Volcom's Optimus PRIME Log

Page 11 of 54 First ... 691011121316 ... Last
  1. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    Mullet! That's national copyright infringement man -- we got the patent on that word for another two yrs., you can't use that word in Canada yet!
    We negotiated a conditional agreement predicated upon the contextual use of the word or any derivatives thereof.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Prime + 6-OXO sounds nice.

He was talking about running Prime with MMV2/M1D? Wouldn't the Prime be better in PCT?
    Clearly I'm keeping this run solo. However, should I choose to continue with a theoretical PRIME stack, would DTHC be too redundant? I ask not because the two interest me as a combination, its just because I still have almost a full bottle of DTHC.

I'll keep 6-OXO on the brain storm list.
    NSCA - CSCS
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    We negotiated a conditional agreement predicated upon the contextual use of the word or any derivatives thereof.
    The exchange for "meh" was that we can say "aboot" but it's not catching.
    NSCA - CSCS
    •   

4. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    The exchange for "meh" was that we can say "aboot" but it's not catching.
    Actually, the exchange was 'meh' for Celine Dion. Have fun.
  5. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Clearly I'm keeping this run solo. However, should I choose to continue with a theoretical PRIME stack, would DTHC be too redundant? I ask not because the two interest me as a combination, its just because I still have almost a full bottle of DTHC.

DTHC hit differently, so it would be like 2 good things (well if you respond to Prime I suppose) at once. I would do it after you've assessed Prime solo.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.

Actually, the exchange was 'meh' for Celine Dion. Have fun.
    Line forms here!
    SFW and GFH
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    DTHC hit differently, so it would be like 2 good things (well if you respond to Prime I suppose) at once. I would do it after you've assessed Prime solo.
    Sounds good. That may have to be tried.
    NSCA - CSCS
  8. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Oh.. okay. Thanks for clearing that up.

BTW - did you get the e-mail I sent?
  9. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

To which one, Steve? Try my normal e-mail again.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
  11. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

*Looks at the sign on the door of the log*

I didn't realize it was Mullet target practice day - maybe I should start shooting back?

12. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Ahahaa.. e-mail on the way to your sig address.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

That was smart-funny.
    NSCA - CSCS
  14. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

http:// forum. bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=254932231&pos ted=1#post254932231

On the topic of PRIME, you guys must view this thread! Their would-be research skills are over the top, and the way the try so hard to be erudite/esoteric/insert-pretentious-label-here, over a worthless document, was almost too much to handle!
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Day 3; short, second workout

No excuses this time around. My triceps are the least worked muscle group I have, because for the most part, they are aesthetic free-bees and I've never really cultivated a passion for them. Therefore, I can't implicate neural this or due to past hard work that. Tonight's gains are without repentance.

Laying Double Db Triceps Extensions
    35lbs Db's x 10 reps
    40lbs Db's x 10 reps (+2 reps All Time PR)
    45lbs Db's x 8 reps (+5lbs All Time PR]
    50lbs Db's x 6 reps (+10lbs All Time PR] This was a WTF gain. There's no momentum in a laying db extension, so I can't really bad form up the weight with exaggerated body movement. I honestly, didn't think I'd ever hit 50lbs when I first started doing these, because I began on the 25's and they were challenging at first, but by the time I hit the 40's, I thought I'd made it to the top of the hill as far as this exercise was concerned]
    [Performance Rating: WOW; not World of Warcraft]

Cable, Triceps Extensions
    150lbs x 10 reps
    170lbs x 8 reps
    200lbs x 6 reps [I don't hit tri's enough to "KNOW" my workout standards for anything other then my opening exercise, but I suspect this was a PR]
    [Performance Rating: Above Average]

Cable, Reverse Triceps Extensions
    120lbs x 10 reps [like a warm knife through butter, light]
    150lbs x 10 reps
    170lbs x 8 reps [this was some kind of a PR]
    180lbs x 6 reps [therefore, this was as well]

Cable, One Arm, Reverse Triceps Extensions
    50lbs x 10 reps, each arm
    60lbs x 8 reps, e.a.
    70lbs x 8 reps, e.a.
    80lbs x 6 reps, e.a. [+10lbs PR, at least, I suspect the 70's, but I'll let that slide]

Everything felt lighter tonight and I had to workout on an empty stomach, after my second time at the performance facility today. You'd be surprised how tiring it is to run a team of football players through manually resisted sprints, one after another. I also only had 4 pieces of chicken for lunch at 2:00pm. My workout tonight began at 7:30 p.m. Therefore, if diet was any kind of performance factor, it would have been a debilitating one.

