What's your reason for taking prohormones instead of steroids ?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.66%

What's your reason for taking prohormones instead of steroids ?

If AAS produces better gains and less sides than PH, what's your reason for using PH instead of AAS ?

edit: When I say less sides I'm talking about the more powerful PH

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.41%
    Achievements Posting Pro

i use PH to jumpstart A.A.S because a bottle of phera plex is a hell of a lot cheaper then 400 Dbols
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Phera Plex is a steroid, not a PH. I don't think there are any PH's out anymore, or very few anyway.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.02%

Because PHs are legal and easy to buy, and you know what you buy.

Roids are illegal and in "black market" you can't know if they really sell you what they say.
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  173 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.69%

Quote Originally Posted by JBerto View Post

Roids are illegal and in "black market" you can't know if they really sell you what they say.

^^x2
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.66%

Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV View Post
    Phera Plex is a steroid, not a PH. I don't think there are any PH's out anymore, or very few anyway.

Okay instead of "PH" let's just say legal supplements, like Superdrol, Pheraplex, etc instead
  7. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.01%

Quote Originally Posted by nephilim666 View Post
    i use PH to jumpstart A.A.S because a bottle of phera plex is a hell of a lot cheaper then 400 Dbols
    yes. some of these products, although they have their share of sides, definitely have merit, can be had for $25 or less, and are from sources that are pretty reliable. i've seen superdrol for sale on black market lists before
  8. Certified Travis
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.39%

Quote Originally Posted by JBerto View Post

Those are both terrible reasons actually, lmfao.

1. Have a chemist test your PH....see if it matches label claims. There is no quality assurance measures in the designer steroid industry. I've seen numerous batches not match label claims...even PA has shown this industry to be shady.

2. "Roids are illegal" - the only good point you made

3. You can purchase things on the black market, use them and get results and know they are legit (if you have experience). Also with powders you can test melting points. AND at one point there was even a lab you could have test your gear (closed but I believe there are still options)...
  9. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.96%

PS/Ph are classified as supplements when it comes to military..

AAS is a no no giving you a boot in the ass.
  10. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.72%

Instead???

NO

together

But seriously, the only reason I could try to offer you was perceived legality relating to getting popped.
    PHF Anabolic Trinity Epistane, Trenavar, and Mentabolan - Available Now!!
    Celtic Labs-Trestobol, HaloMass, Celitren, Ostabal and more Available Now!!
    PHF Rep/Celtic labs

11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.67%

b/c ph's are legal. end of story
  12. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.96%

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthechiba View Post
    b/c ph's are legal. end of story

Agreed.

I would rather sleep sound knowing I'm not going to get the UCMJ thrown at me.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.66%

I know prices aren't supposed to be discussed but AAS is way more expensive than legal supps right ?
  14. Certified Travis
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.39%

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Jones View Post
    I know prices aren't supposed to be discussed but AAS is way more expensive than legal supps right ?
    Depends but not really...i'd say they are comparable. You dont run 15 week PP cycles....so its cheaper only b/c of the time.
  15. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.42%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

If AAS produces better gains and less sides than PH, what's your reason for using PH instead of AAS ?

edit: When I say less sides I'm talking about the more powerful PH

Who says you have to use either?. You make it sound like everyone here using anabolics all the time!.
  16. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.42%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV View Post

A lot of these kids just don't know the difference anymore. They think of everything as a PH, when they probally never even used a pro-hormone.
  17. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.42%

Okay instead of "PH" let's just say legal supplements, like Superdrol, Pheraplex, etc instead

Why don't we say steroids, because I don't put steroids in the same catagory as dietary supplements.
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.66%

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Who says you have to use either?. You make it sound like everyone here using anabolics all the time!.

