Volcom's Optimus PRIME Log

Page 2 of 54 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    What's your bf like right now? Maybe if you got into crazy single digit BF you might still have a brad pitt in you.
    I've never been lower then 12%, I think I'd need lipo to get any lower. I'm not sure where I am at the moment. I'm lean enough to see upper abs and serratus, but the lower abs are MIA to the fullest. I can respectfully wear underarmour, which usually tells me where I'm at. I don't really get too concerned about bf% this time of year, only during late spring and into the summer do I really start focusing on being lean as possible.
    NSCA - CSCS

2. Happy Thanksgiving to all !
    VikingInc's Journey towards NSL Physique 2016 competition on March 12, 2016, in Houston, Texas.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I've never been lower then 12%, I think I'd need lipo to get any lower. I'm not sure where I am at the moment. I'm lean enough to see upper abs and serratus, but the lower abs are MIA to the fullest. I can respectfully wear underarmour, which usually tells me where I'm at. I don't really get too concerned about bf% this time of year, only during late spring and into the summer do I really start focusing on being lean as possible.
    Ugh, I wish I was the same way . . . but no, I get overly conscious of any weight/water/fat gain. I wish I could - with a clean conscience - eat the normal amount of foods around the HOlidays as I have been all my life (excluding the past couple of years) .. Can not stand it ! As a result, i find myself @ the same weight I did a year ago . .
    VikingInc's Journey towards NSL Physique 2016 competition on March 12, 2016, in Houston, Texas.

4. Subbed bro, and i have to say, this is great news to see a trusted and well respected person who has been a great help to me, running this log, i will be watching with eager anticipation, and following closely to see your results, and if its anything like TG'S and Poops, its going to be one hell of a ride..

BTW i like the optimus prime thingy, good move bro!!!

5. what is all this noise in here........
    •   

6. How could I have missed this log until Page 2? Looks like I am losing touch! In any case, it is my pleasure to follow your log, bud!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.

7. Quote Originally Posted by russianstar View Post
    Subbed bro, and i have to say, this is great news to see a trusted and well respected person who has been a great help to me, running this log, i will be watching with eager anticipation, and following closely to see your results, and if its anything like TG'S and Poops, its going to be one hell of a ride..

BTW i like the optimus prime thingy, good move bro!!!
    Thanks Russian, you're good company. You're one of, if not thee kindest person I've met here.
    NSCA - CSCS

8. Quote Originally Posted by Australian made View Post
    what is all this noise in here........
    That's what I'm say'n, What's all this fuss about and who is this Volcom character?

NSCA - CSCS

9. Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    How could I have missed this log until Page 2? Looks like I am losing touch! In any case, it is my pleasure to follow your log, bud!
    Thanks Strategic, great to have The Oracle following along.
    NSCA - CSCS

10. Quote Originally Posted by vikinginc View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving to all !
    Happy Cheat Day to everybody
    NSCA - CSCS

11. Quote Originally Posted by thundergod View Post
    First in!! I hope you enjoy the PRIME as much as I did big V. Don't let the doubters, haters, and nay-sayers deter you from putting everything you've got into it. I know you won't. One has to put the necessary effort into all aspects of running any kind of "cycle", be it natty or otherwise. This involves diligence in the gym and at the table. I wonder if some of these haters put as much effort into their PRIME runs as they did into their denouncing it afterwards??!! I'd hate to be so shallow as to train like shit and eat like shit and then blame a compound for my lack of results. Sorry V. You said you didn't want ranting up in here. Well, this was just venting. LOL Go get 'em here big V!!!
    Yeah, great results do NOT come from magic

[ame="http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=I_OKlZLfB3s&feature=re lated"]YouTube - cabine d'essayage[/ame]

Looking forward to this ride V

12. Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=I_OKlZ...eature=related

I'm glad to have you along, DF.

