The Female Terminator Chronicles

Page 5 of 42 First ... 34567 ... Last
  1. Day 18

1054 - HIIT Rollers:
    a. 4 min in 39x16 @ 60-65% HRmax @ 110 rpm
    b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x14 (HR 75% HRmax, rpm N/A)
    c. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x13 (HR 80% HRmax, rpm N/A)
    d. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x12 (HR 80-85% HRmax, rpm N/A)
    e. 1 min in 39x16 @ 66 rpm (HR dropped back to 60% HRmax)
    f. 3 min in 39x16 @ 60-65% HRmax @ 106 rpm
    Was aggressive as hell when I got on the rollers this morning and was ready to tear something to shreds...Started out ok, but raring to get into the efforts. Started the first set of efforts in a higher gear ratio than I have been, spinning to try and burn all the rage out. HR did NOT go up (GRRRR) much. Nor did it much more when I increased the intensity for the second set of efforts. Legs were a different story, starting to feel the pace towards the end of the second set. Third set of efforts was a battle, filled with angry noise and spinning during the efforts and relief in between them. HR got up though. Finished off after the last set easy, before easing back into a 'cool-down' pace...

1117 - Stretch 21 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~0100-0900 (waking at 0315, 0325, 0423, and 0845), so ~8 hours sleep. Deep sleep. No dreams. Took me ~15 minutes to get up once awake, and even longer to 'wake up'...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Been doing some serious packing today...

Energy: Good enough.

Motivation: There.

Mood/Aggression: VERY aggressive today. Tried to use it for HIIT, but didn't work so well. If there were no laws and I could go anywhere and I had a gun with endless bullets...

Stress: High.

Libido: None.

Joints: Fine.

Endurance: Good.

Strength: N/A.

Quality of Training: Ok, but not that great.

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity not as strong as usual...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Delts and arms. Glutes and legs.

Body Composition and Look: It's been better. However, double-dosing NeoVar Recomped pre-bed is helping me 'recover' from the binges a lot faster than I would otherwise, and will become a norm in my supplement regime (binge or not) from now on...

Appetite: None. Not as thirsty as I have been either (surprising, since I drank nearly 2 galleons yesterday)...

Overall Sense of Feeling: I'll just be glad when everything is done here and I can move on...

2. nice avi rosie! looking good
    SFW and GFH
    •   

3. Day 19

0916 - Rollers:
    a. 5 min in 39x16 @ 65% HRmax @ 106 rpm
    b. 10 min in 39x16 @ 70% HRmax @ 114-116 rpm
    c. 5 min in 39x16 @ 75% HRmax @ 122 rpm
    Started out ok. Legs fine. Not really wanting to be on the rollers, but doing it anyway. Upped the cadence after 5 minutes, and then some more after 15 minutes. HR did NOT rise much at all. Gave legs a good spin though.

0940 - Stretch 21 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2300-0800 (waking at 0315, 0325, 0423, and 0615), so ~9 hours sleep. VERY deep. Dreaming. Not in the mood to do anything much when I woke up. GRRR; I want to be getting up at 0315 like I used to!!!

Mental Alertness/Focus: Been in and out and pottering about all day packing and tidying up loose ends...

Energy: There, but not really used it much...Aside from the rollers and a walk into town...

Motivation: Not really, today.

Mood/Aggression: Bit blah. Had a few silly moments in the mid-afternoon. Now just disappointed in yet another binge...

Libido: Starting to get some back.

Endurance: Fine.

Quality of Training: Ok.

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Not really noticed much vascularity...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Arms. Glutes and legs.

Body Composition and Look: Better this morning. Bit bloated after "dinner" (lasted 80 minutes, so no surprise there)...Back to good diet and resistance training and I'll be fine in no time...

Appetite: Been wanting to binge all day. And yes, DID this evening (and yes, regretting it afterwards). Had 6 NeoVar Recomped pre-bed tonight...Not as thirsty today as have been...

Overall Sense of Feeling: I'll be glad come the end of the week...But next week will bring NEW stresses...Just wanting to get back into MY routine. STOP all these late nights and start going to bed between 2030 and 2130 and getting up at 0315...

