The Female Terminator Chronicles

Page 8 of 26 First ... 367891013 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    Surprisingly enough, my left bicep is only 1cm (unflexed AND flexed) than my right, and my forearms are the same; so not a lot of difference. The muscle I lost was from the general area of [both] deltoids and arms.
    did u workout today or total slack, cuz i slacked ha

2. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Day 102

PRE-Statistics

All of the listed statistics are as of today (taken this morning), and will be compared to POST statistics at the end of my 30 days of the Activate Xtreme/IGF-2/Drive stack.

Body Statistics
    Body Mass: 50kg (i.e. 110lb) - I was 51kg pre-injury.
    Body Composition: 11.3% BF - I was 10% BF pre-injury; this means that from my injury to now I have lost 1.55kg (i.e. 3.41lb) of LBM and gained 0.55kg (i.e. 1.21lb) of BF.

Fitness Statistics
    Resting Heart Rate: 40 contractions per minute (cpm).

Blood Statistics
    Results will be posted when I get them. Looking more at hormone levels though, to see what Activate Xtreme/IGF-2/Drive does to my Total Testosterone, Free Testosterone, and SHBG levels.

0440 - HIIT Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    b. 24 x 20 sec efforts/10 sec easy
    c. 4 min jogging
    Started out well. I felt strong and fast and like I had wings. Efforts were well done, from start to finish (although I was tasting blood in my throat from the second effort). I was 30 seconds faster than I was last Friday (and on Friday I was 30 seconds faster than I had been on Wednesday) to my turn-point; so I was pretty pleased. Bring on the early morning runs again!

0504 - Stretch 32 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2200-0315, so ~5.25 hours sleep (perfect). Sleep was deep. Full of dreams. I was alert and awake from the moment I got out of bed.

Mental Alertness/Focus: Been there...

Energy: Absolutely this morning; getting up early (0315 early) and exercise are like an energy-drug to me. I am a little spent now, though...

Motivation: I have my eye on the prize!

Mood/Aggression: Calm on the outside. Bouncing around like a kid at Christmas on the inside.

Stress: About a 7 on the 1 to 10 'stress scale'.

Libido: OH MY!

Joints: Just one small twinge in my wrist during my run (I 'flicked' it); aside from that, nothing.

Endurance: Good.

Strength: N/A.

Quality of Training: Excellent; that was the BEST HIIT Run to date.

Pump and Vascularity: Pump in legs after the HIIT Run...Vascularity normal...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Glutes and legs. Delts and arms.

Body Composition and Look: A brief look in the mirror: Relaxed I can see my top 2 abs; flexed I can see the top 4; and always that groove down the middle of my torso. Anterior delts are a little more defined, and legs as usual. All going to get better over the next few months though...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Gooooood!
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Answers

sounds like a good workout, top 2 abs with no flexing very nice

ahh i really gotta bump up my HIIT work i wanna see abs
    •   

4. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Day 103

1515 - Legs/Abs (1 min recovery between sets/supersets):
    1. PBJ 2 x 100 - Since I wasn't still warm from having finished cardio ~60 minutes prior (as I usually am) I started out with some rapid PBJ. Got the heart going. Legs felt a little wobbly after so many reps (not used to that many at once), but was ok.
    Superset A -
    2. BB BS 4 x 10 @ 128% b/w - Still a light weight, but heavy enough for now (I actually probably won't go much heavier, since I don't need to). These were fine.
    3. Jump Squats 4 x 20 @ b/w - Plyometrics thrown in to keep my HR up. Supersets as well. These were fine. All the way to the ground on each one. The last few reps on the last set were a bit slower, with laboured breathing.
    Superset B -
    4. BB Lunges (forward onto box) 4 x 20 @ 92% b/w - A little heavier than last week. Managed fine; better, actually. Feeling hamstrings and glutes a little in the last set.
    5. Split Squat Jumps 4 x 10 @ b/w - Feeling like my legs were going to collapse under me by the time I was finished each set of these. Heart still pounding and sweating from the effort.
    6. BB RD (on box) 4 x 10 @ 92% b/w - Again, heavier than last week. Grip was fine until the last set, when I did the last couple of reps slower (not sure why), trying to clench my hands to the BB as hard as possible. Feeling the stretch in my right hamstring on the last set also.
    7. Box Jumps (double feet, side-to-side) 2 x 10 - Don't know why I did these. Added them in just because (I was going to do Bench Jumps, where I jump over 4-5 benches in a row, but decided against it). Slow. Just served to make my legs feel even more exhausted.
    8. Abs 3 x [a. s/b crunch (feet on BB, knees at 90 degree flexion) x 20, b. s/d db-leg lifts x 15, c. reverse curl x 10] - Feeling the burn.

1645 - Stretch 20 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2215-0718 (waking at 0420), so ~9 hours sleep. Felt absolutely shattered on waking, and for some reason my glutes hurt. Because I had an early appointment there wasn't time to do my morning cardio, and I considered having a day off (however, ended up doing cardio/resistance in the one session). Sleep was some weird dreams.

Mental Alertness/Focus: Been there...

Energy: Haven't really had any much today. I felt like falling asleep even a few hours after getting up, and from 1300 to 1445 I felt like going back to be (but didn't). In the gym I was fine, though (must have been the RPM)...

Motivation: It wasn't a complete day off; Legs got done (and it was kind of like a cardio/resistance session).

Mood/Aggression: There's a small cloud on the horizon.

Libido: YES!

Joints: Ever since I saw the doctor at the Stress Fracture Clinic today, my left wrist has been in dull, aching pain.

Endurance: Excellent.

Strength: Legs' day is NOT about strength.

Quality of Training: Great. I had my heart pounding from the word go, and kept it elevated throughout, keeping the intensity up by supersets and plyomtrics and pushing the pace. There were so many times when I thought I would fall over.

Pump and Vascularity: Pump hell yeah...Vascularity average...

Body Composition and Look: Same as yesterday...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Ok, so today I had a visit from a couple of people from the MedLab here re my visit for PRE-bloods. Apparently I can't get my bloods done the way I have been for the last 6 years, unless I want to pay $300 per time. Um. So, sorry to disappoint, but bloods won't be being done; I was actually really interested in seeing what Activate Xtreme/IGF-2/Drive did in changing my hormonal levels.

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Answers

What did the Dr's at the stress fracture clinic say? Is it still healing well? I woke up today exhausted with no desire to train so I feel your pain on the sleep thing.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    What did the Dr's at the stress fracture clinic say? Is it still healing well? I woke up today exhausted with no desire to train so I feel your pain on the sleep thing.
    i been waking up that way everyday lol
  7. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

They said that the pain was normal, and would subside a little, but never ever really go away. Asked if I wanted a physiotherapist, but I'm doing my rehabilitation programme (albeit a little more aggressively than I should). Aside from that, not a lot else.

Not sure WHY I was so exhausted; I only did my HIIT Run the day before. But the no desire to train has been an issue lately, especially when I have all the motivation in the world and SHOULD be!

Quote Originally Posted by nycste View Post
    i been waking up that way everyday lol
    Maybe you need something to help get you OUT of bed

8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Answers

Libido: OH MY!
    i laughed out loud and choked on my pasta when reading that!
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
  9. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    i laughed out loud and choked on my pasta when reading that!
    Yeah well it's been pretty HIGH lately, to put it MILDLY...Why the UNhappy face?

