Cuttin up Panther style with Musclepharms Shred Matrix(sponsored)

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
To start off with id like to throw out a thanks to Musclepharm for this opportunity. Alright, well as you may have guessed from the title im loggin a cut for musclepharm using their Shred Matrix, and im definately lookin forward to it. Looks to be an exciting product, i cant wait to get it all started. Im not sure when it will be arriving but i thought i could set the ball in motion and start getting everything worked out. i will most likely begin the actual log in about 2 weeks would be my guess, dependin on arrival of supps. Now for the Stats:

Height:5'10"

Weight: 189

Body fat %: approx 15, i need to get it checked

Training experience: been liftin about 6 years, seriously in the past 2.

Current training program: D.C. style, 4x week, will begin with cardio 3x week soon

Goal: Cut down to about 7 % bf while maintaining muscle and strength

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
Also this is my first log, so if there's anything i leave out or do incorrectly me just let me know and i will be happy to resolve any problems. I hope to have before pics, more specific training program, and meal plan up in the next few. I hope to put on a good one for you guys. Thanks! i cant wait!:woohoo:

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Good luck!!

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Is your diet gonna be cut as far as calories or are you just gonna use the cardio to drop the excess weight?

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
i will be dropping cals, i just came out of football and have been eatin my @ss off to keep from losing muscle, ive been averaging a lil over 4000 a day, i think ill drop them to around 3000 to start, and from that decide how much lower i need to go with them.

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
good to hear, when will you be doing your log?

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
good to hear, when will you be doing your log?

I'm currently finishing up with IBE's X-force, which is another great thermogen/stimulant, fat loss/energy supplement. I won't be done with it until December, and I want to take a couple weeks off of stims so that my sensitivity will be high when I start Shred Matrix. Therefore, I should be starting my log mid December. :)

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
very nice, well good luck with that log i'll have to check it out

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
sure! I'll be posting my link in the Shred Matrix thread when I get it up next month.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Good luck man. You're going to love this stuff. Keep the diet tight and you'll have fantastic results. I recommend restricted carb or carb cut-offs to maximize results. Fasted low intensity morning cardio with BCAAs is also very beneficial. Pm me if you have any specific diet questions.

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
Good luck man. You're going to love this stuff. Keep the diet tight and you'll have fantastic results. I recommend restricted carb or carb cut-offs to maximize results. Fasted low intensity morning cardio with BCAAs is also very beneficial. Pm me if you have any specific diet questions.
I'm hopin so, and thanks for the recommendation. I had given some thought to some of the more strict carb diets, not yet decided as to whether or not im goin to give it a shot tho

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
I should have my diet and training program up tomorrow hopefully or at least in the next few days. I'll be droppin my cals tomorrow to begin the cut. still awaiting arrival of Shred Matrix, will let you guys know when its here

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
If you ever wanted to try a lower carb diet, this is the supplement to use for the transition. Shred Matrix really cuts down appetite and carb cravings.
Good Luck

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Ooo, one more tip. Since you'll be on a restricted diet, go as long as you can throughout the day without taking a packet. Once you feel those hunger pangs in between scheduled meals (somewhere around 12-1pm), then pop the pills ;)
This will help you make the most out of a tub.

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
Alright guys, i think i may have to give that a try. i'll do some more looking tonight and make the final decision. what do you think is the most effective of the carb restriction diets?

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
hey guys whats up, i just thought id give you a look into my training. Still debatin with diet, will make decision soon tho

Today(monday) my workout consisted of:

AM: 30 minutes low intensity fasted cardio(w/ BCAA's)

PM: Wide grip bench Warmup 2x 10
195 1x8
185 to failure
185 1x13
205 2 inch bottom reps 1x10
Military Press: Warmup 2x10
110 1x9
110 to failure
105 1x14
115 20 second static
Skull crushers: Warm up 2x10
75 1x9
75 to failure
70 1x12
75 23 second static
Dumbell side raises20 each 5x 10
Unassisted chinups 4x 10
Lat pulldowns warmup 2x10
125 1x10
125 to failure
120 1x 14
130 static hold 28 seconds
alright well thats it, im doin it on a d.c. style program, restpausing everything. Hope this helps, if you have any suggestions lay em on me lol

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Ill join in on this. Im not big into stimulant fat burners, but Im in for the results! Good luck man and remember diet is key!

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Alright guys, i think i may have to give that a try. i'll do some more looking tonight and make the final decision. what do you think is the most effective of the carb restriction diets?
CKD, TKD or Palumbo. If you react favorably to trace carb diets, I like the Palumbo version.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
CKD, TKD or Palumbo. If you react favorably to trace carb diets, I like the Palumbo version.
Dang rugger I didnt know you were all that into dieting? Im impressed brotha! You tested Shred Matrix correct? How did that end up going for you?

