vikinginc’s Twisted PCT/Re-comp Extravaganza

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
It’s time to recover; and then some!

This’ll be an extended PCT/natty test boosting stack, alongside body re-composition. I’m locked and loaded as far as supplementation goes, and hoping I can finish off the year, literally, with a substantially increased libido, increased strength, lowered body fat, and over-all a solid re-comp.

Monday, October 27th was my first day of PCT, consisting of Activate Xtreme and Stoked. It’s a PCT following 21 days of Epistane @ 40mg/day, then lowered to 20 mg/day the final 7 days, due to not being able to work out.

I’ve been dosing it @ 2, 2, 2 caps for the Act. X, and 2 caps AM and 2 caps PM for the Stoked. I have had four workouts since my first day of PCT, as the first half of this week went without working out; still coming out of the depression stage of the withdrawal.

The following are the effects felt/considered thus far, taking into consideration that I have not had more than THREE real and fully completed workouts since October 14th:

• • Maintenance of strength on most exercises attempted thus far; including 3 sets of 4 reps with 315 on bench press. I’ve managed three sets of 4-6 reps before, so I AM praising the test boosting effects of Act. X and Stoked even just after 6 days.
  • • Increased vascularity once I get the blood flowing; granted, I DID lose 4-5 lbs during the three weeks I was gone, but, knock on wood, it seems to only be water loss. With the water loss comes increased definition, sure, but vascularity has been significantly increased the past couple of workouts, and I can’t put that on anything other than Act X and Stoked.
  • • Increased energy levels; obviously I’ve been drained from energy for quite a while now, and this week began just as last week did; couldn’t get up in the morning for $hit, and when I did, lethargy was too great to actually get up and about. After four days, sleep has bettered, and energy from the first moment I roll out of bed in the morning has bettered.
  • • Increased amount of pimples, acne; particularly on my chest and the top of my shoulders. Not yet an increase in libido, however, but then again, I haven’t added my magic pills yet !
vikinginc’s Twisted PCT/Re-comp Extravaganza:​

Testosterone Boosters/PCT Compounds:

Designer Supplements Activate Xtreme: 2 caps AM, 2 caps mid-afternoon, 2 caps PM
Anabolic Innovations STOKED: 2 caps AM, 2 caps PM
Nutraplanet Trione: 4 caps prior to bed every night.

*NOTE: I will lower Act X to 4 caps/day (2 caps AM, 2 caps PM) once I add NP’s Trione on Thursday of this week.

Carbohydrate-uptake Enhancing Compounds:

USPlabs Anabolic Pump: 1 cap pre-workout, 1 cap 15 minutes prior to completion of workout OR 1 cap 15 minutes prior to post-workout meal
Pure Supplements PSlin: will add once I'm out of Pslin powder
Nutraplanet PSlin Powder: 800 – 1,000 mg post-workout

Pre/Intra-workout Drink:

Controlled Labs Blue Gene: 5 caps sixty minutes pre-workout
Scivation Xtend: 4-6 scoops intra-workout

Protein:

Cytosport Muscle Milk Natural: varies
Dymatize Elite 12 Hr. Protein: varies
Dymatize Whey Protein: varies
Nutraplanet L-Leucine: 10 grams intra-workout

Carbohydrates:

Nutraplanet Waxy Maize Starch: 60-80 grams post-workout
NOW Carbo Gain: 20-40 grams post-workout

Healthy Fats:

Primaforce Sesamin: 1-1.5 mL X three times daily
Nutraplanet Fish Oil: 2 caps X three times daily
Nutraplanet CLA: 1 cap X three times daily
Optimum Nutrition Flaxseed Oil: ½ tbs X 2 times daily

Libido Aid:

NOW Maca: 2 caps X three times daily
NOW Fenugreek: 2 caps X three times daily

Miscellaneous:

Nutraplanet CEE: 4 grams pre-workout, 4 grams post-workout
Nutraplanet Beta Alanine: 2-3 grams pre-workout (w/Vassive NO) & 4-6 grams intra-workout​

* The following supplements are not yet in, but will be added once my order is received from Nutraplanet on Thursday:

1. NOW Maca
  2. NOW Fenugreek
  3. Nutraplanet Trione
  4. Nutraplanet Beta Alanine
  5. Dymatize Elite 12 Hr. Protein
  6. Dymatize Whey Protein

Attachments

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to officially thank Mulletsolider for hooking me up with USPlabs Anabolic Pump, and giving me the recipe for using it. I will more than likely get with you soon for some additional AP/PSLIN dosing ideas.

