REVERSE: Reversing Negatives and Counter-Reversing Positives (IBE-Sponsored)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

First of all, I would like to thank IBE for offering me the unique opportunity to log REVERSE. My interest in Resveratrol began a few years ago. Since then, I have tried to read as much as I could on this unique and versatile compound. The more I read about it, the more impressed I was. The only drawback resveratrol possesses is poor oral bioavailability. The (preferably simultaneous) consumption of Bioperine/Piperine, Grapeseed Extract, Quercetin, Naringin/Dihydroxybergamottin has been shown to address this challenge to an extent. Given this background, it was obvious that Reverse, with its advanced (triacetylated) form of resveratrol, would attract my interest. Needless to say, resveratrol has become one of my favourite compounds. One other one is Rhodiola Rosea. Both beautifully demonstrate how natural compounds can single-handedly employ a variety of pathways to produce deep pharmacological benefits in the users. Besides the advanced form of resveratrol in REVERSE, the blend was given a synergistic boost by Shilajit and the next-generation form of vitamin B12, Glutathionylcobalamin.

I will use REVERSE at 3 capsules per day in three divided doses (during the first 10 days) to elevate cellular concentrations of the compounds, especially resveratrol, and 2 capsules per day in two divided doses (for the remaining 15 days).

So, this log will run for 25 days. This dosing scheme is my choice. Resveratrol dosage varies, depending on desired benefit. Some recommend between 20mg and 100mg daily for anti-aging purposes. To obtain some of the other benefits of resveratrol, higher dosages are recommended. Given the advanced nature of the resveratrol form in REVERSE, one capsule per day should be enough for long-term use.

Dosing protocol: The first dose is first thing in the morning. The second will be early afternoon, and the last will be pre-bed. All on an empty stomach.

My primary interest in using REVERSE is to help elevate and sustain general well-being, enjoy its potent anti-aging effects via profound neutralization of the adverse effects of oxidative stress.

Considering that this log will not be a long-term use of REVERSE, resveratrol's anti-aging effects, in the classical sense of a calorie-restriction mimetic, that is, providing favourable changes in gene expression similar to those obtained from calorie restriction, will not be directly measurable during the span of this log for obvious reasons. However, indirect manifestations can be isolated. Some of these include, in a nut-shell: "antibiotic, anti-tumor, anti-diabetic, anti-ulcer, cardioprotective, anti-inflammatory, and anti-brain aging" effects. See
Lagouge M, Argmann C, Gerhart-Hines Z, et al. Resveratrol improves mitochondrial function and protects against metabolic disease by activating SIRT1 and PGC-1alpha. Cell. 2006 Dec 15;127(6):1109-22.
More specifically, resveratrol is known to produce effects such as boosting endothelial function by strengthening of the structural and cellular integrity of arteries and blood vessels via optimization of nitric-oxide synthesis, elimination of fat-clogged structures within blood vessels via reversal of cholesterol-induced reduction in nitric-oxide action, inhibition of oxidation of low-density lipoprotein (LDL), and inhibition of the so-called platelet aggregation (blood clots) that can pose serious health problems; boosting of mitochondrial action and optimization of cardiovascular function via optimized blood-lipid profiles and enhanced vasodilation; improved insulin sensitivity; protection of the brain from oxidative stress, leading to improved cognitive function; enhancement of immune function and protection of DNA structures; improvement of gastro-intestinal function by inhibiting the growth of stomach-ulcer causing bacteria; profound antioxidant activity via, amongst others, preservation of glutathione, and neutralization of dangerous hydroxyl radicals; functioning as an anti-aromatase and anti-stress compound; and so on.

To measure the impact of REVERSE, I will focus on its impact on my general well-being, any noticeable improvements in strength and endurance, vasodilation, cognitive function, libido, and body composition.

I will try to update this log two to three times per week.