Prior to walking in the gym, I was almost certain I would not have any special surprises with my triceps workout, because my triceps are not worked consistently like my other body parts, they fall under misc auxilliary when I'm forced to do them because i can't do anything else. Therefore, I had no backdoor to accredit unusual gains to.

Another thought. I know that I know, my fiber ratio lays heavier on the type II vs type I. My workout partner and I are very similar in body type, shape, size and strength. However, when we're in a hypertrophy phase, where our numbers are 10-15 reps, he generally outperforms me with the higher rep weights. Not by a lot, but he can pull out those last 3-4 reps when I'm burnt. However, when we're in a strength phase, I am head and shoulders above him in the low 6-10 range and that margin separates even further in my favor as the reps drop to the 2-5.

I wonder if PRIME has a special inclination toward people who are type II favored, I don't know, I think I'm making excuses again, so I'll stop.
    NSCA - CSCS
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

http:// forum. bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=254932231&pos ted=1#post254932231

On the topic of PRIME, you guys must view this thread! Their would-be research skills are over the top, and the way the try so hard to be erudite/esoteric/insert-pretentious-label-here, over a worthless document, was almost too much to handle!
    the link didn't work for me when I cut and pasted it. BB.comshot is the worst, I can only imagine. I always leave that place feeling stupid after reading through some posts. Not that they make me FEEL stupid, I actually lose millions of irretrievable brain cells.
    NSCA - CSCS
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Bilskirnir, my stronghold in my realm of Thrudheim

No excuses this time around. Tonight's gains are without repentance.

50lbs Db's x 6 reps (+10lbs All Time PR] This was a WTF gain. [Performance Rating: WOW; not World of Warcraft]

80lbs x 6 reps, e.a. [+10lbs PR, at least, I suspect the 70's, but I'll let that slide]

Everything felt lighter tonight
    Another thought. I know that I know, my fiber ratio lays heavier on the type II vs type I. My workout partner and I are very similar in body type, shape, size and strength. However, when we're in a hypertrophy phase, where our numbers are 10-15 reps, he generally outperforms me with the higher rep weights. Not by a lot, but he can pull out those last 3-4 reps when I'm burnt. However, when we're in a strength phase, I am head and shoulders above him in the low 6-10 range and that margin separates even further in my favor as the reps drop to the 2-5.

I wonder if PRIME has a special inclination toward people who are type II favored,
    I don't know, I think I'm making excuses again, so I'll stop.
    I don't think it favors one class over the other Big V. My biggest surprises were the higher rep back off finishing sets where I usually was getting around 15 reps before PRIME. That turned into 20 reps or even slightly higher during the PRIME. So my type I fibers were postively affected. But at the same time, my type II fibers were also affected in very positive manner. Very positive! Well, you were there for the ride. You saw it.

Another awesome workout Sam. I'm guessing you are coming to the realization that placebo can now be ruled out. I think you are seeing the PRIME kicking in, in its true actuality now. For some it kicks in almost immediately (you and myself included) and with others it appears to be kicking in after the first week or so. Others.....I don't know. Once again, what was their training like, their diet, their commitment, etc....?

I truly believe the best is yet to come for you on this run. Keep riding the wave big V!!
    THE PAIN YOU ENDURE TODAY WILL PRODUCE THE POWER YOU ENJOY TOMORROW!!

"Ye are gods, and all of you are children of the most High."
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

No excuses this time around. My triceps are the least worked muscle group I have, because for the most part, they are aesthetic free-bees and I've never really cultivated a passion for them. Therefore, I can't implicate neural this or due to past hard work that. Tonight's gains are without repentance.

Laying Double Db Triceps Extensions
    35lbs Db's x 10 reps
    50lbs Db's x 6 reps (+10lbs All Time PR] This was a WTF gain. There's no momentum in a laying db extension, so I can't really bad form up the weight with exaggerated body movement. I honestly, didn't think I'd ever hit 50lbs when I first started doing these, because I began on the 25's and they were challenging at first, but by the time I hit the 40's, I thought I'd made it to the top of the hill as far as this exercise was concerned]
    [Performance Rating: WOW; not World of Warcraft]

Cable, Triceps Extensions
    150lbs x 10 reps
    170lbs x 8 reps
    200lbs x 6 reps [I don't hit tri's enough to "KNOW" my workout standards for anything other then my opening exercise, but I suspect this was a PR]

120lbs x 10 reps [like a warm knife through butter, light]
    150lbs x 10 reps

50lbs x 10 reps, each arm
    60lbs x 8 reps, e.a.
    70lbs x 8 reps, e.a.

