EPI Pulse with HST

larue38462

larue38462

Awards
Whats up guys. I recently decided to switch my training up a little bit and try HST for 8 wks. I was wondering what some of you guys would think about an epi pulse on M/W/F (workout days) in the range of 50-60 mg. This would by my 3rd run on epi and I have all support supps, pct, and diet nailed down. This would be my first pulse. Any thoughts would be great.

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
Whats up guys. I recently decided to switch my training up a little bit and try HST for 8 wks. I was wondering what some of you guys would think about an epi pulse on M/W/F (workout days) in the range of 50-60 mg. This would by my 3rd run on epi and I have all support supps, pct, and diet nailed down. This would be my first pulse. Any thoughts would be great.

I think it sounds like a good idea. I personally tried HST training for 6 weeks, and personally didnt like it, but each to his own :D

larue38462

larue38462

Awards
If you don't mind me asking, what didn't you like about it. I'm used to a 5 day split in which I trained each bodypart once per week. I pretty much stopped growing even though I was switching up exercises, reps, and the like.

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
If you don't mind me asking, what didn't you like about it. I'm used to a 5 day split in which I trained each bodypart once per week. I pretty much stopped growing even though I was switching up exercises, reps, and the like.

I also use a 5 day split.

I came to a plateau so thats when I decided to try out HST, but to be honest my diet was off before I tried HST. I then did HST for 6 or 7 weeks and got diet in gear for those 7 weeks and didn't move anywhere really.

The main thing I didn't like about it was the workouts were too long. With a 5 day split I'm in the gym 40 minutes a day most days, but when I was doing HST training sessions were lasting 1hr30 or more and just felt very lethargic by the end of the workout.

I would like to try HST on a cut with weights M,W,F and cardio T,T,S and then rest sunday. I think HST is more suitable for this IMO

larue38462

larue38462

Awards
That is my goal for this workout cycle. I will be working out basically just as you described in your last post, but I'm planning on keeping the workouts within 60 mins max. Minimal rest in the gym and more days off during the week is what got me turned on to HST.

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
That is my goal for this workout cycle. I will be working out basically just as you described in your last post, but I'm planning on keeping the workouts within 60 mins max. Minimal rest in the gym and more days off during the week is what got me turned on to HST.

I think that would be good then.

But IMO you will struggle to keep workouts that short. I rested as recommended and I always exceeded an hour, closer to two.

Another possibility could be DC training alternated with cardio days?

larue38462

larue38462

Awards
Hopefully I'll be able to keep it down, if I'm not I will probably make some changes to keep it in that time zone. Thanks for the input bro....anyone else that has opinions on this please feel free to chime in.

snookl187

snookl187

Awards
  • Established
I think that would be good then.

But IMO you will struggle to keep workouts that short. I rested as recommended and I always exceeded an hour, closer to two.

Another possibility could be DC training alternated with cardio days?
I didn't know there was a reccomended rest duration. I get the workout done in 50 minutes and I don't feel rushed but I cut calf work and ab work out of the workout. My calfs are out of proportion to the rest of my body and I do abs on off days with cardio. I'm currently seeing very good growth at 4 weeks in. Strength is improving too!

larue38462

larue38462

Awards
That's awesome bro....I'm glad to see that HST is workin for you...maybe I will have similar results. Everything that I have read leads me to believe that this workout routine revolves around intensity. I may be wrong, but I believe that this type of workout will be utilized the best by taking short (20-30 second) breaks between sets. Someone please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I start my HST routine tomorrow and I defiantely want to get started off the right way.

snookl187

snookl187

Awards
  • Established
30 seconds rest will work as a starting point, however you'll want to increase your rest time as you work towards your max. The workout is intense.