The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 18

1054 - HIIT Rollers:
a. 4 min in 39x16 @ 60-65% HRmax @ 110 rpm
b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x14 (HR 75% HRmax, rpm N/A)
c. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x13 (HR 80% HRmax, rpm N/A)
d. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x12 (HR 80-85% HRmax, rpm N/A)
e. 1 min in 39x16 @ 66 rpm (HR dropped back to 60% HRmax)
f. 3 min in 39x16 @ 60-65% HRmax @ 106 rpm
Was aggressive as hell when I got on the rollers this morning and was ready to tear something to shreds...Started out ok, but raring to get into the efforts. Started the first set of efforts in a higher gear ratio than I have been, spinning to try and burn all the rage out. HR did NOT go up (GRRRR) much. Nor did it much more when I increased the intensity for the second set of efforts. Legs were a different story, starting to feel the pace towards the end of the second set. Third set of efforts was a battle, filled with angry noise and spinning during the efforts and relief in between them. HR got up though. Finished off after the last set easy, before easing back into a 'cool-down' pace...

1117 - Stretch 21 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~0100-0900 (waking at 0315, 0325, 0423, and 0845), so ~8 hours sleep. Deep sleep. No dreams. Took me ~15 minutes to get up once awake, and even longer to 'wake up'...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Been doing some serious packing today...

Energy: Good enough.

Motivation: There.

Mood/Aggression: VERY aggressive today. Tried to use it for HIIT, but didn't work so well. If there were no laws and I could go anywhere and I had a gun with endless bullets...

Stress: High.

Libido: None.

Joints: Fine.

Endurance: Good.

Strength: N/A.

Quality of Training: Ok, but not that great.

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity not as strong as usual...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Delts and arms. Glutes and legs.

Body Composition and Look: It's been better. However, double-dosing NeoVar Recomped pre-bed is helping me 'recover' from the binges a lot faster than I would otherwise, and will become a norm in my supplement regime (binge or not) from now on...

Appetite: None. Not as thirsty as I have been either (surprising, since I drank nearly 2 galleons yesterday)...

Overall Sense of Feeling: I'll just be glad when everything is done here and I can move on...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 19

0916 - Rollers:
a. 5 min in 39x16 @ 65% HRmax @ 106 rpm
b. 10 min in 39x16 @ 70% HRmax @ 114-116 rpm
c. 5 min in 39x16 @ 75% HRmax @ 122 rpm
Started out ok. Legs fine. Not really wanting to be on the rollers, but doing it anyway. Upped the cadence after 5 minutes, and then some more after 15 minutes. HR did NOT rise much at all. Gave legs a good spin though.

0940 - Stretch 21 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2300-0800 (waking at 0315, 0325, 0423, and 0615), so ~9 hours sleep. VERY deep. Dreaming. Not in the mood to do anything much when I woke up. GRRR; I want to be getting up at 0315 like I used to!!!

Mental Alertness/Focus: Been in and out and pottering about all day packing and tidying up loose ends...

Energy: There, but not really used it much...Aside from the rollers and a walk into town...

Motivation: Not really, today.

Mood/Aggression: Bit blah. Had a few silly moments in the mid-afternoon. Now just disappointed in yet another binge...

Libido: Starting to get some back.

Endurance: Fine.

Quality of Training: Ok.

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Not really noticed much vascularity...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Arms. Glutes and legs.

Body Composition and Look: Better this morning. Bit bloated after "dinner" (lasted 80 minutes, so no surprise there)...Back to good diet and resistance training and I'll be fine in no time...

Appetite: Been wanting to binge all day. And yes, DID this evening (and yes, regretting it afterwards). Had 6 NeoVar Recomped pre-bed tonight...Not as thirsty today as have been...

Overall Sense of Feeling: I'll be glad come the end of the week...But next week will bring NEW stresses...Just wanting to get back into MY routine. STOP all these late nights and start going to bed between 2030 and 2130 and getting up at 0315...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Packing? Thats exercise in its own right!
So will be the 2 hours I will have to spend doing the gardening (well, beating the garden back) sometime today or tomorrow...

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So will be the 2 hours I will have to spend doing the gardening (well, beating the garden back) sometime today or tomorrow...

LOL thats the only thing I like about winter. No gardening and no mowing the grass!

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Get a flame thrower! 5 minute job!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL thats the only thing I like about winter. No gardening and no mowing the grass!
Well, I don't have to do the lawns (someone else does that), but I DO have to do the garden; gardening is not really my thing, LOL (it's something I do if I feel like it).

But, the whole house and yard etc. needs to be cleaned from top to bottom and inside out in the next 36 hours...

Get a flame thrower! 5 minute job!
As tempting as that sounds I'm not sure the new residents would appreciate that much :D

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 20

1027 - HIIT Rollers:
a. 4 min in 39x16 @ 60-65% HRmax @ 104 rpm
b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x15 (HR 70% HRmax, rpm N/A)
c. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x14 (HR 75-80% HRmax, rpm N/A)
d. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x13 (HR 80-85% HRmax, rpm N/A)
e. 2 min in 39x16 @ 104 rpm (HR dropped back to 60% HRmax)
f. 2 min in 39x16 @ 60-65% HRmax @ 112 rpm
NOT in the mood or wanting to do ANY training today...Got on the rollers and made a half-hearted attempt at starting. Legs were fine. HR fine. Efforts were ok, but nothing great. Legs were starting to feel the intensity on the last set of efforts, and HR was starting to get some rise. 'Cool-down' pretty slow and lacklustre.

1055 - Stretch 20 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~ 2350-0900 (waking at 0315, 0325, 0423, 0615, 0715, and 0800), so ~9 hours sleep. Deep. Dreaming. Took a little while to get up once 'awake'...

Mental Alertness/Focus: There.

Energy: Did HIIT, but not really in the mood for training. Spent the day packing and doing some gardening, and then chilled for the evening with a couple of DVDs...

Motivation: This week has REALLY been LACKING in motivation for training :wtf1: (maybe the too long withOUT a break (it's been 3 days completely off training in the last 8 weeks)...Or something else; too much on my mind at the moment?)

Mood/Aggression: Just a bit blah...

Stress: HIGH!

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity more like I am used to...

Body Composition and Look: Arms look ok. Rest of me looking (and feeling) a bit soft and curvy today :arg: :irked: (too many binges withOUT resistance training; has to STOP!) Not feeling too comfortable in my body today (get back to feeling good!)

Appetite: None all day. And then huge binge with the DVDs :twak: Huge eating may be 'acceptable' when I am doing heavy resistance training, but when I am NOT, my body does NOT need all that food!!! :censored: CONTROL!!!...Just a quick note that from now on I am also dosing NeoVar Recomped at 4-6 caps pre-bed as well...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Quite disappointed in myself. Hindsight means that I know BETTER (then put it to some USE)!...It is also looking like resistance training may not be done this week, due to all the moving etc. I guess a week off will be ok (considering it's been 6 weeks since I had a week off the gym); but head is still NOT liking it...

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
LOL Well when you move do some walking lunges carrying your boxes to the truck;)

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
Late, but following.
What is up with the high stress? You are too young for that.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Late, but following.
What is up with the high stress? You are too young for that.
There's a lot going on in my life right now. Lots of CHANGE and huge decisions...Besides, I have always been highly stressed. Some of us are just like that. And some of us operate best like that...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 21

0834 - HIIT Rollers:
a. 4 min in 39x16 @ 65% HRmax @ 104 rpm
b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x15 (HR 75% HRmax, rpm N/A)
c. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x14 (HR 75% HRmax, rpm N/A)
d. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x13 (HR 80% HRmax, rpm N/A)
e. 1 min in 39x16 @ 104 rpm (HR dropped back to 65% HRmax)
f. 3 min in 39x16 @ 65-70% HRmax @ 110 rpm
Just wanting to get training done and out of the way today. Decided to do HIIT, since not sure what I could do Friday when more focussed on the last of the packing and leaving...Started out ok. HR a little on the higher end of what it would normally be. Efforts saw HR a little higher than normal for what they would be at the same intensity, but not feeling as if they were any more intense than usual. Legs feeling good (surprising, since did HIIT yesterday). Body was ok during 'cool-down' as well...

0856 - Stretch 20 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2330-0700 (waking at 0315, 0325, and 0423), so ~7.5 hours sleep. Didn't get up until 0732 though. Sleep was deep. No dreams...

Mental Alertness/Focus: There. Although not really needed for mindless tasks like cleaning...

Energy: Did HIIT and then spent 6 hours straight cleaning. Not really wanting to be doing ANYthing after that, so got a couple of DVDs. Was so tired actually fell asleep during the second one...

Motivation: None.

Mood/Aggression: Nothing...

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity ok; better in the evening...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Arms.

Body Composition and Look: Too soft for my liking. All this time out of the gym (while eating the same) is making a noticeable difference...

Appetite: None all day. Didn't eat from breakfast until dinner (forgot as I was cleaning)...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Not too happy with myself right now...Nevertheless, the timeline is closing in...