Everything felt lighter tonight and I had to workout on an empty stomach, after my second time at the performance facility today. You'd be surprised how tiring it is to run a team of football players through manually resisted sprints, one after another. I also only had 4 pieces of chicken for lunch at 2:00pm. My workout tonight began at 7:30 p.m. Therefore, if diet was any kind of performance factor, it would have been a debilitating one.

Prior to walking in the gym, I was almost certain I would not have any special surprises with my triceps workout, because my triceps are not worked consistently like my other body parts, they fall under misc auxilliary when I'm forced to do them because i can't do anything else. Therefore, I had no backdoor to accredit unusual gains to.

I wonder if PRIME has a special inclination toward people who are type II favored, I don't know, I think I'm making excuses again, so I'll stop.
    Oh no I can see the hate posts going up on the anonymous board now!! lol I never thought I'd be envious of someone elses reaction to Prime because it worked very well for me but your livin the dream. Excellent!!
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

My next run I am thinking Testofen, Icariin... I am keeping a eye on that new Fenugeek extract Torabolic though. Ever since they said that Prime doesn't raise Test I have been asking myself what if you take it with something that does. I have been also considering USP run on the new PureSap bulk.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  20. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thundergod View Post
    Others.....I don't know. Once again, what was their training like, their diet, their commitment, etc....?
    I truly believe the best is yet to come for you on this run. Keep riding the wave big V!!
    EXACTLY why I wanted to see Sam run this -- someone who puts this thru the paces, intelligently & diligently, with all aspects dialed in.. Sam & Prime are both the real deal!
  21. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Ever since they said that Prime doesn't raise Test I have been asking myself what if you take it with something that does.
    Extreme synergy. Prime has been developed to be an alternative to damaging PH's & the whole cycle/PCT thing.. but, because they work on different levels (neuromuscular vs. hormonal), I think one could make some pretty outrageous stacks with this..
  22. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thundergod View Post
    So my type I fibers were postively affected. But at the same time, my type II fibers were also affected in very positive manner. Very positive! Well, you were there for the ride. You saw it.
    You're the real deal too TG!

I just happened to miss the majority of your Prime log.. didn't want you feeling left out there big guy..
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    Extreme synergy. Prime has been developed to be an alternative to damaging PH's & the whole cycle/PCT thing.. but, because they work on different levels (neuromuscular vs. hormonal), I think one could make some pretty outrageous stacks with this..
    Yah that's what I am hoping...
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  123 lbs.

I almost feel guilty about posting my results today. I had a third oddly successful day and rather then going into details about the various mediating variables, I'll accredit my overwhelming results today to these top three markers:

#1. 40% due to More "radical" neuromuscular enhancements taking place.
    #2. 30% due to new level of acquired LBM in the past 3 months of hypertophic lifting, producing new levels of strength.
    #3. 20% due to PRIME

I'm almost hoping that nothing extraordinary happens in my next workout. It's uncharacteristic of me to provide PR numbers, because most of my logs are more volume based then intensity based.

Must Read, Volcom gone socialist for a day.
    I want to bring another variable to light. I want to socialize my credit today and spread the wealth of praise. I can't rationalize today's gains. They were major to the point of disbelief, therefore, in my own way to make sense of it, I will socialize my credit.

Immediately prior to this PRIME log, I spent 30 days in a hypertrophy phase with BLUE GENE, I then extended that hypertrophy phase another 30 days, with BLUE GENE + BLUE UP, I then extended that hypertrophy phase another 30 days with White Flood + DTHC/Sunami/Icariin-50. Therefore, PRIME may be a "prime" catalyst for these gains, but I spent plenty of time, tears and toil building a foundation for these new neuromuscular mechanisms to expound upon.

