vikingincís Twisted PCT/Re-comp Extravaganza - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 11

vikingincís Twisted PCT/Re-comp Extravaganza

Page 11 of 16 First ... 6910111213 ... Last
  1. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.

Alright... Here I go.

First of all Viking... Let me just say I'm overjoyed that your dog turned out to be safe and sound. I had a dog growing up that I loved, and I have a dog that I'm dying to buy when I find myself out of the city someday.. I love dogs, I understand the bond, and I pray none of you ever have to lose your dog unexpectedly.

Now moving on to this cum receptacle.

I'm not even going to front and say that I looked roided out on any level. I don't look nearly as imposing as say Viking - most of you guys have at least 30 solid pounds on me, and are at or below my bodyfat level, but believe it or not - I have been getting some of this stupid sh*t thrown my way lately. Not sure how many of you know my background, but I fought internationally in olympic taekwondo since I was 11 - always between 137 and 145 pounds - at 6'1''. I know you guys can appreciate what my meals must have been like - even with the cardio I was doing. My body has been begging for food for years, and in many ways, I lost the late teen years and early twenties from any heavy lifting if you will - and gain potential. So yeah, it looks a little odd when I throw on 40 pounds in a little under a year. But let's be honest - I ran one f*cking H-Drol cycle - and that was when I hit 175 naturally. I wanted to be bigger, I wanted to fit clothes, I don't need to ask for your permission to play catch up after keeping my body artificially thin for 10+ years.

The amount of energy, time, blood - sweat - tears, puke we all put into making ourselves the best we can possibly be is a huge sacrifice... and something we love. To have that thrown in our face is just absolute bullsh*t.

I would never hit a girl either, but I sure as hell would shake the sh*t out of her.

I've been getting more comments from people at work than anything. They ask if I'm "shooting up"... I'll say something like "you mean heroin?"... It usually boils down to one painfully skinny dude and a fat dude joking how they should take steroids and come into work "lookin all huge n sh*t"...

B*tch please... That's not how it works. Come work out with me for a day and you'll be begging to go back to your couch with your bag of Lays and an IV of KFC drippings.

Honestly man... The best thing to do with chicks like that is... Walk over to the sink, pour a cup of nice cold water, drink a few sips to cool yourself down - then dump the rest straight on that b*tch's face and see what she has to say then.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.

Timber;

- massive props for your hard-core background ! Putting yourself through starvation mode year after year is above and beyond the brutal style of pre-contest dieting in which bodybuiders do for 1/3-1/4 of the year. God damn, bro, you've got dedication and sacrifice etched in your spine now ! Beyond fighting, do you see yourself aim higher within the realms of bodybuilding ? What are your goals in your fighting ? (you mentioned you used to do Olympic tae kwon do, so I assume you're no longer fighting at the Olympic level, but national/state contests, etc?)
    VikingInc On a Fat-SMOLDERING Journey, Sponsored by Southland Performance Products

- My Quest To Reach 200 lbs. Is Officially In The Making!
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by vikinginc View Post
    Timber;

- massive props for your hard-core background ! Putting yourself through starvation mode year after year is above and beyond the brutal style of pre-contest dieting in which bodybuiders do for 1/3-1/4 of the year. God damn, bro, you've got dedication and sacrifice etched in your spine now ! Beyond fighting, do you see yourself aim higher within the realms of bodybuilding ? What are your goals in your fighting ? (you mentioned you used to do Olympic tae kwon do, so I assume you're no longer fighting at the Olympic level, but national/state contests, etc?)
    Appreciate it man. I know if anyone could appreciate the starvation and sacrifice - it would be bodybuilders. You guys are freaking hardcore.

I stopped taekwondo about mid-way through college. Had an accident involving a training partner. Long story short - we were prepping for a tournament, and his teeth ended up in my heel. Got a really bad foot infection, and was pretty worried that I might lose a part of my foot. After that the guilt led me away from training in that dicipline anymore. I felt horrible. Ended up getting pretty soft. Wouldn't say fat persay, but like a normal 170 pound college student lets say. Looks good in clothes, but not at the pool.

I picked up boxing a little over a year after that accident. It was nice to get back into an impact sport, release some aggression - also started lifting light weights periodically. After college, I decided to get back into fight shape. My short stint in London beefed me up to about 190 (not good weight). Lost that sh*t and I competed in local shows at 155 in American style kickboxing using my boxing and my old taekwondo again.. It was wild to see how much better at kicking I was than conventional kickboxers even after all that time elapsed. Went 5-0 over 6 months of fights, but got skeeved out with the local promoter I was working with, and walked away last year. About two years ago I got involved in BJJ as well, and I've really been enjoying that.

