Broc's Universal's BetaA9 and Intra-Aid (sponsored) log

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
For the next 25 days I'm tweaking my current supplment stack as a result of winning a pretty sweet promo on here. So instead of my normal super-saturation I have been doing (questions PM) I will be doing as follows:

3 Beta-Ala9 w/ breakfast along with Pak

Pre work out will be: 3 Beta-Ala9 and Animal Nitro
Intra-Aid during
Torrent and Animal Nitro post...

This actually came at a good poing as I'm starting to wind down my bulk (went from 226 in August to right around 250 this morning, put on some fat but thats to be expected)... I am trying to maintain this weight as I finish out 2008 and head in to a cut early in 2009.

I haven't taken any recent measurements sorry, but I'm due for some soon. So I'm sure they will be put up in here when I take them.

Thank again to Universal for the opportunity to log Beta-Ala9 and Intra-Aid. Thought and over all reviews of the product will come at the end.

The fun begins tomorrow with Chest and Bi's!

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Goodluck man I plan to make great use of these supps. I'm also using torrent postworkout. I like it thus far.

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
Goodluck man I plan to make great use of these supps. I'm also using torrent postworkout. I like it thus far.

I got a lot of other sups thrown in there too! I'm a Universal/Animal Junkie (they work for me so I stick with it)

It looks like this:

Pak with breakfast
Flex with meal 2
Omega with Meal 3

N-1T pre work out and before bed

And currently M-Stak!

Yeah I try to keep everything covered.

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
So out of curiosity I took some measurements today (it was an off day) to see where things stand:

12-3-08
Shoulders: 55"
Chest: 48"
Waist: 36 3/4" opps... See what eating anything and not doing cardio does....This will change soon have no fears!
Arms: 17 3/4"
Quads: 29"

Weight: 249.5

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Good luck on your supps! That's a nice bulk man! Everytime I go to bulk it gets old real fast! Can't wait for your cut up!

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
Good luck on your supps! That's a nice bulk man! Everytime I go to bulk it gets old real fast! Can't wait for your cut up!
Cut will come in Jan... Bulking is hard work for sure. Trying to choke down all the food you need to grow. It's eating like that which scares some people!!! Which is why I'm a fan of gainers like Real Gains... Liquid cals are easier to take in when you are full and still need to get your cals up.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
You know I'm in Broc. Do it up homie.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Will be doing something! You know that...:lol:

Yea but I meant besides farting to kill thousands and puking in a real gains bucket after squats. Those are a given ;)
:duel::icon_lol:

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
Yea but I meant besides farting to kill thousands and puking in a real gains bucket after squats. Those are a given ;)
:duel::icon_lol:

I opened the door for that one.. And then Hg was like: :trout:

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
I put on 20lb in one month the last time i was throwin in liquids after a heavy meal. 2000cal drinks once to twice a day after lunch. Was the strongest I'd ever been!!!!!!

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
I put on 20lb in one month the last time i was throwin in liquids after a heavy meal. 2000cal drinks once to twice a day after lunch. Was the strongest I'd ever been!!!!!!

Now that's what I'm talking about!!!:thumbsup:

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
Subbed. What up Broc!
My weight is up... From August! :icon_lol:

Look how much I been learning from Mr. Dead and Hg...

Nah in all seriousness man just finals and trying to keep some weight on for a few more weeks.

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
Chest and bis

incline DB Flyes pre- exhaust FTW
20 - 10 reps... worked up in incriments of 5 from 40 to 60

DB Flat bench
100 x 12; 110 x 10; 110 x 10; 110 x 10; 110 x 8

DB Incline press
2 x 10

ss/w

Pec Dec
2 x 10

Standing Alt. DB curls
lots of sets lost track 12-4 in rep range... Worked up in incriments of 5 from 35 to 50... last set at 60 then dropped to 30's x 8

Went all DB's so I could get in and get out! Back to studying... May be back around later on tonight.

