Broc's Universal's BetaA9 and Intra-Aid (sponsored) log - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 4

Broc's Universal's BetaA9 and Intra-Aid (sponsored) log

Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Great work as always Broc. Behind the back shrugs is serious business!

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.

I do them on the smith machine myself. They hit the traps like no other shrug for me.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    I do them on the smith machine myself. They hit the traps like no other shrug for me.
    I am one of the only people you will find who is not a major fan of the smith machine. Too restrictive on the natural motion of things.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.

Legs. Best day of the week! Not for the weak at heart!

WHEELZ

wu on dreadmill

leg ext
    1 x 20; 1 x 20; 1 x 15; working set 255 x 9 - What a way to start PR

Squats ATG
    1 x 20; 1 x 15; 1 x 15 (went to heavy made working set hell); working set 365 x 8 + 1 forced --- Wanted that 10! I sucked it big time!

Hack Squats
    1 x 15; 1 x 15; working set 4pps x 11

Standing Calves
    1 x 15; 1 x 12; working set x 8 heavy as I could go no our machine here

lying leg curls
    1 x 15; 1 x 12; working set was only 110 x 8 all held for 4 count. Ham is still messed up a tad and is hampering my power.

DB SLDL
    1 x 15; 1 x 12; working set 110 x 10 --- These helped the ham feel better. Probably the stretch. I did a lot of it post work out too.

Seated Calves
    1 x 15; working set 4 pies x 9

Walking DB lunges
    2 trips (down and back bout 15 steps each way) with 60's in hand

Animal Nitro

Cool down on spin bike.

Gummi Bears and 60g whey Iso while streching.

Felt pretty good today. Nothing crazy just solid work. Legs are tourched! We will see how this Gummi Bear mess goes. Got to get some sugar in Stretching post work out felt great. Really helped my hammie loosen up. I may need to see a chrio bout it to get me lined up and ready to really rock. Was super fun today. People were staring like this at some points and shaking heads at others. I had to demonstarte calf raises for a new memeber when one of the ladies that helps run the place asked me too. It got a topic started about our hack squat machine (not my fav) and I suggested a Power Squat Machine. The lady who does most of the requests at budget meetings pulled me aside when I was leaving and asked me about it and said she would see what she could do. Last time I asked for something (105 - 115 lb dbs) we got them. So I'm going to keep my fingers corssed on it.

Supps: They are still performing. I can't make it through these torture sessions with out IA I feel. I may run a day without it to see if my performance drops. If I do I will report about it in here for sure.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by B Con View Post
    Great work as always Broc. Behind the back shrugs is serious business!

Business is good though!
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

You are on a roll in here bro. Keep building the bigger and better Broc!

Hg
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

Just got caught up on your last 3 workouts. Doin' damage as always! Keep up the hard work bro.:bb3:
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Nice leg workout. looks tiresome bro. A cool down would be close to a drive home for me. awesome job.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.

Do you do leg ext first to try to pre-fatigue your quads for squats?
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoomgar View Post
    You are on a roll in here bro. Keep building the bigger and better Broc!

Hg
    Definatley trying to Hg...

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood97 View Post
    Just got caught up on your last 3 workouts. Doin' damage as always! Keep up the hard work bro.:bb3:
    Work will never be done. Just paying my dues right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravoboy View Post
    Nice leg workout. looks tiresome bro. A cool down would be close to a drive home for me. awesome job.
    Tiresome maybe. Leg day is fun though so I dont notice it. I have to cool down or all the blood is in my legs and now where else in my body.

Yes. Pre-exhaust forces you to use good form or you risk injury. I feel it is a truer representation of what you can squat too compared to doing them fresh.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.

behind so here are my last 3 work outs

The Beating

wu

Incline DB Flyes
    1 x 20; 1 x 15; 1 x 12; working set 85 x 9 --- By 7 they hurt to high hell and my upper chest was full of blood! Plowed through 2 more though

DB Flat Bench
    1 x 15; 1 x 12; working set 115 x 9 -- Same feeling as with flyes. Pre exhaust FTW! These are my gym's biggets DBs

Incline DB Press
    1 x 15; 1 x 12; working set 100 x 10 -- Hella pumped

Cable Crossovers
    1 x 15; working set 100 per hand (some say to divide by 2 this confuses me as each is marked 100 and have seperate stacks they are on. Someone aware me!) x 9 all held for 3 count except last one I held it until my chest felt like it would explode

BW Dips leaning forward to hammer my chest
    15 slow negatives on all

Standing Alt DB Curls
    1 x 20; 1 x 15; 1 x 12; working set 60 x 6

Preacher Machine
    1 x 15; working set 80 (on the old machine there it feels like a ton) x 5 dropped to 55 to fail

Intra-Aid during.