Well this thread is in the steroids section. I guess I assumed most people who post in this sub forum are either using, have used, or about to use steroids or PH
  19. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.83%
    Achievements Posting Pro

AAS have been known to produce the following side effects:

- a felony conviction
    - loss of job/career/income
    - loss of family, spouse, girlfriend, friends
    - loss of freedom
    - societal stigma
    - fear of the unknown in ways unrelated to the use of the steroid...especially pertaining to "Oh my gawd the place I bought from was busted what does that mean for my exposed butt?"..."is this international order going to be a controlled delivery?"..."what's a custom's seizure letter?"

Test may be best but Superdrol will save your @sshole.
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.31%

Quote Originally Posted by datBtrue View Post

- a felony conviction
    - loss of freedom
    - societal stigma
    - fear of the unknown in ways unrelated to the use of the steroid...especially pertaining to "Oh my gawd the place I bought from was busted what does that mean for my exposed butt?"..."is this international order going to be a controlled delivery?"..."what's a custom's seizure letter?"

Very true.
  21. RoidGracie

The legality issue only. If d-bol or anavar were legal, my cabinet would be stocked. Actually, I wouldn't even need to stock up cause it would always be available. Governors bangin skanky hookers and we can't take supps to make us strong, bastards.
  22. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.67%

Superdrol is illegal too bro. you get caught with it you might as well get caught with dianabol.

but i think you are referring to superdrol clones.
  23. RoidGracie

Maybe he meant Superdrol NG.
    I want what Georges St Pierre is taking, but that's probably on the illegal list too.
  24. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.67%

Quote Originally Posted by RoidGracie View Post
    Maybe he meant Superdrol NG.
    I want what Georges St Pierre is taking, but that's probably on the illegal list too.
    yep.. im sure it is. probably tren.
    And I really hope he's not talking about the new Superdrol. It's awful.
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  169 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.36%

Are you guys kidding me? Steroids aren't illegal. I just bought some off the internet.
  26. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.19%

Quote Originally Posted by FLfinest81 View Post
    Are you guys kidding me? Steroids aren't illegal. I just bought some off the internet.
    haha nice.
    when it boils down to it people use PH/PS instead of real gear either because they are pu$$ys or because they cant get real gear.
    iv used PH/PS when i cant get real gear, but id take AAS over PH/PS B.S. an day
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.23%

I think what it really comes down to is what the user is able to justify to himself. They are all steroids. Some just happen to be legal.... in a very grey sort of way. So the "stigma" is still there. You all gonna go tell your family your taking Phera Plex and its a steroid?? I don't think so. Gonna tell your boss?? Probably not. Its all a matter of what you can justify in your head as being "Ok to do"
  28. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.74%

I got both stocked. I got 8 bottles of Havoc/Epistane and over 30 amps over Test at home. Comparing the 2 is like picking a 20 year old hot chick or a 40 year old cougar. I will gladly take both but prefer the 20 year old. But sometimes the 20 year old comes with to much baggage and the issues /side effects are sometimes to much to combat. Plus the 20 year old costs an arm and a leg to upkeep. The cougar is in and out. Ok enough with the analagy as I am annoying myself writing this.

I will run one "real" cycle in the summer and follow that with 2 cycles of Epistand/Havoc for the rest of the year. I must say I like Epi and havoc for the dry gains and the bloating is not an issue. The gains are noticeable and everyone will ask what are you on. When you do the real stuff you have so much more to worry about, the test is expensive enough, but then you get Armidex (SIC) and that's expensive. I hate having the moon face on TEST and the oily skin. Don't get me wrong you deal with this as needed. That being said I love them both and I am curious to see what gains I am going to make on my real cycle this summer, my gains from Epi were amazing so I know this is going to be nuts, but that's more ego talking.

