Leviathan Re-loaded and Recreate (HEAD-2-HEAD Review)

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  217.0 lbs.

Leviathan Re-loaded and Recreate (HEAD-2-HEAD Review)

Ok, first, a disclaimer. I am no expert/sponsor/researcher for any lab, and only less than a year ago I started getting interested in exercise and supplements, so take my review with a grain of salt. That being said, here goes.

METHODOLOGY:

I used L-R for 8 weeks always stacking them with DCP and following a 3 days a week weight routine and a 1-2 days a week 2-hour basketball session.

I later took a two-week break from supps and exercise, and then used Recreate for 8 weeks always stacking them with DCP and following a 3 days a week weight routine and a 1-2 days a week 2-hour basketball session.

This review takes into account weight loss, muscle gain or maintenance, energy/stamina, appetite suppression, general feeling (mood, etc), and side effects.

REVIEW:

I. Leviathan Re-loaded:

With L-R, I was able to lose 10 pounds in 8 weeks while still gaining some muscle mass, albeit not much. Still, I did not lose muscle while losing those 10 lbs, which is a plus.

I had amazing energy/stamina for playing basketball, many times playing more than two hours at a high pace, and not feeling sore the next day. I was also able to increase the amount of weight and/or the amount of reps fairly quickly, about once a week, when weight training.

Appetite suppression was great, but only for breakfast. I could not bring myself to eat 30 minutes after taking L-R in the morning. However, after the second dose in the afternoon, I was even hungrier than if I didn't take the morning dose, possibly because of how little I ate in the morning after dosing. In any case, this is not ideal. It should be less effective in the morning when people need more energy, and more effective in the afternoon, in my opinion.

As for mood, I have to admit, I fought with my wife more than usual and felt generally irritated. Every few minutes or so I would wonder why I was acting or feeling that way, and moments later I would go back to feeling generally moody.

The side effects that got to me were the bad mood, already explained, and stomach discomfort. Sometimes it would be just rumbling, other times gas, and more times that I would have liked, diarrhea. One more thing, I was sweating profusely 15 minutes after dosing and it would last for about an hour. This let you know that it was working, but man, that was a lot of sweat.

II. Recreate

With Recreate, I was able to lose 5 pounds in 8 weeks but lost quite a bit of muscle mass. The possible reason is explained below.

I had much lower energy/stamina than with L-R for playing basketball, many times playing less than two hours at a high pace, fatiguing frequently, and feeling very sore the next day and sometimes the day after that. I was not only not able to increase the amount of weight and/or the amount of reps when weight training, I actually had to decrease them (about 2.5 lbs).

Appetite suppression was excellent, and worked that way every single time I dosed. This is the best appetite suppressant I have ever tried.

As for mood, I experienced no changes, I wasn't moody or irritated while dosing with Recreate.

The side effects that got to me were, again, stomach discomfort (rumbling, gas, and diarrhea). I also sweat quite a bit, but less than with L-R.

PROS for L-R

1. Weight loss while maintaining or gaining muscle.
    2. Increased energy/stamina.

CONS for L-R

1. Non-optimal appettite suppression.
    2. Mood swings.
    3. Stomach problems and excesive sweating.

PROS for Recreate

1. Some weight loss.
    2. Excellent appettite suppression.
    3. Non mood-altering.

CONS for Recreate

1. Muscle loss.
    2. No impact or negative impact on energy/stamina.
    3. Stomach problems.

CONCLUSION:

Leviathan Re-loaded is the clear winner if your goal is to lose weight while at least maintining if not gaining muscle, and if your goal is to gain energy and stamina. Although the mood swings caused by L-R are a cause for some concern, I have to clarify that it was not extreme, and in any case, you shouldn't dose for extended periods of time. The stomach issue is a problem, but most supps with caffeine will irritate your stomach, so there's not much to do about that. Don't count on L-R for your appettite suppressing needs though.

Recreate is only good if you want a really effective appetite suppresant and don't rely much on exercise to lose weight. This is basically only useful for an obese person who wants to kick start his/her weight loss. After losing a few pounds and as soon as he/she is able to exercise more, the switch should be made to L-R.

RATINGS:

L-R

Weight loss (9 out of 10)
    Muscle maintenance (9 out of 10)
    Energy/stamina (9 out of 10)
    Appettite Suppression (6 out of 10)
    Side effects (6 out of 10)

Overall (not an average): 8.5 (Very Good)

Recreate

Weight loss (7 out of 10)
    Muscle maintenance (1 out of 10)
    Energy/stamina (1 out of 10)
    Appettite Suppression (10 out of 10)
    Side effects (8 out of 10)

Overall (not an average): 6.5 (Average)

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Awesome log bro I'm deff going to consider this review when deciding to take either Levi or Recreate next month. I think many people will find this very helpful as these two products seem to be among the most popular fat burners out right now. Great post and keep up the good work!
  3. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Good reviews, only thing is toss this in the Supplement Reviews/Logs section
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  217.0 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Good reviews, only thing is toss this in the Supplement Reviews/Logs section
    Do you mean copy/paste it there? Or move this one there? I don't know how to do the latter.
  5. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by SuppKnight View Post
    Do you mean copy/paste it there? Or move this one there? I don't know how to do the latter.
    I'll PM B and see if he can move it over.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  217.0 lbs.

I'll PM B and see if he can move it over.
    Thanks for moving it. Enjoy everone.
  7. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor

Excellent, thorough comparison. Great job.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  217.0 lbs.

Bump for the night group.
  9. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

I'll just add the terms Leviathan Reloaded and USPLabs to help this turn up when people search for them in the future
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  217.0 lbs.

I'll just add the terms Leviathan Reloaded and USPLabs to help this turn up when people search for them in the future
    Hey, I appreciate that. Thanks.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.

wow. very thorough and complete. i'll look into some leviathan when i cut from 200.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Nice reviews

Answers my question if I should try Recreate after my LR that I have now
  13. Registered User

my experience with LR were pretty much the same. GREAT results at cost of being more irritated and angry.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

how long did you run lev-reloaded?
  15. Registered User

2 bottles solo. about 6-7 weeks
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  217.0 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mrlargecalves View Post
    my experience with LR were pretty much the same. GREAT results at cost of being more irritated and angry.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who experienced great results, but I'm equally sad I wasn't the only one who experienced irritation and bad mood. I really hope Palo Alto Labs re-formulates L-R to take away whatever it is that makes people moody. (They could call it Leviathan: Revolution, I guess )
  17. Registered User

i believe its the test booster, its double edge sword. the test helps build/preserve muscle but alters mood.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  217.0 lbs.

Bumping up this review for new folks thinking about trying either of these supps.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  155 lbs.

To the OP - do you think the results might have been different if you had reversed the order you took them?
    When you started the second round with Recreate, you had already lost 10 pounds on the L-R... Just curious.
    Good to see a head to head review - thanks!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. IBE's New Head Rep
    By LakeMountD in forum Celtic Labs
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 05-24-2009, 02:33 PM
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-30-2009, 04:42 PM
  3. HOW DO YOU HEAD BUT SOMEONE THE RIGHT WAY?
    By CrAzyOttER in forum General Chat
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-10-2007, 06:59 PM
  4. Head-to-head: Fat tax
    By yeahright in forum Politics
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-19-2006, 02:02 PM
  5. Greetings from a new head
    By Dragons fist in forum General Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-29-2006, 06:20 AM