Volcom's Optimus PRIME Log

Page 11 of 41 First ... 910111213 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by rolandajoint View Post
    you should look into that sony set up they have. 5 tiny satellite speakers, a decent sub, ipod dock, and receiver, for 1k i think. i think its about the same as the bose cinemate. ive listened to it in best buy, and sounds fairly good for an open area, so i imagine in a closed environment, it would sound pretty awesome. and the speakers are wireless.
    Wireless is cool in theory... Just not sure if its necessary for my space... Also - I think the technology is a bit limited, though I'm no expert.

    Honestly though, I have a huge L shaped black leather couch, and the giant TV - that constitutes my viewing area... Very little space to feed sound to.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    Wireless is cool in theory... Just not sure if its necessary for my space... Also - I think the technology is a bit limited, though I'm no expert.

    Honestly though, I have a huge L shaped black leather couch, and the giant TV - that constitutes my viewing area... Very little space to feed sound to.
    ive heard bad wireless speakers, and sony seemed to nail the technology with this one actually. and with surround sound, it always a pain in the ass to run wires, through the ceiling, around the walls, etc. wireless just makes it that much easier.

    but hey, theres tons of good systems out there. personally, i would buy things separate. i would pick up a receiver and two tower speakers, and a decent sub. then, later, you can add more to the system. center channel, surround, ipod dock, etc. thats what i have in my tiny room. a sony receiver, two yamaha 3-way towers, and a 8 inch 100 watt sony sub. and its wired to my labtop. my room is bumpin haha.

    and you cant go wrong with bose. big sound in a small package. but thats what you pay for. klipsch, polk, boston, and bose would the companies i trust. the asians dont really make quality speakers.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by rolandajoint View Post
    ive heard bad wireless speakers, and sony seemed to nail the technology with this one actually. and with surround sound, it always a pain in the ass to run wires, through the ceiling, around the walls, etc. wireless just makes it that much easier.

    but hey, theres tons of good systems out there. personally, i would buy things separate. i would pick up a receiver and two tower speakers, and a decent sub. then, later, you can add more to the system. center channel, surround, ipod dock, etc. thats what i have in my tiny room. a sony receiver, two yamaha 3-way towers, and a 8 inch 100 watt sony sub. and its wired to my labtop. my room is bumpin haha.

    and you cant go wrong with bose. big sound in a small package. but thats what you pay for. klipsch, polk, boston, and bose would the companies i trust. the asians dont really make quality speakers.
    Yeah, amen to that. The speakers definitely go to the crazy Europeans.
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    Yeah, amen to that. The speakers definitely go to the crazy Europeans.
    and a rot weiler or a couple dead bolts so we don't get a repeat of the heist of '08, otherwise known as, The Timber Job.
    NSCA - CSCS

  5. Quote Originally Posted by rolandajoint View Post
    ive heard bad wireless speakers, and sony seemed to nail the technology with this one actually. and with surround sound, it always a pain in the ass to run wires, through the ceiling, around the walls, etc. wireless just makes it that much easier.

    but hey, theres tons of good systems out there. personally, i would buy things separate. i would pick up a receiver and two tower speakers, and a decent sub. then, later, you can add more to the system. center channel, surround, ipod dock, etc. thats what i have in my tiny room. a sony receiver, two yamaha 3-way towers, and a 8 inch 100 watt sony sub. and its wired to my labtop. my room is bumpin haha.

    and you cant go wrong with bose. big sound in a small package. but thats what you pay for. klipsch, polk, boston, and bose would the companies i trust. the asians dont really make quality speakers.
    I love bose. I once bought their $125.00 headphones, as in, just head phones for that much dollo.
    NSCA - CSCS

  6. Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    Yes, that's the one.

    I'm seriously considering the Bose Cine-Mate... I know its not their biggest and baddest, but its perfect for my small apartment.
    Bose "regular" ish is still nothing to shake a stick at.
    NSCA - CSCS

  7. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    and a rot weiler or a couple dead bolts so we don't get a repeat of the heist of '08, otherwise known as, The Timber Job.
    I'm actually looking into passing a... lets call it a "current"... through my back window gate.

