REVERSE: Reversing Negatives and Counter-Reversing Positives (IBE-Sponsored) - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

REVERSE: Reversing Negatives and Counter-Reversing Positives (IBE-Sponsored)

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz View Post
    I love Strat!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  123 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    Thanks for keeping us company!
    My pleasure

Curious, have you ever used USPlabs SirPlus and if so what is your verdict ?
  3. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    Curious, have you ever used USPlabs SirPlus and if so what is your verdict ?
    No, I have not (yet) used SirPlus.
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.

Good log!

I want to add something, now this is really not a scientific statement or backed up at all by any kind of medical professional but I swear my eyes have become brighter / lighter since taking this product. I must admit I haven't delved into Iridology in relation to this finding but I am going to.

Just something interesting I found....if you believe it great, if not please just disregard. This is just my 2c.
  5. 1HP

Quote Originally Posted by neoborn View Post
    Good log!

I want to add something, now this is really not a scientific statement or backed up at all by any kind of medical professional but I swear my eyes have become brighter / lighter since taking this product. I must admit I haven't delved into Iridology in relation to this finding but I am going to.

Just something interesting I found....if you believe it great, if not please just disregard. This is just my 2c.
    For real? That's an interesting result, how long have you been using it? Do you mean more sparkling/alive or a lighter colour?
  6. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by neoborn View Post
    Good log!

Makes sense!

1) The effect of resveratrol in experimental cataract model formed by sodium selenite

Titre du document / Document title

The effect of resveratrol in experimental cataract model formed by sodium selenite
    Auteur(s) / Author(s)
    DOGANAY Selim ; BORAZAN Mehmet ; IRAZ Mustafa ; CIGREMIS Yilmaz ;

Résumé / Abstract

Purpose: To investigate if resveratrol can prevent sodium selenite-induced experimental cataract model in rats. Methods: Forty-eight Spraque-Dawley rat pups were divided into 3 treatment groups: (1) normal saline-% 5 ethanol injected i.p. on postpatum day 10; (2) Na selenite (30 nmol/g body wt) injected s.c on day 10; (3) Na selenite s.c on day 10 + resveratrol (40 mg/kg) i.p on days 10-13. On day 21, cataract development was graded by slit-lamp examination and photography. Encapsulated lenses and erythrocytes were analyzed for reduced glutathione (GSH) and malondialdehyde (MDA), a marker of lipid peroxidation. Lenses were also analyzed for total nitrite (TN). Results: All control lenses in group 1 were clear. In group 2, all rats developed cataracts (grade 3-grade 6), whereas in group 3, only 9 of 16 rats developed cataracts (grade 2-grade 3). The difference of cataract frequency between groups 2 and 3 was statistically significant (p < 0.05). Group 3 lenses and erythrocytes had higher mean GSH and lower mean MDA levels than those in group 2 (p < 0.05). TN was highest in group 3 and lowest in group 1 (p < 0.05).

Conclusions: Resveratrol suppressed selenite-induced oxidative stress and cataract formation in rats. This protective effect was supported by higher GSH and lower MDA in lens and erythrocytes. The presence of oxidative stress in selenite cataract development and its prevention by resveratrol support the possibility that high natural consumption of resveratrol in food can help prevent human senile cataract.

Revue / Journal Title
    Current eye research ISSN 0271-3683 CODEN CEYRDM
    Source / Source
    2006, vol. 31, no2, pp. 147-153 [7 page(s) (article)]
    Langue / Language
    Anglais
    Editeur / Publisher
    Swets & Zeitlinger, Lisse, PAYS-BAS (1981) (Revue)
    Mots-clés d'auteur / Author Keywords
    antioxidant ; resveratrol ; selenite cataract ; senile cataract ;
    Localisation / Location
    INIST-CNRS, Cote INIST : 19283, 35400013301271.0050

Copyright 2008 INIST-CNRS. All rights reserved
    2) Red wine ingredient wards off effects of age on heart, bones, eyes and muscle

Public release date: 3-Jul-2008
    [ Print Article | E-mail Article | Close Window ]

cgenova@cell.com
    617-397-2802
    Cell Press

Red wine ingredient wards off effects of age on heart, bones, eyes and muscle

Large doses of a red wine ingredient can ward off many of the vagaries of aging in mice who begin taking it at midlife, according to a new report published online on July 3rd in Cell Metabolism, a Cell Press publication. Those health improvements of the chemical known as resveratrol—including cardiovascular benefits, greater motor coordination, reduced cataracts and better bone density—come without necessarily extending the animals' lifespan.

