Broc's Universal's BetaA9 and Intra-Aid (sponsored) log

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by MrDead View Post
    Where am I...?
    Parts Unknown! Oh no that's where the Ultimate Warrior is from...

Where you been Deadman? You just now finding this

2. Red face

Quote Originally Posted by BS55 View Post
    Parts Unknown! Oh no that's where the Ultimate Warrior is from...

Where you been Deadman? You just now finding this
    Been busy, over at those other 2 places...
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by MrDead View Post
    Been busy, over at those other 2 places...
    Yeah it always seems a lot slower over here... I been just busy lately! Off from school starting Thursday though and things well get exciting then...
  4. Cool

you two probably know me best on here... I got to do what I got to do!

You like that stack Hg... Its like this as far as growth goes
    Definitely one area where the old saying "No Pain, No Gain" applies bro.

Hg

5. Quote Originally Posted by Hoomgar View Post
    Definitely one area where the old saying "No Pain, No Gain" applies bro.

Hg
    Truth!
    •   

6. Back to work today (oh did I make a pun)... Yep! Things continue to get more serious with each passing day and the more I start buying into this HIT. I love the feeling that occurs when you are about to puke after a rest pause set of deads, the extreme back splitting pump I got from BB rows. Seeing as how back is my second favorite body part to train I knew this one would be good so I cut loose and let my body have it...

Read up and enjoy, because I hurt like crazy right now and am enjoying every second of it!

BACK

Abbreviations: RP =rest pause; DS = Drop Set

deads
    wu; 1 x 20; 1 x 15; 1x 8; working set 365 x 9 RP x 5... Was going to go at 315, but when I put the weight on and started it felt too light so I did the additional set of 8... 365 felt good when I got there form was on and everything clicked. My back was pumped from the get go...

BB Rows more upright like Dorian did them
    1 x 15; 1 x 10; working set 275 x 9 RP x 5 -- Talk about a pump!

Wide Grip lat PD
    1 x 20; 1x 15; working set 255 x 8 DS to 220 x 8

Rev. Grip Pull downs (narrow)
    1 x 15; 1 x 10; working set 200 x 6 RP x 5

Simultaneous DB Rows
    1 x 12; 1 x 8; working set 90 x 8 RP x 5

Back it Demolished!!! It's super tight. I felt like puking today multiple times, but just kept going. Got to keep growing, or I mean start growing!

Definatley neede the Intra-Aid to push through this one!

The BA9 helped too as I didn't get a major lactic acid build up...

I'm definatley sold on this combo!

7. Are you doing the 2 second holds, at the contraction, like Dorian does...?

Great session!!! Bet you were flying with those wings...

8. Quote Originally Posted by MrDead View Post
    Are you doing the 2 second holds, at the contraction, like Dorian does...?

Great session!!! Bet you were flying with those wings...

I hold most everything for a good contraction. I don't really count to see if it's 2 seconds like Dorian, but what I'm doing burns like crazy so I'm sure I'm getting some growth spuring blood in there...

Upper body is beat from yesterdays delt/tri day and today... Good thing tomorrow is a rest day!

9. I do my bb rows like dorian too.

10. Quote Originally Posted by BS55 View Post
    I hold most everything for a good contraction. I don't really count to see if it's 2 seconds like Dorian, but what I'm doing burns like crazy so I'm sure I'm getting some growth spuring blood in there...

Upper body is beat from yesterdays delt/tri day and today... Good thing tomorrow is a rest day!

Sounds to me like you've earned your day off big guy...

11. Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    I do my bb rows like dorian too.

I vary from time to time, but have found that doing them this way makes my back the widest and thickest...

12. Quote Originally Posted by Hoomgar View Post
    Sounds to me like you've earned your day off big guy...

Not a full off day... It looked like this this morning

Dreadmill (you know that thing you walk on and go no where) 35 minutes... Speed 3, incline 8.5%

Supps the same today. No Intra-Aid today.

13. Quote Originally Posted by BS55 View Post
    I vary from time to time, but have found that doing them this way makes my back the widest and thickest...
    Is there any other way to be?