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
Ill join in on this. Im not big into stimulant fat burners, but Im in for the results! Good luck man and remember diet is key!
thanks bro, and im well aware lol im still tryin to decide what direction i want to take with this. thinkin maybe ckd or palumbo as rugger suggested.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
thanks bro, and im well aware lol im still tryin to decide what direction i want to take with this. thinkin maybe ckd or palumbo as rugger suggested.
I would be careful eliminating carbohydrates and fats below around 20%, then it begins to mess with your Testosterone production as well as other factors

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
I would be careful eliminating carbohydrates and fats below around 20%, then it begins to mess with your Testosterone production as well as other factors
If i drop the carbs i'll be uppin my fat. would it still cause much of a problem? Im leanin towards the Palumbo diet currently

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
If i drop the carbs i'll be uppin my fat. would it still cause much of a problem? Im leanin towards the Palumbo diet currently
I'll take a look at it. I usually make my own diets rather than follow a set diet, because not every diet works for everyone. If you are trying to lean out Just look at taking in healthy fats (nuts, EVOO, PB) bump up your protein and then tweak your carbs down a bit. I usually end up around 150-200G carbs (I use Pslin this is the only time when slimming down i will take in this many carbs), probably around 300 G protein, and 50-60G fats. I know this seems like alot still, but its what I typically do when leaning out.

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
ya my original plan was to continue with a similar diet while downplaying carbs and cals and boosting protein and healthy fats. have been looking tho at these low to no carb diets just out of curiousity as to how they would work for me

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
ya my original plan was to continue with a similar diet while downplaying carbs and cals and boosting protein and healthy fats. have been looking tho at these low to no carb diets just out of curiousity as to how they would work for me
Try one if you like. In the end its all up to you. I am just a person who doesn't like no carbs. I have read though of people experiencing excessive fat gains when bringing carbs back into their diets. I will just say I have had plenty of success with the listed above, I have been able to gain muscle & weight and at the same time lose fat.

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
That may be the route i take, i'm not sure how easily i could follow the no carb diet with school. i may just go low carb with a cut off of aroun 4 o'clock... maybe

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Not a problem at all. Your natural test will sky rocket with large amounts of fat. I'm eating only 25g carbs a day with over 270 grams of fat a day. A lot of people don't like trace carb diets because they make users feel weak and lethargic due to the lacking carbs, but I absolutely love it and will probably never switch off.

Here's a cut diet I did with only 10g of carbs a day. I ate a lot of spinach, but it isn't listed because the calories in it are almost negligible.

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
you guys have got me torn lol i'm gonna have to do some more searchin before i decide. hopin the Shred Matrix will arrive sometime this week

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
well each diet works different for every person. try them all. especially if this is your first true 'cut'. That way you will know for next time. Either one is a cutting diet, therefore the shred matrix will still do its thing. Just mess around for a week or so on each. Its all about self improvement in the end

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Good info Texas and Rugger!!!

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
ya thanks a lot guys, youve been really helpful. Ive decided to start the Palumbo diet today as rugger suggested will have more info up on that when i get home. hopefully the SM will have arrived today

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
sounds good man! try it out...never hurts and only helps you know your body better. What type of workout are you using? sorry if i missed this...

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
well no luck as far as the arrival of the ShredMatrix. First day of the Palumbo diet went fairly well, a few carb cravings but nothing too severe.
Diet as follows:
breakfast 4 Eggs (omega 3) 3 egg whites
snack 1 40 gram protein shake 1 tbs Natty peanut butter
Lunch 8 ounce chicken breast 1/2 cup almonds
snack 2 40 gram protein shake 1 tbs Natty peanut butter
Dinner will consist of Grilled salmon and spinach salad and 1 tbs olive oil
snack 3(bedtime) 40 gram protien shake 1 tbs natty pb

And as far as my training goes, im following the d.c. program

Tuesday workout:
Preacher curls warmup 2x10
85 1x10
85 to failure
80 1x 12
85 28 sec static
Hammer curls straight set of 38
Squat(couldnt follow d.c. style today due to only one spotter)
275 5x5
Leg curls warm up 2x10
100 1x9
100 to failure
90 1x13
90 22 sec static

well that was my day, cant wait to throw the Shred Matrix in there. will let you guys know when it shows.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
How many calories is that, grams of protein, carbs, fats?

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
about 2500 cals, 190 pro, 135 fats, 18 carbs. sorry bout not includin that, this is an estimate tho. i only decided to do this last night so i was kinda wingin it today. should be more on top of things from here out

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Good ****. I'd recommend creating an excel spreadsheet with all the data so you can sum it up quickly. Very convenient for me.

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
ya thats actually a good idea, i may have to work on that here in a bit. hadnt really thought of that lol thank you btw for all this info, its been very helpful

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
ya thats actually a good idea, i may have to work on that here in a bit. hadnt really thought of that lol thank you btw for all this info, its been very helpful
PM me your email address and I'll send you one of the excels I used to use.

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
to musclepharm reps, any idea when the SM should be arriving?

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Most likely towards the end of the week or early next week. They were all shipping out at the same time so it depends on when we got all the addresses together.

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
alright, thanks a lot. i'll look forward to its arrival

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
Alright here was my diet for today, day two of Palumbo(CKD) diet.

Breakfast cals pro fat carbs
4 eggs, 1tbs olive oil, handful cashew 580 29 47.5 7
Snack
2 scoops whey, 1 Tbs Nat PB 340 57 19 10.5
Lunch
1 fillet salmon,1spinach salad, 2 cheese sticks, walnuts 540 42 33 12
Snack
Dinner
2 chicken, mix vegetables 340 48 8 11
Snack
Totals 2140 233 126.5 51

any suggestions, just let me know. no workout today, did fasted morning cardio. still feeling no drain from no carbs, suppose thats good

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Are you taking any supplements before the fasted cardio?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 24
Supplements 27
delsolrob Anabolics 7
Supplements 13
Supplements 1