4. Packing? Thats exercise in its own right!
    •   

5. Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    Packing? Thats exercise in its own right!
    So will be the 2 hours I will have to spend doing the gardening (well, beating the garden back) sometime today or tomorrow...

6. Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    So will be the 2 hours I will have to spend doing the gardening (well, beating the garden back) sometime today or tomorrow...

LOL thats the only thing I like about winter. No gardening and no mowing the grass!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    Get a flame thrower! 5 minute job!
    We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.

8. Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    LOL thats the only thing I like about winter. No gardening and no mowing the grass!
    Well, I don't have to do the lawns (someone else does that), but I DO have to do the garden; gardening is not really my thing, LOL (it's something I do if I feel like it).

But, the whole house and yard etc. needs to be cleaned from top to bottom and inside out in the next 36 hours...

Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    Get a flame thrower! 5 minute job!
    As tempting as that sounds I'm not sure the new residents would appreciate that much
  9. Day 20

1027 - HIIT Rollers:
    a. 4 min in 39x16 @ 60-65% HRmax @ 104 rpm
    b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x15 (HR 70% HRmax, rpm N/A)
    c. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x14 (HR 75-80% HRmax, rpm N/A)
    d. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x13 (HR 80-85% HRmax, rpm N/A)
    e. 2 min in 39x16 @ 104 rpm (HR dropped back to 60% HRmax)
    f. 2 min in 39x16 @ 60-65% HRmax @ 112 rpm
    NOT in the mood or wanting to do ANY training today...Got on the rollers and made a half-hearted attempt at starting. Legs were fine. HR fine. Efforts were ok, but nothing great. Legs were starting to feel the intensity on the last set of efforts, and HR was starting to get some rise. 'Cool-down' pretty slow and lacklustre.

1055 - Stretch 20 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~ 2350-0900 (waking at 0315, 0325, 0423, 0615, 0715, and 0800), so ~9 hours sleep. Deep. Dreaming. Took a little while to get up once 'awake'...

Mental Alertness/Focus: There.

Energy: Did HIIT, but not really in the mood for training. Spent the day packing and doing some gardening, and then chilled for the evening with a couple of DVDs...

Motivation: This week has REALLY been LACKING in motivation for training (maybe the too long withOUT a break (it's been 3 days completely off training in the last 8 weeks)...Or something else; too much on my mind at the moment?)

Mood/Aggression: Just a bit blah...

Stress: HIGH!

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity more like I am used to...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Arms. Glutes and legs.

Body Composition and Look: Arms look ok. Rest of me looking (and feeling) a bit soft and curvy today (too many binges withOUT resistance training; has to STOP!) Not feeling too comfortable in my body today (get back to feeling good!)

Appetite: None all day. And then huge binge with the DVDs Huge eating may be 'acceptable' when I am doing heavy resistance training, but when I am NOT, my body does NOT need all that food!!! CONTROL!!!...Just a quick note that from now on I am also dosing NeoVar Recomped at 4-6 caps pre-bed as well...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Quite disappointed in myself. Hindsight means that I know BETTER (then put it to some USE)!...It is also looking like resistance training may not be done this week, due to all the moving etc. I guess a week off will be ok (considering it's been 6 weeks since I had a week off the gym); but head is still NOT liking it...

10. LOL Well when you move do some walking lunges carrying your boxes to the truck

11. Late, but following.
    What is up with the high stress? You are too young for that.

12. Quote Originally Posted by dg806 View Post
    Late, but following.
    What is up with the high stress? You are too young for that.
    There's a lot going on in my life right now. Lots of CHANGE and huge decisions...Besides, I have always been highly stressed. Some of us are just like that. And some of us operate best like that...
  13. Day 21

0834 - HIIT Rollers:
    a. 4 min in 39x16 @ 65% HRmax @ 104 rpm
    b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x15 (HR 75% HRmax, rpm N/A)
    c. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x14 (HR 75% HRmax, rpm N/A)
    d. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x13 (HR 80% HRmax, rpm N/A)
    e. 1 min in 39x16 @ 104 rpm (HR dropped back to 65% HRmax)
    f. 3 min in 39x16 @ 65-70% HRmax @ 110 rpm
    Just wanting to get training done and out of the way today. Decided to do HIIT, since not sure what I could do Friday when more focussed on the last of the packing and leaving...Started out ok. HR a little on the higher end of what it would normally be. Efforts saw HR a little higher than normal for what they would be at the same intensity, but not feeling as if they were any more intense than usual. Legs feeling good (surprising, since did HIIT yesterday). Body was ok during 'cool-down' as well...