Now, welcome to my sponsored REVERSE log! :D

October 4, 2008 - October 7, 2008
Days 1 - 4

Results:
During the first four days, I noticed a general improvement in well-being; sleep quality improved somewhat; enhanced vasodilation and vascularity (possibly due to improved elasticity in arteries and blood vessels) were also noticeable. Furthermore, I have noticed some subtle changes in physical endurance, as well as an enhanced capacity for cognitive and mental function. improvements. Some of these results remind me of a combination of Rhodiola Rosea, CoQ10 Ubiquinol, and Idebenone stacked together! I will try to resist the temptation of adding rhodiola rosea to REVERSE! :)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First! Good luck, Ike!! :D

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Keep us informed,.. you seem anxious to add rr,.. don't do it. We want the unadultered feedback. Thank you!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
... you seem anxious to add rr,.. don't do it. We want the unadultered feedback...
I hardly ever use supplements stand-alone, but REVERSE could just represent a break in that tradition...

SpargelJanusz

SpargelJanusz

Awards
  • Established
Ike, this is for sure great great news. The only problem is, of course, that a product like this would have to be taken for years and years, maybe even decades, to actually see whether its desired effect is taking place.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In my man. Great first post. You always impress with your logs, great to have you doing this for us.

Looking forward to the rest Ike.

Adams

LilJeremy

LilJeremy

Banned
Awards
Interesting.

This would be a good long-term product, are you just doing it for 25 days? Do you think you will notice anything within 25 days or do you think it will take longer?

Subbed.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
...The only problem is, of course, that a product like this would have to be taken for years and years, maybe even decades, to actually see whether its desired effect is taking place.
I get your drift, but your statement may not be entirely true. A lot of the benefits from resveratrol set in within weeks of using the compound. Briefly, I am referring to improvements in cardiovascular function, protection of LDL oxidation, improved endothelial integrity and mitochondrial function, enhancement of metabolic function such as insulin sensitivity, and so on. Long-term supplementation, even at a maintenance dose of just one capsule per day of REVERSE, should be able to sustain these benefits. The only benefit that would require years to determine is the impact of deep changes in favourable gene expression (similar to benefits of calorie restriction) on human life-extension.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Along for the tremendous amount of knowledge that Ike will share with us!

SpargelJanusz

SpargelJanusz

Awards
  • Established
Well, I certainly hope you will get what is promoted as benefits of this product even in the short term.

Will you take PRIME at the same time?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting.

This would be a good long-term product, are you just doing it for 25 days? Do you think you will notice anything within 25 days or do you think it will take longer?

Subbed.
This sponsored log is for a bottle of REVERSE, yet I would certainly use the product afterwards, quite likely at one capsule per day.

One can certainly notice results within 25 days. As a matter of fact, I have started to notice subtle changes inside four days, especially at my current dosage. One important factor that determines when a user would start to notice benefits is the current health status of that individual. Generally healthy people would tend to remain healthy on resveratrol, and may notice rapid improvements. Users with a medical condition, depending on type and severity, may need somewhat longer to experience the full benefits, as resveratrol would have to address the complex health problem from several pathways. In sum, one can definitely experience benefits inside 25 days. And yes, I intend to continue the supplementation beyond the duration of this log.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
In my man. Great first post. You always impress with your logs, great to have you doing this for us.

Looking forward to the rest Ike.

Adams
I should thank you and IBE for this chance!

LilJeremy

LilJeremy

Banned
Awards
This sponsored log is for a bottle of REVERSE, yet I would certainly use the product afterwards, quite likely at one capsule per day.

One can certainly notice results within 25 days. As a matter of fact, I have started to notice subtle changes inside four days, especially at my current dosage. One important factor that determines when a user would start to notice benefits is the current health status of that individual. Generally healthy people would tend to remain healthy on resveratrol, and may notice rapid improvements. Users with a medical condition, depending on type and severity, may need somewhat longer to experience the full benefits, as resveratrol would have to address the complex health problem from several pathways. In sum, one can definitely experience benefits inside 25 days. And yes, I intend to continue the supplementation beyond the duration of this log.
Nice info! Good luck with you on your journey!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Along for the tremendous amount of knowledge that Ike will share with us!
Hey, Iron! Drop the bar several notches, so I have a chance of coming even remotely close to meeting expectations! :)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
nice

so how much more effective should this be compared to trans-reservatrol?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was wondering how I missed then, then realized it's only 8 hours old :)

