Volcom's Optimus PRIME Log

Page 6 of 41 First ... 4567811 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    I started my prime run this morning! Should be interesting for both of us bro!!
    are you doing a log
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by thundergod View Post
    Yeah, I miss the body-buzz. I'm almost 2 weeks post-PRIME now. That's the thing I'm missing the most. And the constant flexing. That was a strange but enjoyable side effect. I think the constant flexing made my muscles harder. Arnold used to say this. He said he would flex for hours after a workout.
    i flex for hours after my workouts.....sometimes i yell while im doing it...Arnold told me that.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Australian made View Post
    i flex for hours after my workouts.....sometimes i yell while im doing it...Arnold told me that.
    hahaha.

"scream really loud when you pose high and scream low when you pose low, that'll get the judges attention" [Arnold giving bad, humerous advice to a newbie]
    NSCA - CSCS
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    What about euphoria or Muscle Buzz as TG and I like to call it. It seems that the most positive responders experience this very early.

Wow I am surprised after the baselines you set that you are experiencing this kind of strength so early. Maybe your a Super responder...
    I haven't experienced any non-workout related euphoria. I had the usual post workout endorphin rush and that felt pretty good for a couple hours, but that's normal.

I'm not quite sure what a muscle buzz is, so I wouldn't know if I experienced it, could someone refresh for me?

As for the strength increase. I have been this strong and stronger on the flat bench before, so its not as radical of a gain say if they were all time PR's. I won't be nearing the realm of all time PR's until I'm hitting 315lbs for 6+ reps (without a spotter who clean and jerks the bar). With that said, I didn't expect to hit the next notch on the ladder so quickly.
    NSCA - CSCS
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    And the phenomenon begins.. nice 'placebo effect' for the first day there Sam..

BTW - Udo's Oil is a blend that contains coconut oil. Not in the dose you're looking for, but it's a well-rounded profile..
    Udo's oil something I can pick up at Trader Joe's or something? Sounds Japanese, I'll definitely look into it. Until then, I've got my peanuts.
    NSCA - CSCS
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

And by believing it, you become more than you are. You must perceive it to receive it. And once you believe it, you will achieve it. But you have to truly believe. I used to tell my workout partners, "The Army says to be all you can be. But I say, Be more than you are"!!

Big V, you are gonna love the remainder of this journey. And that is what I truly believe!
    Always the inspirational and motivational speaker.
    NSCA - CSCS
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

I started my prime run this morning! Should be interesting for both of us bro!!
    SWEET! Best of luck!
    NSCA - CSCS
  8. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Udo's oil something I can pick up at Trader Joe's or something? Sounds Japanese, I'll definitely look into it. Until then, I've got my peanuts.
    Japenese huh? Well close I guess, I think it comes outta Canada.. I'm not familiar with Trader Joe's, but I know GNC & Vitamin Shoppe carry it, and all your good online chains have it. I started using this stuff this yr., it's quickly become my preferred good-fat source.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Japenese huh? Well close I guess, I think it comes outta Canada.. I'm not familiar with Trader Joe's, but I know GNC & Vitamin Shoppe carry it, and all your good online chains have it. I started using this stuff this yr., it's quickly become my preferred good-fat source.
    Is there any particular reason I couldn't spoon down some Olive Oil with my doses? Or are you guys simply suggesting a superior method? Coconut oil helps boost test right?
    NSCA - CSCS
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

Is there any particular reason I couldn't spoon down some Olive Oil with my doses? Or are you guys simply suggesting a superior method? Coconut oil helps boost test right?
    Whale blubber, IMO.
  11. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Olive oil would be sufficient. On a personal note tho, I like to supplement with more than just EVOO..
    Coconut oil does help boost test, yes. Again, this is part of why I like the Udo's blend.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Olive oil would be sufficient. On a personal note tho, I like to supplement with more than just EVOO..
    Coconut oil does help boost test, yes. Again, this is part of why I like the Udo's blend.
    Then I'll go shopping for some Udo. That sounds like a Japanese rice noodle soup. Anyhoo. If not Trader Joe's, then I'll go into GNC and hope the stink of BS doesn't stick on my clothes when I leave. Thanks Chef.
    NSCA - CSCS
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Whale blubber, IMO.
    Can't be any worse them Timber's suggestion of Bacon grease.
    NSCA - CSCS
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

What's the price tag of this Udo oil you speak of? I may find myself in Vitamin Shoppe when I get some new clothes next week at the outlets.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

What's the price tag of this Udo oil you speak of? I may find myself in Vitamin Shoppe when I get some new clothes next week at the outlets.
    I guess Udos is a combo of MCT's and other oils ?