I'd also like to thank RenegadeRows for hooking me up with 2/3 bottle (~110-115 caps) of Controlled Labs Blue Gene. Initially, I considered applying for the Controlled Labs White Flood Caps testing, but I was on my Epistane run at the moment. RenegadeRows told me he had one bottle of Blue Gene on hand in which he had only attempted a couple of dosages, but he believed I would have more benefits from it during my PCT/Re-comp than he would using it alongside his martial arts (?) training and lifestyle. This is very much appreciated, indeed, as VolcomX311 seemed to praise the Blue Gene himself when he ran a sponsored log for Controlled Labs. If Volcom backs it up, I'm at full attention [no pun intended . . ] !

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Successfully completed workouts since beginning of PCT:

Monday, November 3rd: Back/Traps

Wide-grip Front Pulldowns – 160 * 15, 220 * 15, 240 * 12, 260 * 12
Superset with
Bench Leg Tucks – 50, 50, 40, 40 reps

Behind-neck Wide-grip Pulldowns – 200 * 12, 200 * 10, 200 * 10
Superset with
Incline Crunches – 20, 20, 20 reps

Incline Icarian Rows – 90 * 15, 115 * 12, 115 * 12, 115 * 12

Seated Wide-grip Rows – 140 * 15, 160 * 15, 180 * 15

Dumbbell Shrugs – 100 * 20, 100 * 20, 100 * 20

Sunday, November 2nd: Chest/Traps

Incline Barbell Press (WIDE-grip) – 135 * 15, 185 * 12, 225 * 10, 225 * 9
Incline Barbell Press (knuckle of my thumb touches outer chest) – 225 * 6, 225 * 6 -> DROP -> 135 * 10

Seated Hammer Strength (WIDE-grip) – 90 * 15, 140 * 12, 160 * 12, 180 * 10
Seated Hammer Strength (CLOSE-grip) – 90 * 15, 140 * 12, 160 * 10, 160 * 10

Incline Dumbbell Flyes (70-75 degree incline) – 50 * 12, 50 * 12, 50 * 12, 50 * 12
Superset with
Dumbbell Shrugs – 100 * 20, 100 * 15, 100 * 15, 100 * 15 (SLOW reps, Squeeze on top)

Pec-dec Flyes – 205 * 12, 205 * 10 -> DROP -> 160 * 6 -> DROP -> 135 * 10

Saturday, November 1st: Arms

Barbell Curls – 95 * 12, 95 * 12, 115 * 10, 115 * 10
Machine Preacher Curls – 80 * 15, 100 * 12, 100 * 12, 100 * 10
Seated Hammer Curls (twist on top) – 35 * 15, 35 * 15, 35 * 15
Standing Uni-arm Cable Curls – 50 * 12, 50 * 12, 50 * 12

EZ-bar Pressdowns – 80 * 15, 100 * 12, 120 * 10, 120 * 10
Machine Dips – 210 * 15, 270 * 15, 270 * 15, 270 * 15
Laying One-arm Dumbbell Extensions – 30 * 15, 30 * 15, 30 * 15
superset with
Forarm Dumbbell 'Curls' - 35 * 25, 35 * 25, 35 * 25

Friday, October 31st: Shoulders

Behind-neck Smith Press – 135 * 15, 185 * 12, 205 * 10, 205 * 10, 225 * 10, 225 * 10
Side Laterals – 30 * 15, 35 * 15, 40 * 12, 45 * 10, 45 * 10
Kneeling Upright Rows (close grip) – 95 * 15, 115 * 12, 135 * 10, 135 * 10
Seated Machine Front Press – 80 * 15, 100 * 12, 120 * 10, 140 * 10

• I began focusing much more on the muscle contraction and feel of the exercise, than simply wanting to go heavy. F.x., I use a 1-2 second negative on pull downs for a full stretch (arms fully extended on top of movement), with a peak contraction squeeze on the bottom. That’s how the movements are across the board; slower, more concentrated reps, REALLY aiming to hit the muscle intended, and not supporting muscle groups.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
FIRST ON BOARD!!