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Your looking pretty solid in your avatar! nice bronze colour too :)

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
There's a lot going on in my life right now. Lots of CHANGE and huge decisions...Besides, I have always been highly stressed. Some of us are just like that. And some of us operate best like that...
Stress is a silent killer over time. It's terrible for you. I'm like that too. Sometimes I just have to get away on a backpack trip to the mountains for a few days and get away from everything and everybody and unwind. It feels great. I have high bp mainly from genetics, but I think stress has alot to do with it also. Don't downplay the effects it has on your body.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your looking pretty solid in your avatar! nice bronze colour too :)
Cheers, Dave. The last week of no training and lots of eating has made a few changes to that, but nothing that won't be rectified in a week or two of being back on track!

Stress is a silent killer over time. It's terrible for you. I'm like that too. Sometimes I just have to get away on a backpack trip to the mountains for a few days and get away from everything and everybody and unwind. It feels great. I have high bp mainly from genetics, but I think stress has alot to do with it also. Don't downplay the effects it has on your body.
Well stress doesn't affect my blood pressure or heart rate or physiological things like that; the only 'effects' it really has is that it 'makes' me binge and is the only thing that affects my skin.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Quick Update

For those who are following, I haven't disappeared. Just been doing lots of travelling and things and not had access to the internet. I've been keeping up with my log and will post the last few days when I get a chance to be here connected for longer.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
For those who are following, I haven't disappeared. Just been doing lots of travelling and things and not had access to the internet. I've been keeping up with my log and will post the last few days when I get a chance to be here connected for longer.
Sounds good! I have had stress issues from being a student; I remember on a yearly physical my cortisol was way up; I just picked up this interesting book about stress [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Why-Zebras-Dont-Ulcers-Third/dp/0805073698/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1229453181&sr=1-1"]Amazon.com: Why Zebras Don't Get Ulcers, Third Edition: Robert M. Sapolsky: Books[/ame] , and he has another one on Adrenal Fatigue for later.

Vit C is an easy way to lower cortisol, I like Rhodiola, and the Lean Xtreme is a tempting deal at $25. But nothing beats lying in bed watching a good movie with your feet up :D

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck in your new city BTW :)
Thanks, sweets. First day at work today ('training course'). And first day back in the gym (I NEED it)!

Sounds good! I have had stress issues from being a student; I remember on a yearly physical my cortisol was way up; I just picked up this interesting book about stress http://www.amazon.com/Why-Zebras-Dont-Ulcers-Third/dp/0805073698/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1229453181&sr=1-1 , and he has another one on Adrenal Fatigue for later.

Vit C is an easy way to lower cortisol, I like Rhodiola, and the Lean Xtreme is a tempting deal at $25. But nothing beats lying in bed watching a good movie with your feet up :D
Yeah, well, I use lots of stuff with Rholdiola Rosea in and have Lean Xtreme coming. But stress is in my nature, so it's going nowhere fast. I've just learnt to deal.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 22

0535 - 5.5km Run:
The LAST run I will be doing along this route for a very, VERY LONG time...Nice morning. Just starting to get light out. Already warm. The smell of blossoms and jasmine heavy in the air. I just let my body do as it would today, since I have been pretty Unmotivated for ANY sort of training this week (even though I HAVE done it)...First km was done in 4.51 minutes, the second a bit slower at 4.78 minutes. I ended up dropping right back to 4.98 min/km between the second and third km, when my right shin started feeling the impact...An ok run...

0607 - Stretch 20 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2245-0315 (waking at 0215), so ~4.5 hours sleep. Deep. Quite tired last night and fell asleep during the second movie. A little Unawake on waking, but got up to do a quick chore. Went back to bed at 0330, planning on getting up at 0430; but couldn't fall back to sleep, so 'got up' at 0400. And went for a run at 0535...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Had to be there. Finally, the LAST of the packing (and damn, Mum is going to have a full house of all the siblings' 'excess belongings as we all move or go overseas). Started feeling a little unfocussed about ~1 hour into driving down, but ate and kept myself awake. Now on the Arahura ferry, ready for the 3 hour trip across the islands...

Energy: Run was ok. Was actually reasonably ok with everything today. Not really physically fatigued; need to get back into the gym!!!

Motivation: Still a bit blah...

Mood/Aggression: Ok mood. Just a bit tired is all...

Stress: Moderate.

Libido: Some.

Quality of Training: The first run in over a week (has ended up being one a week so far this year; NOT good enough; needs to be MORE regular, as it was!) Not slow, but not fast either...

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity pretty awesome today, especially now that I am more golden and have been in the sun for most of the day (driving down)...

Body Composition and Look: Arms are looking a little more defined (or maybe that's just because I am browner, because I certainly have NOT got LEANer this last week)...Not really liking how I am looking (doesn't take long to 'lose shape' when not resistance training and eating bad)...Just get back on track, and see what you WANT (and WILL) be, girl...

Appetite: The first day in a week where I have been having regular meals, instead of breakfast and then 'forgetting' all day until a huge binge at dinner...Not as thirsty today (or maybe more preoccupied?)...Get back on track re diet, girl; you KNOW you see results just like that when you?re 'good'...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Some relief. Some apprehension. Some anticipation. I'm in a 'transition'; soon it will be the start of a NEW chapter...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 23

Nothing. Because of sleeping late and having to do more travelling, decided NOT to do anything (a very BAD idea?)

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2245-0906 (waking at 0615, 0630, 0700, and 0815), so ~ 10.25 hours sleep. Deep. REALLY shattered. No dreams. If had not had to check out of the motel at 1000, probably would have slept for a little longer...

Mental Alertness/Focus: There. More driving; windy roads; heat.

Energy: Not needed much, but quite 'tired' by the time got in. Fell asleep on an aunt's couch ~1630-1730, and then wanted to again later on...

Motivation: Highly motivated to get back into shape; one week off the gym and eating the same has NOT been nice to my body...

Mood/Aggression: Started out good. Got a bit aggressive, especially as I got tired and stressed about the job. Finished just drained...

Endurance: N/A.

Quality of Training: N/A.

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity awesome, especially in the heat...

Body Composition and Look: Very golden now...Looking far too soft. VERY different from what I was a week ago...

Appetite: Not really. Just when I could. This has to get back into a regular, PLANNED diet routine!!!

Overall Sense of Feeling: Relieved to finally be here. Annoyed at some of the things that have been going on (i.e. my bike 'broke' in the car; just one of many things)...Tomorrow starts the blank page...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 24

0942 - Run 20 min:
Just ran around a few streets. Unfamiliar to me. Found a good street to do my HIIT Runs (I want to start doing them again from TOMORROW!) Felt quick fatigued and wasn?t really running very fast at all. Glad that I did SOMEthing, though...

1006 - Stretch 21 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2345-0817 (waking at 0545, 0600, AND 0615), so ~8.5 hours sleep. Was too shattered to get up at the planned 0600 (trying to start earlier, and then get REALLY early). Didn't wake until your text. REALLY DEEP sleep. Some dreams...

Mental Alertness/Focus: There. Not really needed to think too much today, though...

Energy: Actually pretty shattered today. Spent 4 hours walking around the city centre (and about)...Just want to be going to bed early (and then being able to get up early)...

Motivation: Blah again today

Mood/Aggression: Good mood for the most part of the day. Then I lost my phone (so I'll have to get a new one tomorrow, if I can find some time) somewhere in town (and didn't notice until AGES later, and even though retraced footsteps never found it), which just fcuked me right off (ALL contacts were on the SIM, damnit). And now more stress is piling up...

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity good...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Glutes and legs.

Body Composition and Look: And the gold keeps getting darker...FEELING (and seeing) how much bigger I am from what I was (NOT cool)...

Appetite: Breakfast was the only 'good' meal; but eating regularly today (a start from the last couple of weeks). Not drunk very much (not happy about that)...DIET!!!

Overall Sense of Feeling: I'm almost MORE stressed now than I was BEFORE coming down here. Things keep getting turned upside down and inside out and I'm NOT in a happy place. Relax and BREATHE. Get back into a routine (or do the best you can until you are in a place of your OWN). You CAN do this!!!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Changes to Supplements and Training Programme

SUPPLEMENTS

ESSENTIALS

Creatine
NeoVar Recomped: 2 caps 30 min pre-gym, 2 caps immediately post-gym, and 4 caps last thing at night (on NON-gym days - 2 caps immediately post-cardio, and 2 caps 20 min pre-meal later in the day, and 4 caps last thing at night).

Protein Powder/BCAA's/EAA's
LG Lipotropic Protein: 40g (contains 31g protein per 40g) with breakfast (i.e. meal 1), 40g with meal 2, 40g with meal 4.

Good Fats
Omega-Essentials: 2 caps immediately post-breakfast.

Vitamins/Minerals
Complete-Balance: 2 caps immediately post-breakfast.
Bio-Mend: 2 caps immediately post-breakfast.

OTHER

OsteoSport: 4 caps first thing in the morning.

IGF-2: 3 caps first thing in the morning, and 3 caps last thing at night.

Lipotrophin-PM: 2 caps first thing in the morning, and 2 caps last thing at night.

RPM: 2 caps 80 min pre-gym (NOT using on NON-gym days).

TRAINING

Cardio

Cardio is to be done either boxing, cycling, rowing, running, or skipping (or a combination).

HIIT
3 x 20 min sessions per week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)

Steady-State
3-4 x 20-30 min sessions per week (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday*, Sunday*)

Double Cardio
1-4 x 20-30 min sessions per week (whatever day I feel like, but it will be done pm)

* If I have a Day Off it will be either Saturday or Sunday, but I may NOT even have one a week; just as my body requires.