10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah well it's been pretty HIGH lately, to put it MILDLY...Why the UNhappy face?
    because i choked on my pasta and it's not a nice feeling lol
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
  11. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

did u workout today or total slack, cuz i slacked ha
    Not quite sure how I missed this, but yes I trained that day (post was below yours).

because i choked on my pasta and it's not a nice feeling lol
    I see

12. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Day 103

0433 - HIIT Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    b. 24 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy
    c. 1 x 90 sec effort
    d. 4 min jogging
    Started out ok. As I got a little further into my run I could smell fish and chips on the air (because I run past the hospital, and the chefs could be preparing such for the cafeteria?) Side/headwind out. First few efforts were the best. Slowed considerably though, in the last 8 sprints. Was feeling as if I couldn't breathe, like I didn't have enough oxygen in me, and had to keep gasping air (and drinking water, when I got home). Added in a longer sprint, just to make sure my body knew who was the boss. Right knee started aching a little during the 'cool-down', slowing me a little more. However, overall, an ok run.

0514 - Stretch 21 min.

0600 - Shoulders (1 min recovery between sets):
    1. BB Clean and Press 4 x 10 @ 46% b/w - Decided that I am going to add this in on Shoulders' day. The first set was really me just making sure my technique was right. Just used the BB (which was 50.6lb), and that was enough for me. The first two sets were fine, and my heart was racing after only the first. The third set saw the last 4 reps a little slower, as it became more of an effort; and the last 3 reps on the last set were done slowly. Loved the way this exercise made me feel though. And seeing good definition in anterior delts in the mirror.
    2. BB Military Press 1 x 6 @ 46% b/w- Instead of doing a BB SP seated, decided on this. Stayed at 50.6lb. Awkward it was, so decided to finish the rest of these sets as BB Push Press.
    3. BB Push Press 3 x 6 @ 46% b/w - Same weight as the above. This was a little better for me, especially with the bent knees and 'push'. My legs were shaking at the end of every set, and I had to steady myself on a bench. The last 2 reps on the last set were a battle.
    4. DB SP 2 x 15 - Selected 38.5lb DBs, but after 3 reps my arms were giving out (due to exercises 1-3), so went down to 22lb DB, and got out what I could before I almost dropped them. The second set was matching reps for what I'd done in total on the first set. Not great, but acceptable.
    5. DB LR 4 x 12 - Weaker also on these after exercises 1-3. Dropsetted the first and third sets. Seeing great deltoid definition during.
    6. Bent Over DB RR 4 x 12 - Same weight as last week for these. They were ok, but not great. Changing exercise for rear delts (maybe cables) next week.
    7. BB Clean and Press 2 x 10 @ 46% b/w - Since I loved these so much, finished off the session with another couple of sets, struggling from the 5th rep of each set; but getting them done (I also feel that my form was the best in these last two sets than at the start; although I focussed on it in every set).

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2200-0315, so ~5.25 hours sleep. Sleep was deep. Woke fresh and perky. Dreaming...

Mental Alertness/Focus: There this morning...

Energy: After yesterday, didn't really have a lot of energy (although I didn't do anything that much). Was good during training this morning. After my HIIT Run I felt as though I couldn't breathe, like I needed to be drinking lots of water, to get some oxygen into my system (not sure what's up with that), which made me feel a little fatigued. Passed out ~1330, until 1623 this afternoon, adding nearly 3 hours sleep to my day. Feeling absolutely shattered (and vastus medialis has serious DOMS and PAIN)...

Motivation: Yup.

Mood/Aggression: A little disappointment in self...Otherwise, pretty happy.

Libido: Definitely! ESPECIALLY after the gym (not sure why it's higher then, but is is, particularly if I've had a good session).

Joints: Left wrist has been in pain since the gym (although it was mostly ok DURING resistance training).

Strength: BB Clean and Press, BB Military Press, and BB Push Press are all exercises that I haven't done much of before (but will be adding in), so today wasn't really about strength, but making sure I had the technique right; and the weight I used was about perfect for what I did. I was a bit weaker on everything else afterwards, but that's ok.

Quality of Training: Brilliant. When you feel your heart pounding like a train's chasing you, and your legs feel like they're going to collapse at any minute if you don't grab a hold of something, then that's a good session!

Pump and Vascularity: Pump almost from the start...Vascularity strong, especially through biceps and forearms...

Body Composition and Look: Ok. It WILL get better, though...Delts and arms looking better every day in the gym. Chest is also leaner than it was (one of the most noticeable changes in the gym), and breasts are less full again...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Aside from the serious DOMS in my vastus medialis (which doesn't tempt me to want to move much), and feeling so very thirsty (had had 4.5 litres of water by 1200), I am good...The countdown until I enter the US summer has started...

13. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

You've got some nice compound movements in there, girl! What I like to see!
  14. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by babywifey View Post
    You've got some nice compound movements in there, girl! What I like to see!
    Yep, making sure that most of what I do is compound, multijoint now. Especially since I want back that muscle mass I lost (and to gain back strength to a decent level as well).

15. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Day 105

1033 - Rollers:
    60 min in 39x16 @ 65-70% HRmax @ 108 rpm
    Not really in the mood for training at all. Got on and just let legs select a pace. Vastus medialis actually hurt a little, and medial right knee was aching some. Drinking lots of water and sweating profusely.

1137 - Stretch 20 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2330-0846 (waking at 0420 and 0746), so ~9.25 hours sleep. However, I kind of felt like I was semi-conscious since waking at 0746, drifting in and out of awake and sleep. Sleep was deep. Dreams were, um, interesting. Woke up aching all over, from legs to glutes to shoulders..

Mental Alertness/Focus: There...

Energy: My whole body has felt like one big bruise since I woke up. I had enough trouble getting up this morning as it was. Training was not really an effort, since I used it as a recovery session; but motivation to do it WAS. Not really had a lot of energy all day...

Motivation: There.

Mood/Aggression: Still got most of a smile on my face...

Stress: An 8 on the 1 to 10 'stress scale'.

Libido: Up.

Joints: Left wrist only twinged a couple of times...Right medial knee was an issue (that I IGNORED) when cycling...

Strength: N/A

Quality of Training: It was a nice, easy recovery session.

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity normal...

Body Composition and Look: Looking a little slimmer...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Soooo tempted to make today my Day Off. Didn't (and glad I didn't). Feeling better pm than am...I can definitely tell when I'm using a product with Icariin in, and now I'm using THREE...

16. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Day 106

0431 - HIIT Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    b. 24 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy
    c. 4 min jogging
    Raining. Windy. Whatever the weather from now on, though...Started out well. Efforts were fine; with the last few a bit of a battle. Aside from that, good...Finding it hard to breathe when I got home...

0500 - Stretch 30 min.

0559 - Back (1 min recovery between sets, except CG PU - 3 min):
    1. CG PU 4 x 6 @ 106% b/w - The first set was ok. Struggling on each successive set, with the last rep of each set 'cheated'. My legs were shaking so badly after each set.
    2. BB DL 4 x 8 @ 91.2% b/w - Same weight as last time I did these. However, managed 2 more reps per set. Grip was giving on the last 2 reps of the last 2 sets, and I did these a little more rapidly than the other reps. Left wrist was aching deeply after each set, from the effort of gripping the BB. Was feeling heady after each set, and had to lean against a machine to keep my balance.
    3. BB BOR 4 x 8 @ 66% b/w - Lighter than last week (but also did more reps). My strength has decreased on this from pre-injury, and I'm working on getting it back to where it was. Palms were very sweaty by this stage and kept sliding in on the BB towards the end of each set, something that frustrated me. Anterior delts and arms looked good during sets. On the second rep of the second and third sets I felt the ligaments in my left shoulder click over each other with a loud click/pop; felt weird, but was not painful. Seeing stars after my sets, and sat down on a bench to catch my bearings.
    4. BB T-Row 4 x 6 @ 190.96% b/w - Since there is no T-Bar Row device in this gym, improvised with the BB. The weight put on was experimental, based on what I had added to the T-Bar Row earlier in January. My quads were screaming during this, from the position my legs were in. 6 reps was a definite effort each set, but well done.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2045-0315, so ~6.5 hours sleep. The earlier bed (1930-2030) definitely works best for me (so long as I am asleep by 2215). Sleep was deep. No aches on waking. Don't remember any dreams...