Good to see you back on the field.

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
FIRST ON BOARD!!

Good to see you back on the field.
Good to have ya here as usual, friend ! . . look above, I didn't forget about you ! lol . .

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Subbed bro, should be a great run, i hope you are feeling better now!!! Im here all the way, youve got some great supps there, my favourite xtend, plus Pslin, All the best bro.

Russian

BBII

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed. What an arsenal you've decided to break out here. PCT X 10!! LOL It all sounds good. These should all work very well together. I won't use the word synergy as it is done to death! ha ha Glad to see you back in the fight my viking brother. It's time for you to incite the full force of the Berzerker Rage and start killing those evil weights again!! :twisted:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good to have ya here as usual, friend ! . . look above, I didn't forget about you ! lol . .
I noticed, my credibility now hangs on the balance, haha. Best of luck!

When you've got Thunder at the helm, that's an entire support group's worth of encouragements all on its own.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I'm in.

No surgury this time, killer.

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Good to have you all in here, fellas ! It's my #1 source of motivation, right here, in this Anabolic minds sanctuary !

Day #1 of fasted cardio:

40 minutes pre-cardio: 3 caps Velocity XT
20 minutes pre-cardio: 1 cap Anabolic Pump

Cardio:

- 45 minute run outdoors, wrapped up in woll underwear plus a hoodie. It became a perspiration-inferno . . sweating like a maniac. Stamina was decent; got minor calf pumps right now.

I think I'll add an additional cardio session this evening, including some abs/calf work. Maybe even forarms. Got legs coming up tomorrow . .

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good to have you all in here, fellas ! It's my #1 source of motivation, right here, in this Anabolic minds sanctuary !

Day #1 of fasted cardio:

40 minutes pre-cardio: 3 caps Velocity XT
20 minutes pre-cardio: 1 cap Anabolic Pump

Cardio:

- 45 minute run outdoors, wrapped up in woll underwear plus a hoodie. It became a perspiration-inferno . . sweating like a maniac. Stamina was decent; got minor calf pumps right now.

I think I'll add an additional cardio session this evening, including some abs/calf work. Maybe even forarms. Got legs coming up tomorrow . .
I need to up my own cardio. I've been performing HIIT with my athlete's in the morning and again at night, but that's not a consistent thing.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
In.

Any reason for the super-high dose of P-Slin?

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
In.

Any reason for the super-high dose of P-Slin?
Good to have ya, fellow European !

Mulletsolider suggested 1,000mg PSlin powder post-workout. I've got to be honest, I can NOT afford to continue with that, so I will use 600-700mg of PSlin bulk powder immidiately following my last set of my workout, and I pop one cap Anabolic Pump about 15 minutes prior to completing my workout. I'm guessing I've got about 14-15 grams of PSlin left (guessing) plus 20 caps PSlin. Once the powder's gone, the caps are in.

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
I need to up my own cardio. I've been performing HIIT with my athlete's in the morning and again at night, but that's not a consistent thing.
Yeah, man, you want to hit up our across-the-country cardio feud we embarked on back in Spring ?! .. scratch that, it doesn't even sound like you've got time jerking it with your 5.30AM - 8-9PM daily schedule ! hahaha . . (not an evil laughter, simply laughin at the 'jerking it' part ! :icon_lol:)

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Got to say this; I placed my Nutraplanet order on Saturday morning. Verner with NP e-mailed me today and told me that the Dymatize Elite 12 Hr. protein (5 lbs) would ship out from Dymatize directly, so that it wouldn't halt the remainder of my NP order (Elite 12 Hr. said 2-3 days to ship out).

Had a FedEx note on my door today, which was NOT expected. I was in the front office, and said, 'umm, hopefully it's something of value that I can sell to pay off the remainder of my $720 ticket for not going to a complete stop at a stop sign and TWO FAILURE TO APPEAR IN COURT fees (2 X $294 EACH - *@^#!$*^@#!$*%@!*#%$) .. ' [Side note - I spent nearly two hours of my afternoon at the local Municipal Court - I'm NOT very happy atm]

Got back home to my apartment, and sure enough, a Dymatize Elite 12 Hr jug was in the box. DAMN, that's almost as efficient as going to GNC and picking it up . . Oh, but wait, that's not true, because 5 lbs Whey costs $60+ at GNC. I paid $29 for this one ! ;)

.. it sort of made me a happy camper, but figuring out my money situation right now is a handfull . . .

