Volcom's Optimus PRIME Log

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
jesus man. first workout and youve already out done yourself. good luck topping this one :thumbsup:
Well, it's not my first workout (with PRIME) yet. These are pre-Prime comparisons. Good workout, nonetheless.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Doesn't that almost sorta piss you off when you aren't in the mood to lift yet you totally crush everything?

...even worse is when you are totally amped to lift and then your strength ends up being sub-par.
The latter bugs me the most, the first is usually a pleasant surprise. My flat bench was subpar for the longest time, prior to my week long rest and that'll break your spirits. I'm good now.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If I end up buying this crap, I'm going all-out and dosing it IC style: No less than 12 caps per day. :D

Of course stacked with an AI.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No one should buy crap!

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
LOL took me a second to follow that one there strat.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If I end up buying this crap, I'm going all-out and dosing it IC style: No less than 12 caps per day. :D

Of course stacked with an AI.
I would like to RSVP that 12 cap IC dosing if it goes down.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would like to RSVP that 12 cap IC dosing if it goes down.
If you end up having good results, I can safely say that I will probably do it. Are there really any negative sides that would be associated with a high dose like that?

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
extreme muscle mass and a possibility of pushing your body beyond what it should be capable of and hurting a tendon or muscle.... serious.

I would seriously invest in some cissus for that run.

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
If you end up having good results, I can safely say that I will probably do it. Are there really any negative sides that would be associated with a high dose like that?
severe change in wallet/checking account volume . .

.. and cross your fingers for it being worth it in terms of results.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
severe change in wallet/checking account volume . .
Haha. Ya, that's why I'm watching Volc's log, first. If it's worth it, I'll do it, but for a 30 day run @ $165, it better be pretty freaking amazing.

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Haha. Ya, that's why I'm watching Volc's log, first. If it's worth it, I'll do it, but for a 30 day run @ $165, it better be pretty freaking amazing.
.. Test E = ~$120 for 5 weeks. [cough, cough]

.. all I'm saying is, it's quite unbelievable how hyped up a product got; to the point where people nearly insist on taking it, and at times, plan to take it in a double dosage (compared to label recommendations, 2 caps X 3 times daily vs 12 caps/day) to 'guarantee' the results or some kind of gains.

.. I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion (whether they want to take it or don't want to take it), simply trying to point out a valid point. Come on now, IC, let's see Sam's run @ 9 caps/day (50% over suggested dosage), and make judgement once 40 days are up. Besides, considering Volcom's got 40+ lbs on you (bodyweight) 6 caps ought to do the trick for you .. you'd think ..

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mmmmm....Test Enanthate.....

....NO! NO, IC! :(

I hear what you're saying Viking, and I agree completely, which is why I'm waiting to see Volcom's run.

But I do have a mega-dosing habit...and it stemmed from AAS use. I don't dose Test under 1.5g/wk anymore...That is if I still did it.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Prime is a unique product, in that the dosage at 6/day is effective.. but you can tell the difference when you up the dose to 9, and currently I'm playing at 12 for the final days of my run. I can tell more of a difference between 6 & 9 dosing, than I can between the 9 & 12 dosing. For the cost/benefit equation involved, I don't know that I'd recommend it @ 12/day.

And re. poops recommendation of running cissus alongside -- great idea. Not only to sooth your joints from the overload, but the combination of the two in above-recommended dosing fashion produces a killa synergistic response. I'm excited Sam is running the Prime solo.. but.. stacking with 9g of cissus is truly phenomenol..

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

I hear what you're saying Viking, and I agree completely, which is why I'm waiting to see Volcom's run.

But I do have a mega-dosing habit...and it stemmed from AAS use. I don't dose Test under 1.5g/wk anymore...That is if I still did it.
I'll try and be as accurate as possible. Strength gains are much easier to gauge & track progress with validity then is tracking physiology.

I am fairly efficient and accurate at accrediting strength gains to neuromuscular facets and "added help." I'll scrutinize with extra attention due to the nature of the product and "issues" at hand.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

.. all I'm saying is, it's quite unbelievable how hyped up a product got; to the point where people nearly insist on taking it, and at times, plan to take it in a double dosage (compared to label recommendations, 2 caps X 3 times daily vs 12 caps/day) to 'guarantee' the results or some kind of gains.

.. I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion (whether they want to take it or don't want to take it), simply trying to point out a valid point. Come on now, IC, let's see Sam's run @ 9 caps/day (50% over suggested dosage), and make judgement once 40 days are up. Besides, considering Volcom's got 40+ lbs on you (bodyweight) 6 caps ought to do the trick for you .. you'd think ..
A log like this could use the extra pragmatism and who better to play Devil's advocate then someone I know and respect. You're thoughts and opinions are always welcomed in my log, Thomas. :cheers:

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established

Holy $hit, bro; 1,500mg/week minimum when you ran it ?! :jaw:
As in 4-6 cc's week [@ 250-300mg/mL] ?