The set up of supps. I had planed worked great! My energy and stamina held up throughout this... I figured it would though. These two products combined are great. And I got the tingles!!! :lol:

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Feelin all tingling in here?

Pressin 110's on the flat bench Broc? Gettin strong there my man.

Good stuff. Let's see where this one goes...

Hg

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
Feelin all tingling in here?

Pressin 110's on the flat bench Broc? Gettin strong there my man.

Good stuff. Let's see where this one goes...

Hg
yeah the tingles are fun...

I got them today from taking the BA9... Yes I'm taking it on off days too!

Today was an off day. Had a final (not fun at all)... Going to eat some Mexican a little later.

Tomorrow is Leg day, so this stack will be put to the test early in this log! After legs it's an all day study fest for anothr final on Monday.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
yeah the tingles are fun...

I got them today from taking the BA9... Yes I'm taking it on off days too!

Today was an off day. Had a final (not fun at all)... Going to eat some Mexican a little later.

Tomorrow is Leg day, so this stack will be put to the test early in this log! After legs it's an all day study fest for anothr final on Monday.

Finals are fun! Right? :nutkick: sorry bro :lol:

You know the reward comes later my man. It will pay tall dividends!

Kind of like all this lifting and eating ya know?

:thumbsup:

Hang tight through the finals bro...

Hg

TOYFORDOLET

TOYFORDOLET

Awards
  • Established
I'm in the same boat, next week is finals for me and I had 3 finals scheduled for Wednesday, at least I got one changed to Monday.

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
:bb3:So I finaly watched all of Blood & Guts! Yeah now I'm big time inspired... Anyway, Dorian looks like he has so much fun in it doing his leg day that I had to immulate it! Good choice, legs are toast! Plus I found new levels of intensity from that vid and have realize I have been slacking... So things are about to change starting with today!

[size=+1] WHEELZ [/size]

10 minute warm up on spin bike, last 2 were as hard as I could go... Blood flowing in the legs and starting to sweat

WU circuit like Dorian... Leg Ext; 2 100 lb pps on leg press x a lot; lying leg curls...

Let the fun begin

Leg Ext.
1 x 20; 1x 15; working set 220 x 10 last 4 were held for 3 secs at top... Rest Pause 6 more... all with fierce contractions! This was crazy fun!

Leg Press
1 x 20; 1 x 10; working set 12 pps x 8

lying leg curls
1 x 20; 1x 15; working set 150 x 8 RP 5 more.. hammies felt this for sure

hack squat
1 x 10; working set 3 pps x 8 dropped to 2 pps x 10 droped to 1 pps x 15

SLDL
1 x 15; working set 315 x 8 RP 4... PR on weight reps with the 12 total at 315!

Standing calves
2 x 20 heavy as I could go

Great day today! Legs are super fried!

Eating and studying the rest of the day!

Supps:

Pre- 3 BA9 and Animal Nitro
Intra- Intra-Aid
Post-Torrent and Nitro

The BA9 and Intra-Aid had me tingling again, but definitley helped me power through this one. It's standing up to the test just like I thought it would! Legs were swole, could be attributed to the blood flow + the CHO in Intra-Aid...

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
More fun today... Loving the slight change and having the HIT stuff working in. It's making things enjoyable... Busted *** tonight to relieve some of the stress from finals. Had a killer one today! So I was pretty worked up when it was time to get rolling on this one...

[size=+1]Delts, Tris, Abs [/size]

wu stuff to get rotator cuff ready and some blood in the delts...

Smitty Mils
1 x 20; 1x 10; 1 x 8; working set 1 x 5 --- I am starting to dislike doing them in the smitty machine more and more everytime I do them... The ROM does not seem natural for me and I feel some weird joint strain that is not present in regular BB seated/standing mils or on DB mils. Probably won't do them too much more in the smity...

seated Side laterals
1 x 15; 1 x 12; working set 1 x 10 full reps + 4 partials with a weight I had never got to on these. Was all amped up and things were clicking! Maybe I'll start packing some beef on my medial delts...

standing DB front raises
1 x 12; 1 x 10; working set 1 x 8 RP 6 more... Once again new weight used here! Delts felt like exploding

Bent DB raises
1 x 15; 1x 12; working set 1 x 10 RP 6 more... Heavy as I could go with good form! Grow rear delts GROW!!!