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Viking,

Do you think that the Dymatize 12-hour is better before bed than ON Casein?

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Viking,

Do you think that the Dymatize 12-hour is better before bed than ON Casein?
Truthfully, I'm no protein powder wiz, but Dymatize's Elite 12 Hr Protein really caught my attention. I love the ingredient profile (who cares if there are 6 g total carbs?), and the added BCAAs, EFAs and an additional protein-uptake enhancing enzyme. One may take it with a grain of salt, but even so, I needed something different from regular Whey protein, and Elite 12 Hr got the best of me!

And did you catch the price ?! $31.99 for 61 servings !

Here's my scheme:

Post-workout: 1/2 scoop Dymatize Whey (berry) + 1 scoop 12 Hr Protein (vanilla) + 7-8 grams L-Leucine
Pre-bed: 1 scoop Dymatize 12 Hr Protein (vanilla) + 1 scoop Muscle Milk (natural) chocolate

I will more than likely add an additional Whey/12 Hr combo shake at some point during the day as well.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been doing...

Pre-wo: 2 scoops ATW Isolate
Mid-day: 1 scoop ATW Lean and Fit
Night: 1 scoop ON Casein

Once I run out, I may replace the ON Casein with the Dymatize 12hr.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I've been doing...

Pre-wo: 2 scoops ATW Isolate
Mid-day: 1 scoop ATW Lean and Fit

What kinds of proteins are they stuffing in there that are supposed to take 12 hours to break down? That seems awful long. Longest I've heard was casein at 6 to 8 hours, and perhaps thick cut beef...

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What kinds of proteins are they stuffing in there that are supposed to take 12 hours to break down? That seems awful long. Longest I've heard was casein at 6 to 8 hours, and perhaps thick cut beef...
It's more than just different protein. I have a feeling it's a mixture of all the ingredients that aids in the slowing process; however, I do doubt the claim that it takes 12 hours. That just seems far too long.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
It's more than just different protein. I have a feeling it's a mixture of all the ingredients that aids in the slowing process; however, I do doubt the claim that it takes 12 hours. That just seems far too long.
My thoughts as well.

That being said, I strongly doubt that it takes my body 8 hours to break down the casein I drink either.

I've actually taken the last 3 weeks or so off of a nighttime protein shake. Obviously will restart that for my M Drol run.

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Oh no, by no means do I think it's a 12 hour release .. simply too good to be true ! But, I do believe that it's extended release formula will be superior to regular whey, and comparable to regular casein. I'm looking forward to it. I had one just a sec ago; mixed two scoops with 8 oz. skim milk and 8 oz. water, plus 1.5 mooshed bananas. I'm stuffed ! Oh, and delicious flavor (with the banana, I must admit, I didn't try it just by itself..).

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
I've been doing...

Pre-wo: 2 scoops ATW IsolateMid-day: 1 scoop ATW Lean and Fit

I looked into that one.. steveoph recommended it to be actually. Lowest priced 5 lbs bucket at Nutra. With a great profile. But I saw Dymatize's Elite 12. Hr Protein and knew I wanted to try it out; and then Dymatize's Whey Protein proved to have A+ ratings across the board, with delicious flavors, so I figured I'd I'd the Dymatize combo!

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
I dont know exactly how long dymatize takes to be fully released into the system, but its the best night time protein ive ever used, always slept well, and i got some of my best natural gains using that in my stack, just cant get it over here at the mo. Ahhaa, im in the uk now, im sure i could get it here.
Enjoy the run bro, we are all here supporting you, dont let those bills get you down...Russian

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Guess I'll be trying that next time I run out of casein.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I dont know exactly how long dymatize takes to be fully released into the system, but its the best night time protein ive ever used, always slept well, and i got some of my best natural gains using that in my stack, just cant get it over here at the mo. Ahhaa, im in the uk now, im sure i could get it here.
Enjoy the run bro, we are all here supporting you, dont let those bills get you down...Russian
Actually Russian, I don't want to let you down too much here, but I found the supplements in the UK to be subpar.. Usually when I travel overseas - its for work and for a couple weeks at a time. I usually pack my clothes, and expense supplements when I get there as meals - as I typically do not go out to eat when I travel. London was one of the hardest places for me to find healthy supplements and foods... familiar ones at least. I'm sure once you get some experience wth the local brands you'll be fine - I may just have not had the time to adapt.