Nutra sells MCT Gold for 15 bucks for 32 oz's...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

H-Drol Q&A for the fellas

I'm looking into the future, post PRIME of course, about an H-Drol run. Through gathering information from helpful members, I've gathered a stockpile list and would like your guys' input (yay or nay's, take away or add).

1. H-Drol (1 bottle) $27.99: 50mg daily/30 days.
    2. Cycle Assist (1 bottle) $27.99/30 days.
    3. Fish Oils
    4. Vitamin C
    5. Multi's

PCT
    1. 6 OXO Extreme (1 bottle) $36.95/15 days
    2. DTHC (already in hand). 6caps/day/20 days
    3. Icarriin-50 (already in hand). 1000mg/day/15 days
    4. Post Cycle Support (1 bottle) $41.95/30 days

sub-total: $134.88 minimum (not including fish oils, vit C, multi, tax, shipping & handling)

It was suggested through a couple people that a SERM was not necessary for an H-drol run. I can get it if need be. I have a lot of time to plan and stockpile. Thanks guys.

My max budget for this venture is under $200. It's not sealed in stone that I'm going to do this, I'm just getting my bearings before I give the official thumbs up/thumbs down.
    NSCA - CSCS
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

I really think a higher dose of H-drol would suit you better. It's a mild compound, and most people will experience the best results running it at least at 75mg/day.

I agree that a SERM isn't completely necessary for H-drol, but even so, you've got PCS listed which has SERM-like properties (TRes). So, you're pretty well set.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

I'm looking into the future, post PRIME of course, about an H-Drol run. Through gathering information from helpful members, I've gathered a stockpile list and would like your guys' input (yay or nay's, take away or add).

1. H-Drol (1 bottle) $27.99: 50mg daily/30 days.
    2. Cycle Assist (1 bottle) $27.99/30 days.
    3. Fish Oils
    4. Vitamin C
    5. Multi's

PCT
    1. 6 OXO Extreme (1 bottle) $36.95/15 days
    2. DTHC (already in hand). 6caps/day/20 days
    3. Icarriin-50 (already in hand). 1000mg/day/15 days
    4. Post Cycle Support (1 bottle) $41.95/30 days

sub-total: $134.88 minimum (not including fish oils, vit C, multi, tax, shipping & handling)

It was suggested through a couple people that a SERM was not necessary for an H-drol run. I can get it if need be. I have a lot of time to plan and stockpile. Thanks guys.

My max budget for this venture is under $200. It's not sealed in stone that I'm going to do this, I'm just getting my bearings before I give the official thumbs up/thumbs down.
    I never used a SERM and faired ok there was some shutdown but it was minimal. I have actually gotten slightly better results from Prime however.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

I really think a higher dose of H-drol would suit you better. It's a mild compound, and most people will experience the best results running it at least at 75mg/day.

I agree that a SERM isn't completely necessary for H-drol, but even so, you've got PCS listed which has SERM-like properties (TRes). So, you're pretty well set.
    Yah I only ran 50mg of the original Halodrol.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

I've run H-drol up to 125mg/day. High doses of this stuff are the shizzle.

I will say this, Volcom, even if you don't run at a higher dose, I'd stick it out for 6 weeks. You still get great results off this stuff beyond Week 4, and I don't want to see yourself getting cut short. What's another $28 and two weeks for the possibility of another 3-5lbs of LBM?
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

I never used a SERM and faired ok there was some shutdown but it was minimal. I have actually gotten slightly better results from Prime however.
    Damn! I'll see how things fair for me in this well initiated experience.
    NSCA - CSCS
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

I've run H-drol up to 125mg/day. High doses of this stuff are the shizzle.

I will say this, Volcom, even if you don't run at a higher dose, I'd stick it out for 6 weeks. You still get great results off this stuff beyond Week 4, and I don't want to see yourself getting cut short. What's another $28 and two weeks for the possibility of another 3-5lbs of LBM?
    Geeze! You are the man of mega dosing. Perhaps I'll consider the 75mg if I end up doing this.
    NSCA - CSCS
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

All this talk is making me want to run an MMV2/Hdrol stack in Feb-March. Gerrrrrr!!!!!!

