rowing, running, or skipping.

HIIT
3 x 20 min sessions per week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)

Steady-State
3-4 x 20+ min sessions per week (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday#)

Double Cardio
1-4 x 20-30 min sessions per week (whatever day I feel like, but it will be done pm)

# Days Off will be limited to one per week, IF I even have one.

Resistance Training

4-5 sessions per week. Doing Body-Part Splits (excluding Legs), and adding in 1-2 Full-Body sessions. The aim is for 5 sessions per week, but it's fine if I only 4 get done. I haven't assigned resistance sessions to a particular day of the week; instead they will be done in the order Day 1 to Day 4/5 each week, with recovery days between sessions as my body sees fit.

Day 1 - Shoulders
Day 2 - Back/Chest
Day 3 - Full-Body
Day 4 - Arms
Day 5 - Full-Body

Stretching

I stretch for 20-30 minutes a day, usually after my cardio.

COMMENTS

Daily comments will be made on the following:

Sleep - Time and Quality
Mental Alertness/Focus
Energy
Motivation
Mood/Aggression
Stress
Libido
Joints
Endurance
Strength
Quality of Training
Pump and Vascularity
Muscle Hardness/Density
Body Composition and Look
Appetite
Overall Sense of Feeling

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 1

1144 - HIIT Rollers:
a. 4 min in 39x16 @ 65-75% HRmax @ 106 rpm
b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x15 (HR 85% HRmax, rpm N/A)
c. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x14 (HR 85-90% HRmax, rpm N/A)
d. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x13 (HR 85-90% HRmax, rpm N/A)
e. 1 x 60 sec effort in 39x12 (HR 90-95% HRmax, rpm N/A)
f. 2 min in 39x16 @ 56 rpm (HR dropped back to 50% HRmax)
g. 2 min in 39x16 @ 60% HRmax @ 90 rpm
Quite a LOT later than 'normal' this morning (only just). Started out at an ok pace. Body was feeling MUCH better than yesterday (must have needed the 'recovery' session). Since I have been pushing myself and raising the standard the last couple of weeks with HIIT Rollers, I decided to yet again. Instead of doing the first set of efforts in the 'starting' gear, I upped the gear ratio and did them at a higher intensity. HR got up fairly quickly, and stayed there. Legs felt fine. Second set of efforts was done at an increased intensity from the first. Still, legs were fine. HR started rising higher. Third set of efforts at a higher level still. By the last two efforts, even though legs did not seem to be spinning any less, my lungs were starting to feel it, and I was gasping for air (but not giving in). Just to make sure that I pushed myself to the LIMIT, I upped the gear AGAIN, and spun as hard and as fast as I could for a MINUTE. HR definitely got HIGH during that. Lungs burning, and dripping with sweat. Took a couple of minutes afterwards to get my breath back and recover my legs. The last two minutes of the session were easy...Although not doing any movements that would irritate it, right biceps tendon was aching some during the efforts...Finished wet, but happy...

1207 - Stretch 37 min.

2021 - 5.5km Run:
FINALLY, a 'night' run. Still light, though. Not much cooler than the day had been. No music today; I was driven by aggression...Started out well. First km was done in 4.41 min, second not a lot slower at 4.47 min. Third km was a little faster at 4.42 min. However, at the 19-min mark I started having sharp shooting pains in my stomach, and the pace dropped right back to 4.62 min/km. I managed to find some angry energy in the last 100m, sprinting down the street and up the driveway. When I finished I was exhausted, but not near collapse, as I have been of late. Starting to see some of the old pace creeping back in. I'll be back up to speed before I know it! :)

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2330-1024 (waking at 0700 and 0723), so nearly 11 hours sleep. Very deep. Vivid dreaming...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Been there.

Energy: HIIT Rollers this morning were just great; the energy was there. Watched a couple of DVDs early afternoon. Although felt a little fatigued, got a jolt of energy in the evening from some aggression, and went out and did a 5.5km Run, in a time the fastest I've done since last August...

Motivation: Excellent!

Mood/Aggression: Been in a fairly calm, almost flat mood most of the day. Some aggression and seriously wanting to beat something to a bloody pulp in the evening. Calming down now (better mood, because of run). But you know it's always a rollercoaster...

Stress: Low.

Libido: Reasonably high. But not as high as it has been the last few days. Had my mind focussed on more important things that need sorting.

Joints: Good.

Endurance: Excellent.

Strength: N/A.

Quality of Training: Excellent. 2009 is a year for RAISING the bar even HIGHER. There will be NO excuses!

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity has been awesome all day, though...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Arms. Glutes and legs.

Body Composition and Look: When I was 9.7% BF around this time last year I was 4kg LIGHTER, so that's something...Now to just get LEANER still. Aiming for that 8-pack...

Appetite: Not a lot all day. Very thirsty, though.

Overall Sense of Feeling: Yes, if asked the question "Could I imagine a future without you?", the answer would be an instant and emphatic "NO!"

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Good luck with the log and may 2009 bring you all you want!