Resistance Training

Resistance sessions have not been assigned to a particular day of the week; they will be done in the order Day 1 to Day 5 each week (most probably Monday to Friday).

Day 1- Full-Body
Day 2 - Shoulders
Day 3 - Arms
Day 4 - Full-Body
Day 5 - Back/Chest

Stretching

I stretch for 20-30 minutes a day, usually after my cardio.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 25

0424 - HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 8 x 20 sec efforts/10 sec easy
c. 12 min jogging
First HIIT Run in a LONG time. Felt good to be out there! Since it was the first time, decided to do only 8 efforts, and increase the reps as I get back into it (and also find a road best suited for it). The road that I selected yesterday was quite a bit darker than I thought it would be, and started having more traffic than I expected (due to there being a factory along it); so after my efforts, I ran down another road, trying to find something more suitable. This week will just be a 'testing', methinks. The sprints were ok; they felt longer than they actually were, but that may just be because I am not used to doing them (I will be soon, though). So, a good run.

0454 - Stretch 21 min.

0608 - Full-Body (1 min recovery between all sets, except CG PU- 3 min recovery):
1. BB BS 2 x 25
2. BB RD (on step) 2 x 12
3. LLC 2 x 25
4. CG PU 2 x 12
5. P/U (feet on bench, hands on s/b) 2 x 20
6. DB SP 2 x 12
7 Dips 2 x 12
8. DB ZC 2 x 20
9. Abs 4 x [a. weighted crunch x 15, b. rope crunch x 15]
10. Plyometric (Side-to-Side) Bench Jumps 2 x 40
Decided to change up the order of my resistance sessions from this week on, since it's back to training with a vengeance. First on the list is Full-Body...BB BS. Same weight as I used the last time I did BB BS. My legs were shaking on the last few reps of the last set, but I managed fine. Felt GOOD to be WORKING again!.....BB RD. Same weight as last time did BB RD. Was good...LLC. Set it at the weight slightly HIGHER than I used last time I did LLC, and was surprised when I managed to get out a COMPLETE set with dropsetting it! Dropsetted the second set after 15 reps though, back to what I started on last time I did LLC. Improvement is always good :)...CG PU. I have not really done these in my Full-Body sessions before. But I decided to have a change today and add them in. The pull-up bar is different than what I am used to (actually, I had to 'improvise' on several exercises, because of the lack of the equipment I would normally have used). The first set was ok. REALLY feeling it though; glad for the 3-minute break. The second set was a definite battle after the 8th rep, and I had to do 4 negatives to make up the 12-rep set...P/U. The first set was ok; I'm getting better at 'stabilizing' myself on the s/b (work that core, girl). I struggled on the last 2 reps of the second set, and they were done, albeit not what I would call 'good'...DB SP. Weight higher than what I used last time I did DB SP. Forearms were screaming on the 10th rep of each set, but I pushed through to get out the 12 reps per set...Dips. Done at b/w (which is an extra 3kg (i.e. 6.6lb) than what I would normally be, from all the food). Had to improvise on a different machine here as well, since there was nothing I could do these on. Arms were 'giving' out on the 12th rep, so that's where I ended on the first set, and decided to just stay at that for the second set...DB ZC were fine up until the 15th rep of each set; and then left wrist/forearm was screaming at me. Battled through slowly to finish the 20 reps per set...Abs. Good. Feeling them from the second set onwards...Because they have no boxes I used a bench to do my plyometric side-to-side jumps (which I added in just to make sure that I was completely 'done' after the session). Managed ok. Feeling the 'impact' after the first set; and on the 30th rep of the second set my right ankle started burning (but kept going to finish the set)...So, 57 minutes of being in a 'happy' place...

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2215-0315, so ~5 hours sleep. The first time back to 'normal' sleeping patterns (YES! Now let's KEEP it like that). Deep sleep; I was shattered as last night when I went to bed (and kept being disturbed). A few dreams, but nothing memorable...

Mental Alertness/Focus: THERE.

Energy: Had it for my run, and for the gym. Not really needed it much during the day. Started feeling a bit tired ~1530...

Motivation: To get back into shape, yes. To succeed in business, yes.

Mood/Aggression: Stressed.

Stress: HIGH.

Joints: Good.

Endurance: Good.

Strength: Maintaining (which is ok, for the first session back after a week off).

Quality of Training: HIIT Run was ok...Resistance session was good. Glad to be back into it :)

Pump and Vascularity: Pump in the gym, yes; although not as strong as it has been in other Full-Body sessions...Vascularity ok; nothing spectacular...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Arms. Legs.

Body Composition and Look: Still bigger than I am ok with and feeling rather uncomfortable in my skin; but it won't be long until I get back into shape...

Appetite: Just when and what I should today (despite the urges to BINGE!!!)

Overall Sense of Feeling: It's the start of something new today. New job. New training regime. Managed to get up as I wanted, and plan on keeping on doing it! Got to be POSITIVE...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hope you have a good new first day today!
It was yesterday. And yeah, it was good. I've done two 10-hour days so far :)

I may have missed it, but how do you like the Lipotropic Protein. I assume you have the original flavouring.
I like it. There are a few notes under "Appetite" in Day 26's log on it:
Been using the [vanilla] LG Sciences Lipotropic Protein mixed with water as shakes, and the taste is quite grainy. Even mixed with just water it is thick and 'creamy', but in a good way. The only thing that I do not like it is that it seems to leave me a little bloated for a few hours after the shake; don't have that experience when mix it in with oats (interesting). I REALLY like this protein though. And the taste is fine; second best tasting protein powder that I've ever used :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 26

0432 - Run 22 min:
Another early morning run (as I like it). Bit windier this morning than yesterday (all good, though). Set off at a steady pace (no idea yet what the pace was since I have yet to mark out/measure distances, but it was not that fast). Body felt a little fatigued, but managed ok. Legs were fine. Not long until I can get back to the level I was at. Felt good when I finished.

0519 - Stretch 21 min.

0610 - Shoulders (1 min recovery):
1. BB SP 4 x 12; 2 x 20, 30
2. DB LR 4 x 12, 2 x 20
3. Reverse Pec Dec (RPD) 4 x 12, 2 x 20
4. DB SP 2 x 12
5. DB Shrugs 3 x 10
A slightly shorter session than yesterday, but no less intense...Started out with BB SP. Did the first set at 40kg (i.e. 88lb). Managed fine, so increased the weight to 50kg (i.e. 110lb) for the second set. The last couple of reps were a bit harder, but gritted teeth and pushed through. Kept it at that weight for the last two sets of 12 reps. Decided for the hell of it to do two high-rep sets after all the 4x12 that I had planned on (for each exercise). Left the weight at 50kg, but had to dropset back to 40kg after 12 reps on the first set and after 10 reps on the second set. Pleased, though...DB LR. Weight that has been my peak for 8-10 reps, and got out 12 reps ok. Increased weight by 12.5% for the second set, and struggled to get out 12 reps. Went back down to initial weight for the last two sets of 12 reps. Decreased weight by 12.5% for the two sets of 20 reps. Separation in anterior delts noticeable (get leaner thoug!) Burning at the end of them! ...RPD was a bit of a battle for each set. Elbows kept slipping down the pads and had to keep adjusting them between reps. Weight was also a little lower than it has been with this??? Ok, though...Did a couple of sets of DB SP because I can. Feeling the fatigue on the 8th rep of the second set, and almost did NOT make 12 reps (but did, barely). Did well, considering...Finished with some DB Shrugs (will stop doing these for a while, though, since no need for them, really)...Good session. Well pleased with it.

1330:
1. Walking Lunges (with BB on back) 2 x 20
2. P/U (feet on ground, hands on ground) 2 x 10, 20
3. Deadlifts 2 x 10, 20
4. Sit-Ups 2 x 10, 20
5. Thrusters 2 x 10, 20
6. Burpees (push-up, to jump up) 2 x 10, 20
7. Stretch 3 min
This was an interesting session, and not one I would normally do. For 'training' we have to take each other through sessions based on goals/results given in a mock client meeting, so this is what my 'partner' took me through. The session was done as a circuit (i.e. one set of each exercise done before moving straight to the next exercise), and completed twice...Walking Lunges are something that I have never done before. Were interesting...P/U were fine (feeling my anterior delts and biceps' tendons from yesterday and the earlier resistance session)...Deadlifts were done with a boxing bag instead of a BB and felt weird (more weight needed)...I never do Sit-Ups normally, since they hurt my lower back, and my hip flexors don't really need doing (i.e. I didn't like this exercise)...Thrusters are also something that I have never done before. For those who don't know what they are (and I learnt today as well) you hold a BB in your hands, squat, and at the top of the squat movement you do an overhead press. So, interesting. Good, though...Burpees were done with a variation I have never used before. Good...Finished each circuit with a few minutes of stretching...So, definitely DIFFERENT from anything I am used to or have ever done. A few ideas of things to incorporate into my training programme perhaps...