I guess to summarize - I'm just really enjoying a lightened version of bodybuilding - along with boxing and BJJ. I'd love to fight again, I get the itch all the time. The next ideas I'm flirting with are the NY Golden Gloves (novice) or an amateur MMA fight... Obviously will need to wait awhile after this M-Drol run to return to my "natural" roots.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    Appreciate it man. I know if anyone could appreciate the starvation and sacrifice - it would be bodybuilders. You guys are freaking hardcore.

I stopped taekwondo about mid-way through college. Had an accident involving a training partner. Long story short - we were prepping for a tournament, and his teeth ended up in my heel. Got a really bad foot infection, and was pretty worried that I might lose a part of my foot. After that the guilt led me away from training in that dicipline anymore. I felt horrible. Ended up getting pretty soft. Wouldn't say fat persay, but like a normal 170 pound college student lets say. Looks good in clothes, but not at the pool.

I picked up boxing a little over a year after that accident. It was nice to get back into an impact sport, release some aggression - also started lifting light weights periodically. After college, I decided to get back into fight shape. My short stint in London beefed me up to about 190 (not good weight). Lost that sh*t and I competed in local shows at 155 in American style kickboxing using my boxing and my old taekwondo again.. It was wild to see how much better at kicking I was than conventional kickboxers even after all that time elapsed. Went 5-0 over 6 months of fights, but got skeeved out with the local promoter I was working with, and walked away last year. About two years ago I got involved in BJJ as well, and I've really been enjoying that.

I guess to summarize - I'm just really enjoying a lightened version of bodybuilding - along with boxing and BJJ. I'd love to fight again, I get the itch all the time. The next ideas I'm flirting with are the NY Golden Gloves (novice) or an amateur MMA fight... Obviously will need to wait awhile after this M-Drol run to return to my "natural" roots.
    Unbelievable story and training background, my friend !

It's quite remarkable how the fighting and bodybuilding lifestyle helps us keep focused and disciplined and remain on the right track. In both sports, everything has to be in-sync. So many factors are involved, and a complete dedication of ones life is required for ultimate success.
    VikingInc On a Fat-SMOLDERING Journey, Sponsored by Southland Performance Products

5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Damn bro! Did your friend have rabbies in his mouth!?!? Great story by the way, you're like Ryu from Street Fighter 2, international beat downs.
    NSCA - CSCS
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Damn bro! Did your friend have rabbies in his mouth!?!? Great story by the way, you're like Ryu from Street Fighter 2, international beat downs.
    Human bites are dirty as sh*t... Especially if the tooth is lodged under the skin. It's dirtier than any dog bite by far.
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Human bites are dirty as sh*t... Especially if the tooth is lodged under the skin. It's dirtier than any dog bite by far.
    Time to cut down on that kinky stuff with the girlfriend.

Fun Fact: Apart from Rabies, dog bites are cleaner then ours because their saliva is condensed with boatloads of bacteria killing chemicals, which serves as their protective mechanisms from eating dead flesh. I'm sure this may be true with many carnivores, but I'm only aware of dogs.
    NSCA - CSCS
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.

Day #24 of PCT:

Popping Them PECtorals:

Incline Bench Press -
    Warm-up: 95 * 15, 135 * 12
    Preparation sets: 185 * 10, 205 * 10
    DC sets: 225 * 8 -> 15 Deep Breaths -> 225 * 6 -> 15 Deep Breaths -> 225 * 4 -> 15 Deep Breaths -> 185 * 8

Incline Hammer Press -
    Warm-up: 90 * 20
    DC sets: 230 * 10 -> 15 Deep Breaths -> 230 * 6 -> 15 Deep Breaths -> 230 * 4 -> 15 Deep Breaths -> 180 * 8

Flat Dumbbell Flyes -
    Warm-up: 30 * 20 reps
    Drop-sets:
    60 * 8 -> 40 * 10
    60 * 8 -> 40 * 10
    60 * 10 -> 40 * 10

Dumbbell Pullovers -
    DC-set: 80 * 12 -> 15 Deep Breaths -> 80 * 8 reps
    Working sets: 100 * 8, 100 * 8 reps

Dumbbell Shrugs [superset]
    Warm-up: 100 * 25
    DC-sets: 125 * 15 -> 15 Deep Breaths -> 125 * 15
    150 * 12 -> 15 Deep Breaths -> 150 * 10

Wide-grip Dips, 4-5 second negatives [superset] -
    Working sets: BW * 4 reps * 3 sets

Machine Bench Press -
    Warm-up Set: 150 * 12
    Negatives: 250 * 3, 250 * 4, 250 * 4 reps
    (each set of negatives followed by 100 * 10 normal reps)

Weight - ?