0856 - Stretch 20 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2330-0700 (waking at 0315, 0325, and 0423), so ~7.5 hours sleep. Didn't get up until 0732 though. Sleep was deep. No dreams...

Mental Alertness/Focus: There. Although not really needed for mindless tasks like cleaning...

Energy: Did HIIT and then spent 6 hours straight cleaning. Not really wanting to be doing ANYthing after that, so got a couple of DVDs. Was so tired actually fell asleep during the second one...

Motivation: None.

Mood/Aggression: Nothing...

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity ok; better in the evening...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Arms.

Body Composition and Look: Too soft for my liking. All this time out of the gym (while eating the same) is making a noticeable difference...

Appetite: None all day. Didn't eat from breakfast until dinner (forgot as I was cleaning)...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Not too happy with myself right now...Nevertheless, the timeline is closing in...

14. Your looking pretty solid in your avatar! nice bronze colour too
    We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    There's a lot going on in my life right now. Lots of CHANGE and huge decisions...Besides, I have always been highly stressed. Some of us are just like that. And some of us operate best like that...
    Stress is a silent killer over time. It's terrible for you. I'm like that too. Sometimes I just have to get away on a backpack trip to the mountains for a few days and get away from everything and everybody and unwind. It feels great. I have high bp mainly from genetics, but I think stress has alot to do with it also. Don't downplay the effects it has on your body.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    Your looking pretty solid in your avatar! nice bronze colour too
    Cheers, Dave. The last week of no training and lots of eating has made a few changes to that, but nothing that won't be rectified in a week or two of being back on track!

Quote Originally Posted by dg806 View Post
    Stress is a silent killer over time. It's terrible for you. I'm like that too. Sometimes I just have to get away on a backpack trip to the mountains for a few days and get away from everything and everybody and unwind. It feels great. I have high bp mainly from genetics, but I think stress has alot to do with it also. Don't downplay the effects it has on your body.
    Well stress doesn't affect my blood pressure or heart rate or physiological things like that; the only 'effects' it really has is that it 'makes' me binge and is the only thing that affects my skin.
  17. Quick Update

For those who are following, I haven't disappeared. Just been doing lots of travelling and things and not had access to the internet. I've been keeping up with my log and will post the last few days when I get a chance to be here connected for longer.

18. Good luck in your new city BTW

19. Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    For those who are following, I haven't disappeared. Just been doing lots of travelling and things and not had access to the internet. I've been keeping up with my log and will post the last few days when I get a chance to be here connected for longer.
    Sounds good! I have had stress issues from being a student; I remember on a yearly physical my cortisol was way up; I just picked up this interesting book about stress [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Why-Zebras-Dont-Ulcers-Third/dp/0805073698/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid =1229453181&sr=1-1"]Amazon.com: Why Zebras Don't Get Ulcers, Third Edition: Robert M. Sapolsky: Books[/ame] , and he has another one on Adrenal Fatigue for later.

Vit C is an easy way to lower cortisol, I like Rhodiola, and the Lean Xtreme is a tempting deal at $25. But nothing beats lying in bed watching a good movie with your feet up

20. Quote Originally Posted by Craigmatthew View Post
    Good luck in your new city BTW
    Thanks, sweets. First day at work today ('training course'). And first day back in the gym (I NEED it)!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Sounds good! I have had stress issues from being a student; I remember on a yearly physical my cortisol was way up; I just picked up this interesting book about stress http://www.amazon.com/Why-Zebras-Don...9453181&sr=1-1 , and he has another one on Adrenal Fatigue for later.

