PAV's ENTIRE OFFSEASON LOG

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
OFFSEASON LOG

So with my season coming to an end soon I thought I would start my log up for the entire off season. I had another log that I started a while ago to get ideas for what supplements to buy for the offseason, but this is the official log. I will continue this log all the way til August and I am hoping for this to be one of the most detailed and popular logs on AM. If you guys didn’t know, I play college football and primarily tight end. Last offseason was characterized by injury, setbacks and meeting almost none of my goals and I wish for this offseason to be drastically different. This season has gone pretty well for me so far, ive made the travel squad every week, but by no means am I near where I feel I should be. I tore my hamstring last February lifting like an idiot and it ruined my entire offseason and conditioning for football this year. Because of the injury and having to go through so much physical therapy to repair it I came into camp in absolutely horrible shape. I work extremely hard and last year it seemed to be my demise. I tried to hit a 600 deadlift and tore my hammy and got a hernia all in one day. My body didn’t represent my hard work in August and I NEVER want that to happen again.

LAST OFFSEASON WORKOUT PROGRAM:

Last year I shattered my jaw in the second week of the season and needed surgery to repair it. Consequently I lost 40 pounds and spent 3 months trying to get it back along with my strength. Once I accomplished this I kept pushing harder and harder until I started getting pretty big. I kept pushing harder and harder until I went from 180 to 225 and then I couldn’t stop myself. I lifted way too much and didn’t take days off for months. On February 14 I tore my hamstring completely and got a hernia attempting a 600 dead. I kept lifting on the hammy because frankly I had lost my mind and got hooked on pushing myself. The hernia started to bulge real bad and I hit a reality check and realized I needed surgery. This injury ruined my body and I was unable to run until two weeks before season

THIS OFFSEASON:

Obviously I don’t wana make the same mistakes as last year and I plan on lifting heavier way less and taking plenty of time off and listening to my body because you grow when u rest not when u lift. I’m planning on running 2-3 times a week with a focus on agility and speed. Ill probably lift 5 times a week and I think im gonna start off with substituting front squat for back squat. I will also try and run routes two times a week with my roommate who is a QB. My lifts are kind of weird and my routine isn’t like anything you’ve probably seen but u guys will get the hang of it and the idea behind it. Some of its body building stuff, some of its Olympic lifting but mostly its athletic based functional stuff. Last year I lifted heavy way to much and I really don’t wana go over 400 on any squats or lifts.

NUTRITION:

This part I need a lot of help with. I wana weigh somewhere between 225 and 245 for next season. I haven’t really decided yet on what kind of role I wana play. I don’t eat candy, dessert, cheese, fried foods or anything particurly fattening. I never drink soda or alcohol and stay away from high sugar drinks aside from pre and post workout. My diet is fairly clean, but im in college and I have to consume a lot of food to keep my weight up. I really need some help on dieting and when to eat what and such

SUPPLEMENTS:

I am going to break the log up into phases with different goals and supplements and as it is now my first phase is basically a recovery phase from football to get my legs back so they can lift hard. The first phase is going to consist of creatine mono, alcar, RPM, osteo sport and then cissus, Ginseng, Beta alanine, mutli vitamin, citruline malate, xtend and scivation/ optimum protein powder. I haven’t entirely decided how to dose everything just yet but ill show that later. The second phase is for when my body gets in tune. The first phase will last anywhere from 4-8 weeks and the second will be for four weeks. The second phase is gonna consist of mass fx, rpm and ATD and aPCT or reversitol. I haven’t decided on this but I want to control estrogen and keep my body safe from gyno.

If there is any supplement anyone wants me to run, just let me know your ideas or thoughts. Ive recently run a log of Osteo Sport from AN and it was awesome!!!