- A LOT going on here, huh ?! God damn, with my exercises being over with in no time, I had to switch $hit up in order to keep at it. Blasted the $hit outta my pecs, and the trap pump was overwhelming. Took me untill I got to the fourth set or so on Incline Barbell presses before I got any kind of pump; but beyond that point, holy $hit !!!

9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I really dig the workout, Viking! I may have to incorporate some DC training into my next routine. I've been reading up on it a little.
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

That was intense! Even for a Nordic Yetti. Good stuff man!
    NSCA - CSCS
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

The expedience of a high intensity workout like that was a pro and con for me. Pro, it left me with time and mental energy to perform more cardio at the end. Con, it didn't satisfy my hunger to lift, it usually felt too short.

Solid job though. I remember my traps would look like they're about to pop from the pumps.
    NSCA - CSCS
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.

Day #24 of PCT:

Popping Them PECtorals:

Incline Bench Press -
    Warm-up: 95 * 15, 135 * 12
    Preparation sets: 185 * 10, 205 * 10
    DC sets: 225 * 8 -> 15 Deep Breaths -> 225 * 6 -> 15 Deep Breaths -> 225 * 4 -> 15 Deep Breaths -> 185 * 8

Incline Hammer Press -
    Warm-up: 90 * 20
    DC sets: 230 * 10 -> 15 Deep Breaths -> 230 * 6 -> 15 Deep Breaths -> 230 * 4 -> 15 Deep Breaths -> 180 * 8

Flat Dumbbell Flyes -
    Warm-up: 30 * 20 reps
    Drop-sets:
    60 * 8 -> 40 * 10
    60 * 8 -> 40 * 10
    60 * 10 -> 40 * 10

Dumbbell Pullovers -
    DC-set: 80 * 12 -> 15 Deep Breaths -> 80 * 8 reps
    Working sets: 100 * 8, 100 * 8 reps

Dumbbell Shrugs [superset]
    Warm-up: 100 * 25
    DC-sets: 125 * 15 -> 15 Deep Breaths -> 125 * 15
    150 * 12 -> 15 Deep Breaths -> 150 * 10

Wide-grip Dips, 4-5 second negatives [superset] -
    Working sets: BW * 4 reps * 3 sets

Machine Bench Press -
    Warm-up Set: 150 * 12
    Negatives: 250 * 3, 250 * 4, 250 * 4 reps
    (each set of negatives followed by 100 * 10 normal reps)

Weight - ?

- A LOT going on here, huh ?! God damn, with my exercises being over with in no time, I had to switch $hit up in order to keep at it. Blasted the $hit outta my pecs, and the trap pump was overwhelming. Took me untill I got to the fourth set or so on Incline Barbell presses before I got any kind of pump; but beyond that point, holy $hit !!!
    Now you're cookin'!!! Hel to the yes!! True, the DC sets won't give an awesome pump, but they will jack up your strength and subsequently your muscle mass like nothing else. The lighter weight back off sets are where the almighty pump is realized. I do "widowmaker" type back off sets with rep as high as 20 or more on all sorts of exercises. Talk about HGH secretion!! You'll be oozin' the stuff! I know this was only the first workout of this type. Let me know in a couple of weeks how you really like it. I'm sure that you will though. This sort of brutality was made for you. Or you were made for it. Either way. You and high-intensity are made for each other!! Fight on my fellow warrior of the Realm Eternal!!
    THE PAIN YOU ENDURE TODAY WILL PRODUCE THE POWER YOU ENJOY TOMORROW!!

"Ye are gods, and all of you are children of the most High."
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.

Volcom, I agree. Initially, it felt as if this DC/HIT style training took too little time out of my day @ the gym, and I wouldn't be able to leave with a clear conscience had I not jumped into a bunch of supersets, drop sets, etc . . but then again, that's what DC-training advises you to do. Mix it up, then stir it up some more ! If anything, starting my chest session DC-style inspired me to try a bunch of different $hit just to up my intensity and surprise my body. I had buddies coming up to me afterwards saying, dude, wtf was going on with you today, that $hits too intense to even look at ! .. I just told em I'm switching it up, testing out the waters with a new training style. But they saw the animal in me last night . . and as did I ! Thunder, you were right about that, we were one helluva match !