I just ran through a bottle of TRez, dosed sublingually. The benefits of Resveratrol are definitely subtle and long term, so I've decided to stay on longer, so I've got some Sustain Alpha for the ResV.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
so how much more effective should this be compared to trans-reservatrol?
Basically, resveratrol exists in two natural forms or isomers. The one is the cis-isomer (cis-resveratrol), and the other is the trans-isomer (trans-resveratrol), with the trans- and cis- referencing the shape of the molecule. The trans-isomer is generally regarded to be the active form of resveratrol. So, what should matter to any resveratrol user is the amount of trans-resveratrol per serving. As it turns out, the form of resveratrol used in REVERSE may guarantee that the user obtains a higher amount of orally bioavailable resveratrol than standard (plain) trans-resveratrol would provide at a similar dose. I would be speculating, if I suggested any percentage superiority.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just ran through a bottle of TRez, dosed sublingually. The benefits of Resveratrol are definitely subtle and long term, so I've decided to stay on longer, so I've got some Sustain Alpha for the ResV.
Sustain Alpha is an awesome product. Sublingual resveratrol supplementation sounds tops! :)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
October 8, 2008 - October 11, 2008
Days 5 - 8

Results:
The feeling of well-being remained stable at a high level. Vasodilation (in every sense of the word, including the area "down south") remains significant. As is well-known, this occurs via stimulation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) activity. Other noticeable effects include improved stress-response, sharpened memory and cognitive function, stable sleep quality, and enhanced physical endurance.

Some of these results are well-known benefits from resveratrol supplementation. In particular, protection against free radicals (hydroxyl and peroxyl radicals) and inhibition of monoamine oxidase A (an important mechanism for the anti-oxidant activity of resveratrol. Monoamine oxidase A triggers the oxidation of such monoamines as epinephrine, norepinephrine, and serotonin), improvement in the protective abilities of antioxidant enzymes such as super-oxide dismutase (SOD), catalase, and glutathione peroxidase, as well as recycling of vitamins C and E (leading to reduction of oxidative stress), anti-inflammatory support (including cardiovascular protection), improvement in elasticity of blood vessels and inhibition of lipid peroxidation; as well as an enhanced capacity for cognitive and mental function, are some benefits worth mentioning. The other ingredients in REVERSE certainly produce their own effects in their own right, in addition to acting in a synergistic manner with resveratrol.​

Imeniaan

Awards
  • Established
October 8, 2008 - October 11, 2008
Days 5 - 8

Results:
The feeling of well-being remained stable at a high level. Vasodilation (in every sense of the word, including the area "down south") remains significant. As is well-known, this occurs via stimulation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) activity. Other noticeable effects include improved stress-response, sharpened memory and cognitive function, stable sleep quality, and enhanced physical endurance.

Some of these results are well-known benefits from resveratrol supplementation. In particular, protection against free radicals (hydroxyl and peroxyl radicals) and inhibition of monoamine oxidase A (an important mechanism for the anti-oxidant activity of resveratrol. Monoamine oxidase A triggers the oxidation of such monoamines as epinephrine, norepinephrine, and serotonin), improvement in the protective abilities of antioxidant enzymes such as super-oxide dismutase (SOD), catalase, and glutathione peroxidase, as well as recycling of vitamins C and E (leading to reduction of oxidative stress), anti-inflammatory support (including cardiovascular protection), improvement in elasticity of blood vessels and inhibition of lipid peroxidation; as well as an enhanced capacity for cognitive and mental function, are some benefits worth mentioning. The other ingredients in REVERSE certainly produce their own effects in their own right, in addition to acting in a synergistic manner with resveratrol.​

including the area "down south"
Mind your language please, there are females(huhh, where?) present. :D

As always, very detailed;)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mind your language please, there are females(huhh, where?) present. :D