MMV2 - 6/6/6/6/6/6
    H-drol - 4/4/4/4/4/4

24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

I'm pleasantly & painfully sore from last nights workout by the way. My chest feels like hell and I love it.
    NSCA - CSCS
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

All this talk is making me want to run an MMV2/Hdrol stack in Feb-March. Gerrrrrr!!!!!!

MMV2 - 6/6/6/6/6/6
    H-drol - 4/4/4/4/4/4

You're going to force my budget upward.
    NSCA - CSCS
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

Haha. Sorry, Volc. Just thinking out loud.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Answers

Big V. You have a PM brutha.
    THE PAIN YOU ENDURE TODAY WILL PRODUCE THE POWER YOU ENJOY TOMORROW!!

"Ye are gods, and all of you are children of the most High."
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Big V. You have a PM brutha.
    Got it TG, thank you very much
    NSCA - CSCS
  29. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Answers

I guess Udos is a combo of MCT's and other oils ?

Nutra sells MCT Gold for 15 bucks for 32 oz's...
    This stuff's slightly more expensive than straight MCT's..

Udo's Choice Oil Blend is a unique blend of oils and nutritional co-factors that meet all of the esential fatty acid needs of your body. Formulated by author and nutritional authority, Udo Erasmus, Ph. D. and made by combining certified organic flax, sesame, sunflower oil and other unrefined oils, lecithin (GMO-free) and tocotrienol. An ideal 2:1 ratio of omega 3 and 6 essential fatty acids, proven by research to benefit cardiovascular health, enhance stamina and energy, and improve general health and well-being. Certified Organic.

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value*

Calories 125
    Calories From Fat 125
    Total Fat 14g 22%
    Saturated Fat 1.5g 8%
    Trans Fat 0g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 10g
    Monounsaturated Fat 3g

Omega-3 Fatty Acids 6g
    Omega 6 Fatty Acids 3g
    Omega 9 Fatty Acids 3g

Daily Value not established
    * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet

Other Ingredients
    Flax Oil, Sunflower Oil, Sesame Oil, Coconut Oil, Evening Primrose Oil(13 Mg GLA Per Tbsp.), Rice Germ And Bran Oil, Soy Lecithin(Non-GMO), Oat Germ And Bran Oil, Mixed Tocopherols(Non-GMO)
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Wow, that's one fancy and fulfilling bottle of oil.
    NSCA - CSCS
  31. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Answers

For sure. With my fish oil & EVOO that I take too, I feel I've got the fat macro nailed down..
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

For sure. With my fish oil & EVOO that I take too, I feel I've got the fat macro nailed down..
    Nailed and buried alive!

Probably took it a little far with the imagery, but you get the drift.
    NSCA - CSCS
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.
    Answers

Lol I think we call catch your drift.
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Day 2; Success, yet again.

I'll dialogue as we progress through the workout.

Biceps

Vertical Preacher, One Arm Db Curls
    40lbs Db's x 10 reps, each arm
    45lbs Db's x 8 reps, e.a.
    50lbs Db's x 6 reps, e.a.
    [Performance Rating: As expected, therefore, average]

Concentrated Db Curls
    40lbs Db's x 10 reps, e.a.
    50lbs Db's x 8 reps, e.a.
    60lbs Db's x 6 reps, e.a. [not a PR, but I haven't done this in awhile]
    [Performance Rating: Above average]

Db Hammer Curls
    50lbs x 10 reps
    60lbs x 10 reps [not a PR, but I haven't done this in awhile]
    70lbs x 7 reps [+1 All Time PR and not even as an opening exercise; before you decide that a +1 rep seems arbitrary, because in a volume based workout, +1 or 2 reps come and go any given Sunday, however, not so with high intensity. With the 70lbs Db hammer curls, by rep 4, I'm done, I usually go to 6, but those last 2 reps following the 4th are pure blood & guts, filled with paused, deep breaths, blowing the sweat off my top lips, evaluating whether I should or shouldn't keep going, gathering my composure and my breath, then making the last 2 happen, therefore, extending those final two death reps into a third was a big deal]
    [Performance Rating: Excellent]

Barbell Reverse Curls
    65lbs x 10 reps
    85lbs x 10 reps
    105lbs x 6 reps [+10lbs All Time PR; I normally never exceed 95lbs on this lift and those 95lbs are ugly, but the previous set with the 85lbs felt light enough for me to add 10's, rather then the usual 5's and they came out alright. No upper back to calves, barbell curls Arnold style to make it happen]
    [Performance Rating: Excellent]

Preacher Curls, machine
    150lbs x 10 reps
    160lbs x 8 reps
    170lbs x 6 reps

I'm not the type of person who "shoots for" PR's, never really have been, which is why I rarely, rarely ever do 1RM's. I only push more, when there's something in me that feels I have it in me to push.

