Bending the Spoon. Enter the "Shred" Matrix...

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Shred Matrix is a Complete Fat Loss System with the purpose of:

>Eliminating Sugar and Sweet Cravings
>Controlling Appetite
>Increasing Lean Muscle Tissue
>Reducing the Absorption of Sugar
and Bad Carbohydrates

For more information on Shred Matrix, click the link below:

Musclepharm: Shred - Multi Level Fat Loss System

My Statistics:

Sex: Female
Body Weight: ~160 lb
Body Fat: 18-19%

Goals:

My goal is to get down to 15-16% BF, and at the same time gain and maintain strength. While I am at 15-16% BF, I would like to be capable of squatting 165-175 lb for 6 reps. I think this is a realistic goal, and I believe that MP's Shred Matrix is going to help me out a lot over the next month or so with my fat-loss.

The past few weeks I have been weight lifting twice a day, 4 days a week and have noticed a significant gain in strength. I don't think that this specific workout best targets weight loss though, so, with the help of my husband, I will be changing it up a little.

Other Supplementation:

BCAA's, Dextrose, Maltodextrin, Anobolic Innovation's "Essentials", Fish Oil, Multi, Juice Plus (on occasion) and lastly IBE's X-Dream, which I am also logging.

EDIT:Final Review and Pics are on Page 13.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Here are my "Before" Shred Matrix pictures:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Once again I'm inininininini so you may googogogogogogogo.

You look great, BW! I don't think you've ever posted a back photo before. You've really got some great muscle development.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Once again I'm inininininini so you may googogogogogogogo.

You look great, BW! I don't think you've ever posted a back photo before. You've really got some great muscle development.

Thank you. I realized that while I was taking X-force I lost fat on my lower back and butt area, but didn't have any pictures to show that loss- it was my first log. I decided to fix that in this one. Make some improvements. :)

Great to have you, Irish!

Interesting...

And I'm glad that you find it interesting, D3vilDog. :D

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So the quest begins.......

Nice start, this should be a good one.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I am going to be taking my first dose tomorrow. I will start with one pack, and take two if I find it necessary.

Any suggestions that you all might have are absolutely welcome, any advice is appreciated. :)

I will also be posting my workout up tomorrow, when I get back from the gym.

I'm lookin' forward to this! :D

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You knew D to the Adams would show up BW.

Adams

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wish you the best of luck with hitting your goals! Im in, Interested to so this stuff work..:thumbsup:

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You knew D to the Adams would show up BW.

Adams
:woohoo: Adams! Glad to see you! :D

Wish you the best of luck with hitting your goals! Im in, Interested to so this stuff work..:thumbsup:
Thanks Lifter! It's good to have you too. :D

So far I am very close to hitting my squatting goal of 175 lb, but I've got a way's to go with the fat loss.

The last few weeks I have gained a TON of strength and muscle, but my fat loss has come to a stop, it seems. :(

But that's ok, I've got Matrix now to fix that part, and I can Deadlift 200lb, so I think I'm doing alright. :)

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The rest of MP's stuff treated me quite well. Looking at the formulation, Shred Matrix should be no less effective for you ;)
I think you are right. :) Muscle Pharm seems to put out some good quality stuff.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I think you are right. :) Muscle Pharm seems to put out some good quality stuff.
What can I say, we're easy? :run:

My advice to you would be to make sure you drink a good amount of water while using the Shred. Also if you go to two packs a day try a 5 on 2 off schedule with the dosing, it will help you from building up a tolerance to the 5HTP and the Synepherine. If you need anything along the way you know you can shot me a PM.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
In, and one good lolcat deserves another. I figure that since you're cutting with shred matrix this one would be appropriate

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That's a strong looking back there BW.. Will be following your progress - good luck :thumbsup:

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What can I say, we're easy? :run:

My advice to you would be to make sure you drink a good amount of water while using the Shred. Also if you go to two packs a day try a 5 on 2 off schedule with the dosing, it will help you from building up a tolerance to the 5HTP and the Synepherine. If you need anything along the way you know you can shot me a PM.
I ended up doing a 5 on, 2 off with X-force actually, because I noticed a tolerance to stims building up.

Will certainly do the same thing with Shred if I take 2 packs a day.

Thanks for the advice, Miller! :)

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
In, and one good lolcat deserves another. I figure that since you're cutting with shred matrix this one would be appropriate

ohhhhh! so cute! :) :run:

>>>>>What can I say, I'm a woman. :D

Great to have you, Bob!