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Do you notice much from the Lipotrophin PM? do you not get drouzy taking it in the am?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck with the log and may 2009 bring you all you want!
Thank you, Christine. It will. Eventually. The same to you, of course :head:

Do you notice much from the Lipotrophin PM? do you not get drouzy taking it in the am?
I have mentioned this in my logs before:
I use Lipotrophin-PM (L-PM) for the deeper sleep benefits and NOT as a fat burner. It's actually the only AN supplement that I have used as a stand alone so far, and I could feel the effects of it pretty much straight away; it gives that thermogenic feeling in your belly about 10 minutes after taking it. My main motivation for using it initially, though, was for the benefits of the deeper and more restful sleep and eliminating drowsiness upon waking, since my sleep (if I slept at all!) was often very broken and of poor quality. Plus, I could never sleep for longer than 4-5 hours; on L-PM I have been sleeping up to 10-12 hours sometimes, a dramatic change to how I used to be! If you are going to use L-PM, instead of taking it 45 minutes pre-bed that it recommends on the bottle, though, I suggest taking it either JUST BEFORE you go to bed, or 2-3 hours before you're planning on wanting to be sleeping, since I've found that it takes me 2-3 hours to get to sleep if I take it at any other time (the sleep is great, though, when I get there). Definitely a STAPLE supplement to be using (and if you're wanting to maintain relative leanness, then it can help there too).

No, I don't get drowsy taking L-PM in the morning. Why?

this looks great! im in!
:welcome:

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
subbed ofcourse! :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
1144 - HIIT Rollers:
a. 4 min in 39x16 @ 65-75% HRmax @ 106 rpm
b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x15 (HR 85% HRmax, rpm N/A)
c. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x14 (HR 85-90% HRmax, rpm N/A)
d. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x13 (HR 85-90% HRmax, rpm N/A)
e. 1 x 60 sec effort in 39x12 (HR 90-95% HRmax, rpm N/A)
f. 2 min in 39x16 @ 56 rpm (HR dropped back to 50% HRmax)
g. 2 min in 39x16 @ 60% HRmax @ 90 rpm
Quite a LOT later than 'normal' this morning (only just). Started out at an ok pace. Body was feeling MUCH better than yesterday (must have needed the 'recovery' session). Since I have been pushing myself and raising the standard the last couple of weeks with HIIT Rollers, I decided to yet again. Instead of doing the first set of efforts in the 'starting' gear, I upped the gear ratio and did them at a higher intensity. HR got up fairly quickly, and stayed there. Legs felt fine. Second set of efforts was done at an increased intensity from the first. Still, legs were fine. HR started rising higher. Third set of efforts at a higher level still. By the last two efforts, even though legs did not seem to be spinning any less, my lungs were starting to feel it, and I was gasping for air (but not giving in). Just to make sure that I pushed myself to the LIMIT, I upped the gear AGAIN, and spun as hard and as fast as I could for a MINUTE. HR definitely got HIGH during that. Lungs burning, and dripping with sweat. Took a couple of minutes afterwards to get my breath back and recover my legs. The last two minutes of the session were easy...Although not doing any movements that would irritate it, right biceps tendon was aching some during the efforts...Finished wet, but happy...

1207 - Stretch 37 min.

2021 - 5.5km Run:
FINALLY, a 'night' run. Still light, though. Not much cooler than the day had been. No music today; I was driven by aggression...Started out well. First km was done in 4.41 min, second not a lot slower at 4.47 min. Third km was a little faster at 4.42 min. However, at the 19-min mark I started having sharp shooting pains in my stomach, and the pace dropped right back to 4.62 min/km. I managed to find some angry energy in the last 100m, sprinting down the street and up the driveway. When I finished I was exhausted, but not near collapse, as I have been of late. Starting to see some of the old pace creeping back in. I'll be back up to speed before I know it! :)

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2330-1024 (waking at 0700 and 0723), so nearly 11 hours sleep. Very deep. Vivid dreaming...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Been there.

Energy: HIIT Rollers this morning were just great; the energy was there. Watched a couple of DVDs early afternoon. Although felt a little fatigued, got a jolt of energy in the evening from some aggression, and went out and did a 5.5km Run, in a time the fastest I've done since last August...

Motivation: Excellent!

Mood/Aggression: Been in a fairly calm, almost flat mood most of the day. Some aggression and seriously wanting to beat something to a bloody pulp in the evening. Calming down now (better mood, because of run). But you know it's always a rollercoaster...

Libido: Reasonably high. But not as high as it has been the last few days. Had my mind focussed on more important things that need sorting.

Quality of Training: Excellent. 2009 is a year for RAISING the bar even HIGHER. There will be NO excuses!

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity has been awesome all day, though...

Body Composition and Look: When I was 9.7% BF around this time last year I was 4kg LIGHTER, so that's something...Now to just get LEANER still. Aiming for that 8-pack...

Appetite: Not a lot all day. Very thirsty, though.

Overall Sense of Feeling: Yes, if asked the question "Could I imagine a future without you?", the answer would be an instant and emphatic "NO!"
subbshingled...I am glad to catch one of your logs early enough to really enjoy it all the way through, all the best with 2009, have a great cycle...Il be back...Russian

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
subbshingled...I am glad to catch one of your logs early enough to really enjoy it all the way through, all the best with 2009, have a great cycle...Il be back...Russian
Cheers, Russian. Glad to have you along for the ride :)

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
No, I don't get drowsy taking L-PM in the morning. Why?
taking a sleep aid in the morning didnt make much sense to me hence why i asked but i see what your saying.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Aiming for that 8-pack...
And that's why Rosie is a machine and not a normal human being. Going above and beyond the 6-pack.

