Please give your thoughts on my PH cycle...

BigFan71

Awards
I am 35 years old, 6'2/305 - way too much body fat.
I am going to go on a PH cycle.

Should I go with halodrol or Epistane?

I want the least sides and easiest PCT....most bang for the buck...primarily for weight loss and toning, with a little lean muscle bulking. I have lost from 385 to 305 in the past 6 months. I used to power lift and my weight grew after I stopped. 15 years later, I need something to jump start my workouts - it is not happening like it is.

While on the cycle, I am going to take Liverite Liveraid (looks good), milk thistle, and a multivitamin. I will probably add something for cholesterol after the first couple of weeks, as well as a blood pressure support supplement if needed - I have never had BP problems.

PCT I plan on using a tribulus product. I don't see gynos as a problem since I am not going with a very large dose and neither product is really bad about gynos.

On cycle, I am going to stack it with 17HD (primarily for the energy kick it gives me - reminds me of ephedra without the heart pounding). I am going to try Creatine (will quit if back pumps become a problem). I will supplement my diet with an extra 70 grams of whey post workout. Other issues like dry joints I will address as needed.

I plan on keeping as good of a log as time allows, complete with before and after pictures.

I am leaning to the Epistane to be honest...it appears to have fewer sides, less of an estrogen problem, and be better at supporting fat loss. I plan on running the recommended 10/20/30/30 four week cycle, but I may extend it to 5 weeks in order to taper - 10/20/30/30/10 - PCT. Depending on how it feels, I may step up to 40 for the last week, but I doubt it.

One last question...should I take a full dose of PH's on non-lifting days?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Motox

Awards
  • Established
I thinke halodrol will help you lose more body fat, and will have the same amount if not less side effects, yes you should thake a full dose on nonworkout days.

Behemoth1

Awards
  • Established
Epistane, my bodyfat count dropped 3% when i finished the cycle. and yeah take it on non lifting days.

BigFan71

Awards
33 views...2 replies.

Nobody else cares to comment?

wesb2387

wesb2387

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I did a cycle of EST's hemadrol(halodrol clone)good stuff, leaned me out nicely with next to zero sides.

TOYFORDOLET

TOYFORDOLET

Awards
  • Established
Hmm... what does your diet look like? You definately are going to want more than just trib(could be a good addition) in your PCT unless you plan to pulse. I would look into Post Cycle Support which was made specifically to include in PCT for Epithios/lighter PH's. You may also want to get something for cortisol support in PCT. It may help you to do a little more research, check out the PCT forum and use the search function- there's a lot of great threads with info you could benefit from. Oh, BTW I don't think there's any need to taper off your cycle and take your full dose every day.:thumbsup:

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
i agree with everyone here. epistane will lean you out well, and has less sides so i'd go with that. but the main thing is to get your diet and cardio in check. cuz if you dont have that in check then your just spinning wheels.

epi leaned me out something fierce for last summer.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i agree with everyone here. epistane will lean you out well, and has less sides so i'd go with that. but the main thing is to get your diet and cardio in check. cuz if you dont have that in check then your just spinning wheels.

epi leaned me out something fierce for last summer.
Diet is going to be key here. I am not sure why you are opting for PH/PSs. They will not do anything for you unless your diet is on point. Hell, even with diet on point they DON'T do anything for some poeple.

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
I’ve done both, I guess I’d go with the Epi, but I suspect if this is your first venture into the hormonal, either will work. As far as back pumps, I don’t recall getting them on either Epi or Hdrol (they are both supposed to be dry), so I’d consider keeping the creatine.

I’m kind of curious why, at a mere 35, you have a hard time jump starting your workouts.
Loosing 85 lbs in 6 months is quite an achievement. You’re kind of contradicting yourself. So what is it you don’t like about your progress?

DB

poacher

Awards
  • Established
I was in almost your exact situatuion. stop working out seriously after about 10 yr slackoff. Ballooned to 350. Drpped to 275 and now am back to 290. Will do a cutter this summer and shoot for 265. I'm 44. The key for me is not overtraining. I did a very short cycle. Let me tell you these PH's are very serious strong stuff. Even a short cycle gives shutdown. I would really recommend you get a solid PCT. Poacher out

BigFan71

Awards
I’ve done both, I guess I’d go with the Epi, but I suspect if this is your first venture into the hormonal, either will work. As far as back pumps, I don’t recall getting them on either Epi or Hdrol (they are both supposed to be dry), so I’d consider keeping the creatine.

I’m kind of curious why, at a mere 35, you have a hard time jump starting your workouts.
Loosing 85 lbs in 6 months is quite an achievement. You’re kind of contradicting yourself. So what is it you don’t like about your progress?

DB
I have a very low metabolism. While I can lose weight (and 85 pounds in 6 months is pretty fast), I have always had trouble getting in shape - even when lean, and my upper body strength is pretty much static no matter how much I work out. I can walk into a weight room without lifting for years and bench press 250...and I can work out hard for six months and never come close to breaking 300 on bench. I LIKE working out, but even though I know how and I am very naturally strong, workouts are not effective. It has always been that way for me and is worse now than it was...If I ran every day, I would not be able to run any farther in a month (or two or three) than I did on day one.
I hope that a PH will help.

I know that diet is important. My diet is simple. I keep my calorie and fat intake very low, and maximize my protein intake. Some days I don't break 1000 calories - but I still take in more vitamins, nutrients, protein, and fiber than most people. Breakfast is a soy meal replacement shake with a cup of strawberries and a banana...lunch is light and lean with whey to supplement. Supper is something like grilled chicken or fish with brown rice.

About 8 years ago I took andro...I did not read anything on it, I just took it...they had it at Walmart "Joe Weider Androstenedione" 100 mg capsules. I felt like I could workout forever and run through a brick wall... and I had significant strength gains while losing a lot of weight (did not max out at all though). I didn't "shut down," or experience ANY sides from it at all. I am looking for something to repeat that.

I don't want to be Arnold or Lou, just better than I am now.

Thanks for your help...looks like Epi will be what I start with.

MOD EDIT: MOVED. READ THE STICKIES NEXT TIME.