Sinclair and de Cabo's team further show evidence that resveratrol mimics the beneficial effects of eating fewer calories. In mice, they found that resveratrol induces gene activity patterns in multiple tissues that parallel those induced by dietary restriction and every-other-day feeding.

" From a health point of view, the quality of life of these mice at the end of their days is much better," said Rafael de Cabo of the National Institute on Aging. It suggests that resveratrol may "extend productive independent life, rather than just extending life span."

" I was most surprised by how broad the effects were in the mice," added David Sinclair of Harvard Medical School. "Usually, you focus on slowing down or ameliorating one disease at a time. In this case, resveratrol influences a whole series of seemingly unrelated diseases associated with aging." Sinclair said he expects some of the effect seen in the mice would have even greater impact if they hold in humans. That's because, unlike people, mice usually don't die as a result of heart disease, or suffer from weakening bones.

Earlier studies showed that reducing calorie intake by 30%��%, or eating a nutritious diet every other day, can delay the onset of age-related diseases, improve stress resistance, and decelerate functional decline, the researchers said. Although dietary restriction has beneficial effects in humans, such a diet is unlikely to be widely adopted and would pose a significant risk to the frail, critically ill, or the elderly.

Therefore, the researchers are on a quest for "dietary restriction mimetic" compounds that provide some of the benefits without cutting calories. One contender has been compounds like resversatrol that activate SIRT1, a protein linked to long life in many species, from yeast to mammals.

Indeed, studies have shown resveratrol can extend the lives of yeast, worms, flies and fish. It also improves the health and survival of obese mice fed a high-calorie diet. Now, de Cabo and Sinclair show that those effects do indeed seem to take place by inducing the physiology of dietary restriction. They placed one-year-old mice on a standard control diet or every-other-day feeding with or without resveratrol.

Resveratrol produced changes in the gene expression profiles of key metabolic tissues, including liver and muscle, that closely resemble those induced by dietary restriction, they report. Overall, the animals' health improved under all dietary conditions, as reflected by a reduction of osteoporosis, cataracts, vascular dysfunction, and declines in motor coordination. However, the mice lived longer only when they were fed a high-calorie diet, consistent with earlier reports.

" In conclusion, long-term resveratrol treatment of mice can mimic transcriptional changes induced by dietary restriction and allow them to live healthier, more vigorous lives," they wrote. "In addition to improving insulin sensitivity and increasing survival in [high-calorie fed] mice, we show that resveratrol improves cardiovascular function, bone density, and motor coordination, and delays cataracts, even in nonobese rodents. Together, these findings confirm the feasibility of finding an orally available dietary restriction mimetic."

Resveratrol treatment is already being tested in clinical trials for type II diabetes, the researchers noted, and more potent molecules with effects similar to resveratrol are also under development.

###

The researchers include Kevin J. Pearson, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD; Joseph A. Baur, Harvard Medical School, Boston MA; Kaitlyn N. Lewis, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD; Leonid Peshkin, Harvard Medical School, Boston MA; Nathan L. Price, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD, Harvard Medical School, Boston MA; Nazar Labinskyy, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY; William R. Swindell, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI; Davida Kamara, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD; Robin K. Minor, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD; Evelyn Perez, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD; Hamish A. Jamieson, Centre for Education and Research on Ageing, and the ANZAC Research Institute University of Sydney, Concord, Australia; Yongqing Zhang, Gene Expression and Genomics Unit, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD; Stephen R. Dunn, Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA ; Kumar Sharma, Translational Research in Kidney Disease, UCSD, La Jolla, CA; Nancy Pleshko, Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY; Laura A. Woollett, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH; Anna Csiszar, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY ; Yuji Ikeno, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, and Research Service, Audie Murphy VA Hospital (STVHCS), San Antonio, TX; David Le Couteur, Centre for Education and Research on Ageing, and the ANZAC Research Institute University of Sydney, Concord, Australia; Peter J. Elliott, Sirtris Pharmaceuticals Inc, Cambridge, MA; Kevin G. Becker, Gene Expression and Genomics Unit, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD; Placido Navas, Centro Andaluz de Biologia del Desarrollo, and Centro de Investigacion Biomedica en Red: Enfermedades Raras, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Sevilla, Spain; Donald K. Ingram, Nutritional Neuroscience and Aging Laboratory, Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Louisiana State University System, Baton Rouge, LA; Norman S. Wolf, University of Washington, Seattle, WA; Zoltan Ungvari, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY ; David A. Sinclair, Harvard Medical School, Boston MA; and Rafael de Cabo, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD.
  7. Diamond Member

Something else, for those who care:

Resveratrol blocked multiple sites in the estrogen genotoxicity ...