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Bro, you in the UK now?! .. check out [http:// discountsupplements .co.uk/] .. Got some great prices !

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bro, you in the UK now?! .. check out [http:// discountsupplements .co.uk/] .. Got some great prices !
They sure do!! I've ordered from there a few times now. I still got some stuff in stash from there. Awesome prices. And they have some of the old prohormone powders as well. Great for some transdermal fun. Another UK site is www.cheapsupplemnents.uk.com Australianmade told me about these sites a year ago. I'm sure he'll be showing Russian all the good deals over there.

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Day #9 of PCT:

As usual;
- 60 minutes pre-workout: 5 caps Blue Gene
- 20 minutes pre-workout: 1 cap Anabolic Pump
- Intra-workout: 5 scoops Xtend

Repetition Speed on ALL exercises: 2 second negative, COMPLETE stop on bottom (or top) of movement, explosive ascent. (2-1-0)

Deltoid Massacre:

Smith Front Press - (135 * 15) 185 * 10 reps * 4 sets
Seated Dumbbell Press - 50 * 10 reps * 4 sets

Seated Side Laterals - 30 * 10 reps * 4 sets
Kneeling Close-grip Upright Rows - 95 * 12, 115 * 12, 135 * 10

Seated Two-arm Front Dumbbell Raises - 25 * 12 reps * 3 sets
Seated Dumbbell Shrugs - 120 * 15 reps * 3 sets

Weight - ?

15 minutes prior to completion of workout: 1 cap Anabolic Pump/1 cap PSlin

Immidiately following completion of workout: Post-workout Shake

* 1.5 scoops (35 grams) Elite 12 Hr. Protein
* 8 grams L-Leucine
* 50 grams Carbo Gain + 60 grams WMS mixed
* mix with 20 oz. of Xtend I had left from my intra-workout shake
* 3 g CEE on the side

Upon completion of post-workout shake: 1 Power Bar Performance Energize (Step 1) [An additional 43 g carbs/8 g protein]

Notes:

- The sheer amount of total sets/reps/volume today was above and beyond anything I've performed in months ! Energy was constant and throughout. No fidgeting, no out-of-the-world kick in the a$$ energy, but a continuous supply that allowed me to squeeze out rep after rep, set after set, exercise after exercise. The ONE thing I WILL contribute this to is the Blue Gene. Perhaps a placebo effect, but I personally doubt that. I'm not using any other pre-workouts, and the AP isn't notorious to give an energy boost without taking it with carbs prior to a pre-workout meal or the likes. I used to never be able to get in the zone without a pre-workout drink, but I've now gone through three workouts with great energy, allowing me to push through longer and more tedious workouts.

- I'm really liking the change in repetition speed. I used to primarily focus on how much weight I moved, but I'm not after that now. I'm after the feel . . and let me tell you, seated Smith Front Press with a 1.5-2 second negative, and a complete stop at the bottom before an explosive ascent torched my front/side deltoids. My Dumbbell Presses were pain-free on my elbow and shoulder joints, but god damn, adding 3 second negatives (like I did today) on these, followed by 1-2 second stop on bottom; they brought on some hellacious pain, in a good way! Seated Side Laterals where I raise the Dumbbells above shoulder level, and then restrict my arms from simply falling back down brought out 5-6 new pumping veins across my side and front deltoids.

I was supposed to do legs today, but once again, some minor digestion issues prior to the gym had me change my mind. Legs are coming up tomorrow, granted everything goes according to plan.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's an amazing workout. Once I take a week off from training in December, I'm going to be doing a superset routine similar to this one along with certain days dedicated to powerlifts.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice man. The thing I found most notable with Blue GENE was the increase of muscle endurance and general stamina.