To my utter surprise, I did not engorge myself during Thanksgiving dinner. I think I actually ate less then I normally do. However, I did have two slices of pumpkin pie (one normal, one 1/2 slice) and a 1/4 helping of cake.

I only had ONE, medium helping plate of Thanksgiving Dinner. ONE! and I felt satiated, strange....
    NSCA - CSCS

13. WOOOHOOO!!!!

Thanks for shootin me the link on this my man!!! I woulda been upset if I missed out on this any further!

LOVE the big ass optimus prime pic to start, very clever, very cool!

Well man Im sure youll know Ill say your in for one hell of a ride!!! Given you responded well to other supplements that I did well with too I feel you wont be one of the unlucky non responding few, but I guess thats what we are all here to see, eh?

Well good luck my friend, cant wait to see you progress on this stuff. You have poops blessing

14. Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=I_OKlZ...eature=related

OMG DF !!! lol.. you found more of these guys, LMAO

Gotta love em.. just saw all those related clips pop up at the end of the vid too, gonna go watch em all now... look what you did.

15. Subb'd!!!

16. Quote Originally Posted by poopypants View Post
    WOOOHOOO!!!!

Thanks for shootin me the link on this my man!!! I woulda been upset if I missed out on this any further!

LOVE the big ass optimus prime pic to start, very clever, very cool!

Well man Im sure youll know Ill say your in for one hell of a ride!!! Given you responded well to other supplements that I did well with too I feel you wont be one of the unlucky non responding few, but I guess thats what we are all here to see, eh?

Well good luck my friend, cant wait to see you progress on this stuff. You have poops blessing
    I've been blessed with poop water, now all is well.
    NSCA - CSCS
  17. Pre-Prime; Traps pre-exhaust Delts workout

I have good/bad news. These pre-Prime logged workouts were meant to be a gauge of current strength, in order to contrast against Prime cycle gains. The good/bad news is that this morning was one of my strongest performing trap/delt workouts I've had all season, so the bar has been set pretty high.

One of the main reasons I suspect for these gains are the newly established neuromuscular adaptions. I've been "transitioning" from high volume/moderate intensity, to high intensity/moderate volume for a few weeks now and I believe that transition is over. Most likely, I've established the strength catalyst adaptions, such as increased recruitment of muscle fibers per motor unit and coordinated motor firing (increased neuron firing, decreased antagonist contraction are a strength/power thing, but motor units deal primarily with strength alone; and increased release of calcium of the T-tubles blah blah blah, basic premise, a lot of thingy's happen to get you more stronger).

Enough with the BS'ing, on with the show.

Barbell Shrugs
    225lbs x 15 reps
    315lbs x 12 reps
    375lbs x 10 reps
    405lbs x 8 reps

Behind The Neck, Smith Barbell Shrugs
    315lbs x 10 reps
    375lbs x 10 reps
    405lbs x 8 reps

Db Shrugs
    125lbs Db's x 15 reps
    125lbs Db's x 12 reps
    125lbs Db's x 12 reps
    125lbs Db's x 12 reps

Seated Shrugs
    270lbs x 10 reps
    270lbs x 8 reps
    270lbs x 8 reps

Behind The Neck Shoulder Press
    225lbs x 10 reps
    225lbs x 8 reps
    225lbs x 6 reps

Hammer Shoulder Press
    180lbs x 10 reps
    180lbs x 8 reps
    180lbs x 6 reps

Seated, Cable Shoulder Press
    100lbs x 15 reps
    120lbs x 12 reps
    140lbs x 10 reps

I really wanted to finish off with a shoulder isolated movement, such as lateral raises, but I was done. I haven't gone this heavy on "behind the neck" shoulder presses, EVER, and definitely not with this much success. I frequent 225 with military presses, not behind the neck.