14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.

Story time !

another exciting traditional Thursday evening @ Wings N' More !

.. I had barely even gotten outta the shower following my gym session before my buddy called me and told me to head on over. I put 10 oz. chicken on the pan with some mushrooms and got dressed while it go ready. Made sure not to drench myself in too much cologne, as I wanted the females to smell the scent of my Renegade. As I lathered up in the shower, I left it foaming on me for two minutes before showering it off . . and it definitely helped the scent stay on my skin following the shower. Alright, CHECK, I feel safe now ! Added some brown rice to the mix, and drove towards Wings N' More while eating dinner.

.. classically late, my friends are sitting by two tables, with three strangers at the end of the table. These were two guys who knew me from the gym (I'd seen them, but never spoke with them), and then a girl who, ironically enough, I had ran into when she gave me a hair cut at a hair salon in town three days ago. We had been shooting the $hit about where the best margaritas were in town while she cut my hair, and I'd been praising this place . . and now she was here with her bf and a friend. Crazy coincidence, but the more [people] the merrier is what I say when alcohol is in the picture.

.. then there was my buddy's girl.. Ahhh, she's fiiiine ! She's this fine:

I won't admit that I've been eyeballing her for a couple of weeks now . . ok, I just did . . and we've talked more and more lately as I'm always hanging out with this group of friends. I do make a point of striking up conversation with her, and I get to know her better each time we talk. AND she smokes ! Like a champ ! And she's among the many who's very entertained by me smoking; I'm the one-hit wonder ! [No, that does NOT have a double meaning ! hahaha]

.. although she sat right next to her bf, we still spoke a hole in eachothers heads, and I was mocking her for going real easy on her margarita. I had worked on half of my second one by the time she had had 1/3 of hers, and we were both feeling goooo-hoood.

I've got to say, there was something about the Alpha Male feeling of last night's evening. I felt like I 'belonged' . . I was 150% comfortable with my surroundings, and I was carrying on conversations with all 10 people at the table from time to time. And I must say, both this girl and the hair dresser were giving me a whooole lot of attention ! Both very interested in carrying on a conversation with me, and they were smiling from ear to ear as we were carrying on our conversation. It felt great !

It seems this group of friends really respect me for my passion for bodybuilding and they see how I bust my a$$ in the gym time and time again. As a result, the past three weeks, three of these buddies have cranked up their training, begun asking me diet and cardio tips, what supplements to take, etc. And we talked about all this at the table over our margaritas, and for once, I didn't feel 'weird' talking about training and bodybuilding in public, because they were all interested in my tips and suggestions, and they were all discussing these matters with me. And kept asking more and more questions. Normally, I'd feel like people would judge me for talking about it in public, but not around these guys ! They're all wanting to start their preparations for Spring Break to get in their all-time best shape, and want me to help them, which would be my honor to do.

. . Then the aformentioned girl jumped in . . I need to get CUT ! she said. I'm like, what's there to lose on you? SERIOUSLY? I saw your sexy-a$$ in that slutty cheerleader outfit on Halloween [she wore a torn up skirt, with nothing more than a thong underneath!], and there's nothing for you to get rid ! . .

She's like, 'I want to be shredded, have a tight and lean stomach and show some abs ! And I want you to help me ! I'll do exactly what you say ! Eat what you suggest ! Train and do cardio like you want me to ! And then once I show off my body on Spring Break, I'm gonna tell everyone, he did this to me !, and point at you ! . . . Oh, this was a goood conversation. And she was looking fiiiiner and fiiiiner the more we were talking. Needless to say, i agreed to the assignment, and I can't wait to get this party started !

Dudes, that was the coolest $hit I've had happen in a loooong time !