As always, very detailed;)
By "down south", I actually meant my toes! What did you understand? :D

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
sub :)

Ever tried IBE X-dreams? I really liked it. Similar results as the old Rem-R3G.. Could be a nice addition in the quest to reverse aging ;)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
sub :)

Ever tried IBE X-dreams? I really liked it. Similar results as the old Rem-R3G.. Could be a nice addition in the quest to reverse aging ;)
No, I have not tried X-Dreams yet.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
October 12, 2008 - October 13, 2008
Days 9 - 10

Results:

There are no dramatic changes or results to report, just a subtle but sustained enhancement of the previously reported parameters. My earlier reports appeared to have focus significantly on resveratrol. While resveratrol, especially in its advanced form in REVERSE, is a key part of this blend, the synergy from the other compounds should not be underrated. In particular, shilajit certainly contributes to results in such areas as vasodilation, enhanced physical endurance, and significant antioxidant and immune protection. More specifically, shilajit has been reported to demonstrate significant antioxidant and free-radical-scavenging properties, act as nutrient shuttler into cells (and enhance the availability of minerals and nutrients), detoxify and eliminate heavy metals from the body, enhance protein, DNA, and RNA synthesis, improve immune-system strength and response, and so on.

As is well-known, shilajit possesses a very important active compound called fulvic acid. A natural, water-soluble, organic substance of low molecular weight, fulvic acid has been described as a composite of small fragments of DNA from early generations of living organism. Fulvic acid appears to have the property of positively changing the molecular structure of water, making water a more efficient carrier of nutrients to cells, as well as a better carrier of toxins out of cells. This is why fulvic-acid chelated minerals demonstrate optimal cellular absorption. Fulvic acid is such a powerful absorption enhancer that, according to one estimate, one fulvic acid molecule could transport 60 or more minerals and trace elements into cells!
On its own, it detoxifies cells and inhibits accumulation of dangerous heavy metals in our bodies. As a donor and a receptor of electrons, like ubiquinol q10, fulvic acid, one of the most potent natural electrolytes around, helps restore endogenous electrochemical balance in our bodies, leading to enhanced cellular longevity. Beyond this, fulvic acid and shilajit have been shown to stimulate and regenerate levels of superoxide dismutase (SOD). SOD is the most powerful endogenous antioxidant enzyme known to science, and is the body's primary anti-oxidant defense. SOD is known to neutralize the most dangerous free radical of all, the extremely ractive superoxide radical. This neutralization occurs via a mechanism known as dismutation, that involves the SOD breaking down superoxide to elemental oxygen and hydrogen peroxide, a pro-oxidant. The hydrogen peroxide is then converted into simple water and oxygen by the enzymes catalase and glutathione peroxidase.

Faraci FM, Didion SP. Vascular protection: superoxide dismutase isoforms in the vessel wall. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2004 Aug;24(8):1367-73.
The SOD connection explains one mechanism for shilajit's (and fulvic acid's) antioxidant and immune-protection properties. Combined with resveratrol, the results are somewhat exponentiated.​

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
I have to say I really enjoy reading your log, quite educational!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks! :thumbsup:
STRAT-o-caster,
As always your updates and knowledge are quite phenomenal. The other ingredients that are in reverse really need to be highlighted as you have stated. The Acytilated Resveratrol is down right amazing, but the synergy from the other two compounds should not be slighted in the least. As always I enjoy reading your knowledge my friend.

Adams

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
great log! keep it up! :woohoo: :head:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks, guys, for the company and comments. :D

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Finding this log was like finding a secret treasure !

Strat, your knowledge and charisma is not from this world ! :)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Finding this log was like finding a secret treasure !

Strat, your knowledge and charisma is not from this world ! :)
Thanks for keeping us company! :D

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Good log!

I want to add something, now this is really not a scientific statement or backed up at all by any kind of medical professional but I swear my eyes have become brighter / lighter since taking this product. I must admit I haven't delved into Iridology in relation to this finding but I am going to.