GOALS:

1. Get and stay healthy
2. Speed/ agility
3. Endurance- Mile time sub 6:00 (possible?? At 235)
4. Strength- Get huge!!
5. Lower Body fat
6. Increase weight
7. 300+ Clean
8. 350 Bench (huge goal)
9. Maintain squat ( last year was 500)

Body Weight: 225-240 haven’t decided yet on a goal
Mile: sub 6:00
40: 4.70

START OF LOG: The log may start as soon as Sunday. We have a playoff game Saturday at home. Ive missed the last two weeks on account of a hamstring injury in my good hamstring and im going to try and play this week. Hopefully this doesn’t damage my hammy any further, im gonna try and take it easy. Id appreciate any help or advice or comments on anything… thanks guys!!!!

I will post pics as soon as the off season starts and will entertain you guys with my lifts that severly deteriorated over season. Also ill post the stats, measurements and thoughts.....etc....ect...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd get your nutrition set first, mate. Else you could just be wasting your time, in all honesty.

And your goals are somewhat conflicting (i.e. speed/agility, endurance, and decrease fat don't really go with the other goals; and for you to achieve them ALL simultaneously, then your diet will have to be PERFECT!) You're going to be working on specific goals at certain times, and not attempt them all TOGETHER, right?

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
yes exactly the point of the separate phases. When i talk about my diet, it is very strict but im only really provided with what the dining hall provides. I have a pretty fast metabolism but during football you really dont have time to put together a 'diet' You basically eat what you can when u have time to maintain weight. I was just wondering as to some advice for a diet. I eat 6 meals a day two of which are protein shakes. My meal before bed is always egg whites and grilled chicken. My breakfast now is a bagel with egg whites and special k cereal, but thatll change to wheat bread egg whites and ???? when season is over. the other two meals are healthy but up in the air as to what they are. Theyre my two big meals.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
BTW, I am not looking to be 5 percent body fat.. That would be awesome at 235 but its just very inpratical. I was thinking of being like 9 or ten. And all of those goals seem impractical but there really not conflicting at all, its just what u need to play football. Endurance, strength, weight speed and agility can all be obtained with a proper training program, nothing like you would see in a conventional gynm.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
MONDAY PLAYOFF WEEK I

This is the first week of playoffs and Im gonna try and come back today and start practicing from a hamstring injury. The hamstring is not 100% by any means and im praying with stim, ultrasound and ice i can get through without redamaging it to bad. I know this will make the transition into offseason a little rougher, but i miss playing and its the playoffs!!!

Any help on the diet guys? I really wana know what i should eat to maintain a solid body weight of 225-240. I really dont wana have a cutting phase or anything like that. I want to maintain an almost steady body fat up until august....

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yes exactly the point of the separate phases. When i talk about my diet, it is very strict but im only really provided with what the dining hall provides. I have a pretty fast metabolism but during football you really dont have time to put together a 'diet' You basically eat what you can when u have time to maintain weight. I was just wondering as to some advice for a diet. I eat 6 meals a day two of which are protein shakes. My meal before bed is always egg whites and grilled chicken. My breakfast now is a bagel with egg whites and special k cereal, but thatll change to wheat bread egg whites and ???? when season is over. the other two meals are healthy but up in the air as to what they are. Theyre my two big meals.
I know you're a student. But maybe you should think about buying food yourself, instead of relying on the dining hall for everything. Otherwise, yeah, you'll be eating whatever, whenever, as much as possible.

BTW, I am not looking to be 5 percent body fat.. That would be awesome at 235 but its just very inpratical. I was thinking of being like 9 or ten. And all of those goals seem impractical but there really not conflicting at all, its just what u need to play football. Endurance, strength, weight speed and agility can all be obtained with a proper training program, nothing like you would see in a conventional gynm.
They're not impractical (especially from a sporting perspective). And yes, I know they can be achieved through a proper training programme. It would have to be periodized though (i.e. work on endurance and base strength first, and then move to more power, speed, etc. in later phases) and not attempted all at once, which I am sure you understand.

Good luck.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Yeah id buy my food, but im just never in my room and its very inpractical. When i say i eat whatever i dont mean that i eat unhealthy at all. Im very religious about what i eat i was just wondering what would be the best stuff to eat and when. My first and last meal of the day i can basically eat anything with eggs and chicken and cereal..