In and hopefully more active this time around Rosie. :head:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
taking a sleep aid in the morning didnt make much sense to me hence why i asked but i see what your saying.
Well, Australian made, I INITIALLY used the L-PM for the sleeping benefits. However, it IS a [non-stimulant] fat burner as well, which is why the am dose, since I do not use anything else as a thermogenic/fat burner, etc.

subn in here!
:welcome: Tyler!

And that's why Rosie is a machine and not a normal human being. Going above and beyond the 6-pack.

In and hopefully more active this time around Rosie. :head:
I already have close to a 6-pack so it only makes sense. Besides, in this world of bodybuilding, creating a work of art and a physique we can be proud of and happy with is what it's all about, right.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 2

0847 - Rollers:
a. 5 min in 39x16 @ 70-75% HRmax @ 120 rpm
b. 5 min in 39x15 @ 80-85% HRmax @ 120 rpm
c. 5 min in 39x14 @ 85% HRmax @ 120 rpm
d. 5 min in 39x13 @ 85-90% HRmax @ 120-125 rpm
e. 1 min in 39x16 @ 110 rpm (HR dropped back to 75% HRmax)
Even after hammering myself in the HIIT session yesterday AND doing a run, legs felt surprisingly FRESH this morning. Decided on a 'step' protocol for the session. Started out at a high cadence, which I was determined to keep. Every 5 minutes upped the gear ratio, keeping the cadence the same. HR rose well. Legs held out just as well. Fatigue was not an issue. Nor were sore joints or anything else. Very thirsty, though. In the last 'stage' increased the cadence slightly, just to make sure that I was REALLY working. Had a minute 'easy' at the end to get HR back down.

0935 - Full-Body (1 min recovery between sets/supersets):
1. Barbell Back Squats (BB BS) 2 x 40, 20
2. Barbell Romanian Deadlifts (BB RD) (on box) 3 x 20, 10, 10
3. Lying Leg Curl (LLC) 2 x 40, 20
4. Close-Grip Seated Row (CG SR) 2 x 40, 20
5. Push-Ups (P/U) (feet on bench, hands on m/b) 2 x 20
6. Dumbbell Shoulder Press (DB SP) 2 x 20 SUPERSETTED WITH 7. Dumbbell Lateral Raise (DB LR) 2 x 20
8. Dips 2 x 20
9. Dumbbell Zottoman Curls (DB ZC) 2 x 20
10. Abs 2 x [a. weighted crunch x 20, b. bicycle x 30]
Full-Body. High rep...Started with BB BS. An easy 40 reps the first time. Starting to feel it a little on the second set, but not enough to really be an issue. Since don't want to do TOO much for quadriceps, halved the set (a pattern to be followed - i.e. 2 sets each exercise, with some the second set half the amount of reps as the first set). I could have easily increased the weight, but this wasn't about strength, just getting my heart going and my body started...BB RD next. Same weight as BB BS. First set was done well. I'm going to have to get a higher box, to get a better stretch, and reach lower, from now on. Hands were slippery from sweat and grip giving on the second set, so did a third shortly afterwards, to make-up 40 reps in total for BB RD...Moving onto LLC. Had to dropset each of these sets, because hamstrings were just so tight after 15 reps each set. Good, though...CG SR. Dropsetted both of these sets as well, starting at peak weight for these, and dropping when forearms screaming and almost dropping the weight back into place...P/U done well. Core is handling them exceptionally, and no longer any shakes at all, even when I feel like I'm about to collapse on my face. Almost stumbled on my way to the DB section for Shoulders...Supersetted DB SP and DB LR. Even though DB SP were done at what I consider a 'light' weight, my forearms and delts were screaming after the 10th rep on each set, and the last 5 reps were a battle and gritting of teeth to get out. DB LR were ok; weight may have been a little heavy after the DB SP...Dips were done at bodyweight (b/w). Both sets well done, although the second half of the second set was done quite a bit SLOWER than the first, because my arms were in so much PAIN...DB ZC were ok. Really feeling the burn in my biceps in from the 15th set of the second set. Arms looking really good. Vascularity strong, with the brachial vein bulging down over the biceps, and forearms with blue knots...Finished off with Abs. Feeling them burn on the bicycles. Aside from that, fine...Finished covered in a slick layer of wet. A sore, but VERY happy woman :)

Stretch 23 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: 2230-0723 (waking at 0630 and 0700), so ~8.75 hours sleep. Again, deep. Again, very vivid dreams. Woke feeling refreshed.

Mental Alertness/Focus: There. Been doing some new research this morning; it's been fun.

Energy: Definitely had it for training. Just been chilling with DVDs in the afternoon...

Motivation: Good.

Mood/Aggression: Pretty calm. No highs or lows.

Libido: Could be high, given the right stimulus ;)

Joints: Fine.

Strength: Up some (although the resistance session was NOT targeted at strength).

Quality of Training: Excellent. Full-Body sessions seem to work for me cycled in and out of my training regimes. GREAT sessions, both, today!

Pump and Vascularity: Pump was it ever in the gym; hell yeah!...Vascularity all knots and blue lines on golden skin...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Delts and arms. Glutes and legs.

Body Composition and Look: Upper body looking better; leaning out rather noticeably. Midsection is ok, but holding a little bit of water today. Legs really starting to shape up more re definition; can't wait until they're lean enough to REALLY see the muscle...