Resveratrol may contribute to breast cancer prevention

Resveratrol prevented the formation of estrogen-DNA adduct and neoplastic transformation in MCF-10F cells, which could avert the development of breast cancer, according to the results of a recent study.

The researchers at the University of Nebraska found resveratrol, a natural antioxidant, to have anticarcinogenic effects in diverse in vivo and in vitro systems.

Eleanor Rogan, MD, PhD, a professor at the Eppley Institute for Research in Cancer and Allied Diseases at the University of Nebraska Medical Center, said the antioxidant, which appears naturally in red grapes and other plants and is sold as a dietary supplement, could thwart breast cancer before it starts.

“Resveratrol has the ability to prevent the first step that occurs when estrogen starts the process that leads to cancer by blocking the formation of the estrogen DNA adducts,” she said in a press release. “We believe that this could stop the whole progression that leads to breast cancer down the road.”

Cytochrome P450-mediated oxidation of catechol estrogens to quinines that react with DNA to form depurinating estrogen-DNA adducts may lead to genotoxicity. The researchers hypothesized that the resveratrol acts to regulate the dynamic balance of estrogen metabolism by regulating enzymes and chemically preventing estrogen metabolite formation in MCF-10F cells.

Using cells collected by the American Type Culture Collection, the study team showed a chemoprotective effect in resveratrol. The researchers stated that effect is caused by the antioxidant’s free radical scavenging ability, as well as its regulating role for phase-1 activating enzymes and phase-2 deactivating enzymes.

The researchers found that resveratrol suppressed the expression of cytochrome P450 and the formation of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin. – by Jason Harris

Cancer Prev Res. 2008;1:135-145

PERSPECTIVE

The study by Lu et al in a human breast cell line focuses our attention on the pathways for metabolism of estrogen as a target for breast cancer prevention. In humans, 3,4 catechol estrogen quinone metabolites are formed by the metabolism of estradiol and estrone. These metabolites react with DNA to form specific adducts associated with increased mutation and initiation of the carcinogenic process. The catechol estrogen quinones can be inactivated by cytoprotective enzymes such as the glutathione S-transferases and quinone reductase. Therefore, agents such as resveratrol that may alter the balance between the formations of DNA adducts and the inactivation of catechol estrogen quinone metabolites in a favorable manner by suppressing estrogen metabolism or by inducing cytoprotective enzymes, as observed in this study, have the potential to prevent breast cancer. The results of this study in human breast epithelial cells are promising. They connect decreases in catechol estrogen DNA adducts with decreased estrogen-induced transformation in human cells. However, studies in humans are needed to confirm these initial findings prior to the use of resveratrol for breast cancer prevention.

– Kala Visvanathan, MD

Assistant Professor in Oncology at The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
  8. 1HP

Great find! I might need to order some of this soon

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to strategicmove again.
  9. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1HP View Post
    Great find! I might need to order some of this soon ....
    Should be a nice investment!
  10. Diamond Member

October 14, 2008 - October 16, 2008
    Days 11 - 13

Results:

Up till now, the results I have seen on REVERSE have been fairly consistent: sustained feeling of well-being, elevated vascularity (and vasodilation), strengthened immune response, as well as solid physical and mental endurance. The more I think through the compounds in REVERSE, the more the blend appeals to me. Simple but synergistically focussed! The ingredients appear to mutually reinforce their separate benefits. For instance, when I realize that I am able to do intense mental work for several hours in a row, I also realize resveratrol, shilajit, or the advanced B12 form, glutathionylcobalamin, could each produce such a benefit. Regular vitamin B12, cobalamin, for instance, is known to boost energy, enhance nervous-system health, and enhance levels of red blood cells. Both resveratrol and shilajit can also replicate some of these results. In otherwords, even though the main thrust of REVERSE is as an anti-aging supplement, the overall and complete benefits of REVERSE is best understood in terms of the synergy it offers. I have no other way to explain the results I have experienced so far.
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

Subbed! How I almost missed this one, I have no clue. Always in for some Strat-enlightenment! Awesome log as usual, and your level of knowledge will be invaluable for this type of supplement.
  12. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by SokVichet;
    Subbed! How I almost missed this one, I have no clue.....
    Appreciate your company!
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  123 lbs.