14. Quote Originally Posted by B Con View Post
    Is there any other way to be?
    Yeah one: WIDER and THICKER then my previous widest and thickest in that post...
  15. Cool

Yeah one: WIDER and THICKER then my previous widest and thickest in that post...

Now we are on a roll!

Bigger than yesterday, smaller than tomorrow... - G Diesel

Hg

16. Quote Originally Posted by Hoomgar View Post
    Now we are on a roll!

Bigger than yesterday, smaller than tomorrow... - G Diesel

Hg

I love that quote!

17. Oh you know whats coming from the title... Intensity was off the charts today. Partly because it was leg day, the other reason was that after my final this morning I am now 1/2 an attorney (by that I mean I'm halfway through school, YEAH BUDDY!)... So I wanted to hurt and punish my legs in celebration of an accomplishment that I can only attain once. I did some new things and successfully accomplished my goals! I can barely walk right now. Actaully it hurt to get on the treadmill to force the blood out immediately following this one... Enough chatter, enjoy this one I know I did!

WHEELZ BEST DAY OF THE WEEK

spin bike warm up 10 minutes working up to a level that was hard as hell to pedal at for about 1.5 minutes straight...

Leg Ext.
    1 x 20; 1x 15; 1x 12; working set 220 x 12, dropped to 180 x 6 each held for 6 sec. at top, dropped to 140 x 8 each held at top for 3 seconds... Sweet is what this was!

Box Squats worked out to parallel, never did these before so this was a learning thing... kinda liked them
    1 x 15; 1x 10; working set 405 x 4 dropped to 315 x 6 dropped to 225 until I could not stand... Let the bar down onto the safties unloaded it and racked it back. These were different for sure. All were paused like they are supposed to be on the bench. Yeah I did my homework and watched a lot of Power Lifting vids before breaking these out. Wanted to see what all the craze was about. These are fun and that is what matters! Hit my quads a lil different too.

Seated Calves
    1 x 20; 1x 12; working set 4 pies x 8 dropped to 3 pies x 12 dropped to 2 pies x 12 dropped to 1 pie to fail...

Feet together Smitty squat Went until I bottomed all the way out, paused at that point then up
    1 x 15; 1 x 10; working set 2pps x 8 drop to 1 pps to fail

Yeah I was cooking by now! Legs so full of blood I thought they were gonna explode!

lying leg curls
    1 x 15; 1 x 12; working set 140 x 9 dropped to 100 x 9

DB SLDL toes on a 10 lb plate for more strech
    1 x 15; 1 x 10; working set 115 x 8 rest pause x 4

Done, Finished, Hurting, Loving IT!!!

The new thing today was the box squats. They were fun. Hadn't done smitty squats like that for a while, they were a blast... Um I need to eat!

MY take on the Supps thus far
    This combo is pushing me through these wo's. I may run one next week without them to log the drop off. As of right now I can still report that the lactic acid build up is not as bad when I'm on BA9. I also am noticably fuller when drinking IA.

18. Quote Originally Posted by BS55 View Post
    That's what I like to hear. Great minds thinking alike. Way to destroy the wheelz and wrap up your exams B.
  19. Cool

1/2 Attorney, 100% Animal!

Way to blast the wheelz bro. Very nice...

Hg

20. Quote Originally Posted by B Con View Post
    That's what I like to hear. Great minds thinking alike. Way to destroy the wheelz and wrap up your exams B.

You know how it is... You are living it too!

21. Quote Originally Posted by Hoomgar View Post
    1/2 Attorney, 100% Animal!

Way to blast the wheelz bro. Very nice...

Hg
    Thanks for your support Hg! means a lot...

22. Off today... Took my BA9 with breakfast and will take another serving later on today.

Tomorrow is Chest and Bi's at a gym I love in Ohio. Should be Rocking!

23. Quote Originally Posted by BS55 View Post
    Off today... Took my BA9 with breakfast and will take another serving later on today.

Tomorrow is Chest and Bi's at a gym I love in Ohio. Should be Rocking!

Have a great time there bro. Make sure someone takes lots of pictures!

24. Quote Originally Posted by Hoomgar View Post
    Have a great time there bro. Make sure someone takes lots of pictures!
    Deanna should have that covered. I will have my camera on hand too. I will have to make sure and get them up on photobucket quickly this time.