.. that's also taxing as hell on your wallet..

.. and nuts . .

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
A log like this could use the extra pragmatism and who better to play Devil's advocate then someone I know and respect. You're thoughts and opinions are always welcomed in my log, Thomas. :cheers:
.. haha, Sam, I appreciate you not feeling disrespected by my previous comments in your thread.. Like I said, I'm not trying to bring on the hate, I'm merely emphasizing various factors I always take into consideration when choosing to make any economic decision. 'Cost' vs 'the benefits of such a decision' vs 'does it make sense' vs 'what are the options' . .

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
V, I gotta be all repped out .. for 3-4 days now, You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to VolcomX311 again.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Holy $hit, bro; 1,500mg/week minimum when you ran it ?! :jaw:
As in 4-6 cc's week [@ 250-300mg/mL] ?

.. that's also taxing as hell on your wallet..

.. and nuts . .
Last time I ran Enanthate was @ 1g/wk (500mg, 2x/wk). Last time I ran Propionate was @ 1.4g/wk (200mg ED).

I wouldn't call it nuts...I would call it...Beautiful. All things considered, though, totally not worth it. I'm much happier being natural.

If I were to run it again it would be Enanthate @ 1500mg/wk, for at least 20 weeks. But I'm not going to, so that's that.

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
I have good/bad news. These pre-Prime logged workouts were meant to be a gauge of current strength, in order to contrast against Prime cycle gains. The good/bad news is that this morning was one of my strongest performing trap/delt workouts I've had all season, so the bar has been set pretty high.

One of the main reasons I suspect for these gains are the newly established neuromuscular adaptions. I've been "transitioning" from high volume/moderate intensity, to high intensity/moderate volume for a few weeks now and I believe that transition is over.

Enough with the BS'ing, on with the show.

Barbell Shrugs
225lbs x 15 reps
315lbs x 12 reps
375lbs x 10 reps
405lbs x 8 reps

Behind The Neck, Smith Barbell Shrugs
315lbs x 10 reps
375lbs x 10 reps
405lbs x 8 reps

Db Shrugs
125lbs Db's x 15 reps
125lbs Db's x 12 reps
125lbs Db's x 12 reps
125lbs Db's x 12 reps

Seated Shrugs
270lbs x 10 reps
270lbs x 8 reps
270lbs x 8 reps

Behind The Neck Shoulder Press
225lbs x 10 reps
225lbs x 8 reps
225lbs x 6 reps

Hammer Shoulder Press
180lbs x 10 reps
180lbs x 8 reps
180lbs x 6 reps

Seated, Cable Shoulder Press
100lbs x 15 reps
120lbs x 12 reps
140lbs x 10 reps

And THAT is moderate volume ?! :jaw::jaw::jaw:

Definitely NOT "just another" Prime log Volcom, those are high base standards :head:
Let's see how far the ultimate muscle pill gets you!
;)

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
checking in.

although ill probably never run prime seeing the price tag im interested in your results.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
.. haha, Sam, I appreciate you not feeling disrespected by my previous comments in your thread.. Like I said, I'm not trying to bring on the hate, I'm merely emphasizing various factors I always take into consideration when choosing to make any economic decision. 'Cost' vs 'the benefits of such a decision' vs 'does it make sense' vs 'what are the options' . .
You don't sound like you're "hating" at all. You don't ever express opinions about PRIME being a shenanigan product per se, you've only voiced your dissidence with marketing practices and other venues where you'd prefer to spend "that much money." Passion in our opinions can make them "sound" more negative then they really are.

For me, I've been looking for a solid product that doesn't require legitimate PCT (I have no connects) and does not cause lethargy (because my lifestyle and schedule simply cannot afford it). Therefore, if PRIME performs like a Junglewarfare or 3-AD "for me," then the extra money is well worth it (I've had abnormal success with both for those of you raising your eyebrows at the JW, 3-AD comment). However, I can understand for someone as experienced and able to get "the hook up" stuff, like yourself, then PRIME's most notable aspect is it's price comparison. If I were in your shoes and would be able to have the thoughts, "I could get this guaranteed legit stuff" for the same price or less, then I'd probably feel the same way.

JW doesn't require legit PCT and it works amazing for me, but the lethargy is more then I can afford, which is why I've been trying to give my bottle away for the last two logs!

The lack of PCT and lack of lethargy is worth a lot of money in my life and my situation.

