Page 5 of 16 First ... 3456710 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I'd like to send out some props to dSade with RPN for hooking me up with a bar of their Renegade Pheromone Soap! Before NP ever launched it, I was in close contact with verner to get a hold of a bar once they got it in, but the lot was too little for him to keep one for me .. so I missed out on the first shipment .. aaaaand the second, as I had no been informed on when it was coming in.

I contacted dSade regarding where I could make a direct purchase from. He told me that due to my being patient, he'd send me a bar to try, and leave my un-biased review on it. We spoke last week, and I had the bar of soap in my mailbox today! Impressive, dSade & the rest of RPN !

I will add notes in this log as I get this rolling, and then a final review in RPN's company section of the Forum once I completed the trial.
    VikingInc On a Fat-SMOLDERING Journey, Sponsored by Southland Performance Products

- My Quest To Reach 200 lbs. Is Officially In The Making!

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.1%

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Is beef really that much better of a protein source?
    x2 !
    VikingInc On a Fat-SMOLDERING Journey, Sponsored by Southland Performance Products

3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.01%

Yeah it has a lot of amino acids that chicken doesn't have including fats.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.01%

Hey viking how do those whole wheat tortilla chips taste? And where do you find those?
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.31%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by hman85 View Post
    Hey viking how do those whole wheat tortilla chips taste? And where do you find those?
    I was wondering the same thing. I've been sticking to Triscuits as they are 100% whole wheat. I have 6 of them with some salsa with Meal 3.
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.01%

I was wondering the same thing. I've been sticking to Triscuits as they are 100% whole wheat. I have 6 of them with some salsa with Meal 3.
    Have you had the roasted garlic triscuits? They are the shizznit!
  7. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

For sure. That's why Beverly International's Ultra Size protein with beef hydrolysates is imo THE best protein on the market for growth. Spendy as hell, but the shizz..
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.1%

The producer is 'Tortillas' and they're just Wheat tortilla chips.. No overly impressive nutrient profile, but nonetheless, my conscience only allows me to eat 4-6 round chips alongside my meal, so I'm not fearful of any implications as a result of adding these couple grams of carbs and the additional sodium . . . I just had to grab a bag at HEB after I realized my basket was full of hot and spicy goods predictive of having a giant Mexican feast at mi casa.

9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.1%

Have you had the roasted garlic triscuits? They are the shizznit!
    Ohhh Hells Yes !!!! I'm unfortunately weak for Wheat Thins as well .. Tomato & Basil; Salted; Sourcream & Onions . . I will never add them to my cart at the grocery store, because it's a surefire binge in the late evening hours !

10. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Quote Originally Posted by vikinginc View Post
    You talking about 90% lean ground beef or actual chunks of meat ? I always got the Tip Roast from Sam's Club (membership ran out in September) @ $2.79-2.89/lbs, but still served up 8-9 oz. servings each meal.. Definite waste ?
    90% lean ground beef is what I use. Some of the time 96% lean. Runs me anywhere from $3.39 (on sale) to $4.49 (no sale - hate dem days). My portions are 8-10 oz. as well, but I just bite the bullet on cost. But sometimes just to switch things up, or when I'm lowering fat for a duration, I'll cut my portions in half and eat 4 egg whites instead, as well as chicken, but I love the variety.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.1%

Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    For sure. That's why Beverly International's Ultra Size protein with beef hydrolysates is imo THE best protein on the market for growth. Spendy as hell, but the shizz..
    Scccheeeeit ! $35 for ~35 servings @ 17 grams of Protein per serving . . Spendy as hell is phrasing it nicely . .

.. kind of has me thinking; we all advice eachother 1-1.5 grams of protein per lbs of bodyweight . . some rely on shakes, some on food, and some on a combination of both. However, it doesn't seem like protein is protein because when picking a protein powder, you've got the slow-release casein protein, the instante-release whey protein, the 'super-duper' Ultra Size w/beef organs or whatnot . . $hit just doesn't add up sometimes . .

12. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Ohhh Hells Yes !!!! I'm unfortunately weak for Wheat Thins as well .. Tomato & Basil; Salted; Sourcream & Onions . . I will never add them to my cart at the grocery store, because it's a surefire binge in the late evening hours !
    Ohhhh dude, those Tomato & Basil Wheat Thins are DA BOMB!!! :donut:
  13. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Scccheeeeit ! $35 for ~35 servings @ 17 grams of Protein per serving . . Spendy as hell is phrasing it nicely . .