1503:
Circuit A:
1. Overhead Barbell Squat (OH BB S) 1 x 20
2. P/U (feet on floor, hands on floor) 1 x 20
3. DB Swing 1 x 20
4. N-Up 1 x 20
5. Thruster 1 x 20
6. Burpees (falling onto hands, push-up, to jump) 1 x 20
7. m/b Wall Throw Squats (m/b WTS) 1 x 20
8. Stretch 3 min
Circuit B (1 min recovery between exercises):
1. OH BB S 1 min (21 reps)
2. P/U (feet on floor, hands on floor) 1 min (32 reps)
3. DB Swing 1 min (25 reps)
4. N-Up 1 min (19 reps)
5. Thruster 1 min (28 reps)
6. Burpees (falling onto hands, push-up, to jump) 1 min (11 reps)
7. m/b WTS 1 min (33 reps)
8. Stretch 5 min
This was another interesting session (yes, as you can tell, with the partner of the 'partner' who took me through the earlier session)...Many exercises were new to me. Which was good. Gave me some variation. Also was quite fatigued after doing everything else (and because I push myself, and wasn't just going to do it 'easy')...Started out by going through each exercise first, demonstrating it to me, and then getting me to do 20 reps...Then was a 'fitness assessment' (and no, would NOT be accurate, considering I was FAR from fresh). Completed each exercise to see how many reps I could do in 1 min...OH BB S was something never done before. Was good. A little balance required, but once slowed down was fine...P/U had left biceps tendon burning...DB Swing was something never done before. For those who don't know what it is, almost like a kettlebell (KB) swing, where in a quarter-to-half-squat position with DB (or KB) in hands between legs, and go up from squat position and swing DB (or KB) over head and bring it back down. REALLY feeling these in my hips...N-Up also never done before. For those who don't know I was lying on back, arms and legs outstretched, shoulders off the floor, and bring myself up so that arms were alongside feet. I really struggled with these (something to work at maybe)...More thrusters. These are fine...Burpees. This variation was quite difficult for me to get in Circuit A, but was fine in Circuit B. VERY demanding and getting HR going...m/b WTS also something I have never done before. For those who don't know what it is, in a squat position, squatting, and when you come up from the squat you throw a m/b from your chest above your head onto a wall, and catch it, and go back down into the squat; it is ONE movement, and continuous; no STOPPING. It also got my HR going...There were a few moments in that session when I seriously thought that my legs would give out or something, but dug in and was determined to give it my best shot...

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2230-0315, so ~4.75 hours sleep. Deep sleep; pretty shattered when I went to bed. No recall of dreams...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Been on top of my game :)

Energy: Had it in bucketloads today; back to being the 'energizer bunny' :) Starting to fade a little between 1530-1600 and feeling like I was going to collapse during the training session, but pushing through...

Motivation: Excellent!

Mood/Aggression: GOOD mood!

Stress: On the 1 to 10 scale sitting at a 7.

Endurance: Excellent.

Strength: Up (BB SP, DB LR), maintaining for the rep range (DB SP, DB Shrugs), and down (RPD).

Quality of Training: Excellent. Pretty happy with the way training has been the last couple of days! Be like that ALL the time I want to be!!!

Pump and Vascularity: Pump in the gym in deltoids, yes...Vascularity good...

Body Composition and Look: Still looking soft. Can see the extra water from my waist down, and belly looking less flat than it was...Just get LEAN, girl!...

Appetite: Eaten what I had to today...Been using the [vanilla] LG Sciences Lipotropic Protein mixed with water as shakes, and the taste is quite grainy. Even mixed with just water it is thick and 'creamy', but in a good way. The only thing that I do not like it is that it seems to leave me a little bloated for a few hours after the shake; don't have that experience when mix it in with oats (interesting). I REALLY like this protein though. And the taste is fine; second best tasting protein powder that I've ever used :)...Thirsty as (but understandable, given all the trainng I've done today).

Overall Sense of Feeling: Quite shattered. But pretty pleased and happy.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 27

0610 - HIIT Rower:
a. 4 min @ Resistance 10 @ 2.14-2.16 min/500m
b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy @ Resistance 10
c. 1 min @ Resistance 10 @ 2.25-2.28 min/500m
d. 3 min @ Resistance 10 @ 2.14-2.16 min/500m
Decided on HIIT on the Rower, since it is an excellent exercise and I love it (partly because I FEEL my glutes and legs afterwards, and I don't from cycling). Started out at an easy pace for the first few min. Did 8 efforts at maximal pace. Gasping for air from the second effort and I could really feel my heart racing. The last couple of efforts were a little slower than the rest, but not by much. Had an easy minute after the efforts to 'recover', and then back to a 'standard' pace. Got off the Rower FEELING my legs (and with an awesome pump).

0625 - Arms (1 min recovery between supersets/sets, except CG PU - 3 min recovery):
1. CG PU 4 x 10, 8, 6, 6
Superset A
2. Flat CG BB BP 4 x 10
3. DB ZC 4 x 12
Superset B
4. Dips 4 x 12
5. Inc. DB BC 4 x 8
Superset C
6. DB FP 4 x 8
7. Alt. DB HC 4 x 12
8. O/H C/R T/Ext 4 x 8
Arms. Not sure how well I would do today, but went in with the attitude that everything would be done as heavy as I could; no excuses...CG PU I cannot do with a supinated grip as there is no bar there for that (maybe I could do them on the smith machine? - i.e. set the BB on the highest rung and do them there?) So did them (still CG) with palms facing inwards (did on Monday as well like that). Managed ok, with a mix of partial (since targeting ARMS today) and full reps (when couldn't do 'partials' anymore)...Superset A: Flat CG BB BP was done at the weight I used last time I did them. Really struggled on the last rep of the last two sets, and it was done slowly both times (I honestly wasn't sure if I would make it, but did it slowly and pushed through). DB ZC had my wrists (more left) hurting sharply (not sure why; they were a little sore yesterday as well). Forearms were pumped as too, which didn't help much...Superset B: Because there is no equipment where I can do Dips with a DB between my feet (they have a machine that you sit down on, add weight to, and pretend you are doing 'bench dips', but I prefer the REAL deal) doing them on the knee-up stand between the pads. Today, though, b/w was enough (and I am an extra 4kg (i.e. 8.8lb) heavier than usual from the last few days of food). Inc. DB BC were ok. Struggling on the last rep of the last two sets though...Superset C: Started off at a lighter than usual weight (they didn't have the DB I normally would use for 8-10 reps, so went one down) and did 8 reps easy (stopped there though, since only wanted 8 reps per set). So went up to the next DB and did that. Struggled last 2 reps of the last set, but it was done. Alt. DB HC were done well...O/H C/R T/Ext were done well too...So, it was a session that pushed a few limits, especially since there were a few pains. Really just LOVING being back in the gym and being able to thrash myself almost to the point of collapse :D

0721 - Cycle:
a. 5 min @ 55% HRmax @ 104 rpm
b. 1 x 20 sec effort (rpm N/A)
c. 9 min @ 60% HRmax @ 110-112 rpm
d. 5 min @ 60-65% HRmax @ 116-118 rpm
Because the HIIT was not long this morning, I decided to do another quick session after my resistance session. I did this on a spin bike (i.e. not one of the stationary cycles). Set it up for myself, and away I went. HR wasn't rising very much initially. I decided after 5 min that I would do MORE HIIT. However, because I was spinning so fast (yes, faster than on my rollers), and because I was NOT in clipless pedals, and I have never spun on one of these bikes before, I was shocked when I tried to slow my legs down after the first effort and the pedals kept flying around. I took my feet out and waited for the pedals to slow down a little and started back again at the beginning of the sixth minute. The next 9 minutes I increased the cadence from the initial 5 minutes and then again for the last 5 minutes. Right hip was a little edgy during the last 5 minutes, but ok. Pleased with the session.

1000 - Stretch 20 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2315-0455 (waking at 0325 and 0423), so ~5.6 hours sleep. Didn't even hear the 0315 alarm; and was asleep almost as soon as I turned the 0325 alarm off. When I woke at 0423 that was about right at 5 hours sleep, and felt ok. But, because yesterday was so demanding physically, and because I am going to the gym for 0600 regardless, I decided to do my cardio there, and get up at 0500. Sleep was deep. No dreams...

Mental Alertness/Focus: There. Had my first 'assessment' this morning and passed with flying colours :)

Energy: Definitely there in the gym (LOVING training (and getting up EARLY) again)...Suddenly quite tired, and fell asleep from ~1245-1423...Just doing some work and then DVDs tonight...

Motivation: EXCELLENT (now transfer that to diet)!!!

Mood/Aggression: Good mood this morning. Some frustration this afternoon (and aggression rising slightly). VERY disappointed in my diet (you KNOW this, girl; WORK on it!!!)

Joints: Left wrist in quite a lot of pain in the gym. Also, right hip niggling briefly on the spin bike.

Strength: Maintaining (although, given yesterday, some allowance can be made).

Quality of Training: 9/10 overall. VERY pleased with it :)

Pump and Vascularity: Feeling the pump almost from the word go (since done HIIT IMMEDIATELY pre-resistance training). Feeling glutes and legs pump as well (not often felt)...Vascularity was strong in forearms (couldn't see anything else since was in a t-shirt)...

Body Composition and Look: Carrying noticeabley more BF around my 'tyre' from last week and the rising stress (never really noticed it before; but maybe because I am usually always training as well), and I feel rather UNcomfortable in my body at the moment...

