Volcom's Optimus PRIME Log - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Volcom's Optimus PRIME Log

Page 2 of 41 First 12347 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  123 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thundergod View Post
    First in!! I hope you enjoy the PRIME as much as I did big V. Don't let the doubters, haters, and nay-sayers deter you from putting everything you've got into it. I know you won't. One has to put the necessary effort into all aspects of running any kind of "cycle", be it natty or otherwise. This involves diligence in the gym and at the table. I wonder if some of these haters put as much effort into their PRIME runs as they did into their denouncing it afterwards??!! I'd hate to be so shallow as to train like shit and eat like shit and then blame a compound for my lack of results. Sorry V. You said you didn't want ranting up in here. Well, this was just venting. LOL Go get 'em here big V!!!
    Yeah, great results do NOT come from magic

[ame="http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=I_OKlZLfB3s&feature=re lated"]YouTube - cabine d'essayage[/ame]

Looking forward to this ride V

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=I_OKlZ...eature=related

I'm glad to have you along, DF.

To my utter surprise, I did not engorge myself during Thanksgiving dinner. I think I actually ate less then I normally do. However, I did have two slices of pumpkin pie (one normal, one 1/2 slice) and a 1/4 helping of cake.

I only had ONE, medium helping plate of Thanksgiving Dinner. ONE! and I felt satiated, strange....
    NSCA - CSCS
  3. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

WOOOHOOO!!!!

Thanks for shootin me the link on this my man!!! I woulda been upset if I missed out on this any further!

LOVE the big ass optimus prime pic to start, very clever, very cool!

Well man Im sure youll know Ill say your in for one hell of a ride!!! Given you responded well to other supplements that I did well with too I feel you wont be one of the unlucky non responding few, but I guess thats what we are all here to see, eh?

Well good luck my friend, cant wait to see you progress on this stuff. You have poops blessing
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=I_OKlZ...eature=related

OMG DF !!! lol.. you found more of these guys, LMAO

Gotta love em.. just saw all those related clips pop up at the end of the vid too, gonna go watch em all now... look what you did.
  5. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Subb'd!!!
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by poopypants View Post
    WOOOHOOO!!!!

Thanks for shootin me the link on this my man!!! I woulda been upset if I missed out on this any further!

LOVE the big ass optimus prime pic to start, very clever, very cool!

Well man Im sure youll know Ill say your in for one hell of a ride!!! Given you responded well to other supplements that I did well with too I feel you wont be one of the unlucky non responding few, but I guess thats what we are all here to see, eh?

Well good luck my friend, cant wait to see you progress on this stuff. You have poops blessing
    I've been blessed with poop water, now all is well.
    NSCA - CSCS
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Pre-Prime; Traps pre-exhaust Delts workout

I have good/bad news. These pre-Prime logged workouts were meant to be a gauge of current strength, in order to contrast against Prime cycle gains. The good/bad news is that this morning was one of my strongest performing trap/delt workouts I've had all season, so the bar has been set pretty high.

One of the main reasons I suspect for these gains are the newly established neuromuscular adaptions. I've been "transitioning" from high volume/moderate intensity, to high intensity/moderate volume for a few weeks now and I believe that transition is over. Most likely, I've established the strength catalyst adaptions, such as increased recruitment of muscle fibers per motor unit and coordinated motor firing (increased neuron firing, decreased antagonist contraction are a strength/power thing, but motor units deal primarily with strength alone; and increased release of calcium of the T-tubles blah blah blah, basic premise, a lot of thingy's happen to get you more stronger).

Enough with the BS'ing, on with the show.