And they put that crap in so many NO products and protein powders : :

MAX'S Instantised Post Workout Protein Blend (High GMP Whey Protein Isolate, High Beta-Whey Fraction Whey Protein Isolate, Hydrolysed Whey Protein Isolate), Sucrose, Dextrose, Maltodextrins, Natural and Nature Identical flavours and colours, Creatine Monohydrate, L-Glutamine (0.7%), L-Leucine (0.6%), Taurine, L-Isoleucine (0.2%), L-Valine (0.2%), L-Lysine (0.2%), L-Arginine (0.2%), Vegetable Gum (407), Soy Lecithin, L-Carnitine, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Minerals (Potassium Citrate, Tri Calcium Phosphate, Magnesium Oxide, Ferrous Fumarate, Zinc Sulphate, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Selenite, Chromium Chloride), Vitamins (Vitamin C, Nicotinamide, Vitamin B6, Pantothenic Acid, Riboflavin, Thiamin, Vitamin A Acetate, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3, Biotin, Vitamin B12). Contains Milk Proteins and Soy Lecithin. May contain traces of wheat (from flavours)

Shock Therapy™ Universal Nutrition
    Total Calories 36
    Dietary Fiber 2 g
    Total Carbohydrates 9 g
    Sugars 0 g
    Selenium (as sodium selenite) 70 mcg
    Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) 200 mg
    Niacin (as niacinamide) 10 mg
    Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl) 8 mg
    Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin) 100 mcg
    Sodium 117 mg
    (as sodium bicarbonate and trisodium phosphate)
    Potassium (as potassium phosphate) 59 mg

Shock Therapy Proprietary Formula 20g
    NO Super Pump Complex
    Arginine AKG
    Citrulline Malate
    Carnosine
    Muscle Volumizing Complex
    Tricreatine Malate
    Betaine Anhydrous
    Glycocyamine
    Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide

http://msds.chem.ox.ac.uk/SO/sodium_selenite.html
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

there was a study that I researched two years ago, or so, which claimed a guy in texas(i can't remember exactly where but I think texas uni) but a guy actually dosed trans-res to alleviate lowered lung capacity due to yrs of smoking ... is there any known fact that this can effect gene expression to the extent of reversing carcinogens?
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---
  15. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by hardknock;
    there was a study that I researched two years ago, or so, which claimed a guy in texas(i can't remember exactly where but I think texas uni) but a guy actually dosed trans-res to alleviate lowered lung capacity due to yrs of smoking ... is there any known fact that this can effect gene expression to the extent of reversing carcinogens?
    1) Vasoprotective effects of resveratrol and SIRT1: attenuation of cigarette smoke-induced oxidative stress and proinflammatory phenotypic alterations -- Csiszar et al. 294 (6): H2721 -- AJP - Heart and Circulatory Physiology

Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 294: H2721-H2735, 2008. First published April 18, 2008; doi:10.1152/ajpheart.00235./08 $8.00.

Vasoprotective effects of resveratrol and SIRT1: attenuation of cigarette smoke-induced oxidative stress and proinflammatory phenotypic alterations

Anna Csiszar,1 Nazar Labinskyy,1 Andrej Podlutsky,3 Pawel M. Kaminski,1 Michael S. Wolin,1 Cuihua Zhang,4 Partha Mukhopadhyay,5 Pal Pacher,5 Furong Hu,2 Rafael de Cabo,6 Praveen Ballabh,2 and Zoltan Ungvari1

Departments of 1Physiology and 2Cell Biology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York; 3The Sam and Ann Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies, The University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas; 4Departments of Internal Medicine and Medical Pharmacology and Physiology, Dalton Cardiovascular Research Center, University of Missouri-Columbia, Columbia, Missouri; 5Section on Oxidative Stress Tissue Injury, Laboratory of Physiological Studies, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda; and 6Laboratory of Experimental Gerontology, National Institute on Aging, Baltimore, Maryland