DB SHRUGS
1 x 30; 1 x 20 RP 15 --- with the gyms heaviest DB's... Sucks they are only 115's

Straight bar press downs
1 x 20; 1 x 15; working set x 12 (as heavy as possible) dropped x 8 drop x 10

Hammer Grip Skulls
1 x 10; working set x 10 + 4 FR

Revers grip single arm press downs
2 sets x 10

ABS
circuit of Hanging leg riases, haging knee raise and decline sit ups
2 sets x failure on each exercise with no breaks

Felt amazing after this one! All that needs to be said. Mega pumped and life is good!

Thoughts about he supps...

More tingles! It is definately attributed to the combination of the two supps...

Taking serving 1 of BA9 with breakfast and the other 30 minutes pre seems to be working well as my endurance is off the charts. Also my lactic acid build up is down.

IA... Enough said! I can't wait until the bring out a new flavor though as Blue Raz is not my favorite. I drink it for what it does though, and it does it well!

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Tingles seem to be doing you right. Nicely done Broc. Putting in that hella work...

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Pre workout = Dorian Yates
Intra workout = Universal
Post workout = The House of Pain

Nice stacking bro ;)

Always puttin in the work big Broc...

Hg

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
you two probably know me best on here... I got to do what I got to do!

You like that stack Hg... Its like this as far as growth goes :nutkick:

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
Parts Unknown! Oh no that's where the Ultimate Warrior is from...

Where you been Deadman? You just now finding this:think:
Been busy, over at those other 2 places...

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
Been busy, over at those other 2 places...
Yeah it always seems a lot slower over here... I been just busy lately! Off from school starting Thursday though and things well get exciting then...

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
you two probably know me best on here... I got to do what I got to do!

You like that stack Hg... Its like this as far as growth goes :nutkick:
Definitely one area where the old saying "No Pain, No Gain" applies bro.

Hg

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
Back to work today (oh did I make a pun)... Yep! Things continue to get more serious with each passing day and the more I start buying into this HIT. I love the feeling that occurs when you are about to puke after a rest pause set of deads, the extreme back splitting pump I got from BB rows. Seeing as how back is my second favorite body part to train I knew this one would be good so I cut loose and let my body have it...

Read up and enjoy, because I hurt like crazy right now and am enjoying every second of it!

[size=+1]BACK [/size]

Abbreviations: RP =rest pause; DS = Drop Set

deads
wu; 1 x 20; 1 x 15; 1x 8; working set 365 x 9 RP x 5... Was going to go at 315, but when I put the weight on and started it felt too light so I did the additional set of 8... 365 felt good when I got there form was on and everything clicked. My back was pumped from the get go...

BB Rows more upright like Dorian did them
1 x 15; 1 x 10; working set 275 x 9 RP x 5 -- Talk about a pump!

Wide Grip lat PD
1 x 20; 1x 15; working set 255 x 8 DS to 220 x 8

Rev. Grip Pull downs (narrow)
1 x 15; 1 x 10; working set 200 x 6 RP x 5

Simultaneous DB Rows
1 x 12; 1 x 8; working set 90 x 8 RP x 5

Back it Demolished!!! It's super tight. I felt like puking today multiple times, but just kept going. Got to keep growing, or I mean start growing!

Definatley neede the Intra-Aid to push through this one!

The BA9 helped too as I didn't get a major lactic acid build up...

I'm definatley sold on this combo!

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
Are you doing the 2 second holds, at the contraction, like Dorian does...?

Great session!!! Bet you were flying with those wings...

