Neoborn's Natural Hair Regrowth FAQ

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
~Neoborn's Natural Hair Regrowth FAQ~

This FAQ / post convey's the thoughts and musings Neoborn, Neoborn is not a licensed GP, Dr. or any other form of medical professional. These are merely working guidelines that may or may not work for you. This FAQ is geared towards natural therapies as these usually provide good success with little to no side effects. There are better threads that deal with the prescription side of this topic and therefore uneeded to be covered here. With that said, and out the way, if you have some better information to share that will yeild better results in a safe and natural manner, let me / others know!

*Note*
One thought that should be the foundation of your regrowth program is that there is no single cure to hair loss, this is because there is no singular cause to hair loss. I find that many people / groups go wrong with trying to cure cancer, build muscle, general troubleshoot is that they try to fix it with the magic bullet approach. Let's be honest, there is no magic bullet for anything!. For instance let us take bodybuilding as an example, if you wanted to pack on "Jaw Dropping Mass!!" and took large amounts of synthetic hormones but stayed completely still without moving, you are not going to reach your goal of being hoooyooj!

This is because there are several basic needs you have to fulfill to make this a reality. The first would be a) Workouts - now these have to be stimulating enough to kick the body into gear and create growth, b) Diet - you have to intake enough protein, carbs and fat to create an optimal environment to provfide the body with what it needs to grow i.e. the basic building blocks of muscle creation c) Rest - you must rest and give your body enough time to repair the damaged muscle and to grow larger / stronger, in addition to neural adaptation to the exercises and building stronger pathways.

So now you know that there are a) many factors causing hair loss b) many different ways to help your hair to regrow and c) that it's a process that is the sum of all the parts, and that you need to pay attention to each facet of the problem for a solution to appear d) it takes time, your hair loss didn't happen overnight, so it will take time to repair the damage done. There's no time like the present!

*Note2* - All credit for this FAQ and information within goes to a)Big Vrunga for inspiring this FAQ b) Primordial Performance for coming to market with amazing products that work c) Members of the forum like ~You~ that perform the real world testing day in and day out of these products and let others know what works and what doesn't! ~ I take no credit for this FAQ other than simply thinking about a subject, formatting the content and arranging it in an easy to assimilative manner.

Factors Affecting Hair Regrowth

There are several factors that can affect hair growth and even cause major losses of hair. These generally fall within three main areas:

• Hereditary / Genetic Factors
  • Hormonal / Internal Factors
  • External / Chemical / Environmental Factors
Hereditary Factors

Hereditary factors are factors such as Male Pattern Baldness where the individual is prone to hairloss through specific genes etc passed down from the family bloodline.
First, let's take a look at what is known about the causes of MPB. Testosterone is converted to DHT by the 5AR enzyme, which in turn finds its way to your hair follicles and causes them to fall out. The are a few theories on how this occurs. One suggests that DHT causes a progressive miniturization of the affected hair follicles. Another says that DHT causes an autoimmune response, causing the body to actually attack the hair follicles as if they were a foreign body. This in turn causes an inflammatory response that causes the hair follicles to shed.
Hormonal / Internal Factors

Hormonal factors / internal factors can range from vitamin deficiencies, hormonal imbalances and other chemicals introduced to your system from outside sources such as lead /mercury in water etc. Of course controlling these issues and also DHT levels are something you would want to take into account while troubleshooting the cause of your hair loss.

External / Chemical / Enviromental

Environmental
  • Scalp injury
  • Avulsion Thermal
  • Electric Or Chemical Burn
  • Sunburn Contact
  • Dermatitis Pressure
  • Sunlight
  • X-irradiation
  • Swimming(water, Chlorine)
Self-inflicted
  • Trichotillomania
  • Trichoteiromania
  • Scraching Associated With Scalp Dermatoses
Hair Care And Cosmesis
  • Shampooing
  • Combing
  • Brushing
  • Back Combing
  • Towel Drying Ponytails
  • Multibraiding
  • Hair Meshing
  • Heat Drying
  • Chemical Processing
  • Permanent Curling
  • Relaxing
  • Bleaching
  • Permanent Coloring
  • Minoxidil
  • Hair Transplantation
  • Rhytidectomy (facelift)
Natural Remedy Methods

Massage of The Scalp and Affected Areas
*Note* This is the foundation for all the other protocols and processes!