.. I had my two margaritas (my limit) and it was all I needed for a perfect social buzz with a great, positive mood ! We headed over to my buds immidiately following Wings N' More, and we didn't wait for one second before lighting that bada-BONG ! .. and I was an eager camper, and hit that thing, time and time again. Wheeeewieeee ! After 4-5 bong hits (equal to 12-15 hits for average joe), my buddies told me he had two blunts ready, and we all, eight of us, stepped outside and got in our Circle of Green. Pass, pass, Puff, Pass, pass, Puff . . I felt uncontrollably high. I was seeing double. I was seeing blurred. We kept passing. Then the hottie said, 'NOPE, I'm done! NO MORE!' and began walking towards me. Fortunately, I had the blunt in my hand. Puff it, pass it, here you go, sexy ! She stood next to me grabbed that blunt, and hit it goood ! Then looked at me with those foxy little eyes . . then came the second blunt . . Puff it, pass it, here you go again, sexy ! And she took it, without skipping a beat, and hit it like a champ ! Ahhhhhh, there was something unbelieably sexy about that. She had stepped away from her guy because she was done smoking five minutes earlier, but didn't hesitate to stop and stand next to me and shoot the $hits and giggle for a bit while puffing that blunt. There was something to that .. every time we spoke last night, there was a connection of some sort. No tension at all, and she seemed to trust me from the get-go, and opened up to me about various things as well. I won't read much into this as she's my buddy's girl, and I respect that, but I'll continue being who I am now, and we'll see what happens.

.. So, I got to a new dimension of high-ness last night, and literally crashed @ midnight. Crashed at my buddy's couch as they went to the bar streets. I couldn't walk, I saw double, I couldn't think . . I passed out within ten minutes of sitting down on the couch, woke up at 3.50AM, got up, got in my car, went home, took my vitamins/supplements, mixed a casein shake, and got to bed.

Woke up this morning feeling like a million bucks ! I'm never hung over, because two margaritas only put me on the social buzz-stage without fear of hangovers . . and the blunts merely add to the drunken intensity each time . . so it feels good having a ball of an evening like last night, waking up feeling good, and knowing I'll be back in the gym today, busting as much a$$ as I did yesterday evening !

The End !

15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

All I can say is LOL.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.

Building that Beastly Back

Day #25 of PCT:

Building that Concrete Wall

Pulldowns:

Warm-up: 100 * 25, 140 * 20, 200 * 12
    DC Sets: 300 * 15 -> 15 Deep Breaths -> 300 * 10 -> 15 Deep Breaths -> 300 * 6 -> 15 Deep Breaths -> 240 * 10

Icarian Incline Rows(underhand grip):

Warm-up: 45 * 20, 90 * 10
    Working sets: 135 * 10, 180 * 8, 180 * 8, 180 * 6

T-bar Rows (fixed lever, CLOSE grip):

Working sets: 135 * 12 reps * 3 sets

V-grip Pulldowns:

Warm-up: 100 * 15, 140 * 10, 200 * 10
    Drop set (non-stop): 300 * 5 -> 260 * 5 -> 220 * 5 -> 180 * 5

One-arm Hammer Pulldowns(underhand grip):

Warm-up: 80 * 15
    Working sets: 125 * 10, 125 * 10

Dumbbell Shrugs: [superset]

Working sets: 100 * 25, 125 * 15

Pull-ups (narrow-grip, slow reps): [superset]

Working sets: Bodyweight * 8, Bodyweight * 8

Weight - ?

Notes:
    - it's been a while since I had this much fun at the gym! And mad props to Thunda for inspiring me to do this hybrid-DC/create-your-own training program, with drop sets, negatives, statics and everything else. It also allows me to switch up the exercises, add new ones while keeping up with the traditional ones. Keep my body guessing by doing all drop-sets, such as my V-grip Pulldowns drop set, where I had a buddy change the pin after every 5 rep set was completed. Holy $hit, that felt gooood ! Oh, and the pulldowns DC-set with 300 !? F*CK MAN ! Don't ask, I still don't know how the F*CK I managed to do that ! No more than 15 deep breaths in between sets, and I was ready again. When I got 10 reps on the second set, and felt I could've gotten 2 more, I was like . . All the craaaazy $hit we do, craaaazy $hit, indeed !

17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Wooooooo doggy!
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.