Mental Alertness/Focus: A bit all over today. Since the gym I have felt like falling over and have been seeing stars and getting quite woozy whenever I get up from a sitting position. Not had to think much today...

Energy: Had it for training (despite the way I was feeling in the gym). Quite exhausted after the gym, though. Passed out ~1400 until 1522, adding another 1.3 hours sleep to today's total...

Motivation: I have set up a few photo shoots before I leave New Zealand (NZ), some for my time in the US, and more for when I return to NZ; so from now on I HAVE to be IN shape, NO excuses, and just keep getting BETTER for each successive one!

Mood/Aggression: Aggression. Disappointment. Apprehension. That which would usually calm me brings no pleasure...

Libido: Bit up and down.

Joints: Left wrist in pain AFTER my sets in the gym...

Strength: Some exercises up since last week; some exercises down on last week; other exercises N/A.

Quality of Training: HIIT Run was an effort. So was the gym. However, I was pushing myself so hard that I felt like I was going to collapse after almost every set, and WANTED to KEEP going.

Pump and Vascularity: Not much of a pump...Vascularity thick lines on the top of my skin...

Body Composition and Look: Even though I am nowhere near where I want to be, from what I've seen I'm still in as good condition as a competitive in-season US bikini or fitness model...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Some highs. Some lows...Not sure why I have been feeling so shattered lately (maybe the earlier mornings again, until I get used to them? Or training hard?) And not pleased with the disorientation I am experiencing in the gym (glad no painkillers pre-gym)...The last few days has also seen me struggling to breathe. As I mentioned in a previous post, it is if I am lacking oxygen, and am constantly gasping or drinking in an attempt to relieve the tight feeling in my chest...

17. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Answers

The states? Are you coming over?!!
  18. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

The states? Are you coming over?!!
    Yes. 19 July to 11 October

19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Answers

Yes. 19 July to 11 October
    how you getting there? cycling?
  20. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

how you getting there? cycling?
    Er, no, LOL. It's actually quite a dated piece of human ingenuity called a plane

21. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Answers

July is not that far away! Hope everything is good for you by then. No pain in the wrist and feeling great about what you see in the mirror!

It should be fun for you to get a vacation and some relaxation.
  22. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

July is not that far away! Hope everything is good for you by then. No pain in the wrist and feeling great about what you see in the mirror!

It should be fun for you to get a vacation and some relaxation.
    Yes, only 12 short weeks until then. I plan on doing some travelling when I can. And the Olympia is on while I am over.

23. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Day 107

0851 - Chest/Abs (1 min recovery between sets):
    1. P/U (on fists) 10 x 10 - Did these with palms facing me. The first 5 sets were ok. On the sixth and seventh sets, the last 2 reps were slow. On the eighth, the last 3 reps were painstakingly slow. On the ninth the last 2 were a battle. On the tenth I barely managed the last 2 reps. Shaking after the last set. Heart going for sure.
    2. Abs 3 x [a. s/b crunch (feet on wall, knees at 90 degree flexion) x 15, b. s/b db-leg raise x 15, c. reverse curl x 15, d. bicycle x 20] - Feeling my abs most definitely.
    3. P/U (on fists) 5 x 10 - Because I wanted 150 reps today, did some more P/U. First set were fine. Second set a little slower, but still fine. Third set saw my head pounding afterwards and seeing stars a little. Fourth set was a mission of will, with the last 5 reps where I thought each rep was where I'd collapse. The last set saw me collapse after 7 reps; however, took a breath and went again, to get out 2 more reps before collapsing; took another breath, and slowly got out one more rep; collapsing on my face afterwards. I hit my target.
    4. Abs 1 x [a. plank x 1 min, b. side (right) plank x 1 min, c. side (left) plank x 1 min, d. plank x 1 min] - Sweaty palms during these. Looked like I had lots of little droplets inside my veins in my forearms, with the knots.

0932 - Rollers:
    a. 5 min in 39x16 @ 70-75% HRmax @ 110 rpm
    b. 10 min in 39x16 @ 70-75% HRmax @ 112 rpm
    b. 5 min in 39x16 @ 70-75% HRmax @ 114 rpm
    Started out easy. HR rose ok, but wouldn't go much higher. Increased cadence after 5 minutes, and kept it there. Quite comfortable on the legs; how it was meant to be. Increased cadence a little more again after a while; but HR did not rise much more. Legs were smooth in ticking over.

0953 - Stretch 24 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2130-0720 (waking at 0315, 0325, and 0550), so ~10 hours sleep. I am noticing that after my resistance training days I am sleeping longer that night, and am more shattered the next day. Sleep was deep. Dreams throughout...

Energy: Once training was done, I was pretty shot. Passed out from ~1450-1700, adding just over 2 hours to my total sleep. I actually wanted to pass right out again at 1700, but am forcing myself to stay awake and up, so that I can go to sleep tonight at a reasonable hour and get up early tomorrow...

Motivation: 100%!

Mood/Aggression: Flat...

Libido: NONE.

Joints: Pain in left wrist after training this morning. I should be doing some proprioception exercises for it, but with the limited ROM, cannot start yet...

Strength: Up a little. Still got a long way to go, though.

Quality of Training: Good. I pretty much went to failure with my P/U. And the rollers made a nice 'recovery' session afterward.

Pump and Vascularity: Small pump during P/U...Vascularity knots through my arms though, especially during P/U and planks...

Body Composition and Look: Seeing those top 2-4 abs coming out more like bricks. I want that for 8, and LEANER...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Shattered. Still finding it difficult to breathe, like I have no oxygen...Coming down off the high of actually having dates for coming over...

24. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Day 108

0804 - Rollers:
    20 min in 39x16 @ 70-75% HRmax @ 110 rpm
    Another easy session for my legs. Didn't really want to be doing it; but there are no more excuses or reasons why light cardio cannot be done for 20 minutes every other day from HIIT to aid in my recovery.

0826 - Stretch 20 min.