Your scalp can also greatly benefit from regular massage. It stimulates blood flow, which in turn helps feed the hair follicles. Often it helps to prevent and fight avoidable hair loss, and reestablish the natural development of healthy hair. In addition to all this, it is extremely relaxing, calming, and helps relieve headaches and migraines.

Massaging the scalp helps keep your hair healthy and can also promote hair growth. Nourishment is sent to the capillary vessels in hair papillae to activate the hair cells. Many hair stylists, while shampooing hair, will give scalp massages.
1. Start from the forehead hairline along the arteries in the front, side, and back of the head, making small circles with your fingertips.

2. Work your way toward the top of the head as if drawing a circle.

3. Massage your hair/scalp for just ten minutes a day: once in the morning and once in the afternoon. Do not give up after a few days. Make it a habit! You can also massage your scalp when shampooing your hair.

How Massage Affects Your Hair & Scalp
Step-by-Step Scalp Massage
The Complete Book of Men's Health - Part 2: Illness and Disease

Essential Oil Regrowth Blend:

Ingredients: As below
Dosage: Apply several drops of the mixture to areas of hair loss each night, massaging gently into scalp for 3-5 minutes.
  • 3 drops of essential oil of thyme
  • 3 drops of essential oil of lavender
  • 3 drops of essential oil of rosemary
  • 3 drops of essential oil of cedarwood
  • 1/8 cup of grapeseed oil
  • 1/8 cup of jojoba oil
Mix the ingredients together. Cover your pillow with an old towel. Apply several drops of the mixture to areas of hair loss each night, massaging gently into scalp for 3-5 minutes. Store the oil tightly covered. Do not take internally or near the eye area. *Note* Good time to do this is after your evening shower where you are nice and clean and pores are open.

Toca 8 *New* formula by Primordial Performance

Ingredients: Toco-8 is a powdered tocotrienol complex extracted from Palm Fruits (elaies guineensis)
Dosage: 1 application, twice daily and 12hrs apart.

I must say that this product surely does look exciting and hopefully we can get some real world feedback from forum members on this one ASAP!

Forum Post: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/82724-toco-8-proven.html
Website: Primordial Performance - Dermacrine, hormone precursors and estrogen reducers

The tocotrienols found in Toco-8 are super powerful anti-oxidants which have been proven to have powerful health benefits for the cardiovascular system. (2-8) Tocotrienols also play an important role in the synthesis of LH & FSH, which stimulate Testosterone production from the testes, while also increasing the testes Testosterone production capacity from LH & FSH stimulation. (9-11) Recently, this unique tocotrienol complex has been granted a US patent to prevent hair loss and promote hair regrowth in individuals suffering from alopecia. In the study, all individuals supplemented with the tocotrienol complex showed a positive result, with an average 42% increase in hair count after 5 months of treatment. (1) This is a much welcomed alternative to the popular hair loss drug Finasteride, a drug which reduces DHT and contributes to a host of side effects such as libido loss, gynecomastia, and depression. (12)

Technically speaking, Toco-8 is a natural Vitamin E supplement, but to call it a “natural Vitamin E supplement” puts it on the same shelf as every other generic Vitamin E product on the market. The fact is, the natural Vitamin E found in your local supplement shop or grocery store is not natural at all. Rather, almost all Vitamin E products on the market are actually synthetic Vitamin E; a potentially dangerous and cheap byproduct of soybean oil, known as alpha-tocopherol (Go ahead, take a look on your vitamin label).
Beta Sitosterol

Ingredients: Beta Sitosterol
Dosage: 100mg twice daily, morning and night.

Beta Sitosterol is a plant sterol and similar to Saw Palmetto. This will help you control DHT naturally and internally.

Beta-sitosterol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Enerex.ca | Beta - Sitosterol

BETA-SITOSTEROL A plant lipid, which helps lower cholesterol. Normalizes Sugar and Insulin levels in (Type 2) Diabetics. Helps prevent enlarged prostate, prostrate and colon cancer. Beta-Sitosterol acts as a 5-Alpha Reductase and Aromatase inhibitor. May help with male pattern baldness

Saw Palmetto

Ingredients: Saw Palmetto (Serenoa repens or Sabal serrulata)
Dosage: 160mg twice daily, morning and night. Going over 320mg does not enhance or make it work any more efficient or provide any additional benefits

Saw palmetto is also popular as an herbal remedy for a type of hair loss and baldness called androgenic alopecia, or male- and female-pattern baldness.
This type of hair loss is typically the greatest at the top of the head or around the temples.