Just something interesting I found....if you believe it great, if not please just disregard. This is just my 2c.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Good log!

I want to add something, now this is really not a scientific statement or backed up at all by any kind of medical professional but I swear my eyes have become brighter / lighter since taking this product. I must admit I haven't delved into Iridology in relation to this finding but I am going to.

Just something interesting I found....if you believe it great, if not please just disregard. This is just my 2c.
For real? That's an interesting result, how long have you been using it? Do you mean more sparkling/alive or a lighter colour?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good log!

Makes sense!

1) The effect of resveratrol in experimental cataract model formed by sodium selenite

Titre du document / Document title

The effect of resveratrol in experimental cataract model formed by sodium selenite
Auteur(s) / Author(s)
DOGANAY Selim ; BORAZAN Mehmet ; IRAZ Mustafa ; CIGREMIS Yilmaz ;

Résumé / Abstract

Purpose: To investigate if resveratrol can prevent sodium selenite-induced experimental cataract model in rats. Methods: Forty-eight Spraque-Dawley rat pups were divided into 3 treatment groups: (1) normal saline-% 5 ethanol injected i.p. on postpatum day 10; (2) Na selenite (30 nmol/g body wt) injected s.c on day 10; (3) Na selenite s.c on day 10 + resveratrol (40 mg/kg) i.p on days 10-13. On day 21, cataract development was graded by slit-lamp examination and photography. Encapsulated lenses and erythrocytes were analyzed for reduced glutathione (GSH) and malondialdehyde (MDA), a marker of lipid peroxidation. Lenses were also analyzed for total nitrite (TN). Results: All control lenses in group 1 were clear. In group 2, all rats developed cataracts (grade 3-grade 6), whereas in group 3, only 9 of 16 rats developed cataracts (grade 2-grade 3). The difference of cataract frequency between groups 2 and 3 was statistically significant (p < 0.05). Group 3 lenses and erythrocytes had higher mean GSH and lower mean MDA levels than those in group 2 (p < 0.05). TN was highest in group 3 and lowest in group 1 (p < 0.05).

Conclusions: Resveratrol suppressed selenite-induced oxidative stress and cataract formation in rats. This protective effect was supported by higher GSH and lower MDA in lens and erythrocytes. The presence of oxidative stress in selenite cataract development and its prevention by resveratrol support the possibility that high natural consumption of resveratrol in food can help prevent human senile cataract.

Revue / Journal Title
Current eye research ISSN 0271-3683 CODEN CEYRDM
Source / Source
2006, vol. 31, no2, pp. 147-153 [7 page(s) (article)]
Langue / Language
Anglais
Editeur / Publisher
Swets & Zeitlinger, Lisse, PAYS-BAS (1981) (Revue)
Mots-clés d'auteur / Author Keywords
antioxidant ; resveratrol ; selenite cataract ; senile cataract ;
Localisation / Location
INIST-CNRS, Cote INIST : 19283, 35400013301271.0050

Copyright 2008 INIST-CNRS. All rights reserved
2) Red wine ingredient wards off effects of age on heart, bones, eyes and muscle

Public release date: 3-Jul-2008
[ Print Article | E-mail Article | Close Window ]

[email protected]
617-397-2802
Cell Press

Red wine ingredient wards off effects of age on heart, bones, eyes and muscle

Large doses of a red wine ingredient can ward off many of the vagaries of aging in mice who begin taking it at midlife, according to a new report published online on July 3rd in Cell Metabolism, a Cell Press publication. Those health improvements of the chemical known as resveratrol—including cardiovascular benefits, greater motor coordination, reduced cataracts and better bone density—come without necessarily extending the animals' lifespan.

Sinclair and de Cabo's team further show evidence that resveratrol mimics the beneficial effects of eating fewer calories. In mice, they found that resveratrol induces gene activity patterns in multiple tissues that parallel those induced by dietary restriction and every-other-day feeding.

" From a health point of view, the quality of life of these mice at the end of their days is much better," said Rafael de Cabo of the National Institute on Aging. It suggests that resveratrol may "extend productive independent life, rather than just extending life span."