0921 - Arms (1 min recovery between supersets):
    Superset A -
    1. Dips 4 x 12 @ 108% b/w - Right hand was in a fist, instead of wrapped around the bar, as it caused less pain. Also, a bit heavier. The first set was just me getting out as many reps as I could before the pain became too much. Since I got out 12 reps, that became the target for the rest of the sets. From the second set it became quite apparent that my right side was still doing 90% of the work (on the first set, it was pretty even until the 10th rep), with my left barely doing any at all (not cool; I DON'T want to become unbalanced). On the third set my wrist gave out after 8 reps; I took a brief pause and completed 4 more reps, almost collapsing to the floor on the last rep. My wrist gave out after 6 reps on the fourth set; pausing, before only being able to manage 2 more reps before it gave out again; I finished this set (because I wanted 12 reps) with 4 reps of Bench Dips. So, better here. Need to work on that pain; and not needing to have my hand in a fist.
    2. DB ZC 4 x 15 - Started out with 13.2lb DBs, since that's what I used last week. Kept going, since 12 reps was easy enough. Went up to 15.5lb DBs for the second set; biceps burning after 12 reps. Stayed there for third and fourth sets; with the last few reps of each set very slow in the eccentric phase. Vascularity strong in both arms. Feeling the pump in left arm as good as in right with this exercise.
    Superset B -
    3. DB FP 3 x 12 @ 41.8lb - Went up in weight from last week. I only managed 8 reps at 38.5lb last week. This week I managed 12 reps on my first set (and that determined how many I decided on doing for the other sets). The last set I struggled to get out the last 4 reps, with the last rep being VERY slow, and almost not done at all. Strength is returning here. Left wrist quite sore afterwards. A strong pump in my right arm after each set.
    4. Inc. DB BC 3 x 12 - Stayed with the 13.2lb DBs that I used last week. Feeling the burn with each set.
    Superset C -
    5. V-Bar TPD 4 x 12 - Started out with 60lb. Managed 8 reps as I had last week. Since I wanted MORE, I dropsetted down to 50lb (seemed easy after 60lb) for the last 4 reps. I did this for each set. Seeing stars after most sets, and I had to lean against the wall.
    6. Cable BC 4 x 12 - Haven't done this in a while, and never been particularly strong with them. Set the weight at 40lb, and managed 8 reps, before dropsetting back to 30lb for the last 4 reps. Also did this for each set. Left wrist hurting a bit in each set.
    Superset D -
    7. O/H C/R T/Ext 2 x 15 - 60lb like last week. Only I managed 3 more reps per set.
    8. E-Z Bar BC 2 x 21s - Just used the E-Z Bar. Didn't get much of a pump; and felt it in my forearms. Ok to finish off with.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2145-0657 (waking at 0315, 0325, 0550, and 0558), so ~9 hours sleep. Very restless. Dreams disturbing...

Energy: Felt quite shattered after the gym (and not so great IN it). Starting to feel quite tired, but staying awake (for now)...

Mood/Aggression: Better...

Stress: A 7 on the 1 to 10 'stress scale'.

Joints: There was pain in my left wrist BEFORE I even entered the gym. Dips made it worse (but I gritted my teeth and rode it out as best I could). Paracetamol is doing nothing to ease it...

Strength: My arms, especially biceps, are my weakest body-part; but I am gaining strength slowly each week (albeit a long way to go to pre-injury levels).

Quality of Training: Good. A much better session than this one last week. Keep continuing to push the limits...

Pump and Vascularity: Pump in the gym was hard and painful. It was more noticeable in my right arm than left (for the most part because my right arm was working harder than my left - i.e. Dips, DB FP)...Vascularity was awesome; veins look like they had knots running all through my arms...

Body Composition and Look: Delts and arms looking better in the gym...

Overall Sense of Feeling:
    YouTube - Randy Orton - Far From Over

25. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Day 109

0844 - HIIT Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy
    c. 4 min jogging
    d. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy
    e. 4 min jogging
    Wasn't really sure whether or not I should train today, and considered making it this week's Day Off. However, my head got the better of me, and I decided that no, there will NOT be any COMPLETE days off at all from now on; only days where I will either do JUST cardio, or JUST resistance training (and the former will be considered my 'day off'). So, a lot later than usual for my HIIT Run, but I went out anyway, since I want to be running more again. There was a sidewind that almost worked as a headwind the entire run. After 8 efforts I was almost shattered (quite fatigued from the resistance session yesterday), so I allowed myself to go easy for a bit. Since 8 efforts is NOT enough, I did a second set after 4 minutes. Lucky me, the lights were green in my favour each time I came to them (in the early morning I never have to worry about traffic and can go straight through them, regardless of colour), and I didn't have to stop at any. The rest of the run was a bit of an effort on my lungs, even when I wasn't sprinting, but it was fine. That was one of the better runs I have done since I began again.

0905 - Stretch 29 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~1914-2014, and ~2330-0640 (waking at 0315, 0325, and 0420), so ~8 hours sleep. I fell asleep early last night, and then woke up; and when I went to bed I couldn't sleep, so got up again, going to bed later. Was completely shattered this morning, and it took me until 0705 to get out of bed. Dreams were crazy and disturbing again...

Energy: Felt smashed this morning when I woke up. Ok after my run. Went for an 80-minute walk through the suburbs to the city centre and back home again early afternoon (I noticed back in my degree-study days that I always lost fat unintentionally when I did ~40 minutes brisk (because I don't walk any other pace) walking 3-4 times (to and from school) a week). I'll probably feel that walk tomorrow; I could as I was doing it, in my legs; not as fit as I was (got to get that back)...

Motivation: So, I will eventually have to compete if I am to be a successful fitness model. Either WNBF or WNSO/FAME. Starting to prepare my head for considering competition in 2010 (until I move over, competing would be difficult re all the travel costs).

Mood/Aggression: Good mood (for the most part)...

Libido: Not really today.

Joints: Some pain in my left wrist; but not as bad as yesterday...

Quality of Training: It's good to be doing my HIIT running again...

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...No vascularity outside of my run (too cold)...

Body Composition and Look: I have gained 1kg (i.e. 2.2lb) since the start of last week. From what I can see, none of it appears to be BF. My measurements have all gotten bigger; which is great for my arms (+0.6cm relaxed and +1.7cm flexed), but NOT cool for my legs (+1.5cm)...

Overall Sense of Feeling: The weather has started to get cold...

26. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Day 110

0950 - Rollers:
    a. 4 min in 39x16 @ 75% HRmax @ 110 rpm
    b. 16 min in 39x16 @ 75-80% HRmax @ 112 rpm
    c. 10 min in 39x16 @ 80-85 HRmax @ 114 rpm
    Took my legs a while to get going, but once they did they were ok. Feeling a dull ache a little for most of the session. Drinking lots. Sweating lots. Finished in a glistening glow.

1111 - Legs/Abs (1 min recovery between sets/circuits):
    1. BB RD (on box) 4 x 10 @ 89.4% b/w* - Did these first, since if I do them last my palms are so sweaty that my grip gives easily. Just enough weight to start to feel a stretch, doing the reps slowly.
    Circuit (exercises 2-5) -
    2. BB BS 4 x 10 @ 89.4% b/w* - Good. Such a low number of reps at this weight was easy (selected a weight that I could do for each set of each exercise in the circuit (so that I didn't have to change weights between exercises), and manage for all 4 sets). Face drained of all colour, except for dark, black rings under my eyes, as the circuits continued.
    3. Alternate BB Lunges (forward onto box) 4 x 20 @ 89.4% b/w* - Starting to feel the BB on my traps a little on the last couple of sets. Looking pale and sickly, like I was going to pass out in later sets.
    4. Alternate BB Step-Ups 4 x 10 @ 89.4% b/w* - REALLY feeling the weight on my traps when I got to these. Done slowly, each set, to be careful that I didn't collapse.
    5. PBJ 4 x 20 - Not done as rapidly as I would usually. Sweat dripping off me by the time I got to these at the end of each 'circuit' set. I had to sit down after the last 2 sets, to stop myself from falling over.
    6. Leg Press 4 x 10 @ 313.28lb - Just set a weight on, quite a bit lower than what I was using pre-injury; but it wasn't about strength, instead just getting 4 x 10 out. The plate beneath my feet kept moving up and down, which was annoying, and meant that I had to have my feet lower than I wanted to, having to really concentrate hard the whole time; and ended up hitting my quadriceps more than my glutes/hamstrings (like I was trying to).
    7. Abs 2 x [a. weighted crunch x 15, b. knee-ups x 15, c. knee-ins (on bench) x 20] - Feeling the burn after the first set.
    * Note that my weight is now 51kg (i.e. 112.2lb); therefore the same weights used this week are at a lower % b/w than they were last week (i.e. they were 91.2% b/w last week (since I was 110lb), and are only 89.4% b/w this week).