I also understand your distaste for the market strategy. I don't expect anything outrageous, as I've been supplementing for YEARS and NOTHING has delivered anything "outrageous" from the supps I've tried. I suppose ECA does deliver outrageous energy, but as far as results, almost everything I've tried has been either "as expected" and up to, "very good" but I've been doing this long enough to not expect, "outrageous" results.

If PRIME performs well, then I'll be grateful and excited to have fond a reliable product for strength purposes, if PRIME disappoints, it won't be the first, ya know.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
And THAT is moderate volume ?! :jaw::jaw::jaw:

Definitely NOT "just another" Prime log Volcom, those are high base standards :head:
Let's see how far the ultimate muscle pill gets you!
;)
I think my definition of volume pertains to limited sets and reps, as oppose to overall exercises

Always nice to have AM's house favorite dropping by.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Re-living the old

Due to blown erectors, I am limited to vertical movements in my back exercises for the time being. I performed some horizontal resistance during my last back workout, keep a real keen attention on avoiding any leaning back in order to protect my erectors and i still somehow, re-aggravated my erectors into the point of muscle spasms.

The real blow here, is I absolutely cannot perform my beloved dead lifts. You won't be seeing any dead lift logs during my PRIME run, but I wanted it to be known that I LOVE dead lifts, they are my favorite lift. The strongest I've ever gotten was 495lbs x 2 reps.

I'm going to post "OLD" dead lift videos to ensure my love and wish that I could be doing deads if able.

I have a 405 for 6 or 8 reps, which isn't that great. During my peak I could hit 10 on any given Sunday, and my second video is 475 for 3 reps, and my best with these are 6 reps. These were taken after a 3 month break from a SERIOUS re-aggravation of my lumbar during last spring, which kept me bed ridden for 3 days. This would be my 3rd session back, since I stopped 3 months prior, which is why my performance was about 60% of what I was able to do.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47bTdVzFK-8"]YouTube - Dead lifts[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xb3XNYzekw"]YouTube - Dead lifts 2[/ame]

Damn injuries...
Life goes on. There you have it, so when my back workouts look very one sided, primarily vertical movements, it's because I'm forcefully relegated to it, not because I've gone full retard.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Test E = $1.10/g + BA/BB + Whatman + Vials = more like $90 for 12 weeks cough, cough

:)

Aside from that, I do not think anybody is really suggesting that PRIME need be run at 9 caps@day to achieve results, not by any means. I merely mentioned in a thread I had experienced dose-dependent results at 9 caps as compared to 6, and Volcom decided that was something he was interested in; that being said, the vast majority of individuals experiencing positive results were using it as per label directions.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mullett, it's best I don't find out where you're getting test for $1.10/g.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Mullett, it's best I don't find out where you're getting test for $1.10/g.
haha. on the other hand, id be very interested if you DID run that log of 1500 per week. could be the making of a monster.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
damn dude, first time I have caught those dead vids... very impressive... I dont dead cause Ive always had a shittay lower back, not even going to tempt it. Im stuck to shrugs and classic extended rows to hit the lower back and traps the way a dead does... of course its no where near the same intensity.

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
6g cissus will suffice to alleviate achy joints & tendons, but 9g will promote anabolic effects.. you know this poops..
Will NP's Cissus do this? Or is Super Cissus Rx needed @ 9 grams for anabolic effects ?

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have no experience with NP's bulk, can't speak on that..

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
6g cissus will suffice to alleviate achy joints & tendons, but 9g will promote anabolic effects.. you know this poops..

evry one is diffenrt, i have had great anabolic effects from 4 to 5 grams aday dosing especaly aroud my workouts befor and after.
taking 1.5-2.0 grams with unrefined coconut oil gives me that strongest pumps

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
damn dude, first time I have caught those dead vids... very impressive... I dont dead cause Ive always had a shittay lower back, not even going to tempt it. Im stuck to shrugs and classic extended rows to hit the lower back and traps the way a dead does... of course its no where near the same intensity.
You and I are currently in the same boat. I overcompensate the lack of deads with extensive shrug exercises; I try to perform shrugs on shoulder days and back days, but nothing appropriately makes up for deads.

I'm a fanatic for well developed traps and well developed forearms.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those are some great vids, Volcom. My deads seem to be the one exercise that suffered from my weightloss.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pre-Prime; Brachioradialis emphasized, biceps day

As mentioned before, I am a fanatic of refined and defined forearm development, in particular, the brachioradialis, forearm extensors and forearm flexors in that hierarchy of admiration and personal priority.

I sometimes forefront my forearms on biceps days and of course I have "regular" biceps days.