Barbell Shrugs
    225lbs x 15 reps
    315lbs x 12 reps
    375lbs x 10 reps
    405lbs x 8 reps

Behind The Neck, Smith Barbell Shrugs
    315lbs x 10 reps
    375lbs x 10 reps
    405lbs x 8 reps

Db Shrugs
    125lbs Db's x 15 reps
    125lbs Db's x 12 reps
    125lbs Db's x 12 reps
    125lbs Db's x 12 reps

Seated Shrugs
    270lbs x 10 reps
    270lbs x 8 reps
    270lbs x 8 reps

Behind The Neck Shoulder Press
    225lbs x 10 reps
    225lbs x 8 reps
    225lbs x 6 reps

Hammer Shoulder Press
    180lbs x 10 reps
    180lbs x 8 reps
    180lbs x 6 reps

Seated, Cable Shoulder Press
    100lbs x 15 reps
    120lbs x 12 reps
    140lbs x 10 reps

I really wanted to finish off with a shoulder isolated movement, such as lateral raises, but I was done. I haven't gone this heavy on "behind the neck" shoulder presses, EVER, and definitely not with this much success. I frequent 225 with military presses, not behind the neck.

Pro's and Con's about the trap pre-exhaust. I wasn't in the mood to lift this morning, I'll be honest. I played with the idea of either biceps, back, or shoulders and none of them seemed appealing, so I thought I'd do a pseudo-workout and hit all traps, which isn't that out of the ordinary for me, I'm a fan of traps and forearms like no other, oddly so.

You can't help but get the testosterone flowing when you throw around 405lbs (ESPECIALLY with deads!), but shrugs will do it too. So my energy went up, motivation shot up, and innovation awakened. Furthermore, following my shrugs, my shoulders were so oiled up and primed for presses and after having hundreds and hundreds of pounds bearing down on your axial skeleton, seated presses with half the weight felt like a walk in the park.

Con, the delts don't get all the attention they deserve due to limited energy, but I don't always train traps first, so its alright this time.
    NSCA - CSCS
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.

jesus man. first workout and youve already out done yourself. good luck topping this one
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Doesn't that almost sorta piss you off when you aren't in the mood to lift yet you totally crush everything?

...even worse is when you are totally amped to lift and then your strength ends up being sub-par.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Good luck Sam! Glad to see you chose to run this solo. Also if you picked this up at NP and bought it before the 7% sale, we can apply it retroactively

About the dosing, it's a personal preference thing. We still don't know how PRIME works, but I think running it a 9caps/day, 7 days/week would be the best way, but it's your call. Good luck

yes personal indeed, i ran 6 aday for 7 days stright and had lable like results
    in my new log i will be dosing 9 aday for a week to induce the 4th week type results much quicker
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by rolandajoint View Post
    jesus man. first workout and youve already out done yourself. good luck topping this one
    Well, it's not my first workout (with PRIME) yet. These are pre-Prime comparisons. Good workout, nonetheless.
    NSCA - CSCS
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Doesn't that almost sorta piss you off when you aren't in the mood to lift yet you totally crush everything?

...even worse is when you are totally amped to lift and then your strength ends up being sub-par.
    The latter bugs me the most, the first is usually a pleasant surprise. My flat bench was subpar for the longest time, prior to my week long rest and that'll break your spirits. I'm good now.
    NSCA - CSCS
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

If I end up buying this crap, I'm going all-out and dosing it IC style: No less than 12 caps per day.

Of course stacked with an AI.
  14. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

No one should buy crap!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowdersí opinion as a whole.
  15. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

LOL took me a second to follow that one there strat.
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

If I end up buying this crap, I'm going all-out and dosing it IC style: No less than 12 caps per day.

Of course stacked with an AI.
    I would like to RSVP that 12 cap IC dosing if it goes down.
    NSCA - CSCS
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I would like to RSVP that 12 cap IC dosing if it goes down.
    If you end up having good results, I can safely say that I will probably do it. Are there really any negative sides that would be associated with a high dose like that?
  18. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

extreme muscle mass and a possibility of pushing your body beyond what it should be capable of and hurting a tendon or muscle.... serious.

I would seriously invest in some cissus for that run.
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.

If you end up having good results, I can safely say that I will probably do it. Are there really any negative sides that would be associated with a high dose like that?
    severe change in wallet/checking account volume . .