Appetite: Eaten what I had to during the day. Couldn't be bothered cooking at night, so got something (SPANK). VERY thirsty, again...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Watched the entire first season of the Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles this afternoon. Interesting stuff. Sarah is a strong woman. Someone who NEVER gives up and battles for what she knows is right and wants! A FIGHTER!

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
I'm in.

Awesome sense of detail you've got in here, Rosie!

How you liking Osteobolin? How long did it take for effect?

.. Question; I've got two Neovar Recomped coming in next week. How would you suggest I dose it? Meaning at what time during the day? Would you suggest a certain dosage alongside carb-quantity for optimal results?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in.

Awesome sense of detail you've got in here, Rosie!
Cheers, Thomas. All my logs are like this.

How you liking Osteobolin? How long did it take for effect?
I'm NOT actually using Osteobolin-C (as I mentioned in the first post), but OsteoSport. As for effects, when I WAS using it, I didn't start noticing any effects until I started dosing it at 10 caps per day (before that I was dosing at the recommended 6 caps daily for my weight). Once on 10 caps (3 caps first thing in the morning, 3 caps 40 min pre-resistance session, 2 caps immediately post-resistance session, and 2 caps last thing at night) my joint pain and issues went away within 3-4 days.

Question; I've got two Neovar Recomped coming in next week. How would you suggest I dose it? Meaning at what time during the day? Would you suggest a certain dosage alongside carb-quantity for optimal results?
Dosing/Timing for NeoVar Recomped:

Resistance Training (i.e. Gym) Days

Option A
Dose 1 -3 caps immediately post-gym (and then have a meal 15-20 minutes later with at least 50g carbohydrate in)
Dose 2 - 3 caps 15-20 minutes pre-meal (containing at least 50g carbohydrate) either earlier or later in the day

Option B
Dose 1 - 3 caps 40 min pre-gym
Dose 2 - 3 caps immediately post-gym (and then have a meal 15-20 minutes later with at least 50g carbohydrate in)

Non-Resistance Training Days
Dose 1 - 3 caps pre-breakfast
Dose 2 - 3 caps pre-meal later in the day

Yes, a meal containing at LEAST 50g of carbohydrate 15-20 minutes AFTER dosing the NeoVar Recomped is recommended for the OPTIMAL results and most effective use of the product.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm NOT actually using Osteobolin-C (as I mentioned in the first post), but OsteoSport. As for effects, when I WAS using it, I didn't start noticing any effects until I started dosing it at 10 caps per day (before that I was dosing at the recommended 6 caps daily for my weight). Once on 10 caps (3 caps first thing in the morning, 3 caps 40 min pre-resistance session, 2 caps immediately post-resistance session, and 2 caps last thing at night) my joint pain and issues went away within 3-4 days.
interesting

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
interesting
Why is that? We know that not every product works for everyone in the way we think it should, or as it is recommended. I was objective and honest in my assessment. And I found what worked for ME.

Personally, yes I prefer OsteoSport. I only have to dose ONCE daily, and it's only 4 pills instead of 10. And I have no joint issues.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 3

0914 - Rollers:
a. 5 min in 39x16 @ 75% HRmax @ 125 rpm
b. 5 min in 39x15 @ 75-80% HRmax @ 125 rpm
c. 5 min in 39x14 @ 80-85% HRmax @ 125 rpm
d. 5 min in 39x13 @ 90% HRmax @ 125 rpm
e. 1 min in 39x16 @ 110 rpm (HR dropped back to 75% HRmax)
EXTREMELY surprised when I got on the rollers and my legs started spinning at 125 rpm withOUT any seeming effort. Shrug. So decided to 'step' protocol again today, the same as yesterday, just in a higher cadence. Legs were fine throughout; no worries at all. Still feeling good at 20 minutes. GREAT. 'Eased' out of it for a minute.

1010 - Arms (1 min recovery between supersets):
Superset A
1. Close-Grip Pull-Ups (CG PU) 6 x 12, 10, 7, 6, 6, 6
2. Flat Close-Grip Barbell Bench Press (Flat CG BB BP) 6 x 6
Superset B
3. Weighted Dips 6 x 12, 10, 8, 8, 20, 20
4. DB ZC 6 x 12
Superset C
5. Dumbbell French Press (DB FP) 2 x 6
6. Alternate Dumbbell Hammer Curls (Alt. DB HC) 2 x 12
Superset D
7. Overhead Cable Rope Tricep Extension (O/H C/R T/Ext) 2 x 15
8. Incline Dumbbell Bicep Curls (Inc. DB BC) 2 x 10
Arms. As if they weren't hammered enough from yesterday's gruelling session...Superset A: Started out with CG PU. 12 reps out the first set, not a problem. Started being an effort on the third set, and didn't quite manage the 8 reps I was aiming for. Decided to keep going after the fourth set for 6 sets. Flat CG BB BP was good. Same weight as using for Flat BB BP. The last rep of the last set was VERY slow in the last half, but it was done...Superset B: I had to get someone to put the DB between my feet for the first 4 sets of Weighted Dips. An extra 16.5kg (i.e. 36.3lb) made little dent in the amount of reps I was able to do for each set; my feet were not managing as well as usual, and the DB was slipping some (triceps were hammered too, though). Finished 2 final sets at b/w, just to feel the burn and the pain (a little sadistic, yes). DB ZC were fine. Heavier than yesterday. Biceps looking good. Vascularity was awesome...Superset C: A couple of sets as heavy as I could go for 6 and 12 reps for DB FP and Alt. DB HC respectively. FEELING them...Superset D: Instead of doing 4 sets of superset C, only did 2, and then added 2 sets of O/H C/R T/Ext and Inc. DB BC. Had to dropset the former after 10 reps on both sets. Managed fine on the latter, gritting my teeth for the last 2 reps of the last set...An INTENSE 47 minutes. But SO worth every one!