Animal Nitro before Bis

Gummi Bears and 60g Iso whey post

The pump was sick today! I hit a side chest midway through this one and looked about 2 foot thick! Nothing better than that. Bis are smoked and full of blood and looking huge.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

BACK

warm up on dreadmill

Strongest Range
    1 x 20; 1 x 20; 1 x 12; 1 x 10 (495); working set 1 x 7 at 545 --- Whole back was pumped end of story!

V handle pull downs
    1 x 20; 1 x 12; working set 245 x 7 -- All had a 2 count up.

Yates Rows all dead lifted from floor
    1 x 15; 1 x 10; working set 315 x 8 all clean

(impormptu hang clean of 225 while putting weights up and stripping the bar. Nailed it although my form is rusty from not doing these in over a year)

Wide Grip Pull down
    1 x 15; working set 265 x 8 --- All for 2 count up so almost negative. Big contraciton at the bottom. Whole back was being activated

DB rows
    1 x 12; working set 115 (gyms biggest DB) x 18 each arm with no break. All contraction held for a count then slow negative. Felt like running a marathon, but I'm out of weight!!! WTH am I going to do?

Hypers
    1 set of 8 really slow up held for 5 count let down for 3 count. Really finished this one off.

Gummi Bears and 60g Iso Whey post

My back is super pumped! I was moving everything smooth like and with authority tonight. Just another day of growing. Work as usual. Cool thing is though I got so pumped I made my 2X shirt look stretch from my lats being so full down to where I V off at. Nice optical illusion going on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Burn

wu with the pink 3lb dbs at our gym.

Seated DB Mils
    1 x 20; 1x 20; 1 x 15; 1 x 8; working set 100 x 6

Cable Side Laterals Behind the back
    1 x 15; 1 x 15; 1 x 12; working set 70 x 7 each arm

Upright rows
    1 x 15; 1 x 12; working set 135 x 8 --- All with slow negative.

Bent DB Laterals
    1 x 15; 1 x 12; working set 75 x 8

V -Bar press downs
    1 x 20; 1 x 15; 1 x 12; working set 210 x 9 --- All held for max contraction at bottom 2 count up. Hurt and my tris blew the hell up!

Incline Skull crushers
    1 x 15; working set 145 x 8 + 2 forced --- Got to get growing! PR for this particular set up.

Single arm Press downs
    working set of 50 x 12 each arm -- up in weight next week!

Animal Nitro about mid way through washed down with Intra- Aid...

Gummi Bears and 60g Iso Whey post

Great stuff this morning. My shoulders are flipping weak! end story. MMC was silly and everything is sore now.

I have been eating spot on. I have been more focused than ever as of late. This is apparent in how sore I'm staying. I think my new found deeper MMC is allowing me to stimulate muscles at a much deeper level. I literally feel as if I have been thrown under a bus (in a good way)...

Cant wait to have some cheat food (crave food) tomorrow!

Have a great weekend... Stay safe, train hard, and Enjoy Yourselves!

I am getting close to completing this log I think. I only have one more serving on my Intra-Aid. At which point I will write up full final thoughts on this combo.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

No, never do. I have been on the stair climber alot lately and i enjoy getting a great burn before legs. I superset alot with step-ups and lunges even with my leg press so i do get plenty fatigued by my second station or superset.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.

Thanks guys interesting input.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.

Yeah I do it this way often. I have found that as you can squat more and more weight the best way to ensure that you hit the muscles correctly and use proper form as to prevent injury is to pre-exhaust. This forces you to mentally move the weight and do so properly instead of heave hoing it around.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.

I have been in a bog with school. I'm sorry I havent gotten to a final review yet. will try to this week.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BS55 View Post
    I have been in a bog with school. I'm sorry I havent gotten to a final review yet. will try to this week.
    Don't worry about it B. Looking forward to your review. You have done a great job with this log.
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

Thumbs up

Don't worry about it B. Looking forward to your review. You have done a great job with this log.

x2 this homie, we know you have been paying your dues and look forward to reading your final write up. When you get time busy guy. Some people have more goals in life than just to grow big and we know that about you!