1210 - Stretch 22 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2200-0711 (waking at 0325 and 0600), so just over 9 hours sleep. Very deep sleep. Fatigued on waking, taking me until 0825 to drag myself out of bed. Dreams very sexual in nature...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Haven't been much in the mood for thinking since the gym...

Energy: Felt quite shattered on waking and considered just having a resistance session, but ended up doing cardio because it's NOT acceptable to have 'slack' days. The gym took a lot out of me, and I felt smashed afterwards. Kept feeling like I was going to pass out or collapse throughout the day...

Motivation: Feeling good; and seeing results in such a short time, definitely gives motivation to KEEP doing things RIGHT.

Mood/Aggression: Pretty good...

Libido: In a naughty mood after the gym (albeit with not much energy to do much about it).

Joints: Left wrist pain...

Strength: Legs' sessions are NOT about strength and I lift pretty light weights (for me), since if I was lifting as heavy as I am capable (and used to) my legs would gain muscle mass (and I DON'T want OR need that!) fast.

Quality of Training: Excellent! I have never sweated so much in a resistance sessions before; it meant that I was working harder than ever!

Pump and Vascularity: Pump for sure, in legs...Vascularity was the usual...

Body Composition and Look: Seeing a definite separation of left/right sides of my midsection, and if I twist my hips so that my right hip is forward and I'm leaning slightly back and to the left, you can see the top 4 abs as well, when I'm in a RELAXED state. So, getting better; but not acceptable until there is a lean, hard 8-pack there!

Overall Sense of Feeling: Ok.

27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Really enjoy the detail in your log Rosie.

Amazing how some body parts respond with little training, yet other parts don't no matter how much you thrash them.
  28. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TSB4me View Post
    Really enjoy the detail in your log Rosie.

Amazing how some body parts respond with little training, yet other parts don't no matter how much you thrash them.
    All good

Well my lower body has always gained muscle mass very quickly. I only started concentrating on gaining muscle mass in my upper body last year (since I retired from cycling not long before that, and needed to focus on SOMEthing), and that responded fairly quickly, especially since I am not afraid to EAT (and that's what predominantly determines muscle mass gains).

29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Answers

All good

Well my lower body has always gained muscle mass very quickly. I only started concentrating on gaining muscle mass in my upper body last year (since I retired from cycling not long before that, and needed to focus on SOMEthing), and that responded fairly quickly, especially since I am not afraid to EAT (and that's what predominantly determines muscle mass gains).
    Do you get more DOMs in your upper body than lower? Since i've started squating my legs have been screaming for days. I think it's just because i'm new to squating.
  30. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Do you get more DOMs in your upper body than lower? Since i've started squating my legs have been screaming for days. I think it's just because i'm new to squating.
    No, I don't get more DOMS in my upper body than lower. I rarely get DOMS at all after 1-2 weeks of starting anything new (i.e. like being back in the gym after weeks off; or starting to do Legs again), especially if I'm using IGF-2. I mean, the first week back in the gym after Legs' day I could barely walk properly for a week, and this week I am fine; legs don't even ache. With say Back or Shoulders, etc., even though I've been changing things up every week, I haven't really had any DOMS in them at all; only in my Arms really (and that goes in a day or so).

31. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Day 111 - Day 10 of Activate Xtreme/Drive/IGF-2

0947 - HIIT Rollers:
    a. 4 min in 39x16 @ 65-75% HRmax @ 110 rpm
    b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x15 (HR 85% HRmax, rpm N/A)
    c. 4 min in 39x16 @ 75% HRmax @ 106 rpm
    d. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x15 (HR 85-90% HRmax, rpm N/A)
    e. 4 min in 39x16 @ 75% HRmax @ 112-114 rpm
    Since I woke/got up later, decided on HIIT on the rollers (since sometimes running can affect my shoulders; and it was Shoulders' day in the gym today). Started out ok; legs took a while to kick in. First set of efforts were definite efforts. The first few efforts were the best, with me spinning away as fast as I could. The 4 minutes break between effort sets was good, albeit cadence was a little lower. Second set of efforts was well done, though; given that my legs were starting to feel them. Finished off with a higher cadence than either 'warm-up' or 'recovery'; but HR was still low. Good session.

1009 - Stretch 20 min.

1102 - Shoulders (1 min recovery between supersets/trisets):
    Triset A -
    1. BB Powerclean 2 x 10 - Started out with this, as the big exercise to get me going. Just used the BB (which was 50.6lb), since I was planning on going straight from exercise to exercise, no break, and wanted to use the same weight and not change it). Right arch (foot) was feeling it by the end of the second set.
    2. BB Clean and Press 2 x 10 - Straight into these, no break. My heart was going for it, definitely. Feeling my legs a little. The 'press' part was fine.
    3. BB Push Press 2 x 5, 2 - Wow, pitiful attempts here. After the first two exercises, I was close to shattered, and barely made the 5 reps out the first time (I was aiming for 10 reps, but after 5 knew that to be a little unrealistic for today). On the second set my arms gave out on the third rep.
    Superset A -
    4. BB Powerclean 2 x 10 - Stayed at 50.6lb. Changed to a superset, since BB Push Press didn't look like I could do more of in a triset.
    5. BB Clean and Press 2 x 10 - Done a little slower for these sets, as I was starting to feel the work I was doing. By now I had a small rash on the inside of both forearms, where they rubbed against my shorts (on the way up from the ground in the 'clean').
    Superset B -
    6. BB Clean and Press 2 x 10 - Kept on at it; these are fast becoming a favourite exercise of mine.
    7. BB Push Press 2 x 5 - Since I only managed 2 sets for the triset, I decided to continue these as a superset, since I wanted at LEAST 4 sets! Managed better.
    Triset B -
    8. DB LR 4 x 12 - Same weight as last week. Managed fine, each successive set seeming to get easier.
    9. Low Pulley Bent Over Lateral Raises 3 x 5, 4, 3 - Decided to do this this week. However, from the first set I was weak as (and the weight was fcuking PATHETIC!), with my right arms struggling to raise (WTF?) So I completed as many as I could for the first 3 trisets (someone was using the cables when it came to my fourth set, which is why I didn't do it, and did the 12 reps with DB Bent Over RR).
    10. DB Bent Over RR 4 x 7, 8, 9, 12 - Since I wanted 12 reps for my rear delts, I finished off my 12 reps per 'set' with there. Same weight as last week.
    Superset C -
    11. BB Clean and Press 2 x 10 - Just because I am starting to love these, decided to do another couple of supersets to finish the session.
    12. BB Push Press 2 x 5 - These were ok. A little faster than they had been at the start of the session, but more because I was fatiguing a little. Had to steady myself after each superset, because my head was spinning, and I felt like collapsing.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2200-0821 (waking at 0315, 0325, and 0711), so ~10.3 hours sleep. Sleep was very deep. Dreams sexual again...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Been very there...

Energy: There were moments in the gym where I was near collapsing, but I kept pushing on. Afterwards, felt pretty good. Starting to feel a little fatigued now, though...

Motivation: Well up there!

Mood/Aggression: Aggression. Frustration. Anger. Calm...

Libido: Some.

Joints: Left wrist pain, but I am IGNORING it and pressing on...

Strength: Maintaining.

Quality of Training: Excellent! I'm making sure that the majority of my resistance training sessions from now on consist of 2-3 compound exercises; and loving it so far (I want to stay in there and KEEP going)!

Pump and Vascularity: Pump in legs and deltoids...Vascularity strong in forearms and biceps...

Body Composition and Look: Looking a little softer today (from the cheat meals yesterday afternoon/evening), but still seeing the abdominal/oblique definition...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Tired...Left wrist is in almost constant pain now, but I am doing my best to ignore it and continue on as normal...

32. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.
    Answers

0804 - Rollers:
    20 min in 39x16 @ 70-75% HRmax @ 110 rpm
    Another easy session for my legs. Didn't really want to be doing it; but there are no more excuses or reasons why light cardio cannot be done for 20 minutes every other day from HIIT to aid in my recovery.

0826 - Stretch 20 min.

0921 - Arms (1 min recovery between supersets):
    Superset A -
    1. Dips 4 x 12 @ 108% b/w - Right hand was in a fist, instead of wrapped around the bar, as it caused less pain. Also, a bit heavier. The first set was just me getting out as many reps as I could before the pain became too much. Since I got out 12 reps, that became the target for the rest of the sets. From the second set it became quite apparent that my right side was still doing 90% of the work (on the first set, it was pretty even until the 10th rep), with my left barely doing any at all (not cool; I DON'T want to become unbalanced). On the third set my wrist gave out after 8 reps; I took a brief pause and completed 4 more reps, almost collapsing to the floor on the last rep. My wrist gave out after 6 reps on the fourth set; pausing, before only being able to manage 2 more reps before it gave out again; I finished this set (because I wanted 12 reps) with 4 reps of Bench Dips. So, better here. Need to work on that pain; and not needing to have my hand in a fist.
    2. DB ZC 4 x 15 - Started out with 13.2lb DBs, since that's what I used last week. Kept going, since 12 reps was easy enough. Went up to 15.5lb DBs for the second set; biceps burning after 12 reps. Stayed there for third and fourth sets; with the last few reps of each set very slow in the eccentric phase. Vascularity strong in both arms. Feeling the pump in left arm as good as in right with this exercise.
    Superset B -
    3. DB FP 3 x 12 @ 41.8lb - Went up in weight from last week. I only managed 8 reps at 38.5lb last week. This week I managed 12 reps on my first set (and that determined how many I decided on doing for the other sets). The last set I struggled to get out the last 4 reps, with the last rep being VERY slow, and almost not done at all. Strength is returning here. Left wrist quite sore afterwards. A strong pump in my right arm after each set.
    4. Inc. DB BC 3 x 12 - Stayed with the 13.2lb DBs that I used last week. Feeling the burn with each set.
    Superset C -
    5. V-Bar TPD 4 x 12 - Started out with 60lb. Managed 8 reps as I had last week. Since I wanted MORE, I dropsetted down to 50lb (seemed easy after 60lb) for the last 4 reps. I did this for each set. Seeing stars after most sets, and I had to lean against the wall.
    6. Cable BC 4 x 12 - Haven't done this in a while, and never been particularly strong with them. Set the weight at 40lb, and managed 8 reps, before dropsetting back to 30lb for the last 4 reps. Also did this for each set. Left wrist hurting a bit in each set.
    Superset D -
    7. O/H C/R T/Ext 2 x 15 - 60lb like last week. Only I managed 3 more reps per set.
    8. E-Z Bar BC 2 x 21s - Just used the E-Z Bar. Didn't get much of a pump; and felt it in my forearms. Ok to finish off with.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2145-0657 (waking at 0315, 0325, 0550, and 0558), so ~9 hours sleep. Very restless. Dreams disturbing...

Energy: Felt quite shattered after the gym (and not so great IN it). Starting to feel quite tired, but staying awake (for now)...

Mood/Aggression: Better...

Joints: There was pain in my left wrist BEFORE I even entered the gym. Dips made it worse (but I gritted my teeth and rode it out as best I could). Paracetamol is doing nothing to ease it...

Strength: My arms, especially biceps, are my weakest body-part; but I am gaining strength slowly each week (albeit a long way to go to pre-injury levels).

Quality of Training: Good. A much better session than this one last week. Keep continuing to push the limits...

Pump and Vascularity: Pump in the gym was hard and painful. It was more noticeable in my right arm than left (for the most part because my right arm was working harder than my left - i.e. Dips, DB FP)...Vascularity was awesome; veins look like they had knots running all through my arms...

Body Composition and Look: Delts and arms looking better in the gym...

Overall Sense of Feeling:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AR4dIAyxnk
    Great music selection babe. . BTW...can't wait to see you at the airport in July

Cheers!
    "Never trust a b*tch because b*tches be crazy, now get out there and go crush some P***Y!" - Jerry Stiller.
  33. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SamBoz19 View Post
    ...can't wait to see you at the airport in July
    Same here (Will you have some? )

34. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Day 112

0857 - Rollers:
    40 min in 39x16 @ 60-65% HRmax @ 102-104rpm
    Recovery ride today. Let my legs pick the pace, and HR was as a result of it: A bit too low for my liking, but we have days like that every now and then (and if that's what I have to have, instead of taking a day off, then I'll take it). The one good thing is that I can now place my hands anyway I like on the handlebars without wincing...

1002 - Back (1 min recovery, except CG PU - 3 min):
    1. CG PU 4 x 8, 6, 6, 6 - First set was ok. Second set I 'used' my knees on the last half of the last rep. Same with the third set. After my third set I sat down, becoming angrier and angrier; especially as I struggled majorly with my last set. Add to being weak, my headphones kept falling out, causing a scowl enough to warn anyone away. Growling as I continued on.
    2. BB BOR 4 x 10 - Same weight as last week, but at 2 more reps per set. Hands were slipping in on the BB during the last few reps of the last two sets, making me more frustrated than I already was. Not even seeing my anterior delts and arms coming out nicely was enough to change the frown into a smile.
    3. BB DL 6 x 6, 8, 8, 8, 6, 6 - Same weight as last week (I am starting to feel pathetic using such light weights ). Managed fine each time. After the first set went up to 8 reps because I could (I mean, hell; pre-injury I was doing 40+ reps at this weight per set!) Grip slipping from sweaty palms on last 2 sets (which is why only 6 reps). Left wrist twanging with pain at the end of each set.
    4. CG SR 2 x 20 - Frustrated and aggressive as fcuk, finished off the session with a couple of high rep sets; slow tempo, to feel the strain in my forearms. Ended up just wanting to throw weights around in a tantrum.

1111 - Stretch 24 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2300-0740 (waking at 0315 and 0420), so just over 8.5 hours sleep. Sleep was deep. Dreams were again, very sexual...

Mental Alertness/Focus: There. Tomorrow I'll start a few articles...

Energy: Due to my mood in the gym, energy wasn't utilized as best as it could have been...Not really in the mood for anything much afterwards...

Motivation: I know what I HAVE to do!

Mood/Aggression: Aggression. Anger. Frustration. GROWLING...

Libido: Quite high.

Joints: Ignoring the pain...

Strength: Maintaining.

Quality of Training: Not very good today.

Pump and Vascularity: Not much of a pump...Vascularity knots...

Body Composition and Look: Fitness Model (but I DON'T want to look so soft!)...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Next week had better be RIGHT back ON target with 0315 rise EVERY morning, and training starting from 0430, and NO excuses or mistakes!

35. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Day 113

0950 - HIIT Rollers:
    a. 4 min in 39x16 @ 70% HRmax @ 102 rpm
    b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x15 (HR 75-80% HRmax, rpm N/A)
    c. 4 min in 39x16 @ 70-75% HRmax @ 102 rpm
    d. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x15 (HR 80-85% HRmax, rpm N/A)
    e. 4 min in 39x16 @ 70% HRmax @ 102 rpm
    Another HIIT on the rollers (this shall have to stop from next week, and be done running instead). Legs took a little while to get going, with some dull aches in my vastus medialis. Efforts were even more of an effort today, with the way my legs were feeling. Split my efforts into two sets again; clearly needed. HR didn't rise that high though, despite my trying, which was interesting.