That's a strong looking back there BW.. Will be following your progress - good luck :thumbsup:
Thanks! Glad you can be a part of my log, Jakellpet! :D

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man, I would love to see Bear Grylls find one of those suckers.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Day 1

Shred Matrix: Day 1

I took my first dose of Shred Matrix this morning at 7:55, along with my breakfast. I left for the gym right away, and began lifting at 8:30. At about 8:35 I could really feel Shred kicking in. My temperature rose, I began sweating up a storm, and I felt somewhat nauseous. I also felt a small burst of energy while I was lifting.

I tried to drink a ton of water, because I know that SM will make you somewhat sick if you don't. So before taking the Shred Matrix pack I downed a liter, and while I was in the gym I drank 2- 3 liters. I also think that my peri- workout shake contributed a little to the nausea. Perhaps even the two combined while lifting.

Right now I am feeling kind of sleepy. I might lay down and take a nap this afternoon to recharge. I don't think that I will take a second pack today, since it is my first time trying this product out. I'll keep you updated today as to how I feel in regards to Shred.

Workout:

I am going to be working out 2 times a day, 4 days a week. I am doing a total body split, so I will either be doing upper or lower in the morning, and the other in the evening. For example, this morning I did lower body, so tonight I will do upper body.

Here is what I did this morning for my workout:

5x3

BB Squats (135lb)
BB Lunges (115lb)
Leg Extensions (100lb)
Seated Calf Raises (115lb)

I wish that I had increased the weight for my squats. I could have done at least 10 lb more. I just feel like my legs could have been worked a little harder. Something to improve next time.

After I'm done with my workout tonight, I will post it up.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That sounds like a great split you've got going, BW! I can't wait to start the new one that Resolve helped me with. Tomorroowwww!!!

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Shred Matrix: Day 1

I took my first dose of Shred Matrix this morning at 7:55, along with my breakfast. I left for the gym right away, and began lifting at 8:30. At about 8:35 I could really feel Shred kicking in. My temperature rose, I began sweating up a storm, and I felt somewhat nauseous. I also felt a small burst of energy while I was lifting.

I tried to drink a ton of water, because I know that SM will make you somewhat sick if you don't. So before taking the Shred Matrix pack I downed a liter, and while I was in the gym I drank 2- 3 liters. I also think that my peri- workout shake contributed a little to the nausea. Perhaps even the two combined while lifting.

Right now I am feeling kind of sleepy. I might lay down and take a nap this afternoon to recharge. I don't think that I will take a second pack today, since it is my first time trying this product out. I'll keep you updated today as to how I feel in regards to Shred.

Workout:

I am going to be working out 2 times a day, 4 days a week. I am doing a total body split, so I will either be doing upper or lower in the morning, and the other in the evening. For example, this morning I did lower body, so tonight I will do upper body.

Here is what I did this morning for my workout:

5x3

BB Squats (135lb)
BB Lunges (115lb)
Leg Extensions (100lb)
Seated Calf Raises (115lb)

I wish that I had increased the weight for my squats. I could have done at least 10 lb more. I just feel like my legs could have been worked a little harder. Something to improve next time.

After I'm done with my workout tonight, I will post it up.
Looks very promising BW, at 2 work outs a day, and seeing how this affected you already? I see no reason for you not to lose 4-5% BF:thumbsup:

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
That sounds like a great split you've got going, BW! I can't wait to start the new one that Resolve helped me with. Tomorroowwww!!!

Resolve put my entire workout together. :) He's better at it than I am, so I just give the job to him, and throw out suggestions. It certainly works out well! :)

Looks very promising BW, at 2 work outs a day, and seeing how this affected you already? I see no reason for you not to lose 4-5% BF:thumbsup:
I think you are right, LifterGym. I'm gonna try to get some Stair Steppin' in tonight as well. I think it will benefit me.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I look forward to seeing what you decided on. Just get lots of sleep and lots of clean food!

For BW, well be tweaking things a bit as we go - finding what suits her best. Starting off with 150g CHO on lifting days, which should be fine for 2/days. It's a whole different ball-game than lower frequency...

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
How tall are you? For being close to 160 you seem pretty lean.

I personally feel that your body looks perfect. I am biased, however, to the smoother lean bodies of women rather than women who are "cut." I hope you understand what I mean and that I didn't word it in an offensive way.

Goodluck, I will follow along and have my girl follow along too. Maybe you can hype her up!

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
Subbed because I am going to run this in Feb/Mar probably...

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
How tall are you? For being close to 160 you seem pretty lean.

I personally feel that your body looks perfect. I am biased, however, to the smoother lean bodies of women rather than women who are "cut." I hope you understand what I mean and that I didn't word it in an offensive way.

Goodluck, I will follow along and have my girl follow along too. Maybe you can hype her up!
I am 5'8-5'9. I'm pretty muscular. I was the same weight when I was 23% BF, and I just replaced all the fat with muscle while I was loggin' X-Force.