" I was most surprised by how broad the effects were in the mice," added David Sinclair of Harvard Medical School. "Usually, you focus on slowing down or ameliorating one disease at a time. In this case, resveratrol influences a whole series of seemingly unrelated diseases associated with aging." Sinclair said he expects some of the effect seen in the mice would have even greater impact if they hold in humans. That's because, unlike people, mice usually don't die as a result of heart disease, or suffer from weakening bones.

Earlier studies showed that reducing calorie intake by 30%%, or eating a nutritious diet every other day, can delay the onset of age-related diseases, improve stress resistance, and decelerate functional decline, the researchers said. Although dietary restriction has beneficial effects in humans, such a diet is unlikely to be widely adopted and would pose a significant risk to the frail, critically ill, or the elderly.

Therefore, the researchers are on a quest for "dietary restriction mimetic" compounds that provide some of the benefits without cutting calories. One contender has been compounds like resversatrol that activate SIRT1, a protein linked to long life in many species, from yeast to mammals.

Indeed, studies have shown resveratrol can extend the lives of yeast, worms, flies and fish. It also improves the health and survival of obese mice fed a high-calorie diet. Now, de Cabo and Sinclair show that those effects do indeed seem to take place by inducing the physiology of dietary restriction. They placed one-year-old mice on a standard control diet or every-other-day feeding with or without resveratrol.

Resveratrol produced changes in the gene expression profiles of key metabolic tissues, including liver and muscle, that closely resemble those induced by dietary restriction, they report. Overall, the animals' health improved under all dietary conditions, as reflected by a reduction of osteoporosis, cataracts, vascular dysfunction, and declines in motor coordination. However, the mice lived longer only when they were fed a high-calorie diet, consistent with earlier reports.

" In conclusion, long-term resveratrol treatment of mice can mimic transcriptional changes induced by dietary restriction and allow them to live healthier, more vigorous lives," they wrote. "In addition to improving insulin sensitivity and increasing survival in [high-calorie fed] mice, we show that resveratrol improves cardiovascular function, bone density, and motor coordination, and delays cataracts, even in nonobese rodents. Together, these findings confirm the feasibility of finding an orally available dietary restriction mimetic."

Resveratrol treatment is already being tested in clinical trials for type II diabetes, the researchers noted, and more potent molecules with effects similar to resveratrol are also under development.

###

The researchers include Kevin J. Pearson, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD; Joseph A. Baur, Harvard Medical School, Boston MA; Kaitlyn N. Lewis, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD; Leonid Peshkin, Harvard Medical School, Boston MA; Nathan L. Price, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD, Harvard Medical School, Boston MA; Nazar Labinskyy, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY; William R. Swindell, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI; Davida Kamara, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD; Robin K. Minor, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD; Evelyn Perez, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD; Hamish A. Jamieson, Centre for Education and Research on Ageing, and the ANZAC Research Institute University of Sydney, Concord, Australia; Yongqing Zhang, Gene Expression and Genomics Unit, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD; Stephen R. Dunn, Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA ; Kumar Sharma, Translational Research in Kidney Disease, UCSD, La Jolla, CA; Nancy Pleshko, Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY; Laura A. Woollett, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH; Anna Csiszar, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY ; Yuji Ikeno, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, and Research Service, Audie Murphy VA Hospital (STVHCS), San Antonio, TX; David Le Couteur, Centre for Education and Research on Ageing, and the ANZAC Research Institute University of Sydney, Concord, Australia; Peter J. Elliott, Sirtris Pharmaceuticals Inc, Cambridge, MA; Kevin G. Becker, Gene Expression and Genomics Unit, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD; Placido Navas, Centro Andaluz de Biologia del Desarrollo, and Centro de Investigacion Biomedica en Red: Enfermedades Raras, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Sevilla, Spain; Donald K. Ingram, Nutritional Neuroscience and Aging Laboratory, Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Louisiana State University System, Baton Rouge, LA; Norman S. Wolf, University of Washington, Seattle, WA; Zoltan Ungvari, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY ; David A. Sinclair, Harvard Medical School, Boston MA; and Rafael de Cabo, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Something else, for those who care:

Resveratrol blocked multiple sites in the estrogen genotoxicity ...