1011 - Stretch 23 min.

1100 - Arms (1 min recovery between supersets):
    Superset A -
    1. Dips 6 x 12, 12, 10, 10, 10, 8 @ 111% b/w - First set was ok, with the first 3 reps using both sides for the exercise. However, it became apparent after that that my right side was doing all the work (and even moreso in further sets), due to the pain of any movement in my left wrist. To be honest, I winced before each set, and dreaded it (not cool). Second set I unfisted my left hand after 10 reps, and screamed in my head through the last 2 reps. Did the next 3 sets as normal, with left hand unfisted, around the bar; because my right side WAS doing all the work I was almost collapsing at 10 reps, and the last rep of each set was very slow. On the last set I formed a fist again with left hand; and pretty much fell off the bar due to the pain and failure on the 8th rep. Wrist in pain after each set; not being made any better by lack of recovery in being supersetted with BB BC.
    2. BB BC 6 x 12, 12, 10, 10, 10, 8 @ 33lb - Selected the lightest BB that the gym had. Since I was planning on higher reps, and since I could barely even do ONE rep (with a BB of weight 50.6lb) three weeks ago due to the pain in my wrist and it collapsing on me, the lightness of the weight wasn't much of a concern. My reps matched what I had been able to do for Dips for each set. The last 2 reps of the second set were an effort to get out. However, I wasn't going to DEcrease the weight or dropset it to reach the target reps per set, and so I soldiered on. Left wrist was in pain at the top of almost each rep, but that was no matter. Awesome vascularity displayed during this exercise. On the last 3 sets the last 2 reps were achieved through using a little momentum (naughty).
    Superset B -
    3. DB FP 6 x 12 @ 41.8lb - Same weight as last week, for 3 more sets. Good. Be going up in weight next week.
    4. DB ZC 6 x 12 @ 15.4lb - Actually, after 10 reps of each set, my left arm was struggling a little, feeling the burn in my biceps, and forearms hurting (I still can't tilt my wrist as I should); but I managed to get 12 reps out with a gritting of teeth and slower reps.
    Superset C -
    5. V-Bar TPD 4 x 12, 12, 10, 10 @ 60lb - Same weight as last week, but for more reps.
    6. Cable BC 4 x 12, 12, 10, 10 @ 50lb - Higher weight than last week, for more reps. I was feeling my left wrist at the top of the movement some, especially since the bar 'moved' beneath my hands sometimes.
    Superset D -
    7. O/H C/R T/Ext 2 x 15 @ 60lb - Started out at the same weight at last week. However, unlike last week, I managed all 15 reps for each set without needing to dropset the weight. A definite improvement, considering the work I'd done prior. Feeling left wrist on the last few reps, though, as it twisted. Last rep on the last set was slow and determinedly done.
    8. Alt. DB HC 2 x 20 @ 17.6lb - Not the best of exercises. Form was not as good as it should have been on the second set. Weak.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2200-0824 (waking at 0315, 0325, 0420, and 0720), so ~10.25 hours sleep. Sleep deep. Shattered on waking. Dreaming...

Energy: Energy has been great (despite aches and pains). Starting to falter a little ~1530, but still going...

Motivation: High!

Mood/Aggression: Aggression. Frustration...

Libido: Not much of anything.

Joints: PAIN in the gym (on almost EVERY exercise!) Throbbing, aching pain for the rest of the day. And every time I move my left wrist I can hear and feel it clicking...

Strength: On the rise.

Quality of Training: Excellent! I made sure that I worked myself hard today, knowing that Arms' day is when my wrist gives me the most pain and trouble in the gym.

Pump and Vascularity: Pump in arms from the first set of Dips, and staying throughout the session...Vascularity was the best I have seen it; with my veins straining to climb out of my skin in forearms, and showing strong through biceps and chest...

Body Composition and Look: Delts and arms are coming along nicely. Leaning more...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Take away the pain and I'm ok.

36. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Day 114

0850 - Chest/Abs (1 min recovery between sets):
    1. PU 20 x 10 @ b/w - Started out without thinking today, realizing after I'd done my first set that I'd done it withOUT being on my fists! It hurt a little, and there was a click on the third rep, and my wrist wasn't quite as extended as it should have been, but it was done withOUT having my hands in fists; so I was pleased. Even though I could have easily handled MORE than 10 reps, I left it at 10, because I wanted to better the 150 reps (in total) that I completed last week (and I WAS struggling last week on the last 5 sets). The second and third sets I did on my fists (palms facing my body); instantly noticed that I could feel my lateral delts when I was doing them; interesting, since I didn't on the first set. Did the next two normally (i.e. unfisted, my palms flat on the floor); didn't feel as much of an effort as doing them on my fists had been. Two more sets fisted (palms facing my body) and feeling my lateral delts strongly. The next 6 sets I did with my palms flat on the floor; first few reps of each set saw a little twinge in my left wrist, but managing the pain. After my tenth set I started feeling dizzy; the ache/pain in my head becoming worse by the fifteenth set. Fourteenth and fifteenth sets I did on my fists (palms facing body); and the last 3 reps of the latter set were done slowly. The last 5 sets I did on my palms. The nineteenth set saw the last rep slower, and the last set the last 3 reps slower. However, none of the reps done on my palms felt as much of an effort as those done on my fists. Every rep was done belly/chest touching the floor before going back up. I had no failure like I did last week, and 50 more reps were done. Next week I will be doing ALL sets UNfisted.
    2. Abs A 1 x [a. s/b crunch to 180 degrees x 25, b. s/b wall crunch (knees at 90 degree flexion) x 25, c. s/b db-leg lift x 25, d. s/b roll-out x 25] - A giant set. Feeling abs after the s/b db-leg lifts for sure.
    3. Abs B 1 x [a. plank x 1 min, b. side plank (left) x 1 min, c. side plank (right) x 1 min, d. plank (alternate lifting left arm/right leg with right arm/left leg every 15 sec) x 1 min, e. plank x 1 min] - Heart racing after the side planks. Couldn't wait until the final plank was done.

0936 - Rollers:
    a. 20 min in 39x16 @ 70-75% HRmax @ 110 rpm
    b. 20 min in 39x16 @ 75-85% HRmax @ 118 rpm
    Didn't take much to get going today. Selected a pace and settled at it. After 20 minutes, because I wanted a higher HR response, I increased cadence; which had the effect I wanted. Sweat was dripping off me in the last half of the ride. Wrist was aching as well.

1018 - Stretch 20 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2200-0724 (waking at 0315, 0325, 0420, and 0700), so ~9.25 hours sleep. Sleep very deep. Shattered on waking. Dreaming...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Actually have been pretty fatigued since after training and breakfast, and head has felt like it needed a rest. Forced myself to stay awake until 1400, and then passed out at ~1430 for 1.25 hours. Forcing myself to stay awake after that, so I can sleep tonight...

Energy: Feeling the effects of the RPM not long after dosing today (first thing dosing makes a difference). After training though, energy dived. I'm feeling smashed....

Mood/Aggression: Aggression. Anger. Some calm...

Libido: Some, when I'm in those REALLY tired moments...

Joints: PAIN. It has been throbbing pain all day, moreso after the rollers...

Strength: Gaining.

Quality of Training: When you consider that I was only able to do half the work that I did today 4 weeks ago, and could not even do PU properly, then I have come a way since then. However, due to the nature of my wrist, BB BP and other exercises for Chest will not begin for at least another 2 weeks (and besides, my chest doesn't need more muscle mass, and my strength there is not an issue).

Pump and Vascularity: Pump in arms...Vascularity was strong from Abs B and throughout rollers and stretching...