If I were only allowed to do one or the other for the rest of my life, I would pick PH's. Less time and easier PCT. There's my 2 cents.
  29. RoidGracie

Someone could say, do you take steroids...I would say, no, steroids are illegal, everything I take or have taken was legal at the time....that's one way to justify it. Can they say steroids aren't illegal if they are not prescribed (NO), can they say what I take is illegal (NO)...works for me. I don't do roids, now give me my damn H-Drol and Furazadrol please!! I needs my vitamins.
  30. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.06%

Quote Originally Posted by fcpcjc View Post
    Superdrol is illegal too bro. you get caught with it you might as well get caught with dianabol.

but i think you are referring to superdrol clones.
    Superdrol is not illegal. It was voluntarily discontinued by AX. If you were to get caught with a bottle of Superdrol, then it's likely that a police officer would only tell you that it's about to expire.
  31. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.06%

- a felony conviction
    - loss of freedom
    - societal stigma

Reps to you. It basically boils down to what type of position you are in or what you're willing to risk. Anyone who claims that people only use PH/PS's because they are pussies or because they don't have a source is probably free from any real sense of responsibility to themselves or anyone else.
  32. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.81%

Someone could say, do you take steroids...I would say, no, steroids are illegal, everything I take or have taken was legal at the time....that's one way to justify it. Can they say steroids aren't illegal if they are not prescribed (NO), can they say what I take is illegal (NO)...works for me. I don't do roids, now give me my damn H-Drol and Furazadrol please!! I needs my vitamins.
    Next time someone seriously ask me if i take steroids,I will say no,i have never taken anything that you can't legally buy.I will be telling the truth,well the last part anyway.I sometimes refer to these sups as test boosting sups.Like telling about cycling them,or taking stuff for elavated blood pressure because of test boosting supplements.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.23%

If you take H-Drol and Furaz, etc, and someone asked if you took steroids, and you answered No, you would be LYING. Not all steroids are illegal. Again, its just how you justify it to yourself. But I'm probably just wasting bandwidth typing this. Sure is a lot of bad info in this thread.
  34. RoidGracie

Redwolf, I'm a little amazed you could not see the sarcasm/hypocrisy of my post. That was my point, yes, H-Drol and Furaz are roids...I was saying, hey, they are legal, ergo, they can't be roids....so since they are legal, they must be vitamins, so give me my super vitamins. There are people that don't think they are roids just because they are legal. I sir, am not one of those people.
  35. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

The other issue I have is with the people who buy steroids overseas.

Even if it gets through customs and into your hand, you gotta be nuts to take it. How do you know it's not poison? I've heard of people ordering injectibles from overseas, and having it be anywhere from flaxseed oil to MOTOR OIL.

These people could literally be putting drywall into pill form and selling it to us stupid americans. What are we going to do, fly over there and sue them? You gotta be kidding me.

You would think some bodybuilders would be a little cautious about what they put into their 'temples'.

Which brings me to my next point. Alot of the PH's we have are made in dirty Chinese labs and impurities are very common. But I'd have to say I trust a supplement company better than Jose D. Anabolic from Nuevo Laredo, Mexico.

This post doesn't include people who have legit, real life sources of anabolics. I'm talking about ordering from steroids.mexico and thinking your getting legit product. It's not worth your life! That goes with any kind of medicine or pill from overseas.
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.23%

Redwolf, I'm a little amazed you could not see the sarcasm/hypocrisy of my post. That was my point, yes, H-Drol and Furaz are roids...I was saying, hey, they are legal, ergo, they can't be roids....so since they are legal, they must be vitamins, so give me my super vitamins. There are people that don't think they are roids just because they are legal. I sir, am not one of those people.

Sorry, didn't see that. Sometimes its hard to see those things in writing. Cant "hear" the sarcasm
  37. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.83%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    The other issue I have is with the people who buy steroids overseas.

Even if it gets through customs and into your hand, you gotta be nuts to take it. How do you know it's not poison? I've heard of people ordering injectibles from overseas, and having it be anywhere from flaxseed oil to MOTOR OIL.

These people could literally be putting drywall into pill form and selling it to us stupid americans. What are we going to do, fly over there and sue them? You gotta be kidding me.

You would think some bodybuilders would be a little cautious about what they put into their 'temples'.