Day #26 of PCT:

AM-cardio:

- 35 minute walk outdoors in fasted state
    - 20-25 minutes of abs immidiately following walk

19. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.

it's been a while since I had this much fun at the gym! And mad props to Thunda for inspiring me to do this hybrid-DC/create-your-own training program, with drop sets, negatives, statics and everything else. It also allows me to switch up the exercises, add new ones while keeping up with the traditional ones. Keep my body guessing by doing all drop-sets, such as my V-grip Pulldowns drop set, where I had a buddy change the pin after every 5 rep set was completed. Holy $hit, that felt gooood ! Oh, and the pulldowns DC-set with 300 !? F*CK MAN ! Don't ask, I still don't know how the F*CK I managed to do that ! No more than 15 deep breaths in between sets, and I was ready again. When I got 10 reps on the second set, and felt I could've gotten 2 more, I was like . . All the craaaazy $hit we do, craaaazy $hit, indeed !
    No props necessary my viking brother. It is reward enough to see you having this much fun! Awesome weights by the way. Your strength is remarkable. I get so fired up by reading your workout reports!! I can't wait for these 2 weeks of my light weight cruising to go by. I'm anxious about getting back in harnass and showing what this old mule is made of!!!

20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

At the moment, my workouts feel very homo in comparison

NSCA - CSCS
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  209 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thundergod View Post
    Now you're cookin'!!! Hel to the yes!! True, the DC sets won't give an awesome pump, but they will jack up your strength and subsequently your muscle mass like nothing else. The lighter weight back off sets are where the almighty pump is realized. I do "widowmaker" type back off sets with rep as high as 20 or more on all sorts of exercises. Talk about HGH secretion!! You'll be oozin' the stuff! I know this was only the first workout of this type. Let me know in a couple of weeks how you really like it. I'm sure that you will though. This sort of brutality was made for you. Or you were made for it. Either way. You and high-intensity are made for each other!! Fight on my fellow warrior of the Realm Eternal!!
    Yeah great numbers bro, i also love dc training but at the moment am just training according to how i feel, but as TG says gh will be pouring through your vains, and your strength will increase, i had my biggest and fastest strength increases dc training, and that was without gear.
    Great log, and great workout bro!!!
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by russianstar View Post
    Yeah great numbers bro, i also love dc training but at the moment am just training according to how i feel, but as TG says gh will be pouring through your vains, and your strength will increase, i had my biggest and fastest strength increases dc training, and that was without gear.
    Great log, and great workout bro!!!
    Good to see ya drop by, Russian!

And I am just as stoked to be utiliizing DC-training as Thunda is for seeing me do so, hahaha.. It's got an entirely different feel to it; the completion of a DC-session just has the blood pumping through my veins are lightning fast speeds. The pump, the rush of energy, the intensity . .. aaarrghhhhh !!! I'm ready for another session to come today ! I popped my Pslin cap 10 minutes ago, about to endulge in a oatmeal/PB/vanilla protein/mooshed banana fest for some pre-workout carbs ! . . then go tear it up in about two hours !

23. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Good to see ya drop by, Russian!

And I am just as stoked to be utiliizing DC-training as Thunda is for seeing me do so, hahaha.. It's got an entirely different feel to it; the completion of a DC-session just has the blood pumping through my veins are lightning fast speeds. The pump, the rush of energy, the intensity . .. aaarrghhhhh !!! I'm ready for another session to come today ! I popped my Pslin cap 10 minutes ago, about to endulge in a oatmeal/PB/vanilla protein/mooshed banana fest for some pre-workout carbs ! . . then go tear it up in about two hours !
    I love those, although I usually have time to make it into some solid oatmeal/porridge and enjoy

I considered DC, but I ended up not trying it because I don't have a consistent training schedule and it would be hard to coordinate with a partner.
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.

Day #26 of PCT:

Deltoid Massacre going DC-style

Behind-neck Smith Press

Warm-up: 95 * 15, 135 * 12, 185 * 10
    DC-set: 225 * 8 -> 15 deep breaths -> 225 * 6 -> 15 deep breaths -> 225 * 4 -> 15 deep breaths -> 185 * 8

Side Dumbbell Laterals

Warm-up: 30 * 15
    Working Drop-sets:
    1.) 60 * 5 -> 10 deep breaths -> 50 * 5 -> 10 deep breaths -> 40 * 5 -> 10 deep breaths -> 30 * 8
    2.) 50 * 8 -> 10 deep breaths -> 40 * 8 -> 10 deep breaths -> 30 * 10 -> 10 deep breaths -> 25 * 15

Kneeling Upright EZ-bar Rows

Warm-up: 95 * 15, 115 * 12
    DC-set: 135 * 8 -> 15 deep breaths -> 135 * 6 -> 15 deep breaths -> 135 * 4 -> 15 deep breaths -> 95 * 10

Laying Cable Shrugs

Working sets: 200 * 25, 240 * 25

Machine Preacher Curls

Warm-up: 60 * 25, 80 * 20
    DC-set: 120 * 9 -> 15 deep breaths -> 120 * 6 -> 15 deep breaths -> 120 * 4 -> 15 deep breaths -> 90 * 5

Rope Pressdowns

Warm-up: 40 * 25, 60 * 20
    DC-set: 120 * 8 -> 15 deep breaths -> 120 * -> 15 deep breaths -> 120 * 4 -> 15 deep breaths -> 100 * 8

Uni-arm Hammer Curls

Working sets: 50 * 10, 50 * 10, 50 * 15

Weight - ?