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
Are you doing the 2 second holds, at the contraction, like Dorian does...?

Great session!!! Bet you were flying with those wings...

I hold most everything for a good contraction. I don't really count to see if it's 2 seconds like Dorian, but what I'm doing burns like crazy so I'm sure I'm getting some growth spuring blood in there...

Upper body is beat from yesterdays delt/tri day and today... Good thing tomorrow is a rest day!

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
I hold most everything for a good contraction. I don't really count to see if it's 2 seconds like Dorian, but what I'm doing burns like crazy so I'm sure I'm getting some growth spuring blood in there...

Upper body is beat from yesterdays delt/tri day and today... Good thing tomorrow is a rest day!

Sounds to me like you've earned your day off big guy...

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
Sounds to me like you've earned your day off big guy...

Not a full off day... It looked like this this morning

Dreadmill (you know that thing you walk on and go no where) 35 minutes... Speed 3, incline 8.5%

Supps the same today. No Intra-Aid today.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Yeah one: WIDER and THICKER then my previous widest and thickest in that post... :trout:

Now we are on a roll!

Bigger than yesterday, smaller than tomorrow... - G Diesel

Hg

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
Oh you know whats coming from the title... Intensity was off the charts today. Partly because it was leg day, the other reason was that after my final this morning I am now 1/2 an attorney (by that I mean I'm halfway through school, YEAH BUDDY!)... So I wanted to hurt and punish my legs in celebration of an accomplishment that I can only attain once. I did some new things and successfully accomplished my goals! I can barely walk right now. Actaully it hurt to get on the treadmill to force the blood out immediately following this one... Enough chatter, enjoy this one I know I did!

[size=+1] WHEELZ BEST DAY OF THE WEEK [/size]

spin bike warm up 10 minutes working up to a level that was hard as hell to pedal at for about 1.5 minutes straight...

Leg Ext.
1 x 20; 1x 15; 1x 12; working set 220 x 12, dropped to 180 x 6 each held for 6 sec. at top, dropped to 140 x 8 each held at top for 3 seconds... Sweet is what this was!

Box Squats worked out to parallel, never did these before so this was a learning thing... kinda liked them
1 x 15; 1x 10; working set 405 x 4 dropped to 315 x 6 dropped to 225 until I could not stand... Let the bar down onto the safties unloaded it and racked it back. These were different for sure. All were paused like they are supposed to be on the bench. Yeah I did my homework and watched a lot of Power Lifting vids before breaking these out. Wanted to see what all the craze was about. These are fun and that is what matters! Hit my quads a lil different too.

Seated Calves
1 x 20; 1x 12; working set 4 pies x 8 dropped to 3 pies x 12 dropped to 2 pies x 12 dropped to 1 pie to fail...

Feet together Smitty squat Went until I bottomed all the way out, paused at that point then up
1 x 15; 1 x 10; working set 2pps x 8 drop to 1 pps to fail

Yeah I was cooking by now! Legs so full of blood I thought they were gonna explode!

lying leg curls
1 x 15; 1 x 12; working set 140 x 9 dropped to 100 x 9

DB SLDL toes on a 10 lb plate for more strech
1 x 15; 1 x 10; working set 115 x 8 rest pause x 4

Done, Finished, Hurting, Loving IT!!!

The new thing today was the box squats. They were fun. Hadn't done smitty squats like that for a while, they were a blast... Um I need to eat!

MY take on the Supps thus far
This combo is pushing me through these wo's. I may run one next week without them to log the drop off. As of right now I can still report that the lactic acid build up is not as bad when I'm on BA9. I also am noticably fuller when drinking IA.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Yeah one: WIDER and THICKER then my previous widest and thickest in that post... :trout:
That's what I like to hear. Great minds thinking alike. Way to destroy the wheelz and wrap up your exams B. :thumbsup:

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
1/2 Attorney, 100% Animal!

Way to blast the wheelz bro. Very nice...

Hg