In the natural order of things, I do make subtle weekly gains during a strength phase, but never to this degree. I'm a grown @$$ man with a real and currently irrationally busy life, I have no interests in fabricating anything for an internet board. I feel the need to reiterate this due to the negativity and ambiguity surrounding this product. FOR ME, it has exceeded expectations, though my expectations are rarely, prematurely set that high. I like to take it as it comes (no homo) and go with whatever my results are showing me.
    , yeah, well I don't believe a word you are saying Volcom, seriously, you are pulling my tail right ?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  123 lbs.

I was really excited about Prime, and now, thanks to you, it is even worse !!!! I hope your extraordinary workouts get even more extraordinary, if anyone can bring justice to Prime , it is YOU, MACHINE MAN
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.

yeah i gotta say, i was pretty convinced after seeing poops and TG's logs, but this is just blatantly throwing a giant sign in my face saying "buy prime you pu$$y!"

im going to ask for prime for christmas
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rolandajoint View Post
    yeah i gotta say, i was pretty convinced after seeing poops and TG's logs, but this is just blatantly throwing a giant sign in my face saying "buy prime you pu$$y!"

im going to ask for prime for christmas
    Too bad Santa is sponsored by MuscleTech.

If you're a good little boy you might get Vitakic in your stocking.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.

Too bad Santa is sponsored by MuscleTech.

If you're a good little boy you might get Vitakic in your stocking.
    i hope. im gunning for the 'O, and i figure the only way to get huge like jay or dexter is with the worlds first hardcore anabolic multi-vitamin.

and ive heard the santa story. apparently, his sleigh is powered by a new fuel system. nano-molecular-cryo-awesome-dispersion. and he killed the reindeer, and extracted new compounds which studies say increase muscle size by 3000% compared to HGH.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.

Volc, your success is making me want to do a run through my strength building phase.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Day 4; Good, but not extraterrestrial.

3 days and 4 workouts of exceeding expectations to a point of disbelief has obviously influenced my anticipation of new and exciting things. The triceps workout last night would have been my pick of the most average of days, considering my sub-par commitment to train them as I do with other body parts. Therefore, when the exceptional gains occurred in some of my triceps exercises, I was seriously impressed and bewildered.

Today was delts, a body part that I anticipated jack-in-box gains, however, it was "surprisingly" normal; normal in comparison to my previous workouts, but still good.

Behind The Neck Shoulder Presses
    225lbs x 10 reps
    225lbs x 8 reps
    225lbs x 6 reps
    [This was the first time in the past 4 workouts that something felt heavier then anticipated. Based on my recent performances, I was expecting to be surprised with an exceptional opening exercises, but no, this actually remained the same.]
    [Performance Rating: Average]

Db Lateral Raises
    40lbs Db's x 10 reps
    45lbs Db's x 8 reps
    50lbs Db's x 8 reps

Bent Over Db Lateral Raises
    50lbs Db's x 10 reps
    50lbs Db's x 8 reps
    50lbs Db's x 8 reps
    [Important Info Below; Relieves me of being a PR hack]
    [These were technically PR's, in that I haven't gone this heavy with them before, but that's just it, I hadn't tried them in the past, which does not implicate that I could not do them in the past. I normally pyramid up to 50lbs, where I would end with 10 reps, because I would normally start at 40lbs for 12-15, 45lbs for 10-12 and so on. This was my first attempt to work 50lbs across all the sets, but it's hard to say if I was "able or not able" to do this previously. If nothing else, this is a good standard at this point.]

Db Front Raises
    30lbs Db's x 10 reps
    35lbs Db's x 8 reps
    40lbs Db's x 7 reps [+1 rep All Time PR]

Barbell Shrugs
    315lbs x 10 reps
    375lbs x 10 reps
    405lbs x 8 reps
    [Performance Rating: Average]

Db Shrugs
    125lbs Db's x 10 reps
    125lbs Db's x 10 reps
    125lbs Db's x 10 reps
    [Performance Rating: Below Average]

"Another workout in the books, SIR!"

NSCA - CSCS
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Volcom's Nata-Prime-Pro-911-Madrol-iian log
    By VolcomX311 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 01:09 PM
  2. Volcom's PRIME & T-911 Stack
    By VolcomX311 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 570
    Last Post: 08-19-2009, 09:07 PM
  3. David Letterman Gets Personal With Optimus Prime !
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 06:51 AM
  4. Man Legally Changes His Name To Optimus Prime !
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-10-2007, 11:22 AM
  5. TRANSFORMERS "OPTIMUS PRIME vs BONECRUSHER" !!!
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-06-2007, 07:43 AM