Vit C is an easy way to lower cortisol, I like Rhodiola, and the Lean Xtreme is a tempting deal at $25. But nothing beats lying in bed watching a good movie with your feet up
    Yeah, well, I use lots of stuff with Rholdiola Rosea in and have Lean Xtreme coming. But stress is in my nature, so it's going nowhere fast. I've just learnt to deal.
  21. Day 22

0535 - 5.5km Run:
    The LAST run I will be doing along this route for a very, VERY LONG time...Nice morning. Just starting to get light out. Already warm. The smell of blossoms and jasmine heavy in the air. I just let my body do as it would today, since I have been pretty Unmotivated for ANY sort of training this week (even though I HAVE done it)...First km was done in 4.51 minutes, the second a bit slower at 4.78 minutes. I ended up dropping right back to 4.98 min/km between the second and third km, when my right shin started feeling the impact...An ok run...

0607 - Stretch 20 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2245-0315 (waking at 0215), so ~4.5 hours sleep. Deep. Quite tired last night and fell asleep during the second movie. A little Unawake on waking, but got up to do a quick chore. Went back to bed at 0330, planning on getting up at 0430; but couldn't fall back to sleep, so 'got up' at 0400. And went for a run at 0535...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Had to be there. Finally, the LAST of the packing (and damn, Mum is going to have a full house of all the siblings' 'excess belongings as we all move or go overseas). Started feeling a little unfocussed about ~1 hour into driving down, but ate and kept myself awake. Now on the Arahura ferry, ready for the 3 hour trip across the islands...

Energy: Run was ok. Was actually reasonably ok with everything today. Not really physically fatigued; need to get back into the gym!!!

Motivation: Still a bit blah...

Mood/Aggression: Ok mood. Just a bit tired is all...

Stress: Moderate.

Libido: Some.

Quality of Training: The first run in over a week (has ended up being one a week so far this year; NOT good enough; needs to be MORE regular, as it was!) Not slow, but not fast either...

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity pretty awesome today, especially now that I am more golden and have been in the sun for most of the day (driving down)...

Body Composition and Look: Arms are looking a little more defined (or maybe that's just because I am browner, because I certainly have NOT got LEANer this last week)...Not really liking how I am looking (doesn't take long to 'lose shape' when not resistance training and eating bad)...Just get back on track, and see what you WANT (and WILL) be, girl...

Appetite: The first day in a week where I have been having regular meals, instead of breakfast and then 'forgetting' all day until a huge binge at dinner...Not as thirsty today (or maybe more preoccupied?)...Get back on track re diet, girl; you KNOW you see results just like that when you?re 'good'...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Some relief. Some apprehension. Some anticipation. I'm in a 'transition'; soon it will be the start of a NEW chapter...
  22. Day 23

Nothing. Because of sleeping late and having to do more travelling, decided NOT to do anything (a very BAD idea?)

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2245-0906 (waking at 0615, 0630, 0700, and 0815), so ~ 10.25 hours sleep. Deep. REALLY shattered. No dreams. If had not had to check out of the motel at 1000, probably would have slept for a little longer...

Mental Alertness/Focus: There. More driving; windy roads; heat.

Energy: Not needed much, but quite 'tired' by the time got in. Fell asleep on an aunt's couch ~1630-1730, and then wanted to again later on...

Motivation: Highly motivated to get back into shape; one week off the gym and eating the same has NOT been nice to my body...

Mood/Aggression: Started out good. Got a bit aggressive, especially as I got tired and stressed about the job. Finished just drained...

Endurance: N/A.

Quality of Training: N/A.

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity awesome, especially in the heat...

Body Composition and Look: Very golden now...Looking far too soft. VERY different from what I was a week ago...

Appetite: Not really. Just when I could. This has to get back into a regular, PLANNED diet routine!!!

Overall Sense of Feeling: Relieved to finally be here. Annoyed at some of the things that have been going on (i.e. my bike 'broke' in the car; just one of many things)...Tomorrow starts the blank page...
  23. Day 24

0942 - Run 20 min:
    Just ran around a few streets. Unfamiliar to me. Found a good street to do my HIIT Runs (I want to start doing them again from TOMORROW!) Felt quick fatigued and wasn?t really running very fast at all. Glad that I did SOMEthing, though...