Other Happenings:

- Heightened Aggression intra workout. However, this could very well be the natural order of things when lifting with heavier then usual weight. I certain animalistic psyche manifests when lifting high intensity vs high volume, so this may have been natural Test surges. Still notable, nonetheless.

I'm going to have to say that I'm quite surprised with my response so far. I have mentioned that my personal placebo effect plays a larger role on stamina then strength, but either way, I'll still accredit the first 3 days with some level of placebo honey moon period.

I'm not so taken with PR's, because strength PR's are a given when transitioning from high volume to high intensity. However, All Time PR's are much more significant and telling. I'm still scratching my head, I want to see how consistent this trend of extraordinary workouts continue before I open the flood gates of praise. I realize many mediating variables can directly effect strength, but you can't get lucky all the time.
    NSCA - CSCS
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Snag,

I went to GNC and they did not have the Udo oil you spoke of, so I'll have to keep looking.

Poops,

GNC did have coconut oil, but it was $15 for 120 caps, 4 caps a serving for 4 grams of fat. 4 caps divided into 3 doses means a 10 day run for $15. Is coconut oil THAT effective?
    NSCA - CSCS
  36. On my grind
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Answers

Snag,

I went to GNC and they did not have the Udo oil you spoke of, so I'll have to keep looking.

Poops,

GNC did have coconut oil, but it was $15 for 120 caps, 4 caps a serving for 4 grams of fat. 4 caps divided into 3 doses means a 10 day run for $15. Is coconut oil THAT effective?
    Do you have a Vitamin World near you? I know they usualy sell coconut oil.

Also i ran hdrol at 125 and 150mgs. THE BEST DS i have used to date. Hardly no sides, pumps like hell, strength, vascularity. Mannnnn i gotta get more eventualy!
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Do you have a Vitamin World near you? I know they usualy sell coconut oil.

Also i ran hdrol at 125 and 150mgs. THE BEST DS i have used to date. Hardly no sides, pumps like hell, strength, vascularity. Mannnnn i gotta get more eventualy!
    Geezus, you and IC with your superman doses! That's awesome.

The GNC had the coconut oil, but I think I was caught off guard by the price vs caps ration. $15 for 10-15 days seemed like a lot at the time.
    NSCA - CSCS
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.
    Answers

Snag,

Poops,

yo sam. check out vitamin city in san dimas. its in the active parking lot next to cost plus. i think it says health food or something on the sign, but they its a quaint little naturaly food store. a lot of awesome stuff in there. they might have it.
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rolandajoint View Post
    yo sam. check out vitamin city in san dimas. its in the active parking lot next to cost plus. i think it says health food or something on the sign, but they its a quaint little naturaly food store. a lot of awesome stuff in there. they might have it.
    Thanks Roland, I actually frequent that place. When I was still taking protein, I'd buy my Designer Whey solely from Vitamin City, $16.00!
    NSCA - CSCS
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    "94 hours of regret for me to realize what I held,
    unfading beauty, not just a face
    I held its innocence within my heart, now I won't let go
    the torment of your eyes has awakened my soul
    the pain of a moment's time will forever beg your forgiveness"

Not too bad; he just has some annunciation issues!
    wow...
    I take one day off and I am two pages behind. Looking like some good numbers bud.

Anyway on the topic of As I lay dying... I much prefer this song...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhYT-7bzHis"]YouTube - As I Lay Dying - "Through Struggle" Metal Blade Records[/ame]
    SFW and GFH
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Volcom's Nata-Prime-Pro-911-Madrol-iian log
    By VolcomX311 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 01:09 PM
  2. Volcom's PRIME & T-911 Stack
    By VolcomX311 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 570
    Last Post: 08-19-2009, 09:07 PM
  3. David Letterman Gets Personal With Optimus Prime !
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 06:51 AM
  4. Man Legally Changes His Name To Optimus Prime !
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-10-2007, 11:22 AM
  5. TRANSFORMERS "OPTIMUS PRIME vs BONECRUSHER" !!!
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-06-2007, 07:43 AM