I was thinking as far as the phases go for running, speed, endurance and quickness not necessarily not to do them in phases at all. I was thinking more like setting up say 2 sprinting and agility days a week and one endurance running day a week and for the whole year up until about may when ill start running more. I will progress the difficulty and vary the volume of the training but i want to stick with all phases for my legs at all times.
It always feels that when i concentrate on one phase or have a focus on one phase my body really gets out of tune..

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was thinking as far as the phases go for running, speed, endurance and quickness not necessarily not to do them in phases at all. I was thinking more like setting up say 2 sprinting and agility days a week and one endurance running day a week and for the whole year up until about may when ill start running more. I will progress the difficulty and vary the volume of the training but i want to stick with all phases for my legs at all times.
It always feels that when i concentrate on one phase or have a focus on one phase my body really gets out of tune..
I'm not saying do 6 weeks of endurance and then 6 weeks of strength, etc. Periodization CAN be like that, but not what I mean (and certainly NOT what I would recommend). Start off with say 4-6 weeks building a base/endurance. At 4 weeks, start adding in basic strength work. You should always have 1-2 days endurance in throughout the entire programme. So, strength 1-3 days a week. After 2-3 weeks change 1-2 of those to specific strength. And then gradually start adding in speed endurance and speed and agility work (1-2 times weekly, with perhaps a strength/power session in there). Eventually, you will be doing a little of everything, but you're building a base for each and working/progressing on from that. Understand where I am coming from? Are you writing your own programme, or do you have a coach/trainer? I would go with the latter perhaps, as opposed to doing it yourself, unless you have been training for a few years and know what to do yourself. (Besides, a second pair of eyes is always useful, because someone else will see what you may miss).

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Ive been training for about five years and have had several trainers. I have a very solid base and already have endurance and speed from football season. I squat well over 500, deadlift over 500 and bench over 300. Its not like im working up from nothing. I really know how to workout and have trained with many professional athletes. The training really isnt a problem, ill scan my workout plan for the first 4 weeks and put it up soon. Im not an average joe just starting to lift though, my plan will surely clear that up for ya.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pav...welcome back! I'm in on this for sure. Just FYI...you want your log to be the most detailed, liked etc. on AM then your up to some serious competition with Rosie there. She has an epic log going.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Haha yeah im gonna try and come close in detail. Now that football is gonna come to an end soon ill have a ton of more time. I think everyone will enjoy a full year log though, and one that revolves around football!!!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
True

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Tuesday Day 2 Playoffs

Well today hasnt been a good day so far. I went to the trainer this morning and there real afraid my hammy tendon is gonna pull off the bone if i keep practicing so there not gonna clear me. This means i wont play this weekend or dress for the game and Im real pissed. This also means that the offseason has more or less started for me. Im meeting with the trainer today again and well see how that goes. I started taking Osteo sport again and hopefully thatll help with repairing the hammy.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
So i havent posted in a while because ive been real busy with school and dealing with my hamstring. I met with my physical therapist today and he measured my legs and there didnt seem to be anything abnormal between the to. There wasnt that much swelling or damage. He determined that the problem in my glute had to do with my right lower back and right hamstring firing improperly and out of order. He gave me a couple excercises to do to fix the firing and was quite optimistic about it. Today it feels like absolute crap and tommorow im hoping itll feel better and i can do the excercises and start progressing.

Tommorow is our first playoff game and if we lose tommorow the Log will start on Sunday!! I dont think ill come back even if we do win becuase i really dont wana further damage my hamstring. I want to slowly slowly progress my legs and work with my physical therapist who runs a sports performance place over the christmas break.

I have a few more questions before i start the log... I still need some input as to my diet.

first meal of the day is two peices whole wheat toast, egg white omlet and two whole eggs, cereal and skim milk

25 gram protein shake

Lunch is always whole wheat pasta, whole wheat wrap with turkey and hot sauce, 2% cottage cheese and then it depends on the meal of the day. Ussually ill try and eat a plate of refried beans or turkey or mashed potatoes.