1107 - Stretch 20 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2330-0723 (waking at 0630 and 0700), so nearly 8 hours sleep. Didn't get up for a while after finally waking though. Felt extremely shattered, and body ached just a little from yesterday's resistance session...

Mental Alertness/Focus: SO there!

Energy: Good. Was quite surprised re rollers that I was able to repeat yesterday's session today, but at a higher intensity! Have been 'catching up' on things since training. I WAS going to go for a run this evening (and everything says "Do it!", but I also want to get up early tomorrow, and if I do, that may not happen); but it's time to walk briefly before more running...

Motivation: Excellent.

Mood/Aggression: Pretty good. FINALLY, some time to actually TALK (damn, the next few months are going to be tough). And then not so good...

Libido: You just have to know WHAT buttons to push...

Endurance: Excellent. Could have done longer on the rollers, and resistance session was all supersets with only a minute's recovery between them...

Strength: Up. Definitely.

Quality of Training: Just LOVING it at the moment. I've only had TWO days COMPLETELY OFF ALL training in the last 8 weeks, which I'm VERY pleased with. AND it seems to be doing me more GOOD than anything...

Pump and Vascularity: Awesome pump in the gym, especially after Dips and DB ZC! Really feeling how hard triceps were after O/H C/R T/Ext as well...Vascularity strong knots and blue lines striving to climb out of my skin...

Body Composition and Look: Arms looked pretty good in the gym. And legs (what you could see of them).

Appetite: Just what I've had to today...Until time for dinner. No, NOT proud. And it had better STOP from tomorrow! Just because you've been able to get away with binging and still get results does NOT mean that you can KEEP doing it!!! CONQUER IT!!!

Overall Sense of Feeling: Well, it's been a week of getting in all the training that I have wanted (except the run tonight; leaving that, and hoping that I'm not too shattered to get up at 0330 tomorrow morning!) Bring on NEXT week. And make it BETTER!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why is that? We know that not every product works for everyone in the way we think it should, or as it is recommended. I was objective and honest in my assessment. And I found what worked for ME.

Personally, yes I prefer OsteoSport. I only have to dose ONCE daily, and it's only 4 pills instead of 10. And I have no joint issues.
a while back studies show 4 grams of cissus was as effective as 6 grams. think it was 5 % the ups labs guy did the studies when he he first came out with his first cissus product back in like 2005....its in the cissus qua-however you spell it thread.night

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
a while back studies show 4 grams of cissus was as effective as 6 grams. think it was 5 % the ups labs guy did the studies when he he first came out with his first cissus product back in like 2005....its in the cissus qua-however you spell it thread.night
As I said, it depends on the individual. And as I've also stated before, my body (and mind) and how I react to something, whether it be training or supplementation or diet or life, is not necessarily how I 'should' react. You'd do well to remember that.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
LOL we all have a different threshold for supplements. What some can take would kill another. Thank god we all don't have the same physical chemistry or life would be rather boring.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
LOL we all have a different threshold for supplements. What some can take would kill another. Thank god we all don't have the same physical chemistry or life would be rather boring.
and predictable=)

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome! You got another log to follow. I'm in. ;)

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
That reminds me of Thundergod's preworkout cocktail, I'm sure my heart would 'splode.

Log's looking good rosie.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome! You got another log to follow. I'm in. ;)
Well, come on in, CopyCat :)

That reminds me of Thundergod's preworkout cocktail, I'm sure my heart would 'splode.

Log's looking good rosie.
Yeah, well, if your heart explodes it's easier to be a machine, LOL.

:cheers:

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was just mulling this point earlier when I saw the list of what didn't work/worked for Volcom and how my experiences were almost the opposite on a few things lol (He had no luck with Sesamin, CLA whereas I'm hooked on them now and he has seen good results on Prime while I had nothing).

This brings me back to nutrigenomics; I really wish my university had this course :(