.. and cross your fingers for it being worth it in terms of results.
    VikingInc On a Fat-SMOLDERING Journey, Sponsored by Southland Performance Products

- My Quest To Reach 200 lbs. Is Officially In The Making!
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by vikinginc View Post
    severe change in wallet/checking account volume . .
    Haha. Ya, that's why I'm watching Volc's log, first. If it's worth it, I'll do it, but for a 30 day run @ $165, it better be pretty freaking amazing.
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.

Haha. Ya, that's why I'm watching Volc's log, first. If it's worth it, I'll do it, but for a 30 day run @ $165, it better be pretty freaking amazing.
    .. Test E = ~$120 for 5 weeks. [cough, cough]

.. all I'm saying is, it's quite unbelievable how hyped up a product got; to the point where people nearly insist on taking it, and at times, plan to take it in a double dosage (compared to label recommendations, 2 caps X 3 times daily vs 12 caps/day) to 'guarantee' the results or some kind of gains.

.. I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion (whether they want to take it or don't want to take it), simply trying to point out a valid point. Come on now, IC, let's see Sam's run @ 9 caps/day (50% over suggested dosage), and make judgement once 40 days are up. Besides, considering Volcom's got 40+ lbs on you (bodyweight) 6 caps ought to do the trick for you .. you'd think ..
    VikingInc On a Fat-SMOLDERING Journey, Sponsored by Southland Performance Products

22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Mmmmm....Test Enanthate.....

....NO! NO, IC!

I hear what you're saying Viking, and I agree completely, which is why I'm waiting to see Volcom's run.

But I do have a mega-dosing habit...and it stemmed from AAS use. I don't dose Test under 1.5g/wk anymore...That is if I still did it.
  23. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Prime is a unique product, in that the dosage at 6/day is effective.. but you can tell the difference when you up the dose to 9, and currently I'm playing at 12 for the final days of my run. I can tell more of a difference between 6 & 9 dosing, than I can between the 9 & 12 dosing. For the cost/benefit equation involved, I don't know that I'd recommend it @ 12/day.

And re. poops recommendation of running cissus alongside -- great idea. Not only to sooth your joints from the overload, but the combination of the two in above-recommended dosing fashion produces a killa synergistic response. I'm excited Sam is running the Prime solo.. but.. stacking with 9g of cissus is truly phenomenol..
  24. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

wow 9g!! I was thinking 6g!!!
  25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

....NO! NO, IC!

I hear what you're saying Viking, and I agree completely, which is why I'm waiting to see Volcom's run.

But I do have a mega-dosing habit...and it stemmed from AAS use. I don't dose Test under 1.5g/wk anymore...That is if I still did it.
    I'll try and be as accurate as possible. Strength gains are much easier to gauge & track progress with validity then is tracking physiology.

I am fairly efficient and accurate at accrediting strength gains to neuromuscular facets and "added help." I'll scrutinize with extra attention due to the nature of the product and "issues" at hand.
    NSCA - CSCS
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

.. all I'm saying is, it's quite unbelievable how hyped up a product got; to the point where people nearly insist on taking it, and at times, plan to take it in a double dosage (compared to label recommendations, 2 caps X 3 times daily vs 12 caps/day) to 'guarantee' the results or some kind of gains.

.. I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion (whether they want to take it or don't want to take it), simply trying to point out a valid point. Come on now, IC, let's see Sam's run @ 9 caps/day (50% over suggested dosage), and make judgement once 40 days are up. Besides, considering Volcom's got 40+ lbs on you (bodyweight) 6 caps ought to do the trick for you .. you'd think ..
    A log like this could use the extra pragmatism and who better to play Devil's advocate then someone I know and respect. You're thoughts and opinions are always welcomed in my log, Thomas.
    NSCA - CSCS
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.

....NO! NO, IC!

Holy $hit, bro; 1,500mg/week minimum when you ran it ?!
    As in 4-6 cc's week [@ 250-300mg/mL] ?

.. that's also taxing as hell on your wallet..

.. and nuts . .

28. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.