I should make my workout partner do kneeling upright rows. He always uses his knees to bump that upward momentum. He does that with shrugs, too.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
They sure do!! I've ordered from there a few times now. I still got some stuff in stash from there. Awesome prices. And they have some of the old prohormone powders as well. Great for some transdermal fun. Another UK site is www.cheapsupplemnents.uk.com Australianmade told me about these sites a year ago. I'm sure he'll be showing Russian all the good deals over there.
Why the hell are you ordering stuff from London TG? :lol:

You like paying for sh*t in Pounds?

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Viking - any reason you prefer doing your DB shugs in a seated position? I usually do mine standing.

Those seated lateral DBraises are nasty. I re-stole those from you from your workout videos to reincorporate into my own workouts. Of course I'm only usin 20 pounds though... :sad:

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Viking - any reason you prefer doing your DB shugs in a seated position? I usually do mine standing.

Those seated lateral DBraises are nasty. I re-stole those from you from your workout videos to reincorporate into my own workouts. Of course I'm only usin 20 pounds though... :sad:
I mix it up from workout to workout, varying from seated and standing dumbbell shrugs, to behind and front barbell shrugs (also performed on Smith Machine at times), and Laying Cable Shrugs (performed on the Seated Cable Low Row Station).

Whenever I perform my repetitions very slowly and controlled and really squeeze the traps and go to a full hanging stretch on the bottom, at the point where the 15-20 reps of shrugs take 60 or so seconds, doing them standing gets to my lower back at times. Since that's how I've begun performing my reps nowadays, I can more easily control the movement by doing them seated.

When I do them seated, I can curve my back to a more comfortable position, allowing me to reduce any unwanted stress on my lower back, and I can take my time for each and every rep, without sacrificing form nor expending any extra energy from standing up with 250 (+/-) lbs hanging off of your arms. (2 X 125 +/-)

Another favorite is doing them laying on the seated cable row machine. Once again, you can take any lower back involvement out; Rest your shins on the leg pad of the seated cable row machine (so knees are bent), grab the cable handle and lay back down so your face is facing the ceiling. With the cables I get a different kind of pump than with the barbell and dumbbells, because I feel like I can do more controlled reps, focusing solely on my traps instead of worrying about my grip or my back or legs or what not . . .

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
The nastiness continues.. Round II.
Count on it ! I keep forgetting my camera in the gym, but I'm veinier than before . . . and a couple lbs lighter. Getting the Trione in tomorrow; counting on seeing some considerable lean and hardness next week !

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why the hell are you ordering stuff from London TG? :lol:

You like paying for sh*t in Pounds?
They have some selections over there, that we don't have over here. Some obsolete stuff. And they have had some of the same products that are cheaper to order from there. Their Royal Air shipping is free and it takes only 6 days to receive an order. You might want to look through their selections bro.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Repetition Speed on ALL exercises: 2 second negative, COMPLETE stop on bottom (or top) of movement, explosive ascent. (2-1-0)

I'm really liking the change in repetition speed. I used to primarily focus on how much weight I moved, but I'm not after that now. I'm after the feel . . and let me tell you, seated Smith Front Press with a 1.5-2 second negative, and a complete stop at the bottom before an explosive ascent torched my front/side deltoids. My Dumbbell Presses were pain-free on my elbow and shoulder joints, but god damn, adding 3 second negatives (like I did today) on these, followed by 1-2 second stop on bottom; they brought on some hellacious pain, in a good way! Seated Side Laterals where I raise the Dumbbells above shoulder level, and then restrict my arms from simply falling back down brought out 5-6 new pumping veins across my side and front deltoids.
I have done this same thing in the past. Totally change my repetition tempo and slow everything way down. I would do maybe 2-1-4 as a tempo speed. 2 seconds positive, 1 second hold, and 4 seconds negative. People that have never tried this, need to. Most people don't realize just how fast their rep speeds are. They ought to have someone time their sets. They'd be surprised to find out just how little T.U.T. (time under tension) they are really utilizing. You have to place more tension on your muscles than just 15 seconds. The modified DC routine I am currently using has slowed my reps way down from the past. I used to pump that sh!t out like Branch Warren and Ronnie Coleman. :lol: Now I am doing it right! LOL When you take cheating and momentum out of the equation, you will be surprised at how much stronger you become. I think you will make some incredible improvements and gains training like this viking. Keep slaughtering, pillaging, and conquering!! :duel:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day #9 of PCT:

As usual;
- 60 minutes pre-workout: 5 caps Blue Gene
- 20 minutes pre-workout: 1 cap Anabolic Pump
- Intra-workout: 5 scoops Xtend

Deltoid Massacre:

Smith Front Press - (135 * 15) 185 * 10 reps * 4 sets
Seated Dumbbell Press - 50 * 10 reps * 4 sets

Seated Side Laterals - 30 * 10 reps * 4 sets
Kneeling Close-grip Upright Rows - 95 * 12, 115 * 12, 135 * 10

Seated Two-arm Front Dumbbell Raises - 25 * 12 reps * 3 sets
Seated Dumbbell Shrugs - 120 * 15 reps * 3 sets

Weight - ?

15 minutes prior to completion of workout: 1 cap Anabolic Pump/1 cap PSlin

Immidiately following completion of workout: Post-workout Shake

* 1.5 scoops (35 grams) Elite 12 Hr. Protein
* 8 grams L-Leucine
* 50 grams Carbo Gain + 60 grams WMS mixed
* mix with 20 oz. of Xtend I had left from my intra-workout shake
* 3 g CEE on the side

Upon completion of post-workout shake: 1 Power Bar Performance Energize (Step 1) [An additional 43 g carbs/8 g protein]

Notes:

- The sheer amount of total sets/reps/volume today was above and beyond anything I've performed in months ! Energy was constant and throughout. No fidgeting, no out-of-the-world kick in the a$$ energy, but a continuous supply that allowed me to squeeze out rep after rep, set after set, exercise after exercise. The ONE thing I WILL contribute this to is the Blue Gene. Perhaps a placebo effect, but I personally doubt that. I'm not using any other pre-workouts, and the AP isn't notorious to give an energy boost without taking it with carbs prior to a pre-workout meal or the likes. I used to never be able to get in the zone without a pre-workout drink, but I've now gone through three workouts with great energy, allowing me to push through longer and more tedious workouts.

- I'm really liking the change in repetition speed. I used to primarily focus on how much weight I moved, but I'm not after that now. I'm after the feel . . and let me tell you, seated Smith Front Press with a 1.5-2 second negative, and a complete stop at the bottom before an explosive ascent torched my front/side deltoids. My Dumbbell Presses were pain-free on my elbow and shoulder joints, but god damn, adding 3 second negatives (like I did today) on these, followed by 1-2 second stop on bottom; they brought on some hellacious pain, in a good way! Seated Side Laterals where I raise the Dumbbells above shoulder level, and then restrict my arms from simply falling back down brought out 5-6 new pumping veins across my side and front deltoids.

I was supposed to do legs today, but once again, some minor digestion issues prior to the gym had me change my mind. Legs are coming up tomorrow, granted everything goes according to plan.
TUT to the fullest! I used to do that, too, but with a twist. I'd perform the 1-2 sec negatives, and at the last rep, I'd hold the weight in a static contraction until muscle failure (this could last up to 30 sec), then fight the negative as the weight is unwillingly descending. This was back in my Mike Mentzer inspired HIT says. My goal was muscle fatigue, then muscle failure in hopes of exciting hypertrophic and neural adaptions. I must say that this method did get me stronger for SURE. I got up to doing one arm Db curls on the vertical preacher with 60's, but HIT is relatively low volume in theory. Maybe I'll transition back to that again for a season. You always inspire or rekindle ish like that with me.

Edit: Thunder may enjoy this method I use to employ, I know you're a big DC/HIT fan.

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
TUT to the fullest! I used to do that, too, but with a twist. I'd perform the 1-2 sec negatives, and at the last rep, I'd hold the weight in a static contraction until muscle failure (this could last up to 30 sec), then fight the negative as the weight is unwillingly descending. This was back in my Mike Mentzer inspired HIT says. My goal was muscle fatigue, then muscle failure in hopes of exciting hypertrophic and neural adaptions. I must say that this method did get me stronger for SURE. I got up to doing one arm Db curls on the vertical preacher with 60's, but HIT is relatively low volume in theory. Maybe I'll transition back to that again for a season. You always inspire or rekindle ish like that with me.