Submitted 4 March 2008 ; accepted in final form 15 April 2008

The dietary polyphenolic compound resveratrol, by activating the protein deacetylase enzyme silent information regulator 2/sirtuin 1 (SIRT1), prolongs life span in evolutionarily distant organisms and may mimic the cytoprotective effects of dietary restriction. The present study was designed to elucidate the effects of resveratrol on cigarette smoke-induced vascular oxidative stress and inflammation, which is a clinically highly relevant model of accelerated vascular aging. Cigarette smoke exposure of rats impaired the acetylcholine-induced relaxation of carotid arteries, which could be prevented by resveratrol treatment. Smoking and in vitro treatment with cigarette smoke extract (CSE) increased reactive oxygen species production in rat arteries and cultured coronary arterial endothelial cells (CAECs), respectively, which was attenuated by resveratrol treatment. The smoking-induced upregulation of inflammatory markers (ICAM-1, inducible nitric oxide synthase, IL-6, and TNF-{alpha}) in rat arteries was also abrogated by resveratrol treatment. Resveratrol also inhibited CSE-induced NF-{kappa}B activation and inflammatory gene expression in CAECs. In CAECs, the aforementioned protective effects of resveratrol were abolished by knockdown of SIRT1, whereas the overexpression of SIRT1 mimicked the effects of resveratrol. Resveratrol treatment of rats protected aortic endothelial cells against cigarette smoking-induced apoptotic cell death. Resveratrol also exerted antiapoptotic effects in CSE-treated CAECs, which could be abrogated by knockdown of SIRT1. Resveratrol treatment also attenuated CSE-induced DNA damage in CAECs (comet assay). Thus resveratrol and SIRT1 exert antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antiapoptotic effects, which protect the endothelial cells against the adverse effects of cigarette smoking-induced oxidative stress. The vasoprotective effects of resveratrol will likely contribute to its antiaging action in mammals and may be especially beneficial in pathophysiological conditions associated with accelerated vascular aging.
    ------

Address for reprint requests and other correspondence: Z. Ungvari or A. Csiszar, Dept. of Physiology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY 10595 (e-mail: zoltan_ungvari{at}nymc.edu or anna_csiszar{at}nymc.edu)
    2) Resveratrol attenuates cigarette smoking-induced pro-inflammatory alterations in the endothelial phenotype -- Ungvari et al. 22 (1): 747.4 -- The FASEB Journal

The FASEB Journal. 2008;22:747.4

Resveratrol attenuates cigarette smoking-induced pro-inflammatory alterations in the endothelial phenotype
    Zoltan Ungvari1, Nazar Labinskyy1, Pal Pacher2, Cuihua Zhang3, Andrej Podlutsky4 and Anna Csiszar1

1 Department of Physiology New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY
    2 Laboratory of Physiological Studie, NIH/NIAAAs, Rockville, MD
    3 Department of Veterinary Physiology & Pharmacology; Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
    4 The Sam and Ann Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies, San Antonio, TX

ABSTRACT

Previously we have shown that water soluble components of cigarette smoke (CS) up-regulate NAD(P)H oxidases and activate NF-kB leading to vascular inflammation, likely increasing increased cardiovascular risk in smokers. To determine whether the sirtuin activator resveratrol (RES) protects endothelial cells against the deleterious effects of CS, rats were exposed to the smoke of 5 cigarettes per day (for one week, with or without RES treatment). CS impaired acetylcholine-induced relaxations of carotid arteries, which could be improved by RES treatment. Both smoking and in vitro treatment of coronary arterial endothelial cells (CAECs) with CS extract significantly increased endothelial O2.- production, which were attenuated by RES. Expression of the pro-inflammatory cytokines (IL-1, IL-6 and TNFa) and that of iNOS was significantly increased by CS, which could be attenuated by RES treatment. In CAECs CS treatment elicited NF-kB activation and increased monocyte adhesiveness, which were prevented by RES. Thus, RES at nutritionally relevant concentrations attenuates CS-induced oxidative stress, improves endothelial function and inhibits vascular inflammation.
    3) NCUR Abstract: RESVERATROL, A CONSTITUTE OF RED WINE, INCREASES ANTIOXIDANT LEVELS AND PREVENTS DAMAGE FROM CIGARETTE SMOKE IN HUMAN BRONCHIAL EPITHELIAL CELLS

