vikingincís Twisted PCT/Re-comp Extravaganza

Page 6 of 21 First ... 45678 ... Last

1. Post-workout Meal:

* 10 oz. Chicken
    * 1 cup Brown Rice
    * 2 cups chopped lettuce
    * 1/2 serving Wheat Tortilla Chips

w/Jalapenos, Salsa and fat-free sour cream on the side.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    VikingInc's Journey towards NSL Physique 2016 competition on March 12, 2016, in Houston, Texas.

2. If that's 10oz of chicken, I must be eating 15oz. Sheesh.

That looks delicious. Who says eating healthy can't taste good?!
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    If that's 10oz of chicken, I must be eating 15oz. Sheesh.

That looks delicious. Who says eating healthy can't taste good?!
    Lol, I assume you don't weigh it out ? .. I can't afford not to, ya see . . The slice of chichen on the bottom is thicker than it appears, fyi. Had to chop up the remainder because it wasn't cooking all the way through.

Chicken is all I eat though. I can't afford steak, nor do I have an active membership @ Sam's Club. I went to HEB this morning, and thankfully, they had chicken on sale for $1.64/lbs. I loaded up with 30-35 lbs; it look equally funny every time I walk up to the register with 8-10 3-4 lbs packages of fresh chicken and 10-12 gallon jugs of water.
    VikingInc's Journey towards NSL Physique 2016 competition on March 12, 2016, in Houston, Texas.

4. Ahhh okay. I have a recent pic of a meal in my log. Check it out to see if you think it's 10oz.

And no, I don't weigh it. I usually just assume one chicken breast is 6oz, so I eat 1.5 chicken breasts each night. I guess that would mean I'm taking in 12oz minimum...I'm sure they are over 6oz each though. Whatever.

5. ...and dude, I've got this AMAZING Chinese hot sauce that I put on my rice. I bet it would go great with that meal. It tastes sooo good. I'll find out the name for you.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Ahhh okay. I have a recent pic of a meal in my log. Check it out to see if you think it's 10oz.

And no, I don't weigh it. I usually just assume one chicken breast is 6oz, so I eat 1.5 chicken breasts each night. I guess that would mean I'm taking in 12oz minimum...I'm sure they are over 6oz each though. Whatever.
    Hahaha, I was gonna say, the average chicken breast is 8+ oz. I never run into 6 oz. pieces of chicken breast. I don't think I'm physically capable of consuming 2 X chicken breast if they're 8-10 oz. each. So your pieces are the same size they serve at McDonalds ? Those thin little chunks of overly tendered meat ?

On my way to your log now . . .

7. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    ...and dude, I've got this AMAZING Chinese hot sauce that I put on my rice. I bet it would go great with that meal. It tastes sooo good. I'll find out the name for you.
    Please do !

It took me 5-6 minutes to pick out a new Hot Sauce to try out from HEB's exaggerated selection of [Mexican ]Hot Sauces. I eventually decided to go for 'Frontera Red Pepper Hot Sauce', but it was out of reach while I was gulfing down this post-workout meal, so I've yet to try it..

But I love me some Chinese Hot Sauces ! Bring it on !

8. Ahh, so that's why I don't see you eating any red meat eh Viking? I think I asked you that (why no red meat) in some thread awhile back, and you never did answer me.. but dude, I know chicken is cheap & all, but you could get some nice 90% lean beef & a little personal-sized Foreman Grill, cook up 4-6 oz. portions and supplement this with 3-4 egg whites (off hard-bolied eggs for convenience), you're dialed in with a nice protein-rich meal -- and imo the red meat is gonna aid ya in musclebuilding as well, much more than chicken. With the smaller serving sizes of beef, not only do you stretch it out longer (so offsets the increased cost over chicken) but it lowers the fat you'll consume as well, and you'll have little fat to begin with cuz the Lean Mean Foreman Grill will drain off the majority! And egg protein/beef protein --- bro, I'll take that source over chicken protein every time!

9. Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    Ahh, so that's why I don't see you eating any red meat eh Viking? I think I asked you that (why no red meat) in some thread awhile back, and you never did answer me.. but dude, I know chicken is cheap & all, but you could get some nice 90% lean beef & a little personal-sized Foreman Grill, cook up 4-6 oz. portions and supplement this with 3-4 egg whites (off hard-bolied eggs for convenience), you're dialed in with a nice protein-rich meal -- and imo the red meat is gonna aid ya in musclebuilding as well, much more than chicken. With the smaller serving sizes of beef, not only do you stretch it out longer (so offsets the increased cost over chicken) but it lowers the fat you'll consume as well, and you'll have little fat to begin with cuz the Lean Mean Foreman Grill will drain off the majority! And egg protein/beef protein --- bro, I'll take that source over chicken protein every time!
    Man, I will definitely follow this advice ! .. I've used red meats on and off, it's just due to an economic downtime I can't make the $3+/lbs purchases .. When chicken is half of that, it lights up like the laser-shows at a Pink Floyd concert; 50% SAVINGS is the only thing that comes to mind .. hahaha.