1006 - Stretch 21 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2345-0817 (waking at 0545, 0600, AND 0615), so ~8.5 hours sleep. Was too shattered to get up at the planned 0600 (trying to start earlier, and then get REALLY early). Didn't wake until your text. REALLY DEEP sleep. Some dreams...

Mental Alertness/Focus: There. Not really needed to think too much today, though...

Energy: Actually pretty shattered today. Spent 4 hours walking around the city centre (and about)...Just want to be going to bed early (and then being able to get up early)...

Motivation: Blah again today

Mood/Aggression: Good mood for the most part of the day. Then I lost my phone (so I'll have to get a new one tomorrow, if I can find some time) somewhere in town (and didn't notice until AGES later, and even though retraced footsteps never found it), which just fcuked me right off (ALL contacts were on the SIM, damnit). And now more stress is piling up...

Endurance: N/A.

Quality of Training: N/A.

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity good...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Glutes and legs.

Body Composition and Look: And the gold keeps getting darker...FEELING (and seeing) how much bigger I am from what I was (NOT cool)...

Appetite: Breakfast was the only 'good' meal; but eating regularly today (a start from the last couple of weeks). Not drunk very much (not happy about that)...DIET!!!

Overall Sense of Feeling: I'm almost MORE stressed now than I was BEFORE coming down here. Things keep getting turned upside down and inside out and I'm NOT in a happy place. Relax and BREATHE. Get back into a routine (or do the best you can until you are in a place of your OWN). You CAN do this!!!
  24. Changes to Supplements and Training Programme

SUPPLEMENTS

ESSENTIALS

Creatine
    NeoVar Recomped: 2 caps 30 min pre-gym, 2 caps immediately post-gym, and 4 caps last thing at night (on NON-gym days - 2 caps immediately post-cardio, and 2 caps 20 min pre-meal later in the day, and 4 caps last thing at night).

Protein Powder/BCAA's/EAA's
    LG Lipotropic Protein: 40g (contains 31g protein per 40g) with breakfast (i.e. meal 1), 40g with meal 2, 40g with meal 4.

Good Fats
    Omega-Essentials: 2 caps immediately post-breakfast.

Vitamins/Minerals
    Complete-Balance: 2 caps immediately post-breakfast.
    Bio-Mend: 2 caps immediately post-breakfast.

OTHER

OsteoSport: 4 caps first thing in the morning.

IGF-2: 3 caps first thing in the morning, and 3 caps last thing at night.

Lipotrophin-PM: 2 caps first thing in the morning, and 2 caps last thing at night.

RPM: 2 caps 80 min pre-gym (NOT using on NON-gym days).

TRAINING

Cardio

Cardio is to be done either boxing, cycling, rowing, running, or skipping (or a combination).

HIIT
    3 x 20 min sessions per week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)

Steady-State
    3-4 x 20-30 min sessions per week (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday*, Sunday*)

Double Cardio
    1-4 x 20-30 min sessions per week (whatever day I feel like, but it will be done pm)

* If I have a Day Off it will be either Saturday or Sunday, but I may NOT even have one a week; just as my body requires.

Resistance Training

Resistance sessions have not been assigned to a particular day of the week; they will be done in the order Day 1 to Day 5 each week (most probably Monday to Friday).

Day 1- Full-Body
    Day 2 - Shoulders
    Day 3 - Arms
    Day 4 - Full-Body
    Day 5 - Back/Chest

Stretching

I stretch for 20-30 minutes a day, usually after my cardio.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 1099
    Last Post: 11-19-2012, 02:06 PM
  2. Replies: 623
    Last Post: 07-17-2011, 01:57 AM
  3. The Female Terminator Chronicles: REVOLUTION (2010)
    By Rosie Chee in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 198
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 07:30 PM
  4. Replies: 102
    Last Post: 07-22-2009, 06:01 AM
  5. Replies: 493
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 07:06 PM