25. Chest and Bi's went a little like this at the ABC on Sat.:

Incline BB press
    wu; 1 x 12; 1x 8; working set 275 x 5 + 2 FR - Talk about starting off right. My chest filled up quick on these.

DB Flat Bench
    1 x 12; 1x 10; working set 125's x 6 + 2 FR -- PR! All that needs be said there.

Cable Cross overs
    1 x 15; 1 x 12; working set 95 x 7 + 2 FR

Hammer Curls
    1 x 15; 1x 10; working set 70's x 8 dropped to 40 x 10 -- Bi's felt it for sure!

Preacher curl Machine

1 x 15; 1 x 10; impromptu squat your BW for reps contest 250 x 20 (sucked, legs still toast from Thrusdays punishment so this was hell!) then working set 8 reps dropped weight 8 more

DB Alt Curls
    1 x 10; 1 x 8; working set 55 x 8 dropped to 35 x 12

felt my chest needed one more to be toast so:

Incline DB Flyes
    1 x 14; wroking set 65 x 9 + 2 FR

Great day! That gym really gets me going... Atmosphere there is crazy! People were flat giving it some hell and well that type of energy feeds everyone.

Supps were great as usual. Not as noticable with the tingles now either. Still working though, as I dont have any let off during my wo's

Off today. Delts, Tris, and Abs tomorrow.

26. Nice bicep numbers. I want to do that workout right now. As soon as i get going with my DC style again. I'm gonna come back and follow some of your workouts. nice to change it up some. Just lettin this shoulder get 100% in the meantime.
  27. Thumbs up

Very nice, heavy looking workout at the ABC Broc. Looks like it was another awesome event.

Hg

28. I miss the impromptu squat contests we had for football training.

29. Yesterday's Delt, Tri, and Ab session

Hit delts, tris, and abs at The Fitness Center (gym at home) this evening. Things got all jumbled up and I ended up training alone. Used to it by now. Should have the crew in the morning for back though. Anyway some parts were good of this one others not so much.

Delts, Tris,Abs

wu

Seated DB Mils
    wu; 1x 20; 1x 10; working set 105 x 4 dropped to 75 x 8... Stupid weak shoulders. They must get stronger! Oh well first part of working set was a PR so it kinda got things rolling.

Standing Side Laterals
    1x 15; 1x 12; working set 65 x 3 ( perfect form) x 3 (cheat reps) drop to 35 to total failure... ouch!

BB Front Raises
    1 x 15; 1 x 10; working set 135 x 6 drop to 65 x 10

Bent DB Laterals
    1 x 15; 1x 12; working set 70 x 6 dropped to 45 x 6... rear delts are toast!

BB Shrugs
    2 sets of 12 reps; working set 495 x 7 drop to 405 x 7... traps now hate me!

Straigh Bar Press Downs
    1x 20; 1 x 15; working set 185 x 9 Rest Pause x 3 more.

Skullies

1 x 15; 1 x 10; working set 145 x 4 + 3 forced reps... pumped like crazy!

Tri Darts
    1 x15; 1 x 10; working set 40 x 7 + 2 forced.

weighted sit ups
    4 x 20 w/ 35

Got some blood in the muscles. Maybe my delts will start growing! UGH...

The supps:

No noticable tingles... Endurance is still up and I look really full by midway through my work out thanks to Intra-Aid.

30. Quote Originally Posted by Bravoboy View Post
    Nice bicep numbers. I want to do that workout right now. As soon as i get going with my DC style again. I'm gonna come back and follow some of your workouts. nice to change it up some. Just lettin this shoulder get 100% in the meantime.

I have looked at DC some. I think with my mentality it would produce some brutal results.

I work out like Dorian Yates. He is probably my favorite bodybuilder, and his stuff works if done correctly. Well that and I think my body responds well to it.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 107
    Last Post: 02-10-2009, 04:02 PM
  2. Replies: 331
    Last Post: 12-09-2008, 10:53 AM
  3. (Sponsored ) Smeton put's Universal's Intra-aid to the test
    By John Smeton in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 11-22-2008, 03:34 AM
  4. Universal Intra-Aid.....
    By DrkZoolander in forum Supplement Logs