A log like this could use the extra pragmatism and who better to play Devil's advocate then someone I know and respect. You're thoughts and opinions are always welcomed in my log, Thomas.
    .. haha, Sam, I appreciate you not feeling disrespected by my previous comments in your thread.. Like I said, I'm not trying to bring on the hate, I'm merely emphasizing various factors I always take into consideration when choosing to make any economic decision. 'Cost' vs 'the benefits of such a decision' vs 'does it make sense' vs 'what are the options' . .

29. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.

V, I gotta be all repped out .. for 3-4 days now, You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to VolcomX311 again.

30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Holy $hit, bro; 1,500mg/week minimum when you ran it ?!
    As in 4-6 cc's week [@ 250-300mg/mL] ?

.. that's also taxing as hell on your wallet..

.. and nuts . .
    Last time I ran Enanthate was @ 1g/wk (500mg, 2x/wk). Last time I ran Propionate was @ 1.4g/wk (200mg ED).

I wouldn't call it nuts...I would call it...Beautiful. All things considered, though, totally not worth it. I'm much happier being natural.

If I were to run it again it would be Enanthate @ 1500mg/wk, for at least 20 weeks. But I'm not going to, so that's that.
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  123 lbs.

I've been blessed with poop water, now all is well.
    That's then what I've been missing all along, can I have some too, PLEEEZE Poops !!!!!
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  123 lbs.

I have good/bad news. These pre-Prime logged workouts were meant to be a gauge of current strength, in order to contrast against Prime cycle gains. The good/bad news is that this morning was one of my strongest performing trap/delt workouts I've had all season, so the bar has been set pretty high.

One of the main reasons I suspect for these gains are the newly established neuromuscular adaptions. I've been "transitioning" from high volume/moderate intensity, to high intensity/moderate volume for a few weeks now and I believe that transition is over.

Enough with the BS'ing, on with the show.

Barbell Shrugs
    225lbs x 15 reps
    315lbs x 12 reps
    375lbs x 10 reps
    405lbs x 8 reps

Behind The Neck, Smith Barbell Shrugs
    315lbs x 10 reps
    375lbs x 10 reps
    405lbs x 8 reps

Db Shrugs
    125lbs Db's x 15 reps
    125lbs Db's x 12 reps
    125lbs Db's x 12 reps
    125lbs Db's x 12 reps

Seated Shrugs
    270lbs x 10 reps
    270lbs x 8 reps
    270lbs x 8 reps

Behind The Neck Shoulder Press
    225lbs x 10 reps
    225lbs x 8 reps
    225lbs x 6 reps

Hammer Shoulder Press
    180lbs x 10 reps
    180lbs x 8 reps
    180lbs x 6 reps

Seated, Cable Shoulder Press
    100lbs x 15 reps
    120lbs x 12 reps
    140lbs x 10 reps

And THAT is moderate volume ?!

Definitely NOT "just another" Prime log Volcom, those are high base standards
    Let's see how far the ultimate muscle pill gets you!
  33. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

checking in.

although ill probably never run prime seeing the price tag im interested in your results.
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

.. haha, Sam, I appreciate you not feeling disrespected by my previous comments in your thread.. Like I said, I'm not trying to bring on the hate, I'm merely emphasizing various factors I always take into consideration when choosing to make any economic decision. 'Cost' vs 'the benefits of such a decision' vs 'does it make sense' vs 'what are the options' . .
    You don't sound like you're "hating" at all. You don't ever express opinions about PRIME being a shenanigan product per se, you've only voiced your dissidence with marketing practices and other venues where you'd prefer to spend "that much money." Passion in our opinions can make them "sound" more negative then they really are.

For me, I've been looking for a solid product that doesn't require legitimate PCT (I have no connects) and does not cause lethargy (because my lifestyle and schedule simply cannot afford it). Therefore, if PRIME performs like a Junglewarfare or 3-AD "for me," then the extra money is well worth it (I've had abnormal success with both for those of you raising your eyebrows at the JW, 3-AD comment). However, I can understand for someone as experienced and able to get "the hook up" stuff, like yourself, then PRIME's most notable aspect is it's price comparison. If I were in your shoes and would be able to have the thoughts, "I could get this guaranteed legit stuff" for the same price or less, then I'd probably feel the same way.