  8. I'm currently watching "Far and Away" on my Plasma.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    Yeah, amen to that. The speakers definitely go to the crazy Europeans.
    I have a Samsung 1400w system (6 satellites, sub) that is absolutely perfect for my small house. It came with 'wireless' speakers, though I find them useless. They still need to be routed to a receiver which consequently sends the audio signals to the actual receiver via a wireless card. Perfect for movie and H.D., gaming!

  10. I'm still rocking an old-school 7.2 Bose surround sound system and Sony reciever. Da' gave it to me when I left for college. I think I remember him buying it back when I was in 4th grade. Haha. Still works beautifully.

  11. Most likely! The quality of materials used for A/V back then were deceptively high - I would say the most basic materials used then are of a better quality than present day. It is not until you start purchasing the upper echelon of a company's line that they forfeit the truly high-quality materials.

  12. You need a receiver for a Bose surround sound system? I figured that would hook up straight to your TV?

  13. All this TV talk, and I think about how I don't even have one at university

  14. Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    You need a receiver for a Bose surround sound system? I figured that would hook up straight to your TV?
    Maybe now.

    This is 1996 stuff, man.
  15. Day 8; A more complete Back workout




    Although I am still unable to perform MOST horizontal resistance movements for back, I did incorporate a couple today that have an almost, "no lean" guarantee, as to not aggravate my erectors.

    Lat Pull Downs - Wide, overhand
    290lbs x 10 reps
    295lbs x 10 reps
    300lbs x 7 reps

    Incline Bench, Double Db Rows
    85lbs Db's x 10 reps
    95lbs Db's x 10 reps
    100lbs Db's x 10 reps
    110lbs Db's x 8 reps (PRIME-tastic)

    One Arm, Hammer Lat Pull Downs
    115lbs x 10 reps, each arm.
    125lbs x 10 reps, e.a.
    135lbs x 8 reps, e.a.

    Low Row, Machine
    300lbs x 10 reps
    315lbs x 10 reps
    330lbs x 8 reps

    Lat Pull Downs - Close, neutral
    250lbs x 10 reps
    270lbs x 7 reps
    275lbs x 6 reps

    All I'm missing are dead lifts and bent over BB rows, however, I don't foresee myself being able to safely perform either one of those lifts for quite some time. I don't even trust my back to do regular Db rows, because the static contraction of the erectors involved in that lift can aggravate my still vulnerable erectors.

    My numbers felt high today, but I'm not one to count PR's from workout to workout, that's not really style. I'll just build up a few more sessions and do a side by side, progressive comparison, which is how I normally do it. I may continue to signify PR's here and there for significant lifts, but not every set of every lift.
    NSCA - CSCS

  16. Great workout there, Volc. Very nice numbers. Hopefully in the near future I can get somewhere close to that on the WG Pulldowns. I'm only hitting 210x7 these days.

  17. Those pulldown and row weights are very impressive... My row machine only goes to 260!

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Great workout there, Volc. Very nice numbers. Hopefully in the near future I can get somewhere close to that on the WG Pulldowns. I'm only hitting 210x7 these days.
    Thanks Irish. Pull downs used to be my least favorite and weakest exercise, because when I was 100% injury free, I completely favored the horizontal lifts, bent over BB rows, any form of rows really, I always opened with deads, so by the time I got to lat pull downs, I either skipped it or I only had enough energy to do maybe 180-220lbs.

    I only started focusing on my vertical lifts around the time I started my BLUE GENE log, because that's when I re-aggravated my erectors, so I've been slowly building up since then. Of course, my recent, initial jumps had everything to do with a switch in lifting style and the PRIME-drol I'm taking, so it's a bit of a surprise for myself.
    NSCA - CSCS

  19. Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    Those pulldown and row weights are very impressive... My row machine only goes to 260!
    Thanks, my ability to perform rows are my strongest attribute, so the 315 is okay. I used to BB row 405 for 10, always followed up by T-rows with the Barbell pushed against a corner for 5 to 6 plates stacked. All this after deads. My backworkouts used to be a lot more legit. It was always, Deads, Bent Over BB rows, T-Rows, Incline Bench Double DB rows and Cable Rows. Notice the abuse of rows versus vertical movements.
    NSCA - CSCS

  20. Impressive workout, as usual, Volcom.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.

  21. Wow those are huge numbers. With very good form I can maybe get 5 plates for 7 or 8 reps on Tbar and I am considered pretty strong on this lift. I am a real stickler when it comes to technique though, but from what I have seen on your videos so far so are you.
    LG Sciences sponsored athlete
    Use "walker35" for 35% off at www.lgsciences.com

  22. Insane numbers
  23. Day 8; Second Workout




    I'm not convinced my one day rest was enough. I returned mentally refreshed, but my body still felt as thought I was beating a dead horse. I felt like this during my morning back workout, but I didn't come to this sort of realization until tonight's second, brief workout. Nonetheless, I still performed okay.