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 4

0900 - HIIT Rollers:
a. 4 min in 39x16 @ 65-70% HRmax @ 110 rpm
b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x15 (HR 75% HRmax, rpm N/A)
c. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x14 (HR 75-80% HRmax, rpm N/A)
d. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x13 (HR 80-85% HRmax, rpm N/A)
e. 4 x 60 sec effort/30 sec easy in 39x12 (HR 90% HRmax, rpm N/A)
f. 1 x 2 min effort in 39x11 (HR 90-95% HRmax, rpm N/A)
g. 1 min in 39x16 @ 60 rpm (HR dropped back to 65% HRmax)
h. 4 min in 39x16 @ 65% HRmax @ 110 rpm
Started out as I do any HIIT Rollers session; pace good, legs ticking over, HR reasonable. First set of efforts did at a higher intensity than would normally, just to 'test' where I was at, since I felt like shite on waking and not too much in the mood for anything. Legs spun, and HR did not rise much. Increased gear ratio for next set of efforts. HR still TOO low. Starting to sweat. Third set of efforts, at the peak gear ratio I've used so far for efforts. HR started getting up here, and legs started to feel the burn. NOT good enough; instead of making the 'finale' effort 1 minute, I did FOUR of them, all at an even HIGHER gear ratio. Legs and lungs were getting desperate for sure. HR didn't decrease much during the 30-second rest (down to ~80-85% HRmax). As if THAT wasn't enough (already the most intense HIIT session up to this point), I decided to add in one final effort, a bit longer at 2 minutes. Sweat was just dripping off during this, and I had to close my eyes and dig deep to keep going to the end. A minute of relief for my body; and then into the 4-minute 'cool-down' period. An excellent session. Absolutely STOKED with it. No issues with biceps tendons, knees, hips or lower back. LOVED it!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

0931 - Stretch 30 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2230-0843 (waking at 0315, 0325, 0423, and 0625), so just over 10 hours sleep. VERY deep. Woke at 0315, intending to get up at 0325, but went straight back into a deep sleep. Dreams disturbing. Woke eventually at 0843 feeling extremely shattered, with a migraine so bad I felt like my head was being drilled...

Mental Alertness/Focus: There.

Energy: I was driven on the rollers this morning. Been a bit blah all day, with a small stomach ache. Was going to go for a run this evening, but don't really need it (ache and migraine NO excuse). Really quite fatigued, and ready for bed a couple of hours ago...

Motivation: Definitely THERE.

Mood/Aggression: A rollercoaster today. Something this morning triggered off some major aggression and frustration, which gave me the drive I needed for HIIT. Aside from that, feeling quite DRAINED...

Stress: Moderate.

Libido: None.

Quality of Training: THAT is what I call really RAISING the bar. Damn, it's going to be tough to top THAT HIIT session :box: (but I'll try!)

Pump and Vascularity: Not much pump...Vascularity good, although not as strong as it has been lately...

Body Composition and Look: Looking a little softer today. Holding a little water as well, it feels. Legs the only thing I'm ok with...

Appetite: Had NONE all day. Had to FORCE myself to eat.

Overall Sense of Feeling: Not the greatest. I feel like I've been run over by something. Eyes sore and red. Migraine I want to claw out of my head. Just generally feeling quite hammered and NOT liking it at all!...Tomorrow is time to take this frustration out in the gym!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
What's this? Terminators don't feel pain. Clearly that's the case with that HIIT session.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What's this? Terminators don't feel pain. Clearly that's the case with that HIIT session.
Well, you'd like to think so :D But the aggression these days makes it easy to block out any physical pain!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 5

1207 - Shoulders (1 min recovery between sets):
1. BB BS 2 x 20
2. Barbell Shoulder Press (BB SP) 4 x 12, 12, 10, 10
3. DB LR 4 x 12, 12, 10, 10
4. Incline Dumbbell Rear Raise (Inc. DB RR) 4 x 12, 12, 10, 10
5. Plyometric Side-to-Side Box Jumps (PBJ) 2 x 40
6. Treadmill (T/M) 5 min @ 4.36 min/km
Henceforth, with Shoulders' day, since it is an area that I'm trying to gain on, I will be doing 2 x 20 of BB BS at the start of every session (doing 4 x 6-10 of Barbell Front Squats (BB FS) before Shoulders and Arms has worked well for me in the past in gaining muscle mass in those areas; time to change sets and reps)...BB BS were fine. Upped the weight from what I have been using in my high-rep Full-Body sessions, and body was fine with it...BB SP. Started off with peak weight. Had to drop the weight down for each successive set, to the third set, though, as right biceps tendon was irritated and extremely painful (it was before I even walked into the gym, but I tried to ignore it). Gritted teeth and did the best I could (but it wasn't really good enough)...DB LR. Better than last week. Right biceps tendon REALLY starting to give me hell from the third set on, when I INcreased the weight more...Been 4 weeks since I've done Inc. DB RR. And did ok. Same weight for each set...For the hell of it, finished with a couple of sets of PBJ. Feeling the impact in my shins, and shattered after each set, almost collapsing on the box afterwards...Just because I hadn't done any cardio, thought a brief 'run' after would be enough to tide me over until the run in the evening (that I planned on and never did)...It was an ok session...

1949 - Stretch 20 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2115-0723 (waking at 0151, 0315, and 0700), so ~10 hours sleep. Did not even hear my 0325 and 0423 alarms, I was so out of it; DAMNIT! Woke feeling quite shattered (migraine gone, though), and not really in the mood for anything...

Mental Alertness/Focus: There. Man, trying to be 5 places at once can get draining...

Energy: Not really had much today. Kind of been in the "I can't be bothered" mood for pretty much everything (someone told me that maybe that's my body's way of telling me I need a break, but I think it's just me being lazy). Rather guiltily decided not to do cardio this morning, because I planned on something this evening; but that didn't happen, and I'm beating myself up for almost the entire DAY. Grrr...

Motivation: I should have whipped you for that meal tonight!

Mood/Aggression: Mighty fcuked off with myself!...Have had quite a bit of aggression today. Eased for a while this afternoon (but only for the shortest of times). Now just stressed and want to beat something to a bloody pulp!