Pre and Post workout supps
and 50 gram protein shake

Dinner: Always the same thing as lunch..

two hours before bed: Egg white omlet + 6 hard boiled egg whites

With all my meals i consume a glass of water, apple juice and skim milk. I try and get a gallon of water a day to...

Please hit me with all suggestions and comments and help, i need it. The goal here is to get bigger and keep body fat low... and maybe gain some weight too :food:

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
As for training for the next four weeks.... Mostly Back, Biceps, and chest, shoulders and tris. Oh an crunches and such for core. Cant really over do it. Lifting prob 4 times a week only and doing rehab just about everyday. I will still be taking all the supps for phase one even though i cant really do anything with my legs....

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Arite so we lost today.... Thread starts tommorow with phase 1!!!!! Its gonna be a bicep explosion day!!! my favorite day of the week. Im eating healthier and i got so much more time to chill and relax..awesome

Tonite im gonna go to the gym and do some abs and some excerices for my hamstring and see how it feels. Its a little sore today and felt like crap in the cold watching the game.

LETS GET HUGE!!!!!

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Pics coming soon Heres the supps.... I think im gonna scratch the xtend post workout and maybe take three scoops pre workout. Im not gonna take it every day only training days...

Phase 1 supplements 30+ days

Morning
Multi Vitamin
Citrulline malate 3.5 grams
Beta Alanine 1.6 grams
Acetyl L Carnitine 1 gram

Mid-Day
50 gram Protein Shake
Flaxseed Oil

Preworkout
2 scoops extend
Beta alanine 1.6 grams
Acetyl L Carnitine 1 gram
Creatine Mono 5 grams
Citrulline Malate 3.5 Grams
RPM 5 caps

Postworkout
50 Gram protein shake
2 scoops extend
Beta Aalanine 1.6 grams
Creatine Mono 5 grams
250 mg alpha lipoic acid

Night
Multi Vitamin

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Started the loading phase of creatine mono today: 20 g taking over four times during the day. Im gonna do that today monday and tuesday and then start 5 g before and after workouts following that. I feel real bloated already. Im kinda curious as to why i have like no views on this log so far ut hopefully that will pick up soon. My hamstring last nite felt pretty crappy but today its just a little sore and tight.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
1st Workout: Pipes

Seated Barbell Curl Dec 55-12 75-12 85-10 90-8 Drop 45-20 2:00
Stand Preacher Curl 45-12 55-12 65-10 75-4 2:00
Incline Db Curl 45 30-15 35-8 40-4 Drop 25-5 20-4 2;30
Hammer Curl Cross Body 25-15 30-8+7 35-5+10 2:00
Forearm Curl 75-20 75-15 75-10 1:30
Crunches 60 60 60 60
Twist Crunches 50 50 50
Ball Thigh Crunches 6 30 12 30

Im Gonna Be Copying And Pasting This From Excel So It May Not Format Sometimes. Today My Weight Was 221.2. Ive Always Weighed Myself With Shoes And My Ipod And I Stopped Doing That Today. My Workout Was Pretty Good. Ive Had Better Pumps From No Xplode And Vasocharge Than The Rpm Tho. The Preworkout Mixture Tastes Absolutly Gross, And Ive Had Some Extreme Gastrointestinal Distress All Day From Loading The Creatine. I Would Have Done More Abs But My Hamstring Was Kinda Bothering Me Doing Them So I Stopped. Overall An Ok First Day Tho. Need To Get The Hammy Better Tho So I Can Push It To The Limit!!!

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
2nd Workout Chest And Some Tris 223.7

Biceps So Sore Today....

Bench Press 135-13 185-10 230-7 225-6 220-6 215-6 3:00 223.7
185-7 165-10
Dips Bodyweight 10 7 7 1:00
Flat Flys 30-15 35-10 40-6 Push Ups Wide 6
Skull Crush 65-12 75-8 55-15 3:00
Tri Ext Burnout 100 Drop Til 40

Hammy Feels Like Crap Today. Good Chest Workout Today Though. Could Have Pushed Harder But Made Some Good Progress...