Hg
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  201 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Thumbs up

x2 this homie, we know you have been paying your dues and look forward to reading your final write up. When you get time busy guy. Some people have more goals in life than just to grow big and we know that about you!

Hg
    What they said...
  19. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.

So behind on getting this up... I am truly sorry.

I will beging with Intra-Aid. I have no extra to say that hasn't already been said in a review, beta-test, or just in general comments.

Results
    As far as effectiveness goes IA is a 10. It covers everything I need to get growing in the midst of my work out. I can literally feel a swelling affect when I train using it.

Taste
    I am not a blue Raz fan so the taste to me is a 7/10. Only becasue the flavor is not my favorite. I drink it for the results it produces, which is why it led the way in the final review. I am excited about the new citrus flavor about to be luanced though, as I am a big fan of citrus flavored things. So this I'm sure will go up to atleast an 8.5 at that point as Universal usually has their flavoring on!

Price
    This one was free... lol No I have purchased more than my share of tubs. It is cost effective, like every other product in the U's line up. That is why I use it. 9/10

Over All
    9/10- Despite not liking Blue Raz. It is too effective not to use, regardless of taste.

Beta Ala9

Results
    I love this product and I'm pretty sure I'm hooked on it now. It will remain in my supp stack for a while. It effectively does it's job in helpin blut the Acid build up in set, which enables me to train harder and longer. It would be hard to get to the levels in work outs I do without it.

IMO this product is a 10/10 as it is not over priced anddoes what it's supposed to as evidenced by the tingles.

Thanks for the opprotunity to log these products. Once again I'm sorry for the delay in geting this up. It was short, but there is already a ton on these products alone so there is no need to repeat that which has been said. I simply wanted to add my $.02.
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

Thumbs up

Thanks for the review bro. You put in some serious work during this time and I'm glad the stack was along for the ride to help ya out. Glad to hear you did so well with it.

Hg
  21. UniversalUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by BS55 View Post
    So behind on getting this up... I am truly sorry.

I will beging with Intra-Aid. I have no extra to say that hasn't already been said in a review, beta-test, or just in general comments.

Results
    As far as effectiveness goes IA is a 10. It covers everything I need to get growing in the midst of my work out. I can literally feel a swelling affect when I train using it.

Taste
    I am not a blue Raz fan so the taste to me is a 7/10. Only becasue the flavor is not my favorite. I drink it for the results it produces, which is why it led the way in the final review. I am excited about the new citrus flavor about to be luanced though, as I am a big fan of citrus flavored things. So this I'm sure will go up to atleast an 8.5 at that point as Universal usually has their flavoring on!

Price
    This one was free... lol No I have purchased more than my share of tubs. It is cost effective, like every other product in the U's line up. That is why I use it. 9/10

Over All
    9/10- Despite not liking Blue Raz. It is too effective not to use, regardless of taste.

Beta Ala9

Results
    I love this product and I'm pretty sure I'm hooked on it now. It will remain in my supp stack for a while. It effectively does it's job in helpin blut the Acid build up in set, which enables me to train harder and longer. It would be hard to get to the levels in work outs I do without it.

IMO this product is a 10/10 as it is not over priced anddoes what it's supposed to as evidenced by the tingles.

Thanks for the opprotunity to log these products. Once again I'm sorry for the delay in geting this up. It was short, but there is already a ton on these products alone so there is no need to repeat that which has been said. I simply wanted to add my $.02.
    Thanks for the review. For the record, a new Intra-Aid flavor should be available shortly.
  22. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.

Thanks for the review bro. You put in some serious work during this time and I'm glad the stack was along for the ride to help ya out. Glad to hear you did so well with it.

Hg
    This is as solid a stack as it gets. Very useful for periods when someone would want to lay off the stims.

Quote Originally Posted by Universal Rep View Post
    Thanks for the review. For the record, a new Intra-Aid flavor should be available shortly.
    I'm excited for the new flavor for sure. You guys just keep great things coming. You are very welcome for the review. It was a honor to be able to put these two supps to the test for Universal.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 107
    Last Post: 02-10-2009, 02:02 PM
  2. Replies: 331
    Last Post: 12-09-2008, 08:53 AM
  3. (Sponsored ) Smeton put's Universal's Intra-aid to the test
    By John Smeton in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 11-22-2008, 01:34 AM
  4. Universal Intra-Aid.....
    By DrkZoolander in forum Supplement Logs