Volcom's Optimus PRIME Log

Page 3 of 65 First 12345 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by rolandajoint View Post
    jesus man. first workout and youve already out done yourself. good luck topping this one
    Well, it's not my first workout (with PRIME) yet. These are pre-Prime comparisons. Good workout, nonetheless.
    NSCA - CSCS


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Doesn't that almost sorta piss you off when you aren't in the mood to lift yet you totally crush everything?

    ...even worse is when you are totally amped to lift and then your strength ends up being sub-par.
    The latter bugs me the most, the first is usually a pleasant surprise. My flat bench was subpar for the longest time, prior to my week long rest and that'll break your spirits. I'm good now.
    NSCA - CSCS
    •   
       


  3. If I end up buying this crap, I'm going all-out and dosing it IC style: No less than 12 caps per day.

    Of course stacked with an AI.

  4. No one should buy crap!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowdersí opinion as a whole.

  5. LOL took me a second to follow that one there strat.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    If I end up buying this crap, I'm going all-out and dosing it IC style: No less than 12 caps per day.

    Of course stacked with an AI.
    I would like to RSVP that 12 cap IC dosing if it goes down.
    NSCA - CSCS

  7. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I would like to RSVP that 12 cap IC dosing if it goes down.
    If you end up having good results, I can safely say that I will probably do it. Are there really any negative sides that would be associated with a high dose like that?

  8. extreme muscle mass and a possibility of pushing your body beyond what it should be capable of and hurting a tendon or muscle.... serious.

    I would seriously invest in some cissus for that run.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    If you end up having good results, I can safely say that I will probably do it. Are there really any negative sides that would be associated with a high dose like that?
    severe change in wallet/checking account volume . .


    .. and cross your fingers for it being worth it in terms of results.
    VikingInc's Journey towards NSL Physique 2016 competition on March 12, 2016, in Houston, Texas.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by vikinginc View Post
    severe change in wallet/checking account volume . .
    Haha. Ya, that's why I'm watching Volc's log, first. If it's worth it, I'll do it, but for a 30 day run @ $165, it better be pretty freaking amazing.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Haha. Ya, that's why I'm watching Volc's log, first. If it's worth it, I'll do it, but for a 30 day run @ $165, it better be pretty freaking amazing.
    .. Test E = ~$120 for 5 weeks. [cough, cough]


    .. all I'm saying is, it's quite unbelievable how hyped up a product got; to the point where people nearly insist on taking it, and at times, plan to take it in a double dosage (compared to label recommendations, 2 caps X 3 times daily vs 12 caps/day) to 'guarantee' the results or some kind of gains.


    .. I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion (whether they want to take it or don't want to take it), simply trying to point out a valid point. Come on now, IC, let's see Sam's run @ 9 caps/day (50% over suggested dosage), and make judgement once 40 days are up. Besides, considering Volcom's got 40+ lbs on you (bodyweight) 6 caps ought to do the trick for you .. you'd think ..
    VikingInc's Journey towards NSL Physique 2016 competition on March 12, 2016, in Houston, Texas.

  12. Mmmmm....Test Enanthate.....

    ....NO! NO, IC!

    I hear what you're saying Viking, and I agree completely, which is why I'm waiting to see Volcom's run.

    But I do have a mega-dosing habit...and it stemmed from AAS use. I don't dose Test under 1.5g/wk anymore...That is if I still did it.

  13. Prime is a unique product, in that the dosage at 6/day is effective.. but you can tell the difference when you up the dose to 9, and currently I'm playing at 12 for the final days of my run. I can tell more of a difference between 6 & 9 dosing, than I can between the 9 & 12 dosing. For the cost/benefit equation involved, I don't know that I'd recommend it @ 12/day.

    And re. poops recommendation of running cissus alongside -- great idea. Not only to sooth your joints from the overload, but the combination of the two in above-recommended dosing fashion produces a killa synergistic response. I'm excited Sam is running the Prime solo.. but.. stacking with 9g of cissus is truly phenomenol..

  14. wow 9g!! I was thinking 6g!!!

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Mmmmm....Test Enanthate.....

    ....NO! NO, IC!

