Long term AI usage....?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have recently thought about long term AI usage for a younger man, say in his 20's.... My question is what are the long term side effects from doing this and what would happen once you tapered off completely? Would you be more sensitive to estrogen after that?

Some of us have higher estrogen levels naturally and would benefiet from lowering them over longer periods is my thinking. I know estrogen has its benefiets but i dont like the stuff esp when we have enough in our society (plastics, soaps etc).

Any discussion on this would be apprieciated fellahz

TheAnimalG

TheAnimalG

Awards
I have heard that you would increase your estrogen sensitivity.

Also, studies have found that using an AI long term causes sperm motility and count reductions. (90%)

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6TC9-3V4C10W-7&_user=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=7c27e00562b82541f16c51b6e70cf24d

However, I'm with you on all the reasons to want to do long term low dose AI. I feel and look much better when I'm using AIs.

aspire210

aspire210

Awards
  • Established
Well estrogen is quite essential for a lot of things. Bone density would likely decrease, igf-1 levels would also likely decline. AI's have been known to be liver toxic as well and long term may cause problems. In addition, th ERs would like upregulate to make up fr the lack of circulating estrogen. Not to mention it would likely trash you cholesterol levels.

TheAnimalG

TheAnimalG

Awards
Most SERMs have been long known to be liver toxic.

I haven't seen reference to AI's being liver toxic. Can you post a link or two?

Both Serms such as Nolva and AIs can cause lower sperm count and motility when used long term. (I would assume this goes away after disuse)

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
well....if we are talking an AI like dermacrine sustain then I do not see why there would be any issue with long term use. Obviously the body would benefit from a more cyclic use because of the prior mentioned possible ER up-regulation etc. that and trans-reserveratrol could be a great natural and very healthy approach to improving your hormone balance

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
and trans-reserveratrol could be a great natural and very healthy approach to improving your hormone balance
And THIS is why the French are so manly.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
I suppose it depends on whether it's a steroidal AI or non-steroidal. Many AI's can increase cholesterol negatively some as much as hormones themselves.