.. kind of has me thinking; we all advice eachother 1-1.5 grams of protein per lbs of bodyweight . . some rely on shakes, some on food, and some on a combination of both. However, it doesn't seem like protein is protein because when picking a protein powder, you've got the slow-release casein protein, the instante-release whey protein, the 'super-duper' Ultra Size w/beef organs or whatnot . . $hit just doesn't add up sometimes . .
    For sure bro, guys think protein is protein, not the case man. There's a reason some protein is $20 for a 10 lb. jug at a WalMart!
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.1%

90% lean ground beef is what I use. Some of the time 96% lean. Runs me anywhere from $3.39 (on sale) to $4.49 (no sale - hate dem days). My portions are 8-10 oz. as well, but I just bite the bullet on cost. But sometimes just to switch things up, or when I'm lowering fat for a duration, I'll cut my portions in half and eat 4 egg whites instead, as well as chicken, but I love the variety.
    So four eggs whites equals about 8-10 grams of protein (4 X 2-2.5 grams each egg white), and 4-5 oz. 90-96% ground beed has another 20 grams .. Right ? [I'm not looking this up right now, I only rely on the labels I see on the products I purchase..] -------> Does this mean you aim for ~30-35 grams of protein each sitting/meal? Do you consider anything over this a waste as one can not absorb it all ?

[You caught me, I'm trying to dig into your brain to find what works for you . . . then copy and apply ]

15. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.1%

For sure bro, guys think protein is protein, not the case man. There's a reason some protein is $20 for a 10 lb. jug at a WalMart!
    So how do YOU feel Whey Isolate differ to regular Whey ? Far superior ? [asking because whenever I run into pros 'supposed' protein of choice, they seem to use Isolate .. in massive quantities .. ]

. . but who wouldn't get on a $20 for 10 lbs of protein deal !? Hahaha . . . It'd finally allow me to experiment with dosages without sacrificing my wallet !

16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.1%

With some Cream Cheese on the side . . At this point, after getting the Tomato & Basil, one might as well go all out and get the non-reduced fat Cream Cheese !

17. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

So four eggs whites equals about 8-10 grams of protein (4 X 2-2.5 grams each egg white), and 4-5 oz. 90-96% ground beed has another 20 grams .. Right ? [I'm not looking this up right now, I only rely on the labels I see on the products I purchase..] -------> Does this mean you aim for ~30-35 grams of protein each sitting/meal? Do you consider anything over this a waste as one can not absorb it all ?

[You caught me, I'm trying to dig into your brain to find what works for you . . . then copy and apply ]
    Haha, no worries bro, dig away..

Actually, the xtra large eggs I get have 4g protein per, so we're talking 16g here, added to 25g (if 4 oz. beef) or 37g (if 6 oz. beef). Actually, I like to hit 45-50g protein per meal, sometimes up to 60g. Hell no, that old saying that the body can't absorb over 30g protein at one sitting is nonsense. Now, I think the threshhold, even in the best absorbing individuals, is somewhere in the 70g range. I try to shoot for close to 2x my bw for protein intake (350-400g daily).
  18. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

With some Cream Cheese on the side . . At this point, after getting the Tomato & Basil, one might as well go all out and get the non-reduced fat Cream Cheese !
    But of course dude, to suggest otherwise would be uncouth!
  19. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

So how do YOU feel Whey Isolate differ to regular Whey ? Far superior ? [asking because whenever I run into pros 'supposed' protein of choice, they seem to use Isolate .. in massive quantities .. ]

. . but who wouldn't get on a $20 for 10 lbs of protein deal !? Hahaha . . . It'd finally allow me to experiment with dosages without sacrificing my wallet !
    Loaded question bro. Certain proteins are best depending on their ussage. For example, isolate is good at waking & following training. Casein is good prior to bed. But the quality of the protein is paramount too. There's a bit of a difference from the Body Fortress Crap-a-lot from WalMart, and Beverly International's protein. Sometimes that old saying "ya get what you pay for" is very true.
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.1%

Haha, no worries bro, dig away..