Pro's and Con's about the trap pre-exhaust. I wasn't in the mood to lift this morning, I'll be honest. I played with the idea of either biceps, back, or shoulders and none of them seemed appealing, so I thought I'd do a pseudo-workout and hit all traps, which isn't that out of the ordinary for me, I'm a fan of traps and forearms like no other, oddly so.

You can't help but get the testosterone flowing when you throw around 405lbs (ESPECIALLY with deads!), but shrugs will do it too. So my energy went up, motivation shot up, and innovation awakened. Furthermore, following my shrugs, my shoulders were so oiled up and primed for presses and after having hundreds and hundreds of pounds bearing down on your axial skeleton, seated presses with half the weight felt like a walk in the park.

Con, the delts don't get all the attention they deserve due to limited energy, but I don't always train traps first, so its alright this time.
    NSCA - CSCS

18. jesus man. first workout and youve already out done yourself. good luck topping this one

19. Doesn't that almost sorta piss you off when you aren't in the mood to lift yet you totally crush everything?

...even worse is when you are totally amped to lift and then your strength ends up being sub-par.

20. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Good luck Sam! Glad to see you chose to run this solo. Also if you picked this up at NP and bought it before the 7% sale, we can apply it retroactively

About the dosing, it's a personal preference thing. We still don't know how PRIME works, but I think running it a 9caps/day, 7 days/week would be the best way, but it's your call. Good luck

yes personal indeed, i ran 6 aday for 7 days stright and had lable like results
    in my new log i will be dosing 9 aday for a week to induce the 4th week type results much quicker

21. Quote Originally Posted by rolandajoint View Post
    jesus man. first workout and youve already out done yourself. good luck topping this one
    Well, it's not my first workout (with PRIME) yet. These are pre-Prime comparisons. Good workout, nonetheless.
    NSCA - CSCS

22. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Doesn't that almost sorta piss you off when you aren't in the mood to lift yet you totally crush everything?

...even worse is when you are totally amped to lift and then your strength ends up being sub-par.
    The latter bugs me the most, the first is usually a pleasant surprise. My flat bench was subpar for the longest time, prior to my week long rest and that'll break your spirits. I'm good now.
    NSCA - CSCS

23. If I end up buying this crap, I'm going all-out and dosing it IC style: No less than 12 caps per day.

Of course stacked with an AI.

24. No one should buy crap!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.

25. LOL took me a second to follow that one there strat.

26. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    If I end up buying this crap, I'm going all-out and dosing it IC style: No less than 12 caps per day.

Of course stacked with an AI.
    I would like to RSVP that 12 cap IC dosing if it goes down.
    NSCA - CSCS

27. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I would like to RSVP that 12 cap IC dosing if it goes down.
    If you end up having good results, I can safely say that I will probably do it. Are there really any negative sides that would be associated with a high dose like that?

28. extreme muscle mass and a possibility of pushing your body beyond what it should be capable of and hurting a tendon or muscle.... serious.

I would seriously invest in some cissus for that run.

29. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    If you end up having good results, I can safely say that I will probably do it. Are there really any negative sides that would be associated with a high dose like that?
    severe change in wallet/checking account volume . .

.. and cross your fingers for it being worth it in terms of results.

30. Quote Originally Posted by vikinginc View Post
    severe change in wallet/checking account volume . .
    Haha. Ya, that's why I'm watching Volc's log, first. If it's worth it, I'll do it, but for a 30 day run @ $165, it better be pretty freaking amazing.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Volcom's Nata-Prime-Pro-911-Madrol-iian log
    By VolcomX311 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 03:09 PM
  2. Volcom's PRIME & T-911 Stack
    By VolcomX311 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 570
    Last Post: 08-19-2009, 11:07 PM
  3. David Letterman Gets Personal With Optimus Prime !
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 08:51 AM
  4. Man Legally Changes His Name To Optimus Prime !
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-10-2007, 01:22 PM
  5. TRANSFORMERS "OPTIMUS PRIME vs BONECRUSHER" !!!
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-06-2007, 09:43 AM