Appetite: It's been a bad day re food today, but I'm going to let it go and just move on...Not very thirsty (interesting)...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Head feels good re training. Mind is positive re job. Body feels a little knacked (DOMS in legs from yesterday, especially; which is rare (in legs) for me to have) from the last few days, but it's all good for it.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 28

0617 - Full-Body (1 min recovery):
1. BB BS 3 x 20
2. BB RD (on step) 3 x 10
3. LLC 2 x 20
4. P/U (feet on bench, hands on s/b) 2 x 20
5. BB BOR 2 x 6 SUPERSETTED WITH 6. V-Bar CG SR 2 x 14
7. DB SP 2 x 20
8. Dips 2 x 15
9. Alt. DB ZC 2 x 20
10. Abs - 2 x [a. weighted crunch x 10, b. bicycle x 20, c. rope crunch x 15]
Decided to do the resistance session first (usually prefer cardio first and then stretching, but)...Started out with BB BS. The weight was fine (same as Monday), and decided to keep going for a third set. Increasing weight next time...BB RD fine. Hands very slippery by now, and really concentrating on keeping hold of the BB (as well as on form)...LLC. Hamstrings are not hurting as early on these anymore. Might see what else I can do next week...P/U were a real struggle today. Almost collapsed after the 19th rep on the first set. And had to pause a little after the 11th and 15th reps on the second set, and wobbled a bit on the last 2 reps; but managed. Shattered...BB BOR good. Finished 'Back' sets with CG SR (used the V-Bar for the first time ever today) to 'make up' the rest of the 20 reps for each 'set'...DB SP. Dropsetted both sets; forearms hammered. Ok, though, for having done what I have the last few days...Dips. Found that I was able to 'adapt' a piece of equipment to do them as I prefer. Arms screaming after them, and I did less reps, because I almost did NOT make the 15th rep both times...Alt. DB HC were good...Abs were interesting. I think I may need to do more weighted stuff again, and things like hanging leg raises...A good session. REALLY feeling my body from the last 3 days for sure...

0715 - Cycling:
a. 1 min @ 55% HRmax @ 100 rpm
b. 1 min @ 55-60% HRmax @ 108 rpm
c. 1 min @ 60% HRmax @ 112 rpm
d. 1 min @ 60-65% HRmax @ 118 rpm
e. 10 min @ 70% HRmax @ 122 rpm
f. 5 min @ 75% HRmax @ 132 rpm
g. 1 x 20 sec effort/40 sec easy (HR 85% HRmax, rpm N/A)
Again done on a spin bike. Feels weird, because I have to do them in my sneakers, instead of in clipless pedals (where my feet are 'locked' into the pedal)...Each minute I increased the cadence, until I reached 122 rpm. I increased the cadence in an attempt to increase HR, but it wasn't being very cooperative, so sat there at 122 rpm for 10 minutes (and also because it is actually quite demanding), before increasing it again. Did well for 5 minutes. At the start of the last minute I did a 20 sec effort as hard as I could, making sure not to 'stop' at the end, my feet staying on the pedals and easing to a finish...

0745 - Stretch 20 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2230-0423 (waking at 0315 and 0325), so nearly 6 hours sleep. Did not get up until 0455 though, since decided that may as well do cardio at the gym (yes, not often I do that at all). Needed the sleep. Dreaming.

Mental Alertness/Focus: There. Been looking at houses today (after training)...

Energy: Had it for training. Been pretty good for most of the day. Slowing down a bit now (but that could also be all the food I've eaten...)

Motivation: Er, yes...

Mood/Aggression: Aggression is definitely simmering beneath the surface...

Strength: Maintaining (although the session wasn't about strength).

Quality of Training: Excellent. This week has been BRILLIANT!!!

Pump and Vascularity: Pump all over in the gym...Vascularity was pretty good as well (better than yesterday)...

Body Composition and Look: Delts and arms looking ok (as well as calves)...Feeling VERY UNcomfortable (DIET, GRRRR). I just look 'average' right now (and that's not good enough at all!)

Appetite: Was good all morning. Found marzipan in a nut/seed shop in early evening (I love that stuff, and rarely find it), and had that. And then...Well...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Pleased with training. Hoping I can settle in very soon. Want ALL aspects of MY fitness management >100%!!!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 29

0910 - HIIT Rower:
a. 4 min @ Resistance 10 @ 2.10-2.11 min/500m
b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy @ Resistance 10
c. 2 min @ Resistance 10 @ 2.19-2.21 min/500m
d. 2 min @ Resistance 10 @ 2.13-2.15 min/500m
Decided on another rowing session for HIIT. Started out a little faster than on Wednesday. Feeling glutes a little before even starting the efforts. Efforts were a little slower (but not by much) than on Wednesday. All efforts were about the same as well, holding the pace well. Finished off a little faster than on Wednesday as well, but recovered better...

0925 - Back/Chest (1 min recovery between alternate sets/supersets):
Alternate Set A
1. CG PU 4 x 8, 6, 6, 6
2. Flat BB BP 4 x 8
Superset A
3. BB BOR 4 x 6
4. Inc. DB BP 4 x 8
Superset B
5. WG LPD 4 x 6
6. P/U (feet on bench, hands on s/b) 4 x 12
Superset C
7. V-Bar CG SR 2 x 10
8. Inc BB BP 2 x 10
The last of this week's resistance sessions...Alternate Set A: Did CG PU with palms facing inwards (will change next week to trying on the Smith Machine with the BB higher and a supinated CG). All reps were done slowly. Started out ok. Didn't do so badly, considering that I have done CG PU 3/5 (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) of this week's resistance sessions. Flat BB BP were done at same weight as last time (i.e. before my week off) and I found these ok. Stayed at the same weight for all the sets, and last 2 reps on last set were slower, but done...Superset A: BB BOR were fine; anterior delts and arms looking good, and veins popping out. Inc. DB BP were also fine. Using 20kg (i.e. 44lb) DB in each hand got me a few interesting looks from other gym users :D...Superset B: WG LPD were done at same weight as last time also. Hands were slipping (from sweat) on the 6th rep of each set, so left it at 6 reps a set. P/U were done well (also done these in 3/5 (Monday, Thursday, Friday) resistance sessions this week). Wobbling a little on last set...Superset C: V-Bar CG SR were fine; forearms were pumped as and screaming by the 8th rep of each set. Because cables were both being used (I was going to do Cable Crossovers), decided to do Inc. BB BP. Weight was ok (just managed to get 10 reps out), and it didn't feel as weird as the last time I did these...A good session. Pushing myself hard and ignoring the pain...

1011 - HIIT Cycling:
a. 4 min @ 65% HRmax @ 116 rpm
b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy (HR 85-90% HRmax, rpm N/A)
c. 4 x 2 min effort/1 min easy (HR 85% HRmax during efforts, dropped back to 75% HRmax between efforts; rpm N/A)
Done again after my resistance session, on the spin bike (used to this now). Started out at a good pace (albeit low HR). Decided to do more HIIT. HR got up well from the first effort (YAY). After the first set of shorter efforts, decided to do a second of longer efforts, and HR stayed fairly high for them as well. Legs were ok. Hips (and knees) were fine. Finished slick with sweat and with a happy, sadistic smile on my face...

1032 - Stretch 20 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2145-0746 (waking at 0315, 0325, 0601 and 0732), so ~10 hours sleep. Weird (I must have needed it); it was the earliest that I have been to bed in a while, and yet, I slept the LONGEST (I LIKE getting up at 0315; should be in bed by 2130 at latest, though). Deep sleep. DREAMING...

Mental Alertness/Focus: There.

Energy: Definitely, in the gym. Now that training is done, catching up on everything else.

Motivation: Strong (I NEED to get back into shape!)

Mood/Aggression: Good mood. Not much aggression yet (but there's so MUCH just simmering beneath the surface...)

Libido: Moderate.

Strength: Maintaining.

Quality of Training: Excellent. Doing it all at ONCE from start to finish is something 'new' to me...

Pump and Vascularity: Pump in the gym from the word go (but did HIIT Rower first, and then HIIT cycling afterwards)...Vascularity strong today...

Body Composition and Look: Anterior delts looked ok in the gym when I was lifting...Still looking FAR TOO soft; GRRRR...

Appetite: Just what I have had to so far...I WILL KICK and CONQUER the binging!!!

Overall Sense of Feeling: Pretty fatigued, actually, after I came down from my 'training high'...

ShiftyCapone

ShiftyCapone

Awards
  • Established
Very detailed and impressive log... Keep up the good work!

I see you only did the HIIT run once so far. Sounded like you got a lot out of it for your first time back at it. Are you dropping it again or just haven't had the opportunity?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very detailed and impressive log... Keep up the good work!

I see you only did the HIIT run once so far. Sounded like you got a lot out of it for your first time back at it. Are you dropping it again or just haven't had the opportunity?
Thanks...As for HIIT; as I said in an earlier post HIIT (like ALL cardio) can be done in ANY of the modes mentioned (i.e. run, cycle, box, rower, etc.) So, no, I am NOT dropping HIIT RUNS; I actually prefer to be doing them, but just depends on when I get up (as long as I can do 0315 waking, then I am fine; otherwise I improvise to make sure training gets done as I want it).

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 30

0900 - 5km Run:
Man was it hot out. Not just hot, but muggy as well (for that early). Sun was nice. Barely any breeze to cool one off...Anyways, yes, worked out my distances (not got km splits yet though)...So, set out at a steady pace. Actually quite a SLOW pace, really; but the body wasn't going to go any faster. I just felt heavy and slow in general. First half was done with an average of 4.93 min/km. I slowed down in the last half, to make for an overall average of 5.05 min/km. So, got to get that fitness level back up, girl!