Edit: Thunder may enjoy this method I use to employ, I know you're a big DC/HIT fan.
Volcom, you think THUNDER may enjoy this method ? God damn, man, I didn't even have to finish reading the above comments by you before I considered swapping out my leg training session today for either arms or chest . . I'm liking your repetition speed, but what I'm digging is the idea of the static hold followed by a slow a$$ negative (or however slow you're able to go with your muscle fibers quivering and tearing). I only incorporated static holds for DB shrugs before; crank out 20 reps with 125s, then let your shoulders down . . and hold . . and hold . . 20 seconds . . 40 seconds . .60 seconds . .

SO . . I've come to the conclusion that this board has so much god damn advice to offer, and has suggestions and varitations in which everyone could benefit from, that one member shouldn't have to suffer for not joining in on the right threads and being presented this valuable information. I'm telling ya fellas, we need some form of 'Underground Anabolic [Minds] Training Manual' ! We've got various methods of dieting/cardio regimes . . we've got every form and method of training, from DC style to west coast style, to ever rep range . . we've got supplement stacks and combos (I'll refer to Thundergod's hellacious run that have been put so much thought into, and planned so thoroughly, that it's simply an inspiration to see and realize how much it actually takes) . . I'm saying, let's get this $hit on paper !!!

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
I got my Nutraplanet order in today. and they hooked me up with a shaker cup, a T-shirt, a Dymatize Protein Cereal (basa$$!!), six samples of Axis Labs Adipo-X, a sample of Scivation's Whey, and a sample of Primaforce's Dialene.

Reps for Verner @ Nutraplanet, and the rest of the crew !!

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
As a note, Viking, almost all of the individuals I have placed on programs similar to yours relate an increase in energy. This is due to the massively increased oxidation of FAs (fatty acids). One of AP's prominent roles is to replace FAs as the oxidative substrate for glucose in lieu of glucose depravation - essentially, consider FAs as taking the place of glucose in cellular energy transactions in this protocol. Such is why it is beneficial!

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Thunder, so now you're craving/lusting for that TD trione as well !? Arrghh, I went looking for the Penetrate when I placed my NP order because I LOVE transdermal products, but they were out of stock . . I guess for now, capsules will have to suffice.

Tell me, does anyone spread out the dosing of 6-OXO? I used to only take it prior to bed-time, 3-6 caps, depending on where I was in my PCT. I'd run 6 caps for ten days, followed by a second bottle at 3-4 caps/day.

Thunder (or anyone else), if you suggest dosing the Trione throughout the day, how much, when and why spread it out?

Here's my planned dosing scheme:

6-OXO: 4 caps/day (4 caps prior to bed time OR 2 caps 90 min pre-workout and 2 caps pre-bed)
Activate Xtreme: 4 caps/day (2 AM [morning], 2 PM [evening])
Stoked: 4 caps/day [2 am [morning], 2 pm [evening]

Anyone?

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
As a note, Viking, almost all of the individuals I have placed on programs similar to yours relate an increase in energy. This is due to the massively increased oxidation of FAs (fatty acids). One of AP's prominent roles is to replace FAs as the oxidative substrate for glucose in lieu of glucose depravation - essentially, consider FAs as taking the place of glucose in cellular energy transactions in this protocol. Such is why it is beneficial!
Mullet; do you back up my doing 1 cap AP 20 minutes pre-workout, followed by another cap AP 15-20 minutes prior to completion of my workout for a double-whammy alongside the PSlin?

.. followed by a third and final cap of AP 15 minutes prior to my post-workout meal [100 minutes following completion of workout) ?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mullet; do you back up my doing 1 cap AP 20 minutes pre-workout, followed by another cap AP 15-20 minutes prior to completion of my workout for a double-whammy alongside the PSlin?

.. followed by a third and final cap of AP 15 minutes prior to my post-workout meal [100 minutes following completion of workout) ?
As long as the AP + P-Slin are taken together, yes (on last set of resistance training). For the program to work in full, at least how it is designed, the training needs to be fasted.