Stress: High.

Libido: Yes, well, I wish you WERE here for me to seduce!

Endurance: No worries ever there.

Strength: Maintaining.

Quality of Training: Ok.

Pump and Vascularity: Excellent pump in the gym in delts and legs...Vascularity quite strong in the gym. But even stronger this evening, especially after all the naughty carbohydrates (CHO)...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Arms, for sure. Glutes and legs.

Body Composition and Look: Look ok. Legs coming out nicely. Just want to get rid of my belly (DIET, girl; you KNOW that!!!) and the rest of the fat. There's so much fat on my body that it's just depressing! :frustrate

Appetite: Had none all day. Actually didn't even want the binge I had for dinner (then what the fcuk did you have it for then?!) From now on, I just want to eat only when and what I have to; it's the fastest way to getting the body I want (never mind supplements; they'll do shite if my diet isn't right). CONQUER YOURSELF!!!

Overall Sense of Feeling: BLAH...You had better be on track tomorrow, girl. OR ELSE! :mad:

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
your log is looking pretty sick!..sarah connor's!;)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
your log is looking pretty sick!..sarah connor's!;)
Cheers, bslick. Blowing up buildings and causing some destruction would definitely be the ticket to releasing all this aggression! :nono: But for now I'll have to settle for running my body into the ground :head:

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Hey babe! :)

I'm in and subbed by default...lol. :p

Cheers!:cheers:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey babe! :)

I'm in and subbed by default...lol. :p

Cheers!:cheers:
Are you trying to add a black crispy flavour to the party? Or perhaps moist and gooey? :toofunny:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 6

0918 - HIIT Rollers:
a. 4 min in 39x16 @ 60-65% HRmax @ 110 rpm
b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x15 (HR 75% HRmax, rpm N/A)
c. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x14 (HR 80% HRmax, rpm N/A)
d. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x13 (HR 80% HRmax, rpm N/A)
e. 1 min in 39x16 @ 118 rpm (HR dropped back to 65% HRmax)
f. 3 min in 39x16 @ 65% HRmax @ 130 rpm
Started out as usual. Feeling legs a little from yesterday's BB BS (interesting)..Increased intensity for first set of efforts. HR NOT increasing with intensity much. Legs feeling better with higher pace...Starting to get aggressive and angry. Increased intensity for second set of efforts. HR rising by only a few beats (GRRR). Legs feeling better...Spinning and sweating with the higher gear ratio for third set of efforts, trying to push HR higher. But it wouldn't. Legs REALLY feeling good now (WTF?)...Eased off for a minute. Although a lower gear, legs spinning faster than they ever would normally AFTER efforts. And even INcreasing the cadence to something that I wouldn't normally do for TOO long for the final 3 minutes did NOT increase HR. Weird; it SHOULD have gone up...A good session...

0941 - Stretch 20 min.

1042 - Back/Chest (1 min recovery between supersets):
Superset A
1. CG PU 4 x 12, 10, 8, 6
2. Incline Dumbbell Bench Press (Inc. DB BP) 4 x 12, 10, 8, 6
Superset B
3. Barbell Bent Over Row (BB BOR) 4 x 6
4. Flat Barbell Bench Press (Flat BB BP) 4 x 6
Superset C
5. Wide-Grip Lat Pull-Down (WG LPD) 4 x 6
6. P/U (different positioning feet and hands during each set) 4 x 12
Superset D
7. CG SR 2 x 12
8. Cable Crossovers (C C/O) 2 x 12
A little change in how I've been doing Chest/Back...Superset A: Started out with CG PU. Each successive set was done to the amount of reps that I could do without having to 'cheat' any reps. Straight from CG PU to Inc. DB BP. Selected 21.5kg (i.e. 47.3) DB straight up, just to see how many reps I could do on the first set; when I got to 12 reps (same as CG PU) I stopped. Stayed at that weight for the last 3 sets, matching each set of CG PU rep for rep. Next week I will INcrease the weight, definitely...Superset B: BB BOR. Weight just less than peak weight I've been using for 4-6 reps. Managed first set well. And second, and third; actually felt like I could do MORE reps for these sets, but I only wanted 6 reps (which I did). So INcreased the weight for the last set, and that was about right. Flat BB BP stuck on weight that have been using. The first set I didn't feel right, and I got told later that I looked like I was struggling a little. As with the second and third sets of BB BOR, with Flat BB BP, also felt as if I could have done at LEAST 8 reps; and third set felt the easiest of them all. So for last set I increased the weight, and managed 6 reps easy. Another weight INcrease for next week. (Note that BB BOR and Flat BB BP weights are the same)...Superset C: Started out at peak weight on WG LPD. Increased the weight, and gritted teeth, and moved past the pain for the last two sets. P/U. Since doing them with feet on bench, hands on m/b has become 'easy', did the first set like that. Second challenged myself by doing them with feet on swissball (s/b), hands on m/b; that was harder, and definitely something to work UP to. Third set I did with feet on s/b, hands on ground; that was actually relatively easy. Last set did them with feet on bench, hands on s/b; that was harder than having hands on m/b, because the s/b move more and are less stable. So, will be doing P/U with feet on bench, hands on s/b from now on; and work up to doing them feet on s/b, hands on m/b...Superset D: CG SR done at peak weight, with definite digging for aggression in the last few reps of the last set. C C/O done at peak weight used, and also digging in the last set; but managing...During that session there were several times when I felt I was going to drop the weight or fall or something, but I 'steadied' myself and dug deep for the willpower and aggression that has been driving my sessions of late. VERY pleased with the session :)

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2215-0723 (waking at 0315, 0423, and 0630), so ~9 hours sleep. Absolutely shattered on waking, and easily asleep within seconds of alarms (and didn't even hear them all)! Sleep was deep and full of dreams.