Notes:
    - yet another kick-a$$ work out. Great pumps, increased vascularity, definitely happy with my strength.. All in all, a damn solid session!

25. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.

Day #27 of PCT:

AM-cardio:

- 40 minute walk immidiately upon waking in fasted state.
    - 20 minutes of abs (non-stop fashion supersets of crunches, twisted crunches, leg raises, and laying body twists.

- I'm definitely getting my leanness back. I've still got some stubborn bodyfat on the obliques/lower abdomen, but I'm now in the zone of doing morning cardio/abs religiously, so I've got no doubt this'll improve on a weekly basis from here on out.

26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Ok, ya. I'm definitely doing some DC sets in my next routine. I've got until Dec 16th to create a new program, but I better get started soon!
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  209 lbs.

Day #27 of PCT:

AM-cardio:

- 40 minute walk immidiately upon waking in fasted state.
    - 20 minutes of abs (non-stop fashion supersets of crunches, twisted crunches, leg raises, and laying body twists.

- I'm definitely getting my leanness back. I've still got some stubborn bodyfat on the obliques/lower abdomen, but I'm now in the zone of doing morning cardio/abs religiously, so I've got no doubt this'll improve on a weekly basis from here on out.

Was the ab work fasted aswell, thats hard work bro, but thats whats dedication is all about, you know you have something to work on and thats what your doing, not using some magic pill, just using determination and power of will.
    Burn that fat viking style!!!
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by russianstar View Post
    Was the ab work fasted aswell, thats hard work bro, but thats whats dedication is all about, you know you have something to work on and thats what your doing, not using some magic pill, just using determination and power of will.
    Burn that fat viking style!!!
    Always is .. the past week, I've had four ab sessions, including three 20-25 minute sessions performed in fasted state immidiately upon completing cardio in fasted state. I've noticed greater leanness, obliques have tightened up a bit - although not where I want them to be yet - and my muscular stamina in my abdominals has dramatically increased. My abs have learned to take a beating, and this adaption is something I never felt before when focusing on dieting and abs, so I'm hoping that's a sign I'll surpass my previous best.

Regardless, I'm loaded up on chicken, pot roast, LEAN italian sausage, lean ground beef, eggs, oatmeal and brown rice, and I'm able to reduce/eliminate temptations for sweets, etc, so my only 'snack' is the occasional serving of Pretzels. Knowing I've got the diet-aspect in check, I merely have to adjust my cardiovascular intensity or cardio quantity, and watch my stomach shape up week by week. Utilizing DC and shocking my body in the way I have been the past three workouts will only help my quest for fat burning, I believe.

29. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.

Day #27 of PCT:

PM-cardio:

- 50 minute run outdoors

* Stamina was unbelievable today for some reason. I just kept going and going. Definitely felt good about getting in two sessions today, and about an hour and a half worth of cardio PLUS abs. I'm gonna keep this up, and I'm sure I'll get to where I want to be soon enough.

30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

The only snack I eat these days are Triscuits and salsa. It's really not even bad. 100% whole wheat and some tomato sauce/jalapenos. Yumm.
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    The only snack I eat these days are Triscuits and salsa. It's really not even bad. 100% whole wheat and some tomato sauce/jalapenos. Yumm.
    I do pretzels. They're my best friend while dieting. The ONE snack I don't feel bad snacking on.

32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I do pretzels. They're my best friend while dieting. The ONE snack I don't feel bad snacking on.
    Being Asian with our odd snacking foods, my cutting, cheat free snacks are dried seaweed and squid jerky (very low in sodium in comparison to my beloved Jack Link's beef jerky and very high in protein), lets see... black sesame seed cubes and I think that wraps up the cheat free snacks.

I really abuse the seaweed, when done right, it tastes great (to me).
    NSCA - CSCS
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.