Any time that a guy tells me that I look "perfect", I'll take it! Ha, and I'll like it too! ;) Thanks! :D

2 workouts a day will def speed up the metabolism.
This is true. I have been hearing about how Shred Matrix really suppresses the appetite, but all day I have been hungry. For me this is a good thing. I want to be hungry. I am eating 2400 calories a day right now and I sometimes have a hard time getting down that much food. But when I have an appetite it makes it easy.

Probably when I take 2 packs a day of SM I'll feel the appetite suppressant kick in.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Evening Workout:

I took a nap from 1-2pm this afternoon. It really helped me re-charge for my second workout. It seemed like after about 12pm the energy of Shred Matrix had worn off, and all of its noticeable affects. I think I might take 2 packs tomorrow, if you all don't think that 2 would be too much, too soon. Let me know what you think.

2x15

DB Flat Bench Press (35 lb DB's)
Supersetted w/ DB Bent Rows (30 lb DB)

DB Incline Curls (20 lb DB)
Supersetted w/ Cable Tricep Extensions (50lb)

12 minutes of Stair Master.

I just got back from the gym- my workout was intense and I am beat.

I was happy with my bench. It felt a bit lighter than I expected, which means that I am getting stronger. Look forward to upping that weight next time.

Bent Rows were killer when supersetted with the bench. Man, my back and arms are hurting right now! :)

Curls sucked. I could barely do 20 lb DB's. First of all my arms were already shot, and that last superset pushed them over the edge. I had a huge pump while doing the curls and extensions- my arms were HUGE! I am having a hard time deciding whether I really like the size of them, or whether I find them too bulky. It doesn't really matter, I suppose, since I'm gonna' be losing fat which 'll make 'em look smaller either way.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
More Notes: Today I didn't notice less sugar or carb cravings. Perhaps this is something that will come along with taking two packs, as well as the appetite suppressant for me.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
DB Incline Curls always provide some hurtin for me. In a good way.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Shred Matrix: Day 2

I took Shred Matrix this morning at about 7:30, and within 45 minutes began feeling its affects. Just like yesterday, I was in the gym lifting and I began feeling really warm and sweating more than usual. I wasn't nauseas at all! :) I'm thinking that squats paired with taking Shred for the first time, and drinking a LOT of water made me sick during yesterday's workout. It wasn't JUST the Shred Matrix. There were a lot of factors that contributed to the nausea. I feel very energetic- much more than yesterday. I have a lot of energy right now- it is soooo nice! :woohoo:

My appetite is up right now as well. It may subside as the day goes on, I will just have to see. I'm thinking that I may take another pack of Shred Matrix before working out again tonight. I'll play it by ear; if I feel like I need some more energy tonight I'll take more.

Workout:

4x6

BB Military Press (70 & 80 lb)
Chin-ups (Body Weight)
DB Swings (25,30,35)
Hanging Leg Raises

15 minutes on the Stair Master

This whole workout felt very good. It was my first time doing DB Swings, so as you can see I was changing the weight up a lot, trying to find what I could realistically lift.

The Chin-ups were very difficult, I could barely finish the last set and I had Resolve spot me (he helped me out a little :)

Military Press was good, I've gotten stronger in that movement, which is encouraging.

I'll post up tonights workout later. :)

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
Im interested to see how this turns out.. lol. Looks like ur off to a start now :) Good luck!!

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Evening Workout:

3x12

BB Deadlifts (135, 135, 145lb)
Leg Curls (85 lb)
Back Extensions (Body Weight + 35lb plate)
Leg Press Calves (140lb)

I started feeling tired at around 2, so I took a nap until about 3:30. Even after my nap I was a little drowsy- Shred Matrix must have worn off and left me sleepy. I decided to take another pack with my 3:45pm meal. I started lifting at the gym around 4:30, and as I started doing my Deadlifts I felt a bit euphoric, very happy, and energized. Even after I had completed all of my movements I still felt strong and ready to do more. I had to keep myself from doing more cardio- I don't want to be overworked. :)

So, I think two packs is doing more for me than just one. I didn't feel overly stimmed out, I felt very good. :thumbsup:

This is kinda a side note. I find that once I take SM, for the next hour or 2 I burp a lot. Don't know what might cause that... :D

Diet:

I thought that I'd give you all an idea of what my diet is like right now:

With breakfast I have 40g of carbs, and peri workout I consume 25 g of maltodextrin/dextrose. Post workout I have another 25 carbs, and the rest of the day I am sticking to veggies.

