need input before i start...

Mike1605

Mike1605

Awards
well i have been lifting on and off for about 3 years now. i did some MMA for the last year and looking to gain some more muscle mass and strength (what guy isnt?).

im looking to start a cycle of havoc and halo (if i can find another cycle that is. the last box i had "magicly" disapeared out of my house.)

here are my stats.

age21
Height 5'9"
weight 206LBs
BF% 21

last time i did a cycle of halo i was 180 LBs and wasnt bulked nearly as much as i should have been and i wasnt eating nearly as much as i should have but now im afraid i have a little too much BF.

im thinking if i do the cycle how i am now, gain whatever i gain then try to cut afterwards to loose some of the excess fat im going to just lose what i gained form the cycle. do you guys suggest i try cutting down a little to maybe around 15 to 18% BF then doing the cycle or staying at the 21% and throw around some iron?

thanks in advace.

regards.

Mike

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
Cut first. Halo isn't necessarily for "bulking" but you don't want to risk losing gains during cycle, or through out PCT.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
First off almost every guy in the world is not looking to gain size and strength.Of course they would like to,but they're not trying.Anyways,I would personally cut first,but it's up to you.DO NOT cut during pct ever!!!!Your hormones are thrown out of whack and you don't need to stress the body anymore.Just focus on eating alot and lifting enough,but not too much,to maintain what you gained.

Mike1605

Mike1605

Awards
DO NOT cut during pct ever!!!!Your hormones are thrown out of whack and you don't need to stress the body anymore.Just focus on eating alot and lifting enough,but not too much,to maintain what you gained.
yea i should have been more specific. i know not to cut during PCT i meant to cut after my body is back in order after the cycle.

Mike1605

Mike1605

Awards
I'd personally bulk first with Havoc only and save the halodrol for a recomp later on.
yea im leaning more towards holding off on the halo. the main thing i guess im worried about is if i should lose alittle body fat before i start taking the havoc. i gain weight REALLY easy. i mean literally im plus or minus upwards of 15 to 20 LBS every other month. on top of being able to gain super easy and knowing how to cut right with my lifestyle its hard to keep a steady diet. im always out of town and out on the road. i always find a way to lift but a lot of times my diet is what lacks.

so i guess to get to the point, is 20-23% BF too much before i start a cycle.

for my first real cycle of gear i wanted to try Cypionate and Dianabol but if im roughly 22%, knowing the way i gain weight and knowing how much caloric intake i will need to get anything out of the stack i dont want to blow up to like 26% BF and be 240Lbs...

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you want to cut to me.I wouldn't want to be 20%bf.I start thinking it's about time to cut as soon as my abs are almost not visible.I'm always trying to gain,but I stay to where you can see the outlines of abs.I don't do any ab waork,but it's how I judge myslef so to speak.I heard 13% is about the max for seeing outlines of abs.It's not ripped at all,but with a shirt on noone can tell if you have a six pack or not.I would shoot for that and try to maintain it.Whether you do it now ar after is up to you.It sounds to me like you want to loose the fat,and I don't blame you.

Mike1605

Mike1605

Awards
alright so maybe shoot to loose about 7% BF before i start anything. i think the consensus is pretty clear at this point... thanks guys.

LeeN

LeeN

Awards
wow, it is uncanny how similar your physique looks to how I looked about 3 months ago. Thanks for posting pic

LeeN