My main snack these days is those "Thundergod Power Balls" that I tell everyone how to make. The Whey Protein, lowfat milk, peanut butter, oats, honey, and raisin bran mixed all together and formed into balls and placed in the refrigerator. I don't feel guilty at all munching on those!!

34. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.

My main snack these days is those "Thundergod Power Balls" that I tell everyone how to make. The Whey Protein, lowfat milk, peanut butter, oats, honey, and raisin bran mixed all together and formed into balls and placed in the refrigerator. I don't feel guilty at all munching on those!!
    BRO, thank you for reminding me !!! I copied your recipe a week back when I did a page 1 through 53 walk-through of your log, but never had the ingredients. I do now ! Hells yes, I've got a sweet tooth I need to cure and now I'm gonna do so in a healthy way !

35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

That ish sounds so damn healthy and good!
    NSCA - CSCS
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    That ish sounds so damn healthy and good!
    You got the recipe ? I'm unable to find it in his log . .

37. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.

You got the recipe ? I'm unable to find it in his log . .
    I already got your PM and gave you the recipe there. But for Volcom and for others who may be interested, here it is. Thundergod's Power Balls Recipe: 10 oz. of peanut butter, 2 cups of skim milk, 4 tablespoons of honey, 10 scoops of Whey Protein (avg. 25 grams of protein per scoop), 2 cups of your favorite cereal ( I like Post Honey Bunches of Oats with Strawberries or Kashi Raisin Bran), and then 2 or more cups of coarse dry oats. Mix together the peanut butter, milk, and honey in a large mixing bowl until it is smooth and creamy and runny. Pour in your whey protein and stir. If the mixture is too thick add more milk. You want it somewhat thin and runny at this point before adding in your dry ingredients. Add in your cereal and stir. Then lastly add in your oats. You may need more than 2 cups if it is still thin looking. You want it thick and chunky! And you won't be able to mix this stuff up with a spoon either. It's too thick. You're gonna have to roll up your sleeves and get your hands into it!! Knead it all around until it's mixed together good. Roll into small balls and place on a large serving tray. Keep refrigerated. If the balls are tacky and don't want to let go of your fingers as you're rolling them, use some wheat flour or better yet, some powdered sugar like I do! Damn they're good!!

38. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Good recipe for sure.. but you may wanna put that off to the side while you're in your tightening up stage TG, might not be too conducive to slimming down..
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    Good recipe for sure.. but you may wanna put that off to the side while you're in your tightening up stage TG, might not be too conducive to slimming down..
    I'm way ahead of you my brutha. I haven't made any in the last week now. LOL But I would think that minus the honey, cereal, and powdered sugar it would be alright. But damn! What's left??!! Skim milk, whey protein, dry oats, and peanut butter. Hmmm..........I can handle it!

40. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.

I already got your PM and gave you the recipe there. But for Volcom and for others who may be interested, here it is. Thundergod's Power Balls Recipe: 10 oz. of peanut butter, 2 cups of skim milk, 4 tablespoons of honey, 10 scoops of Whey Protein (avg. 25 grams of protein per scoop), 2 cups of your favorite cereal ( I like Post Honey Bunches of Oats with Strawberries or Kashi Raisin Bran), and then 2 or more cups of coarse dry oats. Mix together the peanut butter, milk, and honey in a large mixing bowl until it is smooth and creamy and runny. Pour in your whey protein and stir. If the mixture is too thick add more milk. You want it somewhat thin and runny at this point before adding in your dry ingredients. Add in your cereal and stir. Then lastly add in your oats. You may need more than 2 cups if it is still thin looking. You want it thick and chunky! And you won't be able to mix this stuff up with a spoon either. It's too thick. You're gonna have to roll up your sleeves and get your hands into it!! Knead it all around until it's mixed together good. Roll into small balls and place on a large serving tray. Keep refrigerated. If the balls are tacky and don't want to let go of your fingers as you're rolling them, use some wheat flour or better yet, some powdered sugar like I do! Damn they're good!!
    Thank you, sir !

.. on my way to get a new jug of vanilla protein (ON) and I'll be making a 1/2 stack of powerballs !

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 690
    Last Post: 11-02-2008, 03:01 PM
  2. I think I may have twisted my ankle...
    By whiskers in forum Pics
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-24-2008, 04:21 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-03-2008, 12:30 AM
  4. BigVrunga''s Homebrew Extravaganza!
    By BigVrunga in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 02-12-2005, 06:46 PM
  5. All read! I'm so twisted...
    By MySoulFindsRest in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11