    TRAPS

    Barbell Shrugs
    225lbs x 12 reps
    315lbs x 10 reps
    375lbs x 9 reps
    405lbs x 8 reps

    Behind The Beck Shrugs
    315lbs x 10 reps
    375lbs x 8 reps
    395lbs x 8 reps

    Db Shrugs
    125lbs Db's x 12 reps
    125lbs Db's x 10 reps
    125lbs Db's x 10 reps

    Seated Shrugs
    270lbs x 10 reps
    320lbs x 10 reps
    360lbs x 8 reps
    410lbs x 8 reps (PRIME-tastic)

    Yes, I perform all traps sometimes. I "normally" tag them at the end of a back or shoulders workout, but sometimes they get special attention.

    It would have made more sense to do them this morning with my back, but I was drained and feeling hypo'ish, so I had to stop.

    I feel as though I "should" rest another day, but we'll see. I'm foreseeing a repeat of chest to make up for my subpar performance this weekend.
    NSCA - CSCS

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    Insane numbers
    Your back is looking pretty good in your avi, Emerge.
    NSCA - CSCS

  25. Volcom, homie, you need to add some pics of some sort .. see the before and afters of these brutal back and trap attacks ! .. No joke; get them pics !
    VikingInc On a Fat-SMOLDERING Journey, Sponsored by Southland Performance Products

    - My Quest To Reach 200 lbs. Is Officially In The Making!

  26. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Your back is looking pretty good in your avi, Emerge.
    Thank you good sir. I'm starting to plan for a strength regimen some time in January for a while. I might be hitting you up regarding your advice on lifting/supplements perrrrty soon.

  27. Outstanding Back-Attack there big daddy V!!! My dawg be bringin' dat shit! No holding back now. Give it all-out Hel bro.

    I'm glad I checked in here before hitting my own lats here in a few. I needed the inspiration. It hath been broughten!
    THE PAIN YOU ENDURE TODAY WILL PRODUCE THE POWER YOU ENJOY TOMORROW!!

    "Ye are gods, and all of you are children of the most High."

  28. Quote Originally Posted by thundergod View Post
    Outstanding Back-Attack there big daddy V!!! My dawg be bringin' dat shit! No holding back now. Give it all-out Hel bro.

    I'm glad I checked in here before hitting my own lats here in a few. I needed the inspiration. It hath been broughten!
    funny you should mention I did back last night and because of Volcoms lifts I pulled 5 plates plus 10 lbs for 7 reps on Tbars last night. That must be a PR, I am not sure as I don't keep track of PR's on non-major lifts.
    LG Sciences sponsored athlete
    Use "walker35" for 35% off at www.lgsciences.com

  29. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    funny you should mention I did back last night and because of Volcoms lifts I pulled 5 plates plus 10 lbs for 7 reps on Tbars last night. That must be a PR, I am not sure as I don't keep track of PR's on non-major lifts.
    Nice work! It's hard to quantify the actual amount of muscle torque it requires to pull T-bars, because unlike other resistance movements where the resistance arm is close to the body, the T-bar starts to gather weight further and further away from the body and therefore requires more and more force to overcome the resistance. I won't say T-bar loads increase in multitudes, but its definitely greater then the normal addition of weight as you would apply to other lifts.

    225lbs on the BB rows are literally a warm up weight for me, but on T-bars, 225lbs are very challenging. Lever system, torque, biomechanics, all of which work against your favor on this lift, hell, Newton's Second Law of momentum has the greatest implication on this lift in comparison to the others (in the sense of making it more challenging), all in all, good work
    NSCA - CSCS

  30. Hey Volcom, I just had a thought. Normally when I do T-Rows the way you described (loading one side of the bar, and cornering the other side) I'll put on some big plates and bang away. If possible, would it be better to just use more smaller plates to increase ROM?