JW doesn't require legit PCT and it works amazing for me, but the lethargy is more then I can afford, which is why I've been trying to give my bottle away for the last two logs!

The lack of PCT and lack of lethargy is worth a lot of money in my life and my situation.

I also understand your distaste for the market strategy. I don't expect anything outrageous, as I've been supplementing for YEARS and NOTHING has delivered anything "outrageous" from the supps I've tried. I suppose ECA does deliver outrageous energy, but as far as results, almost everything I've tried has been either "as expected" and up to, "very good" but I've been doing this long enough to not expect, "outrageous" results.

If PRIME performs well, then I'll be grateful and excited to have fond a reliable product for strength purposes, if PRIME disappoints, it won't be the first, ya know.
    NSCA - CSCS
  35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

And THAT is moderate volume ?!

Definitely NOT "just another" Prime log Volcom, those are high base standards
    Let's see how far the ultimate muscle pill gets you!
    I think my definition of volume pertains to limited sets and reps, as oppose to overall exercises

Always nice to have AM's house favorite dropping by.
    NSCA - CSCS
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

That's then what I've been missing all along, can I have some too, PLEEEZE Poops !!!!!
    After Thanksgiving, I'm sure there shall be no shortage
    NSCA - CSCS
  37. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Re-living the old

Due to blown erectors, I am limited to vertical movements in my back exercises for the time being. I performed some horizontal resistance during my last back workout, keep a real keen attention on avoiding any leaning back in order to protect my erectors and i still somehow, re-aggravated my erectors into the point of muscle spasms.

The real blow here, is I absolutely cannot perform my beloved dead lifts. You won't be seeing any dead lift logs during my PRIME run, but I wanted it to be known that I LOVE dead lifts, they are my favorite lift. The strongest I've ever gotten was 495lbs x 2 reps.

I'm going to post "OLD" dead lift videos to ensure my love and wish that I could be doing deads if able.

I have a 405 for 6 or 8 reps, which isn't that great. During my peak I could hit 10 on any given Sunday, and my second video is 475 for 3 reps, and my best with these are 6 reps. These were taken after a 3 month break from a SERIOUS re-aggravation of my lumbar during last spring, which kept me bed ridden for 3 days. This would be my 3rd session back, since I stopped 3 months prior, which is why my performance was about 60% of what I was able to do.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47bTdVzFK-8"]YouTube - Dead lifts[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xb3XNYzekw"]YouTube - Dead lifts 2[/ame]

Damn injuries... Life goes on. There you have it, so when my back workouts look very one sided, primarily vertical movements, it's because I'm forcefully relegated to it, not because I've gone full retard.

NSCA - CSCS
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    checking in.

although ill probably never run prime seeing the price tag im interested in your results.
    for sure, go BJ Penn!
    NSCA - CSCS
  39. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Test E = $1.10/g + BA/BB + Whatman + Vials = more like $90 for 12 weeks cough, cough

Aside from that, I do not think anybody is really suggesting that PRIME need be run at 9 caps@day to achieve results, not by any means. I merely mentioned in a thread I had experienced dose-dependent results at 9 caps as compared to 6, and Volcom decided that was something he was interested in; that being said, the vast majority of individuals experiencing positive results were using it as per label directions.
  40. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Are you going to update your Sig with the Prime log Volcom?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Volcom's Nata-Prime-Pro-911-Madrol-iian log
    By VolcomX311 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 02:09 PM
  2. Volcom's PRIME & T-911 Stack
    By VolcomX311 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 570
    Last Post: 08-19-2009, 10:07 PM
  3. David Letterman Gets Personal With Optimus Prime !
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 07:51 AM
  4. Man Legally Changes His Name To Optimus Prime !
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-10-2007, 12:22 PM
  5. TRANSFORMERS "OPTIMUS PRIME vs BONECRUSHER" !!!
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-06-2007, 08:43 AM