You talking about 90% lean ground beef or actual chunks of meat ? I always got the Tip Roast from Sam's Club (membership ran out in September) @ $2.79-2.89/lbs, but still served up 8-9 oz. servings each meal.. Definite waste ?

10. Is beef really that much better of a protein source?

11. I'd like to send out some props to dSade with RPN for hooking me up with a bar of their Renegade Pheromone Soap! Before NP ever launched it, I was in close contact with verner to get a hold of a bar once they got it in, but the lot was too little for him to keep one for me .. so I missed out on the first shipment .. aaaaand the second, as I had no been informed on when it was coming in.

I contacted dSade regarding where I could make a direct purchase from. He told me that due to my being patient, he'd send me a bar to try, and leave my un-biased review on it. We spoke last week, and I had the bar of soap in my mailbox today! Impressive, dSade & the rest of RPN !

I will add notes in this log as I get this rolling, and then a final review in RPN's company section of the Forum once I completed the trial.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Is beef really that much better of a protein source?
    x2 !

13. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Yeah it has a lot of amino acids that chicken doesn't have including fats.

14. Hey viking how do those whole wheat tortilla chips taste? And where do you find those?

15. Quote Originally Posted by hman85 View Post
    Hey viking how do those whole wheat tortilla chips taste? And where do you find those?
    I was wondering the same thing. I've been sticking to Triscuits as they are 100% whole wheat. I have 6 of them with some salsa with Meal 3.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. I've been sticking to Triscuits as they are 100% whole wheat. I have 6 of them with some salsa with Meal 3.
    Have you had the roasted garlic triscuits? They are the shizznit!

17. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    For sure. That's why Beverly International's Ultra Size protein with beef hydrolysates is imo THE best protein on the market for growth. Spendy as hell, but the shizz..

18. Quote Originally Posted by hman85 View Post
    Hey viking how do those whole wheat tortilla chips taste? And where do you find those?
    The producer is 'Tortillas' and they're just Wheat tortilla chips.. No overly impressive nutrient profile, but nonetheless, my conscience only allows me to eat 4-6 round chips alongside my meal, so I'm not fearful of any implications as a result of adding these couple grams of carbs and the additional sodium . . . I just had to grab a bag at HEB after I realized my basket was full of hot and spicy goods predictive of having a giant Mexican feast at mi casa.

19. Quote Originally Posted by hman85 View Post
    Have you had the roasted garlic triscuits? They are the shizznit!
    Ohhh Hells Yes !!!! I'm unfortunately weak for Wheat Thins as well .. Tomato & Basil; Salted; Sourcream & Onions . . I will never add them to my cart at the grocery store, because it's a surefire binge in the late evening hours !

20. Quote Originally Posted by vikinginc View Post
    You talking about 90% lean ground beef or actual chunks of meat ? I always got the Tip Roast from Sam's Club (membership ran out in September) @ $2.79-2.89/lbs, but still served up 8-9 oz. servings each meal.. Definite waste ?
    90% lean ground beef is what I use. Some of the time 96% lean. Runs me anywhere from $3.39 (on sale) to $4.49 (no sale - hate dem days). My portions are 8-10 oz. as well, but I just bite the bullet on cost. But sometimes just to switch things up, or when I'm lowering fat for a duration, I'll cut my portions in half and eat 4 egg whites instead, as well as chicken, but I love the variety.

21. Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    For sure. That's why Beverly International's Ultra Size protein with beef hydrolysates is imo THE best protein on the market for growth. Spendy as hell, but the shizz..
    Scccheeeeit ! $35 for ~35 servings @ 17 grams of Protein per serving . . Spendy as hell is phrasing it nicely . .

.. kind of has me thinking; we all advice eachother 1-1.5 grams of protein per lbs of bodyweight . . some rely on shakes, some on food, and some on a combination of both. However, it doesn't seem like protein is protein because when picking a protein powder, you've got the slow-release casein protein, the instante-release whey protein, the 'super-duper' Ultra Size w/beef organs or whatnot . . $hit just doesn't add up sometimes . .

22. Quote Originally Posted by vikinginc View Post
    Ohhh Hells Yes !!!! I'm unfortunately weak for Wheat Thins as well .. Tomato & Basil; Salted; Sourcream & Onions . . I will never add them to my cart at the grocery store, because it's a surefire binge in the late evening hours !
    Ohhhh dude, those Tomato & Basil Wheat Thins are DA BOMB!!! :donut:

23. Quote Originally Posted by vikinginc View Post
    Scccheeeeit ! $35 for ~35 servings @ 17 grams of Protein per serving . . Spendy as hell is phrasing it nicely . .

.. kind of has me thinking; we all advice eachother 1-1.5 grams of protein per lbs of bodyweight . . some rely on shakes, some on food, and some on a combination of both. However, it doesn't seem like protein is protein because when picking a protein powder, you've got the slow-release casein protein, the instante-release whey protein, the 'super-duper' Ultra Size w/beef organs or whatnot . . $hit just doesn't add up sometimes . .
    For sure bro, guys think protein is protein, not the case man. There's a reason some protein is $20 for a 10 lb. jug at a WalMart!

24. Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    90% lean ground beef is what I use. Some of the time 96% lean. Runs me anywhere from $3.39 (on sale) to $4.49 (no sale - hate dem days). My portions are 8-10 oz. as well, but I just bite the bullet on cost. But sometimes just to switch things up, or when I'm lowering fat for a duration, I'll cut my portions in half and eat 4 egg whites instead, as well as chicken, but I love the variety.
    So four eggs whites equals about 8-10 grams of protein (4 X 2-2.5 grams each egg white), and 4-5 oz. 90-96% ground beed has another 20 grams .. Right ? [I'm not looking this up right now, I only rely on the labels I see on the products I purchase..] -------> Does this mean you aim for ~30-35 grams of protein each sitting/meal? Do you consider anything over this a waste as one can not absorb it all ?

[You caught me, I'm trying to dig into your brain to find what works for you . . . then copy and apply ]

25. Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    For sure bro, guys think protein is protein, not the case man. There's a reason some protein is $20 for a 10 lb. jug at a WalMart!
    So how do YOU feel Whey Isolate differ to regular Whey ? Far superior ? [asking because whenever I run into pros 'supposed' protein of choice, they seem to use Isolate .. in massive quantities .. ]

. . but who wouldn't get on a $20 for 10 lbs of protein deal !? Hahaha . . . It'd finally allow me to experiment with dosages without sacrificing my wallet !

26. Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    Ohhhh dude, those Tomato & Basil Wheat Thins are DA BOMB!!! :donut:
    With some Cream Cheese on the side . . At this point, after getting the Tomato & Basil, one might as well go all out and get the non-reduced fat Cream Cheese !

27. Quote Originally Posted by vikinginc View Post
    So four eggs whites equals about 8-10 grams of protein (4 X 2-2.5 grams each egg white), and 4-5 oz. 90-96% ground beed has another 20 grams .. Right ? [I'm not looking this up right now, I only rely on the labels I see on the products I purchase..] -------> Does this mean you aim for ~30-35 grams of protein each sitting/meal? Do you consider anything over this a waste as one can not absorb it all ?

[You caught me, I'm trying to dig into your brain to find what works for you . . . then copy and apply ]
    Haha, no worries bro, dig away..

Actually, the xtra large eggs I get have 4g protein per, so we're talking 16g here, added to 25g (if 4 oz. beef) or 37g (if 6 oz. beef). Actually, I like to hit 45-50g protein per meal, sometimes up to 60g. Hell no, that old saying that the body can't absorb over 30g protein at one sitting is nonsense. Now, I think the threshhold, even in the best absorbing individuals, is somewhere in the 70g range. I try to shoot for close to 2x my bw for protein intake (350-400g daily).

28. Quote Originally Posted by vikinginc View Post
    With some Cream Cheese on the side . . At this point, after getting the Tomato & Basil, one might as well go all out and get the non-reduced fat Cream Cheese !
    But of course dude, to suggest otherwise would be uncouth!

29. Quote Originally Posted by vikinginc View Post
    So how do YOU feel Whey Isolate differ to regular Whey ? Far superior ? [asking because whenever I run into pros 'supposed' protein of choice, they seem to use Isolate .. in massive quantities .. ]

. . but who wouldn't get on a $20 for 10 lbs of protein deal !? Hahaha . . . It'd finally allow me to experiment with dosages without sacrificing my wallet !
    Loaded question bro. Certain proteins are best depending on their ussage. For example, isolate is good at waking & following training. Casein is good prior to bed. But the quality of the protein is paramount too. There's a bit of a difference from the Body Fortress Crap-a-lot from WalMart, and Beverly International's protein. Sometimes that old saying "ya get what you pay for" is very true.

30. Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    Haha, no worries bro, dig away..

Actually, the xtra large eggs I get have 4g protein per, so we're talking 16g here, added to 25g (if 4 oz. beef) or 37g (if 6 oz. beef). Actually, I like to hit 45-50g protein per meal, sometimes up to 60g. Hell no, that old saying that the body can't absorb over 30g protein at one sitting is nonsense. Now, I think the threshhold, even in the best absorbing individuals, is somewhere in the 70g range. I try to shoot for close to 2x my bw for protein intake (350-400g daily).
    OK, good to hear ! I was afraid you were a protein-nazi, uber-conscious of the body's maximizes absorption rates and whatnot ! haha .. I was asking because I rarely have a meal nor a shake with less than 45-50 grams of protein.

I've got to take some time this evening to see what I find .. but there was this one notorious bodybuilder back a couple decades ago, who swore he grew from less than 1 gram of protein per lbs of bodyweight.. Remember reading it in a couple different muscle mags a while back; it was the polar opposite approach of any other bodybuilder in that era as well as todays . . High-quantity consumption of protein was over-rated [don't quote me on this] ..
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 690
    Last Post: 11-02-2008, 03:01 PM
  2. I think I may have twisted my ankle...
    By whiskers in forum Pics
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-24-2008, 04:21 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-03-2008, 12:30 AM
  4. BigVrunga''s Homebrew Extravaganza!
    By BigVrunga in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 02-12-2005, 06:46 PM
  5. All read! I'm so twisted...
    By MySoulFindsRest in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11