Body Composition and Look: I have been noticing a few blemishes on my face, particularly around the edges; it was clear before Monday...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Ok, so making SUNDAY my Day Off, Matt. And it will be COMPLETELY off ALL training (I haven't had one of those days in 3 weeks). Hopefully it will give my wrist (and my body) a chance to recover somewhat.

37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Answers

great workouts !
  38. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

great workouts !
    Thanks, Stephen. Just trying to make them as hard as I can, and make progress each session!

39. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Day 115

DAY OFF today (I think I NEED it!)

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2300-0751 (waking at 0315, 0325, 0420, and 0711), so ~8.75 hours sleep. Sleep was deep. Shattered on waking. Dreaming...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Despite how I've been feeling (head feels so tired and fatigued) I have been doing research and study for hours today...

Energy: I feel completely FCUKED: Like I have climbed a mountain without eating anything, and it's taken days to do it, with no sleep....

Mood/Aggression: Not much of anything...

Libido: None.

Joints: Not much pain today (but not much movement/activity aside either)...

Endurance: N/A.

Quality of Training: N/A.

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity normal...

Body Composition and Look: 10.5% BF at 51kg. So, over the last 2 weeks I have gained +1.295kg (i.e. 2.849lb) of LBM and lost -0.295kg (i.e. 0.649lb) of BF....

Overall Sense of Feeling: Really SHATTERED.

40. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Day 116

0926 - HIIT Rollers:
    a. 4 min in 39x16 @ 70-75% HRmax @ 118 rpm
    b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x15 (HR 80-85% HRmax, rpm N/A)
    c. 4 min in 39x16 @ 75-80% HRmax @ 120 rpm
    d. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x15 (HR 85-90% HRmax, rpm N/A)
    e. 4 min in 39x16 @ 80-85% HRmax @ 120 rpm
    Rollers this morning (running from now on, though). Legs were NOT happy; especially with the high cadence I started out with. Vastus medialis in both legs was aching a little; and didn't stop until after the first set of efforts. First set of efforts was HARD. Each effort felt like it lasted forever, and legs were hurting. I was glad for the 'easy' recovery periods between. Instead of allowing myself time to recover between sets, kept my cadence high, lifting it slightly. Legs started feeling better after 9 minutes. Second set of efforts was better, with legs NOT sore, spinning fast; efforts passing quickly. HR stayed high after the last set of efforts, dropping rapidly only after I had finished the session.

0948 - Stretch 22 min.

1052 - Legs/Abs:
    Abs A (no recovery between exercises) -
    1. Hanging straight leg raises 1 x 15 - Really concentrating on using abs (and no hips) to do this.
    2. Hanging knee to elbows 1 x 15 - The last couple of reps were a little harder, due to hands slipping.
    3. Reverse curl (on floor) 1 x 15 - Feeling them by the last rep.
    4. s/b crunches (knees at 90 degree flexion) 1 x 15 - Good.
    5. s/b crunches to 189 degrees 1 x 15 - Definitely feeling these. May start doing more of them, instead of the 'regular' crunch (more of a burn).
    6. s/b db-leg raises 1 x 15 - Abs and not hips. I am stronger on these than I was a few weeks ago.
    7. Weighted crunch 1 x 15 - Done with a 44.44lb DB. Feeling a little in anterior delts after 13 reps.
    8. Plank 1 x 1 min (alternating lifting right arm/left leg with left arm/right leg every 15 sec) - Effort.
    9. Side Plank (right) 1 x 1 min - Fine.
    10. Side Plank (left) 1 x 1 min - Fine.
    Legs Giant-Set/Circuit (no recovery between exercises, 1 min recovery between circuits) -
    11. BB RD (on box) 4 x 10 - Decided on doing these first, so less chance of hands slipping/grip giving because of hot, sweaty palms. Did well.
    12. PBJ 4 x 20 - Did these with an actual bench today (instead of a box), to make sure that I was having to jump higher. Did well.
    13. BB BS 4 x 10 - Used only 140.36lb. Easy as. Did them with a slower tempo as well, to make them a bit harder, since they were so easy. 'Loosening' up as did more reps each set.
    14. Alternate Backward DB Lunges 4 x 20 - Since I am using lunges to target my hamstrings more, used DB instead, doing them backward with a long stride. DBs were just enough to stabilize me, but not so much that I was almost dropping them from the effort of holding onto them. On the last 2 sets, grip started giving from the tenth rep (because of sweaty palms), but I hung on and got all 20 reps out.
    15. One-Legged Bench Step-Ups 4 x 10 per leg - Did with just me. Did one side at a time, completing all 10 reps before moving onto the other side. Bouncing explosively up off the floor onto the bench, and 'dropping' lightly back down again. Heart was going hard by the time I got to here each time around.
    16. Bench Jumps 4 x 4x3 benches - Lined 3 benches up with enough gap between for me to land. between them Each set consisted of me jumping over each bench, turning, and jumping back to the start, turning, and repeating, until I was back at the start again. This REALLY had my heart racing, and making sure that I was alert and focussed; barely pausing for breath, to get them done as fast as possible. Had to sit down after the second and third times through.
    Abs B (no recovery between exercises) -
    17. Plank 1 x 1 min (alternating lifting left arm/right leg with right arm/left leg every 15 sec) - Really making sure that I was focussed. Controlled breathing.
    18. Side Plank (left) 1 x 1 min - Vascularity exceptional. Painful, as it felt like all the blood was being rushed into my hands and forearms, with nowhere to go.
    19. Side Plank (right) 1 x 1 min - Vascularity less painful, but no less strong. Keeping side high off the ground.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2130-0747 (waking at 0237, 0315, 0325, 0425, and 0711), so ~10.25 hours sleep. COMPLETELY shattered every time I woke up (not sure why; I did NOTHING yesterday!) Didn't get out of bed until 0756. Dreams very vivid and lasting...

Mental Alertness/Focus: I am getting my log done early, so that I can spend the rest of the afternoon researching, studying, and writing...

Energy: Felt a bit fatigued after the HIIT Rollers. Felt fine in the gym. Feeling like I did yesterday....

Mood/Aggression: I just want to get through today doing what I HAVE to...

Libido: None.

Joints: A little pain (hopefully the paracetamol will work today)...

Strength: Reiterating that Legs' day is NOT about strength. Actually, I don't think that I will ever go heavy (for me) again with any Legs' exercises, since I DON'T need (OR want) extra muscle mass there, and my strength in them is never an issue, and I don't really want to eliminate them completely from my training routine. So, Legs' days from now on will be as they have been: More of a cardio resistance session, with lighter weights, higher reps, and little or no recovery.

Quality of Training: Excellent. Unlike the last few weeks, where my face has been as pale as a sick creature on Legs' day, today it was ruddy and sweaty. Sweating lots again. Heart going well. Loved it.

Pump and Vascularity: Pump in legs a little...Vascularity strong, especially on the last set of side planks (and veins were painful during, like pins and needles)...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Glutes and legs.

Body Composition and Look: Although my body composition has changed from 2 weeks ago to now; my measurements have NOT changed from last week to this week...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Still feeling as shattered as I was yesterday (not sure why). I look and feel like I do when I've done several all-nighters in a single week.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 623
    Last Post: 07-17-2011, 12:57 AM
  2. The Female Terminator Trains to FREE TEST
    By Rosie Chee in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 07-05-2010, 01:19 PM
  3. The Female Terminator Chronicles: REVOLUTION (2010)
    By Rosie Chee in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 198
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 06:30 PM
  4. New Terminator -sarah Conner Chronicles
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-24-2007, 05:13 PM