    I hear what you're saying Viking, and I agree completely, which is why I'm waiting to see Volcom's run.

    But I do have a mega-dosing habit...and it stemmed from AAS use. I don't dose Test under 1.5g/wk anymore...That is if I still did it.
    I'll try and be as accurate as possible. Strength gains are much easier to gauge & track progress with validity then is tracking physiology.

    I am fairly efficient and accurate at accrediting strength gains to neuromuscular facets and "added help." I'll scrutinize with extra attention due to the nature of the product and "issues" at hand.
    NSCA - CSCS

  16. Quote Originally Posted by vikinginc View Post
    .. Test E = ~$120 for 5 weeks. [cough, cough]


    .. all I'm saying is, it's quite unbelievable how hyped up a product got; to the point where people nearly insist on taking it, and at times, plan to take it in a double dosage (compared to label recommendations, 2 caps X 3 times daily vs 12 caps/day) to 'guarantee' the results or some kind of gains.


    .. I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion (whether they want to take it or don't want to take it), simply trying to point out a valid point. Come on now, IC, let's see Sam's run @ 9 caps/day (50% over suggested dosage), and make judgement once 40 days are up. Besides, considering Volcom's got 40+ lbs on you (bodyweight) 6 caps ought to do the trick for you .. you'd think ..
    A log like this could use the extra pragmatism and who better to play Devil's advocate then someone I know and respect. You're thoughts and opinions are always welcomed in my log, Thomas.
    NSCA - CSCS

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Mmmmm....Test Enanthate.....

    ....NO! NO, IC!

    I hear what you're saying Viking, and I agree completely, which is why I'm waiting to see Volcom's run.

    But I do have a mega-dosing habit...and it stemmed from AAS use. I don't dose Test under 1.5g/wk anymore...That is if I still did it.
    Holy $hit, bro; 1,500mg/week minimum when you ran it ?!
    As in 4-6 cc's week [@ 250-300mg/mL] ?

    .. that's also taxing as hell on your wallet..

    .. and nuts . .
    VikingInc's Journey towards NSL Physique 2016 competition on March 12, 2016, in Houston, Texas.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    A log like this could use the extra pragmatism and who better to play Devil's advocate then someone I know and respect. You're thoughts and opinions are always welcomed in my log, Thomas.
    .. haha, Sam, I appreciate you not feeling disrespected by my previous comments in your thread.. Like I said, I'm not trying to bring on the hate, I'm merely emphasizing various factors I always take into consideration when choosing to make any economic decision. 'Cost' vs 'the benefits of such a decision' vs 'does it make sense' vs 'what are the options' . .
    VikingInc's Journey towards NSL Physique 2016 competition on March 12, 2016, in Houston, Texas.

  19. V, I gotta be all repped out .. for 3-4 days now, You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to VolcomX311 again.

    ..
    VikingInc's Journey towards NSL Physique 2016 competition on March 12, 2016, in Houston, Texas.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by vikinginc View Post
    Holy $hit, bro; 1,500mg/week minimum when you ran it ?!
    As in 4-6 cc's week [@ 250-300mg/mL] ?

    .. that's also taxing as hell on your wallet..

    .. and nuts . .
    Last time I ran Enanthate was @ 1g/wk (500mg, 2x/wk). Last time I ran Propionate was @ 1.4g/wk (200mg ED).

    I wouldn't call it nuts...I would call it...Beautiful. All things considered, though, totally not worth it. I'm much happier being natural.

    If I were to run it again it would be Enanthate @ 1500mg/wk, for at least 20 weeks. But I'm not going to, so that's that.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I've been blessed with poop water, now all is well.
    That's then what I've been missing all along, can I have some too, PLEEEZE Poops !!!!!

  22. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I have good/bad news. These pre-Prime logged workouts were meant to be a gauge of current strength, in order to contrast against Prime cycle gains. The good/bad news is that this morning was one of my strongest performing trap/delt workouts I've had all season, so the bar has been set pretty high.

    One of the main reasons I suspect for these gains are the newly established neuromuscular adaptions. I've been "transitioning" from high volume/moderate intensity, to high intensity/moderate volume for a few weeks now and I believe that transition is over.

    Enough with the BS'ing, on with the show.