RESVERATROL, A CONSTITUTE OF RED WINE, INCREASES ANTIOXIDANT LEVELS AND PREVENTS DAMAGE FROM CIGARETTE SMOKE IN HUMAN BRONCHIAL EPITHELIAL CELLS

Albert Shih, Hongqiao Zhang, Alessandra Rinna, Henry Jay Forman University of California at Merced, Merced, CA95343

Resveratrol is a compound that exists in grape skin and red wine and has been suspected to be responsible for the beneficial effects of red wine. However, the mechanism underlying these beneficial effects still need to be further identified. In this study, we investigated the effects of resveratoral on the antioxidant (glutathione) level and its potential protection of cigarette smoking in lungs. Glutathione is the master antioxidant that maintains the redox homeostasis and is critical to protect lungs from damage caused by xenobiotics including cigarette smoke and other airborne toxins. We first found that resveratrol dose-dependently increased glutathione levels in human lung epithelial cells. To define the mechanism, we determined the mRNA levels of the catalytic and modulator subunits of glutamate cysteine ligase (GCL), the rate limiting enzyme for glutathione synthesis, and found resveratrol increased the mRNA levels of both subunits. We then checked if resveratrol could protect bronchial cells from damage caused by cigarette smoking. resveratrol eliminated the lipid peroxidation level caused by cigarette smoking extract (CSE), and furthermore, it prevented cell death caused CSE exposure. Moreover, the protective effects of resveratrol on CSE was abrogated by L-buthionine-(S,R)-sulfoximine (BSO), a specific inhibitor of GCL. Our data suggest that resveratrol could increase the antioxidant level in the human bronchial epithelial cells and thus potentially prevent harmful effects caused by cigarette smoking and other air pollutants.
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Good info, Ike!

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

17. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1;
    Good info, Ike!
    Thanks, J!
  18. Board Sponsor

Man, strat is coming up with even more amazing studies than I read on a daily basis. I remember the part of lung capacity, and even improvement in lung cancer.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  19. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Good info, Ike!

Ike ?? , as in Hurricane Ike or as in Tina Turner ?? Just kidding!

Strategic,

have you tried stoked? Which product has the better bioavailability and why, Stoked or Reverse. What product do you recommend, or is it too early to tell??

Thanks.
  20. Banned

Read his STOKED! log... it's a great read!
    Getting Your Anabolic Furnace STOKED! (Sponsored)
    And I can't (or won't) speak for Ike, but I believe it may in fact, be too early to compare the two. And plus, our Reverse is set up differently than STOKED! If you notice, it is more of a staple supplement compared to the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Imeniaan View Post

Strategic,

have you tried stoked? Which product has the better bioavailability and why, Stoked or Reverse. What product do you recommend, or is it too early to tell??

Thanks.
  21. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz View Post
    Read his STOKED! log... it's a great read!
    Getting Your Anabolic Furnace STOKED! (Sponsored)
    And I can't (or won't) speak for Ike, but I believe it may in fact, be too early to compare the two. And plus, our Reverse is set up differently than STOKED! If you notice, it is more of a staple supplement compared to the latter.
    Thanks, Iron!

Quote Originally Posted by Imeniaan View Post

Strategic,

Thanks.
    Imeniaan, I fully agree with Iron. REVERSE and STOKED! were designed with different objectives in mind, so a direct comparison may not be accurate. Both are excellent products.
  22. Board Sponsor

Thanks, Iron!

Imeniaan, I fully agree with Iron. REVERSE and STOKED! were designed with different objectives in mind, so a direct comparison may not be accurate. Both are excellent products.
    Agreed. STOKED is aimed at the testosterone boosting effects, with the bioavail enhancers you get a SIRT1 suppression. With Reverse, we are aiming for the SIRT1 expression, which is why we acytilated it. When you ingest Reverse, the acytilation causes hydrolysis, essentially making the ester a coat of armor, removed for pure unadulterated Resveratrol.