0927 - Stretch 20 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2230-0800 (waking at 0315, 0325, and 0423), so ~9.5 hours sleep. Another long sleep (WTF?) Sleep was deep. Dreams were disturbing...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Just catching up on everything that I haven't had time for over the last week. Got to be on the ball a bit (actually am pretty mentally drained...)

Energy: Don't feel like I have screeds of energy today. Add to that the fact that it's stiflingly hot, and makes one not want to do anything but sit in an ice bath and drink ice water all day.

Motivation: Starting to rise again now. I've had one week of excellent training. Now it's just getting the rest of the puzzle pieces into the correct place (mostly diet, but that will happen; it's amazing how much easier it is to be 'good' when your budget is suddenly limited).

Mood/Aggression: Mood is not the best today; think I am just tired (after all that sleep I shouldn't be!). Hopefully there will be a smile sometime this afternoon/evening.

Stress: 7 on the 1 to 10 scale.

Quality of Training: It was ok; nothing special. More just going through the motions today...

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity is good (more the heat than anything, and being brown)...

Body Composition and Look: The last week did NOT make much dent in the 'backwards' that I went in the week before. However, there may have been some small amount of muscle gain (which would make it 'ok'); and another week, and I shall be well back on track...

Appetite: None, really. Just thirsty as.

Overall Sense of Feeling: I actually feel quite shattered today, and am relieved that I don't have to do any traveling all over the city. I am just going to TRY and relax and have some 'me' time...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 31

0733 - 5km Run:
Warm and muggy. Little overcast. Started out at a steady pace. Steady pace of SLOW (grrr). First 2.5km were done with an average of 5.09 min/km, slowing down considerably in the second half, bringing the total average back to 5.39 min/km (pathetic, girl; where's the SPEED?) So, NOT too happy about it. Only glad that I DID it.

0804 - Stretch 20 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~1945-2130, and ~2145-0623 (waking at 0545 and 0555), so just under 10.5 hours sleep. Was so shattered last night after hours of tears that I fell asleep before I was supposed to, and then got up, had 'pre-bed' pills, and back to sleep. Deep sleep. Dreaming very vividly.

Mental Alertness/Focus: Got a lot done today.

Energy: Not really.

Motivation: YES.

Mood/Aggression: Some aggression. Lots of stress. Some smiles.

Libido: There have been moments...

Quality of Training: Average.

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity ok...

Body Composition and Look: I got asked today if I was ex-army; interesting...Starting to get back to some sense of normality...Eyes were all puffy and swollen after yesterday (that and stress...)

Appetite: There were moments when I badly wanted to binge, yes; but I controlled myself and just ate what I needed to when I needed to.

Overall Sense of Feeling: Trying to sort out the last of the 'kinks' before I can 'settle in', and then I’ll be ok.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 32

0435 - HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 26 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy
c. 6 min jogging
Second HIIT Run (keep them coming!) A different course than last Monday; bit better perhaps. Started out ok. First 8 efforts were all right, and then I started feeling myself dropping the pace with each successive effort. However, every effort was an EFFORT. After 26 efforts I just eased back to a jog. Just surviving home...

0500 - Stretch 20 min.

0604 - Full-Body (1 min recovery):
1. BB BS 2 x 20
2. BB RD (on step) 2 x 10
3. LLC 2 x 20
4. CG SR 2 x 20
5. P/U (feet on bench, hands on s/b) 2 x 20
6. BB SP 2 x 20
7. Dips 2 x 20
8. DB ZC 2 x 20
9. Abs 3 x [a. weighted crunch x 20, b. rope crunch x 15, c. knee-up x 10]
10. Plank (on bench) 1 x 2 min
First session in the City Club (last week I trained out at the Ferrymead Club). I actually prefer the Ferrymead Club, but it’s twice as far out as the City Club, so thought that I would see what the City was like...Started out with BB BS. Upped the weight from last week, so doing 1.5 times my b/w now (I know, not a lot, but I am ok with lifting lighter on legs); managed fine. The squat rack in front of the mirror was being used, so I was in one at the back of the room (not the best position, IMO; you should have all the squat racks, etc. in front of the mirrors; but the gym floor itself is so small and very poorly set up)...Moved to BB RD next. Again it was just finding a SPACE to do them in (too cluttered with equipment). Did these at a good weight. Increased the weight for the second set...LLC. Set the weight HIGHER than what I have been doing these, because I want to push myself a bit more on this exercise. Surprised that I made it through the first set without needing to make it a dropset after 10 or 15 reps (gooood). Left the weight at that, but had to dropset it down to what I would normally start with after 10 reps...CG SR. Different handles today (i.e. not V-Bar and not separate hand grips). Done well though. Dropsetted both sets after 10 reps (started at peak weight used, and normally can only do this for 6 reps, so improvement there). Feeling forearms after them...P/U. Starting to get better at doing these with my hands on s/b, albeit struggling on the last couple of reps on the last set, and REALLY having to concentrate and focus and breathe and talk myself through them. Legs were shaking by the end of the second set...BB SP. Selected a lighter weight, since I was quite fatigued and wanted 20 reps per set. Biceps tendons were ok until halfway through the second set, and then they let me know that they were NOT pleased with what I was forcing them to do...Dips done at b/w. Arms pretty fatigued by now, and almost did NOT make out 20 reps on the second set...DB ZC were fine. Wrists not hurt today, and forearms handled them a little better than they have been...Abs. Need to focus more on contracting the muscles, girl and not just do the movement when you get tired like that...Finished off with a plank, making it harder by doing it on a bench...Somehow I felt as though I hadn't worked hard enough, even though I pushed myself. I miss having a 'training partner', even if it's just for the small things every now and then (like placing the heavier DB (that I CAN do the exercise (i.e. Inc. DB BP, DB SP, etc.) WITH, but NOT swing up by myself) into the 'start' position for that exercise). Make this session next week BETTER!

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2115-0315, so ~6 hours sleep. Good. Deep. Dreaming.

Mental Alertness/Focus: Had a lot to do today, so been focused.

Energy: Actually, not a lot. Was the energizer bunny at work, though, bouncing around and smiling...

Motivation: Excellent!

Mood/Aggression: STRESSED. Some frustration. Simmering aggression.

Libido: Rising and falling over the day...

Strength: Up.

Quality of Training: Pretty ok, given what the City Club is like.

Pump and Vascularity: Pump yes...Vascularity good, especially in forearms and biceps...

Body Composition and Look: Got to work on LEANING up ASAP!

Appetite: Ate what I had to...Very thirsty...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Shattered by the time I went to bed. And then my mind was in overdrive for a bit afterwards, making sleep a little difficult, but fine.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 33

0430 – 5km Run:
Shattered before I even started. Went out anyway (something is better than nothing). Colder this morning than it has been...Pace was steady and SLOW. First 2.5 km were done in an average of 5.58 min/km, and then I REALLY slowed down in the last half, right back to 5.61 min/km (WTF???) NOT too happy with the running performance of late at all!!!

0507 - Stretch 20 min.

0603 – Shoulders/Traps (1 min recovery between sets/supersets):
1. Barbell Front Squat (BB FS) 3 x 6 SUPERSETTED WITH 2. BB SP 3 x 12, 10, 8
3. BB SP 3 x 10
4. DB LR 4 x 12
5. Reverse Pec Dec 4 x 12
6. DB SP 2 x 12
7. DB Shrugs 3 x 10
Short session today...Decided to superset the first 3 sets of BB SP with some BB FS since doing BB Squats before a Shoulders (or Arms) session has helped add mass to Shoulders/Arms. Ok weight for BB FS; not going for strength, just to get the HR going and heavy enough to stimulate the hormones. BB SP were good. Started off at 40kg (i.e. 88lb) and then kept increasing the weight for the first 3 sets. Once I'd finished with BB FS, dropped back to 40kg and did 3 x 10, since shoulders were screaming. (Also, had to do them facing AWAY from a mirror at the 'back' of the gym (yes, NOT liking the City Club), which was frustrating as well; I like to be able to see what I am doing, even if just for motivation every now and then...DB LR were done slightly lighter than last week, but ok...Reverse Pec Dec was done heavier than last week, but having to dropset the last 2 sets after 6 reps. Feeling the burn by now...Did a couple of sets of lighter DB SP (a weight I CAN swing up into the 'start' position), which actually was ok, considering how fatigued I was by then (although, shouldn't be)...Finished off with some DB Shrugs. Not particularly heavy. And will be the last time I do them in a while, since I don't really need to work on my trapezius...Felt like I was pushing it most of the time with the weights. In my recovery periods though I felt ok. Weird...Training at the Ferrymead Club tomorrow...

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2215-0315, so ~5 hours sleep. Woke feeling quite groggy, and with eyes bloodshot and tired. No dreams. Deep sleep.

Mental Alertness/Focus: Been there. Not really wanted to be though...

Energy: Not had much energy at all. Doing what I have to because I have to...

Motivation: There.

Mood/Aggression: Just tired, really.

Stress: A 9 on the 1 to 10 scale!

Strength: Maintaining.

Quality of Training: On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the best), about a 5 or 6 (i.e. NOT too happy with it).

Pump and Vascularity: Pump yes...Vascularity was strong in forearms, but nowhere else today...