Although we still don't know exactly how it works, it's believed that it may block an enzyme (5-alpha-reductase) from allowing the hormone testosterone from being converted to another hormone, dihydrotestosterone. Dihydrotestosterone is considered a key contributing factor to the onset and progression of androgenic alopecia and benign prostatic hyperplasia.
Serenoa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Saw Palmetto and Hair Loss - Can Saw Palmetto Stop Hair Loss
Saw Palmetto Herb Extract - Saw Palmetto Side Effects and Hair Loss Information
Saw palmetto (Serenoa repens [Bartram] Small) - MayoClinic.com

Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT)
Initially, the notion of firing lasers at your scalp might seem like something out of StarTrek, not a real-world hair loss treatment. However, studies are showing the biocell stimulation via laser light in a particular range can actually encourage the follicular cells to grow new hair. I wouldnt have believed it, unless I'd experienced it for myself!

'Hair Loss Clinics' have been using 'Laser Hoods':

Hair Loss Control Clinic - Buy a Clinic Laser

to treat hair loss for years, swearing up and down that it had a positive effect on regrowth. Im sure most people wrote them off as quack-jobs, until a company called HairMax developed a personal version and started marketing it for $700. I didnt hear about it until this DateLineNBC episode ran a segment called 'The Follicle Five', that documented 5 guys trying to save their hair via various methods:

The follicle five: Battle against baldness - Dateline NBC - MSNBC.com

Oddly enough, the guy using the Laser Comb had some of the best results! After seeing that, I set off on some research and found that several people were actually building their own 'Laser Brushes' and reported similar results. After reading through a bunch of threads, I came to the conclusion I could build a LLLT unit myself and I did, for $50. With 6 650nm 5mw Laser Diodes mounted in a nice boar's bristle brush, Ive been using it for the recommend 10minutes 2x per week and honestly, my hair has never looked better.

Keep in mind that I also started using Finasteride around the same time, but Finasteride isnt supposed to kick in for a couple months, and I noticed an improvement within 4 weeks using the laser brush.
Other Posts & Sources Of Information

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/21961-hair-loss-prevention.html - Much Love & all the credit to Big Vrunga and posters for quality posting and real world feedback.

Important: If you would like to contribute and have anything additional to add please let me know. I am no guru, I am like you searching for the answers and sharing the wealth!

Last edited:

rick055

Awards
  • Established
Great Post, Neo

I just ordered the toco-8 from primordial and am going to give it a test drive.

Everything else in my hair care regimen should stay constant (unless I start shedding like mad in which case I will give propecia a shot) and I will take some before pics.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I just ordered the toco-8 from primordial and am going to give it a test drive.

Everything else in my hair care regimen should stay constant (unless I start shedding like mad in which case I will give propecia a shot) and I will take some before pics.
I'm going to test this out as well. See how it works. Pics will also be included. I only have slight temple recession but hopefully this will help.

I am currently doing:

1. Massage with the essential oils everyday
2. Shampoo with Nizoral alternative (stileprox) every other day
3. Antioxidants / Vitamins /
4. Beta Sitosterol but only 25mg - 50mg day in my other supps

building mass

building mass

Awards
Great thread. There is some really great info in here. I am definatly looking forward trying toco-8.
Great job :thumbsup:

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
Meh, I enjoy being bald. I spend less time grooming in the morning.

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
:)

Some dudes can pull it off.

I don't think I can. If I looked good with a shaved head, I'd be thrilled.
I agree. The shape of a person's head plays a very important part in whether or not they can pull it off.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Great FAQ Neo and thanks for the props!

I like how you emphasise that these treatments must be integrated into your daily regimen as habits in order to be effective...that certainly is the key to achieving any kind of success with any hairloss prevention protocol.

BV

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Thank you. It's is my pleasure to emphasize something brought to light by valuable members of this forum. Thanks again. I love making FAQ's it's how I like my information easy to digest like a cheap microwave dinner! :study:

JBerto

Awards
  • Established
Thanks!!!

Great Job!!!!! :box:

I cant wait to read your "reserved" posts !!!

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Don't hold your breath bro :) I do this to give myself editing room if it grows. Maybe we can get some real live feedback n quotes in here for some of this stuff :)

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
Neoborn, I am relaxing after a round of golf, with a couple scotches and I see this thread. I have not worked this out completely but perhaps these comments will be useful.