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
WORKOUTS 3 AND 4 222LBS

Hey guys sorry about not posting lately, my computer has been screwing up and i just came home for thanksgiving yesterday.

CRUCHES 60 60 60 60 60 1:30
REV CRUNCHES 25 25 25
HOT TUB
HAMSTRING FEELS LIKE CRAP

LAT PULL DOWN 130-15 160-10 170-10 180-10 DROP TO REV 100-20 2:00
HAMMER T BAR ROW 45-15 70-15 90-10 110-10 DROP 70-8 45-10 2:30
REAR DELT FLY 30-15 40-15 50-15 60-15 2:00
HIGH RAISE 50-15 60-15 70-10 40-15 WRISTS HURT 2:00
SHRUGS 40-15 LIGHT FOR SHOULDER
HAMSTRING FEELING BETTER TODAY LESS PAINFUL

As for my workouts recently i feel they have been going very well. I went to train at my home gym today and everyone said how good i looked. My back looked huge today. Im not as bulky as i was but i dont feel lean yet. I havent been able to train from like my belly button down so im not burning fat like i should. There isnt as much definition as i would like in my abs for being only 222 pounds. Recently Ive had a great mind set in thee gym and have just been so amped. I feel like barking or jumping up and down and going crazy. I dunno if that the RPM or me just being me.

As for eating at home i dont really like what we have. there certainly isnt as much food as there is at school and over christmas break im gonna need a job so i can start buying myself my food. I think im making some good progress and look good but i want to look more cut!!. The goal of this year is to put on 8-9 pounds of muscle and lose some fat. Lets say being around 230-235 just freaking solid by august. LETS GET IT!!!

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
So today is basically an off day. My hammy is kinda sore from yesterdays back workout and i think tonite all im gonna do is the workout my physical therapist gave me. Well see how that goes and heopfully it doesnt make me to sore. Didnt eat a ton today, i really hate turkey and yes am an American.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't help it. I LOVE turkey day and just pig out..lol

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Haha yeah man. for what ever reason ive never liked turkey since i was a little kid. My mom did make me ribs though and i guess that wasnt the healthiest of choices....

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
November 28 - hamstring rehab and a little abs

HOT TUB FOR WARM UP 15 MIN
HIP MOBILITY EXCERCISES
LAYING SUPERMAN 10 10 10
KNEELING ALT SUPERMAN 6 6 6
PLANKS 1:00 1:00 1:00
CRUNCHES 60 60 60
SIDE PLANKS 1:00 1:00 1:00

I really didnt wana right up anythinga bout my hammy as to not jynx myself but it feels pretty good today even after doing that rehab yesterday. Ussually it feels like crap the day after. Could it actaully be healing??? :)

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What do they have you dong as rehab for it?

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
well basically im just doing a lot of activation excercieses to get the muscles firing correctly. The physical therapist said my lower right back and hamstring arent firing in snyc with my glute. Im always getting stim, ultrasound and some massages on it. I havent been strecthing it really cuz it really isnt there yet but i think im making some progress. Im gonna call my physical therapist monday. Ill post my bicep workout from today tommorow with my chest workout. Had some sweet pumps today and weighed in at 224!!!