Body Composition and Look: Just stay focused and positive and know that when your diet is good (as it has started (and will KEEP) being) you get RESULTS when you want them!!!

Appetite: Because of the stress I am tempted to binge (but I won't; it will just be what I need to when I need to)...Thirsty as...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Not too happy at all. VERY stressed.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
i know the feeling with the gym cluttered with equipment. my gym has too much crap that no one uses and not enough of the stuff people do use!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i know the feeling with the gym cluttered with equipment. my gym has too much crap that no one uses and not enough of the stuff people do use!
Yes well the gym is more "health" orientated, as opposed to being for the SERIOUS lifter (the new gym opening in August (another location, so three branches) will be bigger and better and cater for the more advanced/serious lifter), with too many machines, not enough free weights, and not enough AREA to do free weights like deadlifts, etc. And the gym is almost always cluttered with people as well, which makes it frustrating too. But hey, you do what you can with what you have.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Hey babe. Haven't really dropped in on your logs in a while so figured I would just say hi here....lol. We'll talk more later tonight anyway. :)

Cheers!:cheers:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey babe. Haven't really dropped in on your logs in a while so figured I would just say hi here....lol. We'll talk more later tonight anyway. :)

Cheers!:cheers:
Ok. Yep, looking forward to some more 'calming down' time; I was so stressed and aggro and 'hyped' when I ranted away earlier :dot:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 34

0434 - HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 28 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy
c. 5 min jogging
A little colder today. Started out well, though. Sprints were better than on Wednesday; not fatiguing as early. Need to work on them though; get back up to the level that I was this time LAST year (my fitness has diminished considerably; maybe I have been OVERtraining?) Just getting FRUSTRATED with my lack of being able to train at the intensity I want to be (and have been doing); the Chronic Fatigue really knocked me back a lot (Grrr...)

0506 - Stretch 20 min.

0616 - Arms (1 min recovery between supersets):
Superset A
1. CG PU 4 x 12, 10, 7, 6
2. Flat CG BB BP 4 x 6
Superset B
3. Weighted Dips 4 x 8
4. DB ZC 4 x 12
Superset C
5. DB FP 4 x 8, 8, 8, 6
6. Inc. DB BP 4 x 8, 8, 8, 6
Superset D
7. O/H C/R T/Ext 2 x 16
8. Alt. DB HC 2 x 16
Superset A: Started out with CG PU. Put the BB on the highest 'rack' on the Smith Machine, and did them with supinated grip on that. Pumped 12 reps out easy the first set, a little less the second. By the third set was starting to struggle a little, but any LESS than 6 reps is UNacceptable, so battled it out. Flat CG BB BP were fine. Same weight as last week, but struggling on the last rep of the last set (done VERY slowly)...Superset B: Did Dips with a 15kg (i.e. 33lb) DB between my feet for each set. The 8th rep of the last two sets were a battle, and the last set was soooo slow I almost thought that I wasn't going to make it; but the fighter in me battled it out. DB ZC were ok. Biceps were pumped as during, and wrists were fine...Superset C: DB FP were done with a 20kg (i.e. 44lb) DB. The last rep of the third set was almost not completed (done with struggle), and could only do 6 reps on the last set. Weight for Inc. DB BC was the same as DB ZC, and struggling from the 6th rep on EACH set (and only did 6 reps last set to 'match' DB FP reps)...Superset D: O/H C/R T/Ext were don well. Rope was thinner than what I usually use, but it wasn't too much different. Was aiming for 2 x 20 reps, but could only get 16 out at the weight I set (peak) on the first set, so left it at that for both sets. Alt. DB HC reps were determined by those done on the O/H C/R T/Ext. Struggling on the last 2 reps of each set...A good session. I was feeling the burn definitely. Seeing the pump. Feeling like I was going to pass out between most sets. But warriors battle through...

0816 - The 7 Challenges:
This was done with 4 other people (i.e. 5 of us in total) as a 'group'.
1. Had to complete 100 x P/U and 100 x Burpees between the 5 of us, with only one person being able to do P/U or Burpees at once; so while they were doing that the rest of us were jogging back and forth over 20m, every now and then dropping and doing our 10 P/U (feet ground, hands ground) or 10 x burpees.
2. All of us in a circle with heads in the middle, all in the plank position. Each person had to run around the circle twice while all were in the plank position.
3. Tunnel Crawl. On hands and feet, arched, lined up shoulder to shoulder. The first person had to turn and crawl through the rest and 'join' onto the end of the 'line'. When they reached the other end the next crawled through. Did over 20m.
4. Squats position at mid-position (i.e. knees at 90 degree angle), holding for as long as possible. The last one standing was the 'winner'.
5. Sprinting around the room twice.
6. 10x10: a. P/U (feet on floor, hands on floor) x 10, b. Squat Jump x 10, c. Bicycle x 10, d. Tai Chi Squat x 10, e. P/U (feet on floor, hands on floor) x 10, f. Squat Jump x 10, g. P/U (feet on floor, hands on floor), h. Bicycle x 10, i. P/U (feet on floor, hands on floor) x 10, j. P/U (feet on floor, hands on floor) x 10. between each exercise/set of 10 reps we had to run 40m (i.e. 20m there and back).
7. 4 Minutes of Hell: 4 minutes of Squat Jumps. The last one still going (for a maximum period of 4 minutes) was the 'winner'.
The idea behind the '7 Challenges' was that once a year the best warriors in Greece gathered together to compete over 7 challenges. If they made it through the challenge they were whipped, so that they were 'injured' as they entered the next challenge (we couldn't be whipped, but we were given symbolic red pen 'slashes' after each challenge). The last one standing at the end of the 7 challenges was then given the opportunity to fight Zeus (so it goes)...Did this in a group of 5, of which I was the only female. The first exercise was done as a group and based on time to complete the 100 P/U and 100 Burpees. This was ok...Exercise 4 saw all the guys give up long before me, so I 'won' that challenge...Exercise 6 was interesting. We had to wait until everyone had finished the 10 reps of the exercise before we could start the 40m jog. This was interesting, and could be adapted for a training session...Exercise 7 was the killer. Everyone had to perform Squat Jumps for as long as they could, with the time limit being set at 4 minutes (so you only had to go until then - IF you made it). Only 2 of us made it to the 4 minutes. My quads were BURNING BADLY by the 2.5-minute mark, and seriously NOT fun ('hell' is almost right), but I was NOT going to STOP (goes to show that the female can better the males!) Walking REALLY weird after them, and collapsed a few times and had to catch my breath...Got on a spin bike and spun easy for 5 minutes, just to help my legs recover from the 4 Minutes of Hell...So, an awesome 30 minutes, but WOW...

1133:
1. Shuttle sprinting between cones forwards and backwards, dropping to stomach at each cone. 3 sets.
2. P/U (feet on floor; one hand on m/b, other hand on floor) 1 x 10 reps.
3. CG SR 3 x 10
4. Abs A [a. side-to-side m/b twist (on ground) 1 x 20, b. plank 1 x 1 min]
5. Abs B 2 x [a. side-to-side m/b twist (on ground)1 x 20, b. side plank 1 x 1 min)]
The shuttle sprinting consisted of 5 cones, separated evenly apart. I started on my stomach by the middle cone, had to jump up and run to the second cone, drop down, and then up again and run backwards to the last cone, drop down, and then jump up and run to the furtherest cone at the other end, drop down, and then get up and run backwards and drop down by the middle cone. I did that twice, and then rested for a minute, and repeated. Completed 3 sets...P/U were done with one hand on the ground and one on a m/b. I had to do a P/U and then move hands, so the one on the ground moved to being on the m/b, and the one that was on the m/b to the ground (i.e. side-to-side P/U). I was really started to feel my right biceps tendon sharp and burning on the second set, and it was a real battle to get done. I was NOT going to stop and give in, though...CG SR were done at peak weight, with 60 sec recovery between sets...Finished off with some Abs exercises. Starting to falter and really feeling the planks...Covered in sweat and grunting by the end...

1433:
Circuit A:
1. Walking Lunges (BB above head) 1 x 10
2. P/U (feet on ground, hands on ground) 1 x 10
3. Sumo Squat bringing hands up to BB Upright Row (BB UR) 1 x 10
4. Tuck-Ups 1 x 10
5. BB SP 1 x 10
6. Jumping Jacks 1 x 10
7. Stretch 2 min
Circuit B:
1. Walking Lunges (BB above head) 1 x 30
2. P/U (feet on ground, hands on ground) 1 x 30
3. Sumo Squat coming up to Barbell Upright Row (BB UR) 1 x 30
4. Tuck-Ups 1 x 30
5. BB SP 1 x 30
6. Jumping Jacks 1 x 30
The LAST session of the day. The man who took me through the 1503 session on Day 26 took me for this session...Circuit A was done as a 'warm-up' to familiarize me with the exercises. Walking Lunges with a BB above my head is something new to me. Done slowly, so I could focus on technique. FEELING it in my legs. Sumo Squat coming up to BB UR also a new exercise for me. BB SP was done standing, so a little new, and concentrating on keeping my core tight...Circuit B was just doing 30 reps of each exercise, for a time. Walking Lunges tested me. P/U saw me pausing at the top of the 15th, 20th, and 25th rep, and barely making out the last 5 reps; my right biceps tendon was in such PAIN. Sump Squat/BB UR were done superslow, as I was fatiguing badly by the 10th rep. Tuck-Ups were slow, and 30 reps seemed to last FOREVER; feeling my abs BURN. BB SP were the 'easiest' exercise to get 30 reps out on, but that's not to say I wasn't feeling faint and really having to concentrate from the 10th rep. Jumping Jacks were fine, but the pace dropping even more during them. I took so long to do Circuit B once that I did not do another 2 sets (of 20 reps and 10 reps per exercise), which I am relieved of, to be honest; my body was seriously fcuked before I did the 30 reps of Circuit B, and I would have been collapsed or something if I'd done any more.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2215-0315, so ~5 hours sleep. Went to bed completely SHATTERED last night, and woke completely shattered as well. Eyes look so tired and all bloodshot (people must wonder what I am 'on'). Will be interesting to see what the next few days are like...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Been there ALL day. HAD to be.