Which brings me to my next point. Alot of the PH's we have are made in dirty Chinese labs and impurities are very common. But I'd have to say I trust a supplement company better than Jose D. Anabolic from Nuevo Laredo, Mexico.

This post doesn't include people who have legit, real life sources of anabolics. I'm talking about ordering from steroids.mexico and thinking your getting legit product. It's not worth your life! That goes with any kind of medicine or pill from overseas.
    No more dirtier, unsafe, risky, unauthentic...than ordering from domestic UGLs. In fact the only crazy UGL owner/scammer that I've ever seen threaten to poison his product the next time he pops back on the scene is an American...it wasn't as you put it an overseas dirty Mexican or a dirty Chinese...no bro it was an evil American.
  38. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.55%

Yea id say there too much stigma regarding the illegal steroids and especially the injectables. The general population thinks if somethings legal and anyone can buy it from a reputable site then gee willy of course it must be ok and not a steroid cuz as some random gym idiot might say "steroidz r illegalz dude, u cant juz buy it off da net LOL@u!". I could leave a bottle of epistane laying out and nobody would think twice about it, if i leave a blister pack of naps out or a sust amp and a pin in plain veiw, all of a sudden im a roider who is now instantly deemed as a danger to society and everything i do will be attributed to 'roids' lol and everyone would probably start to ask me how my balls are doing. That and the popular ones that are illegal are illegal! of course you could put the orals in a different container but if you get caught with an amp youre pretty much royally screwed.

So i'd say people use the legal steroids and the prohormones left that are legal (4-Androstendiol 19-Nor-4-Androstenediol 1, 4-Androstendiene-3, 17-Diol 5-Andro-Stendiol 5-alpha-Androst-1-en-3, 17-Diol 5-alpha-Andro-Stanediol )

because they are easier to get, theres less stigma, and theres less of a chance of getting screwed by a source or caught up in some big federal bust (y'all remember SSB? JTP185 <-- doh). And people just feel like its 'okay' to take something thats legal compared to illegal even though they may be just as dangerous and less effective. my .02
  39. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.1%

- a felony conviction
    - loss of freedom
    - societal stigma

So has a ton of other things. I don't know of anybody that uses steroids that have had any of the above happen to them. I'm not saying it can't happen but there are more things other than steroids that cause the same problems or worse. As far as legality goes, steroids are prescription meds and taking them without a script is against the law but how many of you have taken a pain pill, muscle relaxer, cough syrup, etc and not have a scrip for it. You just broke the law.
  40. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.55%

Quote Originally Posted by utvol View Post
    So has a ton of other things. I don't know of anybody that uses steroids that have had any of the above happen to them. I'm not saying it can't happen but there are more things other than steroids that cause the same problems or worse. As far as legality goes, steroids are prescription meds and taking them without a script is against the law but how many of you have taken a pain pill, muscle relaxer, cough syrup, etc and not have a scrip for it. You just broke the law.

It all goes to the stigma of being an illegal steroid user. Everyone takes a vicodin, but not everyone pumps 500mg of test into their leg . although youre right, both are illegal. With that argument of a 'black and white' kinda thing, everyone is criminal because hey, no one stops completely at a stop sign and we all speed from time to time, thats against the law, but so is murder and not all crimes are the same, especially in the eyes of the law. with that mentality would you be willing to tell someone you didnt know you ate a vicodin or would you rather tell them you just ate some steroids? even the media calls steroid use 'blood doping' id assume cuz of the stigma, we cant have our beloved olympians being known steroid abusers in the olympics, wtf is that all about, they ought to call em out for what they are, STEROID USERS, just like they treat the MLB guys. again its all about the stigma mostly id say.

Similar Forum Threads

1. prohormones or steroids
    By mark s in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-27-2011, 07:14 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-23-2009, 07:21 PM
  3. Steroids vs. Prohormones
    By LG Sciences in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-14-2008, 02:38 PM