Okay... I hope all that makes sense... I have 3 cups of Kava Kava in me... so things are a little fuzzy.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  23. Senior Member

I was wondering if you're getting any lethargy shortly after dosing? I'm using four cap of Reverse before bed and have been getting awesome sleep with it. It cleared up my skin which was breaking out from Diesel Test Hardcore and seems to have balance my mood substantially.
  24. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by slow-mun View Post
    I was wondering if you're getting any lethargy shortly after dosing? I'm using four cap of Reverse before bed and have been getting awesome sleep with it. It cleared up my skin which was breaking out from Diesel Test Hardcore and seems to have balance my mood substantially.
    No, I have not experienced lethargy immediately post-REVERSE intake. I always make sure, though, I take a capsule last thing before bed daily. I usually add one tablet (1000mg) of a Vitamin -C supplement (actually a blend of 1000mg Vitamin C plus 10mg of Dihydroquercetin). I take this vitamin-c supplement with REVERSE, only because resveratrol helps recycle vitamin c (just like dihydroquercetin does).

Is there any particular reason you take four capsules of REVERSE at once, and not split them into two servings?
  25. Diamond Member

October 17, 2008 - October 20, 2008
    Days 14 - 17

Results:

The past couple of days have seen a continuation of sustained feelings of well-being (this aspect may be due to resveratrol, similar to rhodiola rosea, beneficially impacting levels of serotonin, norepinephrine, and endogenous feel-good opioids such as beta-endorphins). Vasodilation/vascularity, physical and mental endurance, as well as excellent motor function remain at high levels. Furthermore, the enhanced immune-system strength and immune response have played an important role in keeping me symptom-free in the current flu-season. REVERSE has been quite impressive so far, and I am enjoying every single day on it!
  26. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

You should consider teaching as a job strag
  27. Senior Member

No, I have not experienced lethargy immediately post-REVERSE intake. I always make sure, though, I take a capsule last thing before bed daily. I usually add one tablet (1000mg) of a Vitamin -C supplement (actually a blend of 1000mg Vitamin C plus 10mg of Dihydroquercetin). I take this vitamin-c supplement with REVERSE, only because resveratrol helps recycle vitamin c (just like dihydroquercetin does).

Is there any particular reason you take four capsules of REVERSE at once, and not split them into two servings?
    I'm taking resveratrol twice a day already. Reverse is my bedtime dose and four caps seems to make me pretty lethargic. Truth be told, my decent results didn't begin until I added Reverse. The other resveratrol product has been used for about two months with little results.
  28. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    I doubt that would be a strategic move!
  29. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by slow-mun View Post
    I'm taking resveratrol twice a day already. Reverse is my bedtime dose and four caps seems to make me pretty lethargic. Truth be told, my decent results didn't begin until I added Reverse. The other resveratrol product has been used for about two months with little results.
    REVERSE is it!
  30. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Thank you sir for the excellent info! I just ordered my first bottle from NP. I'm going to run it the same way for 25 days.
  31. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eros62d View Post
    Thank you sir for the excellent info! I just ordered my first bottle from NP. I'm going to run it the same way for 25 days.
    That's good to hear. Keep us updated on your progress!
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  123 lbs.

Same here, put an order a few days ago, if Strategic thinks Reverse is than there's no further debate about it
  33. 1HP

I think I'm gonna give this a try also in 2 months or so when I run out of my current supplies. Thinking of stacking this with a GH booster (x-dream?) and some RPN products for a "rejuvenation stack" to run for 3 months or so..
  34. Diamond Member

Awesome! In fact, you can stay on one capsule a day maintenance afterwards.
  35. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    Same here, put an order a few days ago, if Strategic thinks Reverse is than there's no further debate about it
  36. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

wow, how have I missed this for so long?!?!?

Delsolrob reporting to duty...I'm getting caught up now:-)
  37. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    x 2...I truly enjoy reading Ikes posts!
  38. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Sorry i'm about a year late
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net
  39. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTDeuce View Post
    Sorry i'm about a year late
    Not quite! Yet, better late than ...! Welcome, bud!
  40. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by delsolrob View Post
    wow, how have I missed this for so long?!?!?...
    I understood the thread's stealth mode was deactivated only today! Appreciate your company, bud!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Stanozolol Nandrolone False Positives?
    By Mjolnir in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 06:44 AM
  2. My Sponsored REVERSE log!
    By strategicmove in forum Celtic Labs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-30-2008, 11:45 AM
  3. Heard about Reversing age (the way we look)?
    By Jesse in forum Molecular Nutrition
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-26-2008, 04:56 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-22-2004, 10:13 AM