Resveratrol may contribute to breast cancer prevention

Resveratrol prevented the formation of estrogen-DNA adduct and neoplastic transformation in MCF-10F cells, which could avert the development of breast cancer, according to the results of a recent study.

The researchers at the University of Nebraska found resveratrol, a natural antioxidant, to have anticarcinogenic effects in diverse in vivo and in vitro systems.

Eleanor Rogan, MD, PhD, a professor at the Eppley Institute for Research in Cancer and Allied Diseases at the University of Nebraska Medical Center, said the antioxidant, which appears naturally in red grapes and other plants and is sold as a dietary supplement, could thwart breast cancer before it starts.

“Resveratrol has the ability to prevent the first step that occurs when estrogen starts the process that leads to cancer by blocking the formation of the estrogen DNA adducts,” she said in a press release. “We believe that this could stop the whole progression that leads to breast cancer down the road.”

Cytochrome P450-mediated oxidation of catechol estrogens to quinines that react with DNA to form depurinating estrogen-DNA adducts may lead to genotoxicity. The researchers hypothesized that the resveratrol acts to regulate the dynamic balance of estrogen metabolism by regulating enzymes and chemically preventing estrogen metabolite formation in MCF-10F cells.

Using cells collected by the American Type Culture Collection, the study team showed a chemoprotective effect in resveratrol. The researchers stated that effect is caused by the antioxidant’s free radical scavenging ability, as well as its regulating role for phase-1 activating enzymes and phase-2 deactivating enzymes.

The researchers found that resveratrol suppressed the expression of cytochrome P450 and the formation of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin. – by Jason Harris

Cancer Prev Res. 2008;1:135-145

PERSPECTIVE

The study by Lu et al in a human breast cell line focuses our attention on the pathways for metabolism of estrogen as a target for breast cancer prevention. In humans, 3,4 catechol estrogen quinone metabolites are formed by the metabolism of estradiol and estrone. These metabolites react with DNA to form specific adducts associated with increased mutation and initiation of the carcinogenic process. The catechol estrogen quinones can be inactivated by cytoprotective enzymes such as the glutathione S-transferases and quinone reductase. Therefore, agents such as resveratrol that may alter the balance between the formations of DNA adducts and the inactivation of catechol estrogen quinone metabolites in a favorable manner by suppressing estrogen metabolism or by inducing cytoprotective enzymes, as observed in this study, have the potential to prevent breast cancer. The results of this study in human breast epithelial cells are promising. They connect decreases in catechol estrogen DNA adducts with decreased estrogen-induced transformation in human cells. However, studies in humans are needed to confirm these initial findings prior to the use of resveratrol for breast cancer prevention.

– Kala Visvanathan, MD

Assistant Professor in Oncology at The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Great find! I might need to order some of this soon ;)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to strategicmove again.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
October 14, 2008 - October 16, 2008
Days 11 - 13

Results:

Up till now, the results I have seen on REVERSE have been fairly consistent: sustained feeling of well-being, elevated vascularity (and vasodilation), strengthened immune response, as well as solid physical and mental endurance. The more I think through the compounds in REVERSE, the more the blend appeals to me. Simple but synergistically focussed! The ingredients appear to mutually reinforce their separate benefits. For instance, when I realize that I am able to do intense mental work for several hours in a row, I also realize resveratrol, shilajit, or the advanced B12 form, glutathionylcobalamin, could each produce such a benefit. Regular vitamin B12, cobalamin, for instance, is known to boost energy, enhance nervous-system health, and enhance levels of red blood cells. Both resveratrol and shilajit can also replicate some of these results. In otherwords, even though the main thrust of REVERSE is as an anti-aging supplement, the overall and complete benefits of REVERSE is best understood in terms of the synergy it offers. I have no other way to explain the results I have experienced so far.​