Energy: By the end of the last 'training' session I was starting to slow down considerably and quite shattered. Just wanted to sleep from ~1500...

Motivation: STRONG (else I wouldn't push myself as hard as I do).

Mood/Aggression: Pretty good mood for the most part (yes, even with the training as much as that). Some aggression ~1600 just from everything coming to a head and getting frustrated with the situation. Started getting ok when got home (and talked to YOU). Now just really DISAPPOINTED in myself for the binge I did after work (but I've just had 4 days of lower calorie, good eating, and a higher calorie/CHO day will be 'good' for my body...)

Stress: VERY HIGH!!!

Libido: None. But the stress is building up. And when the stress (and aggression) builds up, so does...

Joints: Right biceps tendon in PAIN (even now, and when NOT exercising). And feeling my lower back a little towards the end of the 1433 session (and still a little...)

Endurance: Fcuking fantastic!

Strength: Maintaining on resistance session.

Quality of Training: WOW. My ACTUAL training was excellent. And the rest was ok as well.

Pump and Vascularity: I have been pumped pretty much ALL day (that's what happens when you train every 2 hours)...Vascularity has been strong all day as well; brachial veins popping out and knots in forearms...

Body Composition and Look: Upper abdominals looked 'leaner' today (well, the bloating has gone down, so BF getting back to pre-moving levels). Upper body looking lean, and liking the way my delts and arms have been defined as all day. But got to get LEANER. I WANT leaner (DIET; repeat the last 5 days as you have and you'll be FINE).

Appetite: Not really had any. And was just going to keep being good. However, given the way I have been the last 4 days, and with the excessive training of today, I justified a LOT more calories (ok, BINGE) today (and the once I had one, after work it just kept ON)...Drinking needs to be better...

Overall Sense of Feeling: My body will handle anything that is thrown at it and I will NEVER back down from a challenge. I think that this week I am going to see just how FAR I can push my body (I should have done it on lower calories, and that would have been interesting). Tomorrow is going to be a Fitness Test first thing for work, so contemplating whether or not to use that as my 'cardio' tomorrow and do my Full-Body resistance session AFTER work (where I have another 2 'training sessions' on top of the Fitness Test). The Fitness Test WON'T be accurate as it is, since I won't be FRESH, but I'll still try my hardest (to beat the guys!)...WHEW! Imagine doing as much (and as INTENSE) training as I did today EVERY day (or even 4-5 days a week)...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 35

0805 - Fitness Test:
1. 2.4km Run
2. Sit and Reach x 2
3. T-Test
4. P/U (feet on ground, hands on ground)
5. Standing Long Jump x 3
6. BB DL 1 x 35
7. Hover
This is the test that all Les Mills Trainers have to do. This was just a 'mock', which is why the order of the exercises is not as it SHOULD be...Run was done right away; no warm-up. Averaged 3.92 min/km, which is a whole lot better than what I have been able to do. However I was pushing myself to the limit and gasping for air, almost collapsing afterwards...Sit and Reach was easy; I am very flexible and reached the top level on the first attempt (you get 3 attempts for your best distance), but did another just to see what I could do...T-Test was different, but did ok (you have 4 attempts to get your best time, but we only did it once)...P/U saw me falter, especially after the last 3 days (and the condition of my right biceps tendon). Still ok though; I KNOW that I can easily achieve the top level when I am fresher...Standing Long Jump would be my weakest area, even when fresh (so I would have to train for it). Did average...BB DL are done at a set weight (for both males and females); is 40kg (i.e. 88lb) for females. Reached the top level easily, and could have KEPT going...Last was the Hover (i.e. like the plank, except that your hands can't touch). Easy...Not bad, considering. I got the highest score out of the rest of the Trainers there (competitiveness coming out definitely). Can do BETTER with more specific training...

1133:
1. 5 min on Sin Bike easy
2. CG LPD 3 x 6
3. Standing Straight-Arm LPD (SSA LPD) 2 x 8
4. s/b Back Extensions (s/b BE) 1 x 10
5. s/b Superman 2 x 10
So shattered that started off easy on the spin bike just ticking legs over...Moved to CG LPD. Done with a V-Bar (something different) at peak weight. Feeling it, but determined to go hard (since I had decided by now to make today a Day OFF; my body needs it after the last 4 days)...SSA LPD is something that I have never done before, and I was feeling it in my TRICEPS instead of my back...s/b BE hurt my lower back a little...s/b Superman were fine...Not the best of sessions, but ok...

1433:
1. s/b Wrestle
2. s/b Stands (jumping from the ground)
Didn't last long...:wtf1:

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2245-0615 (waking at 0315, 0325, and 0423), so ~7.5 hours sleep. I WAS going to get up at 0315, but after yesterday, and having a Fitness Test first thing for work and 2 more training sessions, then I decided to keep sleeping (I should have got UP and just done the 5km run and resistance session!) Sleep was deep and full of dreams...

Mental Alertness/Focus: There. But seriously waning after ~1200...

Energy: Not had a lot.

Motivation: I am KICKING myself for NOT being >100% with my diet (and training) from October to now...

Mood/Aggression: Ok this morning; just tired...After work was a little frustrated...And now I am VERY, VERY, VERY FCUKED OFF!!! (because I am in SOOOOO much pain and cannot exercise until I don't know when).

Stress: Gone well over 10 on the 1 to 10 scale!!!

Joints: Right biceps tendon was tender and screaming today. Lower back was ok...And then I fractured my scaphoid...

Pump and Vascularity: Pumped after the Fitness Test...Vascularity good...

Body Composition and Look: Ok. As I said, wishing now that I had been more disciplined with my diet for the last few months, because I'd be where I want by now (but no use regretting; just move FORWARD and do your best NOW).

Appetite: Another binge today (NOT good)...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Towards the end of the last training session (~1455) I was attempting to jump onto a s/b and stand there, but I lost balance and fell backwards. Instinctively I stretched out my hand and rolled, landing on my left wrist/hand and back/side. Instantly I felt a sharp, shooting pain in my left wrist. However I shrugged it off, got up, and kept on with my attempts. ~15 minutes later my wrist was so sore that I went out to the car, got some strapping tape and strapped it up to limit its range of motion (since it was AGONY to move it). An hour later I could barely move it and the pain was a constant throb. I couldn't even flip the lid of my cellphone withOUT INCREDIBLE PAIN. By 1630 I could NOT move the left wrist at all and the pain was a 10 on the Pain Scale of 1 to 10 (1 being no pain, and 10 being the most excruciating pain ever). The thumb/hand/wrist had started to swell, and I was in tears (I KNOW; this is 'killing' me, when 4 minutes of squat jumps yesterday burned, but was not enough (it is rare for physical pain to do) to elicit tears). I was just going to leave it, but went to the doctor just in case it was something serious. Turns out that I have fractured my left scaphoid. This means that I canNOT exercise (even my left arm prone (AND on painkillers) has pain of 9-10 on the Pain Scale), because I can't lift ANYthing, let alone a DB, BB, or even a b/w exercise like dips, pull-ups or P/U. So, I am NOT a happy chappy at all...:rant::rippedhand::rant:

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a painful day in the gym. Hopefully it will heal quickly and you can train the way you want to. I've fractured my wrist before and it sucks.

Hope you are feeling better at least pain wise soon!

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Hope it heals quickly! You'll be bouncing back soon enough stronger than ever :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like a painful day in the gym. Hopefully it will heal quickly and you can train the way you want to. I've fractured my wrist before and it sucks.

Hope you are feeling better at least pain wise soon!
Hope it heals quickly! You'll be bouncing back soon enough stronger than ever :)
Thanks Christine, Dave,

Cast for 9-12 weeks and then rehab for a further 6-8 weeks. That is NOT healing quickly; means I can't train seriously for almost 4-5 months (VERY ANGRY AND STRESSED!) The pain is no less even on painkillers. GRRRRR, FCUK! (I know, ranting)...But, like I said, it would take me collapsing or my body falling apart to make me slow down. And now I have to. And rethink everything.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well take care of it. I had a horse step on my foot and pivot off it while I was pregnant. She shifted the bones and broke 3 of them across my foot. Due to the baby getting the calcium it never healed right. It still can cause me problems.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
Well take care of it. I had a horse step on my foot and pivot off it while I was pregnant. She shifted the bones and broke 3 of them across my foot. Due to the baby getting the calcium it never healed right. It still can cause me problems.
OMG!:scared:..poor thing..that must of really hurt!..dammm!

Status
Not open for further replies.