Comes to about a total of 150g of carbs on workout days. That's pretty low for me. I think this is the lowest carb diet I have ever been on, considering that I am working out twice a day. On off days I will be consuming around 70 carbs.

Also I am eating 34g of Protein and 16 -17g of fat per meal.

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
:wave: BW!

Nice progress since your first log :thumbsup:

Was curious, would someone please explain the logic behind the SM promo line: “Reduces Absorption of Sugar and Bad Carbohydrates”
Looking at the ingredient profile, Phaseolamin is eye catching. It works by inhibiting alpha-amylase an enzyme secreted by the pancreas that converts starchy carbs into sugar. Phaseolamin therefore “neutralizes", to a degree, the calories coming from STARCHY carbs.
It does NOT however inhibit in any way the absorption of simple carbs
:nono:

Now, correct me if I’m wrong but since when have starchy complex carbs become the bad guys ? :confused: Unless (obviously), you consume them in excess
, but that goes for everything, I mean, even excess protein will "turn into fat", does that make protein itself a “bad” nutrient ?

I thought, (and especially in a weight loss program), you would give starches a preference (over simple carbs), due to their slow absorption and therefore insulin-stabilizing properties.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Was curious, would someone please explain the logic behind the SM promo line: “Reduces Absorption of Sugar and Bad Carbohydrates”
Looking at the ingredient profile, Phaseolamin is eye catching. It works by inhibiting alpha-amylase an enzyme secreted by the pancreas that converts starchy carbs into sugar. Phaseolamin therefore “neutralizes", to a degree, the calories coming from STARCHY carbs.

Now, correct me if I’m wrong but since when have starchy complex carbs become the bad guys ? :confused: Unless (obviously), you consume them in excess
, but that goes for everything, I mean, even excess protein will "turn into fat", does that make protein itself a “bad” nutrient ?

I thought, (and especially in a weight loss program), you would give starches a preference (over simple carbs), due to their slow absorption and therefore insulin-stabilizing properties.

The addition of Phaseolamin i would imagine is to control overall carb intake conversion and controlling blood glucose levels. Emphasizing slower digesting foods like protiens and fats. It has also shown to decrease postprandial (after a meal) release of insulin sometimes causing mild hypoglycemia.

The reason for it blocking/slowing starchy carbs over simple carbs is that generally simple carbs are already cut out when using weight loss diets. Potatoes, pasta, bread etc are all very difficult to give up in diets, much more than simple sugars.

Fortunately, phaseolamin only blocks the amount of energy (namely calories) being supplied by the starch itself. It does not affect the absorption of other nutrients contained within high-carbohydrate foods, such as vitamins, minerals and trace elements, so the benefits of these are not lost. In the absence of starch calories to burn, the body can redress the balance by using energy from stored fat reserves, which helps promote further weight loss.

A double-blind, human pilot study published in Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine found that those who ate the most carbohydrates and took a supplement containing Phase 2, lost significantly more weight and inches from their waist than the placebo group. When stratified by total carbohydrate intake, the Phase 2 group lost an average of 8.7 lbs and 3.3 inches off their waists, while the placebo group lost an average of 1.7 lbs and 1.3 inches. The results were statistically significant.

In a clinical trial performed by Jay Udani, MD (Assistant Clinical Professor at the UCLA School of Medicine), a randomly selected group of obese subjects were given 1500 mg of Phase 2 twice daily with meals. Over the period of the eight week trial, which 27 subjects completed, the group using Phase 2 showed an average weight loss of 3.79 pounds, compared with an average of 1.65 pounds for subjects taking a placebo. No adverse effects were observed during the trial. The study was published in Alternative Medicine Review, Volume 9, Number 2, March 2004.
(Phase2 is a marketed name for Phaseolamin)

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established

Piston did a good job explaining the Phaseolamin for the starches, but what if a few do get converted into simple sugars or you decide F*@& this diet Im eating some honey straight from the bear......
Well in that case some of the other nutrient repartioners in the Shred are going to kick in and help activate your active transport proteins at the cellular level so that your blood glucose levels will drop because of the increased uptake and sensitivity. The ingredients mainly responsible for this are Gymnema, ALA , Chronium, and the Corosolic acid in the Glucotriml. The effects of these are not going to be as strong as something like Anabolic Pump where you have to eat a good deal of carbs after but they will make a noticable difference if you do consume some extra carbs along the way. I really noticed the Sugar stop if I would take a Shred before my workout and then drink an intraworkout drink composed of PeptoPro and Dextrose. If done with correct timing this combination will help you retain a lot of muscle while cutting and maybe even gain a little bit despite a caloric deficit.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
wow ----------------------------------->
over my head! :rolleyes:

Great to have you, Dragonfly! Yay! I have another woman here! :woohoo: