Newbee Cycle Advice

kansasboy

Awards
I have been reading and researching for a couple weeks now. I had a couple of surgeries the last year that has dropped my mass down. I am 5'10" and 170 lbs. I have always worked out, ate right, and took protein and creatine. I would like to do a ph cycle to get me back up towards 205-215 a little quicker. I would like some advice on ph's, pre, during, and post cycles. I do not lift for compitition. I would back up to size, without destroying my health doing it. Thank you for any advice/recomendations.

I will also add I am 27 years old.

PhilABowl

PhilABowl

Awards
  • Established
Protein and creatine would be a better route IMO. PH's and steroids are for established trainers; you can increase your strength and muscle at a pace that outstrips your joints and tendons ability to support that kind of weight, and risk injuring yourself. Also, as you recover from surgery, depending on what kind it is that isn't such a great idea either potentially, as some PH's and steroids can lower your immune system and/or healing ability (although in fairness, some can improve them also).

30-40 pounds shouldn't be too tough to add back on if you used to be that size already; maybe a year at worst but probably 6 months or less, versus 3 months on cycle and a month of PCT.

MM1Snapper

MM1Snapper

Awards
I just had shoulder surgery(been out for five months). Lost about ten pounds of muscle and gained about 2-3%bf. I just got back training and gained 7lbs back in two weeks. And my bf dropped right back down. There's this thing called muscle memmory and it works wonders for the human body. Only supp's i took was my multi and whey. And plan on starting my creatine, No-Xplode, BCAA, Casein all within the next week to increase my gains.

Basically dont bother cycling wait till you get back to your previous weight or even higher! Its will intensify your gains trust me.

kansasboy

Awards
Thanks for the replies. One was for my knee and the other for an infected tooth.

I dropped down to 150-155. It seems like 170-175 I can get to fairly easy, but getting up to 205 or so just takes forever.

PhilABowl

PhilABowl

Awards
  • Established
Well the biggest gainer of mass is going to come from large compound movements like deadlift, squat, etc. and I doubt you're going to be doing heavy squats after knee surgery... I'd consider an HGH cycle before test if I were you, just for the healing factor, but again, i still recommend training natural until you're totally healed. A knee injury I would talk to your doctor and see, but I'd say a year minimum before doing anything crazy heavy.