Mental Alertness/Focus: Been there today. I have been SWAMPED!

Energy: There were a few moments in the gym where I felt like I was going to falter, but I was fine. Everything was great right up until after the pumpernickel (which didn't TASTE like pumpernickel) bagels, and then I was suddenly really fatigued, and I passed out for ~1 hour. Came to afterwards, and felt like going for a run. Trying NOT to OVERdo it, though (damn, it is HARD to NOT train when my head WANTS to be)!

Motivation: I have a photoshoot next week, so I HAVE to look decent for that...

Mood/Aggression: Quite aggressive (been a definite pattern the last few days) today; and really providing some ammunition under me during training. Aside from that, bit disappointed in self...

Stress: HIGH.

Libido: Close to hitting the red 'WARNING' button...

Strength: UP. Doing Body-Part splits has seen good strength increases in ALL areas.

Quality of Training: Excellent. Loving it. Still. Just need to get some RUNS in, aye...

Pump and Vascularity: Wicked pump in the gym; arms felt hard as after CG PU and P/U especially...Vascularity is still all knots and blue lines (and especially strong after CHO). Be interesting to see what it's like when leanER...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Upper body AND lower body. REALLY noticing it in triceps and glutes today. Legs feeling harder in teh afternoon, too...

Body Composition and Look: Just NOT happy with how I'm looking. It doesn't matter what anyone ELSE thinks; I need to be happy with it!

Appetite: Again, none until I got in a mood in the evening. Thirsty as all afternoon, too...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Hit the training HARDER. Make the diet FLAWLESS. I'm going to get BETTER! I HAVE to!

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
looking solid rosie!..your log is off the chain!:thumbsup:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
Energy: There were a few moments in the gym where I felt like I was going to falter, but I was fine. Everything was great right up until after the pumpernickel (which didn't TASTE like pumpernickel) bagels, and then I was suddenly really fatigued, and I passed out for ~1 hour. Came to afterwards, and felt like going for a run. Trying NOT to OVERdo it, though (damn, it is HARD to NOT train when my head WANTS to be)!

Thanks. I SHOULD be doing a lot MORE, though!

dang!..girl how much more you need to do!..LOL..your already working your a$$ off rosie!..you should be very proud!:thumbsup:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
dang!..girl how much more you need to do!..LOL..your already working your a$$ off rosie!..you should be very proud!:thumbsup:
I should be at least doing a 5.5km run every other night!

Besides, all this aggression and libido and stress has to be channelled into SOMEthing!

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
I should be at least doing a 5.5km run every other night!

Besides, all this aggression and libido and stress has to be channelled into SOMEthing!
i hear ya!..rosie.wouldnt want to mess with ya!:nono:..LOL..:thumbsup:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 7

1032 - 4.2km Run:
Sunny and HOT already...Body just 'settled' into a pace. Could feel my right biceps tendon irritating a little, but not enough to cause any detriment. Right calf was also a little tender from the PBJ on Tuesday. First km done in 4.86 min, second barely faster in 4.85 min. Slowed for the third, right back to 4.97 min/km pace. Didn't feel like I was going to collapse at the end of it, but didn't feel like I had exhausted myself to the fullest, either; just felt fatigued overall.

1059 - Stretch 22 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2315-0913 (waking at 0315), so nearly 10 hours sleep. Deep. Dreaming. Woke pretty shattered, with bloodshot eyes, and very thirsty...

Mental Alertness/Focus: There. Been SO stressed.

Energy: Did my run. Was going to do a Full-Body resistance session afterwards, but decided to leave it and do tomorrow...Stress is quite draining on the energy. Lay out in the sun for 40 minutes in the later afternoon, but too hot to do much...Considered an evening run, but will probably leave it and let today be my 'recovery' day...

Motivation: There.

Mood/Aggression: VERY aggressive...

Stress: VERY HIGH!

Libido: Has been high...GONE now, though...

Endurance: Good.

Quality of Training: Average.

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity awesome...

Body Composition and Look: GRRRR...

Appetite: Not really had one. And NOT binged, either. Still very thirsty...

Overall Sense of Feeling: What happens when the one person you should be able to talk to you CAN'T talk to???

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
looking good rosie!..btw.take it easy on the stress level.your too young to be getting white hairs!..LOL..j.k!keep up the intensity rosie!:thumbsup:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
looking good rosie!..btw.take it easy on the stress level.your too young to be getting white hairs!..LOL..j.k!keep up the intensity rosie!:thumbsup:
You're never too young to get anything these days...And I am just a highly stressed individual in general. But this has been worse than usual...And the aggression. That too...

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Hey, just going back to what you said about dosing NeoVar at night before bed after a "high carb day" what would you say is a high carb day? I'm doing 300-400g a day in carbs from mostly pasta.

Status
Not open for further replies.