At 66 I have long ago lost my hair. Back in 73 I had a failed transplant with little growth resulting. Now as I continue my health quest, I find that Progesterone has a large number of positive effects. I have been on this micronized Progesterone (3 mg per pump X 2 pumps X 2 times per day ie. AM/PM) with its accompanying Beta-Sitosterol and Saw Palmetto for about 3 months now and I am simply amazed. The most unexpected and unintended, is that I seem to be gaining more hair. The Dutchess and friends all comment on it. You know I am a long time believer in Formastane, but now I am also using this Progesterone to likewise reduce my Estrogen. Somehow, perhaps akin to women who add Progesterone to reduce their Estrogen and stop hair loss, this is also a useful approach for us men. Here are a couple quotes of note.

" When progesterone levels are raised by natural progesterone supplements, the androstenedione level will gradually fall, and your normal hair growth will eventually resume. Since hair growth is a slow process, it may take four to six months for the effects to become apparent. This can be corrected by using naturally compounded hormones."
Menopause and Hair Loss/Thinning

"We've all heard of 5-alpha reductase and how this is what turns vital testosterone into unwanted dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Excess levels of DHT are associated with baldness, prostate disease and a host of other illnesses as men age. Progesterone is a powerful 5-alpha reductase inhibitor."
Vitamins Home - Healthy Prostate Cream, 4.4 fl. oz..

All I know is I am shocked that it seems to work.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I am no God, I am simply another guy on a quest to live a long healthy life helping others in the process from what I find.

soma

soma

Awards
  • Established
So Minoxodil can contribute to hairloss? Im confused or maybe i misread. Isn't it used to regrow and increase hair growth? I hear you may/will lose the regrown hair upon cessation of minox but can it speed up loss of hair you hadn't previously lost? Sorry if this was covered already.

-Soma:blink:

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
So Minoxodil can contribute to hairloss? Im confused or maybe i misread. Isn't it used to regrow and increase hair growth? I hear you may/will lose the regrown hair upon cessation of minox but can it speed up loss of hair you hadn't previously lost? Sorry if this was covered already.

-Soma:blink:
A sudden increase in shedding when your first start Minoxidil is a good thing - it's a sign your system is responding to it. There's two phases of hair growth, anagen,catagen,and telogen:

1) Anagen - Growth Phase - Approximately 85 percent of the hair on your head is in the growing phase at any given time. This phase can last 2 to 6 years. Hair can grown at the rate of approximately 5 inches per year and any individual hair is unlikely to grow more than one yard long.

2) Catagen - Transitional phase. When the Anagen growth phase comes to an end, hair enters into a Catagen phase which lasts about one or two weeks. During this transitional phase, the hair follicle shrinks to about 1/6th of the normal diameter. The "root" is diminished and the dermal papilla breaks away and rests below the scalp.

3) Telogen - Resting Phase. After the catagen phase, hair goes into a resting phase known as telogen. This period can last five to six weeks. Although the hair does not grown during this stage, the dermal papilla stays in resting phase below the scalp. Approximately 10 to 15 percent of all hairs on your head are in this resting phase at any given moment. At the end of this stage, the hair follicle re-enters the growth phase. The dermal papilla and the base of the follicle join together again and a new hair begins to form. In some cases, the new hair will push the old hair out of the way and the hair growth cycle starts all over again.

Hair does not go through the hair growth cycle in patches or patterns. Each hair can be in a different stage of this cycle compared to the adjacent hairs.
When you have MPB, your anagen phase gets shorter, and the catagen and telogen phases get longer and more frequent. Minoxidil can force your follicles into an anagen phase, pushing out dormant hairs while the new hair starts to grow in. This is the most common reason for increased shedding when minoxidil treatment starts.

Because minoxidil seems to stimulate the hairs into growth, the follicles become 'minoxdil dependant' , requiring the constant application of the compound in order to keep growing. When you stop using minoxidil, the growth phase ends and your follicles enter the catagen/telogen phase within 1-3 months, and eventually fall out while not being replaced by new hair.

I think that's how it works, anyway:)

BV

WebDesigner

WebDesigner

Awards
Lets say during a cycle is it worth taking beta sitosterol and saw palmetto if youre gonna take finasteride.

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
LOL wish someone would come out with a fax on how to stop gray hair.

WebDesigner

WebDesigner

Awards
Lets say during a cycle is it worth taking beta sitosterol and saw palmetto if youre gonna take finasteride.
bump to this question and should both beta sitosterol and saw palmetto be taken or can just one be taken since both are similar.