    Barbell Shrugs
    225lbs x 15 reps
    315lbs x 12 reps
    375lbs x 10 reps
    405lbs x 8 reps

    Behind The Neck, Smith Barbell Shrugs
    315lbs x 10 reps
    375lbs x 10 reps
    405lbs x 8 reps

    Db Shrugs
    125lbs Db's x 15 reps
    125lbs Db's x 12 reps
    125lbs Db's x 12 reps
    125lbs Db's x 12 reps

    Seated Shrugs
    270lbs x 10 reps
    270lbs x 8 reps
    270lbs x 8 reps

    Behind The Neck Shoulder Press
    225lbs x 10 reps
    225lbs x 8 reps
    225lbs x 6 reps

    Hammer Shoulder Press
    180lbs x 10 reps
    180lbs x 8 reps
    180lbs x 6 reps

    Seated, Cable Shoulder Press
    100lbs x 15 reps
    120lbs x 12 reps
    140lbs x 10 reps

    And THAT is moderate volume ?!

    Definitely NOT "just another" Prime log Volcom, those are high base standards
    Let's see how far the ultimate muscle pill gets you!

  23. checking in.

    although ill probably never run prime seeing the price tag im interested in your results.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by vikinginc View Post
    .. haha, Sam, I appreciate you not feeling disrespected by my previous comments in your thread.. Like I said, I'm not trying to bring on the hate, I'm merely emphasizing various factors I always take into consideration when choosing to make any economic decision. 'Cost' vs 'the benefits of such a decision' vs 'does it make sense' vs 'what are the options' . .
    You don't sound like you're "hating" at all. You don't ever express opinions about PRIME being a shenanigan product per se, you've only voiced your dissidence with marketing practices and other venues where you'd prefer to spend "that much money." Passion in our opinions can make them "sound" more negative then they really are.

    For me, I've been looking for a solid product that doesn't require legitimate PCT (I have no connects) and does not cause lethargy (because my lifestyle and schedule simply cannot afford it). Therefore, if PRIME performs like a Junglewarfare or 3-AD "for me," then the extra money is well worth it (I've had abnormal success with both for those of you raising your eyebrows at the JW, 3-AD comment). However, I can understand for someone as experienced and able to get "the hook up" stuff, like yourself, then PRIME's most notable aspect is it's price comparison. If I were in your shoes and would be able to have the thoughts, "I could get this guaranteed legit stuff" for the same price or less, then I'd probably feel the same way.

    JW doesn't require legit PCT and it works amazing for me, but the lethargy is more then I can afford, which is why I've been trying to give my bottle away for the last two logs!

    The lack of PCT and lack of lethargy is worth a lot of money in my life and my situation.

    I also understand your distaste for the market strategy. I don't expect anything outrageous, as I've been supplementing for YEARS and NOTHING has delivered anything "outrageous" from the supps I've tried. I suppose ECA does deliver outrageous energy, but as far as results, almost everything I've tried has been either "as expected" and up to, "very good" but I've been doing this long enough to not expect, "outrageous" results.

    If PRIME performs well, then I'll be grateful and excited to have fond a reliable product for strength purposes, if PRIME disappoints, it won't be the first, ya know.
    NSCA - CSCS

  25. Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    And THAT is moderate volume ?!

    Definitely NOT "just another" Prime log Volcom, those are high base standards
    Let's see how far the ultimate muscle pill gets you!
    I think my definition of volume pertains to limited sets and reps, as oppose to overall exercises

    Always nice to have AM's house favorite dropping by.
    NSCA - CSCS
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Volcom's Nata-Prime-Pro-911-Madrol-iian log
    By VolcomX311 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 03:09 PM
  2. Volcom's Secret Rehabilitation Log with 3-AD & MassFX
    By VolcomX311 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 149
    Last Post: 07-09-2008, 02:59 AM
  3. David Letterman Gets Personal With Optimus Prime !
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 08:51 AM
  4. Man Legally Changes His Name To Optimus Prime !
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-10-2007, 01:22 PM
  5. TRANSFORMERS "OPTIMUS PRIME vs BONECRUSHER" !!!
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-06-2007, 09:43 AM
Log in
Log in