Actually, the xtra large eggs I get have 4g protein per, so we're talking 16g here, added to 25g (if 4 oz. beef) or 37g (if 6 oz. beef). Actually, I like to hit 45-50g protein per meal, sometimes up to 60g. Hell no, that old saying that the body can't absorb over 30g protein at one sitting is nonsense. Now, I think the threshhold, even in the best absorbing individuals, is somewhere in the 70g range. I try to shoot for close to 2x my bw for protein intake (350-400g daily).
    OK, good to hear ! I was afraid you were a protein-nazi, uber-conscious of the body's maximizes absorption rates and whatnot ! haha .. I was asking because I rarely have a meal nor a shake with less than 45-50 grams of protein.

I've got to take some time this evening to see what I find .. but there was this one notorious bodybuilder back a couple decades ago, who swore he grew from less than 1 gram of protein per lbs of bodyweight.. Remember reading it in a couple different muscle mags a while back; it was the polar opposite approach of any other bodybuilder in that era as well as todays . . High-quantity consumption of protein was over-rated [don't quote me on this] ..

21. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

So how do YOU feel Whey Isolate differ to regular Whey ?
    Oh, guess this went over my head. Yeah, isolate is superior to whey concentrate, no doubt, but it's also absorbed extremely fast, so if you're using it as meal replacement, you need to supplement it with something like fruits, oats, peanut butter, etc. to slow down digestion.
  22. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.85%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I was thinking the same thing when I saw that posted up!
  23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.31%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I think you mean Triscuits.
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.1%

Day #16 of PCT:

PM Cardio:

* Elliptical Machine - 20 minutes
    * Treadmill - 40 minutes @ 5.0 Incline, 3.5 MPH

- All I can say about Adipo-X by now is, get your hands on it ! Throwing in a cardio session was a shot in the dark; an idea that appeared while browsing the boards two hours ago, not feeling to confident in my current conditioning.. I popped three caps Adipo-X 30 prior to cardio, and just manned up and got ready. This is after sitting down on the couch since 3.30PM studying for a test ..

- I put on my big cotton sweat suit, and put a wollen tight-fitting long-sleeve shirt underneath the jacket. I was ready to sweat. Also brought some of my test materials, and I didn't put my papers away for a single second while on either cardio machine. Held them in my hands both on the elliptical as well as on the treadmill; I'm normally never able to study and absorb information while doing cardio, nonetheless when i'm sweating balls, got drops of sweats constantly dropping down on my papers from my forhead, and whe my hands are so sweaty that the moist seeps through my test material. Adipo-X had me cranking it out for 60 whole god damn minutes !

25. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.85%

ummm wheat thins has a tomato and basil flavor.... unless you were responding to something else.
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.1%

Check the posts on bottom of page 6, bro . . . you'll get caught up !

27. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.24%

I know I'm coming into this protein source conversation late, as the vampire is just now waking up!! LOL This will be based on opinion rather than fact. But I feel that red meat (beef) is a better source of protein as well snagency. It is superior to chicken or fish in my estimation also. Dave Draper wrote that he could tell his strength was dropping off when he wasn't consuming enough red meat. He would be eating only chicken and fish. He said every time he re-incorporated red meat back into his diet, his strength would go up along with mass. I find that this is true with me also. I buy beef roasts and cook them a couple of times per week. They are less expensive than steaks. And I love a nice roast!
    THE PAIN YOU ENDURE TODAY WILL PRODUCE THE POWER YOU ENJOY TOMORROW!!

"Ye are gods, and all of you are children of the most High."
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.1%

I never had the priviledge of incorporating steak on a continuous basis, but it's starting to sound like a better and better idea .. Let me just go through the 35 lbs of chicken I've currently got so I can build up my wallet density a little bit, and I'll be all over that red meat [steak] like a real Texan should.

29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.31%

How about using chicken as your main lean meat, but adding in Uni-Liver Tabs as a source of beef protein and aminos?
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.21%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Man, I will definitely follow this advice ! .. I've used red meats on and off, it's just due to an economic downtime I can't make the $3+/lbs purchases .. When chicken is half of that, it lights up like the laser-shows at a Pink Floyd concert; 50% SAVINGS is the only thing that comes to mind .. hahaha.

You talking about 90% lean ground beef or actual chunks of meat ? I always got the Tip Roast from Sam's Club (membership ran out in September) @ $2.79-2.89/lbs, but still served up 8-9 oz. servings each meal.. Definite waste ?
    F*ck... I'm lucky if I get CHICKEN for 5 to 6 bucks a pound in the city...
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.1%

Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    F*ck... I'm lucky if I get CHICKEN for 5 to 6 bucks a pound in the city...
    No $hit !? Got any price examples from the city ? [What city?] Like steak, chicken, fish, etc . . ? I'm just curious .. Don't you have Costco or something around you !?

32. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

How about using chicken as your main lean meat, but adding in Uni-Liver Tabs as a source of beef protein and aminos?
    Uni-Liver tabs are terrible. I'm not a Universal fan, and when I tried those I crapped out undissolved pills, stuff tore my @ss up. Now, there is something to your statement tho - and this is the exact idea behind the science of Beverly's Ultra 40 liver tabs. Been using Bev's liver tabs (as well as mass aminos) for years..
  33. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.6%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Doing awesome, viking.

I have 2 big bottles of Uniliver in my stash I had forgot about until yesterday.

I need to start popping 30 of those badboys everyday
  34. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

And not to rehash, but I did want to mention something on the protein powder front, the whey concentrate vs. isolate issue -- the filtration process is key in creating a pure isolate blend. If isolate is not filtered correctly, you might as well be using concentrate. This is why you see a wide variance in pricing of isolates as well - and why I kinda wonder about Dymatize' process. Kinda reminds me of IDS' isolate filtration process - cheap. That's why their isolate is so inexpensive. But that vanilla-cinnamon flavor they got is DELICIOUS, and the belgian chocolate flavor is imo the best chocolate flavor I've ever had. But unfortunately, it's a substandard processed isolate..
  35. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    Doing awesome, viking.

I have 2 big bottles of Uniliver in my stash I had forgot about until yesterday.

I need to start popping 30 of those badboys everyday
    Ohhh, my @ss cringes at the thought..
  36. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.6%

Ohhh, my @ss cringes at the thought..
    LOL. You mean to tell me you DONT like the gas?!?!?!?

I say to my gym buddies "Here's something for ya" as I wave the air in their direction.

Although on a hot date or church that would not go over well...
  37. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    LOL. You mean to tell me you DONT like the gas?!?!?!?

I say to my gym buddies "Here's something for ya" as I wave the air in their direction.

Although on a hot date or church that would not go over well...
    Haha, hear ya. But the gas would be the least of my problems - I'm talking about bleeding out my @ss! 8~O
  38. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.6%

Haha, hear ya. But the gas would be the least of my problems - I'm talking about bleeding out my @ss! 8~O
    *cringes*!

Haven't had that problem........ Actually the gas goes away eventually as well. I just make sure to dose 8 or 10 tabs with food
  39. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Yeah it's not a good thing. I've got a buddy who I trained with back in the day, circa 2000, we both started using UniLiver at the same time, and it hit us both the same way - undissolved tabs coming out in our stool, little bit of blood (from the jagged @ss edge of the damn pill I'm sure), so we both went to Beverly's and neither of us had a problem at all. Plus if you look at the nutrient profile, there is NO comparison between the two. I love Ultra 40! 4-8 per meal depending on dietary construction, works like a champ!
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.31%

Yeah it's not a good thing. I've got a buddy who I trained with back in the day, circa 2000, we both started using UniLiver at the same time, and it hit us both the same way - undissolved tabs coming out in our stool, little bit of blood (from the jagged @ss edge of the damn pill I'm sure), so we both went to Beverly's and neither of us had a problem at all. Plus if you look at the nutrient profile, there is NO comparison between the two. I love Ultra 40! 4-8 per meal depending on dietary construction, works like a champ!
    I agree that Ultra 40 is amazing! Beverly is a great company, but most of their products are so expensive. I used their Ultra 40 for a while, probably six months or so. I switched to Uni-Liver because I figured if I could get double the amount, I'd just take a little extra to make up for the difference in the amino profile. I don't ever remember having a problem with crapping out full tablets.

I should do a study on these two products some time. Note any difference over the course of four months. Take Ultra 40 for 2 months, and Uni-Live for 2 months. I'm curious now that we're talking about it.

Edit: Snag, have you ever tried taking Uni-Liver with something like Acidophilus to aid in the digestion? Just a thought.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 690
    Last Post: 11-02-2008, 04:01 PM
  2. I think I may have twisted my ankle...
    By whiskers in forum Pics
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-24-2008, 05:21 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-03-2008, 01:30 AM
  4. BigVrunga''s Homebrew Extravaganza!
    By BigVrunga in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 02-12-2005, 07:46 PM
  5. All read! I'm so twisted...
    By MySoulFindsRest in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11