  31. Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    Hey Volcom, I just had a thought. Normally when I do T-Rows the way you described (loading one side of the bar, and cornering the other side) I'll put on some big plates and bang away. If possible, would it be better to just use more smaller plates to increase ROM?
    i do that. even just using the 35's instead of the 45's give a little better contraction and stretch in the lats. 25's work good too, but i find myself running out of room on the bar.

    BUT. im a fan of using the 45's and loading up for sets of 3-5 reps, using it purely as a power move. mad pump in forearms and bis, mainly sam's beloved brachioradialis.

  32. you have an iron back just take it easy sometimes or youll blow it out. i like chest supported tbar myself.

  33. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Nice work! It's hard to quantify the actual amount of muscle torque it requires to pull T-bars, because unlike other resistance movements where the resistance arm is close to the body, the T-bar starts to gather weight further and further away from the body and therefore requires more and more force to overcome the resistance. I won't say T-bar loads increase in multitudes, but its definitely greater then the normal addition of weight as you would apply to other lifts.

    225lbs on the BB rows are literally a warm up weight for me, but on T-bars, 225lbs are very challenging. Lever system, torque, biomechanics, all of which work against your favor on this lift, hell, Newton's Second Law of momentum has the greatest implication on this lift in comparison to the others (in the sense of making it more challenging), all in all, good work
    I just know that tbar always felt right to me maybe cuz I have long arms but the position feeks natural.. Thanks by the way.
    LG Sciences sponsored athlete
    Use "walker35" for 35% off at www.lgsciences.com

  34. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    you have an iron back just take it easy sometimes or youll blow it out. i like chest supported tbar myself.
    I always feel like that thing is going to break my sternum. Obviously the more weight you are lifting the worse it is. When I was just starting out it was okay, but once you start loading 4+ skillets on there it hurts like Hell!

  35. Quote Originally Posted by rolandajoint View Post
    i do that. even just using the 35's instead of the 45's give a little better contraction and stretch in the lats. 25's work good too, but i find myself running out of room on the bar.

    BUT. im a fan of using the 45's and loading up for sets of 3-5 reps, using it purely as a power move. mad pump in forearms and bis, mainly sam's beloved brachioradialis.
    Do you switch your hands every set? I like to, I'm afraid of one hand being over the other would lead to a complete lopsided experience! Lol.

  36. Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    Do you switch your hands every set? I like to, I'm afraid of one hand being over the other would lead to a complete lopsided experience! Lol.
    Wrap this sucker behind the bar and problem solved.

    NSCA - CSCS

  37. Yep, that's what I use.

  38. Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    Hey Volcom, I just had a thought. Normally when I do T-Rows the way you described (loading one side of the bar, and cornering the other side) I'll put on some big plates and bang away. If possible, would it be better to just use more smaller plates to increase ROM?
    I see what you're saying. I would have to try it. Again, the amount of force you have to apply against that lever system is hard to quantify, so you can't say that a resistance arm 4" further out, is equal or greater to 10lbs more weight, but 4" back. For this short of a distance, I'm siding on, no. Perhaps if the bar were longer and the weight was nearing the very tip of the bar, then we may have a significant difference in length vs load.
    NSCA - CSCS

  39. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    you have an iron back just take it easy sometimes or youll blow it out. i like chest supported tbar myself.
    Piston, did you catch the Manny Paquio vs De La Hoya fight?
    NSCA - CSCS

  40. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Wrap this sucker behind the bar and problem solved.

    That's so obvious, yet I never thought of it. Thanks!



    I'll try out my theory next time and see if there is a significant difference.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Volcom's Nata-Prime-Pro-911-Madrol-iian log
    By VolcomX311 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 02:09 PM
  2. Volcom's PRIME & T-911 Stack
    By VolcomX311 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 570
    Last Post: 08-19-2009, 10:07 PM
  3. David Letterman Gets Personal With Optimus Prime !
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 07:51 AM
  4. Man Legally Changes His Name To Optimus Prime !
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-10-2007, 12:22 PM
  5. TRANSFORMERS "OPTIMUS PRIME vs BONECRUSHER" !!!
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-06-2007, 08:43 AM
Log in
Log in