Db Hammer Curls
60lbs Db's x 10 reps
65lbs Db's x 8 reps
70lbs Db's x 6 reps

Vertical Preacher, One Arm Db, Cross-body hammer curls
40lbs Db's x 10 reps, each arm
45lbs Db's x 8 reps, e.a.
50lbs Db's x 6 reps, e.a.

Barbell Reverse Curls
65lbs x 10 reps
85lbs x 8 reps
105lbs x 6 reps

Cable Rope Curls
100lbs x 10 reps
120lbs x 10 reps
140lbs x 6 reps

Cable, EZ Bar Reverse Curls
100lbs x 10 reps
120lbs x 10 reps
140lbs x 8 reps

Cable, One Arm, Reverse Curls
40lbs x 10 reps, e.a.
50lbs x 10 reps, e.a.
60lbs x 8 reps, e.a.

Strange enough, I will not have any DOMS from this. I don't ever get DOMS anywhere these days, however, I get DOMS in my chest after every single workout. It's very weird.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those are some great vids, Volcom. My deads seem to be the one exercise that suffered from my weightloss.
Strangely enough, I have never gained nor loss strength in my dead lifts as a result of body mass (my bench and shoulder strength have been effected by body mass, but not dead lifts). I've been as heavy as 230lbs, but I hit my strongest dead PR's (the 495lbs x 2) at 211lbs. I was performing deads consistently and without complications at that time, nor were my bent over rows ever effected by body mass. I could barbell row 405 just the same at 211 as I could at 230.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Test E = $1.10/g + BA/BB + Whatman + Vials = more like $90 for 12 weeks cough, cough

See, all that talk is way over my head, I've never supplemented with anything I couldn't buy at NP or BB.com.

i can score some cheap multi's at Walmart cause I know a shady cashier, yeeeaaaah

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Strangely enough, I have never gained nor loss strength in my dead lifts as a result of body mass (my bench and shoulder strength have been effected by body mass, but not dead lifts). I've been as heavy as 230lbs, but I hit my strongest dead PR's (the 495lbs x 2) at 211lbs. I was performing deads consistently and without complications at that time, nor were my bent over rows ever effected by body mass. I could barbell row 405 just the same at 211 as I could at 230.
that is so beastly dood. im barely pulling 225 for sets of 5 or 6 on rows.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
that is so beastly dood. im barely pulling 225 for sets of 5 or 6 on rows.
I naturally excelled at BB rows, so i can't really say I earned it. I picked it up and started at 225, and I added weight consistently week in week out until I reached 405 for consistent 10 reps. My peak strength on BB rows was 475 for 6, but I never got a chance to exceed beyond that level.

My ability to BB row and dead lift are not an accurate reflection of my general back strength. Based on those two movements, it accredits me with more then I am. i can't do 315lbs lat pull downs for 15 reps like Thomas or TG, but I'm sure my BB rows were well in their arena. I attempted 495 row, but I hit 2 or 3 and was like, yeah... these are dead lift numbers on BB row, not my time yet.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It used to be .70/g prior to Operation Raw Deal but, it is best we refrain from speaking about this further lest Volcom's log be abrogated.

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
As mentioned before, I am a fanatic of refined and defined forearm development, in particular, the brachioradialis, forearm extensors and forearm flexors in that hierarchy of admiration and personal priority.

I sometimes forefront my forearms on biceps days and of course I have "regular" biceps days.

Db Hammer Curls
60lbs Db's x 10 reps
65lbs Db's x 8 reps
70lbs Db's x 6 reps

Vertical Preacher, One Arm Db, Cross-body hammer curls
40lbs Db's x 10 reps, each arm
45lbs Db's x 8 reps, e.a.
50lbs Db's x 6 reps, e.a.

Barbell Reverse Curls
65lbs x 10 reps
85lbs x 8 reps
105lbs x 6 reps

Cable Rope Curls
100lbs x 10 reps
120lbs x 10 reps
140lbs x 6 reps

Cable, EZ Bar Reverse Curls
100lbs x 10 reps
120lbs x 10 reps
140lbs x 8 reps

Cable, One Arm, Reverse Curls
40lbs x 10 reps, e.a.
50lbs x 10 reps, e.a.
60lbs x 8 reps, e.a.

Strange enough, I will not have any DOMS from this. I don't ever get DOMS anywhere these days, however, I get DOMS in my chest after every single workout. It's very weird.
well man if u dont get sore from yor workout, time to change it up!
one thing that ive always went by
more intensity more growth
if im not sore i need more intensity, or a differnt routine
just my 2 cents

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sheesh. The most expensive thing would be the filters.

I could do a 20week cycle @ 1,500mg/wk for ~$60 after everything! Ahahaha!

...but why again do I toy with myself? Because I'm not going to.