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
If you want excercises speciffically or anything like that just let me know. I tore my other hammy up terribly last year and had to get an MRI and some real serious help to fix it. Unfurtunatly i have a lot of experience in the area.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
So today was a terrible lift. My triceps were fatigued, the gym i worked out at didnt have a 30 degree bench, i didnt eat a whole lot all day and i was light....220 thats SHI*TY!!!Im so pissed off after lifting today. Im gonna post my lifts from the last two days and pictures and measurements tommorow i think. So hopefully that may get me some more attention. Ive also decided to take mass fx and restore over christmas break starting decemeber 13.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Close Grip 50-15 60-15 70-15 80-6 90-3 1:30
Incline Cable 20-15 40-15 50-12 60-6 Drop 30-10
Seated Alt Db Curl 25-10 30-10 35-10 40-5
Rev Curl 40-15 50-15 60-15 70-5 Drop 40-5 30-5 20-10
Forearm Db 35-10 40-15 45-8

Incline Barbell 135-13 155-10 185-6 175-6 165-7 160-7 3:00
135-10 135-12
Crunches 60 60 60 60
Db Press 40-15 50-15 55-8 45-10 40-12 1:00
Dips 10 8
Side Raises 10 15 15-12 20-6 Drop To Holds 2:00
Flys 30-15 35-15 40-7 2:00
Twist Crunches 50 50 50
Seated Twists 30 30 30
Terrible Workout. Didn’t Eat A Whole Lot Felt Sick, Triceps Tired, Bench Not 30

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Thats the workoust from the last two days....yesterday was aweful. And im feeling a little sick today. FU*K

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
MONDAY

So today i weighed in at 225.5. This was a good weigh in but i was very bloated. All i did today was some hip mobility excercises and hamstring activataion stuff. No real lifting. Its really a pain in the butt to see other guys especially those who play my position able to lift legs. Overall though the hamstring is improving.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
So heres my dreadful looking pics. This is how u look after a football season and not being able to do cardio.....I took these at 9:00 being very bloated. Body fat somewhere between 15 and 20 and im weighing 225ish in these pics..

Attachments

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
In the above u really cant tell cuz my nipples are hard but i have some pretty nasty gyno in both my pecs from puberty....

Heres todays workout. It was pretty good prob a 3 out of 5. My delt and right hand were bothring me for some reason.

TOWEL PULLS/ PEANUT 10 10 10
REV LAT PULL DOWN 100-15 115-15 130-15 145-15 160-7 4 HALFS 2:45
CRUNCHES 60 60 60 60 60 60
T BAR ROW 45-15 65-15 75-15 75-15 85-6 DROP 45-8 2:45
SHRUGS 55-20 65-20 70-10 RIGHT WRIST AND HAND HURTS
REV CRUNCH 20 20
REV FLYS 30-15 30-15 40-15 50-15 60-14 40-15 R REAR DELT HURTS 2:00
HIGH RIASE 45-15 55-15 65-15 70-10 2:00
TWIST CRUNCH 50 50 50
TWISTS 30 30 30
PLANK 1:00 1:00 1:00 1:00

Oh and heres what i did yesterday...
HIP MOBILITY EXCERCISES
FLAT SUPERMAN
ALL FOUR SUPERMAN
LIGHT STRECTHING
FOAM ROLLER
ICE 15 MIN
HAMSTRING PAINFUL WHILE DOING SIDE PLANK LEG SWINGS, STILL DOESN’T FEEL FLUID AT
ALL WHILE STRECTHING. PROGRESSING AND FEELING BETTER
VERY BLOATED WHEN WEIGHING IN. SORE AND PAINFUL HOUR OR SO AFTER AND NIGHT

leanbody

leanbody

Awards
Hey man - seems like you need more nutrition. i'd add in some more breakfast - at least 2 cup of oatmeal (real stuff, not sweetened packs- add Splenda if you want sweetness)
also add some nonfat cottage cheese at bedtime - again add splenda and vanilla if you want it to taste like dessert.

Good luck bro - sure you'll do well!

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
You mean in addition to what i listed already i guess.... Its tough cuz im in college and really never in my room. I recently added a scoop off casein protein before bed and have been eating 12 or so egg whites. Instead of the oatmeal im eating a thing of specail k cereal rite now about two hours after breakfast. I cant really get my hands on oatmeal in the morn so i guess cereal is the next best thing. Thanks for the help...its just real rough being in college. Im going home for an entire month in two weeks and im going to try to put together a diet of the best foods and stuff i should be eating cuz ill be able to cook and grocery shop....

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
My hamstring is feeling pretty painful today. Yesterday the trainers had me doing some reverse flexion stuff and backwards step ups. I had done some PT the day before and and thats the first time i did so much in two days. Im hoping the pain is just fatigue of some sort and not extra damage of any kind. All i did today was get stim and ice the hammy. The pain actaully got much worse after the stim which ussually doesnt happen. Hopefully itll feel better tommorow. I kinda ran out of body parts to train and didnt really do anything today. As for tommorow im planning on doing biceps and abs. I know i did back yesterday and fatigued my biceps already but well see how they feel tommorow.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Today was a bicep workout and it didnt go as well as i would have liked. My biceps were pretty shot from doing back two days ago. The hammy is a little painful today and i cut the rehab excercises in half hopefully itll feel good tommmorow. I need it to get better. heres the workout....weighed in at 222.1 today and i wasnt bloated at all.

KNEELING 100-15 120-13 100-12 90-12 80-15 1:30
STAND ONE ARM PREACH 30-12 35-7 40-2+10 25-12 1:30
WIDE GRIP BARBEL 50-12 70-7 55-12 2:00
CABLE HAMMER CURL 30-15 40-11 30-2 20-5 12-Oct
FOREARM CURLS 55-15 75-15 85-15
SIDE FOREARMS 10 15 12.5-5 15-15
CRUNCHES 60 60 60 1:30
BICEPS REAL TIRED FROM DOING BACK AND DIDN’T GETTING A GREAT PUMP. ALSO
WEIRD PAIN IN RIGHT COLLAR BONE

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Today was sick workout!! Got some PRs!!! I did lose some mental focus towards the end of the workout and started conversation but it was awesome. The hamstring is ok, it should feel good tommorow but well see....I dunno why the RPM does this to me but about 3 hours after i take it i have the jitters real bad and my mind is racing its a really weird feeling....

FLAT DB PRESS 40-15 60-15 75-15 90-10 100-7 110-5 3:00
ALT DB PRESS 45-12 45-12 50-12
MAX PUSH UP 26 16 20
SKULL CRUSH 55-15 60-10 65-10 70-8
DECLINE FLYS 25-15 30-15 35-14
SEATED DIPS 20 15
GOOD LIFT, MAY HAVE AGGRAVATED HAMMY THOUGH BY PICKING UP WEIGHTS AND DIPS
NO PT TODAY, GIVING HAMMY A REST

Not to bloated today weighed 224.7...

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
so sore today prob just gonna do some abs and hamstring stuff...

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
The last two days my left pec/ armpit has been pretty sore ever since lifting chest. Hopefully theres no damage there and just bad soreness from it cramping after my lift. If the pain persists maybe ill take some extra days off between now and my next chest lift. Dont want another injiury!!! Today im gonna be lifting back.. My abs and rehab went pretty well last nite and my hammy doesnt feel to crappy today. So that means im making some progress. I start 4 weeks of PT a week from tommorow....

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Todays workout was pretty good...did back. I weighed in at 223.6 and was pretty bloated so thats not good. Gotta increase my calories. My left pec is also still pretty dam sore which is not good at all. My hammy is def making progress tho, knock on wood... Did get a bit distracted though towards the end of the workout by talking to someone..

TOWEL PULL/ PEANUT 10 10 10
WIDE GRIP LAT PULL DOWN 100-15 115-15 130-15 145-15 160-15 170-15 2:30
T BAR ROWS 45-15 65-15 75-15 85-11 2:40
SHRUGS 60-20 70-20 80-20 2:30
REV FLYS 40-15 50-15 60-15 40-15 BETTER FORM
HIGH RAISE 45-10 65-10 WRIST HURTS
LEFT PEC PRETTY SORE AND PAINFUL- HAMMY FEELING BETTER TODAY- DEF PROGRESSING

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what I did when i couldn't train heavy was add some bodyfat, it takes a lot more to get it off because youve slowed your metabolism down by adding it, with that said your not doing a bodybuilding show , model shoot, etc and as long as you do your cardio to keep your speed up adding a few lbs to keep size is fine/ especially for football.

My old training partner was like 6 ft 240 at 21. incredibly strong and fast for as big as he was. reminds me of Brock lesnar a bit.

keep us updated on how you got your arm well

when you say 45 you mean 45 per side correct?

This is how I write numbers in my log as well.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
As for the forty fives...thats just overall weight, not per side. The shurgs were db shrugs though...probally should have written that down. As for training heavy im making some real good progress right now with high volume and high reps and keeping the amount of excercises low. Its not that i cant train heavy but i really cant sqaut, deadlift or do cardio now because of my hamstring injury. The chest seems to be getting better and im probablly gonna hit up a big chest and tricep day on thursday or friday.

Im still real young and my metabolism runs pretty fast, but without being able to do any cardio my body fat will prob go up. Im starting PT next monday for four weeks and hopefully thatll help me leg get back.

Im also starting mass fx and restore this weekend i think so well see some good gains from that. Ill post some picture this weekend when i go home and ill see if theres any progress so far

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
I forgot to mention this...but i measured my arms last nite and my right bicep is a little over 16.5 and my left is like 16.2. My forearms are way off and my left is a little over 13 and my right is a little over 14.....wow. How do u measure ure chest though? should i be flexing and blowing out my lats or just relaxed?

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Really kinda frustrating day today. Noticed that i have definitly put on some body fat since summer...kinda sucks considering my leg is hurt and theres basically nothing i can do about it. I worked out abs today and really all i can do is cruches becuase i really cant incorporate my hamstring... Im thinking of maybe trying an epistane pulse sometime after im done with mass fx, restore, RPM to cut down..

At the same time i dont feel i weigh anywhere near where i wana. I have lost a ton of weight by not being able to clean or squat or lift any legs for about 9 months. I pray that this winter break will get my hammy back and ill make some great progress and start running!!!!

I know the epistane thing is kinda outside the realm of this thread but i feel like i deserve to be on the feild and am gonna do whatever it takes to show up as an animal in April for spring ball.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Arite so heres my last two lifts....Yesterday was an awesome bicep workout and boy are they hurting today. Today was a chest workout and it wasnt a good one. I was light, unfucused(just had two finals) and i had to leave early. Ever since i stopped taking OSTEO SPORT my shoulder has started hurting again and my left pec is not feeling good. Its got that tired feeling that is not good. My triceps were also shot today for some reason. Im gonna take a week off before my next chest workout. Im not quite sure why my tris were dead today but they felt like absolute crap

heres the biceps 225.2

LYING CABLE CURL 12.5-20 12.5-20 17.5-20 25-15 27.5-11 1:30
PREACHER CURL 45-15 50-15 55-13 60-9 DROP 40-4 1:30
ZOTTMAN CURL 20-20 22.5-19 25-15 20-15
4 PART WALL CURL 10-50 OR SO
ROPE CURL 2-Oct 15-2 20-2
PLANKS 1:00 1:00 1:00
SIDE PLANKS EACH 1:00 1:00 1:00
CRUNCHES 60 60 60 60

Then todays terrible chest

Bench press 135-13 185-10 230-8 225-6 220-7 215-5 185-8 165-6 and thats it....oh and i weighed 222.7 what the hell?

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Im really pissed about my chest and it hurting...ive been there with pulled muscles and this is gonna suck. I felt today though that i look the biggest ive ever look. Please let the chest be better in a week or so!!!!!!!!!!

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Im so pissed about my chest...its sore up high by my clavicle, in the middle at my armpit and an inch and a half above my nipple. Im so upset about this....stupid dumbell press!!! :aargh:

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Left pec super sore....def wasnt ready to lift yesterday even though it felt fine at first. Gonna need some serious time off from my chest...Today will just be abs and hamstring rehab. Its prob gonna hurt even worse tommorow...this is gonna suck....first day where it